R.I.P.D. The Game PC

1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 69 Ratings

1. Jul 18, 2013
    This game sucks. Really! It is a complete and full re-skin of Godmode (Which BTW wasn't very good either) With a few added maps and animations. And for anyone who is gonna argue against me, HOW DO YOU MAKE A COMPLETE GAME FROM SCRATCH IN 3 MONTHS?! Exactly, you don't.

You should really try to avoid this game at all costs, The people giving it 9, and 10's are obviously not real consumers.

Even IF you see this discounted, DON'T BUY IT! I'm really sorry telling people not to buy games from an indie-dev, but come on! Don't buy it, this will get the dev more money and encourage other devs to make these simple re-skinned cash-grabs of their own games.

Final score: 1, If you play this in Co-Op you may find a little bit of enjoyment, but that's IT! AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS!
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    Worse game i've ever played.

Currently playing it but the first time you notice is that literallty a copy of their previous game God Mode.

Just some stuff got changed, but nothing got deep in the game.

The game play is awful and not fluid at all. MANY crashes.

I don't recommend!
  3. Jul 19, 2013
    Imagine a Horde Mode Game. Now imagine all of the elements from that ground down to their bare minimum and see if you can play it for longer than 10 minutes. R.I.P.D. is a complete cash in, completely relying on sales from unknowing customers. The game is ridiculously similar to God Mode which had similar problems. The only difference is God Mode had an interesting theme and some goodImagine a Horde Mode Game. Now imagine all of the elements from that ground down to their bare minimum and see if you can play it for longer than 10 minutes. R.I.P.D. is a complete cash in, completely relying on sales from unknowing customers. The game is ridiculously similar to God Mode which had similar problems. The only difference is God Mode had an interesting theme and some good level design. R.I.P.D. is just brown.

An awful title from Old School Games and I hope Atlus thinks again when publishing another one of their games.
  4. Jul 18, 2013
    This is really very simply a reskin of God Mode, an already dreadful game, with the removal of some worthwhile features and the addition of a few rubbish ones. It was made in three month's time by literally taking their last game and reskinning it. For the love of all that is good in gaming, DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE MONEY. They give movie shovelware a bad name.
  5. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is literaly God mode but retextured. Aside from that and you can bet who will get the most kills, it's God Mode. The maps are meh and just overal a bad game. Basicly another fail to make a good game based off of a movie
  6. Jul 18, 2013
    Blatant re-skin of the developers last game "GODMODE" a game that was truly terrible. the only thing better about this game is how bad it is.
    Shovel ware is shovel ware 8/10 effort on ripping people off.
  7. Jul 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. хуйня
    хуйня
  8. Jul 25, 2013
    I've seen bad games, I've seen dreadful games, I've seen games I would compare to cancer, but never have I seen a company with the audacity to resell the same game they had just made previously, which was mediocre, and claim it as a new title. Somehow, they took GodMode, stripped it down from the very few things that were interesting, reskinned it, and made that their R.I.P.D game.I've seen bad games, I've seen dreadful games, I've seen games I would compare to cancer, but never have I seen a company with the audacity to resell the same game they had just made previously, which was mediocre, and claim it as a new title. Somehow, they took GodMode, stripped it down from the very few things that were interesting, reskinned it, and made that their R.I.P.D game. Disgraceful, Old School Games, and disgraceful, ATLUS, for publishing this mediocre pile of tripe. Expand
  9. Jul 24, 2013
    i played this game but one question what was the story?what was the gameplay?terrible textures i hate this game really.when we have a masterpiece like last of us this year what should we play this garbage?
  10. Jul 18, 2013
    We have to wonder what the development team were thinking when they made this re-skinned version of their previous game God Mode. The levels are much, much smaller. The enemy variety is woeful compared to the original (which wasn't that good to begin with) with the enemies acting like puppets with no AI whatsoever. The weapon variety is lacking and with the Load-out option defeats theWe have to wonder what the development team were thinking when they made this re-skinned version of their previous game God Mode. The levels are much, much smaller. The enemy variety is woeful compared to the original (which wasn't that good to begin with) with the enemies acting like puppets with no AI whatsoever. The weapon variety is lacking and with the Load-out option defeats the purpose of having unique levels making every map the same. Only two people can play at once instead of the four from God Mode. Overall the minor enhancements over God Mode are not even close to making this game remotely worth investing any time in it. Expand
  11. Jul 18, 2013
    This game isn't worth the money. Playing with my friend for 45 minutes in, i physically fell asleep due to repetitiveness and boredom of playing the same style game play and repetitiveness of spamming the roll to get away from everyone.

The betting system is an unique mechanic which gives them a 1 instead of a 0 however the introduction of this instead of say more challenging challenges or different monsters gets out weighed by the dullness or lack of creativity within the game.

3 Month of work can be plainly seen in this games development and if with it demonstrates that this is a a re skin remodel using preexisting elements which as others have stated means they have re-skinned Godmode which is made by Old School Games as a style of Shovelware so it gives them financing.
  12. Apo
    Jul 17, 2013
    Can't agree with many people saying there's nothing changed from GodMode. Yes, some animations look the same, and there are only two weapons you can switch between. But the gameplay is different, may be due to another balance and level design. R.I.P.D. has some new features, as abilities and consumables. Betting system also seems to be fun, but it needs more people online to be tested.Can't agree with many people saying there's nothing changed from GodMode. Yes, some animations look the same, and there are only two weapons you can switch between. But the gameplay is different, may be due to another balance and level design. R.I.P.D. has some new features, as abilities and consumables. Betting system also seems to be fun, but it needs more people online to be tested. Overall, i think it's a good game, if you really don't expect too much from a movie-based title, that costs only 10$. Worth its money. Expand
  13. Aug 21, 2013
    It's truly depressing that games this terrible can get onto Steam, with gameplay about as fun as sounding and a non existant story, god awful level design, terrible enemy design and, as said MANY times an even worse reskin of God Mode.
  14. Oct 6, 2013
    Shameless copy & paste reskin job of GodMode which is a mediocre game to begin with, all they did was reduce the total playercount from 4 to 2.
    Do not buy this, it's a rubbish version of GodMode.

1. Oct 9, 2013
    R.I.P.D.: The Game is bad.
  2. Jul 31, 2013
    Poor design choices and a lack of content result in R.I.P.D. the Game fitting the stereotype that movie tie-in video games aren’t worth your time and money. While there’s some cool looking weapons (such as a banana) to unlock as a reward for continuous play, after playing for a few hours nothing really seems worth the trouble.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    While this isn't among the worst movie video game tie-ins, it certainly doesn’t buck the trend of mediocrity. It’s simply… not arresting.