7.8

1. Dec 27, 2013
    I think this developer gets the most greedy award for 2013. That's saying a lot considering who they compete against for said award (EA, Ubisoft etc). As of this writing this game is on a flash sale on Steam for 75% off. If I were to purchase this game at that discount with all of it's "DLC's" it would cost me $60. That's at 75% off. why do people support devs who act like this? Boggles the mind. Expand
  2. Sep 8, 2013
    after playing this sim for years I quit. To play competitivly you WILL need- a good stick, pedals and a good PC with really good internet speeds. The guys you play against have cutting edge equipt no matter what they say. Get Track IR if you want to live. Its BS when they say you dont have to buy other aircraft. Costs include- new planes, new maps, new mods- blah blah. The reason its on steam is cause they lost so many players due to bugs and price. This game is so bug ridden- every update carry's a bug and they still have bugs from years ago. Trust me I put a lot of money in this to play it rite- dont get sucked in- its buggy and expensiive Expand
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    Too much money for a sub par game. Flight models are inaccurate, game ruining and have been confirmed to not be fixed due to lack of money. The community for the most part is okay save a few absolute apologists and sycophants (BSR AJW & DW27).

Any threads that give a well thought out review that is other than 100% positive will be locked after the "good ol boys" mentioned above get to
    have their go at the poor souls who dare to have anything other than a favorable opinion get locked. Expand
  4. Sep 6, 2013
    This in-app purchase model needs to die. You spend $40 to $60 to buy the game, and it only comes with a handle of aircraft and it costs $7 to $10 to buy more aircraft and options. Avoid this junk, don't let in-app purchases be a thing.
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    Flightstick required should have been painted all over the website.

I read the journal of the PC Gamer pilot and thought this game sounded like fun. I was horribly wrong.

The flight model is terrible, you have the owner of one of these planes in the review section telling you it is wrong because he owns the real thing and has compared the two. If real planes were this un-flyable no
    one would have survived their first flight in all likelihood.

The plane simply CANNOT be controlled by keyboard.

On top of that, you have maybe 2 planes at your disposal.. despite this being labelled a 'free' game you have to pay for it in reality. The website flat out lies to you in some regards.

I can appreciate what the dev team are trying to do, but they're doing it in the most inaccessible way possible. What could have been a userbase of 30,000+ is now likely a userbase of 3000.

Greed essentially got in the way of this game being good. That and the flight model being crap.
  6. Jul 17, 2011
    I cannot even give this game a (1) because the majority of the games content does not even come included. You have to pay for it extra. Out of the box, you only get a handful of airplanes as standard, the rest you have to buy at 7 to 15 dollars each. AFTER this you can then by upgrade packages for which cost 5 dollars and add things like lights and dials to the aircraft. You also have to buy these upgrades for each airplane. Rubbish. Expand

1. Jul 19, 2011
    The best World War I combat flight simulator ever. To hold your airplane in the skies is an easy task. But it will take some time and lot of training to become a real ace. Rise of Flight is heavily inspired by IL-2 Sturmovik's style and it is able to deliver and entertain almost every virtual pilot.
  2. Rise of Flight offers great and realistic battles during the First World War, but without a story and variety it's short-lived fun. But there's no comparable game out there where you can just go and fly into battle without much hassle. A joystick is recommended.
  3. Rise of Flight is at its core a strong flight simulator. So while flying is fun, dogfighting and bombing ultimately left something to be desired.