5.6

1. May 13, 2013
    I've been part of the game's community for more than 2 years (back when it was still called as Rise of Immortals or RoI) and I’ve watched it undergone changes, with the devs eventually deciding to return to beta at one point a year ago (arguably, turning this into a relaunch instead of a sequel). They changed things which some players believed that make it unique like the individual Immortal leveling, social hub, etc. Personally, I say good riddance to the individual leveling. When RoI ended, I only had two Immortals beyond level 20 if I remember correctly. I am not a hardcore player so it was tiresome. As for the social hub, they at least kept the dance and music.

When they began with BfG, they made up with a lot of things they missed in RoI. First off were the improved splash arts. They changed all the items; I missed some of them but I think it was for the better. There was an item that heals self and allies in a surrounding AoE every time you cast a skill and that was my favorite. I'll admit, it was too good though.

The feature I most appreciate in BfG is the White Knight system. It allows Immortals left by leavers to be taken over by a new player. It gives a player an option to join an existing match instead of a new queue but with the drawback that they can only play the Immortal used by the leaver. I never played as a White Knight before but I’ve been in a game with leavers replaced by White Knights and saved us from a bad game. They even turned the game in our favor.

During those 2 years, I think PG did well to progress the game. There are still several rooms for improvement that need to be filled like the UI, artistic character designs (seeing Murderhoof, it looks like it’s shaping up now, too), and continued promotions. With some community members helping in the latter, I’m optimistic that it will work over time to expand this game’s playerbase.
  2. May 10, 2013
    BFG is the much-improved sequel to Rise of Immortals, but Metacritic has blindly lumped the reviews for both together, hence the low score. Anyway, this game is great fun but very addictive. The characters are intentionally a bit ridiculous and over-the-top, as if poking fun at video game characters in general. My favorite is Roboscorpix, but I suspect he'll be supplanted by the new centaur named "Murderhoof". I mean, he commits murder using hooves! They could only improve this by making a Robomurderhoof. A guy can dream, right? Expand
  3. May 10, 2013
    Tried to get into MOBAs with LOL but the community shut me down so I tried this one out. Very glad I did. It's definitely a blast to play, and it has some really cool features that make it much friendlier to newcomers than other MOBAs. From the Replay system that allowed me to watch good players and learn what to do, to the White Knight feature that addresses leavers, this is definitely my MOBA of choice. Expand
  4. May 9, 2013
    A great up and coming MOBA where the developers actually listen to the community. As mentioned by other users the reviews here are largely reviews of the old 'Rise of Immortals' game which is the prequel to Battle for Graxia. The good: - Easy to grasp for newcomers, but also fun for veterans. - Good customisation for your Immortal because of the selection of items and also persistent XP with artifacts and skill trees.

- Signature (once-per-game abilities) really add to and change the meta and strategy in a good way.

- Immortals have a uniqueness and character that I feel is lacking in the heroes champions of other MOBAs.

- Balanced well. There are a few immortals that i'd consider 'top tier' purely for competitive clan matches but they're not essential or way above the rest.

The bad:

- Sometimes queue times can be a bit longer due to the smaller playerbase.

My old review that got deleted was a lot more detailed from this one, here's to hoping they'll give Battle for Graxia it's own page again.
  5. May 8, 2013
    I'm not very good at MOBA games, but I've played others like League of Legends and I had no trouble warming up to the great community in this one in comparison. A good one worth at least checking out in my book!
  6. May 7, 2013
    The Critic reviews for this game are so bugged.
    It was just released 05/2013, yet the reviews are from 2011......they link to the prequel. :/

BFG is alot different than Rise of Immortals and it makes no sense at all to link 2+ years old reviews to it. Pls fix?
  7. May 7, 2013
    Between the unique Signature ability and White Knight system, the simple item system, and the well built Immortals, this game is a very fun play. If you've played any MOBA before, this one won't be hard to learn, and it's well worth your time. Many of the common tenets of the genre exist, but it has a couple things that make it unique.

The once-a-game use of Signature abilities (extra
    strong spells that, when used correctly, change the outcome of battles and even matches) is a really good take on hero or champion passives from other games. Plenty of diverse items exist, but their upgrade path is simple and very easy to learn. Rather than making recipes like LoL or DotA 2, you just buy an item and upgrade it directly. They range in price from cheap to expensive, and their benefits go from minor to incredible. All together, the item list is very good, and is very welcoming to new players. The Immortals (heroes or champions or gods, from other games) are also well built. You have the standard DPS and caster and support roles, and a lot of the Immortals may seem similar to others in different games. But each has its own special twist, and their kits are well thought out, and work very well together. I highly recommend this excellent game, and it comes with a great community to boot. Expand
  8. May 7, 2013
    this game is total re-design got new system, more immortal (known as hero or champion), as a game release date is may 1, 2013, the other review of date is before 2012.....

it's a new brand of MOBA, and i got many fun from these one, (and yes, i tried dota2 & lol & smite also) but this one is my most recommend

if you like moba, try this one, you won't be regreat
  9. Oct 17, 2011
    If you like this genre (fanstasy Multi-battle arena), if you like strategy, fun, and the Moba style game play, this game is a wonderful gem! Pick an immortal, team up with your immortal buds, and beat the living snot out of other immortals. It's simple, it's fun, and it challenging enough to allow complex combinations of strategies unlike very polished games like Supreme Commander, etc. Your choices actually matter in this game and they affect your strategies and thus your teams chance to win or loose! This is a great game that I believe will get better and better given time and a chance to grow! Congratulations Rise of the Immortals! You guys have a fun, challenging, interesting and inexpensive game! Expand

1. May 8, 2013
    It may not be the most varied game of its type, but it's very good, and it's bent on leaving the genre in better condition than it was found in.
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    Nothing more than a League of Legends clone, with a few subtle differences that aren't going to win over any genre fans. [Christmas 2011, p.62]
  3. Oct 11, 2011
    A game in a bad need of huge patching. Makes you wonder what could be the reason for buying it in the growing MOBA market, especially now that Valve is about to step on stage.