5.6

1. Feb 5, 2012
    Very incomplete DoTA clone. Rise of Immortals has a unique persistent system, however it means it is a ton of grind as you have to level up each individual hero. Also there is no personality in the items or user interface as well as the animations. Very subpar and weak presentation make this a clone you should avoid.
  2. Nov 7, 2012
    This is a title that had a lot of potential but failed to deliver. The graphics are okay and the heroes are interesting, but the game did little in originality to draw a big enough user base to even be in competition to the leaders of the MOBA genre. The controls (camera, movement) are a bit clunky and the voice acting is terrible. If you can actually find enough people online to play youThis is a title that had a lot of potential but failed to deliver. The graphics are okay and the heroes are interesting, but the game did little in originality to draw a big enough user base to even be in competition to the leaders of the MOBA genre. The controls (camera, movement) are a bit clunky and the voice acting is terrible. If you can actually find enough people online to play you will have a little bit of fun but it is limited to how charitable you are with your free time. Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    Horrible game only for people who are too untalented to play LoL (let alone something good like HoN or DotA). Terrible graphics for it's time, clunky gameplay, too much like LoL, buy to win rubbish in a genre that should be totally balanced, plenty of lag, avatars look **** (alt avatars just a gross re-skin) money is too easy to get (finish all your items so quickly), games drawn out forHorrible game only for people who are too untalented to play LoL (let alone something good like HoN or DotA). Terrible graphics for it's time, clunky gameplay, too much like LoL, buy to win rubbish in a genre that should be totally balanced, plenty of lag, avatars look **** (alt avatars just a gross re-skin) money is too easy to get (finish all your items so quickly), games drawn out for ages because of small res times and no gold penalty for dying and probably a heap of bugs (I didn't encounter any I tried to get out as soon as I could). I even went 28-3 and it still made me want to poke my eyes out with a stick. The only game I have actually truly felt bad deep down for playing. Avoid this at all costs, PLEASE just don't waste bandwidth, just go and download LoL or HoN which are both free to play. Unfortunately I really have no way of believing this game will ever get to half of what their competitors are. Just trying to cash in on a popular genre that has just risen up. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2011
    This game is uncompleted. Some animations are awful, the skins are horrible, some Heroes are OP, some heroes are identical to some heroes from League of Legends, and the gameplay is difficult. The game industry must stop making MOBAs.
  5. Dec 23, 2011
    This game is uggly sh*t!
    2 more bugs!!! When registrating, in game... In this game may play only st*pid kid with no brain!
  6. Dec 29, 2011
    This may possibly be the WORST F2P game I have EVER played. EVERYTHING about it is bad. Don't even bother registering for an account, you'll regret it.
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    If you like this genre (fanstasy Multi-battle arena), if you like strategy, fun, and the Moba style game play, this game is a wonderful gem! Pick an immortal, team up with your immortal buds, and beat the living snot out of other immortals. It's simple, it's fun, and it challenging enough to allow complex combinations of strategies unlike very polished games like Supreme Commander, etc.If you like this genre (fanstasy Multi-battle arena), if you like strategy, fun, and the Moba style game play, this game is a wonderful gem! Pick an immortal, team up with your immortal buds, and beat the living snot out of other immortals. It's simple, it's fun, and it challenging enough to allow complex combinations of strategies unlike very polished games like Supreme Commander, etc. Your choices actually matter in this game and they affect your strategies and thus your teams chance to win or loose! This is a great game that I believe will get better and better given time and a chance to grow! Congratulations Rise of the Immortals! You guys have a fun, challenging, interesting and inexpensive game! Expand
  8. May 13, 2013
    First off, boo on Metacritic for treating BfG and Rise of Immortals as the same game. Battle for Graxia is a relaunch of Rise of Immortals, and is for all intents an purposes a completely new game. Oh well.... moving on.

Battle for Graxia is a solid MOBA or ARTS game with many things you'd expect from the genre, but they've done a couple of things that DoTA and LoL currently aren't (yet, at least). Primarily, the White Knight feature can be a real game saver. This feature lets people queue up to either enter a normal game or alternately drop into an ongoing game that has had a player drop. The "White Knight" has the same character that the leaver had, and these players typically drop in 15-30 seconds after the leaver. Nice touch.

Also, I appreciate that the in-match item shop is more streamlined than the item-combining item shops from most other MOBAs.

It's got a ways to go still but it's very solid, with interesting artwork and character designs.
  9. Oct 3, 2011
    Incomplete sums up the experience well enough. Some reviewers are forgetting that the contemporaries (DotA, League, and Heroes) all started off at a lower quality than they are at now. All three games were once like this. The difference between the three and Rise is that they were at the same quality as Rise when they were in development, whereas Rise chose to ship.

Rise has an awkward

Rise has an awkward interface, with imbalanced gameplay and odd design choice. The genre is not new to using tropes for characters (the typical "walking tree" has been featured in every game of the genre so far), but some of the designs are directly copied, and awkwardly implemented. Netheurgist and Nysuss not only look poorly designed, but their aesthetic doesn't fit the rest of the characters.

The leveling system is interesting, and I appreciate more games trying to do something outside of the typical experience, but so far it is at best not polished enough. I hope more studios attempt to do things like this to innovate the genre, but so far the leveling just prevents you from learning multiple characters.

If League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, and Defense of the Ancients are any example, this game can thrive with more time and testing. The core mechanics work, they have a solid platform to build from. Unfortunately, the product is already out there so there isn't much they can do, save some grand re-release, to be a grand competitor in a niche market.
  10. May 7, 2013
    Between the unique Signature ability and White Knight system, the simple item system, and the well built Immortals, this game is a very fun play. If you've played any MOBA before, this one won't be hard to learn, and it's well worth your time. Many of the common tenets of the genre exist, but it has a couple things that make it unique.

The once-a-game use of Signature abilities (extra

The once-a-game use of Signature abilities (extra strong spells that, when used correctly, change the outcome of battles and even matches) is a really good take on hero or champion passives from other games. Plenty of diverse items exist, but their upgrade path is simple and very easy to learn. Rather than making recipes like LoL or DotA 2, you just buy an item and upgrade it directly. They range in price from cheap to expensive, and their benefits go from minor to incredible. All together, the item list is very good, and is very welcoming to new players. The Immortals (heroes or champions or gods, from other games) are also well built. You have the standard DPS and caster and support roles, and a lot of the Immortals may seem similar to others in different games. But each has its own special twist, and their kits are well thought out, and work very well together. I highly recommend this excellent game, and it comes with a great community to boot.
  11. May 7, 2013
    this game is total re-design got new system, more immortal (known as hero or champion), as a game release date is may 1, 2013, the other review of date is before 2012.....

it's a new brand of MOBA, and i got many fun from these one, (and yes, i tried dota2 & lol & smite also) but this one is my most recommend

if you like moba, try this one, you won't be regreat
  12. May 9, 2013
    A great up and coming MOBA where the developers actually listen to the community. As mentioned by other users the reviews here are largely reviews of the old 'Rise of Immortals' game which is the prequel to Battle for Graxia.

The good: - Easy to grasp for newcomers, but also fun for veterans. - Good customisation for your Immortal because of the selection of items and also

The good:

- Easy to grasp for newcomers, but also fun for veterans.

- Good customisation for your Immortal because of the selection of items and also persistent XP with artifacts and skill trees.

- Signature (once-per-game abilities) really add to and change the meta and strategy in a good way.

- Immortals have a uniqueness and character that I feel is lacking in the heroes champions of other MOBAs.

- Balanced well. There are a few immortals that i'd consider 'top tier' purely for competitive clan matches but they're not essential or way above the rest.

The bad:

- Sometimes queue times can be a bit longer due to the smaller playerbase.

My old review that got deleted was a lot more detailed from this one, here's to hoping they'll give Battle for Graxia it's own page again.
  13. May 13, 2013
    I've been part of the game's community for more than 2 years (back when it was still called as Rise of Immortals or RoI) and I’ve watched it undergone changes, with the devs eventually deciding to return to beta at one point a year ago (arguably, turning this into a relaunch instead of a sequel). They changed things which some players believed that make it unique like the individualI've been part of the game's community for more than 2 years (back when it was still called as Rise of Immortals or RoI) and I’ve watched it undergone changes, with the devs eventually deciding to return to beta at one point a year ago (arguably, turning this into a relaunch instead of a sequel). They changed things which some players believed that make it unique like the individual Immortal leveling, social hub, etc. Personally, I say good riddance to the individual leveling. When RoI ended, I only had two Immortals beyond level 20 if I remember correctly. I am not a hardcore player so it was tiresome. As for the social hub, they at least kept the dance and music.

When they began with BfG, they made up with a lot of things they missed in RoI. First off were the improved splash arts. They changed all the items; I missed some of them but I think it was for the better. There was an item that heals self and allies in a surrounding AoE every time you cast a skill and that was my favorite. I'll admit, it was too good though.

The feature I most appreciate in BfG is the White Knight system. It allows Immortals left by leavers to be taken over by a new player. It gives a player an option to join an existing match instead of a new queue but with the drawback that they can only play the Immortal used by the leaver. I never played as a White Knight before but I’ve been in a game with leavers replaced by White Knights and saved us from a bad game. They even turned the game in our favor.

During those 2 years, I think PG did well to progress the game. There are still several rooms for improvement that need to be filled like the UI, artistic character designs (seeing Murderhoof, it looks like it’s shaping up now, too), and continued promotions. With some community members helping in the latter, I’m optimistic that it will work over time to expand this game’s playerbase.
  14. May 7, 2013
    The Critic reviews for this game are so bugged.
    It was just released 05/2013, yet the reviews are from 2011......they link to the prequel. :/

BFG is alot different than Rise of Immortals and it makes no sense at all to link 2+ years old reviews to it. Pls fix?
  15. May 10, 2013
    Tried to get into MOBAs with LOL but the community shut me down so I tried this one out. Very glad I did. It's definitely a blast to play, and it has some really cool features that make it much friendlier to newcomers than other MOBAs. From the Replay system that allowed me to watch good players and learn what to do, to the White Knight feature that addresses leavers, this is definitely myTried to get into MOBAs with LOL but the community shut me down so I tried this one out. Very glad I did. It's definitely a blast to play, and it has some really cool features that make it much friendlier to newcomers than other MOBAs. From the Replay system that allowed me to watch good players and learn what to do, to the White Knight feature that addresses leavers, this is definitely my MOBA of choice. Expand
  16. May 8, 2013
    I'm not very good at MOBA games, but I've played others like League of Legends and I had no trouble warming up to the great community in this one in comparison. A good one worth at least checking out in my book!
  17. Sep 16, 2011
    Rise of Immortals is no match for the two major players in the MOBA genre, League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth (and possibly upcoming DOTA 2). What you may realize right off the bat are the inferior graphics, with some models and pieces looking really weird and unaesthetical. That could be only a little drawback if the game play itself proved to be worthy. Unfortunately, it doesn't. IfRise of Immortals is no match for the two major players in the MOBA genre, League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth (and possibly upcoming DOTA 2). What you may realize right off the bat are the inferior graphics, with some models and pieces looking really weird and unaesthetical. That could be only a little drawback if the game play itself proved to be worthy. Unfortunately, it doesn't. If you are familiar with DOTA, LOL or HON, or even RTS games such as Starcraft or Warcraft, you'll find it difficult to control your hero around the map, because the controls are weird, too. I can't get rid of the weird feeling that comes out of everything in the game. The hero pool is VERY limited. The spell effects are far from being clear, so you can easily get lost in tens of colourful blobs. I would have to spend an hour writing about all the little bugs and weird stuff that keeps popping at you in this game, so let's make it short and clear.

Lobby: 4/5
    Interface: 3/5
    Controls: 2/5
    Graphics: 2/5
    Audio: 3/5
    Heroes: 2/5

Its greatest plus is that it's free. There aren't too many MOBA games just yet, so you may want to try ROI, but be sure you won't find anything of any worth.
  18. May 10, 2013
    BFG is the much-improved sequel to Rise of Immortals, but Metacritic has blindly lumped the reviews for both together, hence the low score. Anyway, this game is great fun but very addictive. The characters are intentionally a bit ridiculous and over-the-top, as if poking fun at video game characters in general. My favorite is Roboscorpix, but I suspect he'll be supplanted by the newBFG is the much-improved sequel to Rise of Immortals, but Metacritic has blindly lumped the reviews for both together, hence the low score. Anyway, this game is great fun but very addictive. The characters are intentionally a bit ridiculous and over-the-top, as if poking fun at video game characters in general. My favorite is Roboscorpix, but I suspect he'll be supplanted by the new centaur named "Murderhoof". I mean, he commits murder using hooves! They could only improve this by making a Robomurderhoof. A guy can dream, right? Expand
  19. May 26, 2013
    Might have stood a chance three years ago but with LoL and DOTA2 out this level of quality doesn't cut it anymore. Yeah LoL started out the same way but it had no competition at the time. The moba market is starting to look more and more like the mmo market.

1. May 8, 2013
    It may not be the most varied game of its type, but it's very good, and it's bent on leaving the genre in better condition than it was found in.
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    Nothing more than a League of Legends clone, with a few subtle differences that aren't going to win over any genre fans. [Christmas 2011, p.62]
  3. Oct 11, 2011
    A game in a bad need of huge patching. Makes you wonder what could be the reason for buying it in the growing MOBA market, especially now that Valve is about to step on stage.