8.5

1. May 30, 2013
    This game isn't a bf3 or cod clone. Running and gunning isn't recommended. If you have a problem with staying low, picking your shots, and getting sniped once and while this isnt the game for you. Bullets act like bullets, they fall and you need to lead. I'm giving this a 7 because its lack of game modes. I would of liked to seen a Search and destroy type game mode, a quality tdm with mapsThis game isn't a bf3 or cod clone. Running and gunning isn't recommended. If you have a problem with staying low, picking your shots, and getting sniped once and while this isnt the game for you. Bullets act like bullets, they fall and you need to lead. I'm giving this a 7 because its lack of game modes. I would of liked to seen a Search and destroy type game mode, a quality tdm with maps made for both modes, and lack of neutural maps (no one attacking or defending, just taking and trying to hold points). If you're not afraid to get shot, learn running and cover paths this is the game for you. Like all tripwire games, it has a learning curve. BANZI! Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    My problem with this game is the lack of game modes, and lack of servers with people in them. The game is fairly interesting and takes a lot of caution when playing. Running and gunning will get you no where, and t you will often die from people at a range. It was a fun break from other FPS games, but it personally didn't have the staying power that other games have. Thought it wasMy problem with this game is the lack of game modes, and lack of servers with people in them. The game is fairly interesting and takes a lot of caution when playing. Running and gunning will get you no where, and t you will often die from people at a range. It was a fun break from other FPS games, but it personally didn't have the staying power that other games have. Thought it was decent though, and would recommend it to people that would like a new game in the multiplayer FPS genre. Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    I think this game is pretty good and it's graphics are very good but it is too demanding like a lot of people have said. Buy it if you like World War 2 style games but if not I suggest you stay away from Red Orchestra's and Rising Storm
  4. May 31, 2013
    This is one of the most messy releases I have seen for a PC game. awkwardly squishing a beta into an existing game, and you can tell that its STILL A BETA with how awkwardly Rising Storm was mashed into RO2, along with all the issues from the beta still being a problem. The game is now this weird frankenstein, with mixed fonts and missing content. I am disappointed in you Tripwire. IThis is one of the most messy releases I have seen for a PC game. awkwardly squishing a beta into an existing game, and you can tell that its STILL A BETA with how awkwardly Rising Storm was mashed into RO2, along with all the issues from the beta still being a problem. The game is now this weird frankenstein, with mixed fonts and missing content. I am disappointed in you Tripwire. I expected better from you guys. I thought this was supposed to be a 1.0 release, not a 0.5 release.

Rising Storm is considered an "add-on" of sorts to RO2. If you own RO2, you can play all the Rising Storm maps, except you are limited to only playing as a Rifleman and can only use either the Springfield M1903, or the Arisaka Type 38. You cannot level up in any way, and no stats are saved.

There are a ton of issues in the Beta version of Rising storm, and ALL of them are in the "full release". for example, there are random issues with being considered "out of bounds", and the out of bounds message will be permanent until it either kills you or you die, even if you run back in bounds. not just that, but there is a ton of text that does not show up correctly either, with all the syntax there.

Tripwire, what happened to you? Please actually properly finish your projects before releasing them. Also, it seems like Tripwire is almost synonymous to buggy games and releases now.

Oh, and even though they mashed RO2 and RS together, they are still considered separate games in the Steam store, which will further confuse RO2 and RS players.

RO2 was a buggy mess, and they never really addressed many major bugs that really kill the enjoyment of the game. TWI promised that they would "fix" the issues with RS along with improve the game... instead we get this even MORE buggy mess that you can tell is a quickly hacked together attempt at shoving more content into the game. At least the majority of game breaking bugs were mostly ironed out in RO2 by this point, and the game is enjoyable as long as the bugs dont act up.

I thought TWI was more consumer centric than this. They showed a ton of potential with RO1 and Killing Floor, but this... this is just pathetically shameless how little they seem to care about both their products and their customers with this kind of release.
  5. Jan 3, 2015
    I have played this game longer than any other. This is because this game has the best multiplayer if you want the ultimate realistic hardcore FPS experience.

The soundscape is excellent. Weapons sound very realistic, whether near, far, or inside a building. Weapon handling (accuracy etc) are still the best I have ever seen in any game (much better than ARMA series in my opinion). There are some neat gameplay mechanics that simulate suppression, and reward teamwork and discourage camper score-whoring. This is probably the only game that really models suppression. Don't bother with the single-player though, its rubbish and the AI is dumb.

When it was released back in 2011, it was rough around the edges with lots of bugs, but now in 2014, with continuous support from the devs, virtually all the problems have been ironed out, and it now runs very stable.

Being realistic and brutal, this is very unforgiving to noobs (and CoD players). Only 1 rifle bullet is needed to kill. Noobs spawn, run forward, and get killed by enemy artillery, or a tank 300m away, or a sniper 200m away, or a machine gunner 150m away, or a maxed out assault trooper 5m away, and never see it coming. Being realistic, machine guns are almost just as accurate as sniper rifles, but it is slightly harder to spot prone enemies without the scope. I am usually the machine gunner, and by a round's end (20min) I may have killed over 80 of them and only died 5 times. That's how ruthless this game is. This is arguably both the game's biggest strengh, and its biggest problem.

This game uses a leveling and unlock system, but it is still quite fair on new players. While fully levelled guns will help (with slightly reduced weapon sway, recoil, reload time, magazine size etc) it is still only 20% of your effectiveness and the remaining 80% is down to your tactical awareness, teamwork, and most of all, your individual skill. That is the most important thing. If you are naturally good, you will start out quite well and only get better as you level up, but if you are not so good at aiming with a mouse, you might always struggle.

The online community is more mature than in most other shooter games. We still get the occasional 12 year old, but not too often. As of Dec-2014 there are still a good range of servers and a good volume of players online (about 1500 sunday night, 300 monday morning). At peak times there are about 5-10 servers with 64 players, and some servers occasionally go over the 64 player limit. The most I have seen is 85, that was epic. In 800 hours of gameplay I have only seen 1 incident of hacking (the artillery hack), and that one was patched out by the devs within days. So, this game has a virtually hack-free environment.

So, this game is too brutal and realistic for many, but if CoD or Battlefield is not cutting it for you, I recommend you try this.

1. Aug 9, 2013
    Rising Storm may not be as intuitive as other similar titles or contain an extensive amount of content, yet it provides one of the more intensive and brutal multiplayer experiences on the market today.
  2. Jul 12, 2013
    This is refreshingly different from run of the mill action like Call of Duty. Even after the engine update it isn’t pretty, but what it lacks in beauty it makes up for with striking realism and a tense atmosphere.
  3. Jul 11, 2013
    Probably one of the best online FPS games with a WWII setting. This stand-alone expansion of Red Orchestra 2 is a must buy for fans of online shooters.