6.9

1. Sep 18, 2013
    This is the biggest piece of CLUCK game I have ever had the displeasure of owning. the controls are CLUCKing bullCLUCK, the combat is CLUCKing unbeCLUCKinglievable, and I can honestly say Id rather have a CLUCK rammed up my CLUCK than starting this game again.
  2. Jan 2, 2013
    Having obtained this game on Steam recently, knowing absolutely nothing about it prior to purchase, I've already gotten 10 times my money's worth. Rocketbirds takes me back to the old platform days with challenging gameplay, great art style and, as most have already stated, a kickass soundtrack. There are so many great reasons to own this game.
  3. Nov 1, 2012
    Let me say that it was astonishing and an enjoyment to play Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken since it
  4. Sep 18, 2013
    This is honestly the biggest pile of garbage I have ever seen on the humble bundle. We were INSTANTLY greeted with a plentiful amount of glitches, ranging from ones I can get over, like my friend not being able to connect to my server, to ridiculous ones like the game saying my controller wasn't connected, even though I was controlling the menu with the controller. It plays the exact same music over and over again, which let me tell you is the most repetitive I have ever experienced. The controls are clunky and feel almost like it's based on a tile system. Do not waste your money on this. Expand
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    Thanks to the Humble Bundle, I got to try out this excellent game that surpassed my expectations tenfold. With an amazing soundtrack, fun gameplay, and some comedic elements, This game was well worth it. I first opened it, thinking it would just be something to play while I was bored, but it is so much more. It is an excellent game, and even for 10.00$, I believe it's worth it.
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    Best Muisc in game. My top 1 indie game in 2013. Hail the king baby! Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  7. Oct 26, 2013
    I got this from the humble bundle, and was eager to try out the co op mode with my cousin. If you can look through the horrible controls, terrible gun mechanics and confusing gameplay, you'll find a game that's a quirky sidescroller with birds and guns, and not much else.
  8. Oct 30, 2013
    It's amusing. That's about all there is to say. The plot is minimal, the gameplay is simplistic, but regardless I still enjoy playing it. Sure, it's by no means a fantastic game but it is definitely good and worth the price if you want a mindless-shoot-em-up-sidescroller.
  9. Nov 27, 2013
    I purchased this game in hopes I would be able to play it and enjoy it all the way to the end. The major complaint was that the controls were stiff, but for the most part I didn't find that to be anything of major importance once I got playing.

The problem I had was with the "jetpaction" where the control scheme completely changed and the level went on and on with enemies that had to be
    hunted down and killed, while avoiding their seeker missiles.

I died first try. Actually I died prior to the jetpaction episode, but I had forgotten that and moved past it, until realizing that I would need to be frustrated for a while to get past the checkpoint not more than ten minutes in.

Wish I hadn't wasted my money. Would have been better off watching the videos online if I can't even get through the campaign on my own.
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    The controls feel very rigid and outdated. Trying to play this game cooperatively is a test in endurance, patience and tolerance for frustration. I've come to expect tight controls and semi-reasonable platforming. What I got was a game that seems to put (an intriguing) aesthetic before anything else.
    The bit of gameplay we managed to endure were unchallenging and stiff shooting segments.
    The levels are divided into several disjointed pieces, some of which are barely larger than your screen. Each of these pieces requires going to the border of the screen and then appearing in the next segment which makes the game feel even more incoherent and annoying. The mechanics for coop play are very odd and the characters end up doing things like climbing on each other automatically and taking control away from you.
    ...and don't even get me started on the jumping mechanics.

Look at the screenshots, get your fill of the graphics, avoid the game itself.

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken is a 2D shooting game where to solve easy puzzles is ordinary. With a cartoon-styled graphic and a indie rock playlist it can entertain the casual gamers.
    A thoroughly enjoyable experience; unfortunately, the game itself isn't very thorough.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Rocketbirds doesn't bring anything new nor does it break any ground, however it's a niche experience in its own right and more importantly it delivers as a title that will occupy your time.