3.3

1. WayneO
    Jan 16, 2010
    I gave this a 2 cos' when it works i actually had some fun playing it... although the game is so uninspiring in places.... but my problem is that it is so unstable and buggy. It keeps crashing my pc and even stops other programs working!! I am astounded that any gaming studio could release this.... if you pick it up on console for bargain bin prices its worth it, but only then.
  2. Aug 5, 2011
    This game is pretty bad. The gameplay is quite generic, the cover system isn't very pleasant to use,... it's crap. However it has a few redeeming factors. For starters, it's quite short, so you'll finish it long before you lose your patience with it. Secondly, it seems like the developers knew how **** this game was so they wrote in the most ridiculous protagonist you can imagine,This game is pretty bad. The gameplay is quite generic, the cover system isn't very pleasant to use,... it's crap. However it has a few redeeming factors. For starters, it's quite short, so you'll finish it long before you lose your patience with it. Secondly, it seems like the developers knew how **** this game was so they wrote in the most ridiculous protagonist you can imagine, dropping F-bombs and creative insults like there's no tomorrow. The credits song is a ridiculous "rap" song featuring some of the protagonist's one-liners cut together. Shortly put: this game just doesn't take itself seriously at all.

If you're gonna pay $50 for this though I'd say don't bother (and I indeed feel sorry for you if you did) but if you can get this for $4 or less I'd say you'll have a few fun hours. I finished it in 2.
  3. DennisS
    Dec 5, 2009
    To correct Brian S, Bethesda Software didn't develop this game in anyway. Rebllion is the developer. Bethesda only published the game. The review: I just got the game today and I just finished the game today... WHAT!? I am furious! It was boring, not visually interesting to look at, seems like no effort was put into this game, way too short, and way over priced. I finished it in To correct Brian S, Bethesda Software didn't develop this game in anyway. Rebllion is the developer. Bethesda only published the game. The review: I just got the game today and I just finished the game today... WHAT!? I am furious! It was boring, not visually interesting to look at, seems like no effort was put into this game, way too short, and way over priced. I finished it in about an hour and ten minutes. Maybe less. The multiplayer does not make up for the extremely short and horrible campaign. All the maps have no creativity and are just awful! Just overall the game sucks. Not a fun game and isn't even a completed for $50. I've found many glitches. I'm not impressed one bit. I could have completely avoided this purchase if I looked at their passed developed games. Sniper Elite, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death, and Shellshock 2. Not one of those are quality and this one is no exception. Rogue Trooper is the only decent game Rebellion has developed. I am not trying to get people to buy Rogue Trooper, just letting the people know it was decent. I noticed the new Alien vs Predator is also being developed by Rebellion. I'm a huge fan of the movies and game series, but that's one purchase I am not making since they don't know how to develop a quality game. I'll wait about a week so I may read some reviews before I decide if Alien vs Predator is definitely garbage. Expand
  4. JonR
    Jan 3, 2010
    I wish i hadn't bought this game just because it looked cool and because "Bethesda" had a hand in its making... never again will i waste $50 on a game like this... if i wanted to play some N64 i would have got my N64 out... This is Total Garbage!
  5. JasonK
    Dec 2, 2009
    Okay, so it is not the worst game in the world. The graphics make this look like a HL2 mod... the gameplay is so dull, you can pretty much waltz through with the unlimited ammo pistol and never die, and if you did actually make the mistake of buying it, you're $50 poorer (like myself) when you could've spent that same money on something far more entertaining... like an Okay, so it is not the worst game in the world. The graphics make this look like a HL2 mod... the gameplay is so dull, you can pretty much waltz through with the unlimited ammo pistol and never die, and if you did actually make the mistake of buying it, you're $50 poorer (like myself) when you could've spent that same money on something far more entertaining... like an overpriced toilet bowl brush. Expand
  6. MK
    Dec 28, 2009
    I got this game for Christmas. It luckily came with the receipt attached to the box. My mom didn't know if I had the game or not. I ended up returning it after beating it within a few hours. Hands down the worst game I've ever played. I feel disrespected. I also feel sorry for Micky Rourke and anyone who buys this game with their hard earned money. I bought Tom Clancy's I got this game for Christmas. It luckily came with the receipt attached to the box. My mom didn't know if I had the game or not. I ended up returning it after beating it within a few hours. Hands down the worst game I've ever played. I feel disrespected. I also feel sorry for Micky Rourke and anyone who buys this game with their hard earned money. I bought Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for $5.00 over steam, and have had hours of fun playing the game. For a title that came out in 2005, it really kicks this sorry piece of fruit right out the basket. Expand
  7. shaun
    May 14, 2010
    Well only reason why it got a one is because they had an idea for game play and such but wasn't well executed. Glitch's a lot making men appear from one spot right next to you. Fell through the game on many occasions. Graphics are obviously from years back. Terribly short. This was a game just slapped together hoping to make money. When steam offers this for $5 consider then.
  8. Sep 18, 2010
    I never got to play the game through due to a video glitch. The game would pause for about a 1/2 second every 2 - 3 seconds. It was so annoying, I couldn't play it. I installed the game on XP Pro and 7 Pro with all drivers updated to no avail. Also there is no patch for the game period! What a waste of money!
  9. TrevorF
    Dec 3, 2009
    Easily the worst game of 2009. Graphics are nothing special, game play is repeditive, levels are badly made and you will finish the game in about an hour and a half.
  10. JosephM
    Dec 10, 2009
    When I bought this game I wanted to cry. I thought it would be good. I thought wrong. The graphics looked like this was an old PS2 game. The gameplay is very repetitive and boring. This game was just utterly horrific. The game lasts about an hour even without speed running. I wanted my $50.00 back, but you can't get refunds on Steam. This is the worst game of 2009. The biggest waste When I bought this game I wanted to cry. I thought it would be good. I thought wrong. The graphics looked like this was an old PS2 game. The gameplay is very repetitive and boring. This game was just utterly horrific. The game lasts about an hour even without speed running. I wanted my $50.00 back, but you can't get refunds on Steam. This is the worst game of 2009. The biggest waste of money. This put Bethesda to same even though they only published it. If you want to blow-off $50.00 go buy a manufactured pet rock. They're way more entertaining than this piece of junk. I hate you Rebellion. Expand
  11. ChrisC
    Dec 12, 2009
    I really tried to give this game the benefit of the doubt despite my instant reaction within the first 5 minutes of playing, but ultimately my initial response to this game remained the same throughout. I was actually happy that it was as short as it was so I could put it down and never play it again. What a waste of my money. I really wish Steam could give refunds and apologize for I really tried to give this game the benefit of the doubt despite my instant reaction within the first 5 minutes of playing, but ultimately my initial response to this game remained the same throughout. I was actually happy that it was as short as it was so I could put it down and never play it again. What a waste of my money. I really wish Steam could give refunds and apologize for selling you absolute crap. I liked the voice-acting by Mr. Rourke, I even liked the way the guns recoiled when using the sights. Add to that that the music was pretty spot on for giving you some energy as you play, but other than the things I just mentioned...A game that could have been something more. I had expected some sort of Splinter Cell"esque" type of title based on the trailers, etc. but I found myself playing a tired game that reminded more of playing Goldeneye on the N64 than any sort of modern game. I'm sure the multiplayer would have been nice, but there is only one problem...There is no one playing it. Do yourself a favor and buy something else. Expand
  12. sakis
    Dec 14, 2009
    even for rebellion this is a devastation, and for Bethesda to publish this, its amazing, you'd think they would make them work longer and harder on this so their reputation wouldn't get ruined, this is a terrible game, people have been complaining about how short it is, but it was still so awfull i couldent get my self to play it to the end.
  13. sakij
    Dec 5, 2009
    this game was so horrible that it felt like an eternity completing the 2 hour campaign, only thing that kept me going was to justify my purchase, i hate this game and i hate myself for paying 50 euro for it. this is the worst game i have ever played, dont buy it, maybe rebellion will have to close it doors after yet another failed game.
  14. Jan 1, 2012
    Terrible controls, terrible AI, terrible graphics, shall I go on? There's little redeeming features to be found in this game, but one thing that is worthy of merit is Mickey Rourkes horrible voice work which is borderline hilarious sometimes, unintentionally though. There's nothing memorable at all and every game-play mechanic and story arc has been done before and much better. TheTerrible controls, terrible AI, terrible graphics, shall I go on? There's little redeeming features to be found in this game, but one thing that is worthy of merit is Mickey Rourkes horrible voice work which is borderline hilarious sometimes, unintentionally though. There's nothing memorable at all and every game-play mechanic and story arc has been done before and much better. The campaign won't keep you around very long and there's literally no replay value whatsoever, but if you feel like spending a few hours thinking you're trapped in a bad 90's movie, there are worse ways to get it done. Expand
  15. Dec 4, 2011
    Absolute horrible.....this game is a total goat ***k! I don`t know who make this game but i rather wasting money to good games than a lame,poor,and a swearing-fest dialog and **** AI game i ever had,do not PLAY!!!!!
  16. JamesW
    Dec 11, 2009
    This has got to be the most disappointing purchase I have ever made in my entire life. The first 10 minutes of the game involves about 50
  17. RIchardM
    Jan 21, 2010
    the worst game i ever played how could they release a game like Rogue Warrior, I really want my money back, game developers say that it is illegal to download games but i say its also illegal to sell games who is so shitty next time i download games first and if i like them i maybe will buy it !
  18. KevinC
    Jan 5, 2010
    Please do not buy this game. Support games that are good by buying them instead. This game is short, bug-filled, and full of poor content. Please do not buy...
  19. johnt
    Dec 21, 2009
    what a utterly crap game, 1980s graphics,sluggish control even with a game pad i got this cut price off amazon for £11-00, if i had paid full price i would have been even more gutted than i am now, what a waste of money.
  20. Jan 18, 2012
    This is probably one of the best games I've ever played, the graphics are top notch, the gunplay is second to none, the rivals that of Battlefield and Gears of War and LOADS of people still play and enjoy it. Bethesda should be given an award for this masterpiece.

Skyrim has nothing on Rogue Warrior
  21. Jan 22, 2012
    A great game. Lots of action right from the start. Very good graphics and game play. The only thing I didn't like was the length of the game. It was over too quick, just as you're really getting into it.
  22. Apr 25, 2012
    This is one of the best games ever made. Go out and buy it now!
  23. SteveB
    Dec 12, 2009
    I want my money back. This is the worst game I have ever played. The graphics are terrible and the gameplay is horrible. I can't believe I wasted $50 on this garbage.
  24. NathenStewart
    Dec 19, 2009
    *Sigh* Really.......? This isn't worthy of being published by bethesda, they should have kicked who ever dev'd this in the balls and threw the game in the garbage. Bethesda for the love of god don't start publishing every peice of **** on the market for a dollar like EA!
  25. WestonM
    Dec 19, 2009
    Don't buy it. It will devour your soul. In a bad way.
  26. Aug 17, 2010
    Can't even begin to explain how bad this game is...
    But your review must be at least 150 characters long.
    So, in an attempt to fill up enough space I'll give you a sample of what this game has to offer.
  27. Dec 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. tjaaa ingen prob ang dette spil ...nemt og ligetil spil, ikke så meget til hjernen bare skyd på alt der rør sig........så på en mørk vinter dag kan det godt slå nogle timer ihjel ...eller mens vi venter på julemaden... Expand
  28. Sep 25, 2012
    This game is utter garbage all you do is brutally murder enemies that are shooting at doors and containers
    and beside that the "stealth" system is like they forgot about that they were making a stealth game,once your seen you can't be hidden again unless you shoot all of the enemies and get to the next batch (which each batch of enemies is like 36 guys) and levels are very short about 5-10 mintues long speaking of time of levels, the entire game is like 2-4 hours long 2-4 HOURS. Now moving on to equipment the pistol is the only weapon that can get off a proper headshot it will one hit people in the head while the SMG weapons take multiple hits to kill them and they have insane amounts of ammo and speaking of ammo the pistol has unlimited ammo. Graphics? the graphics are difficult to rate considering this game is kinda (KINDA) old i guess the graphics are good, suprising, since this game is garbage. This has been my review of Rogue Warrior, this is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life. PLEASE DON'T BUY IT!
  29. JacobM
    Dec 27, 2009
    Deep deep deep disappointment, i had anticipated this game, i pay 50
  30. BrianS
    Dec 1, 2009
    I give this a 2, because its only 2 hours of gameplay for a $50.00 price tag. I knew Captain Marcinko and I was very happy to see his fiction series translated to an interactive format, but this game did not deliver on the potentiality of the character or the intellectual property. It is quite simply a stain on the face of Bethesda Software and on Richard Marcinko's face as well I give this a 2, because its only 2 hours of gameplay for a $50.00 price tag. I knew Captain Marcinko and I was very happy to see his fiction series translated to an interactive format, but this game did not deliver on the potentiality of the character or the intellectual property. It is quite simply a stain on the face of Bethesda Software and on Richard Marcinko's face as well because while the game isn't exactly bad, you can literally play it over a long lunch break. As semi realistic shooters go, its fairly well done, the AI isn't terrible and the levels and settings are fairly good, but, just as you think you've completed the first tier of missions, and you're about to dive deeper into the story from there, you end up getting a credits screen and the game is over. This game doesn't even do justice to the books, much less the mans life and service to the United States, and its got to be the most unexpectedly horrible release in Bethesda Softworks history, simply due to the gigantic glaring and obvious fact of them dropping the ball with delivering a title that actually delivers engaging shooter game play with an enigmatic character that could have actually delivered at the very least 8 to 10 hours of single player story line...but no, 2 hours, it literally makes Modern Warfare 2 look good by comparison. Overall, a good attempt at a realistic shooter game from Bethsoft, but, falling far short of the mark in regards to the expected level of professional development you'd have hoped BethSoft would have taken with a title this potentially lucrative. Don't buy it til it drops to $10.00 in the bargain bin, cause that is about all its worth. Expand
  31. SeanF
    Dec 23, 2009
    I didn't expect this game to be anything special. I begrudgingly bought it based solely on my love for Marcinko and his life story. I figured there had to be some redeeming value in the up-close kills and Rourke voice-acting. But I have to agree with what everyone else is saying. The graphics are SEVERAL years old, the gameplay and AI remind me of the original Red Faction, and the I didn't expect this game to be anything special. I begrudgingly bought it based solely on my love for Marcinko and his life story. I figured there had to be some redeeming value in the up-close kills and Rourke voice-acting. But I have to agree with what everyone else is saying. The graphics are SEVERAL years old, the gameplay and AI remind me of the original Red Faction, and the price tag of about $25+ an hour really makes this game one of the worst I've ever played. It's really a shame, considering the hype. Seems like just another game shoved out as quickly as possible to make some coin. Epic fail. Expand
  32. Aug 7, 2013
    Two hours, twelve minutes. That is how long it took to beat this game, and that's including messing around in the options menus, pausing to disable motion blur, playing on the highest difficulty, and sitting through the credits. If that's not bad enough, consider the 2004 graphics in a 2009 title, nonsense weapon animations, dirt-stupid AI, and the ability to press one button and win aTwo hours, twelve minutes. That is how long it took to beat this game, and that's including messing around in the options menus, pausing to disable motion blur, playing on the highest difficulty, and sitting through the credits. If that's not bad enough, consider the 2004 graphics in a 2009 title, nonsense weapon animations, dirt-stupid AI, and the ability to press one button and win a one-on-one fight instantly if you get close enough.

The reason it still gets a 4/10 from me? It still managed to be somewhat fun, in the "I only paid $2.50 for this and I don't care" sense, and hearing the main character yell insults and expletives like a factory churns out its product remained somewhat amusing through the game's short tenure.

If you can get it for under $5 and/or want a bunch of easy achievements for some reason, it wouldn't hurt too much to pick this up. Otherwise, don't bother. There are better games in the $9.99 price range.
  33. Sep 22, 2011
    Very nice graphics. Thats it. The game itself is painfully boring with unnatural, robotic movements, clumbsy AI and very bad dialog. An attempt to make the character sound like Clint Eastwood gone wrong. Runs very well and smoothly with no major bugs that i noted. Just the gameplay is horrendous. Definitley NOT worth any purchase abouve 3.99.
  34. Dec 30, 2011
    The only reason i gave this a one is because it TRIED to implement stealth. I love stealth games like splinter cell but this game completely failed at stealth and a story.
  35. Feb 2, 2012
    F**k this. The developer want to sell this thing by creating this the foul-mouthed game ever. This game has the most idiotic AI ever. The only good about this is the kill move and is relatively easy (My buds and I finished the game at least 3 hrs in hardest difficulty). If you want a good 1st person shooter skip this piece of dirt.
  36. Sep 12, 2013
    Could quite possibly be the worst video game of all time. Where some games fail to accomplish certain things, this game fails across the board on everything. Graphics, Game Play, Story, Voice Acting.. you name it and this game does it worse then any other game ever made. Shocking that Bethesda would allow their name on this title.
  37. Aug 6, 2012
    Steven Segal simulator.
    If he were so big warrior, killing divisions of special ops, why do Americans ain't drop him down directly into Moscow? No matter, I was lucky, that I ain't paid for this short piece of **** I played it on my friend's computer. He told me, I have to play through it.
  38. Dec 22, 2012
    It's pretty much established this game is bad... but why?

Well, it "just" is. It's like they intended on making a crappy game. First, throughout the whole game, your forgettable character keeps shouting idiotic insults every time something happens. And it can go on for a while. After the first few one-liners, we get it dude, you're mad at the world. Second, the mechanics are pretty
    It's pretty much established this game is bad... but why?

Second, the mechanics are pretty generic. The cover system for one is completely broken; when you're on the edge of your cover, in the correct position that allows you to then move out and shoot your enemies, you can still get hit!! What the hell! Then why are you in cover if you can get shot at!
    The gunfights are pretty forgettable too. At points I just shot a guy in the arm once, nowhere else, and he died. Yay realism!

Third... there's no sense whatsoever. In the very opening sequence, your two mates (a huge, bodybuilding bald black dude and a huge, bodybuilding mohawk-sporting white dude, yay originality!) die... AFTER they had close to 10 seconds (I counted) to run from the guy who unpinned a grenade. But no, they just stand there and give each other a look that says "hey, any idea what's happening?".

As for the graphics, they're horrible. Sometimes it felt like the colours were going to flood out of the pixels and drown me. Even Source, the 2005 version, is better than this.

Everything about this game you'll forget as soon as you're done (which isn't very long - at launch, this was 50 bucks... for a two hours crapfest...)

All in all, don't play this. Not even if it's on sale. Bethesda should be paying YOU to play this game. Not only is it insulting towards other games, it's insulting towards those who play video games. They thought we, the players, weren't any smarter and only need a big dose of testosterone in our games to buy them.

I got the game in a Bethesda Bundle including their three/four latest games for 20 bucks, so I'm not so mad. But you can be sure I'd be asking for a refund if I had to pay more for this.
    Funny thing, if you type "dicks dicks dicks and more dicks" on Steam and then hit search, it returns this game. I'm not joking. The devs deserve this.
  39. Mar 25, 2013
    one of the worst games i have played. it tries hard to be funny and fails at the same time. if it was an indie game and had random glitches than i understand. but its by a big company so more was expected. dont bother getting it, there are better games than this and the 'one liners' get boring quickly.
  40. Aug 9, 2014
    Rogue warrior is at the low end of Bethesda's collection of games. the game is nothing more than a bad first person shooter, the main character is in desperate need of an anger management class, nearly every single line contains some sort of curse word,he seems to hate everyone around him. he shows this in game by stabbing or shooting everyone and everything. the one aspect of the gameRogue warrior is at the low end of Bethesda's collection of games. the game is nothing more than a bad first person shooter, the main character is in desperate need of an anger management class, nearly every single line contains some sort of curse word,he seems to hate everyone around him. he shows this in game by stabbing or shooting everyone and everything. the one aspect of the game that makes my overall score a 4, is due to funny glitches with the rag-doll physics and the main characters bad temper. Expand
  41. Jan 17, 2015
    The bad shooting mechanic, the glitches, bad AI, all of it make the game bad. But the thing that keeps you entertain for 2h30' of the game is the dialouge and all the swearing in the game, makes it hilarious
  42. Dec 22, 2012

It's pretty much established this game is bad... but why?

1. This dreadfully boring, expletive-filled, extremely short shooter is an absolute rip-off.
  2. Rogue Warrior is an amazingly bad videogame. Short, ugly and bland, this game is a new example of the uninspired character of the last Rebellion projects.
    Completely bankrupt of any value whatsoever.