• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Oct 15, 2002
8.5

1. Jun 29, 2014
    The absolute pinnacle of isometric PC gaming, this is truly the most enjoyable simulation game I've ever devoted 100+ hours to. For it's time it was amazing, and still holds it's own today. There's always room for improvement, so I give this one a nine. Well worth the $5 you can get it for now.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    I remember playing the first RollerCoaster Tycoon game for hours back when I was younger. But RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 added more from RCT1 into this game. I love making coasters to build more excitement to my guests or just kill them. The only problem I have with this game is that a few things are missing for me and it is really similar to the first RollerCoaster Tycoon game.
  3. May 4, 2013
    It might seem out of date with the isometric viewing angle and cartoon graphics, but this is one of the only games that I can spend hours playing and not get bored at all!
  4. Mar 31, 2013
    This is the best of the RCT collection! Very enjoyable, play it with the expansions for more fun. I miss games like this. I wish that they stuck to the original game (RCT 1+2) and didn't get too crazy on the actual rollercoasters (RCT3).
  5. Mar 11, 2013
    One of the five games I'm ever going to give a 10. This game has infinite replay value along with a great community for creations. I still play this game weekly at the least.
  6. Nov 4, 2012
    Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 isn't a sequel, but more or less an upgrade of its 1999 predecessor, including additional rides and shops, Six Flags amusement park layouts, and even the ability to create your own Six Flags amusement park. For RCT and Chris Sawyer fans, RCT 2 should be an essential part of your collection. However, if you were disappointed with the first game and want refreshingRollercoaster Tycoon 2 isn't a sequel, but more or less an upgrade of its 1999 predecessor, including additional rides and shops, Six Flags amusement park layouts, and even the ability to create your own Six Flags amusement park. For RCT and Chris Sawyer fans, RCT 2 should be an essential part of your collection. However, if you were disappointed with the first game and want refreshing gameplay, you're looking in the wrong area. Pros: For its time, RCT 2 had excellent mechanics and an original design in comparison with other PC games; additional content including rides, shops, etc.; the ability to customize or create your own Six Flags amusement park adds to the game's addictive quality; as said in the previous, very addictive. Cons: Minor bugs; virtually no refreshing content; lacks features fans asked for in the previous game. Collapse
  7. Sep 3, 2012
    I'd have to say this is one of the funnest PC games to ever be released. Just the basic idea behind this game and the mechanics are purely brilliant, and makes it extraordinarily addicting. I loved making parks as a kid, customizing roller-coasters, and doing whatever is necessary to manage your budget. There were cool expansions for RC2 that were loaded with extra rides and themes, thisI'd have to say this is one of the funnest PC games to ever be released. Just the basic idea behind this game and the mechanics are purely brilliant, and makes it extraordinarily addicting. I loved making parks as a kid, customizing roller-coasters, and doing whatever is necessary to manage your budget. There were cool expansions for RC2 that were loaded with extra rides and themes, this game was literally ENDLESS fun. Even today I still think it holds up overall better than RC3, except of course for the graphics. If you have never experienced making your own Cedar Point and always wanted to, I highly suggest giving this game a shot. Expand
  8. May 7, 2011
    RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is less "brand new", and more of an improvement. Pros: Addictive; less bugs, more amusement rides, shops, and sceneries; real park scenarios. Cons: Doesn't add any new innovation to the series; no sandbox mode.
  9. Nov 26, 2010
    PLEAS E DO NOT BUY IT, graphicas are sad... The rest is worst. Definetly if you see it in a store do not pickit up not even to read the box... Not RECOMENDED to say the least
  10. Nov 4, 2012

1. If this were a movie, it would be the same plot with perhaps an extra character or an added fifteen minutes thrown in.
    The scenario editor and coaster designer are nice, but don't expect an experience that looks or feels at all different from the first game because you won't find it here.
  3. Long story short, if you own the first RCT and its two expansions, then you already own about 80 percent of RCT 2. [Holiday 2002, p.97]