RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 PC

8.6

1. Jan 22, 2017
    This game has been a part of my collection for as long as I can remember. I cant even imagine how many countless hours I've spent trying to design the perfect park in this game. The game does everything right in so many ways. Even by today's standards this game goes above and beyond to give the user nearly unlimited creative capability, from making ridiculous roller-coasters to designingThis game has been a part of my collection for as long as I can remember. I cant even imagine how many countless hours I've spent trying to design the perfect park in this game. The game does everything right in so many ways. Even by today's standards this game goes above and beyond to give the user nearly unlimited creative capability, from making ridiculous roller-coasters to designing the very foundation where the entire park is laid. no game in the genre has captivated me the as this game has. Expand
  2. Oct 1, 2016
    I've been playing this game since the early 2000's That when I discovered the game. As a personal experience I have a tendency to play the second release of game before the first. When I enjoyed the second so much I went back to play the first and found it to be as entertaining. Anyhow the graphics are not great but, they game concept is simple and addicting and entertaining. Now that II've been playing this game since the early 2000's That when I discovered the game. As a personal experience I have a tendency to play the second release of game before the first. When I enjoyed the second so much I went back to play the first and found it to be as entertaining. Anyhow the graphics are not great but, they game concept is simple and addicting and entertaining. Now that I have steam am able to play it again and here I am. Expand
  3. Aug 6, 2016
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is a perfect game. Now although many prefer the original RCT, which is also fantastic, I played this version more. By now, it definitely appears dated, but the dated graphics and isometric view don't degrade the gameplay quality at all. This game is a true classic, and even still runs flawlessly on newer OS. The design of the game is simply perfect, and although itsRoller Coaster Tycoon 2 is a perfect game. Now although many prefer the original RCT, which is also fantastic, I played this version more. By now, it definitely appears dated, but the dated graphics and isometric view don't degrade the gameplay quality at all. This game is a true classic, and even still runs flawlessly on newer OS. The design of the game is simply perfect, and although its not particularly deep, this game will always be my standby for an absolutely brilliant coaster simulator.

(Let's hope Planet Coaster beats it, Eh?)
  4. Jun 25, 2015
    One of my favorite games of al time, I love that I can build a park from the ground up, It just gives me creative freedom that I desire in a game like this.
  5. Jun 29, 2014
    The absolute pinnacle of isometric PC gaming, this is truly the most enjoyable simulation game I've ever devoted 100+ hours to. For it's time it was amazing, and still holds it's own today. There's always room for improvement, so I give this one a nine. Well worth the $5 you can get it for now.
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    I remember playing the first RollerCoaster Tycoon game for hours back when I was younger. But RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 added more from RCT1 into this game. I love making coasters to build more excitement to my guests or just kill them. The only problem I have with this game is that a few things are missing for me and it is really similar to the first RollerCoaster Tycoon game.
  7. May 4, 2013
    It might seem out of date with the isometric viewing angle and cartoon graphics, but this is one of the only games that I can spend hours playing and not get bored at all!
  8. Mar 31, 2013
    This is the best of the RCT collection! Very enjoyable, play it with the expansions for more fun. I miss games like this. I wish that they stuck to the original game (RCT 1+2) and didn't get too crazy on the actual rollercoasters (RCT3).
  9. Mar 11, 2013
    One of the five games I'm ever going to give a 10. This game has infinite replay value along with a great community for creations. I still play this game weekly at the least.
  10. Nov 4, 2012
    Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 isn't a sequel, but more or less an upgrade of its 1999 predecessor, including additional rides and shops, Six Flags amusement park layouts, and even the ability to create your own Six Flags amusement park. For RCT and Chris Sawyer fans, RCT 2 should be an essential part of your collection. However, if you were disappointed with the first game and want refreshingRollercoaster Tycoon 2 isn't a sequel, but more or less an upgrade of its 1999 predecessor, including additional rides and shops, Six Flags amusement park layouts, and even the ability to create your own Six Flags amusement park. For RCT and Chris Sawyer fans, RCT 2 should be an essential part of your collection. However, if you were disappointed with the first game and want refreshing gameplay, you're looking in the wrong area. Pros: For its time, RCT 2 had excellent mechanics and an original design in comparison with other PC games; additional content including rides, shops, etc.; the ability to customize or create your own Six Flags amusement park adds to the game's addictive quality; as said in the previous, very addictive. Cons: Minor bugs; virtually no refreshing content; lacks features fans asked for in the previous game. Collapse
  11. Sep 3, 2012
    I'd have to say this is one of the funnest PC games to ever be released. Just the basic idea behind this game and the mechanics are purely brilliant, and makes it extraordinarily addicting. I loved making parks as a kid, customizing roller-coasters, and doing whatever is necessary to manage your budget. There were cool expansions for RC2 that were loaded with extra rides and themes, thisI'd have to say this is one of the funnest PC games to ever be released. Just the basic idea behind this game and the mechanics are purely brilliant, and makes it extraordinarily addicting. I loved making parks as a kid, customizing roller-coasters, and doing whatever is necessary to manage your budget. There were cool expansions for RC2 that were loaded with extra rides and themes, this game was literally ENDLESS fun. Even today I still think it holds up overall better than RC3, except of course for the graphics. If you have never experienced making your own Cedar Point and always wanted to, I highly suggest giving this game a shot. Expand
  12. May 7, 2011
    RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is less "brand new", and more of an improvement. Pros: Addictive; less bugs, more amusement rides, shops, and sceneries; real park scenarios. Cons: Doesn't add any new innovation to the series; no sandbox mode.
  13. Nov 26, 2010
    PLEAS E DO NOT BUY IT, graphicas are sad... The rest is worst. Definetly if you see it in a store do not pickit up not even to read the box... Not RECOMENDED to say the least
  14. EganA.
    Oct 12, 2009
    I remember playing the first RCT when i was very young. It was one of my favorite games to play. RCT 2 took one of the best games of all time, and made it even better! It added new rides, better animations, etc. With the exception of RCT 3, i loved all of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games.
  15. AndyE
    Sep 30, 2008
    When I first got this game I was ecstatic. My love for it still hasn't died nearly six years later, and even though it may seem nothing new, the sheer customizing ability has been exploited very much by third parties, allowing for titanic parks and down-to-the-bone recreations of some parks. Almost everybody I introduce the game to has loved it and gotten it for themselves, so I When I first got this game I was ecstatic. My love for it still hasn't died nearly six years later, and even though it may seem nothing new, the sheer customizing ability has been exploited very much by third parties, allowing for titanic parks and down-to-the-bone recreations of some parks. Almost everybody I introduce the game to has loved it and gotten it for themselves, so I would recommend this game pretty much to anybody. Expand
  16. IsabellaP.
    Oct 29, 2006
    I think rollercoaster tycoon2 is fun because you get to build your own rides and parks to earn cash from people that is coming to have fun
  17. LyenL.
    Jun 6, 2006
    The six flags scenarios were great but the others were too basic.
  18. BorremansR.
    Mar 6, 2005
    It was great.
  19. BigAl
    Dec 12, 2004
    I love this game so much! grafics r great. highly recommend this game.
  20. NickR.
    Aug 25, 2004
    Rct 2 is so brilliant. I have had it 4 days and have been playing it for for more than 48 hours. The rides are great and i love the fact that you can use real parks. The only dislike i have about this game is i can't keep out of the red. But thanks to the RCT2 Website owner i can now spend loads of money without using cheats or loans. all i needed to do was put my ride's price Rct 2 is so brilliant. I have had it 4 days and have been playing it for for more than 48 hours. The rides are great and i love the fact that you can use real parks. The only dislike i have about this game is i can't keep out of the red. But thanks to the RCT2 Website owner i can now spend loads of money without using cheats or loans. all i needed to do was put my ride's price up to the excitement rating which is easy and so i now have no complaints about the game. If anyone want's to buy who sosen't have it I tell them to buy it. Expand
  21. Rebecca
    Aug 12, 2004
    People are saying this is nothing different to the first one. Well, it is. It has some of the same rides, plus a lot more, you don't have to progress through the various difficulty levels-you can play them straight off and the best thing: you get a sandbox mode. Create your own park and play to your goals. Try creating a park with 'no money'-meaning that whatever you build, People are saying this is nothing different to the first one. Well, it is. It has some of the same rides, plus a lot more, you don't have to progress through the various difficulty levels-you can play them straight off and the best thing: you get a sandbox mode. Create your own park and play to your goals. Try creating a park with 'no money'-meaning that whatever you build, money is not used! It gives you hours of enjoyment just playing with the sandbox mode. Unfourtunately, it doesn't even mention this on the game box, meaning most people don't even know about it! Also included is the rollercoaster designer (in tools, the fourth option on the main menu, near to where the sandbox option is) where you can build and test rollercoasters without the hassle of your park getting in the way-you can even post your coasters on the RCT2 site! Fantastic. Expand
  22. WilliamW.
    Dec 19, 2003
    This game deserves a 10. If you don't rate it nine or ten you simply have a problem. In this game you get to build parks with whatever you want. If your in the mood you can drown, trap underground, or blow people up in a roller coaster accident. What's not cool about that?So buy it! (I'm watching you all)
  23. WilliamWright
    Dec 19, 2003
  24. DanM.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Very good game, with great scenery add ons, but was looking for a little more.
  25. Carl
    Mar 8, 2003
    I played the first game to death, and yes, this time round is very similar in many aspects, but there are also many new features, which mean that you can do the things that weren't possible first time round.
  26. BrianE.
    Jan 11, 2003
    I love this game.
  27. Tyler
    Jan 10, 2003
    Its a excellent game I think Chris Sawyer lied to the fans about RCT2.
  28. BobG.
    Jan 5, 2003
    The game's pretty cool but there not nearly enough cheats for it.
  29. KendallT.
    Dec 10, 2002
    The all new rides and attrations are way cool. The scenario and coaster designers add to the amount of fun you can have with this game. There is so much to do that you cant help but play for hours. If i could change anything It would probably be the guests. I would make them more interactive with the player. And may being able to ride your rides would be nice!
  30. Eric
    Dec 8, 2002
    I found this game good and bad. The Six Flags aspect was what I was most stoked about. But the other scenarios were disappointing...too simple and not enough to them. The designer and scenario editor are cool. Although it takes a ridiculous amount of time making the scenario halfway decent. But im a loyal RCT fan and i back this game up all the way.
  31. Debate
    Nov 25, 2002
    The original Rollercoaster Tycoon was a huge 10/10, unfortunately, this is exactly the same game. The rides are exactly the same, the graphics are exactly the same, the interface is exactly the same... additions are limited to a couple of new rollercoaster types and a cash machine. It is hard to imagine that this could even justify a patch, let alone a whole new game. Take my advice and The original Rollercoaster Tycoon was a huge 10/10, unfortunately, this is exactly the same game. The rides are exactly the same, the graphics are exactly the same, the interface is exactly the same... additions are limited to a couple of new rollercoaster types and a cash machine. It is hard to imagine that this could even justify a patch, let alone a whole new game. Take my advice and stay away. If you're really into a three year old game go out and buy the original. You won?t be able to notice the difference and you?ll save a packet. Expand
  32. Debate
    Nov 25, 2002
  33. NicolaJ
    Nov 22, 2002
    What a fab game. Even better then the first version. Well worth playing. Great value for money. Hours and hours of great fun.
  34. MasterMan
    Nov 16, 2002
    I Love It!!!!! GET IT!!!!
  35. IlluSionS667Dinky
    Nov 13, 2002
    Outdated.
  36. SimonJ.
    Nov 1, 2002
    The graphics are slightly better and it is good that you can create your own senario, but i have found the game a bit disappointing. I did not know that you can ride the rides.
  37. AlejandroP.
    Oct 27, 2002
    After playing the original "rollercoastertycoon" I really enjoyed it, and the other 2 expansion packs did nothing but get better. But rollercoaster tycoon 2 does not impress me that much. It is so much slower! Overall I give it a 5.
  38. RickeS.
    Oct 26, 2002
    This game is so fun! Buy it!!!
  39. AdamW.
    Oct 24, 2002
    Unfortunatley, this game falls in the middle with everything. Graphics, Gameplay and overall presentation let it down. Its a shame that Infogrammes has released this title. All it has done is tarnished the previously perfect "Rollercoaster Tycoon" franchise. Shame.
  40. JoshW.
    Oct 23, 2002
    This game is the best you should try it if you like to build theme parks. Also its pretty cool because its better than the first and you get to ride the rides after your done building them.
  41. SeanC.
    Oct 15, 2002
    Infogrames should have called this "RollerCoaster Tycoon Gold". There are not sufficient enhancements to the original game to warrant the '2'. For those who never played the original, this is a great game to try. For those who have, wait until Chris Sawyer and company develop a sequel worthy of your money.
  42. Nov 4, 2012

1. If this were a movie, it would be the same plot with perhaps an extra character or an added fifteen minutes thrown in.
    The scenario editor and coaster designer are nice, but don't expect an experience that looks or feels at all different from the first game because you won't find it here.
  3. PC Gamer
    Long story short, if you own the first RCT and its two expansions, then you already own about 80 percent of RCT 2. [Holiday 2002, p.97]