RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 PC

4.9

1. Jul 16, 2013
    This game fails to capture the manic fun that was in the old 'Theme Park' game that kicked off this genre. Instead behind the initial wow of graphics showing roller coasters you are left with a rather soulless management game that utterly fails to excite.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    My 5Ghz octocore PC with a 780 LAGS LIKE A MOFO in this game... Seriously Steam should reconsider having this game up for sale what a freaking joke! This game is 7 years old, and can't run smooth on a modern highend PC gimme a freaking break!
  3. Mar 7, 2015
    (0 out of 4 people found your review helpful. Thanks for the feedback)

(0 out of 4 people found your review helpful. Thanks for the feedback)

This game is fun if you leave out the fact that 1) you can't kill visitors, something that's been very fun in RCT 1 and 2, 2) Atari went overboard with the franchise but is now trying to patch up all the damage they've done by making a fun looking game by the name of roller coaster tycoon world, and 3) the game just gets boring after a while. I like to play sandbox because then I'm not limited to what I do but even then it gets boring, and 4) it kinda lags a bit. I had fun playing this in years that weren't 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010, because now the game shows its age and now that Atari realizes that the best choice was not to continue releasing crappy DS ports and pay2play iPhone games, they're trying hard to make a good game. Though this is all bad, I liked being able to see my coasters from the first person, something not capable in RCT 1 and 2, and there are tons of mods for this game. Other than that, if you are still interested in this game, buy it on steam when it's really cheap on something like a weekly deal or a seasonal sale.
  4. GregM.
    Dec 5, 2004
    This is bullsh!t. I wasted $40.00 on this game to only find out that you need a nVidia or ATI 3D game card....Why was that not listed on the system requirements on the INTERNET??? I knew when Atari bought this franchise that would be the end of this game. This version will never have the soul like the first 2 did, because they weren't worried about making the most state of the art This is bullsh!t. I wasted $40.00 on this game to only find out that you need a nVidia or ATI 3D game card....Why was that not listed on the system requirements on the INTERNET??? I knew when Atari bought this franchise that would be the end of this game. This version will never have the soul like the first 2 did, because they weren't worried about making the most state of the art game, which required HARDWARE that 85% of the country DOES NOT HAVE!! Expand
  5. SamuelA.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bad GAme , too many bugs, this is not a game not even a beta, its junk....! I HATE TJHE GAME, but still its rather fun AND the graphics BEST EVER!
  6. HansiWalter
    Feb 15, 2007
    The only score i give is for the box...lol...i bought this game from scollastic (its a schooll book order thingy) for $30.00 and it didnt run....i had been waiting for ever for the new release of this game but when i got it the only thing that worked was the box...it is oneof the best box designs EVER!!! But the game sucked!!! >-<
  7. KevinC.
    Nov 8, 2004
    This game is great, if you can get it to work. Ride ratings change on a dime, people leave your rides and park on a dime, among other glitches. Atari admits the game was released too soon, to jump the gun on big releases coming in Nov. There are too many bugs and problems to mention. The game itself is highly addictive and fun, but it quickly turns to shear anger when you encounter all of This game is great, if you can get it to work. Ride ratings change on a dime, people leave your rides and park on a dime, among other glitches. Atari admits the game was released too soon, to jump the gun on big releases coming in Nov. There are too many bugs and problems to mention. The game itself is highly addictive and fun, but it quickly turns to shear anger when you encounter all of the problems. Atari is working on a patch, but until that time the game will sit on my shelf and collect dust. Expand
  8. EthanU.
    Dec 24, 2004
    The game is highly addictive, but a major issue is all the bugs. The game is fun, but the problems just lead to irritation. When I first bought the game, I was really excited about all the new features, but now as I play more of it, the bugs are really hampering the game play. Just recently, I stopped playing because of an issue with a coaster that meant that I would have to reset a ride The game is highly addictive, but a major issue is all the bugs. The game is fun, but the problems just lead to irritation. When I first bought the game, I was really excited about all the new features, but now as I play more of it, the bugs are really hampering the game play. Just recently, I stopped playing because of an issue with a coaster that meant that I would have to reset a ride every few minutes. I will start playing again once all the bugs are fixed, but till then I'll spend my time on other things. Expand
  9. MikeL.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Excellent game features but was released FAR too soon. It has hundreds of serious bugs, and is probably useless for more than 50% of the people that bought it at release. The quality of the game isn't even at "beta" yet, never mind gold. Three words, Atari/Frontier might hear soon: "Class action lawsuit" This is unacceptable.

This is an addictive game with a great playful and positive premise, something you don't usually find in games these days. I just wish the developers had been allowed a little more time to iron out the last few wrinkles.
  2. AceGamez
    Every bit as addictive, creative and as easy to play as its predecessor but with new looks and additions bringing it bang up to date. And if the Coaster Cam alone doesn't convince you that this is a worthy purchase, then quite frankly nothing ever will!
    A surprising number of serious bugs damage what is otherwise a highly addictive game.