8.9

1. Dec 31, 2013
    Awesome game! Scenarios are great and the gameplay is so much fun! I've played so many hours of this game I've lost track a long time ago. Tons of rides and different landscapes to build them across. Definitely not as much freewill as RCT2 & 3 had but you have to understand that this one is what started all of this, and it's an incredibly solid amusement park simulator. The guests areAwesome game! Scenarios are great and the gameplay is so much fun! I've played so many hours of this game I've lost track a long time ago. Tons of rides and different landscapes to build them across. Definitely not as much freewill as RCT2 & 3 had but you have to understand that this one is what started all of this, and it's an incredibly solid amusement park simulator. The guests are pretty intelligent and it's fun to mess with them. This RCT can actually get a little repetitive at times, but it's so enjoyable to play it doesn't even matter if you do the same thing again, because it's just that good! Literally the only complaint I have about this game is the time required for the scenarios (missions) to be completed. I can easily reach all the requirements in like a year of game time, but then it makes you wait two more (for example) before you've completed the mission and unlocked the next one, so a lot of the game is just sitting there waiting for the timer to run out before you win. But there's always something to do, and when you get a few minutes of down-time, just looking around your park and watching your guests is enough to keep me entertained! I don't give out 10's that often, only about 6 of them out of the 160+ games I've rated. but RCT definitely has earned this one! Expand
  2. BanreyN.
    Sep 29, 2002
    This game is crap.
  3. ZoeW.
    Mar 30, 2002
    Fantastic. This game is very addictive and there are much more parks and scenarios than before. Well done!
  4. ALPAH_3954
    May 2, 2004
    The first version is a lot better than the second, like all good series the first one (original) is alway the meanest.while rct2 has more of bascily everything and has been upgraded to bugery the same cincept is there kinda been there dine that. catcha ALPAH_3954
  5. KyleK.
    Oct 9, 2001
    This is the best computer game ever, thanks.
  6. ChadL.
    Aug 4, 2001
    This has got to be one of the best games on earth.
  7. MalikaiV.
    Jan 6, 2002
    Very good game. Any tool you would need is at your fingertips. Recomended to anyone. Don't be afraid of wasting your money on video games. This one is no waste. Buy it now!
  8. JakeJ.
    Mar 3, 2002
    It is the best pc game ever.
  9. KatzM.
    Sep 8, 2002
    Games like RCT and Sims are my personal favourites. Whenever I place, I feel like I'm in another world!
  10. IdaN.
    Sep 13, 2003
    Best RollerCoaster Tycoon game in stores!! For real!
  11. X
    Dec 10, 2001
    Great Stuff, I would give it a ten if there were some more water rides and roller coasters, there were more cheats to make the game more interesting, and you could create your own landscape and do what you like.
  12. ZachC.
    Aug 1, 2001
    Awesome! Lots of options.
  13. BrendanW.
    Aug 14, 2001
    I am addicted to this game!!
  14. ScottD.
    Aug 20, 2001
    I play every day and never get tired of building.
  15. Guest666
    Sep 1, 2001
    If you're pissed off, you can go and drown people or crash roller coasters and not get put in jail.
  16. JazD.
    Nov 3, 2002
    I love this game, I love the rides. (The parks are cool)
  17. JohnathanH.
    Oct 23, 2002
    I would give this game a perfect 20 but the score rating olny go to 10. This game is the D'bom.
  18. TrevorM.
    Jan 3, 2002
    I gave it a 9 because I build great roller coasters but the Intense rating is always too high.
  19. JoyS.
    Jan 3, 2002
    The best game i've seen in ages. If I were a game critic I'd give this two thumbs up and recommend it to anyone who wants a simulatoin game.
  20. PhilK.
    Feb 11, 2002
    It needs 100.
  21. KatiaS.
    Feb 15, 2002
    Very nice game, but a bit boring I must say. But: "Rollercoaster Tycoon is very good value!" lol
  22. SimonE.
    Feb 26, 2002
    I Love this Game. The Best I Have Played So Far.
  23. JustinaS.
    Mar 11, 2002
    It is a really great game, and it helps you improve your building skills.
  24. AlisonC.
    Mar 12, 2002
    It's just brilliant!!! It's a game where you make your own Rollercoster park and if you don't make the dead line you have to start the game all over again.
  25. JustinH.
    May 7, 2002
    This is a really great game!! Keep up the good work!!
  26. LittleC.
    May 9, 2002
    This game is great and that's all there is to it. There are plenty of rides, and it has kept me going for months. The scenarios could have been easier though and you should be able to create your own park without the objectives.
  27. ColinTangWeiQ.
    Jun 1, 2002
    The Best Game EVER! It is very addictive. Once u start u can't stop.
  28. MattW.
    Jun 28, 2002
    I have successfully created a wooden roller coaster with an excitment rating of 11.33!!!! Email me to find out how i did it and download my mEGA Coaster.
  29. MattG.
    Aug 5, 2002
    This game is the best game i've ever played and right when the 2nd comes out im gonna get that game as fast as i can.
  30. NicoleB.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Tis is Tight and ion play video games.

1. The only real problem with Loopy Landscapes is that it doesn't add two much-needed elements to RollerCoaster Tycoon: a free-for-all mode in which you're not constrained by scenario objectives, and a means of controlling the game speed.
  2. Daily Radar
    This expansion provides loads of new rides, themes and fun.
  3. PC Gamer