6.9

1. Dec 29, 2011
    It's crap if you couldn't tell already. Registration is slow and buggy, and once you get inside, nothing will impress you. This game is an utter bore.
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    One of the worst MMOs in history. Lucky it is free to play because you would regret spending 1 cent on this game. I can't believe steam is pushing this game, looks bad for them. It is more repetitive than any game you will ever play. You run the same dungeon over and over at different difficultly levels. It is very easy even on very hard. Stay away.
  3. Jan 4, 2012
    This game is by far one of the worst rpgs of this genre, is a game with a boring gameplay, the graphics are nothing special and the keybindings configuration are a bit tricky since in game we cannot use the mouse. From the little I played the most interesting is the lore of the game.
    I give this classification because compared with other free to play games such as Dragon's Nest and
    Vindictus, its a really low game.
    Anyway there's nothing like experience and put your opinion here.
  4. Jan 29, 2012
    The game looks great from the trailers, but upon installation and play it's rather terrible. The game can be played either by PC controls or by a console controller. I don't have a console controller so I played with PC controls which turned out to be incredibly unintuitive, clunky and bizarre just for the sake of being bizarre. It uses the arrow keys instead of the ASDF keys which is a throwback to games from the 1990's. I spent a good 30 minutes just trying to move from point A to point B. There's absolutely no reason for controls to be this bad.

Character customization doesn't exist. You pick from four different classes which are permanently set with their race, gender and style. All you, as the player, get to do is pick which class and give the character a name. That's the extent of character creation.

Once you get into the game after character creation, you're bombarded by cutscenes with terrible dialogue. I'm going to go out on a limb and attribute it to bad translation errors. Regardless, they're EVERYWHERE whenever you talk to any NPC. You cannot proceed without talking to specific NPCs which give you various quests. It turns out there are two game modes for Rusty Hearts. One that is a 3D world and you can walk in any direction (provided you can successfully manage the clunky controls). The other game mode is when you go into dungeons. The game becomes a 2D side scrolling fight game. Again, another throwback to games from the 1990's. Why? Your character starts off with a small handful of abilities which have annoyingly long cooldowns. These abilities are your ONLY offensive abilities which means you're going to be standing around getting pummeled while you wait for the cooldowns to finish. These abilities also use magic which, it turns out, doesn't regenerate and there are no mana potions for sale. You're pretty much done and out after the first encounter with enemies. Rusty Hearts seemed like it had a good concept behind it, but took too many development shortcuts to the point that it ruins the game. I struggle to understand why anyone would give this game any score above a 5. What game are they playing? It's certainly not Rusty Hearts.
  5. Jan 6, 2013
    Fairly average-to-bad hack-and-slash MMO.
    Looks and feels unpolished, the game and camera controls seem unfinished and unintuitive.
    Game Mechanics and Physics feel laggy-floaty like Dragon Nest.
    Not worth to play.

1. Jan 6, 2012
    Rusty Hearts can be worth your time, even if you are not a fan of the genre.
  2. Dec 14, 2011
    Rusty Hearts is a funny game with a great gothic atmosphere. If you like online roleplaying games with a bit of additional hack and slash action, then it's what you may have looked for. It is definitely a good game, not only between the freemium ones.
  3. Oct 21, 2011
    Rusty Hearts surprised me. It has a good game play mechanic, fantastic atmosphere and art style, and some really good multiplayer modes. What is so surprising to me is not how good the game is, but rather that nothing is being charged for it.