1.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 481 Ratings

1. Aug 1, 2014
    If you liked Sacred 2 and how much more fun it is than Diablo 3, don't buy this. They've dumbed down everything for console users, a completely linear game, 0 customisation, no loot, less characters, two abilities, a shield break and a standard action style attack, this game plays with a controller perfectly, giving me the feeling this game was dumbed down for the potatoes. This game doesn't even deserve to have the Sacred name. I'd vote for the Sacred 2 servers coming back on any time with expansions and patches over this complete garbage of a game. All of the official critics rating it good are out of their mind or paid off. Sorry but this franchise just dropped the ball and with the money I wasted on this I think im going to have to start up playing Sacred 2 again. If it was named a different game I would like it, but I do not consider this "Sacred 3". Same way I don't consider Final Fantasy 13 as a real Final Fantasy game. Expand
  2. Aug 1, 2014
    From good RPG to casual console slasher. Thats all. Its not even RPG anymore, no loot, no exploring. Its might be funny to play co-op with friends, but its not what we wanted from Sacred 3.
  3. Aug 1, 2014
    Instead of a conventional review, I'll sum it up in a few points:

1) This game has nothing to do with the franchise "Sacred", except in name. I don't know why they even decided to use the same name.
    2) It was clearly designed to be played on a joystick. Trying to play on the PC without the use of an analog joystick is an exercise in frustration. The WASD control doesn't work well at
    all.
    3) The game isn't so much an RPG, but more an action game with some RPG elements. A great comparison would be Dead Island: Epidemic - even though this game is far below in quality.
    4) The game is extremely linear. You advance, gets stuck in an area where you defeat a series of (repetitive) enemies, the path is cleared, you advance, and everything repeats again and again.
    5) The graphics, sounds and music are nice. But the voices are annoying.
    6) Becomes tedious. Fast.
  4. Aug 1, 2014
    Sacred 3 an ARPG without any ARPG elements that makes a good ARPG. Lets be frank this is shovel-ware. Its basically in the same category that comes out of you dog. It says a lot about the company that made it and the game that they had to release it before the press embargo was even lifted. So unless you get satisfaction of spending money on **** stay away from it.
  5. Aug 1, 2014
    I don't understand why studios continue using names from sagas that they clearly don't want to continue. Only in ARPG it seems a massacre with Diablo 3, Dungeon Siege 3, now Sacred 3. I am out of words... Sacred 2 has even better graphics! Ridiculous.
    The answer is pretty simple: consolization... They dumbed versions of their predecessors to sell to casual games in their casual hardware,
    exploiting the good name the franchise earned before. But all in this philosophy sucks because using the same name they are pointing to the WRONG market, people who enjoyed Sacred 1 or 2 will spit in your face with this crap... If you want an ARPG, sandbox, dark good graphics, with deep development of your character and toolset to make mods: Grim Dawn, other good alternatives are: Torchlight (the same but cartoon), Van Helsing (the same but without editor), and Path of Exile (the same but without offline and editor). Or better reinstall Diablo 2, Sacred 1&2, Titan Quest or Dungeon Siege 1&2, either one better in each pixel. Expand
  6. Aug 1, 2014
    First of all I haven't played Sacred & Sacred 2, only Citadel, so I won't be able to talk about how it ruined the saga but nonetheless I feel sorry for the fans. I like beat'em all and action/rpg oriented games usually but this one just feels stupid. It's a basic beat'em all with a few RPG/Hack'n'Slash elements.
    Graphics are decent and that's about the only thing that is ok with this
    game. I mean... 25gb hdd free space required for this ? Seriously ? Then, the scenario looks bad and the game is full of jokes obviously geared towards 10 year old hipsters. You just wanna shut the assistant's mouth when playing. She's so full of bleep ! Other than that, this game is too easy, repetitive, boring, unbalanced and not designed for solo gaming.
    Bringing this game on the market about a month after Divinity: Original Sin came out feels like a suicide.
  7. Aug 2, 2014
    This is a DISGRACE to the Sacred series!
    It lacks everything that the previous games had!
    No open world, no lore (item drops), no stats (STR/DEX..), no complex skill tree.. Nothing...

This is simply the most horrible game I've ever played!
    Complete waste of money and time. Don't bother.
  8. Aug 1, 2014
    After seeing so many friends falling into the death trap of pre-ordering this game. I come here to try to save some people here.

This game is charged at around USD 50. You may probably expect this would be an AAA ARPG title, considering Sacred series is a well known ARPG series, right? NO. This game is now downgraded to a poor console port game, in which its quality is only on par with
    an action game in tablet or smart phone.

Yes, this game is no longer an ARPG. There are no character customization, stat or skill point allocation and equipment system. Instead of the open world in the Sacred series, you now play the game on a stage basis. And this game simply become an action game like those in smart phone, you have to clear one stage with limited move sets, fighting hordes of monsters, then you move on to the next stage.

According to the steam store page, this smart phone game requires 25 GB harddisk space and USD 50 from you. So, please just say no to this game, in order to save your money and harddisk space.I hope everyone disappointed by this game will find some interesting games to play with in the mean time.
  9. Aug 1, 2014
    This is only Sacred 3 in name. Content has nothing to do with the Sacred franchise. It's a shame, because a third installment would be the perfect opportunity to polish the game play from the original series while notching up the quality.

After I started playing, I was searching for the inventory button, but you have no inventory! You find no loot! What little skill customization there
    is, is done between "missions". There is no exploration! You don't ever have the feeling of heading out to see what the world offers or what you can find, because everything is linear. Every time a mission is done, you're yanked from the world back to the character menu!

Not sure how I feel about the voice overs. They're kinda lame, though delivered with a certain energy.

Diablo 3 does not look so bad now. That's saying a lot.

I give it two stars for pissing all over the Sacred franchise and abusing fan goodwill. Next time, developers, use another name and avoid the karma of deflated expectations.
  10. Aug 1, 2014
    I've never felt the need to write a review but I do today. This is not a Sacred game, There is absolutely nothing of the core game mechanics and style that made the first two games great withing this steaming pile of console designed dumbed down trash. If you want a mindless diablo style game minus loot, and character development go ahead and enjoy, if your a sacred fan, turn away as fast as you can and load Sacred 1 or 2 and relive the glory. All I can say is that whoever signed the dotted line to produce the should be ashamed. Expand
  11. Aug 3, 2014
    The Sacred series in the past contained rpg elements, open world, and tons of loot and missions. Sacred 3 has none of these. Not even remotely close. This looks more like Sacred Citadel 2, and I can only assume the company decided to base Sacred 3 off of Sacred Citadel rather than the Sacred series. This is a pathetic attempt of a game and they should be ashamed of what they TRULY did: trick us into thinking they made another Sacred title for the sake of GREED. Expand
  12. Aug 1, 2014
    Sacred 3 is a toned down version of an action RPG, similar in style to diablo and so forth, but even less options and customization than diablo 3. There is no loot or proper equipment, and you can only have two abilities on your bars at once. The PC controls are very lacking, hard to play without a controller. Mouse doesn't function properly when using a keyboard. The graphics and voice acting is okay. If it cost like $10, it would maybe be worth it if you planned to play it together with friends. Buying it at full price or to play without friends is just silly, better of getting path of exiles, diablo 3 or something similar Expand
  13. Aug 1, 2014
    How dare you calling this Sacred 3. I was really looking forward to the game I used to love, but better graphics, new quests, even heroes maybe. This is very disappointing, obviously made for a console, lacking everything I knew from previous games, and loved. If it was just called something else I might have given it a 4 but not to Sacred sequel.
  14. Aug 2, 2014
    Game itself isn't that bad, it's an average action game.

But it's not a Sacred game, remember what they did to dungeon siege 3? It's worse than that.

THere is NO items, No Loot, very limited customization. Feel like a very bad devil may cry game.
  15. Aug 3, 2014
    If it would be an Indie Game for 15$ with an own Franshise , i wouldn´t care much about it. But it pretend to be a Sacred Game. Dont let the Name fool you. Its a buttonsmashing action rpg, with 2, yes you read right, 2 active skills you only can change between missions. No open World, no Item Loot ect. This Game is for absolute Casual Gamers who want smash some buttons for an hour after Work, its no RPG and no Brain is needed. Expand
  16. Aug 3, 2014
    Lets be honest, DeepSilver is using the name Sacred to make money. This isn't Sacred. It seems as if DeepSilver gave the projected to one guy who has never played a Sacred game and said "You have four years to develop this on a limited budget". It's funny they would ask "suggestions for the next "Sacred" game", because they took into account zero of them. This isn't a RPG. It's like a blander version of Dungeon Siege 3 and not just a little either. This is a ultimate fail from DeepSilver, and it's really hard for me to see how they are staying in business after 4 straight years of making such terrible games. This has to hurt them not only from the retailers that sell their games but also from the fans of other games they have purchase the rights too. It's silly to me to think they would not cancel this game 2 years ago when they saw the direction it was going in. Don't waste your money!! This game makes all the complaining from diablo 3 which had many elements from both diablo 1 and 2 look very silly. Ultimate disappointment and for $50? Get real DeepSilver. Expand
  17. Aug 2, 2014
    I am old fan of ARPG games, so I buy all off them. Diablo, Torchlight, PoE, Vanhelsing, Grim Dawn and many others. And when I saw the videos of this game I was thinking it will be bad game, but I need to try it, because this is ARPG. And when a played this first time… so this is not even ARPG. This is not disappointed me like other players, because I’m not fan of Sacred One. But I got a few questions. Why you called this Sacred 3. Maybe you need to name this game Sacred Citadel 2? And why this game so expansive, for example Witcher 3 and Risen 3 in more lower price. Expand
  18. Aug 3, 2014
    Well now, this not a Sacred game this is just like a arcade spin-off look a like. Sacred used to have a deep story, but this thing with their lame jokes does not even compare
  19. Aug 4, 2014
    It's an insult to PC gamers, an insult to our intelligence to think that they could palm this off as anything other than arcade junk. If they had marketed this game as arcade action, it probably would have seen better reviews, but to try and convince people this is an RPG or Action RPG and then charge in full is pure thievery and deceit.
  20. Aug 4, 2014
    sacred and sacred 2 were cool action RPG games, but this game, is an insult to those (like me) that like the first two games, because is no more an action RPG, it´s an arcade game without inventory system. if you liked old sacred games don´t try this one.
  21. Aug 5, 2014
    It feels as if the developers don't even like to play games, period.. I am completely shocked at the "critics" giving them a score of 80 for this crap.. It's as if these guys (or girls) were given this game they call Sacred 3 along with flowers and crack. Or perhaps they just played the game blindfolded. Deep Silver's marketing clearly skates along the lines of fraud and just plain bad business practice. The next and only time I plan on buying/getting one of their games will be in a humble bundle and even then, will I be moving the donation slider clearly away from these money grubbing horses.

Don't buy this game, don't play this game... even if there's a gun pointing at your head.

So I hear/read the old devs, from Sacred 1/2 are working on a new game.. one that I believe is worthy of our time and money - http://www.unbended.zone/en/project/ check it out.
  22. Aug 4, 2014
    This game deserves a ZERO regardless of whether it makes use of the name, Sacred, to monetize. Because it is just an overpriced arcade game for mobile device with only 4 characters (5 if you get day 1 DLC, cough), 2 skills and 3 attack styles available for each stage. You will fight the same types of enemies again and again in stages with repetitive environment and scripted events.

loot, stat, equipment and character customization in a so-called ARPG? It doesn't have enough content and satisfactory quality to deserve a price tag of $50.

It is just a greedy attempt to sell a low quality game with an AAA title price, in the hope that players will fall into such trap, and buying the overpriced DLCs as well.
  23. Aug 4, 2014
    this is proberly the worst hack n slack this Century ever if this was a android game it would be bad only 5 skills no combos no gear farm just one big fail
  24. Aug 6, 2014
    FRANCHISE ABUSE!
    or
    How to make money in the gaming industry:
    1. Buy a franchise.
    2. Slap together a short crappy game and shove it out for preorders for $50 with misleading info about how this is the next game in the franchise.
    3. Profit from fans of the franchise who buy the game thinking they are getting what they pay for.
  25. Aug 5, 2014
    Nothing is SACRED anymore.. and these casual developers need to be taken out back and flogged with a rubber hose.......................................................................... FAIL
  26. Aug 4, 2014
    Sacred 2 killer ... and a whole lot of Sacred !!!!
    Give Sacred development studio CD Projekt RED!!
    Wretched management, poor plot ... please return the money publishers !!!
  27. Aug 5, 2014
    Blasphemy. Deep Silver took a good open world RPG franchise going great places and stunted it with this childish arcade game. Doesn't matter if the game is good or not (it's mediocre), get that name off this game.
  28. Aug 3, 2014
    looks like an arcade game, plays like an arcade game and has as much immersion and depth as an arcade game (and not in a good way).

it doesn't generally bode well for a game when only ten minutes in and i start to think i made a serious mistake buying it. leaving aside the comparisons to Sacred 1 and 2 even, as a stand-alone game, it doesn't have too much going for it. my opening-line
    comparing it to an arcade move and shoot pretty much sums up the entire game.

as the 3rd installment of the franchise, it was bitterly and terribly disappointing. Sacred 1 and 2 were buggy as hell but entertaining and fun in their own way with the many different builds/play-styles/customizations that were possible.

Sacred 3 takes away from everything that made Sacred 1 and 2 fun: there is zero to none customization and there are literally only four buttons (arcade/console anyone?) of import in the entire game. gone are all the rpg elements that made hack-and-slash and dungeon crawlers fun. an absence of any loot/gear in game also kills off a large reason why many play such games. the only things that pretty much drop are health/energy and gold ... (again, arcade anyone?)

if it was on sale for less than $10 it would have been an alright buy, but not as the 3rd installment of the Sacred franchise (and not for $49+). as a stand-alone casual click and shoot it would rate a 5 at best, as a supposed rpg (and 3rd installment of the franchise): a 1 would be generous
  29. Aug 5, 2014
    Sad title if you compare to Sacred 1 + 2. No more open world, no loot, no inventory, no maps, fixed arena style, bad graphics, irritating narration (as in *really* irrittating). Controls by keyboard does not work well or naturally and you have a fixed viewpoint with no zoom. You cannot do anything, not even ask for a refund..

Looking at the intros, the game looks good, but this is the
    only thing in high-res; the rest is much worse than Torchlight which you can get for a fraction and even get the claasic action RPG features at the same time.

If you like smashing the same monsters over and over again, and perhaps with friends, fine, otherwise: stay far far away from this one.

No thanks, I am oing back to Diablo 3. See you there.
  30. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is not sacred, is not sacred 2 (which i don't even like just i can tell it's not even that) it's a different game. Two reasons that tells you why i don't want to buy this garbage:
    1) It's not sacred
    2) It's not even a funny game! They just took the brand title and smashed it on the game box!
  31. Aug 5, 2014
    The same thing that happened to NWN only worse.. they used the name to get the fan base built on another game entirely to make sales.. this game isn't even deserving of being called a rpg.. if you want something like sacred of the past.. this isn't it.. its a travesty and slap in the face to the fans
  32. Aug 1, 2014
    Only thing why people hate this game is that it is so much different from old ones. People just cant handle it. I loved old ones and now i really love this one. It is different, but who carez ?!
  33. Aug 6, 2014
    Rename that thing....!!!!

And DONT delete my review again you stupid metacritic team!
  34. Aug 5, 2014
    NOT a rpg, its a fantasy double dragon or like the (2005) bard's tale. generic pos. One hour before I felt nerd rage. On the pc you'll need a Xbox controller. graphics are generic. special abilities are generic. I left wondering if blizzard fired ole' Jay Wilson and keen took him in. Its a console port to PC. How can you tell is theirs no video options to speak off no phys-x option
  35. Aug 6, 2014
    I do not really understand this massacre license by Deep Silver, if he wanted to make a beat-them-all he could do with new generic characters and rename the world a generic name, why make Sacred 3 by not respecting any aspect to the strength of this series?
  36. Aug 1, 2014
    I'm not sure why everybody is talking this game down so much. Just pretend it is not a "Sacred" game and you will have pretty much the same game as any God of War. Hack N Slash with linear level design and limited upgrade options and no loot within the levels. I understand people are pissed off because this game is nothing like Sacred 1 or 2, but from what I understand the game is not even made by the same studio. Besides that the game is fun for what it is and the idea of having the weapon spirits is pretty nice (yes the comments are getting annoying at some point). The game looks good and plays very fluid. There is definitely room for improvement but it is still a decent game. Expand
  37. Aug 5, 2014
    This is not deserving the title of "Sacred 3". Almost everything(like openworld) that was in Sacred 1 and 2 were taken out to make it a casual game.
    It definitely isn't worth the 50$ launch price.
  38. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is dumbed down to one brain cell. Bacteria will play it when it lay inside trashcan.
    Atari E.T. lay on dump for several years and some bacteria actually completed it.
    Sacred 3 have auto-loot. Character grab loot and wear best, before you even can see it dropped.
    Sacred 3 have three difficulty levels: light easy, normally easy and very easy
    Sacred 3 have many humor dialogs.
    These jokes repeat 100x so you may actually get them someday
    Sacred 3 Characters have many stats. Its all hidden stats to not confuse player during kill enemies.
    You must kill all enemies before proceed further. Because this one who survive may revenge you in future giving reason for part 4 and believe me you don't want this to happen
  39. Aug 7, 2014
    No loot system plus no open world says all. This game is an insult to the franchise.
    Deep Silver ruined this game, i never reviewed a game, but this game worth the registration on metacritic.
    If you liked sacred 1, and 2, diablo 1, 2, 3 Do NOT BUY this game, its a waste of money, even for a single dollar.
  40. Aug 7, 2014
    If you were looking an open world RPG look elsewhere. Sacred 3 has hardly any resemblance to Sacred and Sacred 2. I recommended this game to friends before it came out. Now I have to apologize to each one. Everything I enjoyed from the 2 originals are gone. This game should have been called something else. By itself its a fun hack and slash videogame. Cool moves but gets boring fast. Excellent graphics but not what I was expecting. The commentator is funny at first but turns annoying quickly. I was looking forward to exploring a new world but I guess I have to wait for another game. Expand
  41. Aug 5, 2014
    I liked the fluid gameplay and the graphics but everything else is c***.
    Levels are designed like arenas, defeat all enemies and you can move on.
    No looting and the weapons you do get are worse than the one you start with.
    Barley any character development and no customization.
    DLC BS, oh you want to access this area well pay up, oh you want this new shiny character pay up, oh you want
    this weapon spirit pay up, well F*** YOU.
    Asking money for such a lazy attempt at making an rpg game is just shameless. What a ripoff.
  42. Aug 5, 2014
    This is a great example of how a developer takes a successful franchise and destroys it.
    Why did they have to named Sacred 3?, this should have been a totally stand alone game. I can't think in any other reason to use the Sacred name on this game then to guarantied some sales from the Sacred 1 & 2 fans. It's a shame.
  43. Aug 2, 2014
    When you give Sacred 3 enough time you will find a brilliant action game that breathes new life into a rusty genre. After good 8 hours with the game I can assure you that it will be worth it!
  44. Aug 5, 2014
    Sacred solo como titulo, lo demas nadie sabe que tienes de sacred.Es aburrido, monotono, lineal mal optimizado.Como juego deja mucho que desear.

Nunca habia puesto un cero como nota, pero los señores que hicieron el juego deben saber que han cometido un gravisimo error. y espero que nunca mas vuelvan a tocar nada de la saga sacred
  45. Aug 6, 2014
    if u looking for arpg with loot system etc everything dont buy this crappy game , there diablo 3 , path of exile , grim dawn is good arpg dont spend ur money and time on this game
  46. Aug 7, 2014
    Very bad game, clearly not put any efffort into it. Insulting all of us gamers. This should not even exist, please do not make any more games like this and waste our time.
  47. Aug 1, 2014
    First of all guys - its not Sacred (1 or 2) at all, its another game. Yes, world is same as in previous 2 parts but its totally another gameplay, more like Diablo 3 or Dead Island Epidemic (lot of same thing but Sacred 3 is more replayable). Second of all - if you have this game PLEASE hang on in da first mission, bcoz its totally boring and you start to think about quit it b4 end, BUT...Just hang on, you will see anything after this mission ends.
    By first look i didnt find this game good, and for sure i was dissapointed as Sacred 2 fan, but i give it a chance to change my mind. And this game change it! Lets see what we gonna have here:
    I start game with Emo Assasin ^^ After first mission i research game skills and weapon stats and for my current progress (im in half way of completition of game) i REALLY ENJOY GAMEPLAY! This game (at least how it going now) is totally about farm - you find gold and upgrade your skills (magic, weapon stats, armor, weapon spirits
  48. Aug 4, 2014
    This game has definitely alienated its previous fans.This game replaced the open world structure of its predecessor with a linear gameplay .but is it bad ?? does it deserve 0 or 3 ? if you want a worst game search Ride to hell or Rambo the game.
    For you freshers,this is a Action-adventure hack-slash game with RPG like elements,not a complete RPG game as it has no open world,loot like you
    will find in other RPGs.
    In this game you choose from 5 heroes with its unique abilities and your mission is to save Arcania.
    Thats it....
    This game is offers new equipment,items,weapons,skills as you level up
    The look of this game is good if not great...
    the enemy A.I is pretty solid ,if would suggest you to play this on higher difficulty
    combat offers some strategy on higher difficulty as you are allowed to equip only two skills...so it offers your choice of mixing the skills to see how the payoff will be....
    voice acting is below average..and very repetitive.but it doesnt matter
    some of the humor is forced here but its not bad...
    overall....if you looking for a good action-adventure with some RPG elements try this as it has some replayability as you can start the whole game again with a new character
    if you want a good RPG game....this game is a waste of time for you.....
  49. Aug 2, 2014
    I dont know why people hate this game so much. Yes, its very different to Sacred 2. But to me, its a good thing. Great action game, deserved the time and money, its not the most unique, deep or long game, but its really fun and different. Devs could be more active on the forums, I mean, active at all. Its a game deserving 7 or 7.5 but with so many 0... Unfair 0s..I felt compelled to give it 10!

Just an advice, watch some youtube videos before you buy as it could be not you cup of tea. Also, shop for the better deal.
  50. Aug 2, 2014
    First couple of hours, this game is definetly different then it's predecessors. But in a good way in my opinion.

It focuses on action and hack'n slash rather than endless grinding. Mosr people will not like this idea, but I love it. I don't have as much time as I used to have, this game packs a punch in little amounts of time.

The voice overs are nicely done. The game has a good
    sense of humor. Graphics, physics and animations are slick and smooth.

There is another thing that might bother most people. This game is designed for consoles. Meaning it's better played with a controller. But I have one, I finished D3 on x360 so I had no problem getting used to controlls.

What I understand is this game is not open world. It's more like an action game where you go thru chapters rather than running all the time around. This might again upset a lot of people, but I don't mind the change. Hype of the action takes all the attention, I realised I don't want another running simulator.

I might update my review since I didn't finish the game yet. But for now my score is 7 out of 10. It's definetly a great game, but if you were expecting huge grinds, it seems you won't find it here. This game is more like an action game, rather than an rpg. An action-rpg wtith action side coming forward.
  51. Aug 3, 2014
    Most of the haters are fanboys of Sacred 1 and 2. This is a good game to play with friends or family. The gameplay is fun and the world is beautiful. I would definitely recommend getting this once the price drops.
  52. Aug 4, 2014
    This game is mediocre! I don't understand all the user reviews with 0s and 10s; This game is a decent ARPG with fun, gauntlet-style isometric gameplay, 4 heroes to choose from and a arcade-style progression system in which you can visit a store and upgrade your hero in-between levels. The game offers 2-player co-op which a friend and I tried out, and it actually made the game a lot more fun as we bumped up the difficulty and figured out ways to use our skills together in synergy to take down baddies. The voice acting, like in previous Sacred games, is horrid. Graphics are decent enough for a game made post-diablo 3, Divinity: Oirginal Sin, and all of these great isometric games that have been coming out recently. Like I said at the beginning of the review, this game isn't great, and I would wait until it goes on sale for less than $20; that said, it isn't horrible either. Expand
  53. Aug 9, 2014
    very bad game, not at all recommended, difficult with the keyboard control, you can not pick up objects from the floor, very bad game in all its aspects (please for removing deep silver games as well, thanks). I wish they could return the money, greetings.
  54. Aug 9, 2014
    If it was named like "Something" with some text - was created in Sacred world - it can be OK (not good, but lower then normal for witch i can pay 10$) but it was named "Sacred 3". It is not SACRED.
  55. Aug 12, 2014
    This is an absolutely horrible game, and I went in knowing it was a pure arcade hack-n-slash with no linkage whatsoever to the previous Sacred games. I'll spell it out concisely: no loot, no weapons, no RPG elements, no open world.

Now, onto the stuff I didn't know about. First, the voice acting is horrendous, and as one reviewer stated, you will "want to cut your ears off with a knife"
    after playing this game for an hour. Childish scripting, sexual innuendos (a threesome with an ogre?), pop culture references, toilet humor, and kindergarten-level jokes will have you looking for the volume button - there is no way to disable the voices in-game.

Worst of all, there is really no local multiplayer, which was a huge marketing factor. Sure, you can play more than one player local, but P2-P4 are "guests" and are simply fake characters auto-leveled to the first character. They can't be saved, they don't gain levels, no gold, and are just automatons that are used to fraudulently sell the game as local MP. I remember Dungeon Siege 3 pulling the same scam, which amounted them bolting on local MP in the exact same way, using P2-P4 a non-existent "guests".
  56. Aug 12, 2014
    Congratulation you destroyed another great hack & Slash series, No loot, no customization, no open world, just levels, Diablo 3 was already a disaster but congratulations you we're able to do worse and that only deserves 1 point. you couldn't even make attacks in the direction of the mouse! You really don't know nothing about hack & slash do you?
  57. Aug 13, 2014
    it turned out really bad, in its current shape its $5 tablet game type. Go watch gameplay before buying to see whats up if you expect sacred2 type of game you will be disappointed.
  58. Aug 12, 2014
    1. Closed World. In a series of Sacred has always been an open world, which, incidentally, is very interesting to explore. There is no ... not a drop of a corridor of interest. Corridors bored after the first five minutes of the game suffering.
    2. The lack of loot. The point is that we need to run a closed location with the boss at the end. In this fall gold spheres of health and mana.
    Everything. No steep guns, crushing broadswords and mega armor. Before the mileage of the next level for gold improve skills (which are very few), and standard armor. In this case, nothing changes on the character. The whole game we run a 3D figure.
    3. Inadequate story and dialogues / monologues. The main villain with his henchmen want to bend all, citing vague revenge. Nice try to stop him. All this was a seasoned suck jokes and phrases during the raid corridor.
    4. Curve port on the PC. Long time not seen such schlock. Three times in a row could not move beyond the start screen, throw out on your desktop. The fact that I, out of habit, press Esc to skip the prompts, the game also serves Esc out of the game from the start screen. Also disgusting control on the keyboard to the mouse.
    5. Graphics on the level of mobile games. A feeling that the game was developed as a competitor Dungeon Hunter for smartphones and tablets. Gameplay at the same level.
    6. Stupid appearance of the main characters. They all look like strippers with the manners of super heroes. And all this from the beginning to the end of the game is the same.
  59. Aug 11, 2014
    14$ lık oyunlar bile çok daha zevkli, sıradan bir oyun olmuş hiçbir artısı olmamakla birlikte olması gereken temel özelliklere bile sahip değil, indirime girdiğinde 5 dolara alabilirsiniz. Hem çok kısa hemde sıradan ve sınırlı karakter gelişimi var. 4 kişi mapin sonuna kadar kim daha çok puan alacak gibi bir sidik yarışı söz konusu. Ben yandım siz yanmayın. 5 dolardan fazla para etmez. Kısaca sik gibi bir oyun diğer sacredlarla hiç alakası yok. Yapanların amk. Expand
  60. Aug 14, 2014
    I payed $50 for a game it took me about 1 hour to get bored and tired of. The limited number of moves that seem to be the exact same on all the chars is terrible. The lack of an open world makes it boring.

Basically this is a crappy alley/lane brawler that you spam your attack button on .... with lame sexist jokes that arent even funny. Spend your money on something else.
  61. Sep 4, 2014
    Sacred 3 is not a real Sacred sequel. The open world, that is not open, but so linear and boring. When u take the story and theme and make a totally different game then Sacred 1 and 2, the gaming community is stunned. Action based game with a bits of rpg, that is so linear and so repetetive.
  62. Aug 15, 2014
    This is NOT sacred 3. If they renamed the game and lowered the price, it would even be a good game(for about 5-10 usd). As a part of the main sacred franchise: -It lacks loot -It lacks open world -it lacks everything a sacred game should have Not as part of the main sacred series: -It lacks skill choices -It lacks loot -It lacks combos -Awkward controls -Quite a few reported bugs(explanation as to why this is a problem below)

Now for the developer keen games:
    -No communication no word no news regarding this game since release
    -Rumours of abandonment, no patches or updates (as proof they removed everything concerning this game from their site)

As for Deep Silver:
    It might have been deep silver's attempt to make the game better, and decision to change the direction of this game, but this was clearly the wrong direction, as shown by the majority of the community and the low scores of the game both on steam and on other sites like this one.

The core elements should have remained the same, an open world, lots of loot, lots of skills to choose from, equipment upgrade, and immersive level ups. And should've made changes that complement these elements, not get rid of them altogether.

If this game was called sacred citadel 2 or sacred adventures or something like that with the price of 5-20 usd at most, it might have recieved better scores and reviews. However, they didn't do it, and it probably cost them a lot. Good job Deep silver and keen games, enjoy the angry mob and low user scores and reviews.
  63. Aug 6, 2014
    This Game takes a couple of steps back from the previous installment in the series but its not all bad. Firstly the game play is different from others in the series as it is not open world and there isn't really an equipment system. The game feels more like Gauntlet. Co-op in the game is fun. Environments are beautiful. Combat is fun. Game play is repetitive. Look at this game as an all new game series and not as another Sacred game. Expand
  64. Aug 17, 2014
    Bad, bad, bad. It is not even a PC game. Period. Do not try to set up your keyboard, it's just another action rpg, Even worse, it has no loot, no progression and a terrible interface. Why did they use the name "sacred"? I cannot believed someone could like this one.
  65. Aug 5, 2014
    I was looking forward to this game on the 360. The Sacred games have never been that great, but they have always offered an interesting level of play-ability and a striped down RPG/APRG framework. But what the heck happened here? They have stripped down this thing to its bones, maybe even more. The 'loot' system, a HUGE part of these games, is GONE! The excitement of finding a chest is gone, for way, health globes? Jeez. The 'levels' are just that, arcade levels. the only good thing I can say is that honestly it looks great, but there is no heart here and there is no soul. This thing is a walking corps. Expand
  66. Aug 13, 2014
    Isometric Devil May Cry, fast paced button smashing "rpg". Obviously made for consoles and looks like it's ported to PC simply to increase sales. If you are looking at consoles only it's not bad but for PC this is insulting
  67. Aug 13, 2014
    Enjoyable as a free time-killer with some friends. But to ask €50,- AND require people to buy a day-one DLC with the (probably) coolest character in the game, it just an insult to both gamers and the industry. It truly is hard to say a good thing about the game when you see the price, but the graphics are kinda nice.
  68. Aug 13, 2014
    Ok, I see alot of people complaining why people don't like it. That it isn't Sacred 1 or 2 and it's good that it changed so drastically. Let me ask you, would you feel the same if they too the Fallout franchise and did the same thing? I think not. What about Elder Scrolls? Sacred has, or more precise had, a basic formula that many people enjoyed and like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, expected. Here are the two biggest issues for me about this game:
    1) It should never have been called Sacred 3 and it is no secret why they did it. If it was named something more along the lines of 'Sacred Citadel', that would have been more acceptable.
    2) The voice script is HORRIBLE. Maybe if I was 10 I would enjoy it, ....maybe. This alone makes this game just about unplayable.

I also saw that some of you say that we should have watched the gameplay trailer before we bought it. Well, the I did, and the gameplay trailer really didn't show the specifics at all. It could easily be looked at as still an open world game.

This game should not have the Sacred name, it should have been a download and should not have been 40 to 50 bucks.
  69. Aug 14, 2014
    Its not a Sacred 3 - its a **** 3. Divinity Origin Sin better 1000 times. Sacred - это серия игр с открытым миром, множеством эпичных цепочек, грамотным и многополосным развитием персонажа, неимоверным количеством вещей, а что мы видим тут? "Открытый мир", "rpg", "множество долгожданных заданий", "Графика", "огромное количество вещей", за что я отдал деньги? Как за что?! За однокнопочный файтинг с закрытым миром без каких-либо элементов рпг. Вот тебе локация за твои 899 рублей, бери в руку своего персонажа которого ты ни как приодеть толком не можешь, иди и тыкай одну кнопку. ПОТРАЧЕНО. Expand
  70. Aug 18, 2014
    I thought to ignore the fact that this is NOT a sacred game and give it a chance for what it is... even though there's no loot/exploring, the company that made it has erased every trace of it from their website etc etc... and well the graphics/attacks looked cool so....
    the dialogues are ridiculously obnoxious, every time they opened their mouths i was like "wtf really"? and i was
    wondering if there's a setting to turn them off.
    the gameplay is boring and over simplified, i don't see how anyone would play this for more than an hour.
    another series gone downhill....sigh
  71. Aug 31, 2014
    This is pure **** it's NOT a sacred game, they simply called it Sacred 3 and didn't release gameplay footage to get pre-orders.

They knew it was **** this is nothing but milking Sacred.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy this if you expect a Sacred game.
    If you don't mind playing an action RPG with no loot system, no open world and very very very few skills, then go ahead, waste your money.
  72. Aug 15, 2014
    This is NOT a "Sacred" game. This is NOT Sacred 3, even though it's called that.

What it is, is a bland imitation of Diablo, or Torchlight, or Van Helsing, or Titan Quest.

It is not open world, it's totally linear - just fighting through corridors the whole way. Calling this Sacred borders on fraud. It's ok, but you've seen it all before; endless brain dead fighting against never
    ending hordes of enemies. Some of it is downright stupid, as if designed by an idiot: For example, some enemies have "shields"; they are invulnerable unless you break their shield. To fight them, you press a key - and their shields instantly break (Literally; It happens with one keypress) and then you can kill them. Why the hell would anyone carry a shield into battle then? What kind of idiot would think this makes a fun, interesting or challenging fighting system? Note to Deep Silver: Fire whoever designed the fighting system. Keep whoever did the graphics. Fire whoever pushed for the closed world system - instead of an interesting game where I choose what to do, we got a piece of **** that tells me where to go and what to do.

In it's own right, as an action VERY lite RPG clone, it's a niceish-looking meh-playing 5 or 6 out of 10.

But as "Sacred 3" this is a 2.
  73. aad
    Aug 13, 2014
    This game is fun for parties or quick co-op. It might have made for a good arcade game. But if you're looking to sit down by yourself and immerse into another world I would stay very far away.

I won't touch on too many of the little details because honestly every part of the game missed something or could be improved on. There's just too many technical issues the devs skipped out on.

But I will say one of the main reasons I got turned off from this game is the voice overs and dialog. The voice actors themselves were fine. But the story and banter between characters reminded me of those campy 90's cartoons. It honestly felt like the game was catered toward 9 year olds, every cutscene the game force-fed you some nonsensical and obvious joke.
  74. Aug 6, 2014
    First of all, Sacred 3 is no longer a Diablo clone. They have gone with more of a Gauntlet clone now. If everyone can get over their closed mindedness of that, start looking at it as if it is more of just a hack-n-slash now. It's not bad. It has some visual issues and the people that constantly talk during the levels can get annoying. Besides that, it is actually a lot of fun to play! The levels are set up nicely and the boss battles, while simple once you figure out their patterns, are pretty cool and thought out. Give it a chance as a Gauntlet clone before dismissing it. Expand
  75. Aug 29, 2014
    This game deserve a score of around 6, but since user reviewers are so stupid I'll compensate.

No, this game is NOT a sequel to Sacred 1/2. It doesn't have free roaming, doesn't have inventory, doesn't have a complex leveling system and doesn't have any questing. It's a different game genre altogether.

On the other hand, the game is quite good. Graphics are nice, everything is super
    smooth, I haven't seen any bugs. The combat gameplay is very good and satisfying. Boss battles are nice. There's enough different attacks pattern not to be bored.

This is a game made to play using a gamepad and not keyboard/mouse combo like previous games.

Is it also the best game released lately for LOCAL COOP. You can play with a friend as a brainless hack and slashing monsters and it's quite fun. Something that can't really happen in more complex games like the previous titles.

One negative aspect are the dialogs. I never heard such bad sentence in a game. As if everything say was written by 12 year old girls.
  76. Sep 18, 2014
    Deep Silver, WTF were you guys thinking? You took a good solid IP and drove it right into the ground. There is a lesson here if you are paying attention.
  77. Aug 19, 2014
    This is not a game that dedicated Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 fans will enjoy. The game is a very watered down version of an ARPG. The voice acting is also very irritating. The developers attempted to insert humor into the game at very random parts of the game and it detracts from the overall plot. To be fair the voice acting for the Sacred series has never been amazing but Sacred 3 takes the cake for having annoying and distracting dialogue.

Now for the main course of what the game really is...

The graphics are mediocre at best. The only settings you get are, Resolution, Vertical sync, textures, and Full screen / windowed mode.

The sounds are decent and if you are using surround sound you'll hear every slash, grunt, explosion, and skill noise this game has to offer but it does very little to make you excited and want to continue playing.

Gameplay is fast paced but gives very little incentive to progress. There is no itemization or customization for your character. No loot is dropped, instead you receive health orbs, gold (used to upgrade) and skill use orbs. Monsters are plentiful but again with no incentive for making you any stronger other than leveling up, the game gets stale very quickly.

The developers should have ditched the isometric view in favor of a third person point of view in the style of DMC which would have possibly helped this game a lot.

In my opinion this game feels more like a Senior project made by a group of novice programmers and artist more so than a AAA studio... In the end there are plenty of other ARPGs to fill the gap until this series can get back on track and I'd say this game is worth a torrent or borrowing your friend's steam account for a night or two at best. Game is not worth the fifty dollar price tag it requires.
  78. Aim
    Sep 10, 2014
    For The Love of God stay away from this game. I've never seen such a bunch of generic leveldesign and awkward jokes. The Gamplay can be described in a few words : click on mob, click on the floor -> win.
    This isn't Sacred, this isn't even a game...
  79. Aug 13, 2014
    Don't waste your time reading "not Sacred" reviews, those just doesn't matter The game is a bit good. Graphics are OK, it's easy to play, and really feels like it should be played with more people The cutscenes are pretty good, and the whole game is filled with humor - though that can get tedious sometimes On the other hand, the combat doesn't get more interesting. You unlock a couple of new skills, but you still end up using standard attack a lot more. There's no customization either, which makes me sad

It's not bad, but overpriced. Wait for a sale and buy it
  80. Sep 3, 2014
    An absolute disaster. From Sacred 1 degraded to Sacred 2 which is then degraded again to what is now presented as "Sacred 3". No loot system, button mashing 24/7, terrible dialogue, voice acting is a big slap in the face, wouldn't even call this Sacred 3.

I bet anyone giving a rating greater than 0 is god damn generous.
  81. Aug 25, 2014
    Huge disappointment. Could be better. Could be worse. 0/10 is way too low. It's waste of money. It's waste of time if you play 32 hours per day. Don't buy it. Ride to Hell is still little bit worse. The settings are.... Game testers are.... No comment.
  82. Sep 2, 2014
    I almost let my loyalty cloud my judgement, and im glad I didnt, this is the worse thing that could have come out. Deep Silver should be ashamed of themselves! Sacred 2 Came out 8 Years ago and the graphics are better and its gameplay blows this out of the water!
  83. Sep 1, 2014
    A pile of s***. This just shows again how corrupt the critics are. 58? This deserves a 10 AT BEST! Always listen to user scores, as it appears to much more accurate. Critics are either too easily impressed, or simply too stupid and naive to realize the mechanics of a decent game.
  84. Aug 6, 2014
    The legacy of sacred has been a rocky one to say the least. Sacred 1 and 2 were almost critically panned by critics and fans alike aside from a few cult followers. Keeping that in mind Deep Silver seems to have decided to move in a new direction, and in my opinion is was a great move.

The core gameplay of sacred 3 is a traditional style hack 'n' slash game much in vein of the old
    gauntlet games such as Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows. Players will move from the start to the end of a linear map with secrets hidden along the path. The combat is fast and fluid allowing for combos and special moves to seamlessly flow together into a barrage of attacks that always feel impressive and powerful.

The upgrade system of the game has been streamlined, doing away with the randomly generated loot and skill trees in way of each character having a select few special moves, weapons, and equipment that all feel more meaningful and unique than most dungeon crawlers. Progressing through stages will grant you equipment and battle spirits much in the style of an unlock system. These items in a way can be farmed to find more powerful versions of the item or spirit making the handful of them per character feel deeper than they do at a glance. This mechanic alone allows for replay ability that encourages multiple playthroughs of stages to find more powerful gear and spirits for yourself and allies to utilize. All of the weapons, armors, spirits, skills, and abilities all feature an upgrade path that can be utilized by gaining gold and the appropriate level to progress.

I found that the local multiplayer handled like a dream allowing two players to work together to handle the more challenging sections of the game with greater ease. The gold and unlocks were shared among both players aside from the aforementioned battle spirits which each player had to gain independently.

As far as challenge the game felt for the most part balanced. Enemies were slightly predictable, and at no real point did I get the same rush of danger that is felt from more difficult games. But at the same time I never felt like the game was just handing me victories.

At the end of the day I feel this game is a worthy entry into the hack 'n' slash genre, bringing 4 (5 with DLC) very unique characters into the fray with style and grace. The unlock and upgrade system may be a bit shallow, but in that way much more refined. I see myself visiting the world of sacred 3 alone and with friends for some time to come.
  85. Aug 14, 2014
    Just being realistic. It's not the worst game out there and giving it a 0 is just ridiculous. It's an oke game. It's just a whole other kind of game or what you might have been expecting. Can it be fun? yes, yes it certainly can. The thing is that people are looking for a certain thing when they see the name SACRED. You could certainly call it misleading. But then again i don't think the game is good enough to actually move mountains on it's own as a new license. Understandable move for the company. But i'm just speculating here. It could very well be they just wanted something new for a wider range of people. Cutting of the fans and with the game not being the best just leaves you disappointed. Expand
  86. Sep 10, 2014
    I cannot understand why they called "Sacred" a game that clearly is not. If is to sell more copies to people who expected the continuation of the saga, is an unworthy scam, also some people in 'defense' said "is not a Sacred game but is a good casual game" but even seeing in that 'twisted' way it is NOT good, in fact is a bad casual game, repetitive, with constant shameful jokes and even the graphics are worse than Sacred 2!

But there is hope! The ex-Ascaron team is now developing Unbended with all the high standards of the Sacred saga (big open world, unlimited loot, endless sidequests, deep character management, etc). Stay tuned for news in their webpage.
  87. Sep 3, 2014
    As regular readers will know I am prone to being rather critical of the foibles of the average filth that corrupts our computers. However this is a work of art which is so masterfully put together and so well crafted that I hesitate to even call it a game, as it is more of a life experience. To be frank I feel that a lot of the negative reviews here come from a position of mere ignorance, as the average mindless consumer is not able to fully comprehend the intricacies and depth of this masterpiece. As a games designer, with an IQ of 160 I feel that to be frank I am uniquely qualified to put forth an objective opinion. To even attempt to describe the bliss that it is to play this game would be frankly impossible. Suffice to say the game play is entirely immersive and the the story allows you to experience a full universe in which you feel as if you are merely one part of the intricate machinery of life. Expand
  88. Sep 10, 2014
    SImply put it, I won't rub the salt into the wounds any further, but, yea people should read their descriptions as a warning sign in their preorder site. Again, as many PC gaming enthusiast has predicted the game would be a huge flop as the previous owners of the went bankrupt and the licence fell into the hands of some small budget PC gaming company that relied on scamming people with such tactics.

I really like people to understand what it means to buy into these kind of preorder hypes, it's really hurting our really scarce arpg genre with even more scams. This business owners have no remorse in destroying the memories of fans, stop supporting them. Support companies like GGG or Crate Entertainment.

1. Sep 14, 2014
    Deeply disappointing in just about every way. [Issue#253, p.70]
  2. Sep 14, 2014
    Behind the name, there's solid hack and slash with some decent enemies. But Sacred? Not to anyone, it seems. [Oct 2014, p.94]
  3. Sep 5, 2014
    Sacred 3 is a straight-forward and unambitious hack'n'slash game. The worst thing about it is that the storyline is bloody awful. [Sept 2014]