Sacred Citadel PC

5.4

1. Apr 19, 2013
    Played through the game with my brother and we had a blast, definitely was more fun co-op than single player. Definitely worth it if ya liked the Golden Axe or Final Fight games.
  2. Apr 18, 2013
    This game can be fun if you have X360 controller, keyboard controls for this game are broken, combat is boring, combo is not fun at all

the game looks like castle crashers with 3D graphic, but seriously.. Castle crashers did better than this.

playing this game alone is boring as hell, invite your friend to play coop is slightly better
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is really interesting, diverse and fun. I love the gameplay, story, and the easy controls. Definitely a must buy! I love the fact how everyone finally has a sword including the magicians and mages. All of the characters are awesome and It is hard for me to choose a favorite.
  4. Apr 18, 2013
    As a kid I used to play games as Double Dragon on the Game Boy. For some reason this game reminds me of those sort of games.

Sacred Citadel brings such a beat em up with simple combo's, action RPG elements such as loot (gold/weapons/armor/potions/food for health), leveling up, potions and temporary for example +6 attack, +6 defense adding christals. The game has a bit of comic book like look to it and the humor is similair to that of Overlord. The game is divided in 4 acts with each about 5 levels and keeps up a score resulting in bronze or silver or gold (there are leaderboards). You play as a warrior or ranger or seraphim mage or shaman. The basic attack is dual weapons and special/power attacks depends on which class you chose. You mostly roll away to evade attacks forwards or backwards or up or down. I did not experience problems due to lag as some mention. You have to be a bit tactical defeating the foes because either there a lot of them and/or your battling a level boss. The flying attack is used to knockdown flying opponents. You can play this game co op with max 3 players.

If you don't mind some button bashing and simple combo's. If you like the idea of a beat em up combined with action RPG elements wrapped up in bit of comic book like graphics and Overlord humor.
    Then I would consider buying this game or play at least the demo available on the official website. This game costs 15,- and your expections should be according the price tag.
  5. Apr 22, 2013
    Folks I would first like to point out the price of this game. Roughly about 15 dollars. Next Look at the type, it is a side-scrolling brawler. For the price and getting a few friends together you cannot go wrong with this. Four classes with 4 acts with DLC coming to improve the game. Is it a time waster, as much as probably Diablo 2 was. It was enjoyable something better came out you movedFolks I would first like to point out the price of this game. Roughly about 15 dollars. Next Look at the type, it is a side-scrolling brawler. For the price and getting a few friends together you cannot go wrong with this. Four classes with 4 acts with DLC coming to improve the game. Is it a time waster, as much as probably Diablo 2 was. It was enjoyable something better came out you moved on. But you remember it brought you joy for the 8 hours it took to beat the screaming over skype that you need your shaman friend to save their heal.

Combat is repetitive, but it is a SIDE SCROLLING BRAWLER, they have done wonders with what they had to work with. All classes are duel wielding which is kind of strange but it works when you need it to. Bosses are sometimes too challenging and sometimes not challenging enough. But this is always fun as long as you don't just sit there pressing 1 button and forward.

Remember those days of imaginative combos and refuse to spam the one effective combo because you know that would be boring. If your goal is always to beat a game the fastest way possible then go right ahead but if you would like to PLAY then enjoy.

1. Jul 2, 2013
    A pale imitation of Castle Crashers with an empty multiplayer lobby.
  2. May 14, 2013
    Fine for an hour at a time, but shouldn’t be treated as anything other than a lower alternative to better games doing the same thing.
  3. CD-Action
    May 13, 2013
    The game is pleasant to look at but quickly became tedious and repetitive (even though it’s short – took me less than 4 hours to complete). There’s no challenge in it either – the enemies grow stronger, but the hero does that faster due to the character development system and new weapons. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.64]