Sacred PC

7.9

1. Dec 1, 2014
    After the disappointment of Sacred 3 and the great experience that was Sacred 2, I noticed that people talked fondly about Sacred 1 and I gave it a chance. First graphical impression was similar as Sacred 2 and incredibly best than Sacred 3, I couldn't stop from playing anymore that huge world full of cities, people, creatures and unlimited quests. Now is one of my favorites along with Sacred 2.
  2. Aug 17, 2014
    Talk about classic. For some of us, Sacred equals to Diablo. Yeah, I'm willing to admit it's flaws like the bugs, the comical approach of some parts that make it not serious, but they do not appear too often, most of the bugs didn't pop up in my experience and the funny stuff like Jason's machete and hockey mask are in location that do not afect the storyline, it's all a bunch of optionalTalk about classic. For some of us, Sacred equals to Diablo. Yeah, I'm willing to admit it's flaws like the bugs, the comical approach of some parts that make it not serious, but they do not appear too often, most of the bugs didn't pop up in my experience and the funny stuff like Jason's machete and hockey mask are in location that do not afect the storyline, it's all a bunch of optional easter eggs, like the cave that resembles Pacman. Of course some characters were flat out uninteresting, but they were classic and with enough backstory to make them iconic: the Gladiator is a badass that gets beatrayed by it's master, the Dark Elf betrays it's race by being a good guy, the Mage has it's own master, the Dwarf accidentaly breaks into a forest with his hellicopter, the Wood Elf helps the Dark Elf escape form his race, the Seraphim is kinda... there with the preachy stuff while she's showing everybody her goodies, and the Vampiress wakes up like every normal vampire, but with a desire to travel and explore. Oh, and the Succubuss... She comes from Hell through a Graveyard and explores the world. Sacred equals classic in all levels. Expand
  3. Jun 20, 2015
    Sacred was one of the first role-playing games, perhaps the first, which I played in the early years when I fell in the videoludic art. I bought it without even knowing what was a role-playing game and that was why I was hit by Sacred: for the surprise effect. Simply I had never played anything like it before.

Despite the fantasy genre was still new to me, I liked Sacred especially

Despite the fantasy genre was still new to me, I liked Sacred especially thanks to the plot, the story was interesting and caught me right away, even the main characters were very nice and the more I went on with the events, the more I liked knowing where the adventure would bring me. The universe created in Sacred is coherent, beautiful, varied and interesting.

The gameplay of Sacred was up to the task: a choice between 6 different "heroes" as the protagonist, a brilliant management skills of the character, a varied use of magical powers and weapons, a simple and intuitive method to allow the character to evolve through the cumulative experience in the fighting, and good organization in the inventory system and the purchase/sale system. The method to upgrade the weapons and armor was well done, and could be used rings, amulets or magical runes to make items more powerful. The use of magic was fun, and could be created different combos to use more powers in quick succession. The secondary quests are hundreds, and bring you to push you from side to side of the map. The map in fact is really huge, a remarkable accomplishment, so much that there are magical portals scattered throughout the world that help to move faster; alternatively you can move on foot or horseback. Deserts, mountains, grasslands, dark areas, islands, dungeons, caverns and much more waiting to be explored. With all that, Sacred kept me busy for years to say the least, and I must admit that without it I would not have received the necessary thrust to devote to other role-playing games like Fallout and The Elder Scrolls.

The technical sector of Sacred was not excelled, however spite was a game with isometric graphics was really well made and some landscapes were really beautiful such as deserts, lakes, grasslands or mountains. The soundtrack was very beautiful and apt according to the places or situations that presented themselves.

Sacred is a game that reflects the true meaning of a fantasy role-playing game. One of the best ever, especially on PC. However you have to know how to love Sacred, and it can not be played like any other game.
  4. Oct 21, 2015
    Sacred is an amazing RPG game and i think that its truly underrated.
    It has awesome quests and some interesting characters.
    I finished the game twice and i truly happy that i did.
    I think that Sacred equals to Diablo 2 and to be honest i think that Sacred was better than Diablo 2, but that´s my personal taste.
  5. Aug 5, 2016
    Sacred is the first fantasy-RPG games that i played and it was fantastic. I finished it many times and i recommend it to everyone who's starting they're adventure with RPG games
  6. Dec 10, 2013
    Sacred was the first game to introduce me to the Hack n Slash genre. That's right, I never played Diablo at the time even though I'm old enough to should have been doing that back then. But somehow I skipped it and it was this game that taught me what I was missing out on, and then some. Highly addictive gameplay, appealing graphics (there is something about the grittiness of Sacred 1 thatSacred was the first game to introduce me to the Hack n Slash genre. That's right, I never played Diablo at the time even though I'm old enough to should have been doing that back then. But somehow I skipped it and it was this game that taught me what I was missing out on, and then some. Highly addictive gameplay, appealing graphics (there is something about the grittiness of Sacred 1 that I really prefer to its smoothed out successor), badly voiced but fun characters. It's a game that doesn't take itself too seriously but at the same time may provide some challenge, especially early on if you want to advance too far too soon.

The skill progression is simple yet diverse. The difference in skills and weapon use are well implemented; each character does feel unique. After finishing the main Ancaria campaign (which took ages since I felt I had to explore every inch of the map) I must admit I didn't have much interest left to complete the Underworld campaign (Gold edition add-on). To me it didn't feel as a real part of the game, both storywise and mapwise. But I do love the two extra characters, they are both my favorites to use. The demon's spells are interesting to play around with (more then just your common fire ball, you'll need the battle mage for that kind of work) and the dwarfs cannon gun and use of mines is quite satisfying.

I like both Sacred and Sacred 2, but this is the game that will remain somewhat special to me. Even though by now I do understand what Diablo (1 & 2) is all about. So yes, of course I would recommend this game, play it!
  7. Jun 25, 2011
    Excellent Diablo-esque game. While the areas are not randomly generated, the world is huge and you are free to explore. The music and sound effects are standout, and the graphics are beautiful, although it is limited to 1024x768. It's also one of the few games that gets crafting/modding items right. It's easy, and it actually results in items better than what are laying around or for sale.Excellent Diablo-esque game. While the areas are not randomly generated, the world is huge and you are free to explore. The music and sound effects are standout, and the graphics are beautiful, although it is limited to 1024x768. It's also one of the few games that gets crafting/modding items right. It's easy, and it actually results in items better than what are laying around or for sale. The classes are cool, too. Overall, probably my favorite Diablo-style rpg. (note: the game was buggy when released, resulting in poor review scores. The current build is excellent, though, and they even added a lot of extra content. I suggest the GoG version, as it has no DRM) Expand
  8. May 2, 2012
    I enjoyed this game very much. It has some minor issues that other like games have, such as not being able to choose the sex of the class but those are cosmetic. Great storyline and fun quests. It never hurts to be able to trample the bad guys with your horse either.
  9. Nov 24, 2010
    I LOVED IT, it was on it's time one of the best games RPG I've played, excellent quest I even restarted the game a couple of times. The internet part is very good aswell and the game is really good
  10. Jun 30, 2014
    The only rpg with this style of hack n slash that didnt get me bored...im waiting for sacred 3 to test i havent played sacred 2 tho but when i was younger i played this one.Dont start it nowadays no reason to...Its an old game that has passed unlike other games like Morrowind that are must to play anytime.
  11. Marshall
    Apr 8, 2004
    Just got done with this game and wow... I'd like to see another RPG on par with this one soon.
  12. MarcR.
    Jun 4, 2004
    This game may be a Diablo like, but it kicks ass. Special features such as Combos, horses, and auto- adjustment of enemies toughness gives you a darn good challenge.
  13. NikolaL.
    Sep 2, 2004
    I like it, but there are some minor faults that could be easily fixed.
  14. TravisH.
    Oct 4, 2004
    Awesome reamped diabloII game with horses.
  15. EricT.
    Feb 25, 2004
    I tried the demo and im a diablo fan and this one could be something very close to it.
  16. MikeN.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Sweet Game. Or maybe.. Saaaawweeeeet! ANEWAYs, the gameplay is terrific and the entire feature is very likeable to Divine Divinity, which was also a smokin rpg. My g/f and I play it lots, plus the mutliplayer function gives the game an extra dynamic, enabling us to play quests together. Very Nice.
  17. Dec 4, 2016
    Classic, is a clasic RPG amazing game, amazing history and amazing time invested!! Sacred is a jewel for game industry! I love all, visual, history, UX. AWSOME!

1. Sacred sets out to be little more than you’re typical hack and slash feast but with gorgeous graphics and a storyline/sound effects to match, but why shouldn’t we all devour it anyway?
  2. AceGamez
    Fun, addictive and quite compelling, although the repetitive nature of the gameplay does it no favours and certainly won't win over those who require something a little deeper and more meaningful. The game at least captures some of the spirit of "Diablo."
  3. I was addicted again for days to the Plus version despite playing the original over half a year ago. The thing with Sacred is despite all its flaws it keeps you coming back for more and that for me is the sign of a quality RPG.