8.8

Feb 3, 2005
    The last truly innovative game I have played. An all-time favorite with great production values and gameplay.
  2. DarkfallW.
    Aug 20, 2009
    A True Classic. They don't make games like this anymore, and it's a true shame. This game is challenging and addictive, worth at least five playthroughs in single player mode and providing skirmish type maps in multi-player mode. Unfortunately the Internet Server is down for good, but you can still match up against the computer and enjoy a good skirmish in Multi-Player mode. For A True Classic. They don't make games like this anymore, and it's a true shame. This game is challenging and addictive, worth at least five playthroughs in single player mode and providing skirmish type maps in multi-player mode. Unfortunately the Internet Server is down for good, but you can still match up against the computer and enjoy a good skirmish in Multi-Player mode. For only eight dollars on steam you have got to give this game a try. Expand
  3. StevenS.
    Mar 2, 2003
    I really enjoy the level editor, because you're free to use all characters and graphics... Only it was hard to find the right triggers, but I figured it all out...
  4. Caz
    Sep 10, 2002
    It is the best game i know.
  5. Unemployed
    Nov 23, 2002
    Been playing this game since it came out. It's almost 2003, and this game still rocks. I didn't realize how little justice my old PIII was doing for it. Now I have a high-end AMD system, and this thing almost takes my breath away. Granted if you're, a moaner, yes, you can see the tiles, but the detail is still incredible.
  6. DestructiviusWicked-Lazyguy
    Mar 25, 2004
    Innovation Humor Fantasy a lovely Campaign and the greatest Multiplayerfun i ever had makes me to be a Sacoholic.
  7. Bpy6
    Jul 25, 2009
    A true classic from golden era of gaming. Challenging, epic, entertaining, innovative, I doubt we'll ever get such original games from today when casual gaming rules the industry. And more to that, Protagonist has voice of Roy Campbell from MGS, which makes if rather fun to play sometimes.
  8. JamesP.
    Aug 24, 2009
    An Incredible game. The graphics are still increadible, the gameplay is addictive, there has not been a game made to date that matches the sheer depth of this game. 650MB is all it took Shiney to create something totally increadible. This game is one of the long lost treasures of gaming, I encourage anyone to try it and everyone to buy it. This game should have been developed now, 2009, An Incredible game. The graphics are still increadible, the gameplay is addictive, there has not been a game made to date that matches the sheer depth of this game. 650MB is all it took Shiney to create something totally increadible. This game is one of the long lost treasures of gaming, I encourage anyone to try it and everyone to buy it. This game should have been developed now, 2009, not in 2000. People weren't ready for this thing in 2000 it did too much and said too much and played too well. This is one of the most innovative user friendly and addicting game I've ever known. It's on steam for $12, 9EUR or £6, please buy it. Expand
  9. May 14, 2011
    A very much underdog game it got passed up by a lot of others and that truly saddened me, this game has a mix of RTS and a magical FPS system too it, you're down in the fight and controlling the units is surprisingly easy for not being above the action. The game is charmingly funny and while the story is not the most engaging thing in the world it is quite fun to play through many timesA very much underdog game it got passed up by a lot of others and that truly saddened me, this game has a mix of RTS and a magical FPS system too it, you're down in the fight and controlling the units is surprisingly easy for not being above the action. The game is charmingly funny and while the story is not the most engaging thing in the world it is quite fun to play through many times over for the branching and changed story lines. Many different endings phenomenal voice acting (including Tim Curry) It is quirky fun and an overall enjoyable game and is in fact one of my favorites of all time. Expand
  10. Sep 11, 2013
    I play a lot of game, but Sacrifice is my number one. A fantastic story, beatiful music and great gameplay. In addition you have a chance to serve for god which you choose. That`s fantastic.
  11. Aug 6, 2014
    Truly unique strategy game with it's alternative approach, beautiful visuals, amazing soundtrack, different gods and excellent story and voice acting. 9/10
  12. Apr 30, 2014
    A lot of things could be said about this overlooked gem of a game, here are some of them:
    Innovative, imaginative, fun, funny, weird, engaging... I could go on and on.
    There are no bad sides to this game that I could think of.
    Pick it up and have some fun.
  13. Sep 3, 2013
    This long winded VA circle jerk of a game hardly bares any revolutionary gameplay. The irony that such a title barely made a dent in the industry- being to coin a phrase: "unique when compared to its superiors only in terms of art design." Its not a good way to start off when your title starts at the end with whats-their-face Protoss campaign narrator prattling on about some overly longThis long winded VA circle jerk of a game hardly bares any revolutionary gameplay. The irony that such a title barely made a dent in the industry- being to coin a phrase: "unique when compared to its superiors only in terms of art design." Its not a good way to start off when your title starts at the end with whats-their-face Protoss campaign narrator prattling on about some overly long and boring mystery plot. The core gameplay is incredibly simple to explain to even a 5 year old. That doesn't mean its actually fun though, just piss easy to explain how it works to others. That in itself would prove challenging as nobody has really even heard about the game or played it. It would also appear that the ten people have played such a game are probably talking about incredibly rich the lore and character designs are even when people have made legitimate arguments that the gameplay is pretty boring. These people were snubbed by such "normal" fun games as *insert any Command & Conquer title here. The very fact that this kinda of gameplay never caught on within the genre is a clear sign that A. the development team put far too much work into something and then steered the focus away from the Adventure game they were planning to release it as and B. The people that talk like this game is the "bees knees" are absolute wankers who have no business playing games or commenting on them.

PRO's
    Good models, environments and lighting for the time of its release
    Good atmospheric soundtrack
    EAX support

CON's
    Terrible fans that have never gotten over the fact that the game sold like a box of chocolate covered turds
    "wacky" character designs- Surprised Tim Burton didn't self-insert himself anywhere in the production
    Terrible user interface, looks like World of Warcraft, which isn't a compliment to WOW, but one has a lot
    more going on than the other
    Boring dialogue sequences
    Simple "Real time strategy" combat- you can swarm every other group with a bigger one and win.
    Unclear tutorials on some missions as to what you need to actually do
    Story could have used some editing and had far too much focus when compared to the generic gameplay
    No modern hardware support
    No support for Multi-core processors
    No support for Windows XP, Windows 7 and 8
    Takes its rightful place alongside other such failures that never garnered much attention i.e. Homeworld 2, Battlezone II (which had ten times the better user interface than Sacrifice), Battle Realms, Earth 2150, and Dark Reign 2.
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    An excellent game with lots of innovative ideas. Great story, and a very nice touch with reloading "this is not what actually happened". The artwork was amazing for the time. Really one of the best games ever, and surely one of the best in the RTS genre.
  15. AnonymousMC
    Oct 9, 2009
    Pain in the a$$ to play. Hard to figure out what's going on. The game itself is impressive and the graphics are nice, but the implementation and controls can leave you befuddled and frustrated. I never want to hear the words "your creatures are dying" ever again.
  16. Mar 24, 2015
    This is one of the old games i played together with "Clive barkers" undying.

And again is a monolith and one of the few hybrid RTSRPG games that really work. The story is fantasy with a bit of a twist. Think Discworld kind of absurd humor, but with serious tone. The story in itself dont sound so great , its basicly a mage that made a deal with a demon to "destroy his enemies" that
    This is one of the old games i played together with "Clive barkers" undying.

The story in itself dont sound so great , its basicly a mage that made a deal with a demon to "destroy his enemies" that kind of destroyed that world, and now follows the mage over different planes wrecking havoc.

But the gameplay! its immersing and clever! You steer your mage on the battlefield commanding dragons and druids , combined with excellent graphics for its days, and a soundtrack that still blows me out the window, it makes a battle , feel like a titanic clash !

The Soul Gathering system is also fun and makes for awesome multiplayer skirmishes and needs to be played to understand correctly.

This is a game i recommend everyone to try, and for the low price its now selling for, you get one of the best handcrafted rpg hybrid in history, in my own humble opinion
  17. AnonymousMC
    Sep 5, 2009
    Great game, serious voice acting like the old times... this game is a true reflection of the era where games didn't came by the dozen, and true concept, was needed to get the budget.

The game is wonderful, rich scenarios, amazing voice acting with the classic comedy of the era, with an intriguing adaptive storyline that changes on every single decision you make after a mission.

However, there's a point where the game feels like it was rushed to an end, leaving so much content and posibilities behind, and the AI feels kind of dumb at some times.

This game is a must for anyone looking into something new, interesting and challenging.
  18. JanosV.
    Aug 22, 2009
    This game is absolutely fantastic. The single player campaign great but you can also enjoy a skirmish by choosing local game in the multi-player menu.
  19. LizB.
    May 24, 2002
    I'm still playing different deities and getting the different spells!! This game rocks! The levels can get a little challenging, but that's the whole fun in it!
  20. NickR.
    Jan 26, 2008
    This game pioneered the 3D RTS landscape and paved the way for games such as Gloom, Natural Selection, and Savage.
  21. AttilaB
    Aug 21, 2009
    Possibly the best rts I have ever played. For its age this game is still awesome. Camera view is perfect. The controls are perfect the AI is perfect, the resource system is perfect, the missions are F***ing awesome and the story is engaging. I must have replayed and beat this game over 15 over in the past 5 years.
  22. GaborA.
    Nov 12, 2003
    I dont even like strategy games but i love this game. Then again this is no ordinary strategy game.

1. If your system has the horsepower, this game allows you to experience the current limits in 3D gaming technology.
  2. The camera view is frustrating, the controls are frustrating, the AI is frustrating, the resource system is frustrating, the missions are frustrating, and above all the fact that this game isn't half as good as we were all hoping it would be is very, very frustrating.
  3. From its open-ended campaign and mind-searing graphics to its wide variety of multiplayer options, Sacrifice is one of those few games that manage to do just about everything right.