8.1

1. Nov 15, 2011
    Genius, pure genius. If you are easily offended, this is not for you, but if you want some laugh out loud fun, mixed with some surprisingly emotional moments and great game play, don't even hesitate, buy this game. Thanks THQ and Volition for a game that exceeded my expectations.
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    To go from a completely unplayable PC game (Saints Row 2) to one of the best PC ports of the year is quite an achievement for the series and the developers.
    This game is better optimized than GTAIV and the UI/Menus are functional and well designed. It controls flawlessly with a keyboard/mouse.
    The writing is actually clever, the voice acting is great, and the gameplay mechanics are solid and fun as hell.

To all the people complaining about day 1 DLC:
    It costs a great deal of money to make a AAA game now days, yet taking inflation into account, we pay less for a $50 game than ever.
    You have two choices, pay $70-80 for a new release, or pay $50 for 2/3rds of the content and then pay for the rest voluntarily (after you've decided if you like the game or not).
    To me, the second option is much better, because it gives the customer choices.
    Sorry, but $50 for a full-length AAA game isn't an option anymore.
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    To the people who think that there is day 1 DLC need to learn how to read better. The $20 is for the FUTURE DLC that is coming out for the game at a later date. There are 3 of them. So if you are any follower or purchaser of DLC, you will know that 3 DLC packs individually will cost $15 each, so the $20 package deal is a great buy. So again, anyone who is writing a bad review because theyTo the people who think that there is day 1 DLC need to learn how to read better. The $20 is for the FUTURE DLC that is coming out for the game at a later date. There are 3 of them. So if you are any follower or purchaser of DLC, you will know that 3 DLC packs individually will cost $15 each, so the $20 package deal is a great buy. So again, anyone who is writing a bad review because they cannot read needs to stop writing reviews. Other than that; this game is exactly what it said it would be from the trailer; goofy, raunchy, and action packed. This game is good to just escape for a few hours and drive some pimped out rides (any ride you want to pimp out you can) or fly, or just do side quests and fight other gangs. Really, what more were you expecting? Skyrim? Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    Oh my god, haha, where do I even start? This game is pure fun. Just fun! I love the crazy one liners, I love the ridiculous action, there's pretty much nothing I dislike about this game. More fun than anything else out on the gaming market. Buy it if you have the means, I swear you won't regret it.
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    Game of the Year, GTA on steroids. This game is explosive, fun, and takes gaming to a level we have never seen before. This game is the bad boy of the gaming industry.
  6. Jul 31, 2012
    Enough with the GTA comparisons. Having played every single GTA and Saints Row game, I can assure you that they aren't even close to competitors.

The Saints Row series has really declined over the year, yet everyone hails this game as being a savior simply because GTA IV was too boring. Most of the people who are reviewing this game never played SR1, so they think Saints Row was always this ultra silly, casual alternative to the slightly more serious GTA. In the first game, the whole focus was the 3rd Street Saints. You weren't a Gary Stu, you were just a wild card in the gang. Most of the gameplay revolved around following your Lieutenant's orders. You actually had to use gang members, play the activities, and gain territory. It wasn't simple, nor was it easy. Level 8 Snatch activities, I rest my case. Those were infuriatingly impossible.

In the first game, we had more clothing customization. We had more layers of clothes to choose from. We could zip and unzip outfits, turn hats, put up our hoods, lower our pants, and frankly do whatever the hell we wanted. There was more intricate jewelry, a wider variety of clothing stores, and most importantly of all, colors mattered. Nowadays, respect is nothing more than some **** equivalent of levels in your average RPG.

In SR1, you could rob stores at different times of the day. If you burglarized stores at night, you broke in to the back, cracked the safe, and carried out boxes of goods. You then had to load them into trucks and drive them to a fence.

In SR1, you could buy liquor and joints. Not that getting high or drunk was all that important, but it made you feel more like a gangster and it also allowed you to punch people ridiculous distances.

In SR1, activities had 8 levels instead of 6. The final 2 levels of practically every activity were absurdly challenging, even on Normal.

In SR1, respect and money didn't grow on trees. You couldn't just buy meaningless properties that sit there in a static environment and do nothing. You actually had to play the activities and contribute to the well being of your gang to continue to do missions. In SR3 respect is thrown at me for taking a piss on the sidewalk.

In SR1, there was an actual story worth following. Los Carnales, the Rollers, and the Vice Kings put the SR2 and SR3 gangs to shame. Benjamin King alone is a better character than the combined cast of SR3. The narrative isn't limited to LOL SO RANDUMB kind of humor made for 12 year olds who are convinced that GTA is some ultra silly casual party game.

In SR1, there were stronghold missions. Even these were kept in SR2. In SR3, a stronghold is some useless building with nothing to do in it that sits around and makes you more money to spend on absolutely nothing.

In SR1, your phone was actually useful. There were phone numbers all throughout the game that made Stilwater feel much more alive and real. It wasn't limited to 911, taxis, and other dumb ****

I could continue to go on about all the features that SR1 had that were stripped away in SR2 and further removed in SR3, but I'll end with this. I 100% completed Saints Row The Third in 17 hours and 40 minutes. If you actually think this game deserves anything more than a 6, you must have the lowest standards on the planet. There is no new content to this game. The more serious tone has been completely abandoned for stupid kiddie humor and bland characters with absolutely no development. The whole community is filled with idiots who want furries and ponies and random **** they find online. The quality of game was sacrificed for slightly improved graphics in a boring, static city with no exploration allowed. The worst part is that there is genuinely no content. Once you beat the missions, clear the activities, and get the collectibles, you're done. The activities are so short, I have 100% control of the city before the story even ends.

Saints Row 3 is a bastardization of the previous two Saints Row games. The worst part is, this game is a pile of rubbish BEFORE the season pass bull**** I can only hope this was a product of mismanagement at THQ, and that Volition will do better in the future like we know they can.
  7. Nov 17, 2011
    The big problem with SR:3 is its story presentation. Most of your actual story missions are activites, which for those who played SR2 know, are simple side games to earn money with and be silly, but about 25 of 47 missions are these activites. This leads to an extrremely short story full of holes. These also do nothing to tie in the plot of the game and can be downright absurd. ForThe big problem with SR:3 is its story presentation. Most of your actual story missions are activites, which for those who played SR2 know, are simple side games to earn money with and be silly, but about 25 of 47 missions are these activites. This leads to an extrremely short story full of holes. These also do nothing to tie in the plot of the game and can be downright absurd. For example the first mayhem mission is givin to you under the guise of attaking one of Stealports gangs who is distributing bad software, which leads you to a random street with the goal of doing as much damage to anything as possible. It dosent tie int the premise of the mission at all. The entire story is so incredably horrible that many players have searched for "missing cutscenes" (as I did) in the though that a glitch may have made them miss something only to find out "nope thats how it is". Another complaint I have is HOW the story is handled. In the second mission of the game a beloved key Saints charater is killed, however your never really sure hes dead, furthermore non of the charaters who were this guys best friends (except one) EVEN CARE that hes dead. The one that does just gets an attitude and mean but it never goes anywhere the game never builds on it and thats the case with most aspects of the story. Another instance in a scene on a bridge where the player has no idea whats going on and I had to find out on forums that it was the dead charaters funeral, the parts were all there there was a hearse and the charaters were all dressed up but no one was sad or hinted at a funeral AT ALL. After searching all these things online, apperently the game went through alot of story changes and the writers had to rewrite alot of the game (to cut up content for DLC's is unknown but likely). All thats fine but what were left with seems like a concept for a final story instead of o final product. Hugly more disappointing after SR2 Expand
  8. Jun 19, 2012
    This game is really amazing fun!! I picked it up for a discounted price on Steam but honestly, had I known how great this game was, I would have picked it up for a full price and earlier! I fell in love with my main character, but I also felt for my homies. Great voice acting, funny activities and simply awe inspiring main story missions put this game waaaay ahead anything that GTA hasThis game is really amazing fun!! I picked it up for a discounted price on Steam but honestly, had I known how great this game was, I would have picked it up for a full price and earlier! I fell in love with my main character, but I also felt for my homies. Great voice acting, funny activities and simply awe inspiring main story missions put this game waaaay ahead anything that GTA has come up with for years. Saints Row >>>>>>>>> GTA. The game is crazy, if you have a sense of humor, you'll love it. Expand
  9. Dec 16, 2011
    first the bad news,
    sometimes you can't crouch-walk around corners, you have to stand up and get shot a bit.
    the game tells you stuff you know already all the time in advice pop-ups. (patronising) that's about it. the good news is that the game is loud, bright, fun, stupid, and allows a decent level of customisation. i have only played enough story missions to get a safehouse and now i'm
    first the bad news,
    that's about it.
    i have only played enough story missions to get a safehouse and now i'm just riding around getting into scrapes,
    great.
  10. Jan 17, 2012
    My biggest gripe is the performance. It's so imbalanced and erratic, that I wonder why the developers even bothered pretending to brush the console port abomination Saints Row 2 under the rug! The game auto-detects to HIGH settings for my PC with lovely DX11 features turned on High with one on Medium. It still runs at between 25 frames to 50, never going below 25 luckily. As for things notMy biggest gripe is the performance. It's so imbalanced and erratic, that I wonder why the developers even bothered pretending to brush the console port abomination Saints Row 2 under the rug! The game auto-detects to HIGH settings for my PC with lovely DX11 features turned on High with one on Medium. It still runs at between 25 frames to 50, never going below 25 luckily. As for things not graphics-related... prepare to have your mind blown by over the top insanity at every turn. Solid, fun shooting. Crazy, fun characters. Insane scenarios. Geez, there is so much packed into this game! Only one word can sum it up: FUN! Expand
  11. Feb 16, 2012
    I'll say it now. I took issue with saints row 2. Even excluding the pc version which I would objectively give a 1/10 due to being flatout broken. It never managed to be fun for me. And yeah, in this specific case it was a the sum of it's negative parts. The gunplay never felt good, the driving felt wrong somehow, the minigames, while creative felt like some poor budget game. The aestheticsI'll say it now. I took issue with saints row 2. Even excluding the pc version which I would objectively give a 1/10 due to being flatout broken. It never managed to be fun for me. And yeah, in this specific case it was a the sum of it's negative parts. The gunplay never felt good, the driving felt wrong somehow, the minigames, while creative felt like some poor budget game. The aesthetics where so bad they where flatout broken, nothing was lit, everything was sickening. Under all these elements that I hated about saints row 2, was some potential. It has a **** of side content, most of which was insane. And it has some great storyline missions. Saints row 3 reduces side content, one of the major draws of the average original. So does that make it worse then? Not at ALL. The game looks great, runs great, feels like a game, instead of cardboard boxes moving around. Now while the actual content is less diverse, and this is about 1/3rd the size and diversity of saints row 2 - it's a FAR better game. Mechanics, the feel of controls, all these things do matter. The presentation matters. And while I would certainly prefer saints row 3 to have the content of saints row 2 - I actually completed saints row 3. Whereas I feel phisically ill every time I play 2. These little details add up. It's also got more of a tone than saints row 2. It's own sense of style that separates it from everything else. It does insanity better, it takes that extra step towards being it's own entity. In the end, I think saints row 3 is a fantastic game that is too short. Whereas saints row 2 is a absolutely terrible game that is very long. Hopefully saints row 4 can have a lot of content, while keeping the style and feel of 3. That would be a 9/10 right there. Expand
  12. Jan 26, 2012
    An adult themed game that is the best sandbox environment I have played in years. Total fun factor between mini missions and actual story line content, can't wait for the next expansion to play some more!
  13. Feb 26, 2012
    92% While Saints Row The Third does have it's issues in terms of bugs, it's few and far between and the smooth performance and graphical customizations available make the game accessible to a lot of gamers. The gameplay is easy to enjoy. Missions are varied and at times somewhat challenging. Graphics are very sharp and with the over the top use of vibrant colours it looks amazing and has a92% While Saints Row The Third does have it's issues in terms of bugs, it's few and far between and the smooth performance and graphical customizations available make the game accessible to a lot of gamers. The gameplay is easy to enjoy. Missions are varied and at times somewhat challenging. Graphics are very sharp and with the over the top use of vibrant colours it looks amazing and has a lot of charm. Saints Row may not be the most realistic game but it certainly is one of the most fun. For the full review please visit www.insidepcgaming.com Expand
  14. Feb 17, 2012
    Great game. If you waiting for GTA V get this now! Funny and crazy. Nice city and vehicles. Plane is awesome. Graphic is not the best but keeps the level of :)
  15. Dec 24, 2011
    It's a pretty fun, and funny game. There are a lot of quirky and hilarious things that you can do. However, those side missions you have to do over and over again are so boring. Also, what is my motivation for taking back the city? I can already do whatever I want, whenever I want. Coop is fun, and sandbox is fun, but the story is just a turd sandwich. It would be like if mario, instead ofIt's a pretty fun, and funny game. There are a lot of quirky and hilarious things that you can do. However, those side missions you have to do over and over again are so boring. Also, what is my motivation for taking back the city? I can already do whatever I want, whenever I want. Coop is fun, and sandbox is fun, but the story is just a turd sandwich. It would be like if mario, instead of getting stars in the new games, had to rescue the princess in every single level (Yah I know it almost used to be like that). Developers, if you are out there, just go post on any message board, anywhere on the net, and ask what the next plot should be for number 4. No one will suggest they lose city and have to take it back...yet again.' I know what you all are thinking (talking to you gamers now) - 'it's saints row, the story doesn't matter!' Well, then don't have one. Or, if you're going to have one, make it good. Expand
  16. Jan 20, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third - definitely a game that was lacking in recent years. After all, where else will make it possible to run in stupid costumes, a couple of thugs to beat up a huge **** jumping into the car through the windshield and see the killer movies where the protagonists soaked "black" jokes. Fans of thrash frenzy and gangsta **** necessarily to educate.
    Pros: Elegant character
    Pros: Elegant character customization, rich gameplay, great graphics, diverse music and good sound.
    Cons: All this madness ends too quickly, I would like a little bigger.
  17. Jan 28, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is the most fun game i have ever seen !!!!! I has lots of things to keep you hooked for hours besides the real story-line. It has got cannon car , flying bikes , vertical take off plane and some superb weapons and fun items which you can use from the start of the game ! And what can I say about its cut scenes . they are so awesome , that u would replay the whole mission justSaints Row 3 is the most fun game i have ever seen !!!!! I has lots of things to keep you hooked for hours besides the real story-line. It has got cannon car , flying bikes , vertical take off plane and some superb weapons and fun items which you can use from the start of the game ! And what can I say about its cut scenes . they are so awesome , that u would replay the whole mission just to see them again ! The best feature of this game is the comic story-line and characters and their behavior ! The game is such a delight for fun loving gamer's who like this free roam stuff and all !! So one of the best games of the year !!!! Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2012
    Genius, whatever the writers got when doing this, they need more. The humour of the game is fantastic, had me laughing now and then, the soundtrack is very pleasant, except for the credits song, but still, the game is just fantastic
  19. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is basically Saints Row 2 but slightly (just slightly) worse in any of its elements: there's less variety of pedetrians, less character customisation, the storyline is shorter and at some points trying too hard to be ridiculous (but not even that much considering how I stayed away from this game for a while because I thought they were just "exaggerating" too much), they removedThis game is basically Saints Row 2 but slightly (just slightly) worse in any of its elements: there's less variety of pedetrians, less character customisation, the storyline is shorter and at some points trying too hard to be ridiculous (but not even that much considering how I stayed away from this game for a while because I thought they were just "exaggerating" too much), they removed one or two modes in exchange for more generic ones, and the thing that bugged me the most was, no matter how fitting with the theme of starting out as the affirmed gangster you left as at the end of SR2, that you have insanely powerful things right from the beginning of the game: I'm not talking about the fact that you get the laptop thingie to bombard stuff, since it doesn't even give you that much ammo, I'm talking about the fact that WITHOUT unlocking things from the various minigames/modes, I found myself doing missions such as "hey, we gotta get that helicopter to do this mission, I asked some favors to get it, it's located here" and I went there to get the helicopter... with a better, faster, well-armed helicopter I had in my garage. And this is just one example.

HOWEVER, and I can't stress this enough, this game's little flaws much to my surprise were totally, TOTALLY redeemed by the multiplayer. It worked surprisingly well (with some lag when using cars, sure) and it's... just, it's tons of fun! Since I stopped playing GTA I always wished for something similar that would let me play a sandbox as it is, BUT with more people, and this did exactly that, and has everything from minigames to other modes to actual storyline missions, fixed in a neat way for multiplayer use. Saints Row 2 just had those awfully specific modes that allowed you to play online: those were still fun, but just imagine what you can do together in the actual game!

Overall, the flaws I mentioned might be because of allowing the multiplayer to run smoothly, I'm not sure about that actually, I think they could have just copy-pasted the stuff from SR2 and I would have been happy, and the flaw I found the most annoying (the "you get overpowered things right away" flaw) has its own reasons: the game is trying to skip the phase in which you farm/wait for the awesome stuff by trying and being "awesome" right from the start. I think this can be either liked or disliked by people as an approach, you can think "cut to the chase" or "I don't want stuff like farming" and still sound reasonable, however to me it just looks a lot like de-valuing things and not making me earn them, although again this flaw doesn't apply to everything: the good powerups take quite a lot of money to unlock. Speaking of which the powerup interface and some of the powerups look/sound confusing?
  20. Mar 15, 2012
    There isn't much of interest beyond the main singleplayer campaign, but what a blast that it! Saints Row the Third features about 15 hours of craziness and over the top action that I expect will bring many a smile to even the most cynical gamer out there.
  21. Jan 2, 2013
    Si te gusta el GTA IV y el humor políticamente incorrecto, no dudes en hacerte con este juego.

Tal vez, y como pasa con el GTA IV, la mecánica de misiones puede hacerse un poco repetitiva.
  22. Feb 4, 2012
    This game has nearly continuous laughs, with humor in the tradition of Benny Hill. Viola's costume is a particular hoot. Also, the vehicle choices and action are over the top. It took me a little while, but now I love this game. The only reasons that I did not give it a 10 are: (1) activities and missions seem disorganized, making the plot hard to follow. (2) E key is over used,This game has nearly continuous laughs, with humor in the tradition of Benny Hill. Viola's costume is a particular hoot. Also, the vehicle choices and action are over the top. It took me a little while, but now I love this game. The only reasons that I did not give it a 10 are: (1) activities and missions seem disorganized, making the plot hard to follow. (2) E key is over used, resulting in giving one command while another actually occurs. Expand
  23. Feb 17, 2013
    The third entry of the Saints Row series, while fun, holds the player's hand a bit too much and reduces the majority of missions to simple tutorials and mini-games. Fans of the previous two installments will also be disappointed to find out that Volition really didn't do much to advance the plot. That said, let's hope Saints Row 4 focuses more on the protagonist tracking down Dex.
  24. Feb 5, 2012
    having played this game for almost a day, i've found saints row the third to be one of the best games of 2011 (i'm late on my review)
    i've played all three of the games now and find that the newest installment brings much more humour and better game design to a series that has put GTA to shame. The story is one that no one would have expected to see and the new side missions are a great change to ones from previous games, although i've got 100% of steelport owned and have completed every activity there is (besides the ones from the new dlc) there is nothing left to do as i've also maxed out the respect metre at level 50. Certain weapons in the game show this off perfectly and the amount of customistaion available. while the customisation options have been reduced compared to the second game i find it to be a great extra to such and immerse game. This game along with Batman Arkham City made my top five games of the past 5 years and will remain there for a long time
  25. Jan 4, 2013
    It is fun at times. But it is full of bugs, glitches, and questionable design choices. There is plenty of childish humor present, but i never really found it to be too amusing. Coop is fun for a little while, but quickly becomes frustrating as the game constantly has to confirm your choices with your partner which makes getting things done mission-wise, a chore. There is a great deal ofIt is fun at times. But it is full of bugs, glitches, and questionable design choices. There is plenty of childish humor present, but i never really found it to be too amusing. Coop is fun for a little while, but quickly becomes frustrating as the game constantly has to confirm your choices with your partner which makes getting things done mission-wise, a chore. There is a great deal of freedom and plenty of player and weapon upgrades to keep you having sense of progression. Definitely watch some videos and get other opinions before purchasing. Expand
  26. May 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, it is far less stressful then grand theft auto IV in terms of game play, I almost blew a blood vessel playing the bank robbery mission for like 2+ hours trying to beat it because of how damaging bullets are and that my retarded AI won't get out of the F---ing car when it's about to explode, causing a restart of the mission. Saints Row onThis is one of the best games I have ever played, it is far less stressful then grand theft auto IV in terms of game play, I almost blew a blood vessel playing the bank robbery mission for like 2+ hours trying to beat it because of how damaging bullets are and that my retarded AI won't get out of the F---ing car when it's about to explode, causing a restart of the mission. Saints Row on the other hand has much smarter AI and they get incapacitated first instead of dying so you get some time which can be extended with upgrades to get them back on their feet. GTA IV would have been a good game in terms of game play if it had upgrades like Saints Row because that would have made the game play a bit more enjoyable if not a bit less frustrating. Grand Theft Auto IV does have a better character development and a better open world but as you press on, it dies down to repetitive missions. Saints Row really has the unique set up for missions as many are quite different from each other and there are a lot while also containing a uniqueness to each one and the presentation is a lot better then most GTA IV missions. In conclusion, by itself it is not bigger then GTA IV but with the DLC it goes over it with quality over quantity and the game will provide a lot of laughs and a lot of memorable moments. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2013
    Saints Row the third is a massive improvement over SR2 in the graphic and animation department, in regards to story and content i would say it feels half of what SR2 was, still a very very good game.
  28. Feb 6, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic game play. All the awesome comicality of the Crackdown series, and all the seriousness and game play diversity of Grand Theft Auto series. This game has a lot to offer.
  29. Feb 6, 2012
    The game for itself is very funny, loved the dialogues, that makes the game more real than ever, but there are some issues that may cause the game to lose the grace. First of all, i got a medium-high resolution, and couldn't drive the cars very well, i don't know what happens about this, but the car doesn't respond to your command and you crash tons of times. The police and gang theyThe game for itself is very funny, loved the dialogues, that makes the game more real than ever, but there are some issues that may cause the game to lose the grace. First of all, i got a medium-high resolution, and couldn't drive the cars very well, i don't know what happens about this, but the car doesn't respond to your command and you crash tons of times. The police and gang they ALWAYS makes you look like the weak of the game, because when they come, they come and just don't stop, there is no end until you enter inside a store, and almost finishing the game, the police becomes almost IMMORTAL, even with the higher skills for low damage from explosions or bullets. I know the game HAS to be hard sometimes, but its annoying how they can beat you fast. To kill them you need to head shot them or shoot until you lose the attention and more 3 guys come to kill you. You can also change the course of the history, choosing what to do with 2 options, the game will make the history as you choose your way to solve the problem. One thing they could change is the time your partner takes to get in a car, the AI becomes lazy and sometimes take too long to get away and find the next place. To finish, the price is totally high for a game like this, its suppose to be a better GTA, sure it IS, but the price is pretty hard to believe, if you like a better version of GTA, go ahead and buy SR, but finishing the game in less than 24 hours you can think is a low experience in single player. Expand
  30. May 13, 2012
    This was my first saints row game, and unfortunately; I expected somewhat of a gta when I bought it. Once you get over the fact it doesn't come close to gta in terms of realness, graphics, you'll start to just mess around, laugh, and have fun while playing this game. The storyline was actually pretty catching, and the missions although ridiculous; was mostly lol moments. Dont expect gta,This was my first saints row game, and unfortunately; I expected somewhat of a gta when I bought it. Once you get over the fact it doesn't come close to gta in terms of realness, graphics, you'll start to just mess around, laugh, and have fun while playing this game. The storyline was actually pretty catching, and the missions although ridiculous; was mostly lol moments. Dont expect gta, and dont take this game seriously; and you'll love this game. Expand
  31. Jun 15, 2012
    A lot of the reviews mention one key factor: FUN ! This is where Saints Row the Third scores heavily over the pretentious GTA IV. I've been having a blast playing the great missions, enjoying the crazy antics and amped-up humor. It looks good (ok, but not great) but it plays superbly. The AI is good (ok, but not great) but truly enjoyable to dinker about with. Volition remembered thatA lot of the reviews mention one key factor: FUN ! This is where Saints Row the Third scores heavily over the pretentious GTA IV. I've been having a blast playing the great missions, enjoying the crazy antics and amped-up humor. It looks good (ok, but not great) but it plays superbly. The AI is good (ok, but not great) but truly enjoyable to dinker about with. Volition remembered that games can be just FUN FUN FUN... I give it a 9... thank you Volition! Expand
  32. Apr 13, 2013
    As a sandbox game Saints rows the third does a lot of things right. You can customize your vehicles, body, hairstyle, crew, clothes etc which is a load of fun. There are businesses and apartments that you can buy that accumulate money for you. You can drive cars, boats, helicopters and airplanes and there are a number of activities in the city that you can do. Everything is not perfectAs a sandbox game Saints rows the third does a lot of things right. You can customize your vehicles, body, hairstyle, crew, clothes etc which is a load of fun. There are businesses and apartments that you can buy that accumulate money for you. You can drive cars, boats, helicopters and airplanes and there are a number of activities in the city that you can do. Everything is not perfect though. The vehicle handling feels extremely arcady which might really piss off some people. The helicopters and airplanes in particularly feels a bit strange. The side missions are very limited and they get repetitive really fast. There are some cool ideas (i love the insurance scam idea) but the number of different side missions are just to few and some of them are not interesting at all. And there aren't any races in the game at all which is really disappointing. The combat in the game is alright. There are plenty of fun melee moves and the weapon variety is good enough. The lack of recoil makes the gunplay quite boring though and the enemies arent all that fun to fight because of the simple AI. Some larger enemies in the game are basically giant shooting bullet sponges and they aren't all that fun to fight.

The main campaign in the game is interesting. It is totally crazy and it never really settles down. The problem with this is that it loses the momentum of all the crazy since they keep throwing it at you all the time. That it not to say that i didn't enjoy how crazy the campaign was and it is certainly varied enough. The story though is pretty bland and it lacks interesting and likable characters which is a shame. I might sound really negative here but i had an alright time with the game. It took me around 15 hours to beat the campaign and the majority of side missions in the game which is a bit on the short side for a sandbox game. Especially so since most of the content aint all that great. The game doesn't really excel at anything which i wouldn't have had a problem with if the game had a massive amount of varied content. That is not however the case and in the end Saints Row the third is a pretty average sandbox game.
  33. Nov 29, 2012
    The game is action packed and full of crazy and insane weapons, punches, clothing and other stuff. The storyline is probably one of the worst ever; it is full of awesome gunfights, but it doesn't make ANY sense, not even for a SR game. The carmodels could be better, but the helicopters and tanks are pretty cool ;) Long story short: if you don't mind the storyline and the hidious carmodels,The game is action packed and full of crazy and insane weapons, punches, clothing and other stuff. The storyline is probably one of the worst ever; it is full of awesome gunfights, but it doesn't make ANY sense, not even for a SR game. The carmodels could be better, but the helicopters and tanks are pretty cool ;) Long story short: if you don't mind the storyline and the hidious carmodels, this game is very good. Expand
  34. Jan 3, 2014
    I've played many GTA games and a lot of old open world adventure games in the past, and I must say, this turned out to be a very fun and casual game.

A game that truly fulfills any ego to occasionally go out and smash around stuff with absolute impunity or speeding through traffic in total road rage without any hesitation of destroying anything or losing anything significant value.

To get there, you'd have to first earn your way up, but the gameplay is so laid back that you really don't have to take anything seriously, and that is true even in co-op with your friends. Even if a particular mission fails, there is no heavy penalty, everyone keeps all the guns and cars they've collected and everyone can feel free to retry at their leisure. No pressure at all, which is a total refreshment for all the serious and heavy gaming expects everyone to heavily invest in a gamble to risk losing one thing or another. Not that it is a bad thing necessarily, but it really relieves the hassle of that in this casual environment.

The story itself is relatively short, but that's only to provide an introduction into this sandbox world I believe. The main focus was never really the story, but the world itself. The story however, is just content to introduce all the game mechanics SR3 had to offer. Not to mention the wackiness and humor that you just won't get to see on a regular basis. Pimps riding on chariots? A giant ball of yarn wrecking havoc? A game show devoted to slaughter mascots? Not intended to humor children and mindful sticklers, but if you were, you wouldn't pick up a game about gangstas in the first place, unless your only intent is to patronize it.

Overall, it is a game that's well deserved its full marks, simply just because it has managed to capture this player's undivided attention until all missions and almost all achievements (96%) have been completed for 252 hours.
  35. Jun 11, 2013
    "Saints Row: The Third" is an over the top free roaming game that gives you an arsenal of weapons and vehicles to cause mayhem in the rather big gaming world, but its lack of detail and varying content make this otherwise enjoyable title nothing but a minor bit of co op fun
  36. Mar 29, 2013
    Ce jeux aurait pu être vraiment pas mal avec une meilleur finition... trop de "détail" énervant qui gâche soit l'histoire, soit la jouabilité. Dommage mais GTA IV était bien mieux peaufiné bien que carrément moins beau graphiquement.
  37. May 25, 2013
    Saint's row 3 was a disappointment for me. After the great second part of the series that introduced a less-serious approach than the Gta antagonists in this genre, i was expecting a continuation of the same level of quality while keeping the funny part.
    However the developers made this game more like a joke, filled with sexist jokes and not that much fun. it degenerated both in the humor part and in the serious approaches the second part had.
    The plot was also completely out of order, the opponent gangs seemed less interesting than before.

I found myself smiling with the satire 3-4 times the whole game.

Stillport is way inferior than Stillwater both in design and in the general feeling except in the casinos district).

Graphics and soundtrack are in good levels.

The new mini boss battles with the brutes are also a quite good add.

Customization is a little bit too much, yet still above the most opposition in the market.

Saint's row 2 mini-games have now become part of the main mission. The biggest foul in my opinion.

Shandy feels idiotic and less hot, Zimos was funny and the only character i liked in this game.

Choices in game are vain and don't have actual impact on the story except in the last mission ).
    In general while the game has its fun and cannot be considered bad in any case,to me it feels like a worse version of the second, that while it evolved in customization and graphics it went quite a few steps back in the story and satire sections.
  38. May 31, 2013
    I have played the other games in the series for countless hours (ATLEAST over 500 hours combined!) and i have played the gta series since vice city and i can honestly say that this game was a dissapointment! I REALLY enjoyed the saints row series up-till this game. It was the wacky open-world sandbox game that i would play whenever i just wanted pure FUN. But the thing that made themI have played the other games in the series for countless hours (ATLEAST over 500 hours combined!) and i have played the gta series since vice city and i can honestly say that this game was a dissapointment! I REALLY enjoyed the saints row series up-till this game. It was the wacky open-world sandbox game that i would play whenever i just wanted pure FUN. But the thing that made them differ from OK to AMAZING was their attention to detail. They shared this with Rockstar. There would be pedestrians jogging, eating burgers, reading newspapers, sleeping at benches in the park and puking after a hard night of alcohol. There was easter-eggs EVERYWHERE and you never felt you had explored it all. THIS was what made it so much fun to just make chaos in the city, it felt ALIVE and well put-together. The story was also AMAZING! It had all the wacky humor and over-the-top action that you would not see anywhere else but it also had HEART! And DEPHT. It wasn't all fart-jokes (alot, but not ALL OF IT). There were heart-stopping scenes that would make your hairs rise on your back. It was AWESOME and HAD to be replayed. The third on the other hand ABANDENS all of this! It has lost it's heart and depht in exchange for more fart-jokes and sex-jokes. It also lost all the easter-eggs and the varied world. There were also no longer any action amongst the pedestrians and if there were it was HIGHLY scripted and LOCKED to one spessific point making the world feel even more DEAD than it already feels. The crazy weapons are nice and makes the game fun FOR A WHILE but they are so OVERPOWERED and scripted that it looses it's fun quite fast. The story is also and only serve as a way to take you from one over-the-top scene to the next. This makes it feel empty unlike it's predesessors witch actually wanted to tell a GREAT story amongst all the chaos. The action also looses it's touch after a while because when EVERYTHING is over-the-top then NOTHING is over-the-top. It's ALL normal inside the game. The first two games (especially the secound one) made sure to have little breaks in-between the over-the-top missions to make sure that when one of those popped up you REALLY felt it. The multiplayer was also gone witch I and quite a few other fans of the series REALLY enjoyed! They said they wanted to put more time into perfecting the co-op witch was since there is nothing special about the co-op. No custom cut-scenes and no exclusive co-op features. It just single-player with a friend and since they CUT the muliplayer in change of this you would think it would be something more than that. So to conclude i will say i had fun playing the game. It WAS a fun experience for a while, but then i started to see how empty and mindless it realy was. When you reach max level you are invinible, have unlimited ammo and you never have to reload. It's STUPID easy and is not fun anymore. You can also avoid the cops by simple walking into ANY of your buisnisses witch makes the cops and gangs just a big JOKE. There is no THREAT you have to think about while shooting people. And that takes away ANY challange and later all the remaining FUN in the game. There is also so few enterable buildings in the game it's just pathetic compared to even the FIRST GAME! The open-world in a game like this is like it's own character and the one in saints row the third is empty and uninteresting. I played it for 35 hours and went back to saints row 2 for my fift playthrough, it's just as fun as the first unlike this game witch ends up being uninteresting in comparason even on a secound playtrough. And now it seems like the fourth will be THE SAME game with even more CRAZY stuff and moving EVEN FURTHER away from the charm and heart of the secound game. They it up and is now destined to be a one-time playit and sellit game. Expand
  39. Dec 7, 2013
    Saints Row: The Third...
    Many people will say that this game isn't as good as is predecessor, but in this reviewers opinion, I'd say that I enjoyed this one more. The story line may not be as good, but the game play for me really saved it, aside from some hilarious bugs, the game was fine, performance was good etc. I find that the jokes were pretty funny.
    On top of that the multiplayer
    Saints Row: The Third...
    On top of that the multiplayer is incredibly hilarious even though it doesn't seem like they put much work into tailoring the campaign for multiplayer, because the cut scenes on show yourself.
    Overall, I find it an enjoyable game, with a very sincere ending.
  40. Feb 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A quite good GTA clone ideal for people with black humor that would sometimes laugh the s**t of you .
    The game is quite violent,explosive and made me thought the reasons why this game was rated by ESRB M17
  41. May 25, 2014
    Last Played: Feb 2014
    PROS: + True single-player sandbox with minimal story to get in the way + Several fast vehicles means you aren't stuck with one "best" vehicle all the time + Blowing stuff up (which is 98% of the game) is really fun
    CONS: - Some weapons are weak and you'll never use - Some fight types are irritating (gang survival) REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is
    Last Played: Feb 2014

REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is not trying to be GTA. It is not trying to offer a story, or multiplayer (which is tacked on if you insist on trying), or a rich cultural experience, or any other pretentious thing you can think of. It is about doing what you want when you want to. You want to throw a fart-in-a-jar at a cop? Fine. Want to run over hookers on a motorcycle? That's fine too. The only limitation is that some event types only appear after a certain "story mission" type (these actually just introduce activity types with some well-voiced but stultifyingly dumb dialogue on the side). That's it. "Finishing" the game doesn't really reward you, because the whole thing is about the activities along the way, and SR3 does this magnificently. You can collect the best vehicles from game start and it is worth grabbing a few, because several of the best cars perform similarly well. Actually, hijacking pretty much any vehicle will make for a passable getaway car (though I wouldn't recommend a garbage truck). This actually works pretty well for the game, since you can experiment with several vehicles instead of being forced into a single best car. The best thing of all, however is the destruction factor--which is good, because the activities are just different variations on blowing stuff up. I said before that the ending isn't rewarding, but you know what? It doesn't matter because the stuff you'll remember are the fireballs along the way.

Which is not to say the game is without flaw. In contrast to the variety of functional cars, there really are "best" weapons that you'll use exclusively (unless forced by a special activity). Ultimately, this doesn't hurt the game too much, because the best weapons are so fun to use, but it is still there. You may also find that certain activity types aren't up your alley. This really shouldn't pose a problem to anyone, though-you'll only be forced to do each activity once (story) and then you can ignore them. If you find the game too easy, you can simply not buy upgrades or call in swarms of allies. This game is all about choice, and it does it oh so well.

Just don't expect to be able to stay away for long periods your first playthrough.
  42. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video gameThis game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video game ever, I think we can all agree that there is something to be said about this. This is a satire on modern life, the glorification of hip hop culture, the media and action movies as a whole. If you're 15 maybe this game isn't for you, if you're a 20 or early 30 something person who grew up with video games, the cultural references in here are designed for you. A few things might have been nice, like a 'fast travel' set of options to avoid some of the more annoying elements, more guns, more songs for driving, but the story, the humor and the brilliant satire more than makes up for it. This is as close to perfection in video game entertainment as is possible, don't miss it, I nearly did dismissing it as a GTA clone, it isn't, it's somehow more and when it isn't, it makes fun of itself. Expand
  43. Nov 2, 2014
    better than gta v this game is still the funnest open world game ive played the only games that compare to it are Garrys mod and minecraft i think gmod and minecraft are better but this is better than every gta game ever and saints row 4 is evan better than this game
  44. Feb 24, 2012
    This game is for those who find GTA, and especially GTA 4 just a little bit too pretentious, and was the most fun I had playing a video game in the last year. I had almost no interest in the title, but it was selling well and I found it for a bargain price. Wow, what a joyful surprise. The main two enjoyable aspects were a very funny bunch of missions and dialogue, fun side side missions,This game is for those who find GTA, and especially GTA 4 just a little bit too pretentious, and was the most fun I had playing a video game in the last year. I had almost no interest in the title, but it was selling well and I found it for a bargain price. Wow, what a joyful surprise. The main two enjoyable aspects were a very funny bunch of missions and dialogue, fun side side missions, and just a bunch of crazy things you need to do to grow your character and add new strengths, such as more health, more ammo, more "homies" to come help you. The second, and probably best part of the game, is that is just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Just when you think you've seen everything, they throw more and more stuff in -- and it all works beautifully. We're talking about V-TOLS, Jet Bikes, tanks and exotic weaponry.

The plot is corny, but again it just keeps getting crazier. Think of the plot simply as an excuse to put you in crazy situations and offer opportunities for funny, sometimes hysterical dialogue.

This game is NOT to be taken seriously on any level. Just expect it to be so totally over the top that you just can't help but a great time. If you can lighten up and don't feel the need to be "cool and cold" when you play games, this game is too fun too pass on, even with the minor flaws.

That said, the DLC is incredibly weak. There isn't a single item worth your time, especially for the money they are asking while giving you something totally worthless. The Online pass is out of the question. A totaly waste of your money. The graphics are passable, but no shiny surfaces and super advances per pixel shading. The focus is on the gameplay.

Stick to the game that you got when you opened the box, and you will have one of the most fun experiences in a long time. Especially if you enjoy the doing more than just getting it over with. I had around 100 hours in the game with all side missions, core missions, and about half of the side activities, like stealing specific cars or assassinating some strange character after drawing them out in some weird way. I experienced no bugs or freezes on my XBox 360. Do your funny bone a favor and check this game out. Definitely worth it.
  45. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is so much over the top that it just can't be everyones cup of tea. I liked it a lot though and even after I finished the main story line I still come back to it every now and then just to have some fun. Yes, there are several things that I could complain about, like the way the engine handles respawning of people and vehicles or the very basic AI. But all in all this game is aThis game is so much over the top that it just can't be everyones cup of tea. I liked it a lot though and even after I finished the main story line I still come back to it every now and then just to have some fun. Yes, there are several things that I could complain about, like the way the engine handles respawning of people and vehicles or the very basic AI. But all in all this game is a very enjoyable experience and I never had the feeling of wasting my money on this title. Expand
  46. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is just plain fun. The voice acting is the best I've come across since the original Dragon Age. The city/town you are isn't the largest in the sandbox gaming world but there's so many missions and things to do you'll be playing for quite sometime unless you are a hardcore gamer with no job or girlfriend.
  47. Dec 6, 2011
    The good:
    => Character is highly customizable. There are even 7 voices to choose from. Somehow SR3 made me wish that GTA would have the same degree of customizability to the main character.
    => Funny ass and out-of-this-world main storyline missions. => Lots of satisfying weapons to choose from, some are crazy as hell. => NPCs have memorable characters, dialogues, and traits. => Great
    The good:
    => Funny ass and out-of-this-world main storyline missions.
    => Lots of satisfying weapons to choose from, some are crazy as hell.
    => NPCs have memorable characters, dialogues, and traits.
    => Great music

The Bads
    => Side-missions and mini-missions get tedious after some time, as several different types of the missions give similar objectives (i.e. destroy things with weapons & create mayhem with vehicles)
    => Action and shootings don't feel too great and there's not much variation in the enemies faced. Gets rather boring towards the end.
    => No racing.
    => Graphics look rather outdated.
  48. Nov 15, 2011
    I've missed playing a sandbox game of this caliber since GTA IV. While the comparisons are inevitable, they are vastly different games. SRT 3 is all about over-the-top ridiculousness which is evidenced by the character customization options, weapons, environment and mini-games. If you're in the mood to just cruise around Steelport and cause havoc of epic proportions while still navigatingI've missed playing a sandbox game of this caliber since GTA IV. While the comparisons are inevitable, they are vastly different games. SRT 3 is all about over-the-top ridiculousness which is evidenced by the character customization options, weapons, environment and mini-games. If you're in the mood to just cruise around Steelport and cause havoc of epic proportions while still navigating the campaign then you'll want to pick this up. Of course the game has its faults but the sheer amount of absurdity that is possible easily picks up the slack. Expand
  49. Mar 19, 2012
    An explosive mix of sandbox madness and an excellent narrative with dialogue leaves this over the top monster of a game surprisingly down to earth. The writers handled this in a top-notch fashion. If you can create a powder keg like Saints Row The Third, and make it still packed in with tongue-in-cheek dirty humor, as well as giving the characters dialogue that makes every mission such asAn explosive mix of sandbox madness and an excellent narrative with dialogue leaves this over the top monster of a game surprisingly down to earth. The writers handled this in a top-notch fashion. If you can create a powder keg like Saints Row The Third, and make it still packed in with tongue-in-cheek dirty humor, as well as giving the characters dialogue that makes every mission such as going through a cyber universe to take down a cyberlord geek who takes the form of a f***** dragon with swords as a normal day in the life of a Saint. Seriously, I want to congratulate these guys for bringing literally everything in the game to create this space of immersitivity; you feel like a bada**, you have homies that you actually care about, (or hate), and a great array customization (for an action game) that gears you up to take on any situation leaves me pleasantly surprised. So, looking for zombies to kill with a sonic blaster? Maybe riding a hoverbike through the streets searching for sex dolls? Calling your Saint army to take on a challenge, or just to piss off the law and gangs of Steelport? Either way, Saints Row: The Third delivers in the most outrageous ways possible, but it works, and that's the great thing about Volition's masterpiece...or travesty, depends on how you look at it... Expand
  50. Nov 16, 2011
    Crazy fun game, offers an experience I haven't had for a while with a GTA style Sandbox game......FUN! Mature topics, adult theme, crazy fun. I appreciate the wide variety of character customization, it's discouraging to see day 1 DLC.
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    Been waiting for this game to come out for a few months now. The hype was big... and the game t urned out to be awesome! Totally crazy to the point where some of the things the developers thought of, made me chuckle and go... no way!
  52. Nov 21, 2011
    Incredibly good fun! This is definitely GTA on steroids and LSD - bringing you a city full of madness, violence and memorable moments. In co-op, the game really comes alive, it's drop-in, drop-out and there is no hassle what so ever! I love this game and it might become my game of the year!
  53. Nov 22, 2011
    Definitely worth the money. Volition did a great job on the PC version. You can tell they put a lot of work into it, it's not just another console port. Oh, and the game is way fun!
  54. Nov 23, 2011
    I love this game because it is so different, wild, and crazy than any other game ive played. What other game can you slap a prostitute with a 3 foot long **** This made my small list of "purchase on release day" games. Take note game devs we want something different and new! Amazing graphics is always a plus.
  55. Nov 21, 2011
    orctowngrot said "Unfortunately there is a big problem. The game is very short and there is already a big day 1 DLC available for $20. This means that the game was designed and then whole chapters removed and parsed to DLC so that players could be charged a higher price for the game."

Excuse me? You don't really know what you're talking about. I have just went into Act 3 with 71% completion with 19 hours of game time. What did you do exactly? Ignore all the side quests and such? Please don't be so stupid and claim the game is short unless you have 100% and proof to back it. Even the Acts themselves are long. Secondly, the DLC you are talking about is a Season Pass. This is for DLC currently BEING MADE and has not been completed to release yet.

I am replying to you as you have 20 users saying your review of the game was helpful when it simply isn't. I usually respect opinions but your review is filled with complete and utter lies.
  56. Nov 22, 2011
    An absolute blast to play. While the campaign is short, it has come to be expected nowadays, but this game was clearly made with light hearted fun in mind, and it succeeds greatly in that regard. Not to mention it actually works on PC, unlike its predecessor.
  57. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is so much fun, you can do almost anything, I wont spoil, so you'll have to discover by yourself, but this game is a very good game, it can keep you playing for a long time, and the good thing is that you can customize a lot of things, like characters and cars... and then upload and share online with others too.

The only down of the game is that it has no Multiplayer, unlike GTA

The only down of the game is that it has no Multiplayer, unlike GTA IV, it has a COOP mode but it doesn't compare playing with friends Free mode around the city.

Still, I think the coop is very good, and at least they gave a feature to play with someone else.
  58. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have always been a GTA fan, and this is the first Saints Row game I've played to date. Simply put, the game is just pure unadulterated fun boiling onto the point of sheer ridiculousness. Story: The story isn't really as good as GTA to be frank. It seems like a melting pot of various Hollywood cliches and sheer ridiculous moments. If you are looking for a story to be told, GTA would be a much better option.

Gameplay: An absolute blast. VTOLs with microwave lasers and plasma rockets, a rocket launcher which fires squealing octopi which mind control people and explode with the press of a button, hover jets, WACKY, AMUSING AND FUN CHEATS (Ahem, GTA IV) and more. There's almost unlimited things you can do in Steelport. And it sure won't get old soon. My only gripe is the overuse of the action button. Often, the game doesn't know what you want to do because the action button "E" has too many functions. The game might make your character hold someone hostage when you want to get in a car for example. Not really gamebreaking, but kinda annoying sometimes. I guess there are some bugs here and there. For example, there is one mission where you have to escort some chick from the passenger bay of a helicopter. In my first playthrough, the heli got stuck and crashed into some building. This caused the game to complete the mission prematurely and I missed out on the later part of the mission. Again, small annoyances.

Graphics: Many other games have done better in terms of graphics, but it seems reasonable to suit the game. Explosions are nicely detailed, character models are well done, and cars look quite cool. Steelport itself looks quite beautiful (not as well done as GTA IV's Liberty City though). Something that bugs me is how vehicles and pedestrians pop in constantly. This doesn't make Steelport look like a city, more of a crazy playground.

Sound: Voice acting is top notch, except for Zimos, whose autotune may either annoy or amuse you. (It annoyed me ): ) Guns, explosions, crashes sound powerful and fun, making your experience as enjoyable as ever. However, my only gripe is the radio. I just don't like the selection of songs and the lack of interesting stuff there.

In all, a polished game that should be worth a buy. Don't expect a GTA when you play Saints Row, you'll find a fun, crass, over the top and immature game.
  59. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is definitely comparable to and inspired by the GTA series, but do not think it is a cloned experience. The third manages to take the genre and inject its own unique style into it. Saints Row does not take itself as seriously as it's GTA predecessor, creating a wild and often hysterical world to explore. Much of the story is over the top and I find it a refreshing change from theThis game is definitely comparable to and inspired by the GTA series, but do not think it is a cloned experience. The third manages to take the genre and inject its own unique style into it. Saints Row does not take itself as seriously as it's GTA predecessor, creating a wild and often hysterical world to explore. Much of the story is over the top and I find it a refreshing change from the GTA series. I hope to try the next one out. Despite its entertainment level, I can definitely complain about the size of the game, expecting a gta sized game, I was rather shocked to find myself at the end of the game in only about 30 hours. GTA games usually take some time commitment to beat. Expand
  60. Nov 30, 2011
    An amazing, amazing game. Not the best graphics but it doesn't actually matter because this is honestly the funnest game I've played in, well, ever. Why haven't you bought it already?
  61. Nov 16, 2011
    It's ridiculous, unadulterated fun; I haven't shamelessly laughed at jokes like these in some time. While the campaign is rather short, the real bulk of the fun in this game comes from joyriding around the city with a friend destroying anything and everything. While it's definitely a solid single-player title, I don't think you can really experience all there is to offer without playingIt's ridiculous, unadulterated fun; I haven't shamelessly laughed at jokes like these in some time. While the campaign is rather short, the real bulk of the fun in this game comes from joyriding around the city with a friend destroying anything and everything. While it's definitely a solid single-player title, I don't think you can really experience all there is to offer without playing with a friend.

While I don't approve of the day one DLC, the game's $50 pricetag (rather than the standard $60 for a AAA) makes me slightly less miffed about this.

Pros:
    + Beautiful graphics (cartoon-ish textures, but that's the intended style; the visual effects are excellent)
    + Performs very, very well on mid-range hardware
    + The sophomoric one-liners
    + Driving physics much improved over Saints Row 2 on PC (let's just forget that game ever existed)
    + Option to change flight controls from arcade to advanced

Cons:
    - Occasional issues with co-op hit detection (some NPC and vehicle positions get out of sync)
    - A few instances of game "freezing" for a second (has happened on two different PCs)

Neutral:
    = The player creator rivals anything I've seen in an Elder Scrolls game thus far. While some people like changing every fraction of an inch of the bone structure in their character's face, I like a wide variety of presets to hit the ground running. I had to spend about fifteen minutes to make my character's face look different than my brother's character (they all start at the same default). This can be a pro or con depending on personal preference, so I won't judge either way.
  62. Dec 3, 2011
    Simply fantastic and whacky game. If you don't mind playing a less serious sandbox game and the jokes hit your nerve you should get this ASAP. The controls are fine and this game plays perfectly fine even with keyboard and mouse.
  63. Nov 28, 2011
    The game really good, with many interesting ideas. Funny missions, cool climate and interesting conversations, videos. If someone liked the previous parts of this get to like it even more. The game contains everything that you expect the person who wanted to take a break from games like gta. The game really good though in the long run becomes a little boring and does not contain any reallyThe game really good, with many interesting ideas. Funny missions, cool climate and interesting conversations, videos. If someone liked the previous parts of this get to like it even more. The game contains everything that you expect the person who wanted to take a break from games like gta. The game really good though in the long run becomes a little boring and does not contain any really cool things. My rating: 7 / 10 Expand
  64. Nov 16, 2011
    I hated the previous SR efforts but this game is worth buying. The combat system is now spot on with a robust weapons cache and decent enemy AI. Driving is much improved and almost up to the level of GTA4 though I've hit some glitches (eg vehicles going through guardrails and getting stuck in the pavement). Missions are fun, story is fun, love the character designs. My mainI hated the previous SR efforts but this game is worth buying. The combat system is now spot on with a robust weapons cache and decent enemy AI. Driving is much improved and almost up to the level of GTA4 though I've hit some glitches (eg vehicles going through guardrails and getting stuck in the pavement). Missions are fun, story is fun, love the character designs. My main disappointment is with the NPC civilians who are either slow to react or don't react to the mayhem around them. When hijacking a motorcycle with a passenger on back I would expect some sort of reaction but he just sits there quiet as I kamikaze into a wall. Fire a gun near a crowd and they just continue going about their conversations. Expand
  65. Nov 23, 2011
    One of the best games I have played this year. The games overall story is good and the characters were memorable to me. The game was so much fun that I just couldn't stop playing, I literally spent 12 hours playing the game, Some may say that's unhealthy, but the laughs and giggles I had playing this game were certainly worth it. Even though those 12 hours were mainly from playing theOne of the best games I have played this year. The games overall story is good and the characters were memorable to me. The game was so much fun that I just couldn't stop playing, I literally spent 12 hours playing the game, Some may say that's unhealthy, but the laughs and giggles I had playing this game were certainly worth it. Even though those 12 hours were mainly from playing the story missions, the story itself felt short. Quite a few missions are mainly there just to introduce you to activities. Customization is good but feels somewhat watered down from Saints row 2 and the fact that half of the clothing stores in the city are the same store with the same clothing seems a pointless. If your into over the top crazy fun, then this game is for you. Just try and space out the story missions more than I did. Expand
  66. Nov 26, 2011
    An exceptionally fun, unapologetically juvenile endeavor that serves as a healthy compliment to the severity that's been 'Shooter Season 2011'. SR: TT, comes out swinging from the beginning with some great high concept missions and dialogue that could have very easily been overtly crude (a 'la Bulletstorm) but thankfully was closer to the biting wit of GTA of old. If GTA and SR were oldAn exceptionally fun, unapologetically juvenile endeavor that serves as a healthy compliment to the severity that's been 'Shooter Season 2011'. SR: TT, comes out swinging from the beginning with some great high concept missions and dialogue that could have very easily been overtly crude (a 'la Bulletstorm) but thankfully was closer to the biting wit of GTA of old. If GTA and SR were old college buddies, GTA would be the one who got his Masters, started interning at big businesses while still partying on the side but after a few years, matured a bit and found himself the new company CEO, whereas SR would have the BFA in Fine Arts, who got a job as a tattoo artist or a stuntman, which may not be as glamorous as running a major company, but men like that do WHAT THEY WANT, WHEN THEY WANT, and SR is that 'man'. It takes maturity over its knee and spanks it with the biggest purple phallus you and I've ever seen. The character graphics and animations are a little dated, but the city is absolutely stunning, and brimming with hilarious ad work, radio stations (Adult Swim has it's own station). The game functionality provides some of the smoothest shooting and driving I've ever experienced. The controls are fantastically responsive and the 'drifting' system handles beautifully. The story is fairly simple, Saints start on top, Saints get brought down a peg, Saints don't like that, Saints kill EVERYONE. But in between are some genuinely likeable characters, my favorite among them is a pimp with a trach who speaks through an auto-tuner and a goliath named Oleg, both of who's intros alone you won't forget for some time, especially if you find yourself behind Oleg climbing stairs right after you save him (it'll make sense when you play it). The character customization system is out of this world. I can't stress enough how much I love being able to create a character with a voice who interacts in cutscenes (Mass Effect is another great example of this) And the ability to visit a plastic surgeon in game to change everything (sex included) means so far I've been an a bi-special furry, Harley Quinn, Bruce Campbell, Marv from Sin City, and Macho Man Randy Savage, why... because I can, because Saint's Row allows it. The few times this game ever 'disappointed' me were when certain elements were presented that I unfairly compared to Just Cause 2, namely the fluidity of skydiving and parachuting, In SR the free falling feels a bit more like I'm on rails but it's also not core gameplay so maybe it's not fair to compare the two. Some of the Act 2 missions can get a bit repetitive, in fact most of Act 2's character missions merely introduce you to side missions that can be found anywhere, but there's not a moment of it that isn't fun, so I'm not going to hold it against the game. In short, if you've been bouncing from one stone cold serious game to another the last few months, this is the light-hearted reprieve you've needed, and they just so happened to sneak in flawless game mechanics and a fantastic character roster to sweeten the pot. Can't recommend this game enough. Expand
  67. Dec 9, 2011
    The story is not as "serious" as Saints Row 2, it also has less content like radio stations and activities etc., but this game concentrates and perfected the most important part: The Fun!
    The missions are crazy and much more varied, the weapons are also crazier, dialogues are much more common and are way funnier compared to his predecessors.
    Graphics & Animations: Really well done, the

Graphics & Animations:
    Really well done, the graphics aren't the best a video game ever had, but it looks great especially for a sandbox title with his vibrant colors which looks great at night, though there are some bad textures here and there. The animations however are extremely smooth, especially compared to the stiff animations from SR1+2. The engine change really paid off.
    But the biggest selling points is the ability to actually play that game on the PC. It's not a crappy port SR2 was and runs smooth like butter, it also uses DX11.

Sound:
    There are some mixing problems. The music in shops are really loud and the engine sounds are too quiet, however the Soundtrack is good with a good mix of mainstream and indie.
    The game also fused the songs really well with the game. I don't want to spoil, so I'll just say, that some of the missions are so badass with those fitting music in the background, especially the last mission.
    The voice acting is also very good (apart from Angel), the main character has 7 voices and all are well done.

Controls:
    This game really excels here, I was surprised how well this game plays with keyboard and mouse, if you have an XBOX controller you can plug it in and play, though there's no option to play with a different joypad or to change the controls of it.
    The vehicle controls in an arcade style, which means you have full control of a car even with high speed. This is good news for people who hated that realistic controls from GTAIV

I give this game a 10, for the one reason that I rarely had that much fun with a game in the last decade. I played it through 2 time and a 3rd time in Co-op.

If you are a fun loving human, then this game is for you!
  68. Jan 21, 2012
    This is a nice game to rest from an everyday work. Come home after a working day and play for 2-3 hours in this fun game to relieve stress. There are no major problems with this game, like bugs, bad controls. I wouldn't recommend this game for hardcore gamers, they will find it too easy.
    This is a game you will want to play after a hard working day, because it will not make you angry cause of bugs, crashes, annoying controls, hard challenges that you can't solve.
  69. Feb 23, 2012
    This game is tons of fun and has a great deal of hilarious antics and variety. It's like GTA on steriods and stays fresh throughout the the campaign. Fun for hours!
  70. Nov 29, 2011
    Super Ethical Reality Climax Hardcore which I expect from this game! In summer, I thought that it is one more GTA-clone, but as I could see now - it's better then GTA(As for me). With all it's humor, hardcore and ethical this game I could name the Game Of The Year
  71. Nov 17, 2011
    Great game, love the style! The map isn't incredibly big but it's fun to mess about on! People complaining about DLC at the start need to get a grip. It's a game that will have DLC eventually. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
  72. Nov 25, 2011
    Perfect! I can't remember the last time that i have so much fun in a game. Of course it has crap physics, but it's not meant to be perfect, but only to be fun!
  73. Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome game!!!! This game relieves so much stress. It is one of a kind. I am playing for 5 hours now and cant get enough. Love it!!! Some people might not like it due to it not being serious but for alot of people it will make you laugh for so long. And it is sandbox type of game so it never gets boring.
  74. Nov 19, 2011
    Crazy stupid fun is about the best way to sum up Saints Row The Third. Unfortunately it just doesn't last long enough; the main story only takes about 10 hours and with 15 hours or so worth of side missions you're looking at 15-25 hours for a play through (getting 100% will take longer). The same can be said for some of the activities, while most of the them are fun, it seems that the mostCrazy stupid fun is about the best way to sum up Saints Row The Third. Unfortunately it just doesn't last long enough; the main story only takes about 10 hours and with 15 hours or so worth of side missions you're looking at 15-25 hours for a play through (getting 100% will take longer). The same can be said for some of the activities, while most of the them are fun, it seems that the most enjoyable ones (Tank Mayhem, Genkis' S.E.R.C, etc) only last about 30 seconds to 2 minutes, and the better you do the shorter these activities become; you can repeat activities for fun and profit if you want though. Shortness aside the story has a good sense of humor and never over stays its welcome while at the same time providing you with ample motivation for your actions. Characters (including your own) are interesting, and well voiced, and while there is a 'zombie' voice option I would advise going with one of the other two as the banter between your character and others is very well written. The city is fun enough to explore, and while certain areas do change as the story progresses ultimately there isn't a whole lot a variety in terms of scenery or places to go... kinda disappointing after what Rockstar did with GTA:SA on the last generation of hardware. Character customisation and progress are excellent, with running around and gun play both feeling natural and fluid. A few more weapons (melee especially) would have been nice, but you can upgrade most of them from standard pop guns into incendiary / armor piercing round firing things of beauty.

Vehicles, including planes and helicopters, all handle well and there is enough difference to make each one feel distinct; you can even mod and save your favorite rides and have them delivered to you in seconds :) Playing on the PC the game looks fairly good at max settings, runs well and apart from DX10/11 having some issues with my dual monitors I didn't experience any technical difficulties. Graphics and controls (including individual buttons for selecting each weapon) can be customized, and although the interface isn't great for a mouse and keyboard it works well enough and does what you need it to do. Control wise the only issue I had was that the action button (default E) is also used to get in and out of cars, which is fine 99% of the time, but can cause you get stuck in a car on the odd times that it is re-purposed (the most notable being when you drive into a Rim Jobs (auto shop) with notoriety (wanted level)). While it would have been nice to see more content and some longer lasting activities overall Saints Row The Third is just a damn good time and well worth checking out for anyone (like me) who was disappointed with the 'real life simulator' that was GTA IV.
  75. Nov 16, 2011
    Fun and over the top action mixed with a crazy storyline and cartoon like graphics. Count me in! However, I wasn't too thrilled to find that the game is quite short.
  76. Nov 18, 2011
    I knew before release that it would be good game but I didn't expect so great game. If you are a fan of tpp action games, its a perfect position for you. I wanted to give 11/10 for really cool character customization.
  77. Jan 29, 2013
    Best sandbox game I've ever played. This game is pure indulgence. The story was ridiculously engaging and characters interesting. It is far from a serious game but that's where all the fun comes from, definitely a cheer-up for those in low spirits! Hot chicks, buff wrestlers, cyber punks, tanks, helicopters, jets, RPGs, a giant purple **** for melee, this game never fails to surprise andBest sandbox game I've ever played. This game is pure indulgence. The story was ridiculously engaging and characters interesting. It is far from a serious game but that's where all the fun comes from, definitely a cheer-up for those in low spirits! Hot chicks, buff wrestlers, cyber punks, tanks, helicopters, jets, RPGs, a giant purple **** for melee, this game never fails to surprise and entertain. Solid gunplay too. Expand
  78. lhw
    Nov 24, 2011
    This is probably the most fun I had with a game for a very long time. The main missions are over the top action and comedy packed fun, the protagonists are all unique and unlike GTA IV you don't want to shoot them in the face. ||| Handling: I played Saints Row 2 on PC for about 20mins before I dropped it because the handling and movement was just godawful. Saints Row The Third on theThis is probably the most fun I had with a game for a very long time. The main missions are over the top action and comedy packed fun, the protagonists are all unique and unlike GTA IV you don't want to shoot them in the face. ||| Handling: I played Saints Row 2 on PC for about 20mins before I dropped it because the handling and movement was just godawful. Saints Row The Third on the other hand feels smooth and you can actually aim your weapons without annoying assistance. Driving cars is as easy as it gets. The steering is responsive and you can pretty much turn on a dime which is intended by the developers. It gives you an arcade like feeling. Planes and Helicopters on the other hand take some time to get used to. Especially if you come with a Battlefield background. ||| Graphics: It maybe doesn't look like Battlefield 3 or even GTA IV but the graphics are completely sufficient for this Open World game. The town is stylized to match the craziness of the game and contains many well structured places. ||| Story: The story is where Saints Row The Third really shines. It's so over the top that you sometimes just can't stop laughing at the absurdity. It might be a bit short but you still need about 16-18 hours to complete the whole game. Some of these missions are introductions to diversions or activities though but they are few in numbers. ||| Protagonists: The customization of your own character is a game in itself. You can modify your character in any possible way you can think of. Also in this game your are constantly surrounded by the most colorful and unique characters gaming has seen. And as said in the excerpt they are simply not annoying you but actually contributing to the atmosphere with their comical catchphrases and cursing. ||| Open World and Choices: Throughout the game you will be forced to take certain choices which give you either status bonuses or extra characters to call to your help. Except for a few they don't have a huge impact on the actual game. The world maybe not Just Cause 2 massive but it still takes some time to get around. There are a few collector items spread across the world but they only result in money and respect, the two currencies. ||| DLC: The game started with two DLC packages and a preorder bonus on the first day. These add weapons, vehicles and costumes to your arsenal but they are not game changing. The third "preorder" is a season pass to three future DLC mission packs. Which unlike stated in other reviews here are not yet completed and haven't been part of the game in the first place. ||| Conclusion: The only complaint I have about this game is that there is little to no value of playing after you have finished the missions. Completing the district takeovers doesn't really benefit you any further. There are no new crazy missions to unlock when you do and the missions resulting in the takeover may all be crazy as hell but they wear out fast. Expand
  79. Dec 8, 2011
    very funny game, graphics are surprisingly really good you can tell they took some extra time to poilish the game i haven't come across any glitches or crashes, RPG elements are really great upgrades are available for your weapons and your character and after each mission you complete you receive money that you can spend on weapons or clothes etc... (although i just run around naked ;) )very funny game, graphics are surprisingly really good you can tell they took some extra time to poilish the game i haven't come across any glitches or crashes, RPG elements are really great upgrades are available for your weapons and your character and after each mission you complete you receive money that you can spend on weapons or clothes etc... (although i just run around naked ;) ) The customization available for your character is amazing. A overall fun and addictive game, really recommend it. Expand
  80. Dec 28, 2011
    In a word: surprising. I was pleased with my purchase of this game, it shocks you in a good way. The only claim to originality this game can make is based on how ridiculus it makes things. If you want a game like GTA that throws out all basis of reality then you will enjoy SR3. I gave it a seven because I believe there was intentional pieces of the game left out to be marketed as DLC. I doIn a word: surprising. I was pleased with my purchase of this game, it shocks you in a good way. The only claim to originality this game can make is based on how ridiculus it makes things. If you want a game like GTA that throws out all basis of reality then you will enjoy SR3. I gave it a seven because I believe there was intentional pieces of the game left out to be marketed as DLC. I do have a higher level of respect for Volition, even though they don't make games like they used to (Freespace). Expand
  81. Dec 3, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third is generally a great game, there are some missions that seem too repetitive but that did not stop me from having a fantastic time with my friends on CO-OP or by myself. The only problem I have with Saints Row: The Third is the DLCs. They should have already included these DLCs for the game free of charge. There is no way I will pay for a DLC, considering the price.Saints Row: The Third is generally a great game, there are some missions that seem too repetitive but that did not stop me from having a fantastic time with my friends on CO-OP or by myself. The only problem I have with Saints Row: The Third is the DLCs. They should have already included these DLCs for the game free of charge. There is no way I will pay for a DLC, considering the price. Honestly, it's an amazing game and there is almost endless fun to be had! I'd recommend it. Expand
  82. Feb 27, 2012
    The GTA series should take pointers from this game, which is simply the fun factor. The game is so over the top and ridiculous that it is hilarious at times, and I never find video game humor to be funny. The weakness of the game comes from the graphics. They are not bad but just look pretty dated, it has the looks of a game that is 3-4 years old. The side missions are fun, some betterThe GTA series should take pointers from this game, which is simply the fun factor. The game is so over the top and ridiculous that it is hilarious at times, and I never find video game humor to be funny. The weakness of the game comes from the graphics. They are not bad but just look pretty dated, it has the looks of a game that is 3-4 years old. The side missions are fun, some better than others (the insurance fraud one is just insane). Some people may be a little turned off by the crazy amount of DLC coming out right after the release, but there is enough solid game. It does not feel like they held back anything, the DLC is just a nice option to have for future playability. Multiplayer is pretty much what you would expect, nothing much to say about it. As usuay, playing the game co-op is a great time. Overall the game is just fun and does not take itself seriously, just play it and enjoy what Saints Row the Third has to offer. Expand
  83. Jul 21, 2012
    Saints Row: the Third is a hilariously absurd action shooter that refuses to take itself seriously for fantastic comical effect. Playing similar to GTA, Saints Row 3 has worked the kinks out of its previous games to blow the GTA series out of the water. Action-packed, time and time again this game makes me laugh and feel like a total bad ass all at the same time. The game play was smooth,Saints Row: the Third is a hilariously absurd action shooter that refuses to take itself seriously for fantastic comical effect. Playing similar to GTA, Saints Row 3 has worked the kinks out of its previous games to blow the GTA series out of the water. Action-packed, time and time again this game makes me laugh and feel like a total bad ass all at the same time. The game play was smooth, although sometimes choppy AI can cause your NPC teammates to move somewhat sporadically, they prove to usually be useless to you anyways and you will kick plenty of ass on your own. The games story often takes you into absolutely ludicrous situations, but it makes it feel better that the game is willing to joke about itself, and that with a ok selection of weapons, cool vehicle and (often hilarious) character customization, Saints Row 3 proved to be well worth its cost, which surprised me for a game I had not even given a seconds notice until here. From Aerial assaults to bondage role play rickshaw gunfights (???) to bank heists, the game provides ass kicking action and comical moments in an open sandbox environment. Expand
  84. Sep 23, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third was a big surprise for me. I played the first Saints Row and didn´t like it at all, but this game is (with lack of a better word) awesome. Tons of things to do both alone and with a friend, lot´s of quests and sidequests, alot of different vehicles to drive around in and so on. I got this game 2 days ago and still enjoy it more and more for each day, iSaints Row: The Third was a big surprise for me. I played the first Saints Row and didn´t like it at all, but this game is (with lack of a better word) awesome. Tons of things to do both alone and with a friend, lot´s of quests and sidequests, alot of different vehicles to drive around in and so on. I got this game 2 days ago and still enjoy it more and more for each day, i really can´t and don´t want to stop playing it. There is just to much cool stuff to do. Expand
  85. Dec 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Volition took a great game with poor PC implementation (SR2), and turned it into a confusing mess with better PC implementation. Where to start with this mess of a game? Okay, let's get it out of the way... if all you want is to run around making noise, blowing things up, stealing and tricking out cars... then this game will be an utter blast. The mechanics of the sandbox are wonderful, and the co-op is very functional. But if you're like me, and enjoyed the surprising depth that SR2 brought to the silly setting then... read on to find out what went wrong.

*Intro mission spoilers* Half of you probably know this from the sneak peak videos that hit youtube before release, but... Gat dies. Offscreen. No drama, no fuss, just *BANG* over an intercom and he's gone. That's it. The best character of the previous games, gone, and the rest of the game treats it with as much respect as if he'd just taken a vacation or something. It just goes downhill from there. The story is disjointed, and feels like it went through several BAD rewrites, but half the developers never got the memo. You have disconnected story elements showing up that will have you searching for the missing cutscenes, and interesting characters just utterly destroyed. In the place of SR2's depth of character and legitimately dramatic storytelling, we have... *spoilers* zombies. The ending is a botched mishmash of horrible choices and character defilement. *SUPERSPOILERS* Either you sacrifice half your crew for the purpose of needless revenge against someone who isn't even a threat, or you undo everything you've worked for and go back to being substance-less media whores. Saints Row: The Third is just a horrifyingly disappointing mess. The mayhem rapidly goes sour when there's no substance to back it up. It's not even the kind of mess you can fix with DLC, since most of it is in the middle of the existing game's storyline. I was chomping at the bit to give Volition my money for this one; preordering the instant it was possible. I will not be doing the same for the inevitable SR4.
  86. Dec 14, 2011
    Truly a great game ! And like others have said before me, it's a great stress reliever :) I bought this game for Pc, because i wanted to play it at 60fps, which it does on my CG8250. Great game, great fun ! Just sit back, relax, and start slapping people with your purple ..... ;-)
  87. Jan 23, 2012
    This is so awesome.
    It's like Volition redeemed themselves after the mess they made with SR2 for PC. I mean, SR2 was very decent if you played it console but it was a messed up port on PC.
    But SR3 is a huge improvement over the predecessor. Not only visually but also the gameplay and how well optimized this is. I also like the soundtracks in this game. The graphics are much more polished
    This is so awesome.

The graphics are much more polished than SR2 and its also more colorful.
    The driving is also a big improvement in this game, it was a pain driving cars in SR2.
    I love the character customization in this game, and the fact that you can upload your model or download models made by other players.

The whored mode is also a lot of fun. There are so many things you can do in this game, i've had a hell of a lot of fun and epic laughs. :D
    The storyline might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it keeps you entertained.

My only complaint is the day 1 DLC that should have been included in the game for free, but well. That's business. I highly recommend this, its totally worth the money and it provides hundreds of hours of fun.
    I also repeat for those doubting about the optimization. Its an excellent port and runs all maxed out.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    Not much can be said about SR3 that it does not say itself. One of the major themes in the game is practically mirrored word for word from Power, a song by Kanye West; which happens to be used within the game as well.

I joined the Saints during Saints Row 2 and immediately fell in love the game game. It was the most random, crazy, and insane fun I had, had in a game ever. Even the GTA series cannot compete with SR for ridiculous shenanigans.

I have played the game for 23 hours now and have completed story with a 68% completion so there is still a lot to do. The plot line is very reminiscent of SR2 except perhaps streamlined and more focused.

In SR2 you were just out to take Stillwater for the Saints and kill everyone else. In SR3 it is more about exacting revenge and running the gangs out of Steelport; there is not as much emphasis on the gang warfare aspect, which I am sad to see. The one thing I loved most about SR2 was the whole war going on between the Saints, Ronin, Brotherhood, and the green guys (forgot their weird ass name). However SR3 makes up for that in mounds.

You start off the game playing as the MC along with Gat and Shaundi as you rob a bank as a publicity stunt for the Saints. It all goes sideways when the tellers pull out gun s and start shooting at you. The situation devolves even further then a massive Swat team shows up. After ripping the vult out of the building you nearly escape but are foiled.

This is how you are introduced to the Syndicate, a shadowy organization who owned the bank you hit. A man named Loren, a Belgian, offers to buy out the saints and let you three survive; after the predictable "go f*** yourself" from the MC he tries to kill you but Gat manages to break free and a gun fight ensues.

Oh, and I forgot to mention; we are on a plane at this point. I won't go further then that, even for a spoiler review.

A lot of the stuff from SR2 is still present in SR3; specifically the **** The voice actor this time around almost has a Captain Price kind of deep voice so at times the VO doesn't sound that good. But it is still fairly bombastic, just like SR2's **** was.

There are a few new activities: Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, Tank Mayhem, Guardian Angel, and several variations on the old activities.

My favorite has to be the PGSERC activities. They are just too crazy most of the time and it is generally easy money until you get the Hunters swarming around you; then it gets dangerous. You go around shooting mascots, evil panda signs, and Prof. Genki signs to get money. The mazes you are placed into have traps as well and there are also Brute like enemies that appear in the higher difficulties.

Tank Mayhem is Mayhem but with a tank. The original Mayhem activity is still around. Guardian Angel is where you use a sniper scope and chopper to protect one of your homies from afar. Similar to Gunship Assaults.

All of the original activities are present in SR3 however some are not done as activities anymore. For example Fuzz is now like Streaking was in SR2, it is not an activity but kind of like a sub-activity. You are given a list of goals to achieve in the Saints Book and from time to time the Fuzz producer calls you up and gives you a task to do so they can get footage.

There are random sub-missions that occur in the game at random. These range from stuff like Fuzz, to territory defense. All of the sub-activities are wave based battles where you have to survive a certain number of waves to complete the task. Assassinations are still present as well.

There are new weapons to be found as well as new vehicles but I will not do into those, not enough room to discuss them.

Some things I hate about SR3:

Instead of having special icons for gang notoriety like in SR2 we now have pink stars.

Brutes can easily overwhelm you if there are two of them and keep you on the ground till you die.

Only strongholds are customizable and there are only three of them that can only be gotten through the story missions. The old stronghold system from SR2 is gone.

Stag tanks do too much damage with their laser cannons, even upgraded with most of the health and damage upgrades they still can kill you in a matter of seconds.

Bike driving mechanics are too sensitive most of the time.

Can't customize aircraft, yet.

Things I like:

Giant purple **** sword/club

New awesome weapons and vehicles

Strongholds now give you bonuses to your Rep and monetary gain
    Upgrade System Adult Swim radio channel Massive amount of references to other movies, games, and TV shows Funny as hell **** voice overs This game is as much fun, if not more, as SR2 was to play.
  89. Nov 17, 2011
    I'll start off by saying this is a great game. It fully lived up to my expectations from playing Saints Row 2 previously. The game improves on several flaws from the last game. The driving mechanics are much better. Not exactly what I'd call realistic, but I consider that a good thing as driving in SR3 allows you to easily weave through traffic and drift corners like a pro the first timeI'll start off by saying this is a great game. It fully lived up to my expectations from playing Saints Row 2 previously. The game improves on several flaws from the last game. The driving mechanics are much better. Not exactly what I'd call realistic, but I consider that a good thing as driving in SR3 allows you to easily weave through traffic and drift corners like a pro the first time you try. The streets are nice and wide and there are large gaps between cars in lanes as well, which makes for a great driving environment.
    While I'm on the subject of vehicles, SR3 has a very satisfying selection of cars, trucks, and commercial vehicles. When you store a vehicle in your garage (which so far as I can tell has infinite slots) you always have it, even if you take it out and blows it up, you can still go back and retrieve it. There is some car customization, and while it's not as much as a car nut like me would enjoy, it's nice, and includes durability and performance upgrades as well as looks. It is fairly easy to get access to special vehicles. Get your wanted level up high enough and it's easy to jack a tank, humvee with turret, and APC from the military and store them in your garage. Fairly early on in the game you get access to a gunship helicopter, and that's just a start.
    Also, unlike SR2 in which you had to get "respect" by doing mini games/side activities to be allowed to complete missions, respect points now only unlock upgrades for you and your gang. No more having to spend an hour doing a mini game you've spent hours on already just to get to the next mission!
    The weapon selection is very good as well. It has the basics (pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, SMGs, sniper, RPGs), the somewhat odd (laser rifles, **** bats, gun that gives you remote control of any vehicle you shoot with it) and even some extremely odd ones, such as a Mollusk Launcher that shoots mind controlling octopuses at enemies to make them fight for you.
    Guns are upgradable, usually starting off with predictable things such as larger clips, more shots per burst, with the last weapon upgrade usually being something more special, such as the SMG that shoots incendiary rounds.
    The missions start off great, with lots of different combat environments and explosions. After that it enters a somewhat more dull period where you do a dozen missions or so that are really just introducing you to a mini game/ side activity. It does start to pick up again after that, however, so don't give up.

I have very few issues with the game, but here they are: As many others have said, the city doesn't feel as "alive" as GTA IV. Less people on the sidewalks, and less detail. Not a huge issue but worth noting. DLC on day one pisses everyone off. If you have the content at launch it should be in the game, or at the least a pre-order bonus. Enemy AI is dumb. Really dumb. It's not like I bought the game for challenging combat, but it'd be nice if they were at least a little more intelligent. All in all, a very fun game with a wacky sense of humor. Everything is upbeat and colorful, with amusing characters. Minor flaws but what game is truly perfect?
  90. Feb 25, 2012
    I was excited for a ton of games in 2011, Battlefield 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Batman: Arkham City, but I've never known about Saints Row: The Third until I heard about it through a friend. Curious, I picked it up and immediately loved the fun and randomness of this game.

I've heard about the Saints Row series before, and I always assumed it was a GTA clone, but boy I was heavily wrong, this game only 'like' GTA, but on crack. The customization and wackiness of this game is over the top, and the story was pretty good, actually.

I've bought a ton of DLC packs just to add to my gameplay experience, the clothes, weapon additions, and missions are unique, the missions are short however, but they are still fun fun fun.

Might I mention this game is just a blast playing COOP with a friend.

Other words, if you want a over the top experience, get this game, you'll have a blast, especially with friends!
  91. Dec 31, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is basically GTA IV taken to the extreme, in a good way. This is one of the most fun games you can play, because there are just no limits to its madness. Hit people with giant **** in place of a baseball bat. Shoot people while stark naked. The gameplay itself is good fun, but gets old a bit too quickly. Thankfully, the variety of missions mean that you are never bored whileSaints Row 3 is basically GTA IV taken to the extreme, in a good way. This is one of the most fun games you can play, because there are just no limits to its madness. Hit people with giant **** in place of a baseball bat. Shoot people while stark naked. The gameplay itself is good fun, but gets old a bit too quickly. Thankfully, the variety of missions mean that you are never bored while playing through the campaign. It's even got zombies in it. And Burt Reynolds. And zombies combined with Burt Reynolds.
    The customisation is done well, with a wide variety of clothes and car mods for all sorts of details, right up to the colour of your underwear and the wing mirror shape of a lorry.
    Voice acting is class, the shooting mechanics are decent enough (and good fun when you are given infinite ammo in missions) and the graphics are okay too.
    Where the game is let down, however, is the side missions. This is an open world game with hundreds of side missions, but they are boring as hell. The TRON one looks cool, then gets annoying after the first 20 seconds. The helicopter missions are too predictable, and the tiger escort ones are just plain nonsense. Having a tiger in your car is a fun concept no doubt, but it is hopelessly ruined when you have no idea what you're meant to be doing and the mechanics do not work.
    There is a serious lack of multiplayer where there is great potential, and Whored Mode is tiresome (though in fairness, that is the point of it).
    In one line, the game is absurdly fun and should be experienced by everyone because of its extremity, but it simply does not last.
  92. Dec 30, 2011
    The game was really fun and funny. That's until you complete the main story. I beat the game about a month back and haven't played it since. Co-op with a friend is fun but can become boring. I hate to say this but I find GTA 4's multiplayer much more fun, but not GTA 4's story line fun or interesting. Would I recommend the game to a friend? Yes, but I would tell him/her the cons and prosThe game was really fun and funny. That's until you complete the main story. I beat the game about a month back and haven't played it since. Co-op with a friend is fun but can become boring. I hate to say this but I find GTA 4's multiplayer much more fun, but not GTA 4's story line fun or interesting. Would I recommend the game to a friend? Yes, but I would tell him/her the cons and pros and tell that person maybe to watch a video or two and see what they think. Expand
  93. Dec 13, 2011
    I bought this game after seeing that you can do a lot of fun things in it on trailers and reviews. However, I don't understand why this game is being given a good review. Its a fun game, sure but not a great game. Its average at best because you are forced to play through missions that would be considered side missions in any other franchise. Why do I have to do the same repetitive missionI bought this game after seeing that you can do a lot of fun things in it on trailers and reviews. However, I don't understand why this game is being given a good review. Its a fun game, sure but not a great game. Its average at best because you are forced to play through missions that would be considered side missions in any other franchise. Why do I have to do the same repetitive mission over and over to progress a storyline? Therefore, my score on this game has nothing to do with its story but instead its fun factor (as in blowing stuff up, driving around, etc.). Expand
  94. Mar 6, 2012
    Saint Row 3 is just amazing and much more as ridiculous action and a variety of ways to play it. The Volition Developer Team pushed the boundaries for this genre to a new level. Looking forward for Saint Row 4.
  95. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is just .... well You have to play it ! If You like dark humour - this is the game for You! And You know what i even like it more then GTA - for real - I laugh all the time while playing that game. This Holiday season is so generous for us gamers ! 10/10
  96. Nov 18, 2011
    Pure FUN! I have played the GTA games but never played a Saints Row game until now. All I can say is that this takes what GTA brought and takes it over the top...WAY OVER! Nearly every mission, side mission that I have done was just plain fun. I don't have a complaint in any part of this game save one...this game is rated M and has ZERO nudity...which makes no sense whatsoever. This isPure FUN! I have played the GTA games but never played a Saints Row game until now. All I can say is that this takes what GTA brought and takes it over the top...WAY OVER! Nearly every mission, side mission that I have done was just plain fun. I don't have a complaint in any part of this game save one...this game is rated M and has ZERO nudity...which makes no sense whatsoever. This is an adult game...give me some adult content. Expand
  97. Aug 29, 2013
    I was not entirely sure what the heck I was playing. Tried to play it twice, but none of it made any sense at all. Nothing in this game is at all realistic. Steer clear of this time-waster.
  98. Nov 20, 2011
    Besides the DLC scandal with every game coming out these days, this game is awesome in its own way. It is way over the top, has a lot of cool new features to saints row fans(minus taking away a few) and runs GREAT on PC the first day . Does NOT feel like a port.
  99. Nov 22, 2011
    I found this to be very fun game, despite being one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen, well ever. It's fairly short which is a pretty big gripe of mine, also gang customization feels limited, well if you want them to look cool, depending on your definition.

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.