Saints Row: The Third PC

8.1

1. Feb 16, 2012
    I'll say it now. I took issue with saints row 2. Even excluding the pc version which I would objectively give a 1/10 due to being flatout broken. It never managed to be fun for me. And yeah, in this specific case it was a the sum of it's negative parts. The gunplay never felt good, the driving felt wrong somehow, the minigames, while creative felt like some poor budget game. The aestheticsI'll say it now. I took issue with saints row 2. Even excluding the pc version which I would objectively give a 1/10 due to being flatout broken. It never managed to be fun for me. And yeah, in this specific case it was a the sum of it's negative parts. The gunplay never felt good, the driving felt wrong somehow, the minigames, while creative felt like some poor budget game. The aesthetics where so bad they where flatout broken, nothing was lit, everything was sickening. Under all these elements that I hated about saints row 2, was some potential. It has a **** of side content, most of which was insane. And it has some great storyline missions. Saints row 3 reduces side content, one of the major draws of the average original. So does that make it worse then? Not at ALL. The game looks great, runs great, feels like a game, instead of cardboard boxes moving around. Now while the actual content is less diverse, and this is about 1/3rd the size and diversity of saints row 2 - it's a FAR better game. Mechanics, the feel of controls, all these things do matter. The presentation matters. And while I would certainly prefer saints row 3 to have the content of saints row 2 - I actually completed saints row 3. Whereas I feel phisically ill every time I play 2. These little details add up. It's also got more of a tone than saints row 2. It's own sense of style that separates it from everything else. It does insanity better, it takes that extra step towards being it's own entity. In the end, I think saints row 3 is a fantastic game that is too short. Whereas saints row 2 is a absolutely terrible game that is very long. Hopefully saints row 4 can have a lot of content, while keeping the style and feel of 3. That would be a 9/10 right there. Expand
  2. Dec 24, 2011
    It's a pretty fun, and funny game. There are a lot of quirky and hilarious things that you can do. However, those side missions you have to do over and over again are so boring. Also, what is my motivation for taking back the city? I can already do whatever I want, whenever I want. Coop is fun, and sandbox is fun, but the story is just a turd sandwich. It would be like if mario, instead ofIt's a pretty fun, and funny game. There are a lot of quirky and hilarious things that you can do. However, those side missions you have to do over and over again are so boring. Also, what is my motivation for taking back the city? I can already do whatever I want, whenever I want. Coop is fun, and sandbox is fun, but the story is just a turd sandwich. It would be like if mario, instead of getting stars in the new games, had to rescue the princess in every single level (Yah I know it almost used to be like that). Developers, if you are out there, just go post on any message board, anywhere on the net, and ask what the next plot should be for number 4. No one will suggest they lose city and have to take it back...yet again.' I know what you all are thinking (talking to you gamers now) - 'it's saints row, the story doesn't matter!' Well, then don't have one. Or, if you're going to have one, make it good. Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is basically Saints Row 2 but slightly (just slightly) worse in any of its elements: there's less variety of pedetrians, less character customisation, the storyline is shorter and at some points trying too hard to be ridiculous (but not even that much considering how I stayed away from this game for a while because I thought they were just "exaggerating" too much), they removedThis game is basically Saints Row 2 but slightly (just slightly) worse in any of its elements: there's less variety of pedetrians, less character customisation, the storyline is shorter and at some points trying too hard to be ridiculous (but not even that much considering how I stayed away from this game for a while because I thought they were just "exaggerating" too much), they removed one or two modes in exchange for more generic ones, and the thing that bugged me the most was, no matter how fitting with the theme of starting out as the affirmed gangster you left as at the end of SR2, that you have insanely powerful things right from the beginning of the game: I'm not talking about the fact that you get the laptop thingie to bombard stuff, since it doesn't even give you that much ammo, I'm talking about the fact that WITHOUT unlocking things from the various minigames/modes, I found myself doing missions such as "hey, we gotta get that helicopter to do this mission, I asked some favors to get it, it's located here" and I went there to get the helicopter... with a better, faster, well-armed helicopter I had in my garage. And this is just one example.

HOWEVER, and I can't stress this enough, this game's little flaws much to my surprise were totally, TOTALLY redeemed by the multiplayer. It worked surprisingly well (with some lag when using cars, sure) and it's... just, it's tons of fun! Since I stopped playing GTA I always wished for something similar that would let me play a sandbox as it is, BUT with more people, and this did exactly that, and has everything from minigames to other modes to actual storyline missions, fixed in a neat way for multiplayer use. Saints Row 2 just had those awfully specific modes that allowed you to play online: those were still fun, but just imagine what you can do together in the actual game!

Overall, the flaws I mentioned might be because of allowing the multiplayer to run smoothly, I'm not sure about that actually, I think they could have just copy-pasted the stuff from SR2 and I would have been happy, and the flaw I found the most annoying (the "you get overpowered things right away" flaw) has its own reasons: the game is trying to skip the phase in which you farm/wait for the awesome stuff by trying and being "awesome" right from the start. I think this can be either liked or disliked by people as an approach, you can think "cut to the chase" or "I don't want stuff like farming" and still sound reasonable, however to me it just looks a lot like de-valuing things and not making me earn them, although again this flaw doesn't apply to everything: the good powerups take quite a lot of money to unlock. Speaking of which the powerup interface and some of the powerups look/sound confusing?
  4. Mar 15, 2012
    There isn't much of interest beyond the main singleplayer campaign, but what a blast that it! Saints Row the Third features about 15 hours of craziness and over the top action that I expect will bring many a smile to even the most cynical gamer out there.
  5. Jan 2, 2013
    Si te gusta el GTA IV y el humor políticamente incorrecto, no dudes en hacerte con este juego.

Tal vez, y como pasa con el GTA IV, la mecánica de misiones puede hacerse un poco repetitiva.
  6. Feb 17, 2013
    The third entry of the Saints Row series, while fun, holds the player's hand a bit too much and reduces the majority of missions to simple tutorials and mini-games. Fans of the previous two installments will also be disappointed to find out that Volition really didn't do much to advance the plot. That said, let's hope Saints Row 4 focuses more on the protagonist tracking down Dex.
  7. Jan 4, 2013
    It is fun at times. But it is full of bugs, glitches, and questionable design choices. There is plenty of childish humor present, but i never really found it to be too amusing. Coop is fun for a little while, but quickly becomes frustrating as the game constantly has to confirm your choices with your partner which makes getting things done mission-wise, a chore. There is a great deal ofIt is fun at times. But it is full of bugs, glitches, and questionable design choices. There is plenty of childish humor present, but i never really found it to be too amusing. Coop is fun for a little while, but quickly becomes frustrating as the game constantly has to confirm your choices with your partner which makes getting things done mission-wise, a chore. There is a great deal of freedom and plenty of player and weapon upgrades to keep you having sense of progression. Definitely watch some videos and get other opinions before purchasing. Expand
  8. Apr 13, 2013
    As a sandbox game Saints rows the third does a lot of things right. You can customize your vehicles, body, hairstyle, crew, clothes etc which is a load of fun. There are businesses and apartments that you can buy that accumulate money for you. You can drive cars, boats, helicopters and airplanes and there are a number of activities in the city that you can do. Everything is not perfectAs a sandbox game Saints rows the third does a lot of things right. You can customize your vehicles, body, hairstyle, crew, clothes etc which is a load of fun. There are businesses and apartments that you can buy that accumulate money for you. You can drive cars, boats, helicopters and airplanes and there are a number of activities in the city that you can do. Everything is not perfect though. The vehicle handling feels extremely arcady which might really piss off some people. The helicopters and airplanes in particularly feels a bit strange. The side missions are very limited and they get repetitive really fast. There are some cool ideas (i love the insurance scam idea) but the number of different side missions are just to few and some of them are not interesting at all. And there aren't any races in the game at all which is really disappointing. The combat in the game is alright. There are plenty of fun melee moves and the weapon variety is good enough. The lack of recoil makes the gunplay quite boring though and the enemies arent all that fun to fight because of the simple AI. Some larger enemies in the game are basically giant shooting bullet sponges and they aren't all that fun to fight.

The main campaign in the game is interesting. It is totally crazy and it never really settles down. The problem with this is that it loses the momentum of all the crazy since they keep throwing it at you all the time. That it not to say that i didn't enjoy how crazy the campaign was and it is certainly varied enough. The story though is pretty bland and it lacks interesting and likable characters which is a shame. I might sound really negative here but i had an alright time with the game. It took me around 15 hours to beat the campaign and the majority of side missions in the game which is a bit on the short side for a sandbox game. Especially so since most of the content aint all that great. The game doesn't really excel at anything which i wouldn't have had a problem with if the game had a massive amount of varied content. That is not however the case and in the end Saints Row the third is a pretty average sandbox game.
  9. Nov 29, 2012
    The game is action packed and full of crazy and insane weapons, punches, clothing and other stuff. The storyline is probably one of the worst ever; it is full of awesome gunfights, but it doesn't make ANY sense, not even for a SR game. The carmodels could be better, but the helicopters and tanks are pretty cool ;) Long story short: if you don't mind the storyline and the hidious carmodels,The game is action packed and full of crazy and insane weapons, punches, clothing and other stuff. The storyline is probably one of the worst ever; it is full of awesome gunfights, but it doesn't make ANY sense, not even for a SR game. The carmodels could be better, but the helicopters and tanks are pretty cool ;) Long story short: if you don't mind the storyline and the hidious carmodels, this game is very good. Expand
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    "Saints Row: The Third" is an over the top free roaming game that gives you an arsenal of weapons and vehicles to cause mayhem in the rather big gaming world, but its lack of detail and varying content make this otherwise enjoyable title nothing but a minor bit of co op fun
  11. Mar 29, 2013
    Ce jeux aurait pu être vraiment pas mal avec une meilleur finition... trop de "détail" énervant qui gâche soit l'histoire, soit la jouabilité. Dommage mais GTA IV était bien mieux peaufiné bien que carrément moins beau graphiquement.
  12. May 25, 2013
    Saint's row 3 was a disappointment for me. After the great second part of the series that introduced a less-serious approach than the Gta antagonists in this genre, i was expecting a continuation of the same level of quality while keeping the funny part.
    However the developers made this game more like a joke, filled with sexist jokes and not that much fun. it degenerated both in the humor part and in the serious approaches the second part had.
    The plot was also completely out of order, the opponent gangs seemed less interesting than before.

I found myself smiling with the satire 3-4 times the whole game.

Stillport is way inferior than Stillwater both in design and in the general feeling except in the casinos district).

Graphics and soundtrack are in good levels.

The new mini boss battles with the brutes are also a quite good add.

Customization is a little bit too much, yet still above the most opposition in the market.

Saint's row 2 mini-games have now become part of the main mission. The biggest foul in my opinion.

Shandy feels idiotic and less hot, Zimos was funny and the only character i liked in this game.

Choices in game are vain and don't have actual impact on the story except in the last mission ).
    In general while the game has its fun and cannot be considered bad in any case,to me it feels like a worse version of the second, that while it evolved in customization and graphics it went quite a few steps back in the story and satire sections.
  13. May 31, 2013
    I have played the other games in the series for countless hours (ATLEAST over 500 hours combined!) and i have played the gta series since vice city and i can honestly say that this game was a dissapointment! I REALLY enjoyed the saints row series up-till this game. It was the wacky open-world sandbox game that i would play whenever i just wanted pure FUN. But the thing that made themI have played the other games in the series for countless hours (ATLEAST over 500 hours combined!) and i have played the gta series since vice city and i can honestly say that this game was a dissapointment! I REALLY enjoyed the saints row series up-till this game. It was the wacky open-world sandbox game that i would play whenever i just wanted pure FUN. But the thing that made them differ from OK to AMAZING was their attention to detail. They shared this with Rockstar. There would be pedestrians jogging, eating burgers, reading newspapers, sleeping at benches in the park and puking after a hard night of alcohol. There was easter-eggs EVERYWHERE and you never felt you had explored it all. THIS was what made it so much fun to just make chaos in the city, it felt ALIVE and well put-together. The story was also AMAZING! It had all the wacky humor and over-the-top action that you would not see anywhere else but it also had HEART! And DEPHT. It wasn't all fart-jokes (alot, but not ALL OF IT). There were heart-stopping scenes that would make your hairs rise on your back. It was AWESOME and HAD to be replayed. The third on the other hand ABANDENS all of this! It has lost it's heart and depht in exchange for more fart-jokes and sex-jokes. It also lost all the easter-eggs and the varied world. There were also no longer any action amongst the pedestrians and if there were it was HIGHLY scripted and LOCKED to one spessific point making the world feel even more DEAD than it already feels. The crazy weapons are nice and makes the game fun FOR A WHILE but they are so OVERPOWERED and scripted that it looses it's fun quite fast. The story is also and only serve as a way to take you from one over-the-top scene to the next. This makes it feel empty unlike it's predesessors witch actually wanted to tell a GREAT story amongst all the chaos. The action also looses it's touch after a while because when EVERYTHING is over-the-top then NOTHING is over-the-top. It's ALL normal inside the game. The first two games (especially the secound one) made sure to have little breaks in-between the over-the-top missions to make sure that when one of those popped up you REALLY felt it. The multiplayer was also gone witch I and quite a few other fans of the series REALLY enjoyed! They said they wanted to put more time into perfecting the co-op witch was since there is nothing special about the co-op. No custom cut-scenes and no exclusive co-op features. It just single-player with a friend and since they CUT the muliplayer in change of this you would think it would be something more than that. So to conclude i will say i had fun playing the game. It WAS a fun experience for a while, but then i started to see how empty and mindless it realy was. When you reach max level you are invinible, have unlimited ammo and you never have to reload. It's STUPID easy and is not fun anymore. You can also avoid the cops by simple walking into ANY of your buisnisses witch makes the cops and gangs just a big JOKE. There is no THREAT you have to think about while shooting people. And that takes away ANY challange and later all the remaining FUN in the game. There is also so few enterable buildings in the game it's just pathetic compared to even the FIRST GAME! The open-world in a game like this is like it's own character and the one in saints row the third is empty and uninteresting. I played it for 35 hours and went back to saints row 2 for my fift playthrough, it's just as fun as the first unlike this game witch ends up being uninteresting in comparason even on a secound playtrough. And now it seems like the fourth will be THE SAME game with even more CRAZY stuff and moving EVEN FURTHER away from the charm and heart of the secound game. They it up and is now destined to be a one-time playit and sellit game. Expand
  14. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is definitely comparable to and inspired by the GTA series, but do not think it is a cloned experience. The third manages to take the genre and inject its own unique style into it. Saints Row does not take itself as seriously as it's GTA predecessor, creating a wild and often hysterical world to explore. Much of the story is over the top and I find it a refreshing change from theThis game is definitely comparable to and inspired by the GTA series, but do not think it is a cloned experience. The third manages to take the genre and inject its own unique style into it. Saints Row does not take itself as seriously as it's GTA predecessor, creating a wild and often hysterical world to explore. Much of the story is over the top and I find it a refreshing change from the GTA series. I hope to try the next one out. Despite its entertainment level, I can definitely complain about the size of the game, expecting a gta sized game, I was rather shocked to find myself at the end of the game in only about 30 hours. GTA games usually take some time commitment to beat. Expand
  15. Nov 28, 2011
    The game really good, with many interesting ideas. Funny missions, cool climate and interesting conversations, videos. If someone liked the previous parts of this get to like it even more. The game contains everything that you expect the person who wanted to take a break from games like gta. The game really good though in the long run becomes a little boring and does not contain any reallyThe game really good, with many interesting ideas. Funny missions, cool climate and interesting conversations, videos. If someone liked the previous parts of this get to like it even more. The game contains everything that you expect the person who wanted to take a break from games like gta. The game really good though in the long run becomes a little boring and does not contain any really cool things. My rating: 7 / 10 Expand
  16. Dec 28, 2011
    In a word: surprising. I was pleased with my purchase of this game, it shocks you in a good way. The only claim to originality this game can make is based on how ridiculus it makes things. If you want a game like GTA that throws out all basis of reality then you will enjoy SR3. I gave it a seven because I believe there was intentional pieces of the game left out to be marketed as DLC. I doIn a word: surprising. I was pleased with my purchase of this game, it shocks you in a good way. The only claim to originality this game can make is based on how ridiculus it makes things. If you want a game like GTA that throws out all basis of reality then you will enjoy SR3. I gave it a seven because I believe there was intentional pieces of the game left out to be marketed as DLC. I do have a higher level of respect for Volition, even though they don't make games like they used to (Freespace). Expand
  17. Dec 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Volition took a great game with poor PC implementation (SR2), and turned it into a confusing mess with better PC implementation. Where to start with this mess of a game? Okay, let's get it out of the way... if all you want is to run around making noise, blowing things up, stealing and tricking out cars... then this game will be an utter blast. The mechanics of the sandbox are wonderful, and the co-op is very functional. But if you're like me, and enjoyed the surprising depth that SR2 brought to the silly setting then... read on to find out what went wrong.

*Intro mission spoilers* Half of you probably know this from the sneak peak videos that hit youtube before release, but... Gat dies. Offscreen. No drama, no fuss, just *BANG* over an intercom and he's gone. That's it. The best character of the previous games, gone, and the rest of the game treats it with as much respect as if he'd just taken a vacation or something. It just goes downhill from there. The story is disjointed, and feels like it went through several BAD rewrites, but half the developers never got the memo. You have disconnected story elements showing up that will have you searching for the missing cutscenes, and interesting characters just utterly destroyed. In the place of SR2's depth of character and legitimately dramatic storytelling, we have... *spoilers* zombies. The ending is a botched mishmash of horrible choices and character defilement. *SUPERSPOILERS* Either you sacrifice half your crew for the purpose of needless revenge against someone who isn't even a threat, or you undo everything you've worked for and go back to being substance-less media whores. Saints Row: The Third is just a horrifyingly disappointing mess. The mayhem rapidly goes sour when there's no substance to back it up. It's not even the kind of mess you can fix with DLC, since most of it is in the middle of the existing game's storyline. I was chomping at the bit to give Volition my money for this one; preordering the instant it was possible. I will not be doing the same for the inevitable SR4.
  18. Dec 31, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is basically GTA IV taken to the extreme, in a good way. This is one of the most fun games you can play, because there are just no limits to its madness. Hit people with giant **** in place of a baseball bat. Shoot people while stark naked. The gameplay itself is good fun, but gets old a bit too quickly. Thankfully, the variety of missions mean that you are never bored whileSaints Row 3 is basically GTA IV taken to the extreme, in a good way. This is one of the most fun games you can play, because there are just no limits to its madness. Hit people with giant **** in place of a baseball bat. Shoot people while stark naked. The gameplay itself is good fun, but gets old a bit too quickly. Thankfully, the variety of missions mean that you are never bored while playing through the campaign. It's even got zombies in it. And Burt Reynolds. And zombies combined with Burt Reynolds.
    The customisation is done well, with a wide variety of clothes and car mods for all sorts of details, right up to the colour of your underwear and the wing mirror shape of a lorry.
    Voice acting is class, the shooting mechanics are decent enough (and good fun when you are given infinite ammo in missions) and the graphics are okay too.
    Where the game is let down, however, is the side missions. This is an open world game with hundreds of side missions, but they are boring as hell. The TRON one looks cool, then gets annoying after the first 20 seconds. The helicopter missions are too predictable, and the tiger escort ones are just plain nonsense. Having a tiger in your car is a fun concept no doubt, but it is hopelessly ruined when you have no idea what you're meant to be doing and the mechanics do not work.
    There is a serious lack of multiplayer where there is great potential, and Whored Mode is tiresome (though in fairness, that is the point of it).
    In one line, the game is absurdly fun and should be experienced by everyone because of its extremity, but it simply does not last.
  19. Dec 30, 2011
    The game was really fun and funny. That's until you complete the main story. I beat the game about a month back and haven't played it since. Co-op with a friend is fun but can become boring. I hate to say this but I find GTA 4's multiplayer much more fun, but not GTA 4's story line fun or interesting. Would I recommend the game to a friend? Yes, but I would tell him/her the cons and prosThe game was really fun and funny. That's until you complete the main story. I beat the game about a month back and haven't played it since. Co-op with a friend is fun but can become boring. I hate to say this but I find GTA 4's multiplayer much more fun, but not GTA 4's story line fun or interesting. Would I recommend the game to a friend? Yes, but I would tell him/her the cons and pros and tell that person maybe to watch a video or two and see what they think. Expand
  20. Dec 13, 2011
    I bought this game after seeing that you can do a lot of fun things in it on trailers and reviews. However, I don't understand why this game is being given a good review. Its a fun game, sure but not a great game. Its average at best because you are forced to play through missions that would be considered side missions in any other franchise. Why do I have to do the same repetitive missionI bought this game after seeing that you can do a lot of fun things in it on trailers and reviews. However, I don't understand why this game is being given a good review. Its a fun game, sure but not a great game. Its average at best because you are forced to play through missions that would be considered side missions in any other franchise. Why do I have to do the same repetitive mission over and over to progress a storyline? Therefore, my score on this game has nothing to do with its story but instead its fun factor (as in blowing stuff up, driving around, etc.). Expand
  21. Jan 16, 2013
    Great game for pc. I was lucky to buy this game on the pc before I tried the xbox. The pc version destroy's xbox in everyway. The game is definitely build controller in mind but the pc controls are amazing. Scrolling through the weapons makes it easier to switch weapons. If you are debating whether to go pc or console, go pc.
  22. Feb 26, 2012
    It's a good game, but still very bug prone and competes against GTA (and does an okay job at). I bought it think it would be one of those "addicting" open "sandbox" type games, but it really isn't. The only good thing about the game is the fact that it is offensive, and it likes that. Want to run around beating people up with a very large **** Go for it. The mechanics are good on the PC,It's a good game, but still very bug prone and competes against GTA (and does an okay job at). I bought it think it would be one of those "addicting" open "sandbox" type games, but it really isn't. The only good thing about the game is the fact that it is offensive, and it likes that. Want to run around beating people up with a very large **** Go for it. The mechanics are good on the PC, but it lacks connectivity. Side missions and objectives only help to take over areas, gives you money, and buy buildings/stores, but do nothing to help you in the main story line. The co-op feature is cool, but is very limited. You can do things, but whoever hosts the game with always be the "Player 1" and in certain situations is not the best of idea. If you get it for anything, get it for the co-op, cause that's what it's only good for. Expand
  23. Jan 8, 2013
    Could be a fun game if constant crashing didn't complete negate any potential fun. I have about 28 hours clocked and I've crashed over 30 times. I've tried every fix on the internet and still to no avail. Aside from the crashing. The game is still LOADED with bugs. From frustrating missions, to mechanical faults, the game seems to give you more frustration than what limited amount of funCould be a fun game if constant crashing didn't complete negate any potential fun. I have about 28 hours clocked and I've crashed over 30 times. I've tried every fix on the internet and still to no avail. Aside from the crashing. The game is still LOADED with bugs. From frustrating missions, to mechanical faults, the game seems to give you more frustration than what limited amount of fun you can get from the main story, because after you finish the 10 hours or so story, it's just the same small mini-games over and over, and that's your after game content. I'd ONLY recommend it if you can pick it up for dirt cheap. Expand
  24. May 13, 2013
    Saints Row 3 is fun enough, and I enjoyed the customization and the humor. I think there's a problem with pacing however, as every mission tries to one up the previous ones, and they all boil down to basically the same thing go here, shoot people, go somewhere else. There's really no reason to go around and do all the activities unless you're a completionist, and the world doesn'tSaints Row 3 is fun enough, and I enjoyed the customization and the humor. I think there's a problem with pacing however, as every mission tries to one up the previous ones, and they all boil down to basically the same thing go here, shoot people, go somewhere else. There's really no reason to go around and do all the activities unless you're a completionist, and the world doesn't really feel alive. Only get this if it's at a steep discount. Expand
  25. Dec 25, 2011
    I cannot consider this a good game based on the story. You will probably do the first mission, play around with some fun weapons, get a coop friend, let him know about the fun weapons, blow up everythinh on the city, kill everyone. Then, you will search for cheats, you will get tired of it, and youll never touch the game again.

Heres the point: Campaign mode is basically useless, because

Heres the point: Campaign mode is basically useless, because its not as fun as doing what i mencioned above. They made that more fun than the campaign, which totally blows the point of making this game.
  26. Nov 11, 2012
    This game needs a better plot. I paid attention to the scenes, but they were not well connected and interesting. It is a good action game, but the side missions are boring.
  27. Jul 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (I played this game directly after the second, and therefore will be using some comparisons between elements of both games)
    Saints Row: The Third seemed very interesting to me after I had played the second game, as I was in the mood for more of the over the top and silly nature of Saints Row. To start, the story in this game was pretty much as expected from how the last one ended, but this time putting you against a Syndicate of three different "Gangs", in a way, this game felt like a step back because you could not do these missions in the sort of order you wanted to, and the gangs just seem to blend into one as you cannot pick them off the way you choose and have to follow a specific order. The vehicles in this game are even more bizarre than the last one, you have the cars you would expect to see driving around, but you can also get military grade jets with powerful guns, a tank designed in old style wireframe and many more as the missions go on, however, this time the radio I feel did not include as many songs which I recognised or regarded as something I wanted to hear as often as I did while getting different vehicles and such, whereas the second game had a fantastic selection for the radio of songs I could just stop the car and listen to, as opposed to disabling the radio completely. In this game, you are FORCED to play the side missions, whether you like it or not at least once when doing "Story" missions, such as the escorts, which I feel was a bad idea to try and extend the overall experience as I would do the side missions if I liked for more Rep, at least in SR2 you had a choice to do them, if you didn't you could have done other things which, granted, may have taken more time, but you still had the option to avoid them completely. This didn't help the game in my opinion because it won't let me progress if I don't perform the side quests which I found boring in the last game. To conclude, there was a lot of humor and fun missions, but it just overall felt like it took a step back from Saints Row 2, over the thirteen hours it took me to complete the game (Fifteen if you include the dull DLCs) I just felt like it could have been so much more if it had fleshed out each gang more and given me free reign back to finish them off the way I wanted to, and been a few hours longer like the previous game. Despite this, it was still a great experience, if you can find it at a decent price and enjoyed the second, you may find this better than I did, I've heard from some that this is their favourite, but for me, it simply didn't surpass SR2.
  28. Aug 9, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. It was quirky, amusing, funny, and most importantly, it was fun. Its story won't blow your mind, the graphics due the game justice, and the gameplay works with mouse + keyboard well, or a gamepad. Unfortunately, there is no competitive online multiplayer. The only option is 2-player co-op, which makes the game much more fun than playing alone, but it had theI really enjoyed this game. It was quirky, amusing, funny, and most importantly, it was fun. Its story won't blow your mind, the graphics due the game justice, and the gameplay works with mouse + keyboard well, or a gamepad. Unfortunately, there is no competitive online multiplayer. The only option is 2-player co-op, which makes the game much more fun than playing alone, but it had the potential for awesome 16-player posse's and pulling huge crime jobs and other things that would shine with large amounts of real players. With the lack of any real replayability in the multiplayer, there isn't much to go back to upon completion. Still a fantastic game, however. Expand
  29. Jun 6, 2013
    GTA on cheats with very unrealistic gameplay. Where I enjoyed some parts of game like graphic, few minigames, fun moments and co-op, other just made it unfunny and stupid. Game was mainly designed for kids and teenagers: zombies here, laz0rs- here, stupid asianlike killing minigame here, cheats renamed as abilities here, unrealistic as hell ending here. As fan of SR2 I still will sayGTA on cheats with very unrealistic gameplay. Where I enjoyed some parts of game like graphic, few minigames, fun moments and co-op, other just made it unfunny and stupid. Game was mainly designed for kids and teenagers: zombies here, laz0rs- here, stupid asianlike killing minigame here, cheats renamed as abilities here, unrealistic as hell ending here. As fan of SR2 I still will say wut happened to my game! In addition DCLs everywhere!, even stuff thats already in game DLC 7 euro! BS. Expand
  30. Aug 9, 2013
    I like the customization, but this game just is so buggy, and appears to be mocking GTA.

The physics are buggy, the AI is buggy, the missions are buggy. Now with Saint's Row 4 coming up, I would probably say the same about it.

And the storyline makes no sense, It's like every character thinks that they are "the ruler of the world, and they can do everything they want".
  31. Nov 20, 2011
    Cheap graphics and cheesy physics. I found the game play to be boring. I was looking for something to hold me over until GTAV came out but this doesnt even come close.
  32. Dec 1, 2011
    Well its a very good game but its not a big game u can unlock everything in 27-30 hours and the main missions are... well not much !
    its the first time i got saints row (i was having the 2nt one but on my old pc it wasnt starting and in my new pc its running TO FAST like i have it on x4 speed or something) well it was fun for me and my friends i can say that but it was a little bit buggy some times we was need to retry activities coz we got stuck for unkown reason even in the ending ! sometimes we cant do activities together coz of a spawn system it just stop working on some activities or it isnt working to well by spawning 1 -3 cars far away from us... the game has a lot but small bugs that needs to be fixed ! i have a crazy sound on my 7.1 pc and my friend has it too i listen to her girl voice like i was that who was talking and she heal my character talking on her pc ! one time the sound from my rifle wasnt stoping and when i use the submachine gun the sound was finally stop !! and now the other stuff when u go 50 lvl u dont need cheats coz the game give u god mode almost to everything and unlimited ammo without reloading making the game very very easy ... the game its like a scarface the world is yours + jackass the game
    and in the ending its like hallo + fallout 3 but it was enjoyble and a lot of fun to me i like it and i can say if u want a game to play it fully coop with a friend i recommend it but the game will end soon and u will have to pay more for dlc's
  33. Mar 19, 2012
    Good fun that comes very close to living up to the hype. The MANY mission bugs make it difficult to impossible to finish the storyline. Although I wiki'd and google'd my way through the gaps in the game I was unable to finish.
  34. Sep 8, 2013
    The game is fun for its humor, but lack the depth of story as in SR 1 and 2.

Most story missions are just introduction of a new mini-game, in which some of them are just boring. And the plot is short, which can end with only 6 to 8 hours of game play. If you want to have more to play, you need to pay more for their short DLCs. The game is still quite buggy until now, even it is
    The game is fun for its humor, but lack the depth of story as in SR 1 and 2.

The game is still quite buggy until now, even it is already around 1 year after its launch. Random graphical glitches like missing textures, random fps drop or even game crash are still present on some machines, which are the bugs being reported since day 1.
  35. Oct 2, 2012
    They went too over the top in crazyness, and the main story was painfully short with no memorable gangs and characters.

It is a quality and fun game even on PC, but it's not on the same level with SR2's fantastic missions and storytelling.
  36. May 17, 2013
    Saints Row: The Third is a much-less serious open-world action-adventure game than its predecessor. And it's far less serious than Grand Theft Auto. But as far as sequels go, this one is quite fun. Good quality graphics and interesting, but slightly bland and underdeveloped storyline. I've finished this game from beginning to end, and although it ends abruptedly, I've spent an enjoyableSaints Row: The Third is a much-less serious open-world action-adventure game than its predecessor. And it's far less serious than Grand Theft Auto. But as far as sequels go, this one is quite fun. Good quality graphics and interesting, but slightly bland and underdeveloped storyline. I've finished this game from beginning to end, and although it ends abruptedly, I've spent an enjoyable twenty hours on it. However, there's still not much replay value once you get both endings. Expand
  37. Apr 22, 2014
    This is my first Saints Row game, and I found it fun and interesting. However, I did not like the bad language constantly being spoken (not just at certain times, but constantly) and personally I also don't like games that promote killing law enforcement or civilians for no reason. For that reason, I gave it a six rating. Other than that, it is fun and sometimes even quite funny, andThis is my first Saints Row game, and I found it fun and interesting. However, I did not like the bad language constantly being spoken (not just at certain times, but constantly) and personally I also don't like games that promote killing law enforcement or civilians for no reason. For that reason, I gave it a six rating. Other than that, it is fun and sometimes even quite funny, and would rate an 8 or 9 on that alone. Well worth it if you like driving cars and shooting everything on sight! Expand
  38. Apr 3, 2013
    Really fun game to play. You can take your friends to watch you play and they probably enjoy it as much. Cars have bit unrealistic dynamics which on the other hand make them fun to drive.
    I had fun with this game and would recommend it to anyone, only thing lacking is cinematic scenes and good story line.
  39. May 12, 2013
    Alright, I have but one major issue with this game. Even if your protagonist is a lady, Shaundi says "stop being such a fanboy" to you when you meet the mayor. Quite lazy, there's no reason they couldn't have changed it to fangirl if your protagonist is a woman.

That aside, this game is satisfactory at the least. The activities are hit-and-miss.. Some are engaging, some are humorous,

That aside, this game is satisfactory at the least.

The activities are hit-and-miss.. Some are engaging, some are humorous, some are boring chores.

The choices for endings made me shake my head. It may be personal preference, but I don't think many are satisfied with the options.

The main non-activity missions are challenging and/or hilarious. There was never a dull moment in this game. Having to do a mission naked and drugged up was original and fun, having to do a mission in a dubstep-esque internet world was graphically satisfying.

Some of the jokes in the game are cheap (being turned into a toilet, for one) but some way they still worked.

This game is worth your time if you haven't played SR1 & 2. If you are a fan of the previous, more serious games you might be disappointed with the direction SR3 was taken.
  40. Aug 21, 2013
    It does have it's moments. When your with a friend its a great Sandbox game, but by yourself I felt it was not very fun. But I only played in total 1 hour by myself, it was the worst hour of the game. I just wish there was more pre-set things to do in free roam.

The moments when its fun are really really REALLY great!
  41. AWG
    Jul 19, 2013
    Smoother and way more funny than GTA IV, Saints Row: The Third is crazy as hell and it keep being entertaining, even during the never boring cut-scenes. Just a minor flaw: Easy mode is basically God mode.
  42. Oct 13, 2013
    You might enjoy this game you hadn't played the first two Saints Rows, but other than that this game was an utter disappointment for a fan of the Saints Row series. The game was so lackluster in content that it felt that I had been playing a demo.The story was so linear, and the ending was awful. I'd expected more out of this game, but it felt real short of my expectations.
  43. Feb 5, 2012
    SR3 is a good game don't get me wrong, but it feels like it is lacking. there still stuff to do and all but they extend the story and shorten your free roam/ extra play hours out of this by making half the story activites. the story is outrageous but its fun. the sandbox element still works and there is a good 10-50 hours in this depending on how much you like it. freezes improved fromSR3 is a good game don't get me wrong, but it feels like it is lacking. there still stuff to do and all but they extend the story and shorten your free roam/ extra play hours out of this by making half the story activites. the story is outrageous but its fun. the sandbox element still works and there is a good 10-50 hours in this depending on how much you like it. freezes improved from SR2, overall good Expand
  44. Jan 24, 2014
    The carnage, mayhem and overall silliness of this satirical take on urban America and open-world games like GTA, is definitely fun for a while. It's completely OTT and ridiculous, and there's plenty to do here. The problem is that unlike Sleeping Dogs, for example, there is not even a half-decent story to pull you along, and nor is there really any kind of engaging combat, or sense ofThe carnage, mayhem and overall silliness of this satirical take on urban America and open-world games like GTA, is definitely fun for a while. It's completely OTT and ridiculous, and there's plenty to do here. The problem is that unlike Sleeping Dogs, for example, there is not even a half-decent story to pull you along, and nor is there really any kind of engaging combat, or sense of challenge to make it last. Ultimately, because it's too easy with all the weapons and upgrades you can get, it's just not worth attempting to complete. Funny though. Expand
  45. Jun 26, 2014
    Just about the most boring game I've played in the past few years. Hitting people with a **** bat was fun at first, but after that there isn't much to do.
  46. Sep 30, 2015
    To be brutally honest open world sandbox games are just not my thing. I really enjoyed the humor in the game, at times it can be rather funny, but the setting and environment I personally found to be incredibly bland. Like it has its moments but if anything Saints Row the Third feels like a hollow attempt to kinda invent a dying franchise, Ill admit that it is fun in places and theTo be brutally honest open world sandbox games are just not my thing. I really enjoyed the humor in the game, at times it can be rather funny, but the setting and environment I personally found to be incredibly bland. Like it has its moments but if anything Saints Row the Third feels like a hollow attempt to kinda invent a dying franchise, Ill admit that it is fun in places and the soundtrack is fantastic as will as the driving mechanics and the story itself is so ridiculously silly that its a joy to play. But over then that I cant say that I really wanna play another Saints Row game again, its just not my bread and butter. Expand
  47. Jun 27, 2014
    I just couldn't quite get in to this. While the game play is quite the game is repetitive and I just wasn't a fan of the over the top story line and crazy going ons. Fun while the novelty lasts.
  48. Nov 10, 2013
    Saints Row The Third is a great game but ive missed the old Saints Row 2 feel,i missed the old radios,i missed a lot of things,Saints Row The Third is a game to play for fun but the story isnt so good
  49. Dec 16, 2013
    Saint's row the third was a fun game. Not going to lie, I did find driving at ridiculous speeds and shooting explosive pistol rounds quite entertaining but I didn't find the game's story very interesting. I was more obsessed with obtaining the funds to increase my hourly city earnings which is a great system for creating an economy but I think it was kind of buggy. Theoretically the gameSaint's row the third was a fun game. Not going to lie, I did find driving at ridiculous speeds and shooting explosive pistol rounds quite entertaining but I didn't find the game's story very interesting. I was more obsessed with obtaining the funds to increase my hourly city earnings which is a great system for creating an economy but I think it was kind of buggy. Theoretically the game is supposed to reward me with pay every 15 minutes of real life time but from what I experienced that system was inconsistent and it sometimes didn't give me the much needed cash. Anyways, the game wasn't designed to be taken seriously and it was in all honesty a lot of fun, but I just found a couple of features about the game to be turn offs and as a result, I didn't enjoy the game as much as I had hoped. Expand
  50. Sep 10, 2013
    This game was really enjoyable but it's hard to get into the first time, but once you get into it you won't believe how much fun you'll have. From sniping missions to rolling out in a tank blasting everything into pieces, this game offers a ton of content from the start to the finish, it has great characters a good story, lots of humour, and stuff to do, Saints Row The Third is a must forThis game was really enjoyable but it's hard to get into the first time, but once you get into it you won't believe how much fun you'll have. From sniping missions to rolling out in a tank blasting everything into pieces, this game offers a ton of content from the start to the finish, it has great characters a good story, lots of humour, and stuff to do, Saints Row The Third is a must for any gamer. Expand
  51. Oct 1, 2013
    Over the top, so silly that you have no choice but to love it. Still, it is by no means flawless.

As much as GTA IV could go crazy, it was still a bit more serious than its predecessors. Saints Row goes exactly the opposite route, powers up and unleashes its craziness upon the virtual city full of unsuspecting civilians. It's fun, it's trippy, it's full of "WTF" moments. While it lasts that is, because it seriously lacks replay value. There's also simply not much to do after the game is over. Sure, Prototype-like jumping and flying can be fun for a while, but after a while you realize there's nothing else you want to do in this particular virtual reality, and choose to play something else.

Yes, I had immense fun with this game while it lasted, but I don't think I'll ever be actually replaying it.

It was good, but not THAT good.
  52. Oct 14, 2013
    To be honest I enjoyed this game, I had a ton of fun with it and even though the story wasn't really realistic or hard core gangsters you see in Saints Row 1 and 2 you can still have fun with this game.

Just because it isn't like the other saint's row games doesn't make this a bad game. They probably got sick of being compared to GTA and wanted to completely leave that style of game-play.

The things I liked about Saints Row 2 is that it had a MUCH better story and ending and the side-missions weren't annoying but honestly I had much more fun with this game then in Saints Row 2.

I hated how in Saints Row 2 you needed to get a entire level of respect before actually doing a mission and that just became extremely annoying and would take me 30 mins to and HOUR just to get enough XP to do a 15 minute mission.

I hated the endings in Saints Row 3 and I disliked them FORCING you to do boring side-missions just so you can play the main missions and how they got rid of Gat so early in the game.

But really, I had fun with this game and playing the story with friends was really fun, even though the plot of the story wasn't down to earth doesn't mean this game is bad, it just means they are trying something different and for the original Saints Row fans who are used to a Down to earth plot of course you're not going to like this but if you're willing to try something new this can be a whole NEW world and can be a ton of fun.

I'm not going to say which game is better but I don't think this game really deserves to be kicked in the teeth as much as it is.
  53. Oct 19, 2013
    I love open world third person shooters so I decided to give SR3 a try. This game is just too over the top for me. The story didn't pull me in at all and the game play was kind of floaty for me. You get all sorts of badass weapons and vehicles right from the start so there was no real motivation to level up and get cool stuff. The graphics are nice and the audio is also good. The game is aI love open world third person shooters so I decided to give SR3 a try. This game is just too over the top for me. The story didn't pull me in at all and the game play was kind of floaty for me. You get all sorts of badass weapons and vehicles right from the start so there was no real motivation to level up and get cool stuff. The graphics are nice and the audio is also good. The game is a little over the top and wacky for me. To me it seems like this game was geared towards children more than adult gamers even though it has a lot of adult content. I simply became bored with it quickly and uninstalled.

It also ran a bit chuggy fps wise on my rig. My computer is relatively high-end but I feel like SR3 could've been optimized better by the developers.
  54. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

55. Nov 20, 2013
    Saint’s Row: The Third was the first game of the franchise that I have actually bothered to play… I can say that I enjoyed my experience, but it took a while to get into and just didn't really tick the boxes that other open worlds can! Now, this was a more laid-back open world which clearly encourages you to be a maniac, get involved with the world, complete ridiculous activities and haveSaint’s Row: The Third was the first game of the franchise that I have actually bothered to play… I can say that I enjoyed my experience, but it took a while to get into and just didn't really tick the boxes that other open worlds can! Now, this was a more laid-back open world which clearly encourages you to be a maniac, get involved with the world, complete ridiculous activities and have a run in with zombies! However, despite the fun you can have with it; the Open World market is saturated and clearly dominated by GTA… It certainly was an interesting game with more freedom involved, but there are better out there i.e. Sleeping Dogs and Just Cause 2. Expand
  56. Aug 23, 2014
    Este es... Un bastardo. No tiene nada que ver con el anterior. El anterior no me gusto por la horrible jugabilidad pero esperaba que aquí con la jugabilidad y gráficos mucho mejores que en el anterior juego llegara a ser un juego increíble, tal ves uno de mis juegos favoritos, pero no tiene los momentos increíbles del anterior. No me termine el anterior pero en lo que llegue a ver fue muyEste es... Un bastardo. No tiene nada que ver con el anterior. El anterior no me gusto por la horrible jugabilidad pero esperaba que aquí con la jugabilidad y gráficos mucho mejores que en el anterior juego llegara a ser un juego increíble, tal ves uno de mis juegos favoritos, pero no tiene los momentos increíbles del anterior. No me termine el anterior pero en lo que llegue a ver fue muy oscuro y me daban ganas de acabar el juego para matar a los malditos jefes de banda. Aquí todo es un desmadre, locura, estupideces, y diversión sin sentido. No es un mal juego pero me decepciono en eso, es como si RockStar decidiera que en ves de GTAV hubieran dicho que ReadDeadRedemption seria GTAV, seguiría siendo un gran juego pero al cambiar lo que ya se había establecido en la franquicia los fans originales se molestarían mucho por el cambio. Y eso paso aquí :(. Sin embargo: ¿el juego es malo? NO. Decepciona pero al final si eres nuevo te gustara. Tienes una cantidad decente de actividades, una campaña decente, y te divertirás mucho por el grado de locura que tiene, ademas de que las animaciones y los gráficos son infinitamente mejores que en el SR2. En conclusión es decepcionante pero aun así es un buen juego, pero debió haber sido un Spin-Off y no una secuela completa. Le doy un 07/10. Decepciona, pero se gana su estado de buen juego, aun que veo a muchos fans del anterior con el corazón roto. Expand
  57. Jun 24, 2014
    Yes, it is similar to GTA, in the sens you steal cars and kill innocent people, but this game is not serious, and if you're not laughing in the first 10 minutes, then you'll not enjoy this game a lot.

Another game which gets funnier in coop, but unfortunately, the coop system does not work very well. Unexplained lag, sometimes ruining the mission at the point you can't finish it, and I'm not a big fan of the join/leave system. I wanted a full coop mode with added difficulty, which is not the case at all

The storyline is only funny if you like that kind of humour (which I did), and don't make the mistake to buy the full fun pack, because you'll start with a tank and a plane, and you're pretty much done for every mission

Conclusion : I give it a 6 for the unfinished coop system, which ruined my multiplayer experience.
  58. Jun 30, 2014
    i did'nt liked this game,i have'nt played the previous versions... the game is unrealistic,graphics is jusk ok.... . The whole pattern are still from GTA who are the real creators of an open-world game. . the story line is also just ok.
  59. May 15, 2015

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.