8.1

1. Aug 1, 2014
    This is still one of the best games. I always appreciated GTA and I loved the environment, but I'd quickly get bored. I'd run over a bunch of people, get into a chase, and turn it off. It had it's moments but the saints is just fast, action packed, and looks great. The amount of content in this game is ridiculous. It's not just one thing like weapons, or cars, it's everything. There is an excess of so much and options right there to attempt to speed through it if you want, but you won't. You can't because, there is a ton of it. SRIV addresses the issue of getting to places faster. It's a wonderful mod, but once you complete it this is likely what you'll go back to.

To those of you giving it negative reviews because the gore isn't realistic enough for you and you don't feel enough motivation... please seek help. I know it's not your fault as it's just nature and you are programmed that way, but seriously do us all a favor and get some type of counseling. We need to evolve as a species and your type causes us to hit the reset button on that over and over just so you can have your fun making everyone else suffer. Hopefully at some point the human race will be able to single you out and isolate you to live with each other on your own planet where you can just kill each other to your hearts content.
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video game ever, I think we can all agree that there is something to be said about this. This is a satire on modern life, the glorification of hip hop culture, the media and action movies as a whole. If you're 15 maybe this game isn't for you, if you're a 20 or early 30 something person who grew up with video games, the cultural references in here are designed for you. A few things might have been nice, like a 'fast travel' set of options to avoid some of the more annoying elements, more guns, more songs for driving, but the story, the humor and the brilliant satire more than makes up for it. This is as close to perfection in video game entertainment as is possible, don't miss it, I nearly did dismissing it as a GTA clone, it isn't, it's somehow more and when it isn't, it makes fun of itself. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    This game is amazing, the visuals are good, the storyline is good and the gameplay is good.

I have not encountered a glitch in this game and I have completed all the activities and base game, the game had pulled me in and I could not stop until I had finished it and found out what happened in the end, the world is not very inter-active and there is not much to do after you have
    finished it than activities and call your buddies to kill police (Which I have spent hours of doing :P) but it is still entertaining, the game is never serious about killing or deaths of enemies, the game is not serious overall which is nice to see in a game, all the people saying this game is a GTA comparison have not played this game, I like this game because it is well constructed, funny and overall silly. Expand
  4. Jun 22, 2014
    Decided to play this again and yes it was as fun as I remembered. The humor might have gone a bit overboard at times but hey, that's what Saints Row is all about. I had to download some mods to fix the field of view and aim assist (it occurs even with mouse and keyboard) but no big deal really. It is just a fun, good looking game.
  5. May 25, 2014
    Last Played: Feb 2014
    PROS: + True single-player sandbox with minimal story to get in the way + Several fast vehicles means you aren't stuck with one "best" vehicle all the time + Blowing stuff up (which is 98% of the game) is really fun
    CONS: - Some weapons are weak and you'll never use - Some fight types are irritating (gang survival)

REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is
    not trying to be GTA. It is not trying to offer a story, or multiplayer (which is tacked on if you insist on trying), or a rich cultural experience, or any other pretentious thing you can think of. It is about doing what you want when you want to. You want to throw a fart-in-a-jar at a cop? Fine. Want to run over hookers on a motorcycle? That's fine too. The only limitation is that some event types only appear after a certain "story mission" type (these actually just introduce activity types with some well-voiced but stultifyingly dumb dialogue on the side). That's it. "Finishing" the game doesn't really reward you, because the whole thing is about the activities along the way, and SR3 does this magnificently. You can collect the best vehicles from game start and it is worth grabbing a few, because several of the best cars perform similarly well. Actually, hijacking pretty much any vehicle will make for a passable getaway car (though I wouldn't recommend a garbage truck). This actually works pretty well for the game, since you can experiment with several vehicles instead of being forced into a single best car. The best thing of all, however is the destruction factor--which is good, because the activities are just different variations on blowing stuff up. I said before that the ending isn't rewarding, but you know what? It doesn't matter because the stuff you'll remember are the fireballs along the way.

Which is not to say the game is without flaw. In contrast to the variety of functional cars, there really are "best" weapons that you'll use exclusively (unless forced by a special activity). Ultimately, this doesn't hurt the game too much, because the best weapons are so fun to use, but it is still there. You may also find that certain activity types aren't up your alley. This really shouldn't pose a problem to anyone, though-you'll only be forced to do each activity once (story) and then you can ignore them. If you find the game too easy, you can simply not buy upgrades or call in swarms of allies. This game is all about choice, and it does it oh so well.

Just don't expect to be able to stay away for long periods your first playthrough.
  6. Feb 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A quite good GTA clone ideal for people with black humor that would sometimes laugh the s**t of you .
    The game is quite violent,explosive and made me thought the reasons why this game was rated by ESRB M17
  7. Jan 27, 2014
    Amazing game, I ended up loving SR2 thanks to the nostalgia factor of playing the old GTA's in a better, different way. Now SR3 feels like playing a much more polished up, modern, funnier SR. TENOUTTATEN.
  8. Jan 8, 2014
    I had originally played on xbox but i just got it on PC and i must say that the game graphically is way better but playing it took time to get used to and the crashes were annoying…
  9. Jan 3, 2014
    I've played many GTA games and a lot of old open world adventure games in the past, and I must say, this turned out to be a very fun and casual game.

A game that truly fulfills any ego to occasionally go out and smash around stuff with absolute impunity or speeding through traffic in total road rage without any hesitation of destroying anything or losing anything significant value.

To get there, you'd have to first earn your way up, but the gameplay is so laid back that you really don't have to take anything seriously, and that is true even in co-op with your friends. Even if a particular mission fails, there is no heavy penalty, everyone keeps all the guns and cars they've collected and everyone can feel free to retry at their leisure. No pressure at all, which is a total refreshment for all the serious and heavy gaming expects everyone to heavily invest in a gamble to risk losing one thing or another. Not that it is a bad thing necessarily, but it really relieves the hassle of that in this casual environment.

The story itself is relatively short, but that's only to provide an introduction into this sandbox world I believe. The main focus was never really the story, but the world itself. The story however, is just content to introduce all the game mechanics SR3 had to offer. Not to mention the wackiness and humor that you just won't get to see on a regular basis. Pimps riding on chariots? A giant ball of yarn wrecking havoc? A game show devoted to slaughter mascots? Not intended to humor children and mindful sticklers, but if you were, you wouldn't pick up a game about gangstas in the first place, unless your only intent is to patronize it.

Overall, it is a game that's well deserved its full marks, simply just because it has managed to capture this player's undivided attention until all missions and almost all achievements (96%) have been completed for 252 hours.
  10. Jan 1, 2014
    This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Expand
  11. Dec 15, 2013
    Game: Saints Row The Third Genre: Action Developer: THQ Volition System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Fun and Addictive open world atmosphere +A lot of great weapons and attacks to use
    +Very colorful game
    +A lot of humorous moments
    +Storyline is quite well made
    +Multiplayer Co-Op Campaign is well made
    +Additional play modes are a nice addition aside from the main gameplay

Cons
    -Unable to use custom tracks compared to GTA
    -Not as much mods as you would expect in a PC game
  12. Oct 30, 2013
    Fantastic game!
    SR 1/2 were trying to remain somewhat realistic while being insanely fun, this game is only about the fun!
    Great relaxing game where u get to blow up everything. Some stuff are missing such as racing and a few other activities I wish we would have seen here. The story doesn't make me care as much as the first games, but then again its ment to be crazy.
  13. Sep 13, 2013
    Nice Game This game is fun playing. I love all the action. I like the game mechanics. The car brakes and handling are good. This is game is really worth buying. It comes up with something new. Its worth every penny.
  14. Sep 12, 2013
    i never played a saints row game before but this one is just amazing amazing gameplay music and soundtracks lots and lots of funny moments there is nothing bad i can say about this game i enjoyed every bit of it
  15. Sep 12, 2013
    One word: Fun. Lots and lots of it. It's full of over-the-top action, a witty storyline and crazy and varied missions. Logic and reason have been chucked out of the window to provide a complete gaming experience. The large variety of unique weapons and vehicles are a huge bonus I loved the Apoca-Fist. (Who needs guns when you can smash through enemies with your bare hands?) Even the side missions are engaging and cannot be ignored. The "gang war" scenario adds a realistic touch to the game, as you are immersed into the role of a Third Street Saint, battling to claim your territory.
    The GTA comparisons are unjustified as they may seem similar games, but SR3 is nowhere as serious as GTA but focuses on being wild and absurd, which makes it an even better game in my opinion.
    Being a GTA fanatic, I was pleasantly surprised by this game.
    I can safely say that SR3 is one of the best games I've ever played.
  16. Sep 11, 2013
    Saints Row moves away from its roots as a GTA clone and moves into entirely different territory; relinquishes drama for fun resulting in an exhilarating, OTT caricature filled with jokes, one-liners and a huge does of self parody.
  17. Aug 23, 2013
    Definitely worth your time. I spent around 40 hours just messing around and the main story isn't too bad either. Also, these people understand that crude humor doesn't have to be racist or sexist humor. The devs clearly know how to have fun and include everyone at the same time.
  18. Aug 18, 2013
    Great fun sandbox game, Ive had a lot of fun with this game, is really fun great game, Saints Row The Third is like GTA on LSD, AMAZINGLY UP AND FUN, great game

qd
  19. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is an excellent example of developers wanting to have fun with a game. It started off being a basic, but highly enjoyable, GTA clone with Saints 1 and 2. After moving from being what it use to, Saints Row has become its own Sandbox game of it's own entirety. A game about having a good time and goofing off with a friend in a not-so-serious sandbox adventure.

Ton's of side
    mission's and activity's keep you playing and laughing for hours along with the highly customization clothing and car's. The plot it's self is funny as can be, and will keep you interested as you playthrough this story with or without a coop partner.

The PC port of the game is fantastic, and that's coming from the horrible Saints 2 port that had no optimization whatsoever. Driving and running are all completely optimized for PC along with perfect mouse and keyboard support for shooting.

Highly recommend this game if you're looking for a game to just have fun with. Grab a friend and enjoy the street's of Steelport while causing as much maham as you can!
  20. Aug 5, 2013
    DAMN! This game surpasses GTA by all standards. I gave GTA IV a seven, but this game is in another league. It's doesn't try to be a fancy "life simulator" like IV, you know what it tries to be? FUN! That's the whole damn essence of a video game, right?
    I enjoyed every moment and even bought EVERY PIECE of DLC. (Well, it was on sale)
    This game is quirky, funny, freedom oriented (you get
    to make choices) and most of all, fun.
    And you know what? Props to Deepsilver for not giving up to the console mafia, releasing it to every capable platform- unlike Rockstar, holding out on GTA V and releasing it the consoles but not to us, PC gamers of the world. Granted, it's their choice, but since I'm not getting to choose between the two games, Saints Row IV is the default winner in this battle, for me atleast.
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    I was instantly grabbed by Saints Row 3. It somehow manages to capture the silliness & stunts of the most popular action films in a way that so many other computer games only hint at. It blends short sharp cut scenes to fill in the complicated parts and manages to be hilarious and gripping at the same time. High praise for a game that really doesn’t take itself too seriously. Or perhaps it does, but just does a brilliant job of getting the balance right between action and comedy.

The game’s been criticised for reusing the same old formula, but quite frankly with the direction GTA is headed in I’m quite happy with that. Saints Row knows exactly what it wants to be. I jumped in as a female character (a rarity for me), with a Russian accent, who’s victory dance was Carlton’s “It’s not unusual” and who’s taunt was a pelvic thrust from Ace Ventura not something you’d find in the gritty realism of GTA. I did used to take a more serious attitude to gaming and look down on things like that, but with the way my life’s gone recently I’m all up for a bucket of light hearted, reference-filled, die-hard style fun! 5 minutes into the game I’d jumped out of a plane, had a free-falling fire fight, caught a falling comrade and assured her that the plane heading straight towards us wouldn’t be an issue, because I’d just shoot the windows out, kill the bad guys on the way through, come out the other end and catch her again. And then I did it. And it was awesome.

The game unfolds in much the same way as any other sandbox gang world does, there are multiple story arcs which can be done in any order, property purchases for income and activities to break the questing. The activities are a blast and include “how much damage can you cause with a tank in under a minute”, and some sort of reality TV show gauntlet where you make your way through a series of fire/lightning traps while shooting people dressed as mascots to get to the prize room. Completing them results in cash and area control. Whenever you complete an activity, you then control that part of the city and earn more money from it.

The radio stations are the same varied bunch as usual rap station, classical, electronic etc. all featuring parody news readers, adverts and TV commercials. The vehicle physics are generally pretty good, once you’ve got the hang of the handling the cars are really fun to drive. There are also some ridiculous DLCs which came with the game when I bought it, so within about half an hour I was flying around in a military VTOL and having a whale of a time destroying the city using a heat ray out of something like War of the Worlds.

Not much to say about the graphics except that they’re brilliant the explosions, physics, shadows & reflections are all top notch.

Overall, if you’re into this kind of game then Saints Row is a brilliant addition to the genre, it’s engaging, entertaining, serious and funny all at the same time. Even if it doesn’t completely reinvent the wheel, that’s not really what you’re looking for when you pick up a game with the number 3 in the title, so by my standards it’s a definitely worth the money.
  22. Jul 31, 2013
    Really a FUN game. Only real thing I felt negative about it was that its a bit too easy to become rich. Storyline plot, its not like GTA, since its a bit goofy, but otherwise still a fun great game. Definitely worth it.
  23. Jul 20, 2013
    A fantastically ridiculous game! I've killed people with a bat and a fart in a jar, escorted a tiger around while he was trying to eat me, helped a pimp get his hoes back, and battled some mexican wrestlers with a blowup doll. The list of ridiculous things to do in this game goes on and on. The plot is pretty weak and and a bunch of the main missions are actually just copies of the side missions, but it doesn't even matter. This is a great game to play if you’re just looking to have some fun. Expand
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    In 2011 there was a huge number of blockbusters, such as TES V: Skyrim, Batman Archym City, Battlefield 3, COD Modern Warfare 3, Driver San Francisco... The list can be continued long. At all these games there is one similarity is their gravity. Invasion of dragons, the Mad city teeming with villains, World war, etc. All this is good, but sometimes there is a wish to dilute it everything with something and here Saints Row rushes: The Third.
    From all these Saints Row projects it is distinguished with the bezumnost, fun, especially if to play together with the friend. Tasks are passed on one breath. It is over to the middle of game of mission start being copied itself, but it somehow you cease to notice. After all it is possible to arrange such turmoil and to come off on full. Especially that there are missions of professor Genki.
    In general I advise to all to play in Saints Row and invite the friends together to come off in the city of Stilport.
  25. Jun 22, 2013
    For lack of better words, this game is the definition of "why the heck not." Its basically drunk GTA IV, taken to a whole new level. Overall, this game is hours and hours of fun.
  26. Jun 13, 2013
    I waited for far too long to play this, and it turns out I´ve missed so much! The better GTA in every respect more sillyness, more driving around running things over, more settings things on fire and the missions (and story) are much more explicitly stupid.
    Came to be entertained for a bit, stayed through the entire campaign and all DLC.
  27. Jun 11, 2013
    GTA with better graphics, story-line, humor, all around craziness, and a more personalized experience. This game is just simply fun, and i find myself looking forward to every time that i play it.
  28. May 30, 2013
    Way too cool!
    Just turn your brain off and get ready to hours of nonsensical fun! The graphic is good, but could be better. Music instead is really cool! Drive a tank through the city while listening to mozart or ride a nitro-powered motorcycle with louder-than-hell metal.
    Just do not play this game if you look for realistic story. You could get reaaally disappointed.
  29. May 19, 2013
    saints row the the third is one of the best game i have ever played. the storyline is awesome i just love it. okay, if the storyline was awesome, then the gameplay is wonderful. you can make you the character looking like exactly as you want, which is huge plus. i thik saints row the third is perfect game because you can do almost whatever you want. but the main reason why saints ow the third is better than for example GTA 4 is that, SR3 uses imagination: giant purple johnny gat dressed as himself, but the most important think, is the kick-ass attitude what the main character have. if you could buy only 1 game in this year, buy SR3!! Expand
  30. Apr 4, 2013
    One Of The Best Games Ever Made!!!! Detailed Graphics,total character Customization, Immersive Gameplay, Nonstop Fun, Nonstop Action, The Game That Keeps on Giving, from mini side games to main storyline gameplay. Co-Op Is Totally Fun. It would be better if it were 4 Player Co-op Though.
  31. Mar 28, 2013
    It’s difficult to really explain Saints Row The Third without spoiling the story, but there really is a lot going on. It decides to go down a completely different path than Grand Theft Auto, preferring to focus on the surreal and humorous rather than telling a realistic and emotional story.

The development team did a good job of making humour a key part of the game, from the mission
    dialogues to the sidequests and even on the street itself with pedestrian reactions.

Missions involve clearing out the bad guys’ HQ, rescuing someone, escorting someone to a destination and a mix of these. You can also get helicopters, tanks, cycle, trucks, boats and more. You can customise a lot of these vehicles and add Nitro fuel or increase their durability.

As you earn money, you can buy buildings around the city which contributes to your hourly revenue, you can also spend money on enhanced weapons, more clothes, extra abilities and new cribs.

In terms of weapons you have pistols, rifles, SMGs, shotguns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles and a variety of other weapons including a Remote Control device which lets you control other vehicles and some rather powerful airborne missiles.

Co-operative mode is fantastic and there is plenty of opportunity for antics and player-made games of all kinds. There are even unique activities that require a second player, which makes this the ideal game to play with a buddy. Definitely the best sandbox game to date!
  32. Feb 19, 2013
    It's incredibly fun! The story missions are fun. The side missions are fun. The shooting, driving, and flying is all fun. Upgrading and customizing your character is fun. The coop is fun. The story is silly and doesn't take itself seriously. Really, this is a fun game and worth the money.
  33. Feb 8, 2013
    ONE WORD: ENTERTAINMENT. This game has one simple goal: to entertain the player. It does not have to be logical or reasonable. This game has amazing graphics and sound. The story really really doesn't matter. The Writing, and the gameplay make this game the funniest game ever.
  34. Feb 8, 2013
    Excelente juego 100% irreverente y con humor negro. el modo multijugador esta muy bueno (muy pervertido).. le doy un 100 por que esta super divertido y sorprende gratamente.. lo recomiendo al 100
  35. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is surely not for everybody, but as I fancy crazy sandboxes and absurd humor, for me this game is almost a miracle. I have laughed through it, enjoying every moment, being amazed by ingenuity of almost every aspect of the game.
    There are some pieces that do not fit that well some side missions do not have that much of a replay value for one to want to do them multiple times and
    handling of the game, even though precise in most places, is sometimes not that smooth. Nevertheless, the game was so much fun so many times that I can't give it anything else that full score. For game-play, for fun, for music, for design, for voice act and even for final credits 10/10. Expand
  36. Jan 31, 2013
    Saints Row: The Third can be described as the crazier GTA :P I love the gameplay, music, everything is so easily flowing. Missions are crazy, sometimes hilarious :p Some of Saints Row 3 content is delivered via (I think expensive) DLC, so it drops the score of this game. Playing of Saints Row 3 is great fun :)
  37. Jan 29, 2013
    Best sandbox game I've ever played. This game is pure indulgence. The story was ridiculously engaging and characters interesting. It is far from a serious game but that's where all the fun comes from, definitely a cheer-up for those in low spirits! Hot chicks, buff wrestlers, cyber punks, tanks, helicopters, jets, RPGs, a giant purple **** for melee, this game never fails to surprise and entertain. Solid gunplay too. Expand
  38. Jan 6, 2013
    This is the most fun I can remember ever having in a co-op game (or possibly any game). There is so much awesomeness packed into this package it is hard to get bored. The voice acting is terrific, the writing is great and one of the best times I've ever had in a game. Glad to hear that part 4 is back on track.
  39. Jan 5, 2013
    Pessoal do Brasil, não pensem que é estupidez minha, esse jogo supera ( e muito ) o GTA. Eu tinha a impressão que era muito pra criança, mas não. Os videos na internet os caras mostram muito a parte bizarra do jogo, mas NÃO tem só isso. As missões são muito diversificadas, com muita emoção. Se não gostarem podem me xingar, mas duvido que não gostarão. Bom divertimento a todos. Expand
  40. Dec 29, 2012
    I really liked this game, it was fun and the story was pretty good to. But when the story is over it's pretty boring, I wish there were more side missions and not the 15 minute activities that are the same that they put around. Regardless, great game.
  41. Dec 29, 2012
    Extremely fun and entertaining. Super creative weapons and plenty of stunts you can do! I've played it for hours and haven't gotten bored once! Highly reccomended
  42. Dec 27, 2012
    There's absolutely no realism at all... I love it. If you enjoy being a toilet and shooting people, you found the right game for you. Only issue is that the DLC's are a bit lacking and I'm a bit sad that the single-player and multi-player storylines aren't different, but hey, it's still an amazing game.
  43. Dec 24, 2012
    I love this stuff. Tried GTA and hate it. SR is lovely funny and all I like from a game like this. Nothing serious but good entertaining.
    Create your own #10 and drive like hell. fun, fun , fun ....
  44. Dec 10, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is a sandbox third-person shooter, in the style of GTA. However, where GTA has become more serious and realistic, Saints Row 3 is ridiculous and, at times, completely insane. Sexual content and violence is not only common in Steelport, it's completely normal. It's true that the humor is a bit juvenile, but they take it to such extremes that I couldn't help but laugh at how silly the whole thing is.

I loved this game. I found that most of the game's mechanics were a lot of fun. There were some amazing main missions, and the side activies were enjoyable (I loved the Genki ones). One downside is that a lot of the guns suck. Instead, I used the basic pistol until the endgame for its accuracy. The controls and camera are fine. The story is stupid but it works. The varied music appeals to many tastes. There's lots of character customization, which I am grateful for.

SR3 requires the stomach for sex and violence, but if you're okay with that, this game is really fun and can keep you busy for quite a while. It's a great co-op game. Get the DLC if the price drops; Genkibowl and Special Ops Vehicle Pack are my top picks.
  45. Dec 2, 2012
    What do you get when you combine guns, free-roaming, hookers, and Belgium waffles? This game. Saints Row is absurd, twisted, and hilarious. The first few missions get you hooked onto the game play, and the rest take off from there. Although single player is a blast, Co-Op is way more entertaining and crazy. Careful though, it is easy to get burnt out from a game like this if you play it for too long. Expand
  46. Oct 31, 2012
    I purchased this game from steam while it was at a discount at $14.00. I have never played any of the previous Saints Row games, so I did not have any expectations. The game is basically an over-the-top third-person shooter driven by an over-the-top story. The story of the game, as a whole, is nothing special. It basically serves to progress you through different shooter missions and the occasional random mini-game. The actual dialogue in the game is hilarious, however. Every character is interesting and every encounter involves poking at something. Unlike the majority of entertainment that attempts this, Saints Row misses very rarely. Graphics were nothing special, but fit the games over-the-top tone well. Saints Row offers a wide-variety of customization and plenty of customizable content even without DLC. I played the entire game co-op with a friend, and it was fun seeing our different characters, weapons, and cars. The combat itself is (you guess it) over-the-top. The majority of the game is spent shooting things, and the combat is good enough to keep it from getting dull. As of September of 2012, I played the entire game through online co-op and we experienced a combined three crashes, and we experienced no other bugs/glitches. The game gave us about 18 hours of entertainment, although I imagine some people may get more from multiple characters (and there is plenty more for completionists).

Final thoughts:If you want to kill some time, this is a fantastic game to get, especially at the prices you can find the game at now.
  47. Oct 25, 2012
    If you like having hot chicks as bodyguards, blowing stuff up, shooting everythin and everyone, running around the city naked, flying apache and blackhawk helicopters, running down cars with a tank, drive like a maniac, killing whores with bats and giant **** using a minigun to shoot down choppers and blow cars away from your camino, killing zombies, fighting with swats in full riot gear etc etc etc....... Trust me this game is for you Expand
  48. Sep 23, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third was a big surprise for me. I played the first Saints Row and didn´t like it at all, but this game is (with lack of a better word) awesome. Tons of things to do both alone and with a friend, lot´s of quests and sidequests, alot of different vehicles to drive around in and so on. I got this game 2 days ago and still enjoy it more and more for each day, i really can´t and don´t want to stop playing it. There is just to much cool stuff to do. Expand
  49. Sep 2, 2012
    Just fun, plain and simple. My only problem is that there is not quite enough of the story and the city take over gameplay is a bit meh. All in all there is a certain crazyness to the game which will make you smile.
  50. Aug 26, 2012
    This game is awesome. Being a huge GTA fan I came to Saints Row with a bit more than strong criticism and was set on finding every single flaw in the game. But that's not what Saints Row is about. It's simply about having as much fun as possible and it's something that Saints Row delivers in droves. Very highly recommended.
  51. Aug 8, 2012
    The story mode is great, the character creator is top notch, the upgrade system is great, the cars and the weapons are all very nice, the multiplayer works perfectly, and everything you do is just plain fun. While much of the game industry embraces the grinding inherent in the MMO and F2P genres, Saints Row: The Third decides to let you have fun all the time. Which leads me to my only two complaints about this game: There should be more of it.

Other games should be more like it.
  52. Jul 23, 2012
    A very very nice game but with limited replayability. The co-op functionality is very refreshing to see in these types of games, and the inclusion of a whore mode (survival) was and added bonus, without that I may have given the game a 6. There is nothing at all wrong with the game in anyway just that its short and considering the price they've been asking for this game for a long time now it was not worth it to pay top dollar. Just way way to short for this kind of game. Did I mention how short the game is? Its soooo short. Screw it, im giving it a six. Expand
  53. Jul 22, 2012
    I didn't think I would like this game as much as I did. It is consistently wacky and inventive. In an age of games getting kicked out the door at maybe 80% complete, Saints Row: the Third is positively *polished.* Gameplay is straightforward and intuitive, yet challenging. The sense of humor is a bit sophomoric, but it stays genuinely funny enough that most players won't mind. The humor is over-the-top in the best way: the second mission has the player jumping out of an airplane, jumping back into the same airplane and shooting up the inside, grabbing a new parachute as he/she passes and firing then jump out of the same plane--and it pretty much keeps up the pace from there. My only complaint is that some missions are just Activities with some window dressing. And that's fine for the missions that introduce said activities, less so for the missions that simply feature them. The activities themselves are great--Volition has taken the things that most people did in GTA-style games (such as seeing how back of an accident they can cause or going on a rampage with a tank) and made them legitimate gameplay mechanics. In short, the developers knew what players were going to do, and built their game around it. Most importantly, the kept the game consistently *fun.* Is this a watershed game people will be talking about 10 years from now, in the same sentences as Grand Theft Auto, Bioshock, or Call of Duty 4? Probably not. Is it a damn good time? You bet. Expand
  54. Jul 22, 2012
    I'll start saying I'm not a fan of the Saints Row series, but I've played the second game for about 15-20 hours, and for what I've noticed this game is always compared to the previous one for being "poor and lacking" than the previous game. My answer: yes. And no. I don't like comparing games, even within the franchises, but I can tell for sure that, even though this game is lacking, it's still a LOT of fun. Ok, the main story is worse than the previous one, the story is linear and the death of one of the iconic character really was a bad idea, but I also play for the gameplay, and in that regard it didn't really disappoint me (at least not completely). For example, the sidemissions now are much more required to play because they give you also territory, giving you a good reason to complete them, without mentioning that it's just one single mission (instead of 6 all together), on a certain difficulty, giving you a certain amount of respect and money. Speaking of which, the respect system is now much more open, working like an RPG and not as a simple meter: while I know respect was used to do missions and etc, in here respect is for unlocking skills, abilities, weapon specific perks, and so on: that really makes you play even more the side missions, and you'll need a lot of money to unlock them all, and even though some might not like this system, the point is that this system gives you more reasons to play sidemissions and get money (while in the previous, sidemissions gave you yes money, respect, but also specific bonus, now unlocked with money). The vehicles are also very fun to use, especially the plane, and I like the variety of cars you can have, and surprinsingly, customize (I could customize even a cleaning vehicle...that was so unexpected). And the garage, while in here I use it a lot, in the previous I hardly did, because the vehicle used was "consumed", and basically you had to take another in order to use it again, or bring it back to the garage for using it again...so it was useless. And one last thing: the customization is both improved and downgraded, but In general the customization was much more fun to do here than the previous, spending tons of money just to make my avatar look like a complete retard. Or badass. However, these were the good points, and there are plenty bad points too. Together with the bad story, the missions in it for example are sometimes very boring and the sidemissions, while some are fun and new, many of them are actually the same from the previous game (if you never played the previous ones, you might not even notice it). The cellphone, in addition, makes things too easy, especially when you get the next mission in any moment: it's a nice addition, it kills the dead times between travels, you can call your members anytime and even call your gang to bring vehicles, but it feels very cheap sometimes and, strangely, you can't accept all sidemissions on it (only hitman and car steal), and that could have been useful. A lot. I'm probably skipping some major and minor flaws , but that's because this game was a lot of fun that I didn't even care, and I'm actually making a lot of effort to bring up some real problems: probably this game is the worse of the series and that I can't probably argue, but as a game itself it's extremely fun to play and, again, it's what a game should do in the first place, and if you love absurd actions, over-the-top shooting and crazy moments, you're in for a good moment of insanity, laughs, and pure non-sense! Expand
  55. Jul 21, 2012
    Saints Row: the Third is a hilariously absurd action shooter that refuses to take itself seriously for fantastic comical effect. Playing similar to GTA, Saints Row 3 has worked the kinks out of its previous games to blow the GTA series out of the water. Action-packed, time and time again this game makes me laugh and feel like a total bad ass all at the same time. The game play was smooth, although sometimes choppy AI can cause your NPC teammates to move somewhat sporadically, they prove to usually be useless to you anyways and you will kick plenty of ass on your own. The games story often takes you into absolutely ludicrous situations, but it makes it feel better that the game is willing to joke about itself, and that with a ok selection of weapons, cool vehicle and (often hilarious) character customization, Saints Row 3 proved to be well worth its cost, which surprised me for a game I had not even given a seconds notice until here. From Aerial assaults to bondage role play rickshaw gunfights (???) to bank heists, the game provides ass kicking action and comical moments in an open sandbox environment. Expand
  56. Jul 16, 2012
    As much fun as you can have with your clothes on. SR III had me smiling and laughing from the get-go. Other people have said it, and it's true: SR III really is like GTA, only ten times more fun and a hundred times more over the top. Fact: SR III is the only game I have ever played where I never answer the question "What are you doing in the game?" because there's no way I'm going to tell anyone that, for example, "Gee, I just bludgeoned a bunch of luchadores to death with a giant purple sex toy while wearing a bunny suit." Summary: did you like the GTA series? Buy this game and have the time of your gaming life. Expand
  57. Jun 19, 2012
    This game is really amazing fun!! I picked it up for a discounted price on Steam but honestly, had I known how great this game was, I would have picked it up for a full price and earlier! I fell in love with my main character, but I also felt for my homies. Great voice acting, funny activities and simply awe inspiring main story missions put this game waaaay ahead anything that GTA has come up with for years. Saints Row >>>>>>>>> GTA. The game is crazy, if you have a sense of humor, you'll love it. Expand
  58. Jun 15, 2012
    A lot of the reviews mention one key factor: FUN ! This is where Saints Row the Third scores heavily over the pretentious GTA IV. I've been having a blast playing the great missions, enjoying the crazy antics and amped-up humor. It looks good (ok, but not great) but it plays superbly. The AI is good (ok, but not great) but truly enjoyable to dinker about with. Volition remembered that games can be just FUN FUN FUN... I give it a 9... thank you Volition! Expand
  59. May 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, it is far less stressful then grand theft auto IV in terms of game play, I almost blew a blood vessel playing the bank robbery mission for like 2+ hours trying to beat it because of how damaging bullets are and that my retarded AI won't get out of the F---ing car when it's about to explode, causing a restart of the mission. Saints Row on the other hand has much smarter AI and they get incapacitated first instead of dying so you get some time which can be extended with upgrades to get them back on their feet. GTA IV would have been a good game in terms of game play if it had upgrades like Saints Row because that would have made the game play a bit more enjoyable if not a bit less frustrating. Grand Theft Auto IV does have a better character development and a better open world but as you press on, it dies down to repetitive missions. Saints Row really has the unique set up for missions as many are quite different from each other and there are a lot while also containing a uniqueness to each one and the presentation is a lot better then most GTA IV missions. In conclusion, by itself it is not bigger then GTA IV but with the DLC it goes over it with quality over quantity and the game will provide a lot of laughs and a lot of memorable moments. Expand
  60. May 21, 2012
    I like it. Its Violent.SO WHAT??!!?? FU** YEAH ITS GOOD LOVE IT!! ITS FUN AND ITS BETTER THAN GTA!!

I can say Gta is 5/10. But woot!! I give this game all my 10R!!!! If I can vote up to 100, FU** YEAH I WILL VOTE 99!
  61. May 13, 2012
    This was my first saints row game, and unfortunately; I expected somewhat of a gta when I bought it. Once you get over the fact it doesn't come close to gta in terms of realness, graphics, you'll start to just mess around, laugh, and have fun while playing this game. The storyline was actually pretty catching, and the missions although ridiculous; was mostly lol moments. Dont expect gta, and dont take this game seriously; and you'll love this game. Expand
  62. Mar 26, 2012
    Genius, whatever the writers got when doing this, they need more. The humour of the game is fantastic, had me laughing now and then, the soundtrack is very pleasant, except for the credits song, but still, the game is just fantastic
  63. Mar 19, 2012
    An explosive mix of sandbox madness and an excellent narrative with dialogue leaves this over the top monster of a game surprisingly down to earth. The writers handled this in a top-notch fashion. If you can create a powder keg like Saints Row The Third, and make it still packed in with tongue-in-cheek dirty humor, as well as giving the characters dialogue that makes every mission such as going through a cyber universe to take down a cyberlord geek who takes the form of a f***** dragon with swords as a normal day in the life of a Saint. Seriously, I want to congratulate these guys for bringing literally everything in the game to create this space of immersitivity; you feel like a bada**, you have homies that you actually care about, (or hate), and a great array customization (for an action game) that gears you up to take on any situation leaves me pleasantly surprised. So, looking for zombies to kill with a sonic blaster? Maybe riding a hoverbike through the streets searching for sex dolls? Calling your Saint army to take on a challenge, or just to piss off the law and gangs of Steelport? Either way, Saints Row: The Third delivers in the most outrageous ways possible, but it works, and that's the great thing about Volition's masterpiece...or travesty, depends on how you look at it... Expand
  64. Mar 6, 2012
    Saint Row 3 is just amazing and much more as ridiculous action and a variety of ways to play it. The Volition Developer Team pushed the boundaries for this genre to a new level. Looking forward for Saint Row 4.
  65. Feb 26, 2012
    92% While Saints Row The Third does have it's issues in terms of bugs, it's few and far between and the smooth performance and graphical customizations available make the game accessible to a lot of gamers. The gameplay is easy to enjoy. Missions are varied and at times somewhat challenging. Graphics are very sharp and with the over the top use of vibrant colours it looks amazing and has a lot of charm. Saints Row may not be the most realistic game but it certainly is one of the most fun. For the full review please visit www.insidepcgaming.com Expand
  66. Feb 25, 2012
    I was excited for a ton of games in 2011, Battlefield 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Batman: Arkham City, but I've never known about Saints Row: The Third until I heard about it through a friend. Curious, I picked it up and immediately loved the fun and randomness of this game.

I've heard about the Saints Row series before, and I always assumed it was a GTA clone, but boy I was heavily
    wrong, this game only 'like' GTA, but on crack. The customization and wackiness of this game is over the top, and the story was pretty good, actually.

I've bought a ton of DLC packs just to add to my gameplay experience, the clothes, weapon additions, and missions are unique, the missions are short however, but they are still fun fun fun.

Might I mention this game is just a blast playing COOP with a friend.

Other words, if you want a over the top experience, get this game, you'll have a blast, especially with friends!
  67. Feb 24, 2012
    This game is for those who find GTA, and especially GTA 4 just a little bit too pretentious, and was the most fun I had playing a video game in the last year. I had almost no interest in the title, but it was selling well and I found it for a bargain price. Wow, what a joyful surprise. The main two enjoyable aspects were a very funny bunch of missions and dialogue, fun side side missions, and just a bunch of crazy things you need to do to grow your character and add new strengths, such as more health, more ammo, more "homies" to come help you. The second, and probably best part of the game, is that is just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Just when you think you've seen everything, they throw more and more stuff in -- and it all works beautifully. We're talking about V-TOLS, Jet Bikes, tanks and exotic weaponry.

The plot is corny, but again it just keeps getting crazier. Think of the plot simply as an excuse to put you in crazy situations and offer opportunities for funny, sometimes hysterical dialogue.

This game is NOT to be taken seriously on any level. Just expect it to be so totally over the top that you just can't help but a great time. If you can lighten up and don't feel the need to be "cool and cold" when you play games, this game is too fun too pass on, even with the minor flaws.

That said, the DLC is incredibly weak. There isn't a single item worth your time, especially for the money they are asking while giving you something totally worthless. The Online pass is out of the question. A totaly waste of your money. The graphics are passable, but no shiny surfaces and super advances per pixel shading. The focus is on the gameplay.

Stick to the game that you got when you opened the box, and you will have one of the most fun experiences in a long time. Especially if you enjoy the doing more than just getting it over with. I had around 100 hours in the game with all side missions, core missions, and about half of the side activities, like stealing specific cars or assassinating some strange character after drawing them out in some weird way. I experienced no bugs or freezes on my XBox 360. Do your funny bone a favor and check this game out. Definitely worth it.
  68. Feb 23, 2012
    This game is tons of fun and has a great deal of hilarious antics and variety. It's like GTA on steriods and stays fresh throughout the the campaign. Fun for hours!
  69. Feb 17, 2012
    Great game. If you waiting for GTA V get this now! Funny and crazy. Nice city and vehicles. Plane is awesome. Graphic is not the best but keeps the level of :)
  70. Feb 6, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic game play. All the awesome comicality of the Crackdown series, and all the seriousness and game play diversity of Grand Theft Auto series. This game has a lot to offer.
  71. Feb 5, 2012
    having played this game for almost a day, i've found saints row the third to be one of the best games of 2011 (i'm late on my review)
    i've played all three of the games now and find that the newest installment brings much more humour and better game design to a series that has put GTA to shame. The story is one that no one would have expected to see and the new side missions are a great
    change to ones from previous games, although i've got 100% of steelport owned and have completed every activity there is (besides the ones from the new dlc) there is nothing left to do as i've also maxed out the respect metre at level 50. Certain weapons in the game show this off perfectly and the amount of customistaion available. while the customisation options have been reduced compared to the second game i find it to be a great extra to such and immerse game. This game along with Batman Arkham City made my top five games of the past 5 years and will remain there for a long time Expand
  72. Feb 4, 2012
    This game has nearly continuous laughs, with humor in the tradition of Benny Hill. Viola's costume is a particular hoot. Also, the vehicle choices and action are over the top. It took me a little while, but now I love this game. The only reasons that I did not give it a 10 are: (1) activities and missions seem disorganized, making the plot hard to follow. (2) E key is over used, resulting in giving one command while another actually occurs. Expand
  73. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is just plain fun. The voice acting is the best I've come across since the original Dragon Age. The city/town you are isn't the largest in the sandbox gaming world but there's so many missions and things to do you'll be playing for quite sometime unless you are a hardcore gamer with no job or girlfriend.
  74. Jan 28, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is the most fun game i have ever seen !!!!! I has lots of things to keep you hooked for hours besides the real story-line. It has got cannon car , flying bikes , vertical take off plane and some superb weapons and fun items which you can use from the start of the game ! And what can I say about its cut scenes . they are so awesome , that u would replay the whole mission just to see them again ! The best feature of this game is the comic story-line and characters and their behavior ! The game is such a delight for fun loving gamer's who like this free roam stuff and all !! So one of the best games of the year !!!! Expand
  75. Jan 26, 2012
    An adult themed game that is the best sandbox environment I have played in years. Total fun factor between mini missions and actual story line content, can't wait for the next expansion to play some more!
  76. Jan 23, 2012
    This is so awesome.
    It's like Volition redeemed themselves after the mess they made with SR2 for PC. I mean, SR2 was very decent if you played it console but it was a messed up port on PC.
    But SR3 is a huge improvement over the predecessor. Not only visually but also the gameplay and how well optimized this is. I also like the soundtracks in this game.

The graphics are much more polished
    than SR2 and its also more colorful.
    The driving is also a big improvement in this game, it was a pain driving cars in SR2.
    I love the character customization in this game, and the fact that you can upload your model or download models made by other players.

The whored mode is also a lot of fun. There are so many things you can do in this game, i've had a hell of a lot of fun and epic laughs. :D
    The storyline might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it keeps you entertained.

My only complaint is the day 1 DLC that should have been included in the game for free, but well. That's business. I highly recommend this, its totally worth the money and it provides hundreds of hours of fun.
    I also repeat for those doubting about the optimization. Its an excellent port and runs all maxed out.
  77. Jan 20, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third - definitely a game that was lacking in recent years. After all, where else will make it possible to run in stupid costumes, a couple of thugs to beat up a huge **** jumping into the car through the windshield and see the killer movies where the protagonists soaked "black" jokes. Fans of thrash frenzy and gangsta **** necessarily to educate.
    Pros: Elegant character
    customization, rich gameplay, great graphics, diverse music and good sound.
    Cons: All this madness ends too quickly, I would like a little bigger.
  78. Jan 13, 2012
    I played this on PC and damn the visuals are amazing. I found the character models not to be as nice as the environments however. The game and story is simply fun and made me want to plow through the game in only 4 days. It's also an amazing game in co-op with friends.
  79. Jan 11, 2012
    Truly an entertaining game, it had me throughout the whole game and kept introducing new aspects. Even the final mission introduced something new .... i mean common thats so awesome lol. It had amazing writing so funny, and really well developed characters. The core game play was at first not impressive, but it fits into the world surprisingly well and you start getting really entertained by it. By not impressive I mean the first 1 minute of game play, then all hell brakes loose and your having the time of your life :). I truly recommend this game and you sure as heck can tell the effort put in paid off. Expand
  80. Jan 10, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. It was entertaining from start till finish with a crap tonne of reality defying action. Not having played any of the saints games and almost all of the GTA games I can honestly say I've enjoyed saints row 3 the most.
  81. Jan 5, 2012
    Very good sandbox game, I actually like it alot more then I did GTA IV. Its just more fun, sure it might not have as good of graphics but to me its just hands down more fun.

Good gameplay, nice custimization, good soundtrack and did I mentino a very high fun factor??? Do yourself a favor and pick this game up!
  82. Jan 4, 2012
    60 hours in, this game is wild, first **** bats, GIANT BRUTES (who, later will get miniguns and flamethrowers) and Random outfits, suddenly, prof. genki super ethical reality climax, and the entire game lasts a LONG time if you are a gamer who loves to play the entire game.
  83. Jan 3, 2012
    This was my first Saints Row experience and it was amazing. The game starts off fast with an amazing first two missions. The graphics are detailed and beautiful. The characters look great and are easy to control. Vehicles in SR3 are easy to control and can be driven very, very fast! SR3 is packed to the gills with quests, activities, and fun. I easily clocked over 40 hours working the main story and side quests. Oh, and you get your own person Saints tank! The chaos and mayhem you can cause with it is just absurd! Not only will local police get involved but they will call in SWAT...and if that isn't enough, the local military will show up in Hummers then their own tanks! Even the weapons in SR3 are well done. All of them are easy to use.

The wide open world reminded me of Grand Theft Auto -- it's THAT big -- yet is jammed full of stuff to do. If you are looking for a fun game with a variety of quests, missions, and mini-games, SR3 is for you. Highly recommend.
  84. Dec 31, 2011
    It's a lot of fun and the graphics are awesome when ran on Ultra and in DX11. The game is a lot better optimized than the previous games in the series.

I do however wish that the storyline was just a tad bit longer.
  85. Dec 30, 2011
    Saints Row the Third, like the others, is more of a fun diversion than a deep storytelling experience, not that there is anything wrong with that. Graphically, the game looks fairly good, and it is very creative with the range of bizarre outfits, buildings, and vehicles available in the game. In Terms of audio, the voice acting is decent, the in game radio has a decent range of genres though not the best music, and the sound effects are satisfying enough. The most important aspect though is Humor and oddity, and SR3 is unmatched in this by any other current FPS. The story itself is pretty funny, the dialog will crack you up, there is plenty of satire and irony sprinkled throughout, and the side missions range from japanese game shows to blowing up as much as possible with a tank. The gameplay is also very smooth, with short load times, constant action, and a moderate difficulty that is slightly challenging yet still fun. Saints Row is the kind of game that realizes the joy created by infinite ammo, and there is no shortage of missions where you are placed in the passenger seat, firing infinite amounts of rockets into enemy gangs. For all of it's pros, however, the game can drag at points, and while it is satirical, the overall theme of the game is really aimed at 14 year old boys; the dousing of the game in electronic music, sexual themes, cursing and obsession with style and respect makes this clear, and can make the game a little off-putting. However, if you can realize that this is in itself a satire on pop-culture, you will have no problem enjoying saints row 3. Expand
  86. Dec 30, 2011
    This game is STUPID fun if you're playing co-op with somebody you really like. I can tolerate loading screens that would normally drive me crazy and bugs galore because when the game works, it's fantastic. We turned off friendly fire damage and became engines of pure mayhem. The mini-games strike the perfect note so often, and when they become a chore, they're completely avoidable. It truly is completely open-- you can do just about anything you want most of the time and still get ahead in the game somehow doing it. Upgrades cost money and unlock with respect, and respect can come from anything from trick driving to drive-bys to bling and tattoos.

The mini-games are inventive and varied, from a Japanese-style murder game show to helicopter warfare to joyriding with a tiger. Yes. A tiger. The co-operative play truly shines in each of them, we can work as a team and do a lot better for it. In so many co-op titles you're just both doing the same button-mashing, or both skulking around trying to get around your obstacles. In SR3 we end up with some pretty complex strategies on the fly that work out brilliantly to maximize our carnage, our chain bonuses, or the money we rake in with fantasy insurance fraud :D

Normal gameplay has a lot to offer, too. When we feel like it we can be the aggressors-- hunting down and eliminating gang operations everywhere we find it. Or we can be the defenders, holing up in a downtown shop and demolishing wave after wave of attackers. The ability to revive one another to instant health just makes it a stress-free and rioutously funny experience to get blown up, minigunned, or burnt to a crisp by oncoming super-specialists. No stress, no bickering moments, to quote my character as the gas station blew up, "This is so much more relaxing than painting!" We had a crazy good time without the DLC, then decided to add it to see if it enhanced our gameplay. With or without it we've had a blast. The only complaint I really have is that the co-op mode is not synced up properly at all. At least in LAN mode, the radio stations and dialogue should sync up. Sometimes our positions aren't even synced, and we'll hit obstacles on one screen and not the other. Also we'd like to see each other in the cutscenes, we don't both have to be leader. A more integrated co-op mode would have made this game a perfect 10, enormous load times, vehicle boarding difficulties, buggy collectibles and all. Some things are just worth the hassle. I love the fact that hairstyles and clothes aren't gender-specific, so you can put a giant burly male in a cheerleader skirt and he will wear it with machismo. Some truly silly customization options are available. I'd like more control over the general build of my character but I'm impressed with the level of customization you do have. Considering the logistics, it's pretty fantastic. All in all, SR3 is what I most want out of a co-op crime spree game. It's everything I wanted GTA to be that it wasn't, and none of what bugged me so much about GTA. You don't have to be a complete a**hole to win it, though I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. Sync up the co-op and it'll be perfect, as far as I'm concerned. More. More of this, please.
  87. Dec 28, 2011
    I got this game during steam sale and I love it. I played through the singleplayer campaign and it was hilarious and amazing. There's so much to do in this game. And even besides all the tasks and missions, it's fun to just do random things with all the fun weapons and vehicles you can use.
    Also the coop is awesome for doing random stuff together in the city, trying out stunts or
    collecting things.
    Only 9 points because of a minor problem with my AMD graphics card (or the drivers) which causes the game to freeze for a half second sometimes. Nothing what makes the game unplayable though.
  88. Dec 27, 2011
    I really enjoy this game over the GTA series. SR3 has more of a FPS feel to it instead of a console feel. Its also built for the PC, unlike GTA is. I have spent alot of time in it and love every aspect of it. The ability to just sandbox it for awhile and not be bothered to much by the storyline is great. I recommend it to anyone looking to be bad for awhile.
  89. Dec 25, 2011
    This game is ridiculous and I love it!! Its not realistic, if thats what youre looking for stick to GTA
  90. Dec 23, 2011
    This game needs to be G.O.T.Y... Don't listen to people who think this game sucks, because they are probably COD morons who got offended by Professor Genky... Epic fun, Huge storyline, Awesome laughs, and i don't want to be a spoiler so i'l end it with "etc."
  91. Dec 22, 2011
    Saints row the third in my opinion was a great game but the game does feel like it falls flat in a way for example in the second saints row you could pick up trash bags stop signs and news stands and throw them at people well you cant do that any more and the melee combat system (Bats swords) Seem to have the same swinging animation making it look unnatural. Also Volition seemed to cut out some content in the game for example they have a dlc that lets the player unlock check codes.As a usual video game player I can tell you that's a very strange thing for volition to do it seems that they are sending old content in the game as dlc just to make a extra buck.Believe me Saints Row the third is a great game but it seems volition kinda did less work compared to the second game but really if you sit down and enjoy the game and accept these few faults its you going to have a good time just look at some gameplay video if you unsure about the game this review was just telling you the cons Expand
  92. Dec 19, 2011
    Saints Row 3 is very funny game. There's nothing fully sane in this game. There's alot of fun in SR3. You can go out and kill people with huge **** and end up killed by a futuristic jet shooting missiles and l4z0rs at you. Also you could become the ultimate pimp by stealing yourself a nice car and tuning it overly too much. Then you would head to the closest clothes shop and buy yourself pimpster clothes. There's one main "quest" which is about getting your corporation name cleaned and killing you main nemesis's. After the main line there's just these little activities to do, and of course, multiplayer. If you're looking for a way to ease your nerves and get rid of your stress, this is your game. Expand
  93. Dec 18, 2011
    The game is really good, you can laugh a lot with it.The music is OK, the game play is awesome,the graphics are all very good, the one thing they should improve were the physics, really cheese...Also the story of the game is very creative (better the the SR2 story).
    Comparing the two games SR3 and SR2, its hard to tell what better so...
    If you want to buy a Saints Row game buy the third
    one.Everyone says that SR3 is better expect GTA Fans... Expand
  94. Dec 17, 2011
    It's a great game, the story is sarcastically funny and is fun most of the time + there are zombies! and the in-game activities are explosively fantastic and funky! GET IT...
  95. Dec 16, 2011
    Very fun game, it's very entertaining - challenging enough to keep it interesting with lots of diversions to do to mix it up. Wish it had more online stuff like team death matches etc but Co-op is still hilarious.

One thing i feel which isn't as good as SR2 or even other GTA games is the radio - not particularly funny. Still though, love the game - pick it up and go nuts, perfect to play
    in conjunction with a serious game. For example, i'm currently playing this and Skyrim. When i get a bit bored of streaking challenges i'll do some quests in Skyrim and when i get bored of those quests i go back to SR3. Perfect balance :)

Great addition to the series.
  96. Dec 14, 2011
    Truly a great game ! And like others have said before me, it's a great stress reliever :) I bought this game for Pc, because i wanted to play it at 60fps, which it does on my CG8250. Great game, great fun ! Just sit back, relax, and start slapping people with your purple ..... ;-)
  97. Dec 9, 2011
    The story is not as "serious" as Saints Row 2, it also has less content like radio stations and activities etc., but this game concentrates and perfected the most important part: The Fun!
    The missions are crazy and much more varied, the weapons are also crazier, dialogues are much more common and are way funnier compared to his predecessors.

Graphics & Animations:
    Really well done, the
    graphics aren't the best a video game ever had, but it looks great especially for a sandbox title with his vibrant colors which looks great at night, though there are some bad textures here and there. The animations however are extremely smooth, especially compared to the stiff animations from SR1+2. The engine change really paid off.
    But the biggest selling points is the ability to actually play that game on the PC. It's not a crappy port SR2 was and runs smooth like butter, it also uses DX11.

Sound:
    There are some mixing problems. The music in shops are really loud and the engine sounds are too quiet, however the Soundtrack is good with a good mix of mainstream and indie.
    The game also fused the songs really well with the game. I don't want to spoil, so I'll just say, that some of the missions are so badass with those fitting music in the background, especially the last mission.
    The voice acting is also very good (apart from Angel), the main character has 7 voices and all are well done.

Controls:
    This game really excels here, I was surprised how well this game plays with keyboard and mouse, if you have an XBOX controller you can plug it in and play, though there's no option to play with a different joypad or to change the controls of it.
    The vehicle controls in an arcade style, which means you have full control of a car even with high speed. This is good news for people who hated that realistic controls from GTAIV

I give this game a 10, for the one reason that I rarely had that much fun with a game in the last decade. I played it through 2 time and a 3rd time in Co-op.

If you are a fun loving human, then this game is for you!
  98. Dec 8, 2011
    very funny game, graphics are surprisingly really good you can tell they took some extra time to poilish the game i haven't come across any glitches or crashes, RPG elements are really great upgrades are available for your weapons and your character and after each mission you complete you receive money that you can spend on weapons or clothes etc... (although i just run around naked ;) ) The customization available for your character is amazing. A overall fun and addictive game, really recommend it. Expand
  99. Dec 5, 2011
    In my opinion is a great alternative to grand theft auto. The publisher is THQ, best known for the release of the Warhammer world famous title. This game is the same and better than his antagonist, not a lover of this kind of games do not like it. The story is intriguing, we are in a city where you can vie for the 4 main bands: the Saint (our bandwidth that we are the boss), the Luchadores, the Morningstar and Deckers. The game structure is the same, we can go around the city, taking cars, motorcycles, trucks, helicopters, planes, boats and even fighter jets. Not to forget the tank. Scattered around the city there are properties that we buy, where shops supply us with arms and ammunition, buy new clothes, tattoos and body modification and processing of the cars in our garage that we can save and retrieve them when we come. The character we use is fully customizable, looking for clothes that we could also choose individual colors. Unlike grand theft auto, the story is well constructed, it is a mixture of mini-missions that have no logical thread, here each mission is the development of history itself, and therefore more intriguing and engaging. Our gang is also customizable, we can choose the type of characters that are part of it (how they dress etc..) And the vehicles they drive, even if all this you can choose from a series of predetermined characters and machines and 100% customizable, choose only the type, too bad, but still nice. The goal of the game (besides the main story) is the conquest of the city. Scattered around the map, there are, as I said, bought the property, also purchased stores, mini-games and activities to destroy rival gangs. Each one of these things we will earn a slice of territory to the complete conquest of it. Every shop and buy properties that will provide us with an income time money (you have to spend to make money) and shops, plus a discount. The graphics are not great of course, but in these types of games you know is not important graphics. Hectic and not so simple, we will face gunfire and escapes in situations where we will fight against gangs and the police but also simultaneously with the possibility of being helped by members of our gang. What, in my opinion is much more beautiful than grand theft auto, you know that eventually becomes boring and too long, and you unstitching also lots of laughter. Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.