Saints Row: The Third PC

8.1

1. Jun 25, 2016
    It's kind of strange to make an open-world game whose story & missions are shorter and more concise than its predecessor. Isn't an open-world game about having a ton of stuff to explore and do? Which to me is the conundrum of Saints Row: The Third. It's still a fun game, and recommended, but a lack of content volume (not variety) disappoints after the plethora of activities in Saints RowIt's kind of strange to make an open-world game whose story & missions are shorter and more concise than its predecessor. Isn't an open-world game about having a ton of stuff to explore and do? Which to me is the conundrum of Saints Row: The Third. It's still a fun game, and recommended, but a lack of content volume (not variety) disappoints after the plethora of activities in Saints Row 2.

+ Good gun-play, character upgrade path, weapon upgrade path.
    + Graphics are really good (DX11) if your machine is powerful enough to turn the settings up (a far render distance is pretty taxing).
    + The story is ostentatiously stupid fun - like a fantastic B-movie - if you can enjoy it for what it is, and not expect something more serious like Saints Row 2.
    + Good voice acting from everyone.
    + Some fun new activities, and most of the old activities are back: Escort, Trail-blazing, Mayhem, Hostage, and more, as well as new variants (like Tank Mayhem), or new activities entirely (Guardian Angel, Assassinations).
    + Autos are still customizeable, most of the options staying the same. The vehicles drive better than than the ones in SR2, though there are fewer varieties.
    +Tons of personal costume and character customizations.

+ / - Lots of R-rated content. Just saying. I mean, it is a Saints Row game. But when one of the available melee weapons is a giant d**k bat that is called the "Penetrator" - yeah... For maximum safety, make sure your mom (or anyone else who might object) can't walk in on you while you're playing Saints Row: The Third.

- While the activites are fun, and there are a lot of activity icons that appear on the map, there aren't very many of them. In Sants Row 2, each activity had 6 levels to be completed. Here, there is just ONE instance of each activity at a map icon. Early in the game, completing some activities unlocks more of the same activity (at another location) at a higher difficulty, which is fine. But there is a LOT LESS content here. Got the game to 92% completion in 32.3 hours.
    - Lots of DLC. With a lot less content already, be sure to get Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - or don't bother buying the game.
    - Crib customization is GONE. This really bummed me. Yes, there are three cribs / strongholds that can be upgraded, but the upgrades are all pre-determined, and don't change look / layout of your crib (upgrading can make the building taller, giving you a higher view, but that's about it).

Temper your content expectations and Saints Row: The Third becomes a gleeful B-movie romp, missing the seriousness of Saints Row 2 and the all-out insanity of Saints Row IV. Heartily recommended.
  2. Jun 22, 2016
    This game. This ♥♥♥♥ing game right here? This is what Sandbox games should be. This is the game that takes that dumb ♥♥♥♥ people do and makes it your objective. As the world's most psycopathic gangster, it's within your power to kill zombies, beat up gimps with a giant horse ♥♥♥♥♥, throw farts in jars, shove a grenade into a mutant strongman's mouth, run over furries, get into a luchaThis game. This ♥♥♥♥ing game right here? This is what Sandbox games should be. This is the game that takes that dumb ♥♥♥♥ people do and makes it your objective. As the world's most psycopathic gangster, it's within your power to kill zombies, beat up gimps with a giant horse ♥♥♥♥♥, throw farts in jars, shove a grenade into a mutant strongman's mouth, run over furries, get into a lucha match with chainsaws, throw yourself into traffic to collect insurance money, set damn near everything on fire, get a truck stuck in a drawbridge, face off against a gigantic helicarrier and transport a cargo container full of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s by helicopter over hostile territory. And that's really just a small fraction of the insane, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, incredibly fun ♥♥♥♥ you'll do in this game. Grand Theft Auto can take it's depressing, drawn-out campaign and shove it. No Roman, I won't ♥♥♥♥ing go bowling with you. You know why? Because I'M IN SAINTS ROW, TRICK! Expand
  3. May 27, 2016
    This game is, basically, my childhood. I was 13 when it came out, and i played it like 3 times, by now. I just can't see any flaws here. This game is perfect, from the humor, to the story, to the action. 11/10, hahaha!
  4. Jan 14, 2016
    No other games has achieved such mindless, blissful gameplay as that of Saints Row 3. The game has gained special place in my heart in several ways, from diving down from a helicopter shooting up a gang-affiliated party while listening to the exhilarating Kanye West's Power to having a blast in the city as a 350 pound purple man with a face equivalent to handsome Squidward causing moreNo other games has achieved such mindless, blissful gameplay as that of Saints Row 3. The game has gained special place in my heart in several ways, from diving down from a helicopter shooting up a gang-affiliated party while listening to the exhilarating Kanye West's Power to having a blast in the city as a 350 pound purple man with a face equivalent to handsome Squidward causing more havoc than that of an Indian restaurant bathroom. The game does not have any **** self-condemnation as the player is put right into a supreme gang which has a penthouse with women with size ZZZ breasts and the most alpha men one can imagine. Saints Row Three makes players feel absolutely badass, which is connected to its unforgiving but most importantly extremely entertaining gameplay and, as I must say, three-foot long purple **** Expand
  5. Nov 28, 2015
    This game was a gift from a friend, and in the beginning I played it here and there. About 8 hours of not really doing anything and just screwing around in the city while completing some missions, I found myself lost within the wonder of the city. As I bought new games I let this one sit for a while, and I start to play it again a few months later, I start doing some more of the missionsThis game was a gift from a friend, and in the beginning I played it here and there. About 8 hours of not really doing anything and just screwing around in the city while completing some missions, I found myself lost within the wonder of the city. As I bought new games I let this one sit for a while, and I start to play it again a few months later, I start doing some more of the missions and this game pulls me back into the city, pulls me back into the wonder of Saints Row: The Third. The thing I can say whole-heartedly about this game is that it has an over the top unique style to it unmatched by other sandbox games and that's what really drew me into the world.

This game gives you a sense of freedom and the ability to be who you want to be and do what you want to do. That's a hard thing to come by with games sometimes, and for SR3 to nail it perfectly can't be ignored.

There's so many high points to this game, the missions are always fun, the gameplay is awesome, the controls are tight. The story is well rounded, over the top, and full of what the f*ck moments that leave you scratching your head. My favorite moment being the Tron world fighting the leader of the Deckers, Matt Miller. I don't want to spoil too much because what I'm obviously saying is, "Play this game, oh my god, you need to play this game."

Now there are some gripes I do want to point out, now towards the end of the game, there's a mission involving zombies where you have to dispose of containers. This mission to me was a pain in the a**... You have to run container to container trying to avoid the zombies, and there's hoards coming at you from every which way. So it did get annoying trying to finish that mission. My other complaint is the ending mission, going to the three locations to fight off everything thrown at you. It was a bit much even being the final mission to the game.

I honestly the low points in Three Way can easily be overlooked by the next part in the mission which brings the great story to a close. This game should not be overlooked, it's funny, over the top, amazing and unique. If you have the extra spending money or if you're thinking about getting it during a sale, what are you waiting for? Buy this game!

I give it an 8.5/10 :)
  6. Nov 11, 2015
    Just a ton of fun! Completely absurd but a great way to blow off some steam. The voice acting and comedy were top-notch. This was the first Saints Row that I played and it totally had me hooked.
  7. Nov 11, 2015
    GTA V before it was made!
    It's fun, nasty, hard, easy, boring and all of that mixed with a great gameplay and story.
    Ohh also, death alot of death!
  8. Aug 21, 2015
    this game gives good feeling of shooting and hitting sense. this game is a well-made open world game. it's cool more than GTA series. it's crazy storyline is not good so so.
  9. May 30, 2015
    This is a real fun game. I loved it. The plot isn't amazing and the graphics won't blow your mind, but there's a ton of stuff to do and it will take your mind off things cause it's really funny.
  10. May 19, 2015
    Saints Row: The Third is hilarious. The story and the missions are crazy and over the top. The soundtracks are also great. The vehicles are great and the customization is excellent. The character customization is also great. Some of the characters are voiced by famous people like Hulk Hogan, Sasha Grey, etc. The weapon upgrade system is what I don't like. I accidentally upgraded my SMG toSaints Row: The Third is hilarious. The story and the missions are crazy and over the top. The soundtracks are also great. The vehicles are great and the customization is excellent. The character customization is also great. Some of the characters are voiced by famous people like Hulk Hogan, Sasha Grey, etc. The weapon upgrade system is what I don't like. I accidentally upgraded my SMG to shoot fire and when I shoot it at someone they caught on fire which is annoying because when you're in a hurry and run close to the enemy you shoot, you'll be caught on fire too. I wish they had some way to downgrade weapons or an option to remove the special ability for weapons. Overall Saints Row: The Third is a fun and funny game with may things to do. Expand
  11. May 14, 2015
    Even though a parody on the genre, Saints Row III is a solid and fun to play game. The style is that of the GTA, but the pace is much more speedy. The storyline is simply hilarious - just start the game, and watch the first trailer. At places i had to stop playing i laughed so hard! I only wish the story was a little longer - if you just cover the main plot line, you will finish theEven though a parody on the genre, Saints Row III is a solid and fun to play game. The style is that of the GTA, but the pace is much more speedy. The storyline is simply hilarious - just start the game, and watch the first trailer. At places i had to stop playing i laughed so hard! I only wish the story was a little longer - if you just cover the main plot line, you will finish the game within i'd say 10-14 hours. Saints Row, however, offers many "side-missions" which progress in level as you go through the game, which echo the overall mood of the game in their fun and hilarity! Awesome game! Expand
  12. Mar 18, 2015
    I joined the game seris in the third, and this game was constant laughs and what the F*** moments, definatly worth buying as plenty of stuff to do and plenty of story to keep you hooked no matter how wild the story got
  13. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is amazing graphics awesome gameplay very funny awesome costumes amazing weapons nice voice acting and Burt Reynolds as the Mayor awesome the story is amazing
  14. Jan 9, 2015
    This game is fun, funny and enjoyable.
    Sort of like GTA but much more fun with less frustration.
    I haven't even finished the game, on 79% completion, lvl 48 and have over 4 million in money and have nothing to spend it on. Own everything, upgraded all weapons, have a garage with heaps of fully customised cars and bikes. Bought all outfits and upgrades that are unlocked. Wish there
    This game is fun, funny and enjoyable.
    Sort of like GTA but much more fun with less frustration.

Wish there was more stuff to buy, just doesn't seem enough.

15. Nov 24, 2014
    Fun, Fun and more Fun...
    This game made exactly for games must be made for... FUN!!! Lots of Fun... :D
    Good jokes, interesting story, easy and instinctive gameplay, also beautiful and specific graphics for SRTT, can say that it's not Saints Row 2 yes, but it take its own niche and it's really fun and good game.
  16. Nov 2, 2014
    better than gta v this game is still the funnest open world game ive played the only games that compare to it are Garrys mod and minecraft i think gmod and minecraft are better but this is better than every gta game ever and saints row 4 is evan better than this game
  17. sft
    Aug 11, 2014
    Saints preserve us, this game is insane!

Saints preserve us, this game is insane!

SAINTS ROW THE THIRD is the most unpretentious game I’ve played to date. It aims to be a gloriously over the top thrill ride and it succeeds with great aplomb. From start to finish it’s all-out mayhem. Nowhere else do you get the opportunity to batter someone with a huge adult toy or drive around town with an angry tiger in the passenger seat. Few games have actually made me laugh out loud but SRTT did. There are some truly hilarious moments and plenty of dry dialogue. The one-liners are delivered with perfection by the voice actors (I chose the English voice for the playable character – voiced by Robin Atkin Downes, I believe – and it fitted seamlessly). There have been criticisms that story missions feel more like side missions and I can understand this concern. But story is not really what this game is about. There has to be a narrative of sorts but it’s the freewheeling craziness of the gameplay that makes this game a joy. Graphically the game is pretty good without being notable. Steelport is nicely realised but some of the character models are less impressive. The soundtrack is worth a note as it includes some fantastic music from just about every genre imaginable. It may not be to everyone’s taste but if you fancy 15+ hours of riotous pandemonium (plus however many hours of coop, although I suspect it might get old quite quickly once you’ve finished the campaign and experienced all the hilarity and craziness) then you can’t go far wrong with this game.
  18. Aug 1, 2014
    This is still one of the best games. I always appreciated GTA and I loved the environment, but I'd quickly get bored. I'd run over a bunch of people, get into a chase, and turn it off. It had it's moments but the saints is just fast, action packed, and looks great. The amount of content in this game is ridiculous. It's not just one thing like weapons, or cars, it's everything. There is anThis is still one of the best games. I always appreciated GTA and I loved the environment, but I'd quickly get bored. I'd run over a bunch of people, get into a chase, and turn it off. It had it's moments but the saints is just fast, action packed, and looks great. The amount of content in this game is ridiculous. It's not just one thing like weapons, or cars, it's everything. There is an excess of so much and options right there to attempt to speed through it if you want, but you won't. You can't because, there is a ton of it. SRIV addresses the issue of getting to places faster. It's a wonderful mod, but once you complete it this is likely what you'll go back to.

To those of you giving it negative reviews because the gore isn't realistic enough for you and you don't feel enough motivation... please seek help. I know it's not your fault as it's just nature and you are programmed that way, but seriously do us all a favor and get some type of counseling. We need to evolve as a species and your type causes us to hit the reset button on that over and over just so you can have your fun making everyone else suffer. Hopefully at some point the human race will be able to single you out and isolate you to live with each other on your own planet where you can just kill each other to your hearts content.
  19. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video gameThis game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video game ever, I think we can all agree that there is something to be said about this. This is a satire on modern life, the glorification of hip hop culture, the media and action movies as a whole. If you're 15 maybe this game isn't for you, if you're a 20 or early 30 something person who grew up with video games, the cultural references in here are designed for you. A few things might have been nice, like a 'fast travel' set of options to avoid some of the more annoying elements, more guns, more songs for driving, but the story, the humor and the brilliant satire more than makes up for it. This is as close to perfection in video game entertainment as is possible, don't miss it, I nearly did dismissing it as a GTA clone, it isn't, it's somehow more and when it isn't, it makes fun of itself. Expand
  20. Jul 17, 2014
    An excellent game, filled with comedy and a bit of insanity. It takes the basic format of GTA and makes it silly, but with a decent story (albeit some missions are just introductions to the various activities).
  21. Jun 23, 2014
    This game is amazing, the visuals are good, the storyline is good and the gameplay is good.

I have not encountered a glitch in this game and I have completed all the activities and base game, the game had pulled me in and I could not stop until I had finished it and found out what happened in the end, the world is not very inter-active and there is not much to do after you have finished it than activities and call your buddies to kill police (Which I have spent hours of doing :P) but it is still entertaining, the game is never serious about killing or deaths of enemies, the game is not serious overall which is nice to see in a game, all the people saying this game is a GTA comparison have not played this game, I like this game because it is well constructed, funny and overall silly.
  22. Jun 22, 2014
    Decided to play this again and yes it was as fun as I remembered. The humor might have gone a bit overboard at times but hey, that's what Saints Row is all about. I had to download some mods to fix the field of view and aim assist (it occurs even with mouse and keyboard) but no big deal really. It is just a fun, good looking game.
  23. Jun 4, 2014
    This was the first SR game I ever played and it was right before the release of the Saints Row 4. This just got me into this series and I was laughing hard while playing this brilliant game. All the jokes, easter eggs, amazing characters... I just needed something like this!
  24. May 25, 2014
    Last Played: Feb 2014
    PROS: + True single-player sandbox with minimal story to get in the way + Several fast vehicles means you aren't stuck with one "best" vehicle all the time + Blowing stuff up (which is 98% of the game) is really fun
    CONS: - Some weapons are weak and you'll never use - Some fight types are irritating (gang survival) REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is
    Last Played: Feb 2014

REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is not trying to be GTA. It is not trying to offer a story, or multiplayer (which is tacked on if you insist on trying), or a rich cultural experience, or any other pretentious thing you can think of. It is about doing what you want when you want to. You want to throw a fart-in-a-jar at a cop? Fine. Want to run over hookers on a motorcycle? That's fine too. The only limitation is that some event types only appear after a certain "story mission" type (these actually just introduce activity types with some well-voiced but stultifyingly dumb dialogue on the side). That's it. "Finishing" the game doesn't really reward you, because the whole thing is about the activities along the way, and SR3 does this magnificently. You can collect the best vehicles from game start and it is worth grabbing a few, because several of the best cars perform similarly well. Actually, hijacking pretty much any vehicle will make for a passable getaway car (though I wouldn't recommend a garbage truck). This actually works pretty well for the game, since you can experiment with several vehicles instead of being forced into a single best car. The best thing of all, however is the destruction factor--which is good, because the activities are just different variations on blowing stuff up. I said before that the ending isn't rewarding, but you know what? It doesn't matter because the stuff you'll remember are the fireballs along the way.

Which is not to say the game is without flaw. In contrast to the variety of functional cars, there really are "best" weapons that you'll use exclusively (unless forced by a special activity). Ultimately, this doesn't hurt the game too much, because the best weapons are so fun to use, but it is still there. You may also find that certain activity types aren't up your alley. This really shouldn't pose a problem to anyone, though-you'll only be forced to do each activity once (story) and then you can ignore them. If you find the game too easy, you can simply not buy upgrades or call in swarms of allies. This game is all about choice, and it does it oh so well.

Just don't expect to be able to stay away for long periods your first playthrough.
  25. May 18, 2014
    This game is the most hilarious game of all time. The story has absolutely no meaning, it is just WTF. The graphics are excellent, the choice of cars and weapons are very diverse, including the ability to customize each weapon and each car to perfection. In addition, weapons are totally ridiculous (like launcher sharks). In short, buy a game with his sequel !
  26. May 1, 2014
    Totally over the top and lots of fun. A well implemented weapon and ability upgrade system keeps you playing. From zombie invasion to Burt Reynolds, this game has got it all. Check your GTA egos at the door.
  27. Feb 15, 2014
    Having played Saints Row IV before this, I was pleasantly surprised that The Third is similar in its approach to an open-world game. My expectations were quite low; I thought it would be another low-budget GTA clone with nothing interesting to contribute and its entire appeal would be riding on a few gags here and there. It's great to see that Volition have understood exactly what a GTAHaving played Saints Row IV before this, I was pleasantly surprised that The Third is similar in its approach to an open-world game. My expectations were quite low; I thought it would be another low-budget GTA clone with nothing interesting to contribute and its entire appeal would be riding on a few gags here and there. It's great to see that Volition have understood exactly what a GTA clone SHOULD BE, and in every way Saints Row The Third is a superior game to GTA IV - especially on PC. The gameplay is solid, with responsive controls and simple but effective combat. It plays like a third-person shooter but doesn't feel clunky like GTA IV, and is clearly designed for mouse and keyboard. The rest of the game's mechanics are equally impressive; including the driving and RPG elements. Everything is intuitive and there is a lot to do compared to GTA IV. You can take over the city by doing the side activities, buying property and businesses, taking out opposing gangs etc. just like in 3rd-generation GTAs. Unlike GTA however, you can fully customise everything, including your character's appearance, strength, skills, clothes, weapons, vehicles and your gang. I don't think the "menu stuff" could be improved in any way. Everything is self explanatory, and it's definitely a complete package. Indeed, it's baffling how much better this game is compared to GTA IV in terms of quality, especially when considering that GTA IV is (supposedly) a $100 million game. The graphics are stunning; I have never seen a better use of DirectX 11 features in any other open world game. Lighting is unquestionably a visual treet, with shadows, colours, draw distance and ambient occlusion all being top-notch without requiring a super-computer to process it all. Even in times where there are lots of enemies and explosions on screen there's no noticeable framerate hit. What makes it impressive isn't that it's a triple-A title and a well-obtimized game though. It's that Volition were creative with the characters, level design and story. It's not a particularly long game - perhaps the same length, maybe even shorter than GTA IV. However, the amount of content and variety is infinitely greater than GTA IV. The game pokes fun at previous GTA games such as III, Vice City, San Andreas and a host of references to other games such as Gears of War and Team Fortress 2. It's not as over-the-top or comical as Saints Row IV, but achieves a nice balance between a traditional style of sandbox game and also having its own unique identity. The mission "http://deckers.die" is a perfect example of Saints Row's ingeneuity. But there are also plenty of classic levels stolen from the better GTA games, and made more action-packed, comical and fun. The soundtrack of the game is good too, and doesn't feel out of place. In summary, Saints Row The Third is a must-play for fans of sandbox games. It's not as radical as Saints Row IV, but it is perhaps the best a traditional GTA clone can get without becoming totally unrealistic. Expand
  28. Feb 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A quite good GTA clone ideal for people with black humor that would sometimes laugh the s**t of you .
    The game is quite violent,explosive and made me thought the reasons why this game was rated by ESRB M17
  29. Feb 9, 2014
    This Game is better than the last one because its graphics have been improved by a lot, the story line is way better also! This game is entertaining and I've never been bored with it, I say you should buy this game and have no expectations.
  30. Jan 27, 2014
    Amazing game, I ended up loving SR2 thanks to the nostalgia factor of playing the old GTA's in a better, different way. Now SR3 feels like playing a much more polished up, modern, funnier SR. TENOUTTATEN.
  31. Jan 22, 2014
    Grandísimo juego,bueno voy a valorarlo: Jugabilidad: Uno de los mejores en jugabilidad,estoy metido en el juego,tiene infinitas posibilidades para hacer lo que quieras,robar coches,matar asesinos o policías,crear tu propia banda,sus colores,editar tu personaje con infinidad de posibilidades y encima puedes escuchar la música en el coche tuya propia que quieras (del juego). Tecnología:Grandísimo juego,bueno voy a valorarlo: Jugabilidad: Uno de los mejores en jugabilidad,estoy metido en el juego,tiene infinitas posibilidades para hacer lo que quieras,robar coches,matar asesinos o policías,crear tu propia banda,sus colores,editar tu personaje con infinidad de posibilidades y encima puedes escuchar la música en el coche tuya propia que quieras (del juego). Tecnología: Tiene muchísimas armas,coches,misiones variadas y un mapa extenso e increíble,te gustara mas que el 2. Gráficos: Son mucho mejores que el 2 aunque tiene algunos fallos,pero nada que estropee lo juegazo que es. Sonido: De lo mejorcito,una pena que no este en español,eso pierde mucho la verdad,no me gusta oírlo todo en otro idioma.. Innovación: Innovaron muchísimo respecto al 2 y la verdad es que no me ha decepcionado,juegazo sin duda,un IMPRESCINDIBLE para cualquier jugador que le guste pasarla haciendo el gamberro con acción,risas y diversión!! Expand
  32. Jan 8, 2014
    I had originally played on xbox but i just got it on PC and i must say that the game graphically is way better but playing it took time to get used to and the crashes were annoying…
  33. Jan 3, 2014
    I've played many GTA games and a lot of old open world adventure games in the past, and I must say, this turned out to be a very fun and casual game.

A game that truly fulfills any ego to occasionally go out and smash around stuff with absolute impunity or speeding through traffic in total road rage without any hesitation of destroying anything or losing anything significant value.

To get there, you'd have to first earn your way up, but the gameplay is so laid back that you really don't have to take anything seriously, and that is true even in co-op with your friends. Even if a particular mission fails, there is no heavy penalty, everyone keeps all the guns and cars they've collected and everyone can feel free to retry at their leisure. No pressure at all, which is a total refreshment for all the serious and heavy gaming expects everyone to heavily invest in a gamble to risk losing one thing or another. Not that it is a bad thing necessarily, but it really relieves the hassle of that in this casual environment.

The story itself is relatively short, but that's only to provide an introduction into this sandbox world I believe. The main focus was never really the story, but the world itself. The story however, is just content to introduce all the game mechanics SR3 had to offer. Not to mention the wackiness and humor that you just won't get to see on a regular basis. Pimps riding on chariots? A giant ball of yarn wrecking havoc? A game show devoted to slaughter mascots? Not intended to humor children and mindful sticklers, but if you were, you wouldn't pick up a game about gangstas in the first place, unless your only intent is to patronize it.

Overall, it is a game that's well deserved its full marks, simply just because it has managed to capture this player's undivided attention until all missions and almost all achievements (96%) have been completed for 252 hours.
  34. Jan 1, 2014
    This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is AThis Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Expand
  35. Dec 15, 2013
    Game: Saints Row The Third
    Genre: Action
    Developer: THQ Volition System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Fun and Addictive open world atmosphere +A lot of great weapons and attacks to use
    Game: Saints Row The Third

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Fun and Addictive open world atmosphere
    +A lot of great weapons and attacks to use
    +Very colorful game
    +A lot of humorous moments
    +Storyline is quite well made
    +Multiplayer Co-Op Campaign is well made
    +Additional play modes are a nice addition aside from the main gameplay

Cons
    -Unable to use custom tracks compared to GTA
    -Not as much mods as you would expect in a PC game
  36. Dec 7, 2013
    Saints Row: The Third...
    Many people will say that this game isn't as good as is predecessor, but in this reviewers opinion, I'd say that I enjoyed this one more. The story line may not be as good, but the game play for me really saved it, aside from some hilarious bugs, the game was fine, performance was good etc. I find that the jokes were pretty funny.
    On top of that the multiplayer
    Saints Row: The Third...
    On top of that the multiplayer is incredibly hilarious even though it doesn't seem like they put much work into tailoring the campaign for multiplayer, because the cut scenes on show yourself.
    Overall, I find it an enjoyable game, with a very sincere ending.
  37. Oct 30, 2013
    Fantastic game!
    SR 1/2 were trying to remain somewhat realistic while being insanely fun, this game is only about the fun!
    Great relaxing game where u get to blow up everything. Some stuff are missing such as racing and a few other activities I wish we would have seen here. The story doesn't make me care as much as the first games, but then again its ment to be crazy.
  38. Oct 28, 2013
    I would like to say I have never played a saints row game before saints row the third and I can tell you I had a blast. I played the whole game with a friend on co-op and loved the mayhem we caused. The game did a great job with syncing both players when playing co-op online with only a few minor issues with vehicles but it didn't effect the over all gameplay. The story was a great mix ofI would like to say I have never played a saints row game before saints row the third and I can tell you I had a blast. I played the whole game with a friend on co-op and loved the mayhem we caused. The game did a great job with syncing both players when playing co-op online with only a few minor issues with vehicles but it didn't effect the over all gameplay. The story was a great mix of GTA and comic book type humor with some paths you can choose which direction you can go. This game had a huge amount of character customization with more clothing than jcpenney. All in all I had a really great time playing this game and will stay as one of my favorite co-op games. Expand
  39. Sep 13, 2013
    Nice Game This game is fun playing. I love all the action. I like the game mechanics. The car brakes and handling are good. This is game is really worth buying. It comes up with something new. Its worth every penny.
  40. Sep 12, 2013
    Saints Row the third is a massive improvement over SR2 in the graphic and animation department, in regards to story and content i would say it feels half of what SR2 was, still a very very good game.
  41. Sep 12, 2013
    i never played a saints row game before but this one is just amazing amazing gameplay music and soundtracks lots and lots of funny moments there is nothing bad i can say about this game i enjoyed every bit of it
  42. Sep 12, 2013
    Really fun game.
    Dumbed down version of SR1 and SR2, but still fun to play.
    Lots of comparisons to previous games and to GTA IV, but having played all of them,
    it deserves a place on its own.
    mainstream campaign missions too short.
  43. Sep 12, 2013
    One word: Fun. Lots and lots of it. It's full of over-the-top action, a witty storyline and crazy and varied missions. Logic and reason have been chucked out of the window to provide a complete gaming experience. The large variety of unique weapons and vehicles are a huge bonus I loved the Apoca-Fist. (Who needs guns when you can smash through enemies with your bare hands?) Even the sideOne word: Fun. Lots and lots of it. It's full of over-the-top action, a witty storyline and crazy and varied missions. Logic and reason have been chucked out of the window to provide a complete gaming experience. The large variety of unique weapons and vehicles are a huge bonus I loved the Apoca-Fist. (Who needs guns when you can smash through enemies with your bare hands?) Even the side missions are engaging and cannot be ignored. The "gang war" scenario adds a realistic touch to the game, as you are immersed into the role of a Third Street Saint, battling to claim your territory.
    The GTA comparisons are unjustified as they may seem similar games, but SR3 is nowhere as serious as GTA but focuses on being wild and absurd, which makes it an even better game in my opinion.
    Being a GTA fanatic, I was pleasantly surprised by this game.
    I can safely say that SR3 is one of the best games I've ever played.
  44. Sep 11, 2013
    Saints Row moves away from its roots as a GTA clone and moves into entirely different territory; relinquishes drama for fun resulting in an exhilarating, OTT caricature filled with jokes, one-liners and a huge does of self parody.
  45. Sep 11, 2013
    This game can be define as very.. irreverent. It's just very fun to play it with some friends.

From a technical point of view it's very good, and the gameplay mechanics are more arcade than a GTA game.

The story is very stupid, but hey... that's the goal of the entire game.
  46. Sep 8, 2013
    Another game which i was totally wrong with at beginning.
    To sumarize all, i will say that is a great Sandbox game, lots of fun, very brute and with huge amount of good humour. A very casual and informal GTA type game.
    I love it.

Total 8/10
  47. Aug 28, 2013
    I picked this up very cheap during a Steam Sale and couldn’t believe how much fun it was. Following my bitter disappointment with the pile of garbage that is GTA4, I figured this genre was dead, but SR3 has found a way to breathe new life into it. The GTA series is still following the exact same cookie-cutter format from GTA3 way back on the PS2, but Saints Row has found a way to rebrandI picked this up very cheap during a Steam Sale and couldn’t believe how much fun it was. Following my bitter disappointment with the pile of garbage that is GTA4, I figured this genre was dead, but SR3 has found a way to breathe new life into it. The GTA series is still following the exact same cookie-cutter format from GTA3 way back on the PS2, but Saints Row has found a way to rebrand itself into something fresh.

While GTA is still making you comb the city for one car you might like to hang on to and can only save it by precariously parking it in parallel spaces outside your apartment, Saints Row lets you fully customize just about any car you can find with colors, wheel spikes, nitro, etc, and can also have it delivered to you in the middle of the street with a simple cell phone call. Yes, this is a feature whose time has come since now you can actually use vehicles you like on missions instead of being scared to death your tank or FBI car will get blown up or fall off a bridge if you ever take it out for a ride.

VTOL aircraft? Jet bike? With lasers? Yep, those are there, too. Controls are very tight, even for the aircraft, the on-foot combat is far superior to what is still, over a decade later, a clunky & broken system in GTA, and the PC version has full controller support.

An actual reason to explore the city and complete side missions & challenges? Yes, the wealth of unlockable options available, from health upgrades to infinite ammo, to extra costumes for you & your followers, there are tons.

It’s also refreshing that Saints Row refuses to take itself too seriously. Half of a GTA game nowadays is listening to endless dialogue & cutscenes, usually with some political bunk the devs think is very profound. But I’d rather have fun and play a game instead of get propagandized to when I’m paying for the experience. Maybe that’s just me.

If you felt the same way about GTA4 that I did but still enjoy these types of games, SR3 won’t steer you wrong. Go for it. If you’re one of the GTA zombie fanboys slavishly giving that tripe 10 out 10 reviews, then don’t worry, GTAV will be out soon enough to give you more of the same.
  48. Aug 23, 2013
    Definitely worth your time. I spent around 40 hours just messing around and the main story isn't too bad either. Also, these people understand that crude humor doesn't have to be racist or sexist humor. The devs clearly know how to have fun and include everyone at the same time.
  49. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is an excellent example of developers wanting to have fun with a game. It started off being a basic, but highly enjoyable, GTA clone with Saints 1 and 2. After moving from being what it use to, Saints Row has become its own Sandbox game of it's own entirety. A game about having a good time and goofing off with a friend in a not-so-serious sandbox adventure.

Ton's of side

Ton's of side mission's and activity's keep you playing and laughing for hours along with the highly customization clothing and car's. The plot it's self is funny as can be, and will keep you interested as you playthrough this story with or without a coop partner.

The PC port of the game is fantastic, and that's coming from the horrible Saints 2 port that had no optimization whatsoever. Driving and running are all completely optimized for PC along with perfect mouse and keyboard support for shooting.

Highly recommend this game if you're looking for a game to just have fun with. Grab a friend and enjoy the street's of Steelport while causing as much maham as you can!
  50. Aug 5, 2013
    DAMN! This game surpasses GTA by all standards. I gave GTA IV a seven, but this game is in another league. It's doesn't try to be a fancy "life simulator" like IV, you know what it tries to be? FUN! That's the whole damn essence of a video game, right?
    I enjoyed every moment and even bought EVERY PIECE of DLC. (Well, it was on sale)
    This game is quirky, funny, freedom oriented (you get
    This game is quirky, funny, freedom oriented (you get to make choices) and most of all, fun.
    And you know what? Props to Deepsilver for not giving up to the console mafia, releasing it to every capable platform- unlike Rockstar, holding out on GTA V and releasing it the consoles but not to us, PC gamers of the world. Granted, it's their choice, but since I'm not getting to choose between the two games, Saints Row IV is the default winner in this battle, for me atleast.
  51. Aug 5, 2013
    I was instantly grabbed by Saints Row 3. It somehow manages to capture the silliness & stunts of the most popular action films in a way that so many other computer games only hint at. It blends short sharp cut scenes to fill in the complicated parts and manages to be hilarious and gripping at the same time. High praise for a game that really doesn’t take itself too seriously. Or perhaps itI was instantly grabbed by Saints Row 3. It somehow manages to capture the silliness & stunts of the most popular action films in a way that so many other computer games only hint at. It blends short sharp cut scenes to fill in the complicated parts and manages to be hilarious and gripping at the same time. High praise for a game that really doesn’t take itself too seriously. Or perhaps it does, but just does a brilliant job of getting the balance right between action and comedy.

The game’s been criticised for reusing the same old formula, but quite frankly with the direction GTA is headed in I’m quite happy with that. Saints Row knows exactly what it wants to be. I jumped in as a female character (a rarity for me), with a Russian accent, who’s victory dance was Carlton’s “It’s not unusual” and who’s taunt was a pelvic thrust from Ace Ventura not something you’d find in the gritty realism of GTA. I did used to take a more serious attitude to gaming and look down on things like that, but with the way my life’s gone recently I’m all up for a bucket of light hearted, reference-filled, die-hard style fun! 5 minutes into the game I’d jumped out of a plane, had a free-falling fire fight, caught a falling comrade and assured her that the plane heading straight towards us wouldn’t be an issue, because I’d just shoot the windows out, kill the bad guys on the way through, come out the other end and catch her again. And then I did it. And it was awesome.

The game unfolds in much the same way as any other sandbox gang world does, there are multiple story arcs which can be done in any order, property purchases for income and activities to break the questing. The activities are a blast and include “how much damage can you cause with a tank in under a minute”, and some sort of reality TV show gauntlet where you make your way through a series of fire/lightning traps while shooting people dressed as mascots to get to the prize room. Completing them results in cash and area control. Whenever you complete an activity, you then control that part of the city and earn more money from it.

The radio stations are the same varied bunch as usual rap station, classical, electronic etc. all featuring parody news readers, adverts and TV commercials. The vehicle physics are generally pretty good, once you’ve got the hang of the handling the cars are really fun to drive. There are also some ridiculous DLCs which came with the game when I bought it, so within about half an hour I was flying around in a military VTOL and having a whale of a time destroying the city using a heat ray out of something like War of the Worlds.

Not much to say about the graphics except that they’re brilliant the explosions, physics, shadows & reflections are all top notch.

Overall, if you’re into this kind of game then Saints Row is a brilliant addition to the genre, it’s engaging, entertaining, serious and funny all at the same time. Even if it doesn’t completely reinvent the wheel, that’s not really what you’re looking for when you pick up a game with the number 3 in the title, so by my standards it’s a definitely worth the money.
  52. Jul 31, 2013
    Really a FUN game. Only real thing I felt negative about it was that its a bit too easy to become rich. Storyline plot, its not like GTA, since its a bit goofy, but otherwise still a fun great game. Definitely worth it.
  53. Jul 20, 2013
    A fantastically ridiculous game! I've killed people with a bat and a fart in a jar, escorted a tiger around while he was trying to eat me, helped a pimp get his hoes back, and battled some mexican wrestlers with a blowup doll. The list of ridiculous things to do in this game goes on and on. The plot is pretty weak and and a bunch of the main missions are actually just copies of the sideA fantastically ridiculous game! I've killed people with a bat and a fart in a jar, escorted a tiger around while he was trying to eat me, helped a pimp get his hoes back, and battled some mexican wrestlers with a blowup doll. The list of ridiculous things to do in this game goes on and on. The plot is pretty weak and and a bunch of the main missions are actually just copies of the side missions, but it doesn't even matter. This is a great game to play if you’re just looking to have some fun. Expand
  54. Jul 13, 2013
    It was a pretty good game for me. I liked the gameplay of the story and the character customization. I felt like they could've improved in some areas such as expanding on the story more and I felt like it was a burden that I had to pay more for some DLC's that should have been apart of the game itself.
  55. Jul 5, 2013
    In 2011 there was a huge number of blockbusters, such as TES V: Skyrim, Batman Archym City, Battlefield 3, COD Modern Warfare 3, Driver San Francisco... The list can be continued long. At all these games there is one similarity is their gravity. Invasion of dragons, the Mad city teeming with villains, World war, etc. All this is good, but sometimes there is a wish to dilute it everythingIn 2011 there was a huge number of blockbusters, such as TES V: Skyrim, Batman Archym City, Battlefield 3, COD Modern Warfare 3, Driver San Francisco... The list can be continued long. At all these games there is one similarity is their gravity. Invasion of dragons, the Mad city teeming with villains, World war, etc. All this is good, but sometimes there is a wish to dilute it everything with something and here Saints Row rushes: The Third.
    From all these Saints Row projects it is distinguished with the bezumnost, fun, especially if to play together with the friend. Tasks are passed on one breath. It is over to the middle of game of mission start being copied itself, but it somehow you cease to notice. After all it is possible to arrange such turmoil and to come off on full. Especially that there are missions of professor Genki.
    In general I advise to all to play in Saints Row and invite the friends together to come off in the city of Stilport.
  56. Jun 26, 2013
    Although it is not the 10 out of 10 revolutionary game that everyone claims it to be, it is an amazingly fun third-person shooter that does not fail to be what it is: A ridiculous game and the only one of its kind. The shooting aspect of the game feels entirely natural, and you never feel like it's getting unfair (except for that god-forsaken Deckers level with built-in lag), Although IAlthough it is not the 10 out of 10 revolutionary game that everyone claims it to be, it is an amazingly fun third-person shooter that does not fail to be what it is: A ridiculous game and the only one of its kind. The shooting aspect of the game feels entirely natural, and you never feel like it's getting unfair (except for that god-forsaken Deckers level with built-in lag), Although I do complain that all the gangs become one and you do not get the freedom given in the previous games, making the game feel questionably linear. My biggest complaints are that the best mini-games were taken out and replaced with bland ones and teammate and cop AI were sometimes frustratingly brainless. If your playing this game, with or without a friend, your in for one hell of a treat. Expand
  57. Jun 22, 2013
    For lack of better words, this game is the definition of "why the heck not." Its basically drunk GTA IV, taken to a whole new level. Overall, this game is hours and hours of fun.
  58. Jun 13, 2013
    I waited for far too long to play this, and it turns out I´ve missed so much! The better GTA in every respect more sillyness, more driving around running things over, more settings things on fire and the missions (and story) are much more explicitly stupid.
    Came to be entertained for a bit, stayed through the entire campaign and all DLC.
  59. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is a very refreshing game because it combines the crazy, insane, explosive and creative killing fun that games such as Borderlands and Loadout possess. However, unlike the two previously mentioned, the difficulty curve isn't ridiculous. The first mission is very easy, and following there are many different mission "paths" that you can choose that introduce new weapons andThis game is a very refreshing game because it combines the crazy, insane, explosive and creative killing fun that games such as Borderlands and Loadout possess. However, unlike the two previously mentioned, the difficulty curve isn't ridiculous. The first mission is very easy, and following there are many different mission "paths" that you can choose that introduce new weapons and abilities that make the game different and harder. It also reminds me of Borderlands in that it is very comical, there are little extras such as squid shooters or killing game shows that are easy but entertaining. There is little story, but this isn't a game to buy for the plotline. However, two things. First, if you have an ATI GPU, just don't get it on PC. Just don't. Despite the rare ATI ads in the starting sequence, ATI drivers always crash playing this game. My friend has an ATI and has the same problem, but my other friend has a NVIDIA and has no troubles. Also, for the style of the game, the non-destructible environments and unrealistic domestic AI (brutally attacking some random person and everybody else on the street not noticing) are a little annoying. Expand
  60. Jun 11, 2013
    GTA with better graphics, story-line, humor, all around craziness, and a more personalized experience. This game is just simply fun, and i find myself looking forward to every time that i play it.
  61. Jun 10, 2013
    This game absolutely blows my mind! The campaign is great, even better in co-op, there's so much to do, tonnes of DLC to play through, Wonderful customization, yet slightly unpolished, and can get repetitive. A must buy for sandboxers, however, if you like on-rails games, you will hate this.
  62. May 30, 2013
    Way too cool!
    Just turn your brain off and get ready to hours of nonsensical fun! The graphic is good, but could be better. Music instead is really cool! Drive a tank through the city while listening to mozart or ride a nitro-powered motorcycle with louder-than-hell metal.
    Just do not play this game if you look for realistic story. You could get reaaally disappointed.
  63. May 19, 2013
    It's mad. In fact, it barely makes any sense at all. But for all its wonky bits, there's an odd charm to Volition's decision to leave nothing on the drawing board. It's not the largest sandbox, but it is packed full of brilliant toys. Saints Row: The Third's commitment to unrestricted, ridiculous fun is unflinching, and the product is a city full of glorious slapstick debauchery.
  64. May 19, 2013
    saints row the the third is one of the best game i have ever played. the storyline is awesome i just love it. okay, if the storyline was awesome, then the gameplay is wonderful. you can make you the character looking like exactly as you want, which is huge plus. i thik saints row the third is perfect game because you can do almost whatever you want. but the main reason why saints ow thesaints row the the third is one of the best game i have ever played. the storyline is awesome i just love it. okay, if the storyline was awesome, then the gameplay is wonderful. you can make you the character looking like exactly as you want, which is huge plus. i thik saints row the third is perfect game because you can do almost whatever you want. but the main reason why saints ow the third is better than for example GTA 4 is that, SR3 uses imagination: giant purple johnny gat dressed as himself, but the most important think, is the kick-ass attitude what the main character have. if you could buy only 1 game in this year, buy SR3!! Expand
  65. Apr 26, 2013
    A great gta style sandbox game with excellent player customization makes this game very enjoyable.

However, when compared to SR2, the game falls flat in terms of story and content. here, the 1st 20 or so missions are just tutorials on various activities that were side quests in SR2.

but its still worth a playthru, and SR4 is on the way!
  66. Apr 4, 2013
    One Of The Best Games Ever Made!!!! Detailed Graphics,total character Customization, Immersive Gameplay, Nonstop Fun, Nonstop Action, The Game That Keeps on Giving, from mini side games to main storyline gameplay. Co-Op Is Totally Fun. It would be better if it were 4 Player Co-op Though.
  67. Apr 3, 2013
    A really good 'open-world'/sandbox type of game. Would say that this is way more superior than GTA IV on PC. At least it wasn't ported off console, and if it was, Volition did a great job in maintaining and increasing the GFX quality.
    However, being that the whole game was mostly themed 'purplish', i didn't really like the color.
    Cars and vehicles in the game was superb, same for the
    Cars and vehicles in the game was superb, same for the storyline.

In my opinion, this game is just purely made for entainment, being a eye-candy. There isn't a big relevance in the DLC, missions. And i would say that it is not recommend to purchase the DLC (only during cheap steam sales). Vehicles, clothing and any small 'tiny' stuff aren't really worth the money. Depending on how you look at microtranscations in-game items.

Would see what and how Saints Row IV would give this August. One of the 3 open-world games that i would surely purchase this year. This, Watch Dogs as well as GTA 5 (not confirmed on PC yet, sadly).

Definitely worth buying, but not the FULL price on Steam. Look out for sales if you haven't bought the game.

Give this a overall rating of 8.0/10
  68. Mar 28, 2013
    It’s difficult to really explain Saints Row The Third without spoiling the story, but there really is a lot going on. It decides to go down a completely different path than Grand Theft Auto, preferring to focus on the surreal and humorous rather than telling a realistic and emotional story.

The development team did a good job of making humour a key part of the game, from the mission dialogues to the sidequests and even on the street itself with pedestrian reactions.

Missions involve clearing out the bad guys’ HQ, rescuing someone, escorting someone to a destination and a mix of these. You can also get helicopters, tanks, cycle, trucks, boats and more. You can customise a lot of these vehicles and add Nitro fuel or increase their durability.

As you earn money, you can buy buildings around the city which contributes to your hourly revenue, you can also spend money on enhanced weapons, more clothes, extra abilities and new cribs.

In terms of weapons you have pistols, rifles, SMGs, shotguns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles and a variety of other weapons including a Remote Control device which lets you control other vehicles and some rather powerful airborne missiles.

Co-operative mode is fantastic and there is plenty of opportunity for antics and player-made games of all kinds. There are even unique activities that require a second player, which makes this the ideal game to play with a buddy. Definitely the best sandbox game to date!
  69. Mar 20, 2013
    This game is not designed to be serious, thought provoking, or realistic. It is all about fast cars, humor, crudeness, shallowness, and lots of explosions. When I need mindless fun, this is my go to game. I did not notice any serious bugs, crashes or other annoyances (that I could see). I bought this game on sale with a ton of add-on's, and the price was right. I would recommend this toThis game is not designed to be serious, thought provoking, or realistic. It is all about fast cars, humor, crudeness, shallowness, and lots of explosions. When I need mindless fun, this is my go to game. I did not notice any serious bugs, crashes or other annoyances (that I could see). I bought this game on sale with a ton of add-on's, and the price was right. I would recommend this to anybody wanting to wind down and have an escape from reality for an hour or two. Buy it if you haven't already, yes, even when Saints Row IV is on the way later this year (how is that possible with THQ is in liquidation?). Expand
  70. Feb 19, 2013
    It's incredibly fun! The story missions are fun. The side missions are fun. The shooting, driving, and flying is all fun. Upgrading and customizing your character is fun. The coop is fun. The story is silly and doesn't take itself seriously. Really, this is a fun game and worth the money.
  71. Feb 8, 2013
    ONE WORD: ENTERTAINMENT. This game has one simple goal: to entertain the player. It does not have to be logical or reasonable. This game has amazing graphics and sound. The story really really doesn't matter. The Writing, and the gameplay make this game the funniest game ever.
  72. Feb 8, 2013
    Excelente juego 100% irreverente y con humor negro. el modo multijugador esta muy bueno (muy pervertido).. le doy un 100 por que esta super divertido y sorprende gratamente.. lo recomiendo al 100
  73. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is surely not for everybody, but as I fancy crazy sandboxes and absurd humor, for me this game is almost a miracle. I have laughed through it, enjoying every moment, being amazed by ingenuity of almost every aspect of the game.
    There are some pieces that do not fit that well some side missions do not have that much of a replay value for one to want to do them multiple times and handling of the game, even though precise in most places, is sometimes not that smooth. Nevertheless, the game was so much fun so many times that I can't give it anything else that full score. For game-play, for fun, for music, for design, for voice act and even for final credits 10/10.
  74. Feb 1, 2013
    ''Saints Row: The Third'' is simply a lot of fun. It's similar to GTA, but with more The story is, so I did not expect, well told, despite the crazy gameplay. There are many side missions that can be extended by DLCs. The characters are so crazy and remain long in the memory. The controll is acceptable, though sometimes inaccurate. The gameplay is just gorgeous and makes it so extremely''Saints Row: The Third'' is simply a lot of fun. It's similar to GTA, but with more The story is, so I did not expect, well told, despite the crazy gameplay. There are many side missions that can be extended by DLCs. The characters are so crazy and remain long in the memory. The controll is acceptable, though sometimes inaccurate. The gameplay is just gorgeous and makes it so extremely fun. In my opinion better than GTA! Expand
  75. Jan 31, 2013
    Saints Row: The Third can be described as the crazier GTA :P I love the gameplay, music, everything is so easily flowing. Missions are crazy, sometimes hilarious :p Some of Saints Row 3 content is delivered via (I think expensive) DLC, so it drops the score of this game. Playing of Saints Row 3 is great fun :)
  76. Jan 29, 2013
    Best sandbox game I've ever played. This game is pure indulgence. The story was ridiculously engaging and characters interesting. It is far from a serious game but that's where all the fun comes from, definitely a cheer-up for those in low spirits! Hot chicks, buff wrestlers, cyber punks, tanks, helicopters, jets, RPGs, a giant purple **** for melee, this game never fails to surprise andBest sandbox game I've ever played. This game is pure indulgence. The story was ridiculously engaging and characters interesting. It is far from a serious game but that's where all the fun comes from, definitely a cheer-up for those in low spirits! Hot chicks, buff wrestlers, cyber punks, tanks, helicopters, jets, RPGs, a giant purple **** for melee, this game never fails to surprise and entertain. Solid gunplay too. Expand
  77. Jan 6, 2013
    This is the most fun I can remember ever having in a co-op game (or possibly any game). There is so much awesomeness packed into this package it is hard to get bored. The voice acting is terrific, the writing is great and one of the best times I've ever had in a game. Glad to hear that part 4 is back on track.
  78. Jan 5, 2013
    Pessoal do Brasil, não pensem que é estupidez minha, esse jogo supera ( e muito ) o GTA. Eu tinha a impressão que era muito pra criança, mas não. Os videos na internet os caras mostram muito a parte bizarra do jogo, mas NÃO tem só isso. As missões são muito diversificadas, com muita emoção. Se não gostaremPessoal do Brasil, não pensem que é estupidez minha, esse jogo supera ( e muito ) o GTA. Eu tinha a impressão que era muito pra criança, mas não. Os videos na internet os caras mostram muito a parte bizarra do jogo, mas NÃO tem só isso. As missões são muito diversificadas, com muita emoção. Se não gostarem podem me xingar, mas duvido que não gostarão. Bom divertimento a todos. Expand
  79. Dec 29, 2012
    I really liked this game, it was fun and the story was pretty good to. But when the story is over it's pretty boring, I wish there were more side missions and not the 15 minute activities that are the same that they put around. Regardless, great game.
  80. Dec 29, 2012
    Extremely fun and entertaining. Super creative weapons and plenty of stunts you can do! I've played it for hours and haven't gotten bored once! Highly reccomended
  81. Dec 27, 2012
    There's absolutely no realism at all... I love it. If you enjoy being a toilet and shooting people, you found the right game for you. Only issue is that the DLC's are a bit lacking and I'm a bit sad that the single-player and multi-player storylines aren't different, but hey, it's still an amazing game.
  82. Dec 24, 2012
    I love this stuff. Tried GTA and hate it. SR is lovely funny and all I like from a game like this. Nothing serious but good entertaining.
    Create your own #10 and drive like hell. fun, fun , fun ....
  83. Dec 13, 2012
    So amazingly off the wall and entertaining, SR3 is pretty much GTA + Timesplitters. All sorts of realistic and absurd weapons round out a healthy 20+ weapon arsenal, ranging from laser rifles to miniguns to an RC gun that lets you take control of any vehicle remotely. A wide array of side missions and activities keep you busy along with an assassination/car theft check list andSo amazingly off the wall and entertaining, SR3 is pretty much GTA + Timesplitters. All sorts of realistic and absurd weapons round out a healthy 20+ weapon arsenal, ranging from laser rifles to miniguns to an RC gun that lets you take control of any vehicle remotely. A wide array of side missions and activities keep you busy along with an assassination/car theft check list and "challenges" (like in-game achievements). You can totally remake your character anytime you want, save custom outfits from hundreds of pieces of clothing, add spoilers and rims to your car colleciton, and create a ninja gangster army; The customization options are colorful and plentiful. There is a long main storyline here but it is not padded by artificial barriers of entry this time unlike most games in this genre so it can be burned through if that's your goal. SR3 is not GOTY and has it's shortcomings but they can be overlooked because of the non-stop action and laughs it provides. Expand
  84. Dec 10, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is a sandbox third-person shooter, in the style of GTA. However, where GTA has become more serious and realistic, Saints Row 3 is ridiculous and, at times, completely insane. Sexual content and violence is not only common in Steelport, it's completely normal. It's true that the humor is a bit juvenile, but they take it to such extremes that I couldn't help but laugh at howSaints Row 3 is a sandbox third-person shooter, in the style of GTA. However, where GTA has become more serious and realistic, Saints Row 3 is ridiculous and, at times, completely insane. Sexual content and violence is not only common in Steelport, it's completely normal. It's true that the humor is a bit juvenile, but they take it to such extremes that I couldn't help but laugh at how silly the whole thing is.

I loved this game. I found that most of the game's mechanics were a lot of fun. There were some amazing main missions, and the side activies were enjoyable (I loved the Genki ones). One downside is that a lot of the guns suck. Instead, I used the basic pistol until the endgame for its accuracy. The controls and camera are fine. The story is stupid but it works. The varied music appeals to many tastes. There's lots of character customization, which I am grateful for.

SR3 requires the stomach for sex and violence, but if you're okay with that, this game is really fun and can keep you busy for quite a while. It's a great co-op game. Get the DLC if the price drops; Genkibowl and Special Ops Vehicle Pack are my top picks.
  85. Dec 5, 2012
    Awesomely fun game, especially when played in co-op with another friend.
    Lots of fun to be had and lots of hours to spend.
    My only complaint is the car physics which could've used a little more work.
  86. Dec 2, 2012
    What do you get when you combine guns, free-roaming, hookers, and Belgium waffles? This game. Saints Row is absurd, twisted, and hilarious. The first few missions get you hooked onto the game play, and the rest take off from there. Although single player is a blast, Co-Op is way more entertaining and crazy. Careful though, it is easy to get burnt out from a game like this if you play itWhat do you get when you combine guns, free-roaming, hookers, and Belgium waffles? This game. Saints Row is absurd, twisted, and hilarious. The first few missions get you hooked onto the game play, and the rest take off from there. Although single player is a blast, Co-Op is way more entertaining and crazy. Careful though, it is easy to get burnt out from a game like this if you play it for too long. Expand
  87. Nov 2, 2012
    It's an enjoyable game. But what it's predecessor lacked when it came to technical issues, this one lacks in the richness the second instalment offered. There is less exploring and activities disguise themselves as missions handed out by your fellow homies. That leads to having to do heli assault, drug or hoe trafficing instead of them being an option. You are force fed in order to moveIt's an enjoyable game. But what it's predecessor lacked when it came to technical issues, this one lacks in the richness the second instalment offered. There is less exploring and activities disguise themselves as missions handed out by your fellow homies. That leads to having to do heli assault, drug or hoe trafficing instead of them being an option. You are force fed in order to move the main plot forward. Expand
  88. Oct 31, 2012
    I purchased this game from steam while it was at a discount at $14.00. I have never played any of the previous Saints Row games, so I did not have any expectations. The game is basically an over-the-top third-person shooter driven by an over-the-top story. The story of the game, as a whole, is nothing special. It basically serves to progress you through different shooter missions and theI purchased this game from steam while it was at a discount at $14.00. I have never played any of the previous Saints Row games, so I did not have any expectations. The game is basically an over-the-top third-person shooter driven by an over-the-top story. The story of the game, as a whole, is nothing special. It basically serves to progress you through different shooter missions and the occasional random mini-game. The actual dialogue in the game is hilarious, however. Every character is interesting and every encounter involves poking at something. Unlike the majority of entertainment that attempts this, Saints Row misses very rarely. Graphics were nothing special, but fit the games over-the-top tone well. Saints Row offers a wide-variety of customization and plenty of customizable content even without DLC. I played the entire game co-op with a friend, and it was fun seeing our different characters, weapons, and cars. The combat itself is (you guess it) over-the-top. The majority of the game is spent shooting things, and the combat is good enough to keep it from getting dull. As of September of 2012, I played the entire game through online co-op and we experienced a combined three crashes, and we experienced no other bugs/glitches. The game gave us about 18 hours of entertainment, although I imagine some people may get more from multiple characters (and there is plenty more for completionists).

Final thoughts:If you want to kill some time, this is a fantastic game to get, especially at the prices you can find the game at now.
  89. Oct 25, 2012
    If you like having hot chicks as bodyguards, blowing stuff up, shooting everythin and everyone, running around the city naked, flying apache and blackhawk helicopters, running down cars with a tank, drive like a maniac, killing whores with bats and giant **** using a minigun to shoot down choppers and blow cars away from your camino, killing zombies, fighting with swats in full riot gearIf you like having hot chicks as bodyguards, blowing stuff up, shooting everythin and everyone, running around the city naked, flying apache and blackhawk helicopters, running down cars with a tank, drive like a maniac, killing whores with bats and giant **** using a minigun to shoot down choppers and blow cars away from your camino, killing zombies, fighting with swats in full riot gear etc etc etc....... Trust me this game is for you Expand
  90. Sep 28, 2012
    this is a craaaazy game! a great way to spend your free time! its obvious the story line is kinda stupid, its suposed to be so. its the gameplay and how craaaazy it is! the weapons are redicolius and fun to use. the co-up is also great but only with friends. the characters are some times loveable, mostly pierce, he is a bad drive still, just saying...
  91. Sep 23, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third was a big surprise for me. I played the first Saints Row and didn´t like it at all, but this game is (with lack of a better word) awesome. Tons of things to do both alone and with a friend, lot´s of quests and sidequests, alot of different vehicles to drive around in and so on. I got this game 2 days ago and still enjoy it more and more for each day, iSaints Row: The Third was a big surprise for me. I played the first Saints Row and didn´t like it at all, but this game is (with lack of a better word) awesome. Tons of things to do both alone and with a friend, lot´s of quests and sidequests, alot of different vehicles to drive around in and so on. I got this game 2 days ago and still enjoy it more and more for each day, i really can´t and don´t want to stop playing it. There is just to much cool stuff to do. Expand
  92. Sep 2, 2012
    Just fun, plain and simple. My only problem is that there is not quite enough of the story and the city take over gameplay is a bit meh. All in all there is a certain crazyness to the game which will make you smile.
  93. Aug 28, 2012
    It lacks the depth of a GTA title but the mindless fun of SR3 is awesome. I love the GTA serious and so naturally the SR series fit right into my like column. The third is much more over the top than previous outings and I found this game to be a devilish good time. The best part was the freedom for friends to drop into your campaign and co-op with you for as long as they like and thenIt lacks the depth of a GTA title but the mindless fun of SR3 is awesome. I love the GTA serious and so naturally the SR series fit right into my like column. The third is much more over the top than previous outings and I found this game to be a devilish good time. The best part was the freedom for friends to drop into your campaign and co-op with you for as long as they like and then you can just continue on. I'm primarily a single player gamer but my friends at work had this game and so it just made the fun level escalate. The DLC material was over-priced IMO but at Summer Sale the price was certainly worth it. I think I got the game and all the DLC for around 25 bucks. After two playthroughs and hours of mindless rampaging this game was a lot of fun. It doesn't have the depth that we have grown to expect from GTA games but what it does it does well. All around fun experience. Expand
  94. Aug 26, 2012
    This game is awesome. Being a huge GTA fan I came to Saints Row with a bit more than strong criticism and was set on finding every single flaw in the game. But that's not what Saints Row is about. It's simply about having as much fun as possible and it's something that Saints Row delivers in droves. Very highly recommended.
  95. Aug 8, 2012
    The story mode is great, the character creator is top notch, the upgrade system is great, the cars and the weapons are all very nice, the multiplayer works perfectly, and everything you do is just plain fun. While much of the game industry embraces the grinding inherent in the MMO and F2P genres, Saints Row: The Third decides to let you have fun all the time. Which leads me to my only twoThe story mode is great, the character creator is top notch, the upgrade system is great, the cars and the weapons are all very nice, the multiplayer works perfectly, and everything you do is just plain fun. While much of the game industry embraces the grinding inherent in the MMO and F2P genres, Saints Row: The Third decides to let you have fun all the time. Which leads me to my only two complaints about this game: There should be more of it.

Other games should be more like it.
  96. Jul 29, 2012
    Hardcore fans of the series will tell you that this game is a huge letdown, and you should not buy it. However, I can tell you that you should treat this like hardcore fans of a band. Sometimes, in the music business, you have to change the recipe just a little - and this is where all the hardcore fans rage and call the bands sellouts. This is "the case" with Saints Row 3. People whoHardcore fans of the series will tell you that this game is a huge letdown, and you should not buy it. However, I can tell you that you should treat this like hardcore fans of a band. Sometimes, in the music business, you have to change the recipe just a little - and this is where all the hardcore fans rage and call the bands sellouts. This is "the case" with Saints Row 3. People who played the previous games hate SR3, because it's changing the recipe, takes some risks and this doesn't fit in the happy world of a fanboy. I haven't played any of the previous Saints Row games, and after taking a look at videos and taking up a lot of reading about the previous Saints Row games, I'm not going to pick them up, because they look horrible to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original SR games were slum-based gangfights and nothing stylish, random, or funny. A "even-more-low-life-version" of GTA so to speak. The GTA series has a style that portrays you as a low-life criminal, but not enough for it to be annoying.

With that said, people seem to think a major problem with Saints Row 3 is the style - in the words of Johnny Gat: "We traded our dicks in for **** - the Saints are celebrities and have their own bloody stores and movies. This is a plus for me, because it's wack enough to make sense. It has a lot of awkward "random girl lol so funneh" jokes, but most of them actually work well with how the characters are, and how the setting is. Bottom-line is - It's a great game. Don't listen to "Saints Row Veterans" as they came here expecting a low-life criminal shootdown, but got a prestige rich-mans gang with purple neon and a city that's just waiting to get **** - and this turned them off.

It is not without its problems though. Now and then, the streets are empty - you turn your camera angle back and forth, and suddenly there's life everywhere. There are some issues with the plot, that left me wondering if I missed something like a cutscene, but the whole thing is still going to make sense - there are just some bits of the story that you hear about in dialogue, that makes you wonder why this wasn't a big deal with a cutscene and so forth.

The BIGGEST issue is the story missions. Far too many of these only serve as a "beginner's version" of the activities around Steelport, which means the actual story elements are casually ignored just to get you into the action. I found this a bit awkward. My last issue would be characters, specifically Shaundi. She appears to be a very important character in Saints Row, yet the developers don't focus on her at all. She's a main character in the first few missions, and then she's practically gone for the rest of the story, which is weird when she becomes a HUGE part in the later missions - the game doesn't explain why you should care about her - Only SR veterans will know why. The game runs well, there's a distinct style and there's a lot to do around Steelport. Aiming is smooth and there's many fun hours to be had. As a closing comment, I'll say: Treat this game as a stand-alone title. Forget that it's a part of a series, and you'll have a blast. All you need to know is fairly well hinted throughout dialogue, meaning you don't have to know anything about the Saints, at all, to enjoy the game.
  97. Jul 23, 2012
    A very very nice game but with limited replayability. The co-op functionality is very refreshing to see in these types of games, and the inclusion of a whore mode (survival) was and added bonus, without that I may have given the game a 6. There is nothing at all wrong with the game in anyway just that its short and considering the price they've been asking for this game for a long time nowA very very nice game but with limited replayability. The co-op functionality is very refreshing to see in these types of games, and the inclusion of a whore mode (survival) was and added bonus, without that I may have given the game a 6. There is nothing at all wrong with the game in anyway just that its short and considering the price they've been asking for this game for a long time now it was not worth it to pay top dollar. Just way way to short for this kind of game. Did I mention how short the game is? Its soooo short. Screw it, im giving it a six. Expand
  98. Jul 22, 2012
    I didn't think I would like this game as much as I did. It is consistently wacky and inventive. In an age of games getting kicked out the door at maybe 80% complete, Saints Row: the Third is positively *polished.* Gameplay is straightforward and intuitive, yet challenging. The sense of humor is a bit sophomoric, but it stays genuinely funny enough that most players won't mind. TheI didn't think I would like this game as much as I did. It is consistently wacky and inventive. In an age of games getting kicked out the door at maybe 80% complete, Saints Row: the Third is positively *polished.* Gameplay is straightforward and intuitive, yet challenging. The sense of humor is a bit sophomoric, but it stays genuinely funny enough that most players won't mind. The humor is over-the-top in the best way: the second mission has the player jumping out of an airplane, jumping back into the same airplane and shooting up the inside, grabbing a new parachute as he/she passes and firing then jump out of the same plane--and it pretty much keeps up the pace from there. My only complaint is that some missions are just Activities with some window dressing. And that's fine for the missions that introduce said activities, less so for the missions that simply feature them. The activities themselves are great--Volition has taken the things that most people did in GTA-style games (such as seeing how back of an accident they can cause or going on a rampage with a tank) and made them legitimate gameplay mechanics. In short, the developers knew what players were going to do, and built their game around it. Most importantly, the kept the game consistently *fun.* Is this a watershed game people will be talking about 10 years from now, in the same sentences as Grand Theft Auto, Bioshock, or Call of Duty 4? Probably not. Is it a damn good time? You bet. Expand
  99. Jul 22, 2012
    I'll start saying I'm not a fan of the Saints Row series, but I've played the second game for about 15-20 hours, and for what I've noticed this game is always compared to the previous one for being "poor and lacking" than the previous game. My answer: yes. And no. I don't like comparing games, even within the franchises, but I can tell for sure that, even though this game is lacking, it'sI'll start saying I'm not a fan of the Saints Row series, but I've played the second game for about 15-20 hours, and for what I've noticed this game is always compared to the previous one for being "poor and lacking" than the previous game. My answer: yes. And no. I don't like comparing games, even within the franchises, but I can tell for sure that, even though this game is lacking, it's still a LOT of fun. Ok, the main story is worse than the previous one, the story is linear and the death of one of the iconic character really was a bad idea, but I also play for the gameplay, and in that regard it didn't really disappoint me (at least not completely). For example, the sidemissions now are much more required to play because they give you also territory, giving you a good reason to complete them, without mentioning that it's just one single mission (instead of 6 all together), on a certain difficulty, giving you a certain amount of respect and money. Speaking of which, the respect system is now much more open, working like an RPG and not as a simple meter: while I know respect was used to do missions and etc, in here respect is for unlocking skills, abilities, weapon specific perks, and so on: that really makes you play even more the side missions, and you'll need a lot of money to unlock them all, and even though some might not like this system, the point is that this system gives you more reasons to play sidemissions and get money (while in the previous, sidemissions gave you yes money, respect, but also specific bonus, now unlocked with money). The vehicles are also very fun to use, especially the plane, and I like the variety of cars you can have, and surprinsingly, customize (I could customize even a cleaning vehicle...that was so unexpected). And the garage, while in here I use it a lot, in the previous I hardly did, because the vehicle used was "consumed", and basically you had to take another in order to use it again, or bring it back to the garage for using it again...so it was useless. And one last thing: the customization is both improved and downgraded, but In general the customization was much more fun to do here than the previous, spending tons of money just to make my avatar look like a complete retard. Or badass. However, these were the good points, and there are plenty bad points too. Together with the bad story, the missions in it for example are sometimes very boring and the sidemissions, while some are fun and new, many of them are actually the same from the previous game (if you never played the previous ones, you might not even notice it). The cellphone, in addition, makes things too easy, especially when you get the next mission in any moment: it's a nice addition, it kills the dead times between travels, you can call your members anytime and even call your gang to bring vehicles, but it feels very cheap sometimes and, strangely, you can't accept all sidemissions on it (only hitman and car steal), and that could have been useful. A lot. I'm probably skipping some major and minor flaws , but that's because this game was a lot of fun that I didn't even care, and I'm actually making a lot of effort to bring up some real problems: probably this game is the worse of the series and that I can't probably argue, but as a game itself it's extremely fun to play and, again, it's what a game should do in the first place, and if you love absurd actions, over-the-top shooting and crazy moments, you're in for a good moment of insanity, laughs, and pure non-sense! Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.