8.1

1. Nov 15, 2011
    Genius, pure genius. If you are easily offended, this is not for you, but if you want some laugh out loud fun, mixed with some surprisingly emotional moments and great game play, don't even hesitate, buy this game. Thanks THQ and Volition for a game that exceeded my expectations.
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    To go from a completely unplayable PC game (Saints Row 2) to one of the best PC ports of the year is quite an achievement for the series and the developers.
    This game is better optimized than GTAIV and the UI/Menus are functional and well designed. It controls flawlessly with a keyboard/mouse.
    The writing is actually clever, the voice acting is great, and the gameplay mechanics are solid and fun as hell.

To all the people complaining about day 1 DLC:
    It costs a great deal of money to make a AAA game now days, yet taking inflation into account, we pay less for a $50 game than ever.
    You have two choices, pay $70-80 for a new release, or pay $50 for 2/3rds of the content and then pay for the rest voluntarily (after you've decided if you like the game or not).
    To me, the second option is much better, because it gives the customer choices.
    Sorry, but $50 for a full-length AAA game isn't an option anymore.
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    Oh my god, haha, where do I even start? This game is pure fun. Just fun! I love the crazy one liners, I love the ridiculous action, there's pretty much nothing I dislike about this game. More fun than anything else out on the gaming market. Buy it if you have the means, I swear you won't regret it.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    Game of the Year, GTA on steroids. This game is explosive, fun, and takes gaming to a level we have never seen before. This game is the bad boy of the gaming industry.
  5. Jun 19, 2012
    This game is really amazing fun!! I picked it up for a discounted price on Steam but honestly, had I known how great this game was, I would have picked it up for a full price and earlier! I fell in love with my main character, but I also felt for my homies. Great voice acting, funny activities and simply awe inspiring main story missions put this game waaaay ahead anything that GTA hasThis game is really amazing fun!! I picked it up for a discounted price on Steam but honestly, had I known how great this game was, I would have picked it up for a full price and earlier! I fell in love with my main character, but I also felt for my homies. Great voice acting, funny activities and simply awe inspiring main story missions put this game waaaay ahead anything that GTA has come up with for years. Saints Row >>>>>>>>> GTA. The game is crazy, if you have a sense of humor, you'll love it. Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2012
    An adult themed game that is the best sandbox environment I have played in years. Total fun factor between mini missions and actual story line content, can't wait for the next expansion to play some more!
  7. Feb 26, 2012
    92% While Saints Row The Third does have it's issues in terms of bugs, it's few and far between and the smooth performance and graphical customizations available make the game accessible to a lot of gamers. The gameplay is easy to enjoy. Missions are varied and at times somewhat challenging. Graphics are very sharp and with the over the top use of vibrant colours it looks amazing and has a92% While Saints Row The Third does have it's issues in terms of bugs, it's few and far between and the smooth performance and graphical customizations available make the game accessible to a lot of gamers. The gameplay is easy to enjoy. Missions are varied and at times somewhat challenging. Graphics are very sharp and with the over the top use of vibrant colours it looks amazing and has a lot of charm. Saints Row may not be the most realistic game but it certainly is one of the most fun. For the full review please visit www.insidepcgaming.com Expand
  8. Feb 17, 2012
    Great game. If you waiting for GTA V get this now! Funny and crazy. Nice city and vehicles. Plane is awesome. Graphic is not the best but keeps the level of :)
  9. Jan 20, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third - definitely a game that was lacking in recent years. After all, where else will make it possible to run in stupid costumes, a couple of thugs to beat up a huge **** jumping into the car through the windshield and see the killer movies where the protagonists soaked "black" jokes. Fans of thrash frenzy and gangsta **** necessarily to educate.
    Pros: Elegant character
    Pros: Elegant character customization, rich gameplay, great graphics, diverse music and good sound.
    Cons: All this madness ends too quickly, I would like a little bigger.
  10. Jan 28, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is the most fun game i have ever seen !!!!! I has lots of things to keep you hooked for hours besides the real story-line. It has got cannon car , flying bikes , vertical take off plane and some superb weapons and fun items which you can use from the start of the game ! And what can I say about its cut scenes . they are so awesome , that u would replay the whole mission justSaints Row 3 is the most fun game i have ever seen !!!!! I has lots of things to keep you hooked for hours besides the real story-line. It has got cannon car , flying bikes , vertical take off plane and some superb weapons and fun items which you can use from the start of the game ! And what can I say about its cut scenes . they are so awesome , that u would replay the whole mission just to see them again ! The best feature of this game is the comic story-line and characters and their behavior ! The game is such a delight for fun loving gamer's who like this free roam stuff and all !! So one of the best games of the year !!!! Expand
  11. Mar 26, 2012
    Genius, whatever the writers got when doing this, they need more. The humour of the game is fantastic, had me laughing now and then, the soundtrack is very pleasant, except for the credits song, but still, the game is just fantastic
  12. Feb 4, 2012
    This game has nearly continuous laughs, with humor in the tradition of Benny Hill. Viola's costume is a particular hoot. Also, the vehicle choices and action are over the top. It took me a little while, but now I love this game. The only reasons that I did not give it a 10 are: (1) activities and missions seem disorganized, making the plot hard to follow. (2) E key is over used,This game has nearly continuous laughs, with humor in the tradition of Benny Hill. Viola's costume is a particular hoot. Also, the vehicle choices and action are over the top. It took me a little while, but now I love this game. The only reasons that I did not give it a 10 are: (1) activities and missions seem disorganized, making the plot hard to follow. (2) E key is over used, resulting in giving one command while another actually occurs. Expand
  13. Feb 5, 2012
    having played this game for almost a day, i've found saints row the third to be one of the best games of 2011 (i'm late on my review)
    i've played all three of the games now and find that the newest installment brings much more humour and better game design to a series that has put GTA to shame. The story is one that no one would have expected to see and the new side missions are a great change to ones from previous games, although i've got 100% of steelport owned and have completed every activity there is (besides the ones from the new dlc) there is nothing left to do as i've also maxed out the respect metre at level 50. Certain weapons in the game show this off perfectly and the amount of customistaion available. while the customisation options have been reduced compared to the second game i find it to be a great extra to such and immerse game. This game along with Batman Arkham City made my top five games of the past 5 years and will remain there for a long time
  14. May 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, it is far less stressful then grand theft auto IV in terms of game play, I almost blew a blood vessel playing the bank robbery mission for like 2+ hours trying to beat it because of how damaging bullets are and that my retarded AI won't get out of the F---ing car when it's about to explode, causing a restart of the mission. Saints Row onThis is one of the best games I have ever played, it is far less stressful then grand theft auto IV in terms of game play, I almost blew a blood vessel playing the bank robbery mission for like 2+ hours trying to beat it because of how damaging bullets are and that my retarded AI won't get out of the F---ing car when it's about to explode, causing a restart of the mission. Saints Row on the other hand has much smarter AI and they get incapacitated first instead of dying so you get some time which can be extended with upgrades to get them back on their feet. GTA IV would have been a good game in terms of game play if it had upgrades like Saints Row because that would have made the game play a bit more enjoyable if not a bit less frustrating. Grand Theft Auto IV does have a better character development and a better open world but as you press on, it dies down to repetitive missions. Saints Row really has the unique set up for missions as many are quite different from each other and there are a lot while also containing a uniqueness to each one and the presentation is a lot better then most GTA IV missions. In conclusion, by itself it is not bigger then GTA IV but with the DLC it goes over it with quality over quantity and the game will provide a lot of laughs and a lot of memorable moments. Expand
  15. Feb 6, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic game play. All the awesome comicality of the Crackdown series, and all the seriousness and game play diversity of Grand Theft Auto series. This game has a lot to offer.
  16. May 13, 2012
    This was my first saints row game, and unfortunately; I expected somewhat of a gta when I bought it. Once you get over the fact it doesn't come close to gta in terms of realness, graphics, you'll start to just mess around, laugh, and have fun while playing this game. The storyline was actually pretty catching, and the missions although ridiculous; was mostly lol moments. Dont expect gta,This was my first saints row game, and unfortunately; I expected somewhat of a gta when I bought it. Once you get over the fact it doesn't come close to gta in terms of realness, graphics, you'll start to just mess around, laugh, and have fun while playing this game. The storyline was actually pretty catching, and the missions although ridiculous; was mostly lol moments. Dont expect gta, and dont take this game seriously; and you'll love this game. Expand
  17. Jun 15, 2012
    A lot of the reviews mention one key factor: FUN ! This is where Saints Row the Third scores heavily over the pretentious GTA IV. I've been having a blast playing the great missions, enjoying the crazy antics and amped-up humor. It looks good (ok, but not great) but it plays superbly. The AI is good (ok, but not great) but truly enjoyable to dinker about with. Volition remembered thatA lot of the reviews mention one key factor: FUN ! This is where Saints Row the Third scores heavily over the pretentious GTA IV. I've been having a blast playing the great missions, enjoying the crazy antics and amped-up humor. It looks good (ok, but not great) but it plays superbly. The AI is good (ok, but not great) but truly enjoyable to dinker about with. Volition remembered that games can be just FUN FUN FUN... I give it a 9... thank you Volition! Expand
  18. Jan 3, 2014
    I've played many GTA games and a lot of old open world adventure games in the past, and I must say, this turned out to be a very fun and casual game.

A game that truly fulfills any ego to occasionally go out and smash around stuff with absolute impunity or speeding through traffic in total road rage without any hesitation of destroying anything or losing anything significant value.

To get there, you'd have to first earn your way up, but the gameplay is so laid back that you really don't have to take anything seriously, and that is true even in co-op with your friends. Even if a particular mission fails, there is no heavy penalty, everyone keeps all the guns and cars they've collected and everyone can feel free to retry at their leisure. No pressure at all, which is a total refreshment for all the serious and heavy gaming expects everyone to heavily invest in a gamble to risk losing one thing or another. Not that it is a bad thing necessarily, but it really relieves the hassle of that in this casual environment.

The story itself is relatively short, but that's only to provide an introduction into this sandbox world I believe. The main focus was never really the story, but the world itself. The story however, is just content to introduce all the game mechanics SR3 had to offer. Not to mention the wackiness and humor that you just won't get to see on a regular basis. Pimps riding on chariots? A giant ball of yarn wrecking havoc? A game show devoted to slaughter mascots? Not intended to humor children and mindful sticklers, but if you were, you wouldn't pick up a game about gangstas in the first place, unless your only intent is to patronize it.

Overall, it is a game that's well deserved its full marks, simply just because it has managed to capture this player's undivided attention until all missions and almost all achievements (96%) have been completed for 252 hours.
  19. Feb 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A quite good GTA clone ideal for people with black humor that would sometimes laugh the s**t of you .
    The game is quite violent,explosive and made me thought the reasons why this game was rated by ESRB M17
  20. May 25, 2014
    Last Played: Feb 2014
    PROS: + True single-player sandbox with minimal story to get in the way + Several fast vehicles means you aren't stuck with one "best" vehicle all the time + Blowing stuff up (which is 98% of the game) is really fun
    CONS: - Some weapons are weak and you'll never use - Some fight types are irritating (gang survival) REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is
    Last Played: Feb 2014

REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is not trying to be GTA. It is not trying to offer a story, or multiplayer (which is tacked on if you insist on trying), or a rich cultural experience, or any other pretentious thing you can think of. It is about doing what you want when you want to. You want to throw a fart-in-a-jar at a cop? Fine. Want to run over hookers on a motorcycle? That's fine too. The only limitation is that some event types only appear after a certain "story mission" type (these actually just introduce activity types with some well-voiced but stultifyingly dumb dialogue on the side). That's it. "Finishing" the game doesn't really reward you, because the whole thing is about the activities along the way, and SR3 does this magnificently. You can collect the best vehicles from game start and it is worth grabbing a few, because several of the best cars perform similarly well. Actually, hijacking pretty much any vehicle will make for a passable getaway car (though I wouldn't recommend a garbage truck). This actually works pretty well for the game, since you can experiment with several vehicles instead of being forced into a single best car. The best thing of all, however is the destruction factor--which is good, because the activities are just different variations on blowing stuff up. I said before that the ending isn't rewarding, but you know what? It doesn't matter because the stuff you'll remember are the fireballs along the way.

Which is not to say the game is without flaw. In contrast to the variety of functional cars, there really are "best" weapons that you'll use exclusively (unless forced by a special activity). Ultimately, this doesn't hurt the game too much, because the best weapons are so fun to use, but it is still there. You may also find that certain activity types aren't up your alley. This really shouldn't pose a problem to anyone, though-you'll only be forced to do each activity once (story) and then you can ignore them. If you find the game too easy, you can simply not buy upgrades or call in swarms of allies. This game is all about choice, and it does it oh so well.

Just don't expect to be able to stay away for long periods your first playthrough.
  21. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video gameThis game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video game ever, I think we can all agree that there is something to be said about this. This is a satire on modern life, the glorification of hip hop culture, the media and action movies as a whole. If you're 15 maybe this game isn't for you, if you're a 20 or early 30 something person who grew up with video games, the cultural references in here are designed for you. A few things might have been nice, like a 'fast travel' set of options to avoid some of the more annoying elements, more guns, more songs for driving, but the story, the humor and the brilliant satire more than makes up for it. This is as close to perfection in video game entertainment as is possible, don't miss it, I nearly did dismissing it as a GTA clone, it isn't, it's somehow more and when it isn't, it makes fun of itself. Expand
  22. Nov 2, 2014
    better than gta v this game is still the funnest open world game ive played the only games that compare to it are Garrys mod and minecraft i think gmod and minecraft are better but this is better than every gta game ever and saints row 4 is evan better than this game
  23. Feb 24, 2012
    This game is for those who find GTA, and especially GTA 4 just a little bit too pretentious, and was the most fun I had playing a video game in the last year. I had almost no interest in the title, but it was selling well and I found it for a bargain price. Wow, what a joyful surprise. The main two enjoyable aspects were a very funny bunch of missions and dialogue, fun side side missions,This game is for those who find GTA, and especially GTA 4 just a little bit too pretentious, and was the most fun I had playing a video game in the last year. I had almost no interest in the title, but it was selling well and I found it for a bargain price. Wow, what a joyful surprise. The main two enjoyable aspects were a very funny bunch of missions and dialogue, fun side side missions, and just a bunch of crazy things you need to do to grow your character and add new strengths, such as more health, more ammo, more "homies" to come help you. The second, and probably best part of the game, is that is just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Just when you think you've seen everything, they throw more and more stuff in -- and it all works beautifully. We're talking about V-TOLS, Jet Bikes, tanks and exotic weaponry.

The plot is corny, but again it just keeps getting crazier. Think of the plot simply as an excuse to put you in crazy situations and offer opportunities for funny, sometimes hysterical dialogue.

This game is NOT to be taken seriously on any level. Just expect it to be so totally over the top that you just can't help but a great time. If you can lighten up and don't feel the need to be "cool and cold" when you play games, this game is too fun too pass on, even with the minor flaws.

That said, the DLC is incredibly weak. There isn't a single item worth your time, especially for the money they are asking while giving you something totally worthless. The Online pass is out of the question. A totaly waste of your money. The graphics are passable, but no shiny surfaces and super advances per pixel shading. The focus is on the gameplay.

Stick to the game that you got when you opened the box, and you will have one of the most fun experiences in a long time. Especially if you enjoy the doing more than just getting it over with. I had around 100 hours in the game with all side missions, core missions, and about half of the side activities, like stealing specific cars or assassinating some strange character after drawing them out in some weird way. I experienced no bugs or freezes on my XBox 360. Do your funny bone a favor and check this game out. Definitely worth it.
  24. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is just plain fun. The voice acting is the best I've come across since the original Dragon Age. The city/town you are isn't the largest in the sandbox gaming world but there's so many missions and things to do you'll be playing for quite sometime unless you are a hardcore gamer with no job or girlfriend.
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    I've missed playing a sandbox game of this caliber since GTA IV. While the comparisons are inevitable, they are vastly different games. SRT 3 is all about over-the-top ridiculousness which is evidenced by the character customization options, weapons, environment and mini-games. If you're in the mood to just cruise around Steelport and cause havoc of epic proportions while still navigatingI've missed playing a sandbox game of this caliber since GTA IV. While the comparisons are inevitable, they are vastly different games. SRT 3 is all about over-the-top ridiculousness which is evidenced by the character customization options, weapons, environment and mini-games. If you're in the mood to just cruise around Steelport and cause havoc of epic proportions while still navigating the campaign then you'll want to pick this up. Of course the game has its faults but the sheer amount of absurdity that is possible easily picks up the slack. Expand
  26. Mar 19, 2012
    An explosive mix of sandbox madness and an excellent narrative with dialogue leaves this over the top monster of a game surprisingly down to earth. The writers handled this in a top-notch fashion. If you can create a powder keg like Saints Row The Third, and make it still packed in with tongue-in-cheek dirty humor, as well as giving the characters dialogue that makes every mission such asAn explosive mix of sandbox madness and an excellent narrative with dialogue leaves this over the top monster of a game surprisingly down to earth. The writers handled this in a top-notch fashion. If you can create a powder keg like Saints Row The Third, and make it still packed in with tongue-in-cheek dirty humor, as well as giving the characters dialogue that makes every mission such as going through a cyber universe to take down a cyberlord geek who takes the form of a f***** dragon with swords as a normal day in the life of a Saint. Seriously, I want to congratulate these guys for bringing literally everything in the game to create this space of immersitivity; you feel like a bada**, you have homies that you actually care about, (or hate), and a great array customization (for an action game) that gears you up to take on any situation leaves me pleasantly surprised. So, looking for zombies to kill with a sonic blaster? Maybe riding a hoverbike through the streets searching for sex dolls? Calling your Saint army to take on a challenge, or just to piss off the law and gangs of Steelport? Either way, Saints Row: The Third delivers in the most outrageous ways possible, but it works, and that's the great thing about Volition's masterpiece...or travesty, depends on how you look at it... Expand
  27. Nov 16, 2011
    Crazy fun game, offers an experience I haven't had for a while with a GTA style Sandbox game......FUN! Mature topics, adult theme, crazy fun. I appreciate the wide variety of character customization, it's discouraging to see day 1 DLC.
  28. Nov 15, 2011
    Been waiting for this game to come out for a few months now. The hype was big... and the game t urned out to be awesome! Totally crazy to the point where some of the things the developers thought of, made me chuckle and go... no way!
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    Incredibly good fun! This is definitely GTA on steroids and LSD - bringing you a city full of madness, violence and memorable moments. In co-op, the game really comes alive, it's drop-in, drop-out and there is no hassle what so ever! I love this game and it might become my game of the year!
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    Definitely worth the money. Volition did a great job on the PC version. You can tell they put a lot of work into it, it's not just another console port. Oh, and the game is way fun!

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.