8.1

1. Nov 15, 2011
    Game of the Year, GTA on steroids. This game is explosive, fun, and takes gaming to a level we have never seen before. This game is the bad boy of the gaming industry.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Oh my god, haha, where do I even start? This game is pure fun. Just fun! I love the crazy one liners, I love the ridiculous action, there's pretty much nothing I dislike about this game. More fun than anything else out on the gaming market. Buy it if you have the means, I swear you won't regret it.
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    To go from a completely unplayable PC game (Saints Row 2) to one of the best PC ports of the year is quite an achievement for the series and the developers.
    This game is better optimized than GTAIV and the UI/Menus are functional and well designed. It controls flawlessly with a keyboard/mouse.
    The writing is actually clever, the voice acting is great, and the gameplay mechanics are solid
    and fun as hell.

To all the people complaining about day 1 DLC:
    It costs a great deal of money to make a AAA game now days, yet taking inflation into account, we pay less for a $50 game than ever.
    You have two choices, pay $70-80 for a new release, or pay $50 for 2/3rds of the content and then pay for the rest voluntarily (after you've decided if you like the game or not).
    To me, the second option is much better, because it gives the customer choices.
    Sorry, but $50 for a full-length AAA game isn't an option anymore.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    Genius, pure genius. If you are easily offended, this is not for you, but if you want some laugh out loud fun, mixed with some surprisingly emotional moments and great game play, don't even hesitate, buy this game. Thanks THQ and Volition for a game that exceeded my expectations.
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome game!!!! This game relieves so much stress. It is one of a kind. I am playing for 5 hours now and cant get enough. Love it!!! Some people might not like it due to it not being serious but for alot of people it will make you laugh for so long. And it is sandbox type of game so it never gets boring.
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    I've missed playing a sandbox game of this caliber since GTA IV. While the comparisons are inevitable, they are vastly different games. SRT 3 is all about over-the-top ridiculousness which is evidenced by the character customization options, weapons, environment and mini-games. If you're in the mood to just cruise around Steelport and cause havoc of epic proportions while still navigating the campaign then you'll want to pick this up. Of course the game has its faults but the sheer amount of absurdity that is possible easily picks up the slack. Expand
  7. Feb 24, 2012
    This game is for those who find GTA, and especially GTA 4 just a little bit too pretentious, and was the most fun I had playing a video game in the last year. I had almost no interest in the title, but it was selling well and I found it for a bargain price. Wow, what a joyful surprise. The main two enjoyable aspects were a very funny bunch of missions and dialogue, fun side side missions, and just a bunch of crazy things you need to do to grow your character and add new strengths, such as more health, more ammo, more "homies" to come help you. The second, and probably best part of the game, is that is just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Just when you think you've seen everything, they throw more and more stuff in -- and it all works beautifully. We're talking about V-TOLS, Jet Bikes, tanks and exotic weaponry.

The plot is corny, but again it just keeps getting crazier. Think of the plot simply as an excuse to put you in crazy situations and offer opportunities for funny, sometimes hysterical dialogue.

This game is NOT to be taken seriously on any level. Just expect it to be so totally over the top that you just can't help but a great time. If you can lighten up and don't feel the need to be "cool and cold" when you play games, this game is too fun too pass on, even with the minor flaws.

That said, the DLC is incredibly weak. There isn't a single item worth your time, especially for the money they are asking while giving you something totally worthless. The Online pass is out of the question. A totaly waste of your money. The graphics are passable, but no shiny surfaces and super advances per pixel shading. The focus is on the gameplay.

Stick to the game that you got when you opened the box, and you will have one of the most fun experiences in a long time. Especially if you enjoy the doing more than just getting it over with. I had around 100 hours in the game with all side missions, core missions, and about half of the side activities, like stealing specific cars or assassinating some strange character after drawing them out in some weird way. I experienced no bugs or freezes on my XBox 360. Do your funny bone a favor and check this game out. Definitely worth it.
  8. Nov 29, 2011
    Super Ethical Reality Climax Hardcore which I expect from this game! In summer, I thought that it is one more GTA-clone, but as I could see now - it's better then GTA(As for me). With all it's humor, hardcore and ethical this game I could name the Game Of The Year
  9. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is just plain fun. The voice acting is the best I've come across since the original Dragon Age. The city/town you are isn't the largest in the sandbox gaming world but there's so many missions and things to do you'll be playing for quite sometime unless you are a hardcore gamer with no job or girlfriend.
  10. Nov 30, 2011
    An amazing, amazing game. Not the best graphics but it doesn't actually matter because this is honestly the funnest game I've played in, well, ever. Why haven't you bought it already?
  11. Nov 16, 2011
    It's ridiculous, unadulterated fun; I haven't shamelessly laughed at jokes like these in some time. While the campaign is rather short, the real bulk of the fun in this game comes from joyriding around the city with a friend destroying anything and everything. While it's definitely a solid single-player title, I don't think you can really experience all there is to offer without playing with a friend.

While I don't approve of the day one DLC, the game's $50 pricetag (rather than the standard $60 for a AAA) makes me slightly less miffed about this.

Pros:
    + Beautiful graphics (cartoon-ish textures, but that's the intended style; the visual effects are excellent)
    + Performs very, very well on mid-range hardware
    + The sophomoric one-liners
    + Driving physics much improved over Saints Row 2 on PC (let's just forget that game ever existed)
    + Option to change flight controls from arcade to advanced

Cons:
    - Occasional issues with co-op hit detection (some NPC and vehicle positions get out of sync)
    - A few instances of game "freezing" for a second (has happened on two different PCs)

Neutral:
    = The player creator rivals anything I've seen in an Elder Scrolls game thus far. While some people like changing every fraction of an inch of the bone structure in their character's face, I like a wide variety of presets to hit the ground running. I had to spend about fifteen minutes to make my character's face look different than my brother's character (they all start at the same default). This can be a pro or con depending on personal preference, so I won't judge either way.
  12. Nov 17, 2011
    Great game, love the style! The map isn't incredibly big but it's fun to mess about on! People complaining about DLC at the start need to get a grip. It's a game that will have DLC eventually. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
  13. Mar 19, 2012
    An explosive mix of sandbox madness and an excellent narrative with dialogue leaves this over the top monster of a game surprisingly down to earth. The writers handled this in a top-notch fashion. If you can create a powder keg like Saints Row The Third, and make it still packed in with tongue-in-cheek dirty humor, as well as giving the characters dialogue that makes every mission such as going through a cyber universe to take down a cyberlord geek who takes the form of a f***** dragon with swords as a normal day in the life of a Saint. Seriously, I want to congratulate these guys for bringing literally everything in the game to create this space of immersitivity; you feel like a bada**, you have homies that you actually care about, (or hate), and a great array customization (for an action game) that gears you up to take on any situation leaves me pleasantly surprised. So, looking for zombies to kill with a sonic blaster? Maybe riding a hoverbike through the streets searching for sex dolls? Calling your Saint army to take on a challenge, or just to piss off the law and gangs of Steelport? Either way, Saints Row: The Third delivers in the most outrageous ways possible, but it works, and that's the great thing about Volition's masterpiece...or travesty, depends on how you look at it... Expand
  14. Nov 16, 2011
    Crazy fun game, offers an experience I haven't had for a while with a GTA style Sandbox game......FUN! Mature topics, adult theme, crazy fun. I appreciate the wide variety of character customization, it's discouraging to see day 1 DLC.
  15. Nov 25, 2011
    Perfect! I can't remember the last time that i have so much fun in a game. Of course it has crap physics, but it's not meant to be perfect, but only to be fun!
  16. Nov 15, 2011
    Been waiting for this game to come out for a few months now. The hype was big... and the game t urned out to be awesome! Totally crazy to the point where some of the things the developers thought of, made me chuckle and go... no way!
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    Incredibly good fun! This is definitely GTA on steroids and LSD - bringing you a city full of madness, violence and memorable moments. In co-op, the game really comes alive, it's drop-in, drop-out and there is no hassle what so ever! I love this game and it might become my game of the year!
  18. Nov 22, 2011
    Definitely worth the money. Volition did a great job on the PC version. You can tell they put a lot of work into it, it's not just another console port. Oh, and the game is way fun!
  19. Nov 23, 2011
    I love this game because it is so different, wild, and crazy than any other game ive played. What other game can you slap a prostitute with a 3 foot long **** This made my small list of "purchase on release day" games. Take note game devs we want something different and new! Amazing graphics is always a plus.
  20. Nov 18, 2011
    I knew before release that it would be good game but I didn't expect so great game. If you are a fan of tpp action games, its a perfect position for you. I wanted to give 11/10 for really cool character customization.
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    orctowngrot said "Unfortunately there is a big problem. The game is very short and there is already a big day 1 DLC available for $20. This means that the game was designed and then whole chapters removed and parsed to DLC so that players could be charged a higher price for the game."

Excuse me? You don't really know what you're talking about. I have just went into Act 3 with 71%
    completion with 19 hours of game time. What did you do exactly? Ignore all the side quests and such? Please don't be so stupid and claim the game is short unless you have 100% and proof to back it. Even the Acts themselves are long. Secondly, the DLC you are talking about is a Season Pass. This is for DLC currently BEING MADE and has not been completed to release yet.

I am replying to you as you have 20 users saying your review of the game was helpful when it simply isn't. I usually respect opinions but your review is filled with complete and utter lies.
  22. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is so much fun, you can do almost anything, I wont spoil, so you'll have to discover by yourself, but this game is a very good game, it can keep you playing for a long time, and the good thing is that you can customize a lot of things, like characters and cars... and then upload and share online with others too.

The only down of the game is that it has no Multiplayer, unlike GTA
    IV, it has a COOP mode but it doesn't compare playing with friends Free mode around the city.

Still, I think the coop is very good, and at least they gave a feature to play with someone else.
  23. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have always been a GTA fan, and this is the first Saints Row game I've played to date. Simply put, the game is just pure unadulterated fun boiling onto the point of sheer ridiculousness. Story: The story isn't really as good as GTA to be frank. It seems like a melting pot of various Hollywood cliches and sheer ridiculous moments. If you are looking for a story to be told, GTA would be a much better option.

Gameplay: An absolute blast. VTOLs with microwave lasers and plasma rockets, a rocket launcher which fires squealing octopi which mind control people and explode with the press of a button, hover jets, WACKY, AMUSING AND FUN CHEATS (Ahem, GTA IV) and more. There's almost unlimited things you can do in Steelport. And it sure won't get old soon. My only gripe is the overuse of the action button. Often, the game doesn't know what you want to do because the action button "E" has too many functions. The game might make your character hold someone hostage when you want to get in a car for example. Not really gamebreaking, but kinda annoying sometimes. I guess there are some bugs here and there. For example, there is one mission where you have to escort some chick from the passenger bay of a helicopter. In my first playthrough, the heli got stuck and crashed into some building. This caused the game to complete the mission prematurely and I missed out on the later part of the mission. Again, small annoyances.

Graphics: Many other games have done better in terms of graphics, but it seems reasonable to suit the game. Explosions are nicely detailed, character models are well done, and cars look quite cool. Steelport itself looks quite beautiful (not as well done as GTA IV's Liberty City though). Something that bugs me is how vehicles and pedestrians pop in constantly. This doesn't make Steelport look like a city, more of a crazy playground.

Sound: Voice acting is top notch, except for Zimos, whose autotune may either annoy or amuse you. (It annoyed me ): ) Guns, explosions, crashes sound powerful and fun, making your experience as enjoyable as ever. However, my only gripe is the radio. I just don't like the selection of songs and the lack of interesting stuff there.

In all, a polished game that should be worth a buy. Don't expect a GTA when you play Saints Row, you'll find a fun, crass, over the top and immature game.
  24. Jan 29, 2013
    Best sandbox game I've ever played. This game is pure indulgence. The story was ridiculously engaging and characters interesting. It is far from a serious game but that's where all the fun comes from, definitely a cheer-up for those in low spirits! Hot chicks, buff wrestlers, cyber punks, tanks, helicopters, jets, RPGs, a giant purple **** for melee, this game never fails to surprise and entertain. Solid gunplay too. Expand
  25. Dec 14, 2011
    Truly a great game ! And like others have said before me, it's a great stress reliever :) I bought this game for Pc, because i wanted to play it at 60fps, which it does on my CG8250. Great game, great fun ! Just sit back, relax, and start slapping people with your purple ..... ;-)
  26. Jan 23, 2012
    This is so awesome.
    It's like Volition redeemed themselves after the mess they made with SR2 for PC. I mean, SR2 was very decent if you played it console but it was a messed up port on PC.
    But SR3 is a huge improvement over the predecessor. Not only visually but also the gameplay and how well optimized this is. I also like the soundtracks in this game.

The graphics are much more polished
    than SR2 and its also more colorful.
    The driving is also a big improvement in this game, it was a pain driving cars in SR2.
    I love the character customization in this game, and the fact that you can upload your model or download models made by other players.

The whored mode is also a lot of fun. There are so many things you can do in this game, i've had a hell of a lot of fun and epic laughs. :D
    The storyline might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it keeps you entertained.

My only complaint is the day 1 DLC that should have been included in the game for free, but well. That's business. I highly recommend this, its totally worth the money and it provides hundreds of hours of fun.
    I also repeat for those doubting about the optimization. Its an excellent port and runs all maxed out.
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    Saint Row 3 is just amazing and much more as ridiculous action and a variety of ways to play it. The Volition Developer Team pushed the boundaries for this genre to a new level. Looking forward for Saint Row 4.
  28. Dec 3, 2011
    Simply fantastic and whacky game. If you don't mind playing a less serious sandbox game and the jokes hit your nerve you should get this ASAP. The controls are fine and this game plays perfectly fine even with keyboard and mouse.
  29. Jun 19, 2012
    This game is really amazing fun!! I picked it up for a discounted price on Steam but honestly, had I known how great this game was, I would have picked it up for a full price and earlier! I fell in love with my main character, but I also felt for my homies. Great voice acting, funny activities and simply awe inspiring main story missions put this game waaaay ahead anything that GTA has come up with for years. Saints Row >>>>>>>>> GTA. The game is crazy, if you have a sense of humor, you'll love it. Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    Not much can be said about SR3 that it does not say itself. One of the major themes in the game is practically mirrored word for word from Power, a song by Kanye West; which happens to be used within the game as well.

I joined the Saints during Saints Row 2 and immediately fell in love the game game. It was the most random, crazy, and insane fun I had, had in a game ever. Even the GTA
    series cannot compete with SR for ridiculous shenanigans. I have played the game for 23 hours now and have completed story with a 68% completion so there is still a lot to do. The plot line is very reminiscent of SR2 except perhaps streamlined and more focused. In SR2 you were just out to take Stillwater for the Saints and kill everyone else. In SR3 it is more about exacting revenge and running the gangs out of Steelport; there is not as much emphasis on the gang warfare aspect, which I am sad to see. The one thing I loved most about SR2 was the whole war going on between the Saints, Ronin, Brotherhood, and the green guys (forgot their weird ass name). However SR3 makes up for that in mounds. You start off the game playing as the MC along with Gat and Shaundi as you rob a bank as a publicity stunt for the Saints. It all goes sideways when the tellers pull out gun s and start shooting at you. The situation devolves even further then a massive Swat team shows up. After ripping the vult out of the building you nearly escape but are foiled. This is how you are introduced to the Syndicate, a shadowy organization who owned the bank you hit. A man named Loren, a Belgian, offers to buy out the saints and let you three survive; after the predictable "go f*** yourself" from the MC he tries to kill you but Gat manages to break free and a gun fight ensues. Oh, and I forgot to mention; we are on a plane at this point. I won't go further then that, even for a spoiler review. A lot of the stuff from SR2 is still present in SR3; specifically the **** The voice actor this time around almost has a Captain Price kind of deep voice so at times the VO doesn't sound that good. But it is still fairly bombastic, just like SR2's **** was. There are a few new activities: Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, Tank Mayhem, Guardian Angel, and several variations on the old activities. My favorite has to be the PGSERC activities. They are just too crazy most of the time and it is generally easy money until you get the Hunters swarming around you; then it gets dangerous. You go around shooting mascots, evil panda signs, and Prof. Genki signs to get money. The mazes you are placed into have traps as well and there are also Brute like enemies that appear in the higher difficulties. Tank Mayhem is Mayhem but with a tank. The original Mayhem activity is still around. Guardian Angel is where you use a sniper scope and chopper to protect one of your homies from afar. Similar to Gunship Assaults. All of the original activities are present in SR3 however some are not done as activities anymore. For example Fuzz is now like Streaking was in SR2, it is not an activity but kind of like a sub-activity. You are given a list of goals to achieve in the Saints Book and from time to time the Fuzz producer calls you up and gives you a task to do so they can get footage. There are random sub-missions that occur in the game at random. These range from stuff like Fuzz, to territory defense. All of the sub-activities are wave based battles where you have to survive a certain number of waves to complete the task. Assassinations are still present as well. There are new weapons to be found as well as new vehicles but I will not do into those, not enough room to discuss them. Some things I hate about SR3: Instead of having special icons for gang notoriety like in SR2 we now have pink stars. Brutes can easily overwhelm you if there are two of them and keep you on the ground till you die. Only strongholds are customizable and there are only three of them that can only be gotten through the story missions. The old stronghold system from SR2 is gone. Stag tanks do too much damage with their laser cannons, even upgraded with most of the health and damage upgrades they still can kill you in a matter of seconds. Bike driving mechanics are too sensitive most of the time. Can't customize aircraft, yet. Things I like: Giant purple **** sword/club New awesome weapons and vehicles Strongholds now give you bonuses to your Rep and monetary gain Upgrade System Adult Swim radio channel Massive amount of references to other movies, games, and TV shows Funny as hell **** voice overs This game is as much fun, if not more, as SR2 was to play. Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.