8.1

1. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is just plain fun. The voice acting is the best I've come across since the original Dragon Age. The city/town you are isn't the largest in the sandbox gaming world but there's so many missions and things to do you'll be playing for quite sometime unless you are a hardcore gamer with no job or girlfriend.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Oh my god, haha, where do I even start? This game is pure fun. Just fun! I love the crazy one liners, I love the ridiculous action, there's pretty much nothing I dislike about this game. More fun than anything else out on the gaming market. Buy it if you have the means, I swear you won't regret it.
  3. Jul 22, 2012
    I didn't think I would like this game as much as I did. It is consistently wacky and inventive. In an age of games getting kicked out the door at maybe 80% complete, Saints Row: the Third is positively *polished.* Gameplay is straightforward and intuitive, yet challenging. The sense of humor is a bit sophomoric, but it stays genuinely funny enough that most players won't mind. The humor is over-the-top in the best way: the second mission has the player jumping out of an airplane, jumping back into the same airplane and shooting up the inside, grabbing a new parachute as he/she passes and firing then jump out of the same plane--and it pretty much keeps up the pace from there. My only complaint is that some missions are just Activities with some window dressing. And that's fine for the missions that introduce said activities, less so for the missions that simply feature them. The activities themselves are great--Volition has taken the things that most people did in GTA-style games (such as seeing how back of an accident they can cause or going on a rampage with a tank) and made them legitimate gameplay mechanics. In short, the developers knew what players were going to do, and built their game around it. Most importantly, the kept the game consistently *fun.* Is this a watershed game people will be talking about 10 years from now, in the same sentences as Grand Theft Auto, Bioshock, or Call of Duty 4? Probably not. Is it a damn good time? You bet. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2011
    Great game, love the style! The map isn't incredibly big but it's fun to mess about on! People complaining about DLC at the start need to get a grip. It's a game that will have DLC eventually. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    Definitely worth the money. Volition did a great job on the PC version. You can tell they put a lot of work into it, it's not just another console port. Oh, and the game is way fun!
  6. Dec 24, 2012
    I love this stuff. Tried GTA and hate it. SR is lovely funny and all I like from a game like this. Nothing serious but good entertaining.
    Create your own #10 and drive like hell. fun, fun , fun ....
  7. Dec 8, 2011
    very funny game, graphics are surprisingly really good you can tell they took some extra time to poilish the game i haven't come across any glitches or crashes, RPG elements are really great upgrades are available for your weapons and your character and after each mission you complete you receive money that you can spend on weapons or clothes etc... (although i just run around naked ;) ) The customization available for your character is amazing. A overall fun and addictive game, really recommend it. Expand
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    Saint Row 3 is just amazing and much more as ridiculous action and a variety of ways to play it. The Volition Developer Team pushed the boundaries for this genre to a new level. Looking forward for Saint Row 4.
  9. Nov 21, 2011
    cant wait fo this game lol **** aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  10. Dec 3, 2011
    Simply fantastic and whacky game. If you don't mind playing a less serious sandbox game and the jokes hit your nerve you should get this ASAP. The controls are fine and this game plays perfectly fine even with keyboard and mouse.
  11. Jul 23, 2012
    A very very nice game but with limited replayability. The co-op functionality is very refreshing to see in these types of games, and the inclusion of a whore mode (survival) was and added bonus, without that I may have given the game a 6. There is nothing at all wrong with the game in anyway just that its short and considering the price they've been asking for this game for a long time now it was not worth it to pay top dollar. Just way way to short for this kind of game. Did I mention how short the game is? Its soooo short. Screw it, im giving it a six. Expand
  12. Jun 19, 2012
    This game is really amazing fun!! I picked it up for a discounted price on Steam but honestly, had I known how great this game was, I would have picked it up for a full price and earlier! I fell in love with my main character, but I also felt for my homies. Great voice acting, funny activities and simply awe inspiring main story missions put this game waaaay ahead anything that GTA has come up with for years. Saints Row >>>>>>>>> GTA. The game is crazy, if you have a sense of humor, you'll love it. Expand
  13. Dec 23, 2011
    This game needs to be G.O.T.Y... Don't listen to people who think this game sucks, because they are probably COD morons who got offended by Professor Genky... Epic fun, Huge storyline, Awesome laughs, and i don't want to be a spoiler so i'l end it with "etc."
  14. Nov 30, 2011
    An amazing, amazing game. Not the best graphics but it doesn't actually matter because this is honestly the funnest game I've played in, well, ever. Why haven't you bought it already?
  15. Dec 2, 2011
    This is simply a smashing success. It's upsetting that some of the vehicle customization options from the previous installment are missing, but the game is leagues beyond it's predecessor as far as stability and polish goes. This is easily in the top-5 2 player campaign co-op games of all time. It's always compared to GTA, and although the premise and genre is identical (terrorize a city while taking it over), that is where the two diverge. Saints Row is an over-the-top, satirical thrill-ride. It's not meant to be film noire-esque, with complex moral issues to be explored. It's a crazy, action packed game that does not take itself too seriously. It is by no means Fable-esque in it's tongue-in-cheek attitude and humor, but it has great voice talent, superb graphics and animation, and enough secrets and side missions to keep you busy for hours.

I cannot stress enough the strength of this game lying in the multiplayer. The addition of a friend is incredibly seamless, and every single facet of the game is available while playing together. Putting your wife's character through the windshield while frantically evading both rival gangs as well as police, SWAT, and the National Guard is hillarity that must truly be experienced once in anyone's lifetime.

There are minor issues with the console interface, as almost every game released these days is plagued by, but they are inconsequential in comparison to the vast majority of other contemporary releases.

If you are expecting a GTA clone, you will be disappointed. If you are a hard core GTA fan that insists on comparing this game to GTA, I would highly recommend simply steering clear.

If you want to cause havoc and mayhem in an enormous, fully fleshed out open world, especially with a friend, there simply is no other substitute to date.
  16. Jan 11, 2012
    Truly an entertaining game, it had me throughout the whole game and kept introducing new aspects. Even the final mission introduced something new .... i mean common thats so awesome lol. It had amazing writing so funny, and really well developed characters. The core game play was at first not impressive, but it fits into the world surprisingly well and you start getting really entertained by it. By not impressive I mean the first 1 minute of game play, then all hell brakes loose and your having the time of your life :). I truly recommend this game and you sure as heck can tell the effort put in paid off. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2011
    Super Ethical Reality Climax Hardcore which I expect from this game! In summer, I thought that it is one more GTA-clone, but as I could see now - it's better then GTA(As for me). With all it's humor, hardcore and ethical this game I could name the Game Of The Year
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    Crazy fun game, offers an experience I haven't had for a while with a GTA style Sandbox game......FUN! Mature topics, adult theme, crazy fun. I appreciate the wide variety of character customization, it's discouraging to see day 1 DLC.
  19. Nov 23, 2011
    I love this game because it is so different, wild, and crazy than any other game ive played. What other game can you slap a prostitute with a 3 foot long **** This made my small list of "purchase on release day" games. Take note game devs we want something different and new! Amazing graphics is always a plus.
  20. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is just .... well You have to play it ! If You like dark humour - this is the game for You! And You know what i even like it more then GTA - for real - I laugh all the time while playing that game. This Holiday season is so generous for us gamers ! 10/10
  21. Nov 25, 2011
    Perfect! I can't remember the last time that i have so much fun in a game. Of course it has crap physics, but it's not meant to be perfect, but only to be fun!
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    Genius, pure genius. If you are easily offended, this is not for you, but if you want some laugh out loud fun, mixed with some surprisingly emotional moments and great game play, don't even hesitate, buy this game. Thanks THQ and Volition for a game that exceeded my expectations.
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    Game of the Year, GTA on steroids. This game is explosive, fun, and takes gaming to a level we have never seen before. This game is the bad boy of the gaming industry.
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome game!!!! This game relieves so much stress. It is one of a kind. I am playing for 5 hours now and cant get enough. Love it!!! Some people might not like it due to it not being serious but for alot of people it will make you laugh for so long. And it is sandbox type of game so it never gets boring.
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    Been waiting for this game to come out for a few months now. The hype was big... and the game t urned out to be awesome! Totally crazy to the point where some of the things the developers thought of, made me chuckle and go... no way!
  26. Nov 17, 2011
    I'll start off by saying this is a great game. It fully lived up to my expectations from playing Saints Row 2 previously. The game improves on several flaws from the last game. The driving mechanics are much better. Not exactly what I'd call realistic, but I consider that a good thing as driving in SR3 allows you to easily weave through traffic and drift corners like a pro the first time you try. The streets are nice and wide and there are large gaps between cars in lanes as well, which makes for a great driving environment.
    While I'm on the subject of vehicles, SR3 has a very satisfying selection of cars, trucks, and commercial vehicles. When you store a vehicle in your garage (which so far as I can tell has infinite slots) you always have it, even if you take it out and blows it up, you can still go back and retrieve it. There is some car customization, and while it's not as much as a car nut like me would enjoy, it's nice, and includes durability and performance upgrades as well as looks. It is fairly easy to get access to special vehicles. Get your wanted level up high enough and it's easy to jack a tank, humvee with turret, and APC from the military and store them in your garage. Fairly early on in the game you get access to a gunship helicopter, and that's just a start.
    Also, unlike SR2 in which you had to get "respect" by doing mini games/side activities to be allowed to complete missions, respect points now only unlock upgrades for you and your gang. No more having to spend an hour doing a mini game you've spent hours on already just to get to the next mission!
    The weapon selection is very good as well. It has the basics (pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, SMGs, sniper, RPGs), the somewhat odd (laser rifles, **** bats, gun that gives you remote control of any vehicle you shoot with it) and even some extremely odd ones, such as a Mollusk Launcher that shoots mind controlling octopuses at enemies to make them fight for you.
    Guns are upgradable, usually starting off with predictable things such as larger clips, more shots per burst, with the last weapon upgrade usually being something more special, such as the SMG that shoots incendiary rounds.
    The missions start off great, with lots of different combat environments and explosions. After that it enters a somewhat more dull period where you do a dozen missions or so that are really just introducing you to a mini game/ side activity. It does start to pick up again after that, however, so don't give up.

I have very few issues with the game, but here they are: As many others have said, the city doesn't feel as "alive" as GTA IV. Less people on the sidewalks, and less detail. Not a huge issue but worth noting. DLC on day one pisses everyone off. If you have the content at launch it should be in the game, or at the least a pre-order bonus. Enemy AI is dumb. Really dumb. It's not like I bought the game for challenging combat, but it'd be nice if they were at least a little more intelligent. All in all, a very fun game with a wacky sense of humor. Everything is upbeat and colorful, with amusing characters. Minor flaws but what game is truly perfect?
  27. Nov 17, 2011
    Don't believe the other reviews. The "$20" DLC gets you a good price on three DLC's that will be released over 2012! You are NOT getting $20 worth of content to play right away! So much for that conspiracy theory.

This and Skyrim are the only games you need to buy this season, 'nuff said.
  28. Nov 18, 2011
    I knew before release that it would be good game but I didn't expect so great game. If you are a fan of tpp action games, its a perfect position for you. I wanted to give 11/10 for really cool character customization.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played all Saints Row games, now this is more awesome with the upgrades and other over-the-top actions. But due to the lack of the ability to replay missions, this game was a bit of letdown. But still this is the most fun game I ever played. Expand
  30. Dec 25, 2011
    This game is ridiculous and I love it!! Its not realistic, if thats what youre looking for stick to GTA
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    Incredibly good fun! This is definitely GTA on steroids and LSD - bringing you a city full of madness, violence and memorable moments. In co-op, the game really comes alive, it's drop-in, drop-out and there is no hassle what so ever! I love this game and it might become my game of the year!
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    orctowngrot said "Unfortunately there is a big problem. The game is very short and there is already a big day 1 DLC available for $20. This means that the game was designed and then whole chapters removed and parsed to DLC so that players could be charged a higher price for the game."

Excuse me? You don't really know what you're talking about. I have just went into Act 3 with 71%
    completion with 19 hours of game time. What did you do exactly? Ignore all the side quests and such? Please don't be so stupid and claim the game is short unless you have 100% and proof to back it. Even the Acts themselves are long. Secondly, the DLC you are talking about is a Season Pass. This is for DLC currently BEING MADE and has not been completed to release yet.

I am replying to you as you have 20 users saying your review of the game was helpful when it simply isn't. I usually respect opinions but your review is filled with complete and utter lies.
  33. May 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, it is far less stressful then grand theft auto IV in terms of game play, I almost blew a blood vessel playing the bank robbery mission for like 2+ hours trying to beat it because of how damaging bullets are and that my retarded AI won't get out of the F---ing car when it's about to explode, causing a restart of the mission. Saints Row on the other hand has much smarter AI and they get incapacitated first instead of dying so you get some time which can be extended with upgrades to get them back on their feet. GTA IV would have been a good game in terms of game play if it had upgrades like Saints Row because that would have made the game play a bit more enjoyable if not a bit less frustrating. Grand Theft Auto IV does have a better character development and a better open world but as you press on, it dies down to repetitive missions. Saints Row really has the unique set up for missions as many are quite different from each other and there are a lot while also containing a uniqueness to each one and the presentation is a lot better then most GTA IV missions. In conclusion, by itself it is not bigger then GTA IV but with the DLC it goes over it with quality over quantity and the game will provide a lot of laughs and a lot of memorable moments. Expand
  34. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is so much fun, you can do almost anything, I wont spoil, so you'll have to discover by yourself, but this game is a very good game, it can keep you playing for a long time, and the good thing is that you can customize a lot of things, like characters and cars... and then upload and share online with others too.

The only down of the game is that it has no Multiplayer, unlike GTA
    IV, it has a COOP mode but it doesn't compare playing with friends Free mode around the city.

Still, I think the coop is very good, and at least they gave a feature to play with someone else.
  35. Aug 1, 2014
    This is still one of the best games. I always appreciated GTA and I loved the environment, but I'd quickly get bored. I'd run over a bunch of people, get into a chase, and turn it off. It had it's moments but the saints is just fast, action packed, and looks great. The amount of content in this game is ridiculous. It's not just one thing like weapons, or cars, it's everything. There is an excess of so much and options right there to attempt to speed through it if you want, but you won't. You can't because, there is a ton of it. SRIV addresses the issue of getting to places faster. It's a wonderful mod, but once you complete it this is likely what you'll go back to.

To those of you giving it negative reviews because the gore isn't realistic enough for you and you don't feel enough motivation... please seek help. I know it's not your fault as it's just nature and you are programmed that way, but seriously do us all a favor and get some type of counseling. We need to evolve as a species and your type causes us to hit the reset button on that over and over just so you can have your fun making everyone else suffer. Hopefully at some point the human race will be able to single you out and isolate you to live with each other on your own planet where you can just kill each other to your hearts content.
  36. Feb 8, 2013
    Excelente juego 100% irreverente y con humor negro. el modo multijugador esta muy bueno (muy pervertido).. le doy un 100 por que esta super divertido y sorprende gratamente.. lo recomiendo al 100
  37. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have always been a GTA fan, and this is the first Saints Row game I've played to date. Simply put, the game is just pure unadulterated fun boiling onto the point of sheer ridiculousness. Story: The story isn't really as good as GTA to be frank. It seems like a melting pot of various Hollywood cliches and sheer ridiculous moments. If you are looking for a story to be told, GTA would be a much better option.

Gameplay: An absolute blast. VTOLs with microwave lasers and plasma rockets, a rocket launcher which fires squealing octopi which mind control people and explode with the press of a button, hover jets, WACKY, AMUSING AND FUN CHEATS (Ahem, GTA IV) and more. There's almost unlimited things you can do in Steelport. And it sure won't get old soon. My only gripe is the overuse of the action button. Often, the game doesn't know what you want to do because the action button "E" has too many functions. The game might make your character hold someone hostage when you want to get in a car for example. Not really gamebreaking, but kinda annoying sometimes. I guess there are some bugs here and there. For example, there is one mission where you have to escort some chick from the passenger bay of a helicopter. In my first playthrough, the heli got stuck and crashed into some building. This caused the game to complete the mission prematurely and I missed out on the later part of the mission. Again, small annoyances.

Graphics: Many other games have done better in terms of graphics, but it seems reasonable to suit the game. Explosions are nicely detailed, character models are well done, and cars look quite cool. Steelport itself looks quite beautiful (not as well done as GTA IV's Liberty City though). Something that bugs me is how vehicles and pedestrians pop in constantly. This doesn't make Steelport look like a city, more of a crazy playground.

Sound: Voice acting is top notch, except for Zimos, whose autotune may either annoy or amuse you. (It annoyed me ): ) Guns, explosions, crashes sound powerful and fun, making your experience as enjoyable as ever. However, my only gripe is the radio. I just don't like the selection of songs and the lack of interesting stuff there.

In all, a polished game that should be worth a buy. Don't expect a GTA when you play Saints Row, you'll find a fun, crass, over the top and immature game.
  38. Dec 3, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third is generally a great game, there are some missions that seem too repetitive but that did not stop me from having a fantastic time with my friends on CO-OP or by myself. The only problem I have with Saints Row: The Third is the DLCs. They should have already included these DLCs for the game free of charge. There is no way I will pay for a DLC, considering the price. Honestly, it's an amazing game and there is almost endless fun to be had! I'd recommend it. Expand
  39. Dec 9, 2011
    The story is not as "serious" as Saints Row 2, it also has less content like radio stations and activities etc., but this game concentrates and perfected the most important part: The Fun!
    The missions are crazy and much more varied, the weapons are also crazier, dialogues are much more common and are way funnier compared to his predecessors.

Graphics & Animations:
    Really well done, the
    graphics aren't the best a video game ever had, but it looks great especially for a sandbox title with his vibrant colors which looks great at night, though there are some bad textures here and there. The animations however are extremely smooth, especially compared to the stiff animations from SR1+2. The engine change really paid off.
    But the biggest selling points is the ability to actually play that game on the PC. It's not a crappy port SR2 was and runs smooth like butter, it also uses DX11.

Sound:
    There are some mixing problems. The music in shops are really loud and the engine sounds are too quiet, however the Soundtrack is good with a good mix of mainstream and indie.
    The game also fused the songs really well with the game. I don't want to spoil, so I'll just say, that some of the missions are so badass with those fitting music in the background, especially the last mission.
    The voice acting is also very good (apart from Angel), the main character has 7 voices and all are well done.

Controls:
    This game really excels here, I was surprised how well this game plays with keyboard and mouse, if you have an XBOX controller you can plug it in and play, though there's no option to play with a different joypad or to change the controls of it.
    The vehicle controls in an arcade style, which means you have full control of a car even with high speed. This is good news for people who hated that realistic controls from GTAIV

I give this game a 10, for the one reason that I rarely had that much fun with a game in the last decade. I played it through 2 time and a 3rd time in Co-op.

If you are a fun loving human, then this game is for you!
  40. Dec 16, 2011
    Very fun game, it's very entertaining - challenging enough to keep it interesting with lots of diversions to do to mix it up. Wish it had more online stuff like team death matches etc but Co-op is still hilarious.

One thing i feel which isn't as good as SR2 or even other GTA games is the radio - not particularly funny. Still though, love the game - pick it up and go nuts, perfect to play
    in conjunction with a serious game. For example, i'm currently playing this and Skyrim. When i get a bit bored of streaking challenges i'll do some quests in Skyrim and when i get bored of those quests i go back to SR3. Perfect balance :)

Great addition to the series.
  41. Dec 17, 2011
    It's a great game, the story is sarcastically funny and is fun most of the time + there are zombies! and the in-game activities are explosively fantastic and funky! GET IT...
  42. Jan 4, 2012
    60 hours in, this game is wild, first **** bats, GIANT BRUTES (who, later will get miniguns and flamethrowers) and Random outfits, suddenly, prof. genki super ethical reality climax, and the entire game lasts a LONG time if you are a gamer who loves to play the entire game.
  43. Feb 23, 2012
    This game is tons of fun and has a great deal of hilarious antics and variety. It's like GTA on steriods and stays fresh throughout the the campaign. Fun for hours!
  44. Feb 24, 2012
    This game is for those who find GTA, and especially GTA 4 just a little bit too pretentious, and was the most fun I had playing a video game in the last year. I had almost no interest in the title, but it was selling well and I found it for a bargain price. Wow, what a joyful surprise. The main two enjoyable aspects were a very funny bunch of missions and dialogue, fun side side missions, and just a bunch of crazy things you need to do to grow your character and add new strengths, such as more health, more ammo, more "homies" to come help you. The second, and probably best part of the game, is that is just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Just when you think you've seen everything, they throw more and more stuff in -- and it all works beautifully. We're talking about V-TOLS, Jet Bikes, tanks and exotic weaponry.

The plot is corny, but again it just keeps getting crazier. Think of the plot simply as an excuse to put you in crazy situations and offer opportunities for funny, sometimes hysterical dialogue.

This game is NOT to be taken seriously on any level. Just expect it to be so totally over the top that you just can't help but a great time. If you can lighten up and don't feel the need to be "cool and cold" when you play games, this game is too fun too pass on, even with the minor flaws.

That said, the DLC is incredibly weak. There isn't a single item worth your time, especially for the money they are asking while giving you something totally worthless. The Online pass is out of the question. A totaly waste of your money. The graphics are passable, but no shiny surfaces and super advances per pixel shading. The focus is on the gameplay.

Stick to the game that you got when you opened the box, and you will have one of the most fun experiences in a long time. Especially if you enjoy the doing more than just getting it over with. I had around 100 hours in the game with all side missions, core missions, and about half of the side activities, like stealing specific cars or assassinating some strange character after drawing them out in some weird way. I experienced no bugs or freezes on my XBox 360. Do your funny bone a favor and check this game out. Definitely worth it.
  45. Feb 25, 2012
    I was excited for a ton of games in 2011, Battlefield 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Batman: Arkham City, but I've never known about Saints Row: The Third until I heard about it through a friend. Curious, I picked it up and immediately loved the fun and randomness of this game.

I've heard about the Saints Row series before, and I always assumed it was a GTA clone, but boy I was heavily
    wrong, this game only 'like' GTA, but on crack. The customization and wackiness of this game is over the top, and the story was pretty good, actually.

I've bought a ton of DLC packs just to add to my gameplay experience, the clothes, weapon additions, and missions are unique, the missions are short however, but they are still fun fun fun.

Might I mention this game is just a blast playing COOP with a friend.

Other words, if you want a over the top experience, get this game, you'll have a blast, especially with friends!
  46. Sep 2, 2012
    Just fun, plain and simple. My only problem is that there is not quite enough of the story and the city take over gameplay is a bit meh. All in all there is a certain crazyness to the game which will make you smile.
  47. Jan 27, 2014
    Amazing game, I ended up loving SR2 thanks to the nostalgia factor of playing the old GTA's in a better, different way. Now SR3 feels like playing a much more polished up, modern, funnier SR. TENOUTTATEN.
  48. May 21, 2012
    I like it. Its Violent.SO WHAT??!!?? FU** YEAH ITS GOOD LOVE IT!! ITS FUN AND ITS BETTER THAN GTA!!

I can say Gta is 5/10. But woot!! I give this game all my 10R!!!! If I can vote up to 100, FU** YEAH I WILL VOTE 99!
  49. Jul 16, 2012
    As much fun as you can have with your clothes on. SR III had me smiling and laughing from the get-go. Other people have said it, and it's true: SR III really is like GTA, only ten times more fun and a hundred times more over the top. Fact: SR III is the only game I have ever played where I never answer the question "What are you doing in the game?" because there's no way I'm going to tell anyone that, for example, "Gee, I just bludgeoned a bunch of luchadores to death with a giant purple sex toy while wearing a bunny suit." Summary: did you like the GTA series? Buy this game and have the time of your gaming life. Expand
  50. Aug 8, 2012
    The story mode is great, the character creator is top notch, the upgrade system is great, the cars and the weapons are all very nice, the multiplayer works perfectly, and everything you do is just plain fun. While much of the game industry embraces the grinding inherent in the MMO and F2P genres, Saints Row: The Third decides to let you have fun all the time. Which leads me to my only two complaints about this game: There should be more of it.

Other games should be more like it.
  51. Oct 25, 2012
    If you like having hot chicks as bodyguards, blowing stuff up, shooting everythin and everyone, running around the city naked, flying apache and blackhawk helicopters, running down cars with a tank, drive like a maniac, killing whores with bats and giant **** using a minigun to shoot down choppers and blow cars away from your camino, killing zombies, fighting with swats in full riot gear etc etc etc....... Trust me this game is for you Expand
  52. Aug 5, 2013
    I was instantly grabbed by Saints Row 3. It somehow manages to capture the silliness & stunts of the most popular action films in a way that so many other computer games only hint at. It blends short sharp cut scenes to fill in the complicated parts and manages to be hilarious and gripping at the same time. High praise for a game that really doesn’t take itself too seriously. Or perhaps it does, but just does a brilliant job of getting the balance right between action and comedy.

The game’s been criticised for reusing the same old formula, but quite frankly with the direction GTA is headed in I’m quite happy with that. Saints Row knows exactly what it wants to be. I jumped in as a female character (a rarity for me), with a Russian accent, who’s victory dance was Carlton’s “It’s not unusual” and who’s taunt was a pelvic thrust from Ace Ventura not something you’d find in the gritty realism of GTA. I did used to take a more serious attitude to gaming and look down on things like that, but with the way my life’s gone recently I’m all up for a bucket of light hearted, reference-filled, die-hard style fun! 5 minutes into the game I’d jumped out of a plane, had a free-falling fire fight, caught a falling comrade and assured her that the plane heading straight towards us wouldn’t be an issue, because I’d just shoot the windows out, kill the bad guys on the way through, come out the other end and catch her again. And then I did it. And it was awesome.

The game unfolds in much the same way as any other sandbox gang world does, there are multiple story arcs which can be done in any order, property purchases for income and activities to break the questing. The activities are a blast and include “how much damage can you cause with a tank in under a minute”, and some sort of reality TV show gauntlet where you make your way through a series of fire/lightning traps while shooting people dressed as mascots to get to the prize room. Completing them results in cash and area control. Whenever you complete an activity, you then control that part of the city and earn more money from it.

The radio stations are the same varied bunch as usual rap station, classical, electronic etc. all featuring parody news readers, adverts and TV commercials. The vehicle physics are generally pretty good, once you’ve got the hang of the handling the cars are really fun to drive. There are also some ridiculous DLCs which came with the game when I bought it, so within about half an hour I was flying around in a military VTOL and having a whale of a time destroying the city using a heat ray out of something like War of the Worlds.

Not much to say about the graphics except that they’re brilliant the explosions, physics, shadows & reflections are all top notch.

Overall, if you’re into this kind of game then Saints Row is a brilliant addition to the genre, it’s engaging, entertaining, serious and funny all at the same time. Even if it doesn’t completely reinvent the wheel, that’s not really what you’re looking for when you pick up a game with the number 3 in the title, so by my standards it’s a definitely worth the money.
  53. Dec 27, 2012
    There's absolutely no realism at all... I love it. If you enjoy being a toilet and shooting people, you found the right game for you. Only issue is that the DLC's are a bit lacking and I'm a bit sad that the single-player and multi-player storylines aren't different, but hey, it's still an amazing game.
  54. Dec 29, 2012
    Extremely fun and entertaining. Super creative weapons and plenty of stunts you can do! I've played it for hours and haven't gotten bored once! Highly reccomended
  55. Jan 5, 2013
    Pessoal do Brasil, não pensem que é estupidez minha, esse jogo supera ( e muito ) o GTA. Eu tinha a impressão que era muito pra criança, mas não. Os videos na internet os caras mostram muito a parte bizarra do jogo, mas NÃO tem só isso. As missões são muito diversificadas, com muita emoção. Se não gostarem podem me xingar, mas duvido que não gostarão. Bom divertimento a todos. Expand
  56. Jan 6, 2013
    This is the most fun I can remember ever having in a co-op game (or possibly any game). There is so much awesomeness packed into this package it is hard to get bored. The voice acting is terrific, the writing is great and one of the best times I've ever had in a game. Glad to hear that part 4 is back on track.
  57. Jan 3, 2014
    I've played many GTA games and a lot of old open world adventure games in the past, and I must say, this turned out to be a very fun and casual game.

A game that truly fulfills any ego to occasionally go out and smash around stuff with absolute impunity or speeding through traffic in total road rage without any hesitation of destroying anything or losing anything significant value.

To get there, you'd have to first earn your way up, but the gameplay is so laid back that you really don't have to take anything seriously, and that is true even in co-op with your friends. Even if a particular mission fails, there is no heavy penalty, everyone keeps all the guns and cars they've collected and everyone can feel free to retry at their leisure. No pressure at all, which is a total refreshment for all the serious and heavy gaming expects everyone to heavily invest in a gamble to risk losing one thing or another. Not that it is a bad thing necessarily, but it really relieves the hassle of that in this casual environment.

The story itself is relatively short, but that's only to provide an introduction into this sandbox world I believe. The main focus was never really the story, but the world itself. The story however, is just content to introduce all the game mechanics SR3 had to offer. Not to mention the wackiness and humor that you just won't get to see on a regular basis. Pimps riding on chariots? A giant ball of yarn wrecking havoc? A game show devoted to slaughter mascots? Not intended to humor children and mindful sticklers, but if you were, you wouldn't pick up a game about gangstas in the first place, unless your only intent is to patronize it.

Overall, it is a game that's well deserved its full marks, simply just because it has managed to capture this player's undivided attention until all missions and almost all achievements (96%) have been completed for 252 hours.
  58. Jan 29, 2013
    Best sandbox game I've ever played. This game is pure indulgence. The story was ridiculously engaging and characters interesting. It is far from a serious game but that's where all the fun comes from, definitely a cheer-up for those in low spirits! Hot chicks, buff wrestlers, cyber punks, tanks, helicopters, jets, RPGs, a giant purple **** for melee, this game never fails to surprise and entertain. Solid gunplay too. Expand
  59. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is surely not for everybody, but as I fancy crazy sandboxes and absurd humor, for me this game is almost a miracle. I have laughed through it, enjoying every moment, being amazed by ingenuity of almost every aspect of the game.
    There are some pieces that do not fit that well some side missions do not have that much of a replay value for one to want to do them multiple times and
    handling of the game, even though precise in most places, is sometimes not that smooth. Nevertheless, the game was so much fun so many times that I can't give it anything else that full score. For game-play, for fun, for music, for design, for voice act and even for final credits 10/10. Expand
  60. Feb 19, 2013
    It's incredibly fun! The story missions are fun. The side missions are fun. The shooting, driving, and flying is all fun. Upgrading and customizing your character is fun. The coop is fun. The story is silly and doesn't take itself seriously. Really, this is a fun game and worth the money.
  61. Jul 20, 2013
    A fantastically ridiculous game! I've killed people with a bat and a fart in a jar, escorted a tiger around while he was trying to eat me, helped a pimp get his hoes back, and battled some mexican wrestlers with a blowup doll. The list of ridiculous things to do in this game goes on and on. The plot is pretty weak and and a bunch of the main missions are actually just copies of the side missions, but it doesn't even matter. This is a great game to play if you’re just looking to have some fun. Expand
  62. Apr 4, 2013
    One Of The Best Games Ever Made!!!! Detailed Graphics,total character Customization, Immersive Gameplay, Nonstop Fun, Nonstop Action, The Game That Keeps on Giving, from mini side games to main storyline gameplay. Co-Op Is Totally Fun. It would be better if it were 4 Player Co-op Though.
  63. May 19, 2013
    saints row the the third is one of the best game i have ever played. the storyline is awesome i just love it. okay, if the storyline was awesome, then the gameplay is wonderful. you can make you the character looking like exactly as you want, which is huge plus. i thik saints row the third is perfect game because you can do almost whatever you want. but the main reason why saints ow the third is better than for example GTA 4 is that, SR3 uses imagination: giant purple johnny gat dressed as himself, but the most important think, is the kick-ass attitude what the main character have. if you could buy only 1 game in this year, buy SR3!! Expand
  64. Jun 11, 2013
    GTA with better graphics, story-line, humor, all around craziness, and a more personalized experience. This game is just simply fun, and i find myself looking forward to every time that i play it.
  65. Aug 5, 2013
    DAMN! This game surpasses GTA by all standards. I gave GTA IV a seven, but this game is in another league. It's doesn't try to be a fancy "life simulator" like IV, you know what it tries to be? FUN! That's the whole damn essence of a video game, right?
    I enjoyed every moment and even bought EVERY PIECE of DLC. (Well, it was on sale)
    This game is quirky, funny, freedom oriented (you get
    to make choices) and most of all, fun.
    And you know what? Props to Deepsilver for not giving up to the console mafia, releasing it to every capable platform- unlike Rockstar, holding out on GTA V and releasing it the consoles but not to us, PC gamers of the world. Granted, it's their choice, but since I'm not getting to choose between the two games, Saints Row IV is the default winner in this battle, for me atleast.
  66. Oct 30, 2013
    Fantastic game!
    SR 1/2 were trying to remain somewhat realistic while being insanely fun, this game is only about the fun!
    Great relaxing game where u get to blow up everything. Some stuff are missing such as racing and a few other activities I wish we would have seen here. The story doesn't make me care as much as the first games, but then again its ment to be crazy.
  67. Sep 12, 2013
    One word: Fun. Lots and lots of it. It's full of over-the-top action, a witty storyline and crazy and varied missions. Logic and reason have been chucked out of the window to provide a complete gaming experience. The large variety of unique weapons and vehicles are a huge bonus I loved the Apoca-Fist. (Who needs guns when you can smash through enemies with your bare hands?) Even the side missions are engaging and cannot be ignored. The "gang war" scenario adds a realistic touch to the game, as you are immersed into the role of a Third Street Saint, battling to claim your territory.
    The GTA comparisons are unjustified as they may seem similar games, but SR3 is nowhere as serious as GTA but focuses on being wild and absurd, which makes it an even better game in my opinion.
    Being a GTA fanatic, I was pleasantly surprised by this game.
    I can safely say that SR3 is one of the best games I've ever played.
  68. Jan 1, 2014
    This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Expand
  69. May 25, 2014
    Last Played: Feb 2014
    PROS: + True single-player sandbox with minimal story to get in the way + Several fast vehicles means you aren't stuck with one "best" vehicle all the time + Blowing stuff up (which is 98% of the game) is really fun
    CONS: - Some weapons are weak and you'll never use - Some fight types are irritating (gang survival)

REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is
    not trying to be GTA. It is not trying to offer a story, or multiplayer (which is tacked on if you insist on trying), or a rich cultural experience, or any other pretentious thing you can think of. It is about doing what you want when you want to. You want to throw a fart-in-a-jar at a cop? Fine. Want to run over hookers on a motorcycle? That's fine too. The only limitation is that some event types only appear after a certain "story mission" type (these actually just introduce activity types with some well-voiced but stultifyingly dumb dialogue on the side). That's it. "Finishing" the game doesn't really reward you, because the whole thing is about the activities along the way, and SR3 does this magnificently. You can collect the best vehicles from game start and it is worth grabbing a few, because several of the best cars perform similarly well. Actually, hijacking pretty much any vehicle will make for a passable getaway car (though I wouldn't recommend a garbage truck). This actually works pretty well for the game, since you can experiment with several vehicles instead of being forced into a single best car. The best thing of all, however is the destruction factor--which is good, because the activities are just different variations on blowing stuff up. I said before that the ending isn't rewarding, but you know what? It doesn't matter because the stuff you'll remember are the fireballs along the way.

Which is not to say the game is without flaw. In contrast to the variety of functional cars, there really are "best" weapons that you'll use exclusively (unless forced by a special activity). Ultimately, this doesn't hurt the game too much, because the best weapons are so fun to use, but it is still there. You may also find that certain activity types aren't up your alley. This really shouldn't pose a problem to anyone, though-you'll only be forced to do each activity once (story) and then you can ignore them. If you find the game too easy, you can simply not buy upgrades or call in swarms of allies. This game is all about choice, and it does it oh so well.

Just don't expect to be able to stay away for long periods your first playthrough.
  70. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video game ever, I think we can all agree that there is something to be said about this. This is a satire on modern life, the glorification of hip hop culture, the media and action movies as a whole. If you're 15 maybe this game isn't for you, if you're a 20 or early 30 something person who grew up with video games, the cultural references in here are designed for you. A few things might have been nice, like a 'fast travel' set of options to avoid some of the more annoying elements, more guns, more songs for driving, but the story, the humor and the brilliant satire more than makes up for it. This is as close to perfection in video game entertainment as is possible, don't miss it, I nearly did dismissing it as a GTA clone, it isn't, it's somehow more and when it isn't, it makes fun of itself. Expand
  71. Nov 16, 2011
    To go from a completely unplayable PC game (Saints Row 2) to one of the best PC ports of the year is quite an achievement for the series and the developers.
    This game is better optimized than GTAIV and the UI/Menus are functional and well designed. It controls flawlessly with a keyboard/mouse.
    The writing is actually clever, the voice acting is great, and the gameplay mechanics are solid
    and fun as hell.

To all the people complaining about day 1 DLC:
    It costs a great deal of money to make a AAA game now days, yet taking inflation into account, we pay less for a $50 game than ever.
    You have two choices, pay $70-80 for a new release, or pay $50 for 2/3rds of the content and then pay for the rest voluntarily (after you've decided if you like the game or not).
    To me, the second option is much better, because it gives the customer choices.
    Sorry, but $50 for a full-length AAA game isn't an option anymore.
  72. Nov 16, 2011
    Truly a strong competitor for GOTY. Volition does a great job of bringing you what most current free roam games forget, and that is insane fun. The PC version runs spectacularly. Co-op is a barrel of fun. This game would rate 10/10, but sadly I have to knock a point off because the first half of the story missions are mainly over-glorified activities with cutscenes with some actual levels thrown in the mix. Still, the activities are insanely fun, especially with a friend. Once you reach the half mark of the campaign, the crazy train rolls in and it never stops. One of the best games of 2011. If you have $50-$60 to spend, I definitely recommend picking up this title.

Also, please ignore the people complaining about the day one DLC. The idiot, orctowngrot, is complaining about a $20 DLC that is actually a pre-order for the 3 upcoming DLC mission packs coming out over the span of 2012. The pre-order actually saves you 15% off buying them separately (when they released that is). The other two day 1 DLCs are a pack of cheats (for $3) and a really awesome weapon for $2.
  73. Dec 14, 2011
    Truly a great game ! And like others have said before me, it's a great stress reliever :) I bought this game for Pc, because i wanted to play it at 60fps, which it does on my CG8250. Great game, great fun ! Just sit back, relax, and start slapping people with your purple ..... ;-)
  74. Jul 22, 2012
    I'll start saying I'm not a fan of the Saints Row series, but I've played the second game for about 15-20 hours, and for what I've noticed this game is always compared to the previous one for being "poor and lacking" than the previous game. My answer: yes. And no. I don't like comparing games, even within the franchises, but I can tell for sure that, even though this game is lacking, it's still a LOT of fun. Ok, the main story is worse than the previous one, the story is linear and the death of one of the iconic character really was a bad idea, but I also play for the gameplay, and in that regard it didn't really disappoint me (at least not completely). For example, the sidemissions now are much more required to play because they give you also territory, giving you a good reason to complete them, without mentioning that it's just one single mission (instead of 6 all together), on a certain difficulty, giving you a certain amount of respect and money. Speaking of which, the respect system is now much more open, working like an RPG and not as a simple meter: while I know respect was used to do missions and etc, in here respect is for unlocking skills, abilities, weapon specific perks, and so on: that really makes you play even more the side missions, and you'll need a lot of money to unlock them all, and even though some might not like this system, the point is that this system gives you more reasons to play sidemissions and get money (while in the previous, sidemissions gave you yes money, respect, but also specific bonus, now unlocked with money). The vehicles are also very fun to use, especially the plane, and I like the variety of cars you can have, and surprinsingly, customize (I could customize even a cleaning vehicle...that was so unexpected). And the garage, while in here I use it a lot, in the previous I hardly did, because the vehicle used was "consumed", and basically you had to take another in order to use it again, or bring it back to the garage for using it again...so it was useless. And one last thing: the customization is both improved and downgraded, but In general the customization was much more fun to do here than the previous, spending tons of money just to make my avatar look like a complete retard. Or badass. However, these were the good points, and there are plenty bad points too. Together with the bad story, the missions in it for example are sometimes very boring and the sidemissions, while some are fun and new, many of them are actually the same from the previous game (if you never played the previous ones, you might not even notice it). The cellphone, in addition, makes things too easy, especially when you get the next mission in any moment: it's a nice addition, it kills the dead times between travels, you can call your members anytime and even call your gang to bring vehicles, but it feels very cheap sometimes and, strangely, you can't accept all sidemissions on it (only hitman and car steal), and that could have been useful. A lot. I'm probably skipping some major and minor flaws , but that's because this game was a lot of fun that I didn't even care, and I'm actually making a lot of effort to bring up some real problems: probably this game is the worse of the series and that I can't probably argue, but as a game itself it's extremely fun to play and, again, it's what a game should do in the first place, and if you love absurd actions, over-the-top shooting and crazy moments, you're in for a good moment of insanity, laughs, and pure non-sense! Expand
  75. Jan 23, 2012
    This is so awesome.
    It's like Volition redeemed themselves after the mess they made with SR2 for PC. I mean, SR2 was very decent if you played it console but it was a messed up port on PC.
    But SR3 is a huge improvement over the predecessor. Not only visually but also the gameplay and how well optimized this is. I also like the soundtracks in this game.

The graphics are much more polished
    than SR2 and its also more colorful.
    The driving is also a big improvement in this game, it was a pain driving cars in SR2.
    I love the character customization in this game, and the fact that you can upload your model or download models made by other players.

The whored mode is also a lot of fun. There are so many things you can do in this game, i've had a hell of a lot of fun and epic laughs. :D
    The storyline might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it keeps you entertained.

My only complaint is the day 1 DLC that should have been included in the game for free, but well. That's business. I highly recommend this, its totally worth the money and it provides hundreds of hours of fun.
    I also repeat for those doubting about the optimization. Its an excellent port and runs all maxed out.
  76. Mar 19, 2012
    An explosive mix of sandbox madness and an excellent narrative with dialogue leaves this over the top monster of a game surprisingly down to earth. The writers handled this in a top-notch fashion. If you can create a powder keg like Saints Row The Third, and make it still packed in with tongue-in-cheek dirty humor, as well as giving the characters dialogue that makes every mission such as going through a cyber universe to take down a cyberlord geek who takes the form of a f***** dragon with swords as a normal day in the life of a Saint. Seriously, I want to congratulate these guys for bringing literally everything in the game to create this space of immersitivity; you feel like a bada**, you have homies that you actually care about, (or hate), and a great array customization (for an action game) that gears you up to take on any situation leaves me pleasantly surprised. So, looking for zombies to kill with a sonic blaster? Maybe riding a hoverbike through the streets searching for sex dolls? Calling your Saint army to take on a challenge, or just to piss off the law and gangs of Steelport? Either way, Saints Row: The Third delivers in the most outrageous ways possible, but it works, and that's the great thing about Volition's masterpiece...or travesty, depends on how you look at it... Expand
  77. Dec 28, 2011
    I got this game during steam sale and I love it. I played through the singleplayer campaign and it was hilarious and amazing. There's so much to do in this game. And even besides all the tasks and missions, it's fun to just do random things with all the fun weapons and vehicles you can use.
    Also the coop is awesome for doing random stuff together in the city, trying out stunts or
    collecting things.
    Only 9 points because of a minor problem with my AMD graphics card (or the drivers) which causes the game to freeze for a half second sometimes. Nothing what makes the game unplayable though.
  78. Nov 20, 2011
    Besides the DLC scandal with every game coming out these days, this game is awesome in its own way. It is way over the top, has a lot of cool new features to saints row fans(minus taking away a few) and runs GREAT on PC the first day . Does NOT feel like a port.
  79. lhw
    Nov 24, 2011
    This is probably the most fun I had with a game for a very long time. The main missions are over the top action and comedy packed fun, the protagonists are all unique and unlike GTA IV you don't want to shoot them in the face. ||| Handling: I played Saints Row 2 on PC for about 20mins before I dropped it because the handling and movement was just godawful. Saints Row The Third on the other hand feels smooth and you can actually aim your weapons without annoying assistance. Driving cars is as easy as it gets. The steering is responsive and you can pretty much turn on a dime which is intended by the developers. It gives you an arcade like feeling. Planes and Helicopters on the other hand take some time to get used to. Especially if you come with a Battlefield background. ||| Graphics: It maybe doesn't look like Battlefield 3 or even GTA IV but the graphics are completely sufficient for this Open World game. The town is stylized to match the craziness of the game and contains many well structured places. ||| Story: The story is where Saints Row The Third really shines. It's so over the top that you sometimes just can't stop laughing at the absurdity. It might be a bit short but you still need about 16-18 hours to complete the whole game. Some of these missions are introductions to diversions or activities though but they are few in numbers. ||| Protagonists: The customization of your own character is a game in itself. You can modify your character in any possible way you can think of. Also in this game your are constantly surrounded by the most colorful and unique characters gaming has seen. And as said in the excerpt they are simply not annoying you but actually contributing to the atmosphere with their comical catchphrases and cursing. ||| Open World and Choices: Throughout the game you will be forced to take certain choices which give you either status bonuses or extra characters to call to your help. Except for a few they don't have a huge impact on the actual game. The world maybe not Just Cause 2 massive but it still takes some time to get around. There are a few collector items spread across the world but they only result in money and respect, the two currencies. ||| DLC: The game started with two DLC packages and a preorder bonus on the first day. These add weapons, vehicles and costumes to your arsenal but they are not game changing. The third "preorder" is a season pass to three future DLC mission packs. Which unlike stated in other reviews here are not yet completed and haven't been part of the game in the first place. ||| Conclusion: The only complaint I have about this game is that there is little to no value of playing after you have finished the missions. Completing the district takeovers doesn't really benefit you any further. There are no new crazy missions to unlock when you do and the missions resulting in the takeover may all be crazy as hell but they wear out fast. Expand
  80. Feb 4, 2012
    This game has nearly continuous laughs, with humor in the tradition of Benny Hill. Viola's costume is a particular hoot. Also, the vehicle choices and action are over the top. It took me a little while, but now I love this game. The only reasons that I did not give it a 10 are: (1) activities and missions seem disorganized, making the plot hard to follow. (2) E key is over used, resulting in giving one command while another actually occurs. Expand
  81. Sep 11, 2013
    Saints Row moves away from its roots as a GTA clone and moves into entirely different territory; relinquishes drama for fun resulting in an exhilarating, OTT caricature filled with jokes, one-liners and a huge does of self parody.
  82. Nov 15, 2011
    I've missed playing a sandbox game of this caliber since GTA IV. While the comparisons are inevitable, they are vastly different games. SRT 3 is all about over-the-top ridiculousness which is evidenced by the character customization options, weapons, environment and mini-games. If you're in the mood to just cruise around Steelport and cause havoc of epic proportions while still navigating the campaign then you'll want to pick this up. Of course the game has its faults but the sheer amount of absurdity that is possible easily picks up the slack. Expand
  83. Dec 5, 2011
    In my opinion is a great alternative to grand theft auto. The publisher is THQ, best known for the release of the Warhammer world famous title. This game is the same and better than his antagonist, not a lover of this kind of games do not like it. The story is intriguing, we are in a city where you can vie for the 4 main bands: the Saint (our bandwidth that we are the boss), the Luchadores, the Morningstar and Deckers. The game structure is the same, we can go around the city, taking cars, motorcycles, trucks, helicopters, planes, boats and even fighter jets. Not to forget the tank. Scattered around the city there are properties that we buy, where shops supply us with arms and ammunition, buy new clothes, tattoos and body modification and processing of the cars in our garage that we can save and retrieve them when we come. The character we use is fully customizable, looking for clothes that we could also choose individual colors. Unlike grand theft auto, the story is well constructed, it is a mixture of mini-missions that have no logical thread, here each mission is the development of history itself, and therefore more intriguing and engaging. Our gang is also customizable, we can choose the type of characters that are part of it (how they dress etc..) And the vehicles they drive, even if all this you can choose from a series of predetermined characters and machines and 100% customizable, choose only the type, too bad, but still nice. The goal of the game (besides the main story) is the conquest of the city. Scattered around the map, there are, as I said, bought the property, also purchased stores, mini-games and activities to destroy rival gangs. Each one of these things we will earn a slice of territory to the complete conquest of it. Every shop and buy properties that will provide us with an income time money (you have to spend to make money) and shops, plus a discount. The graphics are not great of course, but in these types of games you know is not important graphics. Hectic and not so simple, we will face gunfire and escapes in situations where we will fight against gangs and the police but also simultaneously with the possibility of being helped by members of our gang. What, in my opinion is much more beautiful than grand theft auto, you know that eventually becomes boring and too long, and you unstitching also lots of laughter. Expand
  84. Jan 10, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. It was entertaining from start till finish with a crap tonne of reality defying action. Not having played any of the saints games and almost all of the GTA games I can honestly say I've enjoyed saints row 3 the most.
  85. Jan 26, 2012
    An adult themed game that is the best sandbox environment I have played in years. Total fun factor between mini missions and actual story line content, can't wait for the next expansion to play some more!
  86. Jan 3, 2012
    This was my first Saints Row experience and it was amazing. The game starts off fast with an amazing first two missions. The graphics are detailed and beautiful. The characters look great and are easy to control. Vehicles in SR3 are easy to control and can be driven very, very fast! SR3 is packed to the gills with quests, activities, and fun. I easily clocked over 40 hours working the main story and side quests. Oh, and you get your own person Saints tank! The chaos and mayhem you can cause with it is just absurd! Not only will local police get involved but they will call in SWAT...and if that isn't enough, the local military will show up in Hummers then their own tanks! Even the weapons in SR3 are well done. All of them are easy to use.

The wide open world reminded me of Grand Theft Auto -- it's THAT big -- yet is jammed full of stuff to do. If you are looking for a fun game with a variety of quests, missions, and mini-games, SR3 is for you. Highly recommend.
  87. Nov 22, 2011
    I found this to be very fun game, despite being one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen, well ever. It's fairly short which is a pretty big gripe of mine, also gang customization feels limited, well if you want them to look cool, depending on your definition.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    Not much can be said about SR3 that it does not say itself. One of the major themes in the game is practically mirrored word for word from Power, a song by Kanye West; which happens to be used within the game as well.

I joined the Saints during Saints Row 2 and immediately fell in love the game game. It was the most random, crazy, and insane fun I had, had in a game ever. Even the GTA
    series cannot compete with SR for ridiculous shenanigans. I have played the game for 23 hours now and have completed story with a 68% completion so there is still a lot to do. The plot line is very reminiscent of SR2 except perhaps streamlined and more focused. In SR2 you were just out to take Stillwater for the Saints and kill everyone else. In SR3 it is more about exacting revenge and running the gangs out of Steelport; there is not as much emphasis on the gang warfare aspect, which I am sad to see. The one thing I loved most about SR2 was the whole war going on between the Saints, Ronin, Brotherhood, and the green guys (forgot their weird ass name). However SR3 makes up for that in mounds. You start off the game playing as the MC along with Gat and Shaundi as you rob a bank as a publicity stunt for the Saints. It all goes sideways when the tellers pull out gun s and start shooting at you. The situation devolves even further then a massive Swat team shows up. After ripping the vult out of the building you nearly escape but are foiled. This is how you are introduced to the Syndicate, a shadowy organization who owned the bank you hit. A man named Loren, a Belgian, offers to buy out the saints and let you three survive; after the predictable "go f*** yourself" from the MC he tries to kill you but Gat manages to break free and a gun fight ensues. Oh, and I forgot to mention; we are on a plane at this point. I won't go further then that, even for a spoiler review. A lot of the stuff from SR2 is still present in SR3; specifically the **** The voice actor this time around almost has a Captain Price kind of deep voice so at times the VO doesn't sound that good. But it is still fairly bombastic, just like SR2's **** was. There are a few new activities: Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, Tank Mayhem, Guardian Angel, and several variations on the old activities. My favorite has to be the PGSERC activities. They are just too crazy most of the time and it is generally easy money until you get the Hunters swarming around you; then it gets dangerous. You go around shooting mascots, evil panda signs, and Prof. Genki signs to get money. The mazes you are placed into have traps as well and there are also Brute like enemies that appear in the higher difficulties. Tank Mayhem is Mayhem but with a tank. The original Mayhem activity is still around. Guardian Angel is where you use a sniper scope and chopper to protect one of your homies from afar. Similar to Gunship Assaults. All of the original activities are present in SR3 however some are not done as activities anymore. For example Fuzz is now like Streaking was in SR2, it is not an activity but kind of like a sub-activity. You are given a list of goals to achieve in the Saints Book and from time to time the Fuzz producer calls you up and gives you a task to do so they can get footage. There are random sub-missions that occur in the game at random. These range from stuff like Fuzz, to territory defense. All of the sub-activities are wave based battles where you have to survive a certain number of waves to complete the task. Assassinations are still present as well. There are new weapons to be found as well as new vehicles but I will not do into those, not enough room to discuss them. Some things I hate about SR3: Instead of having special icons for gang notoriety like in SR2 we now have pink stars. Brutes can easily overwhelm you if there are two of them and keep you on the ground till you die. Only strongholds are customizable and there are only three of them that can only be gotten through the story missions. The old stronghold system from SR2 is gone. Stag tanks do too much damage with their laser cannons, even upgraded with most of the health and damage upgrades they still can kill you in a matter of seconds. Bike driving mechanics are too sensitive most of the time. Can't customize aircraft, yet. Things I like: Giant purple **** sword/club New awesome weapons and vehicles Strongholds now give you bonuses to your Rep and monetary gain Upgrade System Adult Swim radio channel Massive amount of references to other movies, games, and TV shows Funny as hell **** voice overs This game is as much fun, if not more, as SR2 was to play. Expand
  89. Feb 5, 2012
    having played this game for almost a day, i've found saints row the third to be one of the best games of 2011 (i'm late on my review)
    i've played all three of the games now and find that the newest installment brings much more humour and better game design to a series that has put GTA to shame. The story is one that no one would have expected to see and the new side missions are a great
    change to ones from previous games, although i've got 100% of steelport owned and have completed every activity there is (besides the ones from the new dlc) there is nothing left to do as i've also maxed out the respect metre at level 50. Certain weapons in the game show this off perfectly and the amount of customistaion available. while the customisation options have been reduced compared to the second game i find it to be a great extra to such and immerse game. This game along with Batman Arkham City made my top five games of the past 5 years and will remain there for a long time Expand
  90. Feb 26, 2012
    92% While Saints Row The Third does have it's issues in terms of bugs, it's few and far between and the smooth performance and graphical customizations available make the game accessible to a lot of gamers. The gameplay is easy to enjoy. Missions are varied and at times somewhat challenging. Graphics are very sharp and with the over the top use of vibrant colours it looks amazing and has a lot of charm. Saints Row may not be the most realistic game but it certainly is one of the most fun. For the full review please visit www.insidepcgaming.com Expand
  91. Feb 17, 2012
    Great game. If you waiting for GTA V get this now! Funny and crazy. Nice city and vehicles. Plane is awesome. Graphic is not the best but keeps the level of :)
  92. Mar 28, 2013
    It’s difficult to really explain Saints Row The Third without spoiling the story, but there really is a lot going on. It decides to go down a completely different path than Grand Theft Auto, preferring to focus on the surreal and humorous rather than telling a realistic and emotional story.

The development team did a good job of making humour a key part of the game, from the mission
    dialogues to the sidequests and even on the street itself with pedestrian reactions.

Missions involve clearing out the bad guys’ HQ, rescuing someone, escorting someone to a destination and a mix of these. You can also get helicopters, tanks, cycle, trucks, boats and more. You can customise a lot of these vehicles and add Nitro fuel or increase their durability.

As you earn money, you can buy buildings around the city which contributes to your hourly revenue, you can also spend money on enhanced weapons, more clothes, extra abilities and new cribs.

In terms of weapons you have pistols, rifles, SMGs, shotguns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles and a variety of other weapons including a Remote Control device which lets you control other vehicles and some rather powerful airborne missiles.

Co-operative mode is fantastic and there is plenty of opportunity for antics and player-made games of all kinds. There are even unique activities that require a second player, which makes this the ideal game to play with a buddy. Definitely the best sandbox game to date!
  93. Nov 16, 2011
    It's ridiculous, unadulterated fun; I haven't shamelessly laughed at jokes like these in some time. While the campaign is rather short, the real bulk of the fun in this game comes from joyriding around the city with a friend destroying anything and everything. While it's definitely a solid single-player title, I don't think you can really experience all there is to offer without playing with a friend.

While I don't approve of the day one DLC, the game's $50 pricetag (rather than the standard $60 for a AAA) makes me slightly less miffed about this.

Pros:
    + Beautiful graphics (cartoon-ish textures, but that's the intended style; the visual effects are excellent)
    + Performs very, very well on mid-range hardware
    + The sophomoric one-liners
    + Driving physics much improved over Saints Row 2 on PC (let's just forget that game ever existed)
    + Option to change flight controls from arcade to advanced

Cons:
    - Occasional issues with co-op hit detection (some NPC and vehicle positions get out of sync)
    - A few instances of game "freezing" for a second (has happened on two different PCs)

Neutral:
    = The player creator rivals anything I've seen in an Elder Scrolls game thus far. While some people like changing every fraction of an inch of the bone structure in their character's face, I like a wide variety of presets to hit the ground running. I had to spend about fifteen minutes to make my character's face look different than my brother's character (they all start at the same default). This can be a pro or con depending on personal preference, so I won't judge either way.
  94. Dec 15, 2013
    Game: Saints Row The Third Genre: Action Developer: THQ Volition System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Fun and Addictive open world atmosphere +A lot of great weapons and attacks to use
    +Very colorful game
    +A lot of humorous moments
    +Storyline is quite well made
    +Multiplayer Co-Op Campaign is well made
    +Additional play modes are a nice addition aside from the main gameplay

Cons
    -Unable to use custom tracks compared to GTA
    -Not as much mods as you would expect in a PC game
  95. Nov 18, 2011
    Pure FUN! I have played the GTA games but never played a Saints Row game until now. All I can say is that this takes what GTA brought and takes it over the top...WAY OVER! Nearly every mission, side mission that I have done was just plain fun. I don't have a complaint in any part of this game save one...this game is rated M and has ZERO nudity...which makes no sense whatsoever. This is an adult game...give me some adult content. Expand
  96. Nov 22, 2011
    Saints Row 3 knows what it is and rolls with it. It's not serious, not gritty and most definitely not brown. It's Grand Theft Auto before it went serious with 4. It's fun, wacky and takes the piss. If someone can tell me straight-faced that driving a car at high speed with a HUGE TIGER in the passenger seat is a serious game, I will give them an award after smacking them in the face.

Saints Row as a series has always ALWAYS been about fun rather than seriousness. If that bothers you, or if you're expecting a GTA 4-esc game, this game is not for you. But if you're willing to turn logic off to have fun, you can't get much better than Saints Row 3.
  97. Nov 23, 2011
    One of the best games I have played this year. The games overall story is good and the characters were memorable to me. The game was so much fun that I just couldn't stop playing, I literally spent 12 hours playing the game, Some may say that's unhealthy, but the laughs and giggles I had playing this game were certainly worth it. Even though those 12 hours were mainly from playing the story missions, the story itself felt short. Quite a few missions are mainly there just to introduce you to activities. Customization is good but feels somewhat watered down from Saints row 2 and the fact that half of the clothing stores in the city are the same store with the same clothing seems a pointless. If your into over the top crazy fun, then this game is for you. Just try and space out the story missions more than I did. Expand
  98. Jan 5, 2012
    Very good sandbox game, I actually like it alot more then I did GTA IV. Its just more fun, sure it might not have as good of graphics but to me its just hands down more fun.

Good gameplay, nice custimization, good soundtrack and did I mentino a very high fun factor??? Do yourself a favor and pick this game up!
  99. Dec 27, 2011
    I really enjoy this game over the GTA series. SR3 has more of a FPS feel to it instead of a console feel. Its also built for the PC, unlike GTA is. I have spent alot of time in it and love every aspect of it. The ability to just sandbox it for awhile and not be bothered to much by the storyline is great. I recommend it to anyone looking to be bad for awhile.
  100. Dec 18, 2011
    The game is really good, you can laugh a lot with it.The music is OK, the game play is awesome,the graphics are all very good, the one thing they should improve were the physics, really cheese...Also the story of the game is very creative (better the the SR2 story).
    Comparing the two games SR3 and SR2, its hard to tell what better so...
    If you want to buy a Saints Row game buy the third
    one.Everyone says that SR3 is better expect GTA Fans... Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.