Saints Row: The Third PC

8.1

1. Jun 19, 2017
    Amazing game, the best from the Saints Row series, pretty different from GTA or other GTA ''clones'' amazing customization, good amount of weapons and cars. The thing that makes Saints Row 3 different from other RPG's is that it has unique controls,graphics, pretty bright. Definitely worth playing if you like third person RPG's.Great humor filled in the story and side missions.
    The only
    The only negative feature of this great game is the story, i'm not saying that it's bad it's just sometimes random with pretty stupid missions.Overall it's a great game.
  2. May 8, 2017
    The game that transformed the franchise from a GTA wannabe to one of the most entertaining things on earth. Funny, violent, satirical, hysterical. You might find it over the top, but I can't imagine a single person not having a good time playing this.
  3. Apr 9, 2017
    Одна из лучших ко-оп игр за всё время.
    Весёлая, эпичная, абсурдная, затягивающая. Всё вместе это даёт потрясающий эффект, в который лично я готов возвращаться и возвращаться.
    Аплодирую стоя разработчикам, они создали настоящий шедевр.
    Одна из лучших ко-оп игр за всё время.
    Аплодирую стоя разработчикам, они создали настоящий шедевр.
  4. Feb 16, 2017
    I honestly had a blast playing Saint Row: The Third. This game is hilarious, crazy, and FUN!

Pros: + The crazy world and events. + The variety of missions and situation you are thrown in. + Customization!!! + In open worlds I always play as a good guy. Stop for pedestrians, shoot only the bad guys, avoid crashes, etc... In SR3, doing all that is actually REALLY FUN!! + The dialogue

Pros:
    + The crazy world and events.
    + The variety of missions and situation you are thrown in.
    + Customization!!!
    + The dialogue is hilarious!
    + New toys, guns, vehicles get unlocked on a regular basis, which keeps things fresh.
    + Angel de la Muerte!!!

Cons:
    - Some performance issues and bugs. Nothing crazy though. Graphics are not top notch, but I like the art design.
    - Relatively empty cities compared to a GTA... Doesn't feel crowded... However, there are many fun activities to do!!

Verdict: A
  5. Jan 27, 2017
    Once upon a time, Volition made an open-world game that got positive reception, yet everyone considered it to be a GTA clone. So they tried for a second time, and released a comedic sequel that, yet again, everyone considered to be a GTA clone. And thus they tried for a third time, creating a game that exceeds the absurd, and goes beyond the over-the-top. Saints Row: The Third was born.Once upon a time, Volition made an open-world game that got positive reception, yet everyone considered it to be a GTA clone. So they tried for a second time, and released a comedic sequel that, yet again, everyone considered to be a GTA clone. And thus they tried for a third time, creating a game that exceeds the absurd, and goes beyond the over-the-top. Saints Row: The Third was born. Now, it has a unique identity to call its own.

Saints Row 3 is explosive, fun, and crude. The game relishes itself in the most immature and ridiculous things that its developers can conjure; one moment, you're chaperoning "escorts" and tigers around the city; next thing you know, you're driving light cycles in VR, and shooting mascots in a murder-themed game show. Seriously, nothing ever makes sense in this game. Have you ever wacked someone with a 48" 3-pound ♥♥♥♥♥ bat? Make your dream come true, and stick that thing up the citizens of Steelport.

But what do you actually do in SR3? It isn't just mindless fun, is it? Well, it actually is. However, you're given the task of growing your gang, and taking revenge on The Syndicate. To do that, you need to earn - or steal - money by doing various mindless activities across the map. With enough money, you can spend it on skills, bonuses, and customization options. Only when you're strong enough, can you handle the huge mobs and vehicles that come in your way. You want to rule Steelport? Buy all of the properties, participate in the activities, and defeat your rival gangs. Better yet, do it in a gimp suit, with your co-op buddy dressed as a priest, and an army of nudists backing you. Too bad the gimp-driven pony carts only appear in one mission. Good thing we have talented modders, right?

And there you have it.
  6. Oct 27, 2016
    I have ninety four hours in this game and counting. This game is by far, my favorite open world, GTA style type of game ever. The colors, THE COLORS, they're vibrant, well spread out, and just brilliantly placed. The city is unique, with many different distinct landmarks. The outlandish weapons, like the "Penetrator" (which is essentially a giant **** and an RC device which let you controlI have ninety four hours in this game and counting. This game is by far, my favorite open world, GTA style type of game ever. The colors, THE COLORS, they're vibrant, well spread out, and just brilliantly placed. The city is unique, with many different distinct landmarks. The outlandish weapons, like the "Penetrator" (which is essentially a giant **** and an RC device which let you control and explode other people's vehicles, are just icing on the cake. The voice acting (You can pick from over six voices, including the legendary Nolan North), the character customization (which is endless), and the story will keep you coming back. I have replayed this game more times than I can count. Its a blast with a friend, and I just have to express my love for this crude and offensive game.
    Another thing: If you are easily offended, as stated by another review, don't buy it.
    But please, do yourself a favor, and get out, and get this amazing game!
  7. Oct 27, 2016
    They took everything that made first 2 games so awesome, threw them out the window and took a few steps back with The Turd. To sum this game up, its a guilty pleasure. Steelport is sucha boring and bland city compared to Stillwater, there is completely no attetnion to detail. Story while it has its moments overall is just silly and uninspiring, no more you have that cool gangsta vibe fromThey took everything that made first 2 games so awesome, threw them out the window and took a few steps back with The Turd. To sum this game up, its a guilty pleasure. Steelport is sucha boring and bland city compared to Stillwater, there is completely no attetnion to detail. Story while it has its moments overall is just silly and uninspiring, no more you have that cool gangsta vibe from previous game, instead now youre feel more like a pimp than a gangsta which may sound cool to some, but it really isnt once you play it. After you finish the story missions theres nothing to do and game becomes a boredom fast. Expand
  8. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 7
    Graphics : 6
    Story : 6
    Sound : 7
    Overall : 7
  9. Jun 25, 2016
    It's kind of strange to make an open-world game whose story & missions are shorter and more concise than its predecessor. Isn't an open-world game about having a ton of stuff to explore and do? Which to me is the conundrum of Saints Row: The Third. It's still a fun game, and recommended, but a lack of content volume (not variety) disappoints after the plethora of activities in Saints RowIt's kind of strange to make an open-world game whose story & missions are shorter and more concise than its predecessor. Isn't an open-world game about having a ton of stuff to explore and do? Which to me is the conundrum of Saints Row: The Third. It's still a fun game, and recommended, but a lack of content volume (not variety) disappoints after the plethora of activities in Saints Row 2.

+ Good gun-play, character upgrade path, weapon upgrade path.
    + Graphics are really good (DX11) if your machine is powerful enough to turn the settings up (a far render distance is pretty taxing).
    + The story is ostentatiously stupid fun - like a fantastic B-movie - if you can enjoy it for what it is, and not expect something more serious like Saints Row 2.
    + Good voice acting from everyone.
    + Some fun new activities, and most of the old activities are back: Escort, Trail-blazing, Mayhem, Hostage, and more, as well as new variants (like Tank Mayhem), or new activities entirely (Guardian Angel, Assassinations).
    + Autos are still customizeable, most of the options staying the same. The vehicles drive better than than the ones in SR2, though there are fewer varieties.
    +Tons of personal costume and character customizations.

+ / - Lots of R-rated content. Just saying. I mean, it is a Saints Row game. But when one of the available melee weapons is a giant d**k bat that is called the "Penetrator" - yeah... For maximum safety, make sure your mom (or anyone else who might object) can't walk in on you while you're playing Saints Row: The Third.

- While the activites are fun, and there are a lot of activity icons that appear on the map, there aren't very many of them. In Sants Row 2, each activity had 6 levels to be completed. Here, there is just ONE instance of each activity at a map icon. Early in the game, completing some activities unlocks more of the same activity (at another location) at a higher difficulty, which is fine. But there is a LOT LESS content here. Got the game to 92% completion in 32.3 hours.
    - Lots of DLC. With a lot less content already, be sure to get Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - or don't bother buying the game.
    - Crib customization is GONE. This really bummed me. Yes, there are three cribs / strongholds that can be upgraded, but the upgrades are all pre-determined, and don't change look / layout of your crib (upgrading can make the building taller, giving you a higher view, but that's about it).

Temper your content expectations and Saints Row: The Third becomes a gleeful B-movie romp, missing the seriousness of Saints Row 2 and the all-out insanity of Saints Row IV. Heartily recommended.
  10. Jun 22, 2016
    This game. This ♥♥♥♥ing game right here? This is what Sandbox games should be. This is the game that takes that dumb ♥♥♥♥ people do and makes it your objective. As the world's most psycopathic gangster, it's within your power to kill zombies, beat up gimps with a giant horse ♥♥♥♥♥, throw farts in jars, shove a grenade into a mutant strongman's mouth, run over furries, get into a luchaThis game. This ♥♥♥♥ing game right here? This is what Sandbox games should be. This is the game that takes that dumb ♥♥♥♥ people do and makes it your objective. As the world's most psycopathic gangster, it's within your power to kill zombies, beat up gimps with a giant horse ♥♥♥♥♥, throw farts in jars, shove a grenade into a mutant strongman's mouth, run over furries, get into a lucha match with chainsaws, throw yourself into traffic to collect insurance money, set damn near everything on fire, get a truck stuck in a drawbridge, face off against a gigantic helicarrier and transport a cargo container full of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s by helicopter over hostile territory. And that's really just a small fraction of the insane, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, incredibly fun ♥♥♥♥ you'll do in this game. Grand Theft Auto can take it's depressing, drawn-out campaign and shove it. No Roman, I won't ♥♥♥♥ing go bowling with you. You know why? Because I'M IN SAINTS ROW, TRICK! Expand
  11. May 27, 2016
    This game is, basically, my childhood. I was 13 when it came out, and i played it like 3 times, by now. I just can't see any flaws here. This game is perfect, from the humor, to the story, to the action. 11/10, hahaha!
  12. May 1, 2016
    Tastes good at first but leaves a very nasty aftertaste. Not as funny or clever as the second game and the engine feels like garbage. The missions are dull and repetitive. The DLC is overpriced pap. Can't bring myself to even finish the campaign once, and I'm a series fan that beat the second game three or four times. I feel ripped off considering I pre-ordered and I barely ever pre-orderTastes good at first but leaves a very nasty aftertaste. Not as funny or clever as the second game and the engine feels like garbage. The missions are dull and repetitive. The DLC is overpriced pap. Can't bring myself to even finish the campaign once, and I'm a series fan that beat the second game three or four times. I feel ripped off considering I pre-ordered and I barely ever pre-order games. After this fiasco, I NEVER will ever again. Valve has become a joke, as money grubbing and commercial as The Saints are in this game -- I can't believe there's TF2 bobbleheads stuck permanently in your wardrobe. Wait, this is Valve in 2012, of course I can.

PS: I wrote this review on Steam before the wave of SR3 DLC and the absolutely disgusting cashgrab that was SR4, so I did see it coming. Sadly. I actually still play SR2, even now in 2016, but SR3 remains uninstalled. Not even the Gentlemen of Steelport mod could save this greedy, disgusting mess. Sad, sad, sad.
  13. Jan 14, 2016
    No other games has achieved such mindless, blissful gameplay as that of Saints Row 3. The game has gained special place in my heart in several ways, from diving down from a helicopter shooting up a gang-affiliated party while listening to the exhilarating Kanye West's Power to having a blast in the city as a 350 pound purple man with a face equivalent to handsome Squidward causing moreNo other games has achieved such mindless, blissful gameplay as that of Saints Row 3. The game has gained special place in my heart in several ways, from diving down from a helicopter shooting up a gang-affiliated party while listening to the exhilarating Kanye West's Power to having a blast in the city as a 350 pound purple man with a face equivalent to handsome Squidward causing more havoc than that of an Indian restaurant bathroom. The game does not have any **** self-condemnation as the player is put right into a supreme gang which has a penthouse with women with size ZZZ breasts and the most alpha men one can imagine. Saints Row Three makes players feel absolutely badass, which is connected to its unforgiving but most importantly extremely entertaining gameplay and, as I must say, three-foot long purple **** Expand
  14. Nov 28, 2015
    This game was a gift from a friend, and in the beginning I played it here and there. About 8 hours of not really doing anything and just screwing around in the city while completing some missions, I found myself lost within the wonder of the city. As I bought new games I let this one sit for a while, and I start to play it again a few months later, I start doing some more of the missionsThis game was a gift from a friend, and in the beginning I played it here and there. About 8 hours of not really doing anything and just screwing around in the city while completing some missions, I found myself lost within the wonder of the city. As I bought new games I let this one sit for a while, and I start to play it again a few months later, I start doing some more of the missions and this game pulls me back into the city, pulls me back into the wonder of Saints Row: The Third. The thing I can say whole-heartedly about this game is that it has an over the top unique style to it unmatched by other sandbox games and that's what really drew me into the world.

This game gives you a sense of freedom and the ability to be who you want to be and do what you want to do. That's a hard thing to come by with games sometimes, and for SR3 to nail it perfectly can't be ignored.

There's so many high points to this game, the missions are always fun, the gameplay is awesome, the controls are tight. The story is well rounded, over the top, and full of what the f*ck moments that leave you scratching your head. My favorite moment being the Tron world fighting the leader of the Deckers, Matt Miller. I don't want to spoil too much because what I'm obviously saying is, "Play this game, oh my god, you need to play this game."

Now there are some gripes I do want to point out, now towards the end of the game, there's a mission involving zombies where you have to dispose of containers. This mission to me was a pain in the a**... You have to run container to container trying to avoid the zombies, and there's hoards coming at you from every which way. So it did get annoying trying to finish that mission. My other complaint is the ending mission, going to the three locations to fight off everything thrown at you. It was a bit much even being the final mission to the game.

I honestly the low points in Three Way can easily be overlooked by the next part in the mission which brings the great story to a close. This game should not be overlooked, it's funny, over the top, amazing and unique. If you have the extra spending money or if you're thinking about getting it during a sale, what are you waiting for? Buy this game!

I give it an 8.5/10 :)
  15. Nov 11, 2015
    Just a ton of fun! Completely absurd but a great way to blow off some steam. The voice acting and comedy were top-notch. This was the first Saints Row that I played and it totally had me hooked.
  16. Nov 11, 2015
    GTA V before it was made!
    It's fun, nasty, hard, easy, boring and all of that mixed with a great gameplay and story.
    Ohh also, death alot of death!
  17. Sep 30, 2015
    To be brutally honest open world sandbox games are just not my thing. I really enjoyed the humor in the game, at times it can be rather funny, but the setting and environment I personally found to be incredibly bland. Like it has its moments but if anything Saints Row the Third feels like a hollow attempt to kinda invent a dying franchise, Ill admit that it is fun in places and theTo be brutally honest open world sandbox games are just not my thing. I really enjoyed the humor in the game, at times it can be rather funny, but the setting and environment I personally found to be incredibly bland. Like it has its moments but if anything Saints Row the Third feels like a hollow attempt to kinda invent a dying franchise, Ill admit that it is fun in places and the soundtrack is fantastic as will as the driving mechanics and the story itself is so ridiculously silly that its a joy to play. But over then that I cant say that I really wanna play another Saints Row game again, its just not my bread and butter. Expand
  18. Aug 21, 2015
    this game gives good feeling of shooting and hitting sense. this game is a well-made open world game. it's cool more than GTA series. it's crazy storyline is not good so so.
  19. May 30, 2015
    This is a real fun game. I loved it. The plot isn't amazing and the graphics won't blow your mind, but there's a ton of stuff to do and it will take your mind off things cause it's really funny.
  20. May 19, 2015
    Saints Row: The Third is hilarious. The story and the missions are crazy and over the top. The soundtracks are also great. The vehicles are great and the customization is excellent. The character customization is also great. Some of the characters are voiced by famous people like Hulk Hogan, Sasha Grey, etc. The weapon upgrade system is what I don't like. I accidentally upgraded my SMG toSaints Row: The Third is hilarious. The story and the missions are crazy and over the top. The soundtracks are also great. The vehicles are great and the customization is excellent. The character customization is also great. Some of the characters are voiced by famous people like Hulk Hogan, Sasha Grey, etc. The weapon upgrade system is what I don't like. I accidentally upgraded my SMG to shoot fire and when I shoot it at someone they caught on fire which is annoying because when you're in a hurry and run close to the enemy you shoot, you'll be caught on fire too. I wish they had some way to downgrade weapons or an option to remove the special ability for weapons. Overall Saints Row: The Third is a fun and funny game with may things to do. Expand
  21. May 15, 2015
  22. May 14, 2015
    Even though a parody on the genre, Saints Row III is a solid and fun to play game. The style is that of the GTA, but the pace is much more speedy. The storyline is simply hilarious - just start the game, and watch the first trailer. At places i had to stop playing i laughed so hard! I only wish the story was a little longer - if you just cover the main plot line, you will finish theEven though a parody on the genre, Saints Row III is a solid and fun to play game. The style is that of the GTA, but the pace is much more speedy. The storyline is simply hilarious - just start the game, and watch the first trailer. At places i had to stop playing i laughed so hard! I only wish the story was a little longer - if you just cover the main plot line, you will finish the game within i'd say 10-14 hours. Saints Row, however, offers many "side-missions" which progress in level as you go through the game, which echo the overall mood of the game in their fun and hilarity! Awesome game! Expand
  23. Mar 18, 2015
    I joined the game seris in the third, and this game was constant laughs and what the F*** moments, definatly worth buying as plenty of stuff to do and plenty of story to keep you hooked no matter how wild the story got
  24. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is amazing graphics awesome gameplay very funny awesome costumes amazing weapons nice voice acting and Burt Reynolds as the Mayor awesome the story is amazing
  25. Jan 9, 2015
    This game is fun, funny and enjoyable.
    Sort of like GTA but much more fun with less frustration.
    I haven't even finished the game, on 79% completion, lvl 48 and have over 4 million in money and have nothing to spend it on. Own everything, upgraded all weapons, have a garage with heaps of fully customised cars and bikes. Bought all outfits and upgrades that are unlocked. Wish there
    This game is fun, funny and enjoyable.
    Sort of like GTA but much more fun with less frustration.

Wish there was more stuff to buy, just doesn't seem enough.

26. Nov 24, 2014
    Fun, Fun and more Fun...
    This game made exactly for games must be made for... FUN!!! Lots of Fun... :D
    Good jokes, interesting story, easy and instinctive gameplay, also beautiful and specific graphics for SRTT, can say that it's not Saints Row 2 yes, but it take its own niche and it's really fun and good game.
  27. Nov 2, 2014
    better than gta v this game is still the funnest open world game ive played the only games that compare to it are Garrys mod and minecraft i think gmod and minecraft are better but this is better than every gta game ever and saints row 4 is evan better than this game
  28. Aug 29, 2014
    Gave up after the first two missions. Other reviews suggested that it's an open world game, but really its just one of those "go from point A to point B and do X" type of games. There were no choices, no strategy, no difficulty. Might a well sit in front of a movie and click your mouse over and over again.
  29. Aug 23, 2014
    Este es... Un bastardo. No tiene nada que ver con el anterior. El anterior no me gusto por la horrible jugabilidad pero esperaba que aquí con la jugabilidad y gráficos mucho mejores que en el anterior juego llegara a ser un juego increíble, tal ves uno de mis juegos favoritos, pero no tiene los momentos increíbles del anterior. No me termine el anterior pero en lo que llegue a ver fue muyEste es... Un bastardo. No tiene nada que ver con el anterior. El anterior no me gusto por la horrible jugabilidad pero esperaba que aquí con la jugabilidad y gráficos mucho mejores que en el anterior juego llegara a ser un juego increíble, tal ves uno de mis juegos favoritos, pero no tiene los momentos increíbles del anterior. No me termine el anterior pero en lo que llegue a ver fue muy oscuro y me daban ganas de acabar el juego para matar a los malditos jefes de banda. Aquí todo es un desmadre, locura, estupideces, y diversión sin sentido. No es un mal juego pero me decepciono en eso, es como si RockStar decidiera que en ves de GTAV hubieran dicho que ReadDeadRedemption seria GTAV, seguiría siendo un gran juego pero al cambiar lo que ya se había establecido en la franquicia los fans originales se molestarían mucho por el cambio. Y eso paso aquí :(. Sin embargo: ¿el juego es malo? NO. Decepciona pero al final si eres nuevo te gustara. Tienes una cantidad decente de actividades, una campaña decente, y te divertirás mucho por el grado de locura que tiene, ademas de que las animaciones y los gráficos son infinitamente mejores que en el SR2. En conclusión es decepcionante pero aun así es un buen juego, pero debió haber sido un Spin-Off y no una secuela completa. Le doy un 07/10. Decepciona, pero se gana su estado de buen juego, aun que veo a muchos fans del anterior con el corazón roto. Expand
  30. sft
    Aug 11, 2014
    Saints preserve us, this game is insane!

Saints preserve us, this game is insane!

SAINTS ROW THE THIRD is the most unpretentious game I’ve played to date. It aims to be a gloriously over the top thrill ride and it succeeds with great aplomb. From start to finish it’s all-out mayhem. Nowhere else do you get the opportunity to batter someone with a huge adult toy or drive around town with an angry tiger in the passenger seat. Few games have actually made me laugh out loud but SRTT did. There are some truly hilarious moments and plenty of dry dialogue. The one-liners are delivered with perfection by the voice actors (I chose the English voice for the playable character – voiced by Robin Atkin Downes, I believe – and it fitted seamlessly). There have been criticisms that story missions feel more like side missions and I can understand this concern. But story is not really what this game is about. There has to be a narrative of sorts but it’s the freewheeling craziness of the gameplay that makes this game a joy. Graphically the game is pretty good without being notable. Steelport is nicely realised but some of the character models are less impressive. The soundtrack is worth a note as it includes some fantastic music from just about every genre imaginable. It may not be to everyone’s taste but if you fancy 15+ hours of riotous pandemonium (plus however many hours of coop, although I suspect it might get old quite quickly once you’ve finished the campaign and experienced all the hilarity and craziness) then you can’t go far wrong with this game.
  31. Aug 1, 2014
    This is still one of the best games. I always appreciated GTA and I loved the environment, but I'd quickly get bored. I'd run over a bunch of people, get into a chase, and turn it off. It had it's moments but the saints is just fast, action packed, and looks great. The amount of content in this game is ridiculous. It's not just one thing like weapons, or cars, it's everything. There is anThis is still one of the best games. I always appreciated GTA and I loved the environment, but I'd quickly get bored. I'd run over a bunch of people, get into a chase, and turn it off. It had it's moments but the saints is just fast, action packed, and looks great. The amount of content in this game is ridiculous. It's not just one thing like weapons, or cars, it's everything. There is an excess of so much and options right there to attempt to speed through it if you want, but you won't. You can't because, there is a ton of it. SRIV addresses the issue of getting to places faster. It's a wonderful mod, but once you complete it this is likely what you'll go back to.

To those of you giving it negative reviews because the gore isn't realistic enough for you and you don't feel enough motivation... please seek help. I know it's not your fault as it's just nature and you are programmed that way, but seriously do us all a favor and get some type of counseling. We need to evolve as a species and your type causes us to hit the reset button on that over and over just so you can have your fun making everyone else suffer. Hopefully at some point the human race will be able to single you out and isolate you to live with each other on your own planet where you can just kill each other to your hearts content.
  32. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video gameThis game is like a funny more entertaining version of GTA, anyone who says that it isn't as good or better has lost their minds. The characters are more entertaining, the third wall is constantly broken and it's a game that doesn't take itself seriously as a drama. Also, the characters are likeable, and, having played GTA V with some of the least relatable characters in a video game ever, I think we can all agree that there is something to be said about this. This is a satire on modern life, the glorification of hip hop culture, the media and action movies as a whole. If you're 15 maybe this game isn't for you, if you're a 20 or early 30 something person who grew up with video games, the cultural references in here are designed for you. A few things might have been nice, like a 'fast travel' set of options to avoid some of the more annoying elements, more guns, more songs for driving, but the story, the humor and the brilliant satire more than makes up for it. This is as close to perfection in video game entertainment as is possible, don't miss it, I nearly did dismissing it as a GTA clone, it isn't, it's somehow more and when it isn't, it makes fun of itself. Expand
  33. Jul 17, 2014
    An excellent game, filled with comedy and a bit of insanity. It takes the basic format of GTA and makes it silly, but with a decent story (albeit some missions are just introductions to the various activities).
  34. Jun 30, 2014
    i did'nt liked this game,i have'nt played the previous versions... the game is unrealistic,graphics is jusk ok.... . The whole pattern are still from GTA who are the real creators of an open-world game. . the story line is also just ok.
  35. Jun 27, 2014
    I just couldn't quite get in to this. While the game play is quite the game is repetitive and I just wasn't a fan of the over the top story line and crazy going ons. Fun while the novelty lasts.
  36. Jun 26, 2014
    Just about the most boring game I've played in the past few years. Hitting people with a **** bat was fun at first, but after that there isn't much to do.
  37. Jun 24, 2014
    Yes, it is similar to GTA, in the sens you steal cars and kill innocent people, but this game is not serious, and if you're not laughing in the first 10 minutes, then you'll not enjoy this game a lot.

Another game which gets funnier in coop, but unfortunately, the coop system does not work very well. Unexplained lag, sometimes ruining the mission at the point you can't finish it, and I'm not a big fan of the join/leave system. I wanted a full coop mode with added difficulty, which is not the case at all

The storyline is only funny if you like that kind of humour (which I did), and don't make the mistake to buy the full fun pack, because you'll start with a tank and a plane, and you're pretty much done for every mission

Conclusion : I give it a 6 for the unfinished coop system, which ruined my multiplayer experience.
  38. Jun 23, 2014
    This game is amazing, the visuals are good, the storyline is good and the gameplay is good.

I have not encountered a glitch in this game and I have completed all the activities and base game, the game had pulled me in and I could not stop until I had finished it and found out what happened in the end, the world is not very inter-active and there is not much to do after you have finished it than activities and call your buddies to kill police (Which I have spent hours of doing :P) but it is still entertaining, the game is never serious about killing or deaths of enemies, the game is not serious overall which is nice to see in a game, all the people saying this game is a GTA comparison have not played this game, I like this game because it is well constructed, funny and overall silly.
  39. Jun 22, 2014
    Decided to play this again and yes it was as fun as I remembered. The humor might have gone a bit overboard at times but hey, that's what Saints Row is all about. I had to download some mods to fix the field of view and aim assist (it occurs even with mouse and keyboard) but no big deal really. It is just a fun, good looking game.
  40. Jun 4, 2014
    This was the first SR game I ever played and it was right before the release of the Saints Row 4. This just got me into this series and I was laughing hard while playing this brilliant game. All the jokes, easter eggs, amazing characters... I just needed something like this!
  41. May 25, 2014
    Last Played: Feb 2014
    PROS: + True single-player sandbox with minimal story to get in the way + Several fast vehicles means you aren't stuck with one "best" vehicle all the time + Blowing stuff up (which is 98% of the game) is really fun
    CONS: - Some weapons are weak and you'll never use - Some fight types are irritating (gang survival) REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is
    Last Played: Feb 2014

REVIEW: Let's be absolutely clear: this game is not trying to be GTA. It is not trying to offer a story, or multiplayer (which is tacked on if you insist on trying), or a rich cultural experience, or any other pretentious thing you can think of. It is about doing what you want when you want to. You want to throw a fart-in-a-jar at a cop? Fine. Want to run over hookers on a motorcycle? That's fine too. The only limitation is that some event types only appear after a certain "story mission" type (these actually just introduce activity types with some well-voiced but stultifyingly dumb dialogue on the side). That's it. "Finishing" the game doesn't really reward you, because the whole thing is about the activities along the way, and SR3 does this magnificently. You can collect the best vehicles from game start and it is worth grabbing a few, because several of the best cars perform similarly well. Actually, hijacking pretty much any vehicle will make for a passable getaway car (though I wouldn't recommend a garbage truck). This actually works pretty well for the game, since you can experiment with several vehicles instead of being forced into a single best car. The best thing of all, however is the destruction factor--which is good, because the activities are just different variations on blowing stuff up. I said before that the ending isn't rewarding, but you know what? It doesn't matter because the stuff you'll remember are the fireballs along the way.

Which is not to say the game is without flaw. In contrast to the variety of functional cars, there really are "best" weapons that you'll use exclusively (unless forced by a special activity). Ultimately, this doesn't hurt the game too much, because the best weapons are so fun to use, but it is still there. You may also find that certain activity types aren't up your alley. This really shouldn't pose a problem to anyone, though-you'll only be forced to do each activity once (story) and then you can ignore them. If you find the game too easy, you can simply not buy upgrades or call in swarms of allies. This game is all about choice, and it does it oh so well.

Just don't expect to be able to stay away for long periods your first playthrough.
  42. May 18, 2014
    This game is the most hilarious game of all time. The story has absolutely no meaning, it is just WTF. The graphics are excellent, the choice of cars and weapons are very diverse, including the ability to customize each weapon and each car to perfection. In addition, weapons are totally ridiculous (like launcher sharks). In short, buy a game with his sequel !
  43. May 1, 2014
    Totally over the top and lots of fun. A well implemented weapon and ability upgrade system keeps you playing. From zombie invasion to Burt Reynolds, this game has got it all. Check your GTA egos at the door.
  44. Apr 22, 2014
    This is my first Saints Row game, and I found it fun and interesting. However, I did not like the bad language constantly being spoken (not just at certain times, but constantly) and personally I also don't like games that promote killing law enforcement or civilians for no reason. For that reason, I gave it a six rating. Other than that, it is fun and sometimes even quite funny, andThis is my first Saints Row game, and I found it fun and interesting. However, I did not like the bad language constantly being spoken (not just at certain times, but constantly) and personally I also don't like games that promote killing law enforcement or civilians for no reason. For that reason, I gave it a six rating. Other than that, it is fun and sometimes even quite funny, and would rate an 8 or 9 on that alone. Well worth it if you like driving cars and shooting everything on sight! Expand
  45. Feb 15, 2014
    Having played Saints Row IV before this, I was pleasantly surprised that The Third is similar in its approach to an open-world game. My expectations were quite low; I thought it would be another low-budget GTA clone with nothing interesting to contribute and its entire appeal would be riding on a few gags here and there. It's great to see that Volition have understood exactly what a GTAHaving played Saints Row IV before this, I was pleasantly surprised that The Third is similar in its approach to an open-world game. My expectations were quite low; I thought it would be another low-budget GTA clone with nothing interesting to contribute and its entire appeal would be riding on a few gags here and there. It's great to see that Volition have understood exactly what a GTA clone SHOULD BE, and in every way Saints Row The Third is a superior game to GTA IV - especially on PC. The gameplay is solid, with responsive controls and simple but effective combat. It plays like a third-person shooter but doesn't feel clunky like GTA IV, and is clearly designed for mouse and keyboard. The rest of the game's mechanics are equally impressive; including the driving and RPG elements. Everything is intuitive and there is a lot to do compared to GTA IV. You can take over the city by doing the side activities, buying property and businesses, taking out opposing gangs etc. just like in 3rd-generation GTAs. Unlike GTA however, you can fully customise everything, including your character's appearance, strength, skills, clothes, weapons, vehicles and your gang. I don't think the "menu stuff" could be improved in any way. Everything is self explanatory, and it's definitely a complete package. Indeed, it's baffling how much better this game is compared to GTA IV in terms of quality, especially when considering that GTA IV is (supposedly) a $100 million game. The graphics are stunning; I have never seen a better use of DirectX 11 features in any other open world game. Lighting is unquestionably a visual treet, with shadows, colours, draw distance and ambient occlusion all being top-notch without requiring a super-computer to process it all. Even in times where there are lots of enemies and explosions on screen there's no noticeable framerate hit. What makes it impressive isn't that it's a triple-A title and a well-obtimized game though. It's that Volition were creative with the characters, level design and story. It's not a particularly long game - perhaps the same length, maybe even shorter than GTA IV. However, the amount of content and variety is infinitely greater than GTA IV. The game pokes fun at previous GTA games such as III, Vice City, San Andreas and a host of references to other games such as Gears of War and Team Fortress 2. It's not as over-the-top or comical as Saints Row IV, but achieves a nice balance between a traditional style of sandbox game and also having its own unique identity. The mission "http://deckers.die" is a perfect example of Saints Row's ingeneuity. But there are also plenty of classic levels stolen from the better GTA games, and made more action-packed, comical and fun. The soundtrack of the game is good too, and doesn't feel out of place. In summary, Saints Row The Third is a must-play for fans of sandbox games. It's not as radical as Saints Row IV, but it is perhaps the best a traditional GTA clone can get without becoming totally unrealistic. Expand
  46. Feb 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A quite good GTA clone ideal for people with black humor that would sometimes laugh the s**t of you .
    The game is quite violent,explosive and made me thought the reasons why this game was rated by ESRB M17
  47. Feb 9, 2014
    This Game is better than the last one because its graphics have been improved by a lot, the story line is way better also! This game is entertaining and I've never been bored with it, I say you should buy this game and have no expectations.
  48. Jan 27, 2014
    Amazing game, I ended up loving SR2 thanks to the nostalgia factor of playing the old GTA's in a better, different way. Now SR3 feels like playing a much more polished up, modern, funnier SR. TENOUTTATEN.
  49. Jan 24, 2014
    The carnage, mayhem and overall silliness of this satirical take on urban America and open-world games like GTA, is definitely fun for a while. It's completely OTT and ridiculous, and there's plenty to do here. The problem is that unlike Sleeping Dogs, for example, there is not even a half-decent story to pull you along, and nor is there really any kind of engaging combat, or sense ofThe carnage, mayhem and overall silliness of this satirical take on urban America and open-world games like GTA, is definitely fun for a while. It's completely OTT and ridiculous, and there's plenty to do here. The problem is that unlike Sleeping Dogs, for example, there is not even a half-decent story to pull you along, and nor is there really any kind of engaging combat, or sense of challenge to make it last. Ultimately, because it's too easy with all the weapons and upgrades you can get, it's just not worth attempting to complete. Funny though. Expand
  50. Jan 22, 2014
    Grandísimo juego,bueno voy a valorarlo: Jugabilidad: Uno de los mejores en jugabilidad,estoy metido en el juego,tiene infinitas posibilidades para hacer lo que quieras,robar coches,matar asesinos o policías,crear tu propia banda,sus colores,editar tu personaje con infinidad de posibilidades y encima puedes escuchar la música en el coche tuya propia que quieras (del juego). Tecnología:Grandísimo juego,bueno voy a valorarlo: Jugabilidad: Uno de los mejores en jugabilidad,estoy metido en el juego,tiene infinitas posibilidades para hacer lo que quieras,robar coches,matar asesinos o policías,crear tu propia banda,sus colores,editar tu personaje con infinidad de posibilidades y encima puedes escuchar la música en el coche tuya propia que quieras (del juego). Tecnología: Tiene muchísimas armas,coches,misiones variadas y un mapa extenso e increíble,te gustara mas que el 2. Gráficos: Son mucho mejores que el 2 aunque tiene algunos fallos,pero nada que estropee lo juegazo que es. Sonido: De lo mejorcito,una pena que no este en español,eso pierde mucho la verdad,no me gusta oírlo todo en otro idioma.. Innovación: Innovaron muchísimo respecto al 2 y la verdad es que no me ha decepcionado,juegazo sin duda,un IMPRESCINDIBLE para cualquier jugador que le guste pasarla haciendo el gamberro con acción,risas y diversión!! Expand
  51. Jan 17, 2014
    I seriously need to know why people like this game.
    The gameplay isn't original at all, and it's way too easy (there is even an upgrate for make you immune to bullets).
    The story is ridiculus and meh, with a humor that can only make laugh a kid; I know is meant to be like that, but just.. no. It's not funny to see a kick in the balls. I don't even wanna emphasize how much stupid and
    I seriously need to know why people like this game.
    I don't even wanna emphasize how much stupid and usless are the dlcs in this game, mostly overpriced skins or weapons.

I can't even find a good thing for this game, seriously, it's just awful. But hey, it's better then Saints Row IV, since that game is just a bad copy of this. And many other things.
  52. Jan 8, 2014
    I had originally played on xbox but i just got it on PC and i must say that the game graphically is way better but playing it took time to get used to and the crashes were annoying…
  53. Jan 3, 2014
    I've played many GTA games and a lot of old open world adventure games in the past, and I must say, this turned out to be a very fun and casual game.

A game that truly fulfills any ego to occasionally go out and smash around stuff with absolute impunity or speeding through traffic in total road rage without any hesitation of destroying anything or losing anything significant value.

To get there, you'd have to first earn your way up, but the gameplay is so laid back that you really don't have to take anything seriously, and that is true even in co-op with your friends. Even if a particular mission fails, there is no heavy penalty, everyone keeps all the guns and cars they've collected and everyone can feel free to retry at their leisure. No pressure at all, which is a total refreshment for all the serious and heavy gaming expects everyone to heavily invest in a gamble to risk losing one thing or another. Not that it is a bad thing necessarily, but it really relieves the hassle of that in this casual environment.

The story itself is relatively short, but that's only to provide an introduction into this sandbox world I believe. The main focus was never really the story, but the world itself. The story however, is just content to introduce all the game mechanics SR3 had to offer. Not to mention the wackiness and humor that you just won't get to see on a regular basis. Pimps riding on chariots? A giant ball of yarn wrecking havoc? A game show devoted to slaughter mascots? Not intended to humor children and mindful sticklers, but if you were, you wouldn't pick up a game about gangstas in the first place, unless your only intent is to patronize it.

Overall, it is a game that's well deserved its full marks, simply just because it has managed to capture this player's undivided attention until all missions and almost all achievements (96%) have been completed for 252 hours.
  54. Jan 1, 2014
    This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is AThis Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Masterpiece!This Is A Expand
  55. Dec 28, 2013
    God damn it. What a disappointment. The story is average, the world is average and the characters are just...okay. It's great fun to go around and blow stuff up but it just gets old really quickly. The story has to many sex jokes and is stupid, but some characters are cool and fun missions. The muti-player is broken, removed activities and the RPG element sucks.
    IF YOU WANT TO BUY A
    IF YOU WANT TO BUY A SAINTS ROW GAME, GET SAINTS ROW 2.
    And by the way for you idiots in this review section, GTA IV isn't boring, it's just slower for the almighty 'Character development' which seems rare today.
  56. Dec 16, 2013
    Saint's row the third was a fun game. Not going to lie, I did find driving at ridiculous speeds and shooting explosive pistol rounds quite entertaining but I didn't find the game's story very interesting. I was more obsessed with obtaining the funds to increase my hourly city earnings which is a great system for creating an economy but I think it was kind of buggy. Theoretically the gameSaint's row the third was a fun game. Not going to lie, I did find driving at ridiculous speeds and shooting explosive pistol rounds quite entertaining but I didn't find the game's story very interesting. I was more obsessed with obtaining the funds to increase my hourly city earnings which is a great system for creating an economy but I think it was kind of buggy. Theoretically the game is supposed to reward me with pay every 15 minutes of real life time but from what I experienced that system was inconsistent and it sometimes didn't give me the much needed cash. Anyways, the game wasn't designed to be taken seriously and it was in all honesty a lot of fun, but I just found a couple of features about the game to be turn offs and as a result, I didn't enjoy the game as much as I had hoped. Expand
  57. Dec 15, 2013
    Game: Saints Row The Third
    Genre: Action
    Developer: THQ Volition System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Fun and Addictive open world atmosphere +A lot of great weapons and attacks to use
    Game: Saints Row The Third

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Fun and Addictive open world atmosphere
    +A lot of great weapons and attacks to use
    +Very colorful game
    +A lot of humorous moments
    +Storyline is quite well made
    +Multiplayer Co-Op Campaign is well made
    +Additional play modes are a nice addition aside from the main gameplay

Cons
    -Unable to use custom tracks compared to GTA
    -Not as much mods as you would expect in a PC game
  58. Dec 7, 2013
    Saints Row: The Third...
    Many people will say that this game isn't as good as is predecessor, but in this reviewers opinion, I'd say that I enjoyed this one more. The story line may not be as good, but the game play for me really saved it, aside from some hilarious bugs, the game was fine, performance was good etc. I find that the jokes were pretty funny.
    On top of that the multiplayer
    Saints Row: The Third...
    On top of that the multiplayer is incredibly hilarious even though it doesn't seem like they put much work into tailoring the campaign for multiplayer, because the cut scenes on show yourself.
    Overall, I find it an enjoyable game, with a very sincere ending.
  59. Nov 20, 2013
    Saint’s Row: The Third was the first game of the franchise that I have actually bothered to play… I can say that I enjoyed my experience, but it took a while to get into and just didn't really tick the boxes that other open worlds can! Now, this was a more laid-back open world which clearly encourages you to be a maniac, get involved with the world, complete ridiculous activities and haveSaint’s Row: The Third was the first game of the franchise that I have actually bothered to play… I can say that I enjoyed my experience, but it took a while to get into and just didn't really tick the boxes that other open worlds can! Now, this was a more laid-back open world which clearly encourages you to be a maniac, get involved with the world, complete ridiculous activities and have a run in with zombies! However, despite the fun you can have with it; the Open World market is saturated and clearly dominated by GTA… It certainly was an interesting game with more freedom involved, but there are better out there i.e. Sleeping Dogs and Just Cause 2. Expand
  60. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

61. Nov 10, 2013
    Saints Row The Third is a great game but ive missed the old Saints Row 2 feel,i missed the old radios,i missed a lot of things,Saints Row The Third is a game to play for fun but the story isnt so good
  62. Oct 30, 2013
    Fantastic game!
    SR 1/2 were trying to remain somewhat realistic while being insanely fun, this game is only about the fun!
    Great relaxing game where u get to blow up everything. Some stuff are missing such as racing and a few other activities I wish we would have seen here. The story doesn't make me care as much as the first games, but then again its ment to be crazy.
  63. Oct 28, 2013
    I would like to say I have never played a saints row game before saints row the third and I can tell you I had a blast. I played the whole game with a friend on co-op and loved the mayhem we caused. The game did a great job with syncing both players when playing co-op online with only a few minor issues with vehicles but it didn't effect the over all gameplay. The story was a great mix ofI would like to say I have never played a saints row game before saints row the third and I can tell you I had a blast. I played the whole game with a friend on co-op and loved the mayhem we caused. The game did a great job with syncing both players when playing co-op online with only a few minor issues with vehicles but it didn't effect the over all gameplay. The story was a great mix of GTA and comic book type humor with some paths you can choose which direction you can go. This game had a huge amount of character customization with more clothing than jcpenney. All in all I had a really great time playing this game and will stay as one of my favorite co-op games. Expand
  64. Oct 19, 2013
    I love open world third person shooters so I decided to give SR3 a try. This game is just too over the top for me. The story didn't pull me in at all and the game play was kind of floaty for me. You get all sorts of badass weapons and vehicles right from the start so there was no real motivation to level up and get cool stuff. The graphics are nice and the audio is also good. The game is aI love open world third person shooters so I decided to give SR3 a try. This game is just too over the top for me. The story didn't pull me in at all and the game play was kind of floaty for me. You get all sorts of badass weapons and vehicles right from the start so there was no real motivation to level up and get cool stuff. The graphics are nice and the audio is also good. The game is a little over the top and wacky for me. To me it seems like this game was geared towards children more than adult gamers even though it has a lot of adult content. I simply became bored with it quickly and uninstalled.

It also ran a bit chuggy fps wise on my rig. My computer is relatively high-end but I feel like SR3 could've been optimized better by the developers.
  65. Oct 14, 2013
    To be honest I enjoyed this game, I had a ton of fun with it and even though the story wasn't really realistic or hard core gangsters you see in Saints Row 1 and 2 you can still have fun with this game.

Just because it isn't like the other saint's row games doesn't make this a bad game. They probably got sick of being compared to GTA and wanted to completely leave that style of game-play.

The things I liked about Saints Row 2 is that it had a MUCH better story and ending and the side-missions weren't annoying but honestly I had much more fun with this game then in Saints Row 2.

I hated how in Saints Row 2 you needed to get a entire level of respect before actually doing a mission and that just became extremely annoying and would take me 30 mins to and HOUR just to get enough XP to do a 15 minute mission.

I hated the endings in Saints Row 3 and I disliked them FORCING you to do boring side-missions just so you can play the main missions and how they got rid of Gat so early in the game.

But really, I had fun with this game and playing the story with friends was really fun, even though the plot of the story wasn't down to earth doesn't mean this game is bad, it just means they are trying something different and for the original Saints Row fans who are used to a Down to earth plot of course you're not going to like this but if you're willing to try something new this can be a whole NEW world and can be a ton of fun.

I'm not going to say which game is better but I don't think this game really deserves to be kicked in the teeth as much as it is.
  66. Oct 13, 2013
    You might enjoy this game you hadn't played the first two Saints Rows, but other than that this game was an utter disappointment for a fan of the Saints Row series. The game was so lackluster in content that it felt that I had been playing a demo.The story was so linear, and the ending was awful. I'd expected more out of this game, but it felt real short of my expectations.
  67. Oct 1, 2013
    Over the top, so silly that you have no choice but to love it. Still, it is by no means flawless.

As much as GTA IV could go crazy, it was still a bit more serious than its predecessors. Saints Row goes exactly the opposite route, powers up and unleashes its craziness upon the virtual city full of unsuspecting civilians. It's fun, it's trippy, it's full of "WTF" moments. While it lasts that is, because it seriously lacks replay value. There's also simply not much to do after the game is over. Sure, Prototype-like jumping and flying can be fun for a while, but after a while you realize there's nothing else you want to do in this particular virtual reality, and choose to play something else.

Yes, I had immense fun with this game while it lasted, but I don't think I'll ever be actually replaying it.

It was good, but not THAT good.
  68. Sep 30, 2013
    I'm not sure about the reason why this game is mostly given positive reviews. I would expect more Nagatives After seeing the endings, I have clearly nothing to gain fun. Player has to complete the repetitive and irritative missions. When the player see the endings, what's left is collecting drugs, money and dolls. Besides, the map is way too small.

I would like to see a better game in

I would like to see a better game in next series of Saints Row.
  69. Sep 13, 2013
    Nice Game This game is fun playing. I love all the action. I like the game mechanics. The car brakes and handling are good. This is game is really worth buying. It comes up with something new. Its worth every penny.
  70. Sep 12, 2013
    Saints Row the third is a massive improvement over SR2 in the graphic and animation department, in regards to story and content i would say it feels half of what SR2 was, still a very very good game.
  71. Sep 12, 2013
    i never played a saints row game before but this one is just amazing amazing gameplay music and soundtracks lots and lots of funny moments there is nothing bad i can say about this game i enjoyed every bit of it
  72. Sep 12, 2013
    Really fun game.
    Dumbed down version of SR1 and SR2, but still fun to play.
    Lots of comparisons to previous games and to GTA IV, but having played all of them,
    it deserves a place on its own.
    mainstream campaign missions too short.
  73. Sep 12, 2013
    One word: Fun. Lots and lots of it. It's full of over-the-top action, a witty storyline and crazy and varied missions. Logic and reason have been chucked out of the window to provide a complete gaming experience. The large variety of unique weapons and vehicles are a huge bonus I loved the Apoca-Fist. (Who needs guns when you can smash through enemies with your bare hands?) Even the sideOne word: Fun. Lots and lots of it. It's full of over-the-top action, a witty storyline and crazy and varied missions. Logic and reason have been chucked out of the window to provide a complete gaming experience. The large variety of unique weapons and vehicles are a huge bonus I loved the Apoca-Fist. (Who needs guns when you can smash through enemies with your bare hands?) Even the side missions are engaging and cannot be ignored. The "gang war" scenario adds a realistic touch to the game, as you are immersed into the role of a Third Street Saint, battling to claim your territory.
    The GTA comparisons are unjustified as they may seem similar games, but SR3 is nowhere as serious as GTA but focuses on being wild and absurd, which makes it an even better game in my opinion.
    Being a GTA fanatic, I was pleasantly surprised by this game.
    I can safely say that SR3 is one of the best games I've ever played.
  74. Sep 11, 2013
    Saints Row moves away from its roots as a GTA clone and moves into entirely different territory; relinquishes drama for fun resulting in an exhilarating, OTT caricature filled with jokes, one-liners and a huge does of self parody.
  75. Sep 11, 2013
    This game can be define as very.. irreverent. It's just very fun to play it with some friends.

From a technical point of view it's very good, and the gameplay mechanics are more arcade than a GTA game.

The story is very stupid, but hey... that's the goal of the entire game.
  76. Sep 10, 2013
    This game was really enjoyable but it's hard to get into the first time, but once you get into it you won't believe how much fun you'll have. From sniping missions to rolling out in a tank blasting everything into pieces, this game offers a ton of content from the start to the finish, it has great characters a good story, lots of humour, and stuff to do, Saints Row The Third is a must forThis game was really enjoyable but it's hard to get into the first time, but once you get into it you won't believe how much fun you'll have. From sniping missions to rolling out in a tank blasting everything into pieces, this game offers a ton of content from the start to the finish, it has great characters a good story, lots of humour, and stuff to do, Saints Row The Third is a must for any gamer. Expand
  77. Sep 8, 2013
    Another game which i was totally wrong with at beginning.
    To sumarize all, i will say that is a great Sandbox game, lots of fun, very brute and with huge amount of good humour. A very casual and informal GTA type game.
    I love it.

Total 8/10
  78. Sep 8, 2013
    The game is fun for its humor, but lack the depth of story as in SR 1 and 2.

Most story missions are just introduction of a new mini-game, in which some of them are just boring. And the plot is short, which can end with only 6 to 8 hours of game play. If you want to have more to play, you need to pay more for their short DLCs. The game is still quite buggy until now, even it is
    The game is fun for its humor, but lack the depth of story as in SR 1 and 2.

The game is still quite buggy until now, even it is already around 1 year after its launch. Random graphical glitches like missing textures, random fps drop or even game crash are still present on some machines, which are the bugs being reported since day 1.
  79. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is basically Saints Row 2 but slightly (just slightly) worse in any of its elements: there's less variety of pedetrians, less character customisation, the storyline is shorter and at some points trying too hard to be ridiculous (but not even that much considering how I stayed away from this game for a while because I thought they were just "exaggerating" too much), they removedThis game is basically Saints Row 2 but slightly (just slightly) worse in any of its elements: there's less variety of pedetrians, less character customisation, the storyline is shorter and at some points trying too hard to be ridiculous (but not even that much considering how I stayed away from this game for a while because I thought they were just "exaggerating" too much), they removed one or two modes in exchange for more generic ones, and the thing that bugged me the most was, no matter how fitting with the theme of starting out as the affirmed gangster you left as at the end of SR2, that you have insanely powerful things right from the beginning of the game: I'm not talking about the fact that you get the laptop thingie to bombard stuff, since it doesn't even give you that much ammo, I'm talking about the fact that WITHOUT unlocking things from the various minigames/modes, I found myself doing missions such as "hey, we gotta get that helicopter to do this mission, I asked some favors to get it, it's located here" and I went there to get the helicopter... with a better, faster, well-armed helicopter I had in my garage. And this is just one example.

HOWEVER, and I can't stress this enough, this game's little flaws much to my surprise were totally, TOTALLY redeemed by the multiplayer. It worked surprisingly well (with some lag when using cars, sure) and it's... just, it's tons of fun! Since I stopped playing GTA I always wished for something similar that would let me play a sandbox as it is, BUT with more people, and this did exactly that, and has everything from minigames to other modes to actual storyline missions, fixed in a neat way for multiplayer use. Saints Row 2 just had those awfully specific modes that allowed you to play online: those were still fun, but just imagine what you can do together in the actual game!

Overall, the flaws I mentioned might be because of allowing the multiplayer to run smoothly, I'm not sure about that actually, I think they could have just copy-pasted the stuff from SR2 and I would have been happy, and the flaw I found the most annoying (the "you get overpowered things right away" flaw) has its own reasons: the game is trying to skip the phase in which you farm/wait for the awesome stuff by trying and being "awesome" right from the start. I think this can be either liked or disliked by people as an approach, you can think "cut to the chase" or "I don't want stuff like farming" and still sound reasonable, however to me it just looks a lot like de-valuing things and not making me earn them, although again this flaw doesn't apply to everything: the good powerups take quite a lot of money to unlock. Speaking of which the powerup interface and some of the powerups look/sound confusing?
  80. Aug 29, 2013
    I was not entirely sure what the heck I was playing. Tried to play it twice, but none of it made any sense at all. Nothing in this game is at all realistic. Steer clear of this time-waster.
  81. Aug 28, 2013
    I picked this up very cheap during a Steam Sale and couldn’t believe how much fun it was. Following my bitter disappointment with the pile of garbage that is GTA4, I figured this genre was dead, but SR3 has found a way to breathe new life into it. The GTA series is still following the exact same cookie-cutter format from GTA3 way back on the PS2, but Saints Row has found a way to rebrandI picked this up very cheap during a Steam Sale and couldn’t believe how much fun it was. Following my bitter disappointment with the pile of garbage that is GTA4, I figured this genre was dead, but SR3 has found a way to breathe new life into it. The GTA series is still following the exact same cookie-cutter format from GTA3 way back on the PS2, but Saints Row has found a way to rebrand itself into something fresh.

While GTA is still making you comb the city for one car you might like to hang on to and can only save it by precariously parking it in parallel spaces outside your apartment, Saints Row lets you fully customize just about any car you can find with colors, wheel spikes, nitro, etc, and can also have it delivered to you in the middle of the street with a simple cell phone call. Yes, this is a feature whose time has come since now you can actually use vehicles you like on missions instead of being scared to death your tank or FBI car will get blown up or fall off a bridge if you ever take it out for a ride.

VTOL aircraft? Jet bike? With lasers? Yep, those are there, too. Controls are very tight, even for the aircraft, the on-foot combat is far superior to what is still, over a decade later, a clunky & broken system in GTA, and the PC version has full controller support.

An actual reason to explore the city and complete side missions & challenges? Yes, the wealth of unlockable options available, from health upgrades to infinite ammo, to extra costumes for you & your followers, there are tons.

It’s also refreshing that Saints Row refuses to take itself too seriously. Half of a GTA game nowadays is listening to endless dialogue & cutscenes, usually with some political bunk the devs think is very profound. But I’d rather have fun and play a game instead of get propagandized to when I’m paying for the experience. Maybe that’s just me.

If you felt the same way about GTA4 that I did but still enjoy these types of games, SR3 won’t steer you wrong. Go for it. If you’re one of the GTA zombie fanboys slavishly giving that tripe 10 out 10 reviews, then don’t worry, GTAV will be out soon enough to give you more of the same.
  82. Aug 23, 2013
    Definitely worth your time. I spent around 40 hours just messing around and the main story isn't too bad either. Also, these people understand that crude humor doesn't have to be racist or sexist humor. The devs clearly know how to have fun and include everyone at the same time.
  83. Aug 21, 2013
    It does have it's moments. When your with a friend its a great Sandbox game, but by yourself I felt it was not very fun. But I only played in total 1 hour by myself, it was the worst hour of the game. I just wish there was more pre-set things to do in free roam.

The moments when its fun are really really REALLY great!
  84. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is an excellent example of developers wanting to have fun with a game. It started off being a basic, but highly enjoyable, GTA clone with Saints 1 and 2. After moving from being what it use to, Saints Row has become its own Sandbox game of it's own entirety. A game about having a good time and goofing off with a friend in a not-so-serious sandbox adventure.

Ton's of side

Ton's of side mission's and activity's keep you playing and laughing for hours along with the highly customization clothing and car's. The plot it's self is funny as can be, and will keep you interested as you playthrough this story with or without a coop partner.

The PC port of the game is fantastic, and that's coming from the horrible Saints 2 port that had no optimization whatsoever. Driving and running are all completely optimized for PC along with perfect mouse and keyboard support for shooting.

Highly recommend this game if you're looking for a game to just have fun with. Grab a friend and enjoy the street's of Steelport while causing as much maham as you can!
  85. Aug 9, 2013
    I like the customization, but this game just is so buggy, and appears to be mocking GTA.

The physics are buggy, the AI is buggy, the missions are buggy. Now with Saint's Row 4 coming up, I would probably say the same about it.

And the storyline makes no sense, It's like every character thinks that they are "the ruler of the world, and they can do everything they want".
  86. Aug 5, 2013
    DAMN! This game surpasses GTA by all standards. I gave GTA IV a seven, but this game is in another league. It's doesn't try to be a fancy "life simulator" like IV, you know what it tries to be? FUN! That's the whole damn essence of a video game, right?
    I enjoyed every moment and even bought EVERY PIECE of DLC. (Well, it was on sale)
    This game is quirky, funny, freedom oriented (you get
    This game is quirky, funny, freedom oriented (you get to make choices) and most of all, fun.
    And you know what? Props to Deepsilver for not giving up to the console mafia, releasing it to every capable platform- unlike Rockstar, holding out on GTA V and releasing it the consoles but not to us, PC gamers of the world. Granted, it's their choice, but since I'm not getting to choose between the two games, Saints Row IV is the default winner in this battle, for me atleast.
  87. Aug 5, 2013
    I was instantly grabbed by Saints Row 3. It somehow manages to capture the silliness & stunts of the most popular action films in a way that so many other computer games only hint at. It blends short sharp cut scenes to fill in the complicated parts and manages to be hilarious and gripping at the same time. High praise for a game that really doesn’t take itself too seriously. Or perhaps itI was instantly grabbed by Saints Row 3. It somehow manages to capture the silliness & stunts of the most popular action films in a way that so many other computer games only hint at. It blends short sharp cut scenes to fill in the complicated parts and manages to be hilarious and gripping at the same time. High praise for a game that really doesn’t take itself too seriously. Or perhaps it does, but just does a brilliant job of getting the balance right between action and comedy.

The game’s been criticised for reusing the same old formula, but quite frankly with the direction GTA is headed in I’m quite happy with that. Saints Row knows exactly what it wants to be. I jumped in as a female character (a rarity for me), with a Russian accent, who’s victory dance was Carlton’s “It’s not unusual” and who’s taunt was a pelvic thrust from Ace Ventura not something you’d find in the gritty realism of GTA. I did used to take a more serious attitude to gaming and look down on things like that, but with the way my life’s gone recently I’m all up for a bucket of light hearted, reference-filled, die-hard style fun! 5 minutes into the game I’d jumped out of a plane, had a free-falling fire fight, caught a falling comrade and assured her that the plane heading straight towards us wouldn’t be an issue, because I’d just shoot the windows out, kill the bad guys on the way through, come out the other end and catch her again. And then I did it. And it was awesome.

The game unfolds in much the same way as any other sandbox gang world does, there are multiple story arcs which can be done in any order, property purchases for income and activities to break the questing. The activities are a blast and include “how much damage can you cause with a tank in under a minute”, and some sort of reality TV show gauntlet where you make your way through a series of fire/lightning traps while shooting people dressed as mascots to get to the prize room. Completing them results in cash and area control. Whenever you complete an activity, you then control that part of the city and earn more money from it.

The radio stations are the same varied bunch as usual rap station, classical, electronic etc. all featuring parody news readers, adverts and TV commercials. The vehicle physics are generally pretty good, once you’ve got the hang of the handling the cars are really fun to drive. There are also some ridiculous DLCs which came with the game when I bought it, so within about half an hour I was flying around in a military VTOL and having a whale of a time destroying the city using a heat ray out of something like War of the Worlds.

Not much to say about the graphics except that they’re brilliant the explosions, physics, shadows & reflections are all top notch.

Overall, if you’re into this kind of game then Saints Row is a brilliant addition to the genre, it’s engaging, entertaining, serious and funny all at the same time. Even if it doesn’t completely reinvent the wheel, that’s not really what you’re looking for when you pick up a game with the number 3 in the title, so by my standards it’s a definitely worth the money.
  88. Jul 31, 2013
    Really a FUN game. Only real thing I felt negative about it was that its a bit too easy to become rich. Storyline plot, its not like GTA, since its a bit goofy, but otherwise still a fun great game. Definitely worth it.
  89. Vex
    Jul 27, 2013
    I really tried to like this game. I really did. I gave it a chance believing all the hype and good reviews but it left me severely disappointed. The game has no substance and real storyline, the humor is coarse and vulgar, the world feels bland, static and totally boring. This is basically an over the top version of GTA with any semblance of a meaningful story removed.

Only play this

Only play this game if you're into mindless violence, coarse humor, or if you play games like GTA just for the sake of violence. Otherwise avoid.
  90. Jul 22, 2013
    This game has the tendency to cross of line of stupid-fun and stupid-stupid. It wasn't until I beat it when I realized that this game is merely effortless, childish piece of garbage. A dumb story and with awful characters and writing. Graphics that date back to PlayStation 2-era and a boring game world. They over-do the the over-the-top fun that made SR2 so fun and it becomes unfunny andThis game has the tendency to cross of line of stupid-fun and stupid-stupid. It wasn't until I beat it when I realized that this game is merely effortless, childish piece of garbage. A dumb story and with awful characters and writing. Graphics that date back to PlayStation 2-era and a boring game world. They over-do the the over-the-top fun that made SR2 so fun and it becomes unfunny and boring.

Saints Row The Third can be summed it in one word Effortless. You can tell the developers just put a bunch of random crap together and called it a game.
  91. Jul 20, 2013
    A fantastically ridiculous game! I've killed people with a bat and a fart in a jar, escorted a tiger around while he was trying to eat me, helped a pimp get his hoes back, and battled some mexican wrestlers with a blowup doll. The list of ridiculous things to do in this game goes on and on. The plot is pretty weak and and a bunch of the main missions are actually just copies of the sideA fantastically ridiculous game! I've killed people with a bat and a fart in a jar, escorted a tiger around while he was trying to eat me, helped a pimp get his hoes back, and battled some mexican wrestlers with a blowup doll. The list of ridiculous things to do in this game goes on and on. The plot is pretty weak and and a bunch of the main missions are actually just copies of the side missions, but it doesn't even matter. This is a great game to play if you’re just looking to have some fun. Expand
  92. AWG
    Jul 19, 2013
    Smoother and way more funny than GTA IV, Saints Row: The Third is crazy as hell and it keep being entertaining, even during the never boring cut-scenes. Just a minor flaw: Easy mode is basically God mode.
  93. Jul 13, 2013
    It was a pretty good game for me. I liked the gameplay of the story and the character customization. I felt like they could've improved in some areas such as expanding on the story more and I felt like it was a burden that I had to pay more for some DLC's that should have been apart of the game itself.
  94. Jul 5, 2013
    In 2011 there was a huge number of blockbusters, such as TES V: Skyrim, Batman Archym City, Battlefield 3, COD Modern Warfare 3, Driver San Francisco... The list can be continued long. At all these games there is one similarity is their gravity. Invasion of dragons, the Mad city teeming with villains, World war, etc. All this is good, but sometimes there is a wish to dilute it everythingIn 2011 there was a huge number of blockbusters, such as TES V: Skyrim, Batman Archym City, Battlefield 3, COD Modern Warfare 3, Driver San Francisco... The list can be continued long. At all these games there is one similarity is their gravity. Invasion of dragons, the Mad city teeming with villains, World war, etc. All this is good, but sometimes there is a wish to dilute it everything with something and here Saints Row rushes: The Third.
    From all these Saints Row projects it is distinguished with the bezumnost, fun, especially if to play together with the friend. Tasks are passed on one breath. It is over to the middle of game of mission start being copied itself, but it somehow you cease to notice. After all it is possible to arrange such turmoil and to come off on full. Especially that there are missions of professor Genki.
    In general I advise to all to play in Saints Row and invite the friends together to come off in the city of Stilport.
  95. Jun 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't believe I dared to say that saints 3 was going to be better than gta 5. I was hideously wrong. Saints 3 looks to be an excellent addition to the franchise with, better graphics and better gameplay. So what the hell went wrong? There's far to much to say.

Firstly the game itself not the story. There were lots of activities in saints 2, plenty of more options including; guns, missions (various gang missions and strongholds to complete) clothes, cars and more. Saints 2 was far more detailed, you could buy burgers, drinks and cigars in saints 2, so why the f*ck did they decide to get rid of it. I know it wasn't a major difference but, why?

There are some good points about this game, I love the character customisation it's great. I got no problem with that, you could have you guy gold, or green. I wouldn't but there's some people who would.

Now the story. Well, it shouldn't be called a story IT'S A COMPLETE F*CK UP! It went so OTT it's unreal. It's a saints game, it should stay loyal to the story of saints 2 why the hell did it change? So many unexplained gaps in the story like, dexter? Wtf happened to him? And why the f*ck did they include zombies in the story that's just w*nk.

We're the developers horny or something why add so many innuendo jokes and stuff in the game? What were they thinking killing of Gat? Saints row best character! They didn't need to kill him off so why did they do it? So they could make a s*itty dlc about it? And the gangs, well gang because they all come together as one.

So... Overall the gameplay is great I had a lot of fun with some activities (Not all of them). I liked genki it was okay, I hated the new hell assault and other stuff. But the story was s*it
  96. Jun 26, 2013
    Although it is not the 10 out of 10 revolutionary game that everyone claims it to be, it is an amazingly fun third-person shooter that does not fail to be what it is: A ridiculous game and the only one of its kind. The shooting aspect of the game feels entirely natural, and you never feel like it's getting unfair (except for that god-forsaken Deckers level with built-in lag), Although IAlthough it is not the 10 out of 10 revolutionary game that everyone claims it to be, it is an amazingly fun third-person shooter that does not fail to be what it is: A ridiculous game and the only one of its kind. The shooting aspect of the game feels entirely natural, and you never feel like it's getting unfair (except for that god-forsaken Deckers level with built-in lag), Although I do complain that all the gangs become one and you do not get the freedom given in the previous games, making the game feel questionably linear. My biggest complaints are that the best mini-games were taken out and replaced with bland ones and teammate and cop AI were sometimes frustratingly brainless. If your playing this game, with or without a friend, your in for one hell of a treat. Expand
  97. Jun 22, 2013
    For lack of better words, this game is the definition of "why the heck not." Its basically drunk GTA IV, taken to a whole new level. Overall, this game is hours and hours of fun.
  98. Jun 13, 2013
    I waited for far too long to play this, and it turns out I´ve missed so much! The better GTA in every respect more sillyness, more driving around running things over, more settings things on fire and the missions (and story) are much more explicitly stupid.
    Came to be entertained for a bit, stayed through the entire campaign and all DLC.
  99. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is a very refreshing game because it combines the crazy, insane, explosive and creative killing fun that games such as Borderlands and Loadout possess. However, unlike the two previously mentioned, the difficulty curve isn't ridiculous. The first mission is very easy, and following there are many different mission "paths" that you can choose that introduce new weapons andThis game is a very refreshing game because it combines the crazy, insane, explosive and creative killing fun that games such as Borderlands and Loadout possess. However, unlike the two previously mentioned, the difficulty curve isn't ridiculous. The first mission is very easy, and following there are many different mission "paths" that you can choose that introduce new weapons and abilities that make the game different and harder. It also reminds me of Borderlands in that it is very comical, there are little extras such as squid shooters or killing game shows that are easy but entertaining. There is little story, but this isn't a game to buy for the plotline. However, two things. First, if you have an ATI GPU, just don't get it on PC. Just don't. Despite the rare ATI ads in the starting sequence, ATI drivers always crash playing this game. My friend has an ATI and has the same problem, but my other friend has a NVIDIA and has no troubles. Also, for the style of the game, the non-destructible environments and unrealistic domestic AI (brutally attacking some random person and everybody else on the street not noticing) are a little annoying. Expand
  100. Jun 11, 2013
    GTA with better graphics, story-line, humor, all around craziness, and a more personalized experience. This game is just simply fun, and i find myself looking forward to every time that i play it.
  101. Nov 16, 2011
    To go from a completely unplayable PC game (Saints Row 2) to one of the best PC ports of the year is quite an achievement for the series and the developers.
    This game is better optimized than GTAIV and the UI/Menus are functional and well designed. It controls flawlessly with a keyboard/mouse.
    The writing is actually clever, the voice acting is great, and the gameplay mechanics are solid and fun as hell.

To all the people complaining about day 1 DLC:
    It costs a great deal of money to make a AAA game now days, yet taking inflation into account, we pay less for a $50 game than ever.
    You have two choices, pay $70-80 for a new release, or pay $50 for 2/3rds of the content and then pay for the rest voluntarily (after you've decided if you like the game or not).
    To me, the second option is much better, because it gives the customer choices.
    Sorry, but $50 for a full-length AAA game isn't an option anymore.

1. Feb 29, 2012
    The main difference between GTA and Saints Row is that, while Rockstar's infamous franchise seems to grow and mature as the years go by (like whiskey), Volition's sandbox follows the exact opposite path. Each chapter is more wacky than the last, its satirical approach uses extreme, adult- even vulgar humor and intense violence, to the point where one can only childishly giggle.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    Remarkable and technically excellent urban action game comes with hilarious characters and catchy cooperative mode. Passive environment and repetitive content sunk the final verdict down. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is magic. Occasionally offensive and funny magic, but magic nonetheless.