7.8

1. Nov 10, 2013
    This game sucks. A lot. Really, the problem is that it is barely a game at all. It is more of a sandbox type deal, where you can write in a wide variety (though the dictionary does have very definite limits) of words and get random stuff.

The problem is that the game never challenges you to do anything creative or clever with it at all. Almost all the puzzles are incredibly simplistic,
    to the point where you can solve them with a single word 90%+ of the time, and the rest are merely "Give me 3 of X", where X is some category of things. OH BOY.

Most of the puzzles can be solved in under 30 seconds, and many can be solved in 3.

Is it fun? No, not really. And while the ability to create anything SEEMS fun, in the end it actually gets boring pretty quickly, which sucks what is the point of being able to create everything when you don't really need to, and can solve a shocking large number of puzzles just with "fire"? That's not fun. Being creative tends to take longer and not give different results, and the whole thing just isn't that exciting.

There are a few cute moments here and there, and a few things I thought were funny, but... mostly? It was just boring and empty as an experience.
  2. Nov 22, 2012
    A fun game for child and adult both.
    The art style is very cartoony and lighthearted. The biggest thing in this game is the fact you can create almost anything - really, you can!
    The amount of fun you can have in this game just by spawning random stuff is over the top.
    However, this game has two negative attributes - the puzzle difficulty. I had some puzzles where I couldn't understand
    anything.
    Second problem is CPU usage for this game - my quad core 3.1 GHz CPU is used completely. For such a game I would say there are optimization problems. Anyway, a really fun and great game for people who want something that is lighthearted, sandboxy and fun.
  3. Dec 3, 2013
    Scribblenauts is an interesting and unique idea that offers fun for an hour or so but it quickly becomes repetitive. The same items are used over and over again throughout the game which dampens the player creativity. The gameplay really isn't gameplay at all since you're pretty much faced with a puzzle in the form of a sentence and you simply bring out your notebook and type out what you think the answer to the puzzle will be. that answer is then created in the game so you can visualize it. This gets boring after a couple hours, fortunately the game has a really good soundtrack to help take your mind off the repetitiveness as you mull your way through the game. Expand
  4. Dec 3, 2012
    Scribblenauts Unlimited is a wonderful game. The puzzles are well designed, the characters are funny, but the best thing here, is that you can create almost everything, by just writing a word. Even if I write "Super giant flying black ninja dragon" , and that will be spawned. But, this is not a game that is only for children. If you are an adult and you want more "war" stuff, don't worry, because you can equip a bazooka, machine gun, minigun, pistol etc. You can even have a tank and choose It's size. However, let's go to other things. Most of the puzzles are fun, but unfortunately, few of them, are just incredibly easy. And, the world of the game, isn't that big, even if you have unlocked all the places. However, Scribblenauts Unlimited is still a pretty fun game. Expand
  5. Jul 12, 2014
    What can I say, it's Scribblenauts! It's a wacky and imaginative series and this game is no exception. It uses the classic Scribblenauts formula of typing in words to create objects to solve problems. Simple concept, yet certain problems can be challenging to solve. Creative and fun! 9/10
  6. Jul 22, 2013
    Scribblenauts lets you do whatever whenever you want. It has so many items you can spawn and if the game doesn't have it, you can make it yourself! However, the quests in the game are too easy and too simple. I found myself finishing them in seconds (exaggeration). The real fun in the game is making anything you want! I recommend buying Scribblenauts Unlimited on a steam sale.
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    It is almost, if not better than the WiiU version. Everything you see in the WiiU version is here on the PC (exluding the mario and zelda characters, and local multi). With the new antialiasing option, images tend to be much much clearer, and play out buttery smooth. This version also introduces Steam Workshop compatibility, allowing you to download other creations online, which the WiiU is not capable of doing. I highly suggest you get the PC version over the WiiU, unless you really really want to spend $30 more on some local multiplayer (which will most likely be modded into PC) and some exclusive characters (custom mario and luigi characters are already in the steam workshop) Expand
  8. Dec 2, 2012
    I suggest everyone at least tries it, especially if you have a good imagination. You can create almost anything. Cons: restricted creation due to this being a game for every age; bad optimisation; very confusing and limited new word editor; few puzzles can give you a headache because they don't work how you want them to.
  9. Dec 23, 2012
    Nice game for everyone to play, you can have a lot of fun with your family, and create almost anything you want - there are LOTS OF THINGS you can imagine and create. This game is very funny, but some challenges don't make sense. Still, buying it is a great idea.
  10. Apr 8, 2014
    fun for a while, but becomes stale and boring as you continue. Could have been better with a better story and more use of the creative gameplay. Wasted potential right here.
  11. Feb 14, 2013
    Oooh this is even better than the first two titles! You can finally create words and share them with other players, and even if I think there are some limitation in the creation tool, this is great! I also finally started to play the stages (a thing that I didn't do much in the other titles, as I preferred to play on the main menu) and they are awesome and really fun! In this game everything can happen, even that a heart attack consists in a heart chasing a lady. Expand
  12. Jul 21, 2013
    A solid game, but a letdown after it showed so much potential. The game starts off fantastic when your discovering all sorts of crazy ways to solve the puzzles. The first letdown is that this game is mainly comprised of puzzles that require no thought. The game becomes a slow and repetitive fairly fast because of this. For kids the game would be fantastic but anyone older this isn't great. The steam version has workshop support which is fantastic as it means copyrighted content such as characters from movies and other games can be sneaked in. The game looks great also with crisp and clear graphics, even if the animation is basic. Overall I still had fun in scribblenauts unlimited but I still feel that super scribblenauts is superior. Expand
  13. Feb 19, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game, and boy was my experience with this game epic! Unique puzzles (for those people who like that suff), simple and cute graphics, nice plot and awesome music. Yes you can't create everything in the universe, but there's a "Steam Workshop" for a reason.

Only thing preventing this from getting a 10 is it's pretty short, but then again it's about solving puzzles.

So yeah! Check this game out, buy it for your children if you have any. This game is hard to not have fun with.
  14. Nov 8, 2013
    The amount of work that has been put into this game must be incredible. Really challenging idea of a game for the developers. Unexpectedly fun to play and humorous.
  15. Apr 6, 2013
    “Type the word sword. Now type the word crow. Now type the word dog.”

I preferred the original DS version, its puzzles weren’t so leading. This game is literally just screens full of people who want you to give them fairly specific items. You can try to spice it up by making a ‘cutlass’ or a ‘gargantuan crow’, but when the fun is derived from not playing the game to win, there’s a
    problem.

But it’s still fun to be able to spawn a starving hobo next to an edible cthulu.
  16. Apr 8, 2013
    Scribblenauts Unlimited was a well-thought out game. I enjoyed this game for hours on hours, the possibilities are endless and you will surely enjoy the amount of fun you will have. It's quite a joy typing things and having it come to life, plus the puzzles were fun to solve. Overall a nice and solid game, you can have lots of fun with family and friends as I sure did myself!
  17. AWG
    Jul 7, 2013
    The concept behind this game (just type something and that something will appear!!) is awesome but the actual game suffers from a major flaw: if you type something slightly different from what devs intended you to type during that very specific puzzle... you get an error because that something doesn't exist in the game. What?
  18. Jul 7, 2013
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much creativity in this game!
  19. Jul 18, 2013
    Easy, nice game. In some points too easy unfortunately but it's strong 9. It took me 10 hours to do all shards except object shards so it is not that short. I laughed hard in various situation and sometimes had to think a lot about solution.
  20. Jul 13, 2013
    I have played all of the Scribblenauts games, and by far my favorite is the original Scribblenauts. But this game is still really fun. If you're a creative person, this games is hilarious and truly worth the money.
  21. Dec 10, 2013
    Una pena que no pueda dar negativos por la puta mierda de traduccion sudaca que tiene... pinches weys, aprended castellano sucios monos tercermundistas
  22. Oct 1, 2013
    Scribblenauts Unlimited is just full of well-designed puzzles. The puzzles are not just black and white answers either. There are a large number of different objects you can use to complete the puzzles. This truly gives the players creative control on how you want to tackle specific puzzles. This game was surprisingly fun from start to finish.
  23. Oct 15, 2013
    This is an amazing game for all ages, if your 6 you can enjoy it, if your 60 you can enjoy it. This game is VERY creative, and you can really add your own little touch to everything you do. Need to kill some flies? Fly swatter? Or maybe Giant Purple Handsome Strong Shiny Fly Swatter? Or maybe a gun. You can even look like anything you want. Cat stuck in a tree? Ladder? How about a helicopter with a ladder attached to it. You can even make your own weird and wacky creations from scratch and share them all across the world! The thing that lets this game down is the lack of multi-player, if it had that, I might consider this game perfect. Because of the sharing, PC is probably the best console for this. Not only does this game inspire you, but you can inspire other people with it. Just.... Fantastic. Expand
  24. Nov 20, 2013
    Creativity at its finest!!! Although Scribblenauts gets old pretty quickly (due to the repetitive nature of the game) it’s still a very refreshing experience that puts you in control to tackle situations in any way you like! It really does encourage you to be silly; the main aim is to craft items with a magic notebook that makes anything you write in it appear (within moderation… of course). You then use these items to help all the troubled souls throughout the world while collecting starites to lift a curse put on your sister to save her from completely turning to stone! It’s definitely a game worth looking at; merely for being so different and its pleasant cartoony graphics! Expand
  25. Dec 14, 2013
    I first played the original scribblenauts on the DS a couple of years ago and it was one of my favorite games on the system. So I quickly bought Scribblenauts Unlimited for the PC and have to say it was kind of disappointing. The original game had two types of levels puzzle and action. Puzzle levels were ones where you had to help people with certain objects, such as giving a hungry person something to eat. Action levels, were my favorite levels. In action levels the only goal you had was to reach the starite. There was no specific way to do them as long as you got the starrite. In Scribblenauts Unlimited, action levels are nonexistent and even the puzzles that were not merely typing out an obvious object, seemed to be too easy, especially with the addition of adjectives and the ability to customize objects. That is not to say I did not enjoy the game, because I had a blast creating my own objects, but the creativity and thinking required from the original was hard to see in this new scribblenauts addition. Expand
  26. Jun 10, 2014
    Mejor gestionado que el juego de DS pero sigue sin acabar de explotar todo su potencial, al final se sigue transformando en un laboratorio loco de ideas y pruebas de quién puede con quién, lo que no es malo. Vale la pena probarlo y a los pequeños les encanta.

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Overall, the game is fun but I’d definitely recommend playing in small chunks.
  2. Mar 4, 2013
    Can occasionally drag, but is a mostly funny and intelligent puzzler that may improve your lexicon to boot.
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    Get comfortable and grab a dictionary: word-wizard Maxwell is out on a quest to save lives. Don’t expect an innovative sequel, Scribblenauts Unlimited is the improved version of a known concept.