5.7

1. Sep 26, 2013
    I'm a big fan of Scribblenauts Unlimited, and a big fan of comics (such as DC). So of course, I was excited for this game. I played and beaten it and I have good things to say, as well as bad things.

Pros:
    -It's Scribblenauts, as you would expect. It plays exactly how you would expect it to play.
    -Except now it includes a vast amount of characters from the DC universe, it's all
    done very well.
    -It even has a plot this time. The plot is simple but that's okay, most people aren't playing the game for that.
    -Editing is improved, now letting you add powers to any characters you make.

Despite the good things, sadly this is where the game begins to suffer....

Cons:
    -One complaint is the price, it costs $39.99 compared to the previous game which was $29.99. You may think to yourself "Well, maybe the game has much more content to justify that!". Well, yes and no. Yes the game has a lot of DC content added in, but at the same time nothing else has really changed. It is basically a stand alone expansion for Unlimited, not only that but the main story was EXTREMELY short compared to the previous game and there are no where near as many locations. So why the higher price?
    -Hero Creator and downloaded content is absolutely no where to be seen throughout the whole game.... except one area. In the Batcave, you must click on Alfred. In Unlimited, you could access the editor anywhere. Why was this changed? If you want to spawn custom characters, you better remember all their names. Otherwise, you can only spawn them in the Batcave. That is just plain silly.
    -The game has some bugs I keep finding. Characters wont drop certain items, refusing to let it go. Sometimes a custom character won't do what you scripted it to do (such as picking up guns). And I have encountered a few crashes.

Overall, I still enjoyed the game but at the same time I was disappointed. It feels like they could have spent at least another month tweaking the game before release, and it seriously needs some patches. Also they went through all the trouble to add DC content, so they should have taken the extra step in making the world itself vast as well (like in Unlimited), not just objects alone.
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Before starting this review I'd like to mention that I just LOVED Scribblenauts Unlimited. That was the first time I've ever played a Scribblenauts game and the freedom just fascinated me, so that might be the reason why I'm kind of upset about what they did in this second game.

Pros first: First of all, this game has all the good parts of the series: Your only limit is your
    imagination, there are a lot of different items you can create, a lot of adjectives and funny combination of them. There aren't only a way or two for solving puzzles; you really are free to do anything you want.
    Secondly, this game has pretty much everything DC comics has: a lot of heroes to summon and play with (you can also wear hero clothes to get different powers (like laser eyes)), a lot of DC comic items to use etc...
    Finally, it might only be me but I felt like they raised difficulty level a tad more compared to their first game, so in some puzzles you really have to use your imagination.

Cons: Game is short. VERY short. I finished most of it in 12 hours at tops. There is a main story but side quests are just random this time and I didn't like it because you don't know if you completed those puzzles or not. Sometimes the game just throws you the same puzzle you solved in a different map and solving the same puzzle 3 times was kind of frustrating. Although you may think this as a pro, since you get the chance to try and solve the puzzle in a different way but it really doesn't matter that much.

Secondly, musics were scratchy. I mean you notice the music and you keep hearing that, music itself doesn't blend in with the environment and after a while this gets to you.

Another negative point for me was that the developers forced themselves into writing DC comic jokes. Even though some of them were really good and like a salute to all those superhero comic fans, most of them aren't even give you a little smile. Also, they tried to connect every side quest with DC universe (you being a hero and stuff) hence limiting the variety of puzzles.

As my final judgement if you have a huge fan of Scribblenauts universe or have no other games to play or have 35+ lying around for a game you may enjoy this game, at least for a while. But if you aren't such a huge fan or can wait for it, I strongly suggest you to wait for Steam Sales for this game.
  3. Sep 26, 2013
    Certainly not a Scribblenauts Unlimited, Scribblenauts Unmasked is more of a homage to the DC Comics universe rather than a Scribblenauts game.
    Game play isn't bad certain puzzles were tricky and hard to solve. However, the game is not really intricate in its design unlike the previous games. Of course, the game was relatively short, and puzzles were not on the level of previous games
    tricky puzzles do not mean that the puzzles were particularly innovative. While not a story-based game, its story didn't felt strong and was more geared towards involving Maxwell (and potentially the player) with the DC universe.
    Overall, the game is not bad to the point that it has absolutely no appeal to it, but its not a very well done game either. Its price is rather high as well and I would advise people to pick it up in a sale or not at all, its not really a loss if you don't buy it.
  4. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is not something different from unlimited,but it has a lot of bugs like: -It crashes inn some points,so you can't move -Some enemies don't drop stuff And there are some changes that were not good like: -Hero Creator is only in the bat cave -The missions are repetitive -That girl calls you from 5 to 5 minutes because there are problems like"someone doesn't have donuts" Some sequels needs to use the same things as the predecesors.I like this game,it's fun to play,but only because i's in the same series with great game,doesn't mean it the same thing,they really added 10 dollars for a shorter game because of the fame of the predecessor. Expand
  5. Jun 24, 2014
    First of all as a dc comics fan i was hyped for this game, when i finally had the chance to play it it fulfilled %90 of my expectations. The gameplay is solid, a huge improvement when compared to remix on ipad (for ex. shooting!!!!). The vocabulary is vastly improved with over 2000 DC comics characters, but thanks to some licensing issues some characters are not included The hero costumes are a new edition to the scribblenauts universe, they let you have certain powers such as super speed, laser eyes, and pyrokinesis but some of the costumes are pointless for example shazam can't use his signature move, electricity There are some costumes that look cool but are useless like lobo, mr.freeze and the riddler.

İn conclusion thanks the game being on summer sale this month(on steam) i recommend that you buy it before the month ends, it is a great game for 9.99$

1. Jan 27, 2014
    Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure is good for what it is. The main quests have a decent level of difficulty, the open nature of quest-solving is still present, and the large cast of DC characters is more than impressive, especially since it can be supplemented with original downloadable creations.
  2. Dec 10, 2013
    Scribblenauts Unmasked has a mildly diverting quest mode, but everything else about it is so sloppily constructed as to be borderline unplayable.
  3. Nov 27, 2013