6.1

1. MarkL.
    Aug 29, 2006
    A triumphant return for the point 'n' click genre. Broken Sword has always been unbeatable for storyline and characterization, and Angel of Death is no exception. In fact, it's more gripping and immersive than ever before. The 3D poin 'n' click engine is unlike anything I've tried before, and I think it works remarkably well. I found this the most difficult A triumphant return for the point 'n' click genre. Broken Sword has always been unbeatable for storyline and characterization, and Angel of Death is no exception. In fact, it's more gripping and immersive than ever before. The 3D poin 'n' click engine is unlike anything I've tried before, and I think it works remarkably well. I found this the most difficult of the series so far, I expect a few people will mark it down out of frustration. But the puzzles are extremely well crafted and, for the most part, highly original. I hope we see more of George and Nico soon. Expand
  2. EdlismangeD.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Much better than 'The Sleeping Dragon', in terms of everything really. The interface is near perfect, I can't remember any of the bugs (there were only a couple) as they were so minor and easy to work around. The plot is told well, and got me a lot more involved with the game. Although some of the puzzles seemed unnervingly hard, I never felt the urge to use a walkthrough, Much better than 'The Sleeping Dragon', in terms of everything really. The interface is near perfect, I can't remember any of the bugs (there were only a couple) as they were so minor and easy to work around. The plot is told well, and got me a lot more involved with the game. Although some of the puzzles seemed unnervingly hard, I never felt the urge to use a walkthrough, so the difficulty level is just right. It just seemed as though a lot of care had gone into the game, it is quite long with lots of detail and memorable characters. It is also pretty funny at times. Definatley a classic for adventure fans. There'd better be a sequel. Expand
  3. BenM.
    Nov 23, 2006
    Very good improvement of Sleeping Dragon, but still not perfect. I'm a big point and click fan and this was the best BS yet. The puzzles stopped main gameply though.
  4. Mar 3, 2012
    I don't know why they called this game one of the worst ever. The worst in the series, but still GREAT! The puzzles were pretty better than in BS3, and voice acting was amazing. The story was a bit forgetable, but still awesome. But the "eeeh" ending, and Anna-Marria thing etc. were a bit....bad. Still, a must-play :) :) :)
  5. MikaH.
    Nov 24, 2006
    A good game. Holds its own very well. Aside from couple of illogical puzzles and slightly annoying control scheme, this is a very good piece to the Broken Sword saga.

1. It's hard, its opening acts don't match the quality of those which follow and some characters grate - but as a modern rendition of a traditional formula, The Angel of Death has both pointed and clicked wisely. It's another nail out of the adventure gaming coffin. [Oct 2006, p.58]
  2. It's a great game in so many respects, and we're overflowing with admiration that Revolution stuck to its purity of vision about what an adventure game can and should be about in the mid noughties. But when you're sat in front of the monitor filled with rage because of some utterly obscure puzzle, you'll have to question whether consistently busting a player's balls in so many ways is the right approach these days.
  3. If you have the perseverance to stick with puzzles that have been designed to test the patience of time itself, the slow introductory pace and continuous struggles with the game's interface (the genre's weaknesses as a whole) then Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death probably provides everything you're looking for.