Section 8: Prejudice PC

7.8

1. May 5, 2011
    When I first saw the trailer for this game I thought it looked kinda good, but after seeing the price my jaw dropped. For 15$ you will get a complete game experience, an about 5-6 hour long singelplayer with a standard story but it`s still fun and it teaches you the basics of the game.

You will get a multiplayer that is full of memorable moments and adrenaline filled shootouts, but don`t confuse it with the ordinary "run & gun" gameplay because this game is all about teamplay and tactics. The multiplayer battles got support for 32 players and the game mode is called Conquest. You battle for 4 control points and for dynamic objectives to win the match, it`s very much like the conquest mode in the Battlefield games but with more things happening (like dynamic objectives). The objectives can be to kill a VIP player or to kill a bunch of players, but it can also be about protecting things or attacking things like a transport. Then you got a mode called Swarm, it`s a co-op game type which you can play either by yourself with bots or with up to 3 friends, the objective is to protect a capture point from enemy AI soldiers for 15 minutes, this game mode is very fun indeed. It´s like the survival mode in Left 4 Dead but with some nice tower defense added to spice all up. When you kill enemies you gain money both in Swarm and in Conquest and with that money you can buy vehicles and turrets, it`s a very important part of the game and makes it more tactical. All in all this is a great game which you should buy if your a fan of FPS games and for just 15$ dollars you aren`t exactly taking a big risk, and i bet you will like the game when you learnt the basics. I give this game 9/10 for it`s amazing price and simply because it`s a great game!
  2. May 23, 2011
    Wow, it's really frustrating more people aren't playing this game. It's one of maybe 2 total complaints I have about it. Section 8: Prejudice has everything Brink was supposed to have and comes with a $15 price tag. I find myself getting cravings to play it, which is rare with FPS's these days. The gameplay is intense and very easy to get wrapped up in, especially completing objectivesWow, it's really frustrating more people aren't playing this game. It's one of maybe 2 total complaints I have about it. Section 8: Prejudice has everything Brink was supposed to have and comes with a $15 price tag. I find myself getting cravings to play it, which is rare with FPS's these days. The gameplay is intense and very easy to get wrapped up in, especially completing objectives alongside squadmates on Conquest. Which beings me to my only major complaint, but I suppose it's true of most games in this ganre; the amount of people playing on any given server that actually want to capture the objectives and operate as a team will vary wildly. Sometimes you get stuck with a team full of losers that think they can go it alone and rack up kills like they're playing CoD. Fortunately, S8:P doesn't encourage that. Think Unreal 2K4 combined with BF:2142. An awesome experience that I wish had a larger fanbase filling servers. I don't want to see this game die. Expand
  3. May 10, 2011
    Extremely fast-paced multiplayer. Entertaining campaign. Graphics are UT3 era-ish (no surprise seeing as it uses the UT game engine), but still quite acceptable. Doesn't really bring much new to the FPS genre, but what it does bring it does well. I like the purchasing options during the game so no one can become too over powering right off the bat. Plus if you want the good stuff, youExtremely fast-paced multiplayer. Entertaining campaign. Graphics are UT3 era-ish (no surprise seeing as it uses the UT game engine), but still quite acceptable. Doesn't really bring much new to the FPS genre, but what it does bring it does well. I like the purchasing options during the game so no one can become too over powering right off the bat. Plus if you want the good stuff, you need to get and stay involved in the fight to earn money for upgrade purchases. Decent weapons load options too. Wish the weapons sounds had a little more "oomph" to them, but not that big of a deal. And for $15 bucks?? It's a slam-dunk deal. Expand
  4. May 4, 2011
    Section 8 looks good, plays great and basically feels awesome. This game doesn't look like other shooters, even though it uses good old UE3 for its graphics, the picture doesn't look dark and grim like most other shooters today. The colors are bright, there are no long dark corridors that make all locations look the same. The other big reason to like this game is the way it presents itSection 8 looks good, plays great and basically feels awesome. This game doesn't look like other shooters, even though it uses good old UE3 for its graphics, the picture doesn't look dark and grim like most other shooters today. The colors are bright, there are no long dark corridors that make all locations look the same. The other big reason to like this game is the way it presents it self. In Section 8 you are playing as a some sort of space marine who can fly using a jet pack while shooting enemies with a futuristic weapon. Simply badass! It doesn't only look great, it makes the gameplay seem different from other games, making the overall experience very entertaining. Expand
  5. May 4, 2011
    I must say, I'm pretty impressed with Section 8: Prejudice. I spent about 3 hours this evening playing the conquest mode with only one hiccup, but that was Comcast's fault. I really like that there doesn't seem to be even a single worthless weapon, and that even starting out fresh at level 1, if you're a more skilled player than someone else, you will kill them regardless of whatI must say, I'm pretty impressed with Section 8: Prejudice. I spent about 3 hours this evening playing the conquest mode with only one hiccup, but that was Comcast's fault. I really like that there doesn't seem to be even a single worthless weapon, and that even starting out fresh at level 1, if you're a more skilled player than someone else, you will kill them regardless of what equipment they've unlocked. It's always bothered me that FPS games as of late have all prescribed to the "find or unlock the biggest insta-kill weapon with the least accuracy requirement and spam it" methodology to firefights, and I'm very pleased that this game does not do that. It rewards teamwork, strategy, and creative deployable/orbit drop placement. The lock-on feature, while present, is not overdone or overpowered, as you can only lock on to a person for a very short period of time, and there is a cooldown between uses of the lock-on feature, and you cannot be killed by hit-scan weapons (from a single person) during the amount of time that the lock-on actually holds. Sniper rifles, rockets, etc which actually have a travel time will miss even while locked on if the person is actively trying to evade your weapons fire. Vehicles and the mechs are very tough to take out on foot, but since absolutely anyone can drop deployable turrets, they can easily be brought under control.
    The environments and characters are pretty, but not overdone, and it seems Timegate actually figured out that a good game is good because its easy to pick up, fun to play, and hard to be great at. There was one minor issue I did find with clipping while crouching, where sometimes (not very often) if you're in extremely jagged terrain you will get "stuck", though all you have to do to free yourself is stand up and move. All in all, if you like FPS games where actual skill matters more than what weapons you have and you enjoy a good firefight where target priority and tactics are important, you wont regret buying this (unless you don't understand system requirements and have an underpowered machine, and that is your fault, not the game's)
  6. May 6, 2011
    Simply put, if you like team based online multiplayer, stop reading this and buy the game. The multiplayer conquest mode is unbelivably fun. Its a breath of fresh air after the repeditive die/spawn mechanics of CoD and BC2. The fact that the game only costs 15 dollars is a steal.

If you are only looking for a singleplayer campaign however, you should probably look elsewhere. Prejudice's singleplayer isnt bad at all, but its not great either. Cliche story with serviceable level design. lasts a decent length though. Buy this game for its online multiplayer, and have a freakin blast. It really is that fun.
  7. May 7, 2011
    If this were a full priced game it would only be deserving of a 7/10 due to the lack of stimulation provided in the single player campaign, this is however, its only weakness.
    If you're a fan of online FPS, if you're a fan of team based multiplayer, if you're a fan of class based combat and if you're a fan of adrenaline inducing drop insertions into the planet's atmosphere and crushing the enemy beneath your feet all whilst avoiding anti air turret fire *deep breath* then it's safe to say that you'll be a fan of this game.
  8. May 15, 2011
    Fun, different, easy to pick up, cheap, and well designed. This game is fun to play, and has a fun and interactive multiplayer experience that offers hours on hours of game time.
  9. May 7, 2011
    This game gets a 100% purchase recommendation from me. I got one for me, and one for my son. Well done TimeGate Studios for making one of the best 'bang for buck' fps games around.
  10. May 16, 2011
    Were to start.... Well lets begin with this, The game is worth checking out for sci-fi shooter and is plenty of fun. the campaign is nothing new so far and there are only 3 online game modes. swarm is the best for me. basicly you and up to 3 other players guard one base against tons of enemies. the other modes are about the same. these are assult and conquest. Assult you either get all theWere to start.... Well lets begin with this, The game is worth checking out for sci-fi shooter and is plenty of fun. the campaign is nothing new so far and there are only 3 online game modes. swarm is the best for me. basicly you and up to 3 other players guard one base against tons of enemies. the other modes are about the same. these are assult and conquest. Assult you either get all the bases or none. and you either guard or attack. the mode isnt too bad and can add a bit of variety to the crowded FPS genre. Then conquest is all the bases are neutral and you need to capture then. the problem? you always get stuck on the loosing side and its very difficult starting off... I have many problems with other players who are higher level. they a near impossible to kill without cheap tricks. anyway besides that they are adding more modes so Thats nice... Finally its time to talk about Character customization. Its great. you get 2 weapons of your choice from the basic pistol to rocket launcher,but thats not it, you then choose the ammo the effect shield or health more or medium damage. Then you get 2 items like mortars to healing tools. then armor and finaaly getting to add points to different perks. Overall you can create a character for just about any situation. So overall the game is great, but has little variety for now. Still great way to spend $15 Expand
  11. May 12, 2011
    The price is definitely a positive, but the gameplay should be why you bought it. The story lasts a good 4 hours, and the multiplayer is infinitely replayable. In conquest, you fight to control command points. The longer you hold them, and the more of them you hold, the more points you get. Swarm is a co-op mission for up to 4 people to protect a control point from swarms of AI bots.The price is definitely a positive, but the gameplay should be why you bought it. The story lasts a good 4 hours, and the multiplayer is infinitely replayable. In conquest, you fight to control command points. The longer you hold them, and the more of them you hold, the more points you get. Swarm is a co-op mission for up to 4 people to protect a control point from swarms of AI bots. Assault is where one team plays offense and the other plays defense, and they try to get the quickest time to get all of the control points.

My one big beef with Section 8 prejudice, is how easily your team can be dominated if they're outsmarted.
  12. Jun 22, 2012
    An all-round great FPS game. Futuristic Hi Tech Soldier is the theme of this FPS. Customization of armor and weapons allow you to fight on your own style FPS (Stealth, Sniper, Anti-Vehicle, etc.) Good Coops mode. Great single player mode, despite of lacking in map variety. Great animation and environment effect (Knife execution, Recovering Shield, Snow Storm etc.) Overall: Great game to have.
  13. May 4, 2011
    Considering the price, this game is a lot of fun. I got the first section 8 last year and my only negative was that no one played it. Being jettisoned out of a dropship every respawn never seems to get old, and with the dynamic missions and how hectic battles can get no two matches are the same. I also like the variety available for different playstyles, with the different customizationConsidering the price, this game is a lot of fun. I got the first section 8 last year and my only negative was that no one played it. Being jettisoned out of a dropship every respawn never seems to get old, and with the dynamic missions and how hectic battles can get no two matches are the same. I also like the variety available for different playstyles, with the different customization options for loadouts and various ways you can spend the in match currency (turrets, giant mechs, supply depots, etc). I would add that you shouldn't buy this game just for the singleplayer, as although it is improved over the first game it is nowhere near as entertaining as the multiplayer. Expand
  14. May 5, 2011
    Honestly, what can you say that's bad about this game? If you want a solid FPS multiplayer experience, that's what this thing was made for. $15 at release to boot? C'mon, that's amazing in this day and age. Anyone who is giving this game lower than 8 (no pun intended) either didn't read the system specs for it (you know who you are) or didn't know what they were buying. Honestly, it'sHonestly, what can you say that's bad about this game? If you want a solid FPS multiplayer experience, that's what this thing was made for. $15 at release to boot? C'mon, that's amazing in this day and age. Anyone who is giving this game lower than 8 (no pun intended) either didn't read the system specs for it (you know who you are) or didn't know what they were buying. Honestly, it's going to be huge, hectic, and you might be a bit confused if this is your first FPS multi with 32 ppl a server. It's a lot to take in, but for crying out loud this is a steal at $15 when so many games out there today are $50 - $60 with not much more going on for it than what S8:P is offering. Seriously. Me and 4 of my buddies can form a squad on a multiplayer server, hop on vent, and have a great time for a couple of hours. Oh, I did think of one thing bad to say about it, though I think that's not really it's fault: It's another GFWL. So, if you ain't a fan of that, more of the same with this. But otherwise, that's a UI issue that wasn't really the Dev team's choice, so I can't fault them for that. Graphics = 10, Sound = 10, Gameplay = 10, UI = 9, PRICE = 11, so Overall = 10! Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2011
    I bought the game a steam sale with the cl for about five bucks, and it was TOTALLY worth that and more. The single player is pretty average, with no real innovation in the story, but the actual gameplay is INCREDIBLY fun. You can change and upgrade your various weapons and armor, and create your own tactical style that works for you. Lots of great multiplayer options, and al this for aI bought the game a steam sale with the cl for about five bucks, and it was TOTALLY worth that and more. The single player is pretty average, with no real innovation in the story, but the actual gameplay is INCREDIBLY fun. You can change and upgrade your various weapons and armor, and create your own tactical style that works for you. Lots of great multiplayer options, and al this for a quarter of the price of a full game. It is worth may more then they're charging, and is definelty a 10 for the value. Expand
  16. Aug 22, 2011
    Section 8: Prejudice is serious business. You'll easily have tons and hours of fun in multiplayer games. The 'drop in' system is great, it gives you an opportunity to play the game very tactically and is well designed. They also have a great selection on weapons, way more than I expected, every weapon possesses a potential ammo power, it powers up the specified weapon. However, it alsoSection 8: Prejudice is serious business. You'll easily have tons and hours of fun in multiplayer games. The 'drop in' system is great, it gives you an opportunity to play the game very tactically and is well designed. They also have a great selection on weapons, way more than I expected, every weapon possesses a potential ammo power, it powers up the specified weapon. However, it also powers it down in stats as well in return for the bonus (i.e, less AOE damage, in return for: damages enemy with fire over time). It is also well designed and consists in many attributes, just a bit too original. The maps in this game are also quite cool, they all have great places to spawn your turrets. Most of the maps are very small though, the design is unique. There are very, very few bad things with this game.. the only noticeable issue is the team balance, there practically is none, the games tend to be very hectic due to this. For $14.99 you simply cannot go wrong with Section 8: Prejudice. Expand
  17. Feb 27, 2013
    a solid campaign. fun multiplayer and wave mode. not much to dislike it was fun. got it on a steam sale so i feel that i ripped off this the people who made it. worth more than 5 dollars. go buy it... why the hell not?
  18. Aug 27, 2011
    This will go down as a very under rated game and I HATE THAT! This game is VERY WELL POLISHED...it seriously could have sold for 50 bucks or more easily. The gameplay is fun, there is nothing really to overpowered - yes you hear some crybabies, but it's usually because they don't bother to learn how to play the game - it requires THINKING zomg oh noes. We have a solid group of about 14This will go down as a very under rated game and I HATE THAT! This game is VERY WELL POLISHED...it seriously could have sold for 50 bucks or more easily. The gameplay is fun, there is nothing really to overpowered - yes you hear some crybabies, but it's usually because they don't bother to learn how to play the game - it requires THINKING zomg oh noes. We have a solid group of about 14 clan mates from another game playing this...we really hope this stays alive at least for a solid year. It truly satisfies an itch that CoD and BF can't...I like those games also...but this just adds to the FPS genre. Give it a few hours - if I'm on am usually trying to help the new guys out. Expand
  19. Aug 18, 2011
    For a 5$ game, I can not ask more. While the singleplayer campaign is bland, it delivers it's purpose as a tutorial mode for the multiplayer, where interesting and fun stuffs come from.
  20. Jun 8, 2011
    Writing this review in hopes of more people joining the community! THE GOOD:+ sci-fi setting. Graphics looks really cool (Unreal 3 engine). Some very interesting sci-fi ideas: spawn=dropping from orbit, jet-pack, over-drive sprint, buying turrets and sensors to control the battlefield, mechs, tanks, etc. + tactical teamwork. Just being able to shoot and kill will not win games. Need toWriting this review in hopes of more people joining the community! THE GOOD:+ sci-fi setting. Graphics looks really cool (Unreal 3 engine). Some very interesting sci-fi ideas: spawn=dropping from orbit, jet-pack, over-drive sprint, buying turrets and sensors to control the battlefield, mechs, tanks, etc. + tactical teamwork. Just being able to shoot and kill will not win games. Need to seriously think about cooperation, arrange spending, and counter the enemy's strength. + offline and bots. Every map and game mode is playable with decent bots offline and LAN. Single Player campaign is "Meh", but it keeps you busy for few hours and serves as a tutorial for the game's basic mechanics. Finishing the story also unlocks a new armor. + customization/specialization. 7 kinds of basic weapons and other accessories, each with variants of different attributes for diverse playing style. Through careful choice of these equipment, and the upgrade points system, you can play as a two shot kill sniper, or repair specialist facilitating others. + price, $15 = Call of Duty 4 on sale at 50% off! THE BAD:- weapon imbalance. It's always an issue for new games, especially with so many choices. Developers are listening to the community for feedback. - uses GfWL, I've had no problem myself, but heard it can be buggy. - small community. Unbelievably small group of players for such a good game. ~2-3 servers with good number of people at night for the Conquest Mode. (Which is exactly why we need more players!!! Try it!!!) - a number of bugs. Some fixed by latest patch, others are being worked on according to developers. - newcomers lose a lot at first. New players won't have access to all weapon choices, which are unlocked with more play. Understanding how to make choices on equipment, and how to finish random missions will be confusing at first. So yeah the game is not perfect, but TimeGate is hard at work to improve it. And even as it is right now, it's well worth its price. WE NEED MORE PLAYERS! Expand
  21. Jun 18, 2011
    very nice game considering it is only $15, a really entertaining campaign, really fun coop, and awesome multiplayer conquest and assault game types which unlockables and achievments. Sad to say not long after its release there has been a MASSIVE drop in players which is really disappointing if your looking to play conquest or assault.... you can still get a good game of coop.
  22. Jun 18, 2011
    Great fun, fast paced sci-fi shooter. It looks fantastic and feels very responsive. The single player campaign is fairly standard but the multiplayer modes are great. Well worth the $15.
  23. Feb 13, 2016
    fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfiller
  24. Aug 17, 2011
    I played the original section 8 and I was extremely disappointed. The movement the game play, I mean almost everything. Then I saw section 8 prejudice and read how they fixed some things. I was thinking they need alot more fixed then just SOMEthings. After buying it on sale I was blown away. The amount of content you get for this game for that price is amazing. Ive been playing the singleI played the original section 8 and I was extremely disappointed. The movement the game play, I mean almost everything. Then I saw section 8 prejudice and read how they fixed some things. I was thinking they need alot more fixed then just SOMEthings. After buying it on sale I was blown away. The amount of content you get for this game for that price is amazing. Ive been playing the single player campaign and Ive been impressed. The game play is that of unreal tournament and tribes put together. The weapons and deployables all great and you wont be disappointed by AI. The game modes are alot of fun too, especially swarm in which you and 3 other players are to defend a sector at all costs from invaders, with a bunch of side missions during it. The game delivered and if your an action fps fan then do not hesitate. Another thing is not to trust game review sites such as IGN. They gave this game a low score because it doesnt have the flash of Call of duty or other generic shooters out there and in turn section 8 prej delivered alot more content then it ever did. The only reason I didnt give this game a 10 is because of GFWL. Once again they like to make inconvenient for pc players to have to sign in, activate the product with them just so they can make us believe its for "security"..right. Any way, Section 8 prejudice: Excellent buy Expand
  25. Feb 5, 2012
    The first time I saw this game, I thought, it won't be it... However, since it seems a fair price, I thought it never could hurt to try. In the end, I'm very, very happy that I have bought this game. If you force AA through CCC (or any other program) the game looks astonishing. High detail, nice models/environments and good AI! For a budget game, the developers released a solid and stableThe first time I saw this game, I thought, it won't be it... However, since it seems a fair price, I thought it never could hurt to try. In the end, I'm very, very happy that I have bought this game. If you force AA through CCC (or any other program) the game looks astonishing. High detail, nice models/environments and good AI! For a budget game, the developers released a solid and stable game, capable to provide hours of fun, both single player and multiplayer! Expand
  26. Feb 11, 2012
    jogo muito bom e barato, pode concorrer com mw3 mas custa apenas 15 dólares, jogabilidade ótima, apenas 15 dólares, da para jogar com bots e entrar em servidores que caso falte algun jogador um boot ocupa o lugar dele, o único problema é a games for windows live que é um lixo, que é sójogo muito bom e barato, pode concorrer com mw3 mas custa apenas 15 dólares, jogabilidade ótima, apenas 15 dólares, da para jogar com bots e entrar em servidores que caso falte algun jogador um boot ocupa o lugar dele, o único problema é a games for windows live que é um lixo, que é só por isso que não dei 10 de nota ao jogo Expand
  27. Jul 2, 2012
    My favorite shooter of all time! The game may have a bad single player, but that's because it was made for multiplayer. The spawning is unique to any game since you're just fired out of a ship in orbit ( air brakes optional : D ). The Class feature is VERY specific. My favorite build is where I just run around and run THROUGH people to kill them, but you can just mix and match until youMy favorite shooter of all time! The game may have a bad single player, but that's because it was made for multiplayer. The spawning is unique to any game since you're just fired out of a ship in orbit ( air brakes optional : D ). The Class feature is VERY specific. My favorite build is where I just run around and run THROUGH people to kill them, but you can just mix and match until you get a build that fits you. Unfortunately for some people, strategy is needed to play this game though which makes this game challenging and overall AWESOME! Expand
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    I own the PC version of this game, and i really didn't expect much from this game but i got it anyways because it was $3 on a Daily Steam sale. It is now one of my favorite games to play online. Online is well balanced and addicting, and has a good verity of game modes. Camping is fun, but short and pretty average as the story is boring but the Multiplayer is worth the $15 alone. Get thisI own the PC version of this game, and i really didn't expect much from this game but i got it anyways because it was $3 on a Daily Steam sale. It is now one of my favorite games to play online. Online is well balanced and addicting, and has a good verity of game modes. Camping is fun, but short and pretty average as the story is boring but the Multiplayer is worth the $15 alone. Get this game, you wont regret it. Expand
  29. Aug 28, 2016
    Once you're able to look past the minor balancing issues and slightly cliche campaign, you'll be able to see S8:P for what it is at its core - a fun, replayable sci-fi FPS that's an absolute bargain for what it's priced at. The multiplayer is easily this game's forte, and the DCM's (dynamic combat missions) combined with fun, challenging AI will keep you coming back for more. EverythingOnce you're able to look past the minor balancing issues and slightly cliche campaign, you'll be able to see S8:P for what it is at its core - a fun, replayable sci-fi FPS that's an absolute bargain for what it's priced at. The multiplayer is easily this game's forte, and the DCM's (dynamic combat missions) combined with fun, challenging AI will keep you coming back for more. Everything from skill-based unlocks to the expansive orbital drop inventory is a joy to power through. I highly recommend this game, online PvP or not. Expand

1. PC Format
    Jul 12, 2011
    A budget game that delivers a budget experience. [Aug 2011, p.102]
  2. PC Games (Russia)
    Jun 24, 2011
    The single player campaign is solid, but it's multiplayer that makes every cent of this $15-game worth. [July 2011, p.114]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 23, 2011
    Pure multiplayer action game. Low budget doesn't mean less fun if you're not looking for any added value. [June 2011]