7.0

1. Jul 26, 2011
    I know a lot of work goes into making games but I found little in Section 8 that I liked, it has some good ideas but the execution left a lot to be desired. I got bored and irritated by the second or third mission.
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    Oh but i like the way they drop tanks.IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZORS!!!!
  3. Dec 22, 2011
    A game that copy's alot from other sci-fi FPS games. It does have some interesting new elements such as being able to choose where to spawn. But in multiplayer this generally 'unfocuses' your team and since the multiplayer is team objective based this results in a sub par multiplayer experience. Graphics are pretty nice, as is sound effects. But nothing spectacular here. The single player is very short and since there are no multiplayer servers bot-play is really the only thing you will be doing after the campaign. 6/10 Expand
  4. Aug 22, 2012
    ONLY because it has GFWL..... It's the only way to ruin any possible game. Just add Games for Windows Live and you have a useless interface that prevents you from playing.
  5. May 4, 2011
    In my opinion, a shooter is a shooter. The only thing new a game can bring to the table these days is story and/or graphics... or so I thought. I disagree with the bashing of this game that so many others give so easily. I for one am sick and tired of the run-of-the-mill shooters that are out there. This game contains great science-fiction scenery and equipment, unique spawning, great visuals, and solid game play. These days the game only costs $10 brand new. How can you not justify a cost like that when much more generic shooters out there with no innovation whatsoever carry a $50-$70 price tag?? This game is balanced, unique, and rock-solid. Don't listen to the moronic CoD fan-boys out there who bash games for not being CoD. Every complaint I've ever heard about this game relates somehow back to the fact that this game doesn't work just like every other FPS. "GOOD" I say! "GREAT" even! Give me 100 more like this game before one more Call of Duty, Soldier of Fortune, Sniper Ghost Warrior, Turning Point, Turok, etc., etc., etc., Expand
  6. Nov 21, 2010
    Section 8 was a good game that had a short campaign but the Multi-player made up for it.
    Has great graphics, excellent Multi-player that highly encourages you to work together with your buddy's to achieve the objective, but the short and kinda boring single-player campaign makes this a 9 out of 10.

1. This is what Battlefield 2142 should have been. [Dec 2009, p.52]
  2. Section 8 is a fairly traditional FPS, featuring a couple of interesting points (the launch phase and device management). The story mode is too short, only eight missions, while the online multiplayer mode seems to be fun, with forty players and eighteen maps. Definitely not the best FPS around.
  3. Section 8 is a fun game and immediate. Do not expect anything more. If we want to chase enemies and shoot carelessly is an excellent title for a few hours. Then the boredom and repetitiveness will force us to abandon this title.