Serious Sam 3: BFE PC

8.2

1. Aug 6, 2012
    It ain't the most complicated and nuanced game ever created that's for sure. Nevertheless you can sum up Serious Sam III in one word. FUN. Many games can be clever, engrossing and have amazing attention to detail but they aren't exactly fun. Sam on the other hand, delivers fun by the bucketload! Play it.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    It's definitely Serious Sam. I agree with Scrublord's comment. This game is just fun, and action packed to the max. If you're expecting a good story.... LOL It's SS.
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    This game is a refreshing break from the scripted linear narrow corridor modern FPSes. The levels are huge and labyrinthic; the monsters plentiful and varied -- each with a weakness towards a specific weapon, allowing you to strategically swap weapons for the most optimal attack.

The game options are in-depth, especially the graphics options. This is most definitely not a lame console-port as is common with today's big-publisher rushed copypasta. Definitely worth getting in the Steam Summer Sale! Grab this if you haven't yet. This game is not for newbies who want a rails shooter to hand-hold them throughout, which is what the official critics seem to need.
  4. cpa
    Nov 22, 2011
    Loving this game so far, but damn I'm having a hard time finding the secrets. New melee moves are fantastic and the iron sites/aiming, contrary to expectations, are well implemented and do not take away the fun. In fact, many times it would be hazardous to Sam's health to using the sites. Much better to run and gun.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is a welcome break from his year's overhyped releases that failed to deliver. It is all I was hoping it will be and more. Just pure trigger-happy fun! If you liked the previous games in this franchise or Painkiller then that it is the dream come true. If you are more into RPG style or moremodern combat style then please don't waste your money just to leave bad review later. ThisThis game is a welcome break from his year's overhyped releases that failed to deliver. It is all I was hoping it will be and more. Just pure trigger-happy fun! If you liked the previous games in this franchise or Painkiller then that it is the dream come true. If you are more into RPG style or moremodern combat style then please don't waste your money just to leave bad review later. This game is well polished, has perfect controls, a load of weapons and mirriadof enemies to try the arsenal on. I stopped only to brine my turkey and get another cold one and will be going right back into the game to shoot Mental's scum! It is the best Thanksgiving ever! Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    This is Serious Sam at its finest and it does it with style. This game would serve very well as a good entry point for people new to the genre/series. Never has mashing monsters in the face with a sledgehammer been so fun!
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    Croteam knows exactly what their audience wants. Huge environments, truckloads of different and unique enemies to shoot and most importantly tight controls and a fast pace. The new additions to the formula are great and the sound and visuals are better than ever. Highly recommended to any Serious PC shooter fan.
  8. Nov 25, 2011
    This is a furious shooter in whitch gameplay comes first. These days there is no alternative. If you want a cool shooting experience without all of the **** the modern shooters come with this is your game. It simply put way to much FUN to pass! Buy it!
  9. Nov 26, 2011
    OMG its amazing! Simply the best 100% pure f**n shooter since Doom3. And Serious Engine 3 is pretty cool too, especially gore and open environment looks very impressive. The only thing bad in this game is 3 multilayer maps! What were they thinking?? (AVGN voice) Deathmatch is really has oldschool, quake style, like to play it, wish they add more in closer future.
    And metascore also is
    And metascore also is strange, dont look at it, just look at userscore, like COD MW3: which had 2 userscore vs 83 mc
  10. Jun 19, 2012
    This game is awesome, and there are many reasons. The game takes what worked in the previous 2 games, amplified, fixed and in addition added different situations and "bit" more emphasis on the "adventure" part. Translation: we even get a bit of plot! First of all, the weapons: there are many and, unlike what I saw in the previous games, now most of the weapons are actually very different:This game is awesome, and there are many reasons. The game takes what worked in the previous 2 games, amplified, fixed and in addition added different situations and "bit" more emphasis on the "adventure" part. Translation: we even get a bit of plot! First of all, the weapons: there are many and, unlike what I saw in the previous games, now most of the weapons are actually very different: the best example to me was the rifle (with 40 rounds magazine) and the minigun (no recharging), since they were basically the same thing before (they even used the same ammunition), but now they have different ammunitions and just work differently. Even the melee weapons (the sledge hammer) is a good tactical weapon now! So in this regard, the weapons are extremely good, varied, and add more tactical situations. Next is the gameplay, which I was surprised: I noticed many type of situations and not just linear levels like the previous ones. Yes, it's still linear, but I liked how they tried to change the areas by adding few details (like avoiding chainguns, collecting items, and escaping from a "flying" enemy. And yes, there were similar zones in the previous games too, but in here I found it more varied. Again. Third point, is the enemies: Wow, I liked how many are kinda fresh (like the Khnum), and how can you kill some of them: you can kill them in many ways and, strangely, other tactics will actually work! Seeing Kleers coming? Grab the hammer and smack their bones! The rocketeer is wasting tons of your rockets? Weaken him and grab his head! Those bulls are giving you a hard time? Use the mutilator and cut their heads off! Those giants red mechs are so annoying...attach a C4 on their body and goodbye problems! While in the predecessors the killing was basically the same, with rare exceptions, in here any tactic can almost work! That's, again, variation! With all of this said, I have mainly 3 big flaws on this game that, unfortunately, it's present from the previous games too: the gameplay is varied, yes, but the levels aren't: the theme is the same. FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. I understand this game is connected to egypt (I bet it's because of the plot, but I never followed the entire plot of the series), but I really couldn't stand how the levels were basically on the same setting: pyramids, egyptian ruins, egyptian streets, ruins of egyptians civilisation...It's probably unfair, yes, but I'd loved more variation on the setting, instead of the same egyptian theme. Also, even though I mentioned a plot, I...kinda didn't get it properly and so...my guess is that the plot is barely noticeable? Still it's good though, since the other games almost had no story...I think? And for the third flaw, the online is barely good. I don't care much about online gaming if the single player is fun (which it is), but I barely find people playing online and that's sad because it's always a good way to spend some time, eventually. With that said, this game is still awesome: to me this is how new generation shooters should be: fun to play, varied, with some weird and ironic dialogues and have a good combination of old and new school fps. In other words, this is how a FPS should change! Expand
  11. Nov 24, 2011
    A True PC Shooter, its been a long time
    Masterpiece, nothing more, nothing less, this is what all hardcore PC games that loved the likes of Doom and Quake should buy instantly, support this game, we need more classic PC shooters like this and less console shooters like Bad Company 3 and Call of Duty 14.
    A True PC Shooter, its been a long time

Ignore all the reviews from Official sites like IGN, they have no idea what they are talking about, a bunch of casuals, all of them
  12. Nov 23, 2011
    serious sam is serious, and he comes very serious. Very sick game, if you play this game, you can't leave the pc. The game is very, VERY fun, it comes an hord of enemies that you need to kill it, and thats i call FUN.
    The graphics and very nice, and sound too, with the aiming system is very better to shoot, and a lot of new guns that you can use.
    Buy this game, offers much fun and action
    Buy this game, offers much fun and action than mw3/bf3.
    Yea, Sam is SERIOUS.
  13. Dec 9, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 successfully delivers the old-school FPS action, combined with the new modern elements. DNF tried to do the same, but while it failed, SS3 did it with success. It has a really fast and entertaining gameplay (its just so much fun to shoot all the enemies with the different weapons), with tons of weapons, beautiful graphics, cool comments from sam, funny moments like [spoiler]Serious Sam 3 successfully delivers the old-school FPS action, combined with the new modern elements. DNF tried to do the same, but while it failed, SS3 did it with success. It has a really fast and entertaining gameplay (its just so much fun to shoot all the enemies with the different weapons), with tons of weapons, beautiful graphics, cool comments from sam, funny moments like [spoiler] the tentacle who attached itself to a helicopter [/spoiler] , and with COOP mode! Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2011
    Just released I could not resist! I was very confident and ... expectations were not disappointed! This game is S-T-R-E-P-I-T-O-S-O! 1) Freedom of action incredible, skyscrapers and condominiums explorable in all their plans (to lost) 2) Hundreds of secrets 3) Humour in Serious 4) Difficult 5) Gameplay Awesome! 6) Open space incredible 7) Graphics GREAT! Want more?? This game is a must andJust released I could not resist! I was very confident and ... expectations were not disappointed! This game is S-T-R-E-P-I-T-O-S-O! 1) Freedom of action incredible, skyscrapers and condominiums explorable in all their plans (to lost) 2) Hundreds of secrets 3) Humour in Serious 4) Difficult 5) Gameplay Awesome! 6) Open space incredible 7) Graphics GREAT! Want more?? This game is a must and once again shows that the consoles have only to learn and that the best games, the real Triple A games are making by software houses serious and passionate and not attached to hard cash. With this title and next on everyone's lips, we can safely say that the PC platform still eat ahead of all others, no ifs, ands or buts! TO HAVE! Very recommended! Expand
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    this game perfect and much better than duke nukem forever.i have been waiting this game one year and now this is released. i like graphics,blood and classic enemies.this game is one of waited game
  16. Nov 26, 2011
    It's classic Sam at it's best. Before you believe the low reviews that say it's changed, they only played the first level and didn't look at the options. All the new stuff like view blob, sprint, iron sights, reticules and other modern stuff can be turned off in the options. Every level past the first one has huge open spaces and bad ass bosses. Serious Sam 3 is serious.
  17. Nov 26, 2011
    This game is as much of a blast as the other games, but I found the addition of RELOADING to be very annoying, at least during the early levels of the game. Once you get down the road a bit, the pump shotgun, the pistol, and the assault rifle kind of become obsolete. The devastator still has to be reloaded, but it's got a 20-shell clip. I welcome sprinting with open arms. It lets youThis game is as much of a blast as the other games, but I found the addition of RELOADING to be very annoying, at least during the early levels of the game. Once you get down the road a bit, the pump shotgun, the pistol, and the assault rifle kind of become obsolete. The devastator still has to be reloaded, but it's got a 20-shell clip. I welcome sprinting with open arms. It lets you traverse the massive landscapes much quicker. People need to get over themselves regarding these new gameplay additions. I'm tired of people screaming the term "CoDified" and whatnot. This game is HARDLY like CoD. Just because it has iron sights on TWO guns doesn't mean it's trying to be like CoD.

Anyway, the humor is toned down quite a bit, at least compared to SS2. That's not to say it's not funny though. I found the crappy dialog and the poor choreography to be brilliantly done, which sounds really contradicting, but that's exactly why I find it hilarious. It's like a parody of itself. It's different from Croteam's usual formula, but I think it's that way on purpose.

Anyway, not much else to say. It plays and feels like the other Sam games. I guess the optimization for low-end systems could be a little bit better. I basically run it maxed out on a dated machine because I'm a graphics glutton, but it runs ok in single player. I have to put it on low settings when I play online though, otherwise it lags too much. I still get some stuttering though. Hopefully Croteam will release a patch or two that includes some performance fixes.
  18. Jan 5, 2012
    Great game old school but in a good way get it ****
  19. Nov 26, 2011
    Alright, I'm editing my own review since there is some misunderstanding with people.
    The first 3 or 4 levels of SS3 is just a parody of the current FPS gen. It's slow, doesn't have many enemies and just feels **** dumb. After that, it goes back to being the same old Serious Sam, and it's **** amazing.

Iron Sights, Reload, Sprint, Brown and Bloom and everything else that people view as negative can be turned off or changed to something else.

Why review a game that you haven't played for more than 20 minutes?
  20. Dec 7, 2011
    An excellent game that uses diverse and deadly enemies and excellent weapons to make its hordes both a genuine challenge to survive and immense fun to kill. It's backed up by fantastic, destroyed eye candy, a gorgeous soundtrack that puts you in the heat of battle, and damn fine co-op.
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    Pure awesomeness. No need for anything else. It is one of the coolest and action pumped games of the year! If you are thinking 'should I buy it' the answer is 'HELL YEAH!'.
  22. Nov 24, 2011
    Only two critic reviews so far? Seriously? This to me is pretty firm evidence that game review sites are nothing more than puppies being fed dollar signs by so-called "big buck" game publishers to deliver on a perpetual basis unrealistically hyped-up and base-less reviews of games which are so thought-less and pathetic that they would not be able to sell on their own otherwise. Serious SamOnly two critic reviews so far? Seriously? This to me is pretty firm evidence that game review sites are nothing more than puppies being fed dollar signs by so-called "big buck" game publishers to deliver on a perpetual basis unrealistically hyped-up and base-less reviews of games which are so thought-less and pathetic that they would not be able to sell on their own otherwise. Serious Sam 3 has got to be one of the best games of the year and Croteam deserves so much more than this. This is GOTY content we are looking at. Two very big thumbs up to Croteam for having the nerve to stick to the true, solid and proven roots of classic first person shooting in an era where everyone else is trying to make their games more "realistic" and more "story" and "character" driven. Croteam has delivered to us a reminder of what the true value of fun in gaming is all about. Serious Sam 3 is fun and this to me is the single most important aspect of any game I wish to play. Sure, it may be seen as being overly simplistic to some... after all, Serious Sam 3 is pretty much a "go from Point-A to Point-B and kill everything in between Point-A and Point-B" type of game. But if it works and you are having one heck of an awesome time then Croteam has succeeded where others have failed. Thank you Croteam for this epic masterpiece. Expand
  23. Nov 26, 2011
    seriously? a 69/100? People are giving revivals of classic shooters such as Duke Nukem Forever and Serious Sam 3: BFE scores they don't deserve. I've never even played earlier versions of these games because I was just a baby when Duke Nukem Forever was announced. But seeing the scores of those games, upsets me. People just don't give games the scores they deserve. So I'm giving this a 11/10.
  24. Jan 3, 2012
    THE GAME IS AWESOME !
    Its like the old Serious Sam series with big maps good graphics and a lot of enemies that will kill you a lot !
    This is the only game who remain classic ! and now its the only clasic game with awesome graphics ! Its a hell of the game i have buy it on the prise of 14 euro and it was worth it! U can play it with a lot of ur friends online and have an awesome time (all
    THE GAME IS AWESOME !
    U can play it with a lot of ur friends online and have an awesome time (all of you not )
    its a fully action game the enemies doesnt spawn behind you or everywhere on the map they have a special place something other games doesnt do in the same type and make the game stupid!
    Serious Sam is a hell of a good game with serious enemies and serious players!
    LETS GET SERIOUS!
  25. Feb 12, 2012
    I almost cried blood when i ended this game, seriously.

FOR ME, it's the best ending i could ask for. It took me by surprise as it is the ending i spect in all hollywood movies. Now i unexpectedly got it in my favourite game...what a combo! This is the perfect game from all times, it is the most brutal and it is the funniest SS of the whole series. Believe it or not, Serious Sam finally
    I almost cried blood when i ended this game, seriously.

Believe it or not, Serious Sam finally got a story. This game is what i was waiting for years.
    Meelee executions in Serious Sam? Greatly accomplished and goes well with the game.
    The missions are well introduced along with the weapons and enemies, you'll discover a lot of new things while you move on.
    Most achievements are quiet easy to unlock but there are some that require you to take more time.
    You'll love the remake of old enemies and you'll also get to know new ones.

I loved the work behind the game: All the music is superb as usual, the light and shadows techniques are from another dimension, cool shaders, cool physics, magnificient graphics...the overall game engine is PERFECT and the best of all is that it has been highly optimized to run on all modern/modest computers.

Thanks Croteam for this piece of art work. I'm a programmer and the Serious Engine is my favourite one since the 1.0 version and i like very much what you've accomplished with it so far. I'm also a big fan of the SS game as many others here. SS3 is what we all wanted for breakfast.

I no longer say "shotgun" when getting into my friend's car. I now say DEVASTATOR!
  26. Dec 30, 2011
    Critics are fools. Ss3 is old school shooter in modern dress. Its saves his perfect spirit, has nice graphic for, and awesome gameplay. For now i shoot 10 for 10 for this great game.
  27. Jan 3, 2012
    I bought about 30 games during the steam sale and this one was the best one by far. None of this storyline or e-z mode crap to deal with. The opposite of a game like RAGE which trolls you for the first 10 mins, in this game you will probably have killed at least 50 enemies by the 10 min mark. FTW - seriously
  28. Nov 23, 2011
    The best Fps 2011!Best Fps Ever!Mega funny,mega bloody!I love this game!
    Its real Serious Sam!Croteam remember,how do it!
    New Serious Sam have nice single player,and traditional serious multi player. Croteam use new Serious Engine 3.5-mega powerful graphic and physic core.
    I real enjoyed this game.
    MUST HAVE!
  29. Dec 7, 2011
    This is a good example of the developer / publisher NOT paying the critics money for reviews (What happens to popular games like MW3) low to average critic rating and HIGH user rating (exact opposite of Payed reviews again for example MW3) This is a really fun and great game and i cannot believe the bad ratings from the critics because they probably didnt get payed for their rating, shameThis is a good example of the developer / publisher NOT paying the critics money for reviews (What happens to popular games like MW3) low to average critic rating and HIGH user rating (exact opposite of Payed reviews again for example MW3) This is a really fun and great game and i cannot believe the bad ratings from the critics because they probably didnt get payed for their rating, shame on them.

10/10 because this is really a great game and the greedy "professional" critics can suck my balls
  30. Apr 29, 2012
    Excellent game for old fps fan. This game plays similar to the old SS only better. Great bosses, great gameplay, sound.

The graphics are very good. This is a very nice engine croteam has built and this has the most graphics configuration options I've ever seen. It's nice because this game was designed for PC, not the other way around. I've read the previous reviews and I've come to

I've read the previous reviews and I've come to the conclusion they just suck, lol. Granted the first 3-4 levels are relatively slow and weapons are limited. Honestly though if your decent at old-school fps normal is really not that difficult. Serious difficulty can be rage inducing.

Needless to say this is a SOLID fps. Very well made. Online is fun too but there's not many people on it.
  31. Nov 22, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 is non-stop action. Games are supposed to be about fun, none of this super serious CoD/BF3 **** Serious Sam 3 gets a 10/10 from me!
  32. Nov 24, 2011
    The game is great!!!! The Serious Engine 3 is amazing engine, it has a LOT OF GRAPHIC OPTIONS, the game has an Official editor, this game has a great optimization, and a LOT OF ACTION!!!!!

CROTEAM DESERVES MY RESPECT!! :):)
  33. May 17, 2012
    I actually feel somewhat guilty for purchasing this game on sale for $10. Had I know it was this good, I would have gladly paid the $40 retail price when the game released. If you are on the fence about buying this, just do it, it's awesome. It is on sale for $10 at Amazon as of this writing.
  34. Dec 25, 2011
    Amazing. This game is a real fps unlike all the cod clones that come out every year. This game is pure action and a perfect ten out of ten. The levels ar long and hard (lol), the enemies are all different and every one needs a new strategy. All the weapons are different and fun to use.
  35. Nov 22, 2011
    What can i say about this game. This is the first FPS in a long time, probably since playing Quake 3 that i have actually properly enjoyed. In a market were FPS is saturated by brown bloom shooters, regenerating health and two weapon carry limits this is a fresh and welcome alternative. I am nowhere near completing the game as the game has only been released 5 and a bit hours, i am 4What can i say about this game. This is the first FPS in a long time, probably since playing Quake 3 that i have actually properly enjoyed. In a market were FPS is saturated by brown bloom shooters, regenerating health and two weapon carry limits this is a fresh and welcome alternative. I am nowhere near completing the game as the game has only been released 5 and a bit hours, i am 4 levels into the single player and i am seriously (get it?!) enjoying it.

The game deserves a 10 on it's own based on the fact that you cannot buy games like this these days. However there are other reasons as to why it deserves such a title. I am playing on PC and it is getting quite old so i can't play on the recommended settings but in comparison with my mate who can the graphics are really good. Not that graphics matter in a game like this, the gameplay is the most important part.

I'll mention the previous games here. There has been an upgrade in the game engine since then (you would like to think there has been in a decade!) and the game has modern aspects but it's very much like the old games which is no bad thing.

If you have played the first games you will know that the single player consists of basically a briefing screen and then the level which you run and gun through until you reach the levels exit then rinse and repeat. Serious Sam 3 has improved on this which pleases me in that you get briefed on the games story as you play via intercom, there are cutscenes and there are LOADS of one liners. In video games i personally find that jokes generally fall flat on there face with the exception of a few titles (like the ones from valve). It's early days for me yet in the game but i've found myself letting out a good number of laughs already. The game has boss fights with health meters, two relics long since removed from the FPS genre. The first boss is just a standard enemy but when you first encounter it, it is treated like a powerful enemy based on your current weapon load out.

The weapons are a bit different from the earlier games. I felt that some of the weapons repeated themselves a lot in the earlier games. This has been remedied but there are still plenty of weapons to use. Fists, Sledgehammer, Pistol (which has unlimited ammo but needs reloaded - in the light of modern shooters that may seem weird but if you played old games like Doom and Blood this should make sense :P), Shotgun, Laser gun, Cannon. There is also a new feature which is an action instakill attack where you can e.g. rip enemies heads off, pull their eyes out and then throw them at enemies. It sounds like a cheap move but it really isn't considering how the game is played.

If you don't know anything about the game then basically the easiest way to describe it is think of a generated environment with hundreds (and i mean hundreds!) of enemies spawning and chasing you. It's a classic FPS game where you kill all the enemies and make your way to the end of the level. There are no objectives, no bombs to be planted, nothing like that. It's literally run and gun, or circle strafe or whatever you prefer.

As for the enemies themselves, they are similar to the early games and they keep the pressure on. There are alien bug like creatures, various other alien life forms (bipedal walking creatures with miniguns for arms - think Doom Spiderdemon) then the humanoids, the basic shotgun wielding enemy and then suicide enemies - you will never become more afraid of the words AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when you look over the hill and see about 50 suicide units which explode on impact running towards you while you have to kill them before they get to you.

For the gamer who has played games like Call of Duty and Battlefield and wants something similar this game may not be for you. I encourage you to give it a chance but FPS like this are fast paced and do not rely on hiding behind walls. They require accurate movement to flank enemies, the ability to work out enemy patterns (when you meet the Kleer you will know what i mean) and the ability to manage your health, among many other things. I will also say, if you were disappointed by Duke Nukem Forever and you wanted to hark back to the good old days of FPS then GET THIS! This is what DNF should have been.

I can't say enough good things about this game, i really recommend you to pick it up, you will not be disappointed!
  36. Nov 23, 2011
    Croteam did an amazing job, veterans of the Serious Sam series will be pleased with the original over-the-top shooter formula and at the same time, there is a lot added to also appeal to those new to the series. Fun, satisfying, skillful game play.
  37. Nov 26, 2011
    The most badass game of the year. It's what a FPS should be in this day and age. **** YEAH SERIOUS SAM 3 BFE, SERIOUSLY, GO PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  38. Nov 22, 2011
    EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A DVD INTO THE SLOT. ITS SERIOUS SAM3 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SAM. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SHOOT DOWN SOME MONSTER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY KILLED MENTAL'S MOST DANGEROUS ARMIES. I CAN. I SAY IT AND IEVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A DVD INTO THE SLOT. ITS SERIOUS SAM3 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SAM. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SHOOT DOWN SOME MONSTER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY KILLED MENTAL'S MOST DANGEROUS ARMIES. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng Expand
  39. Nov 22, 2011
    Truly remarkable game, best 1 in series for sure. It combines all best things from all SS games, adds many awesome features and forges a masterpiece. Simply said COD and BF can suck it.
  40. Nov 22, 2011
    It may not be fair to compare Duke Nukem and Serious Sam, but one of these games delivered everything I saw in its trailer and didn't have to dig around in a urinal.
  41. Nov 22, 2011
    Its awesome.
    Its everything duke nukem forever should have been but wasnt.
    It kicks ass. Its everything you expect, waves of enimies, loads of killing, blood, gore and over the top action.
  42. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is amazing, i am a huge serious sam fan, and this game delivered everything that i was expecting, lots of enemies, amazing graphics, and a bit of wackiness, just as expected. Great Game! Defiantly worth getting!
  43. Nov 22, 2011
    The game is the best "spray n pray" shooter out there, god i love it! It really proves that serious sam still is better than duke nukem and all the other more masculine characters out there
  44. Nov 22, 2011
    im 3 hours in, and i can honestly say this is the most fun playing a game ive had in years. and ive played all the new releases and wow what a breath of fresh air from the 1,000 rehash games this year. pure chaos. sams quotes never get old
  45. Nov 22, 2011
    THIS **** GAME. It's everything a fan could wish for - seriously! I've been playing this **** for 5 hours straight and the only reason I'm quitting is because it's 3AM. If this gets critically panned I'll become unstable.
  46. Nov 22, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 is pure awesome.

Where Duke Nuke'em failed, Serious Sam delivers...

This game has the same spirit and feeling of Serious Sam the 1st Encounter and Serious Sam the 2nd Encounter (forget Serious Sam #2 - it was the Saturday morning cartoon version of SS games). 10/10 - This is the first game in years that I feel was worth the wait.
  47. Nov 22, 2011
    The enemies are ridiculous, the level of violence is unnecessary, AND I BLOODY LOVE IT. I was either laughing my ass off at tearing through a mob of gnaars or scared **** by an unseen horde of kamikazes. The new features like ADS and sprinting keep it fresh while also remaining faithful to the Serious Sam tradition.
  48. Nov 23, 2011
    BAM! I don't always create a Metacritic account to write a 10/10 review but when I do, I do it for FORK PARKER. Make his wife happy, buy this game. In turn I'm sure you'll find we'll ALL be happy.
  49. Nov 23, 2011
    Why this game had so little media attention is beyond me. This game stays true to the old school 'run and gun' style that I loved in the original games and Duke Nukem 3D (looking down the gun scope aside). Definitely a great game for those who stay true to, and love, the chaos and explosions of shooter of the past.
  50. Nov 23, 2011
    I was waiting for it for about 1 year - and its freaking awesome! Pure fun! You can feel the climate of previous Serious Sam games - just go to shop and buy it!
  51. Nov 23, 2011
    Such a breath of fresh air, I wish videos would focus more on fun rather than being serious or realistic. I mean really, MLG? all that stuff is bullshiv, video games are meant to be fun, and that is what this game delivers.
  52. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion Serious Sam 3: BFE is one of the best games in the Serious Sam series. Starting before the events of the First Encounter, Serious Sam 3: BFE will give you the complete picture of what happened before Sam entered the TimeLock device and traveled back in time to ancient Egypt. Beginning the game in half-destroyed modern Cairo you will travel through different environments including modern Karnak, Luxor and finaly you will arrive at Hatshepsut temple where the TimeLock device is located. Serious Sam 3: BFE feels and plays exactly like two previous parts of Serious Sam and if you have played them then you'll feel like home here. There are a little innovations for some weapons such as the need to periodically reload them and the ability to aim-down-the-sights for the pistol and the assault rifle. In Serious Sam 3 you can also sprint like in most modern shooters. Sprinting in Serious Sam 3 is unlimited however you will not be able to shoot while doing so. It's very useful feature when, for example you need take a tactical retreat from a group of Headless Kamikazes that are chasing you. Returning to the campaign, someone might say that Serious Sam 3 is short, but it isn't really short. The campaign has 12 levels and it took me personally about 12 hours to complete it on Easy Difficulty. The are a large variety of enemies in Serious Sam 3 and they are all pretty challenging. I have completed both previous parts on Mental difficulty and while I played Serious Sam 3 on Easy I have died and died a lot. As for the graphics, it may not be Crysis 2, but it's very beautiful, if you plan on playing this game then you should stop from time to time to look around, because there definitely is what to see. Overall I recommend this game to all Serious Sam fans and to all out there who are looking for a good old-school shooter. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  53. Nov 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. !!!Game Chaos!!!! Non stop action!!! Very very GOOD!!! Its awesome!!! 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not see, better game in this year! Expand
  54. Nov 24, 2011
    First game in a long time that feels as fast and fluid as a PC FPS should. Its a great throwback to the golden age of FPS gaming.

Classic Serious Sam gameplay with great graphics and plenty of multiplayer modes.
  55. Nov 24, 2011
    Hold down the trigger, Run backward, Repeat! Long campaign, Awesome graphic, no health generation, NO COVER, lots of enemies, big BOSSES, awesome story, no bug in game, ...! This is a REAL game for ONLY real OLD gamers!! Whoever says this game is boring, just shooting enemies and ... , he/she is not a real gamer!
    It's Serious Sam!! So Bad-Ass!
  56. Nov 24, 2011
    Serious Sam is back and better that ever, there are alot of things added to this game making it more epical, sure story isnt very good but gameplay it self is the main thing in this game. A+
  57. Feb 28, 2013
    Croteam is one of those developers who still knows how to make a fast-placed, old-school and totally funny shooter. I'm very excited by the Serious Sam 3: BFE, 'cause it brings back old good memories of playing games, where you just need to relax and shoot motherf*cking enemies! Especially I'm glad that Croats listened to their fans and cooperate with band Undercode again, 'cause withCroteam is one of those developers who still knows how to make a fast-placed, old-school and totally funny shooter. I'm very excited by the Serious Sam 3: BFE, 'cause it brings back old good memories of playing games, where you just need to relax and shoot motherf*cking enemies! Especially I'm glad that Croats listened to their fans and cooperate with band Undercode again, 'cause with their music Sam is Serious in a full power of this word. Thanks for this awesome game, Croteam, I missed you, guys, and I'm glad you back! Expand
  58. Nov 25, 2011
    Cro team did it again! Beautiful game..graphics are tremendous! game-play is off the charts..forget modern warfare 3 forget battlefield this is the game you want!
  59. Nov 25, 2011
    This is the best SHOOTER of the last years! Pure fun, madness and epic. It feels as if I was sent into the past, in golden age of PC shooters,when the genre of fps was not poisoned by console gayplay. Thank you, Croteam, for this feast of the soul!
  60. Jun 10, 2012
    Simply One of the best games I have ever played.
  61. Nov 26, 2011
    Don't let anybody tell you different, Serious Sam 3: BFE truly delivers on every expectation this fan wanted. Massive hordes? Check. Familiar enemies, and new memorable ones? Check. Difficult? You bet. Serious Sam 3 succeeds in being a throwback to the golden age of shooters as promised. Though it brings some contemporary FPS features such as iron sights, and sprinting, these areDon't let anybody tell you different, Serious Sam 3: BFE truly delivers on every expectation this fan wanted. Massive hordes? Check. Familiar enemies, and new memorable ones? Check. Difficult? You bet. Serious Sam 3 succeeds in being a throwback to the golden age of shooters as promised. Though it brings some contemporary FPS features such as iron sights, and sprinting, these are arguably more acceptable. Make no mistake, Croteam let those be the only contemporary elements, opting to keep the more unacceptable ones such as regenerating health, out of the formula.

The result is an old-school shooter, with a touch of modern spice, but not enough to completely overpower the taste with that stale generic feeling that your standard military FPS games have today. Croteam has created a perfect example of what FPS games should be like in innovation, and game play. Graphically, BFE is one of the most impressive video game visuals of 2011. Even the most hardened system may have trouble running with everything at maximum with the amount of action on screen. These "professional" reviewers who critique the visuals for the game are obviously blind, as the game's textures, and models are some of the best in 2011. In sounds, BFE also stands flawless. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing, once again created by the same composer who did the previous games. The score is fantastic, fitting, memorable. If you like Serious Sam music, you'll love this addition as well.

In closing.. BFE? A masterpiece created by Croteam that definitely deserved to be picked up if you've been longing for an FPS that stays true to what the genre should be like. And to any self-respecting Serious Sam fan out there; this game is for you.
  62. Nov 26, 2011
    I have no idea what these critics are thinking. This game is AMAZING. It's one of those games that comes out and isn't the most popular, but you just can't put it down after you start playing. Coming from Serious Sam 2, this definitely holds up to my expectations, and exceeds them. 16 player co-op looks awesome, I just need to round enough people up to play it. On a technical note, I'mI have no idea what these critics are thinking. This game is AMAZING. It's one of those games that comes out and isn't the most popular, but you just can't put it down after you start playing. Coming from Serious Sam 2, this definitely holds up to my expectations, and exceeds them. 16 player co-op looks awesome, I just need to round enough people up to play it. On a technical note, I'm very impressed by the Serious Engine 3.5. For example, they've managed to do shadows the right way, something that Skyrim couldn't deliver. By this I mean in the foreground of Skyrim, the shadows are distorted and low quality, where on Serious Sam they are sharp and crisp. Well done Croteam! Expand
  63. Nov 26, 2011
    Serious Sam 3: BFE is a really serious game! This game is just fun, and action packed to the max well said GenuineOpinion. I love this game! Thank you Croteam, you are the best and Serious Sam is the best too!
  64. Dec 25, 2011
    Epic old school shooter, with best non-stop gameplay, very good graphics, many fun moments, good coop and great soundtrack. Best FPS of 2011 year, and awesome game. 10/10
  65. Nov 27, 2011
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*BOOM*

Roughly translates to "We all know Serious Sam, we all love his original arcade style shooter, Serious Sam 3 is _exactly_ what it says on the tin. A fast paced, frantic, fun, unique fps experience, that doesn't take itself seriously. If you're looking for an epic, non-linear plot, with realistic weapons, you've come to the wrong place.. If you're looking for an absolute blast of a fps experience, BUY THIS GAME. A genius mix of new and old game mechanics. 10/10."
  66. Nov 27, 2011
    Easy ten from me. The game offers the same as the old titles and something more. Even if some of the new game play changes made are copied from other newer FPS games, they certainly do improve the experience both in single and multiplayer. The game engine is very impressive, it looks and sounds excellent. The multiplayer content seems a bit small at the moment but I'm certain that is aboutEasy ten from me. The game offers the same as the old titles and something more. Even if some of the new game play changes made are copied from other newer FPS games, they certainly do improve the experience both in single and multiplayer. The game engine is very impressive, it looks and sounds excellent. The multiplayer content seems a bit small at the moment but I'm certain that is about to change in the near future. Expand
  67. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is the epitome of what a coop game should be. Grab anywhere between 1 and 15 friends, and set out to have a blast. From smashing enemies into millions of gibs all the way to ripping out their hearts and eyes, this game takes comic violence to a whole new level. The dialogue bits are few and far between, but they did it right, making sure every phrase said is a comic gem. ThoughThis game is the epitome of what a coop game should be. Grab anywhere between 1 and 15 friends, and set out to have a blast. From smashing enemies into millions of gibs all the way to ripping out their hearts and eyes, this game takes comic violence to a whole new level. The dialogue bits are few and far between, but they did it right, making sure every phrase said is a comic gem. Though laden with launch day bugs, the devs have been working hard bringing fixes to the game since day 1. There isnt a person out there that I wouldnt recommend this game to Expand
  68. Nov 27, 2011
    I love this game but because of the **** 150 character long rule I cannot say that its just **** awesome in 3 or 4 words I have to elaborate an entire session of asskissing and licking !!!
  69. Nov 28, 2011
    It is definetely Serious Sam as I expected it to be. It is THE BEST modern game of its own niche and the one game that does not dissapoint me this year. Is it perfect? In my mind yes - game mechanics and level design are top notch and that is what SS is about. Croteam brought just enough innovation to make it fresh without kicking it out of Old School genre. A bit more new stuff and theIt is definetely Serious Sam as I expected it to be. It is THE BEST modern game of its own niche and the one game that does not dissapoint me this year. Is it perfect? In my mind yes - game mechanics and level design are top notch and that is what SS is about. Croteam brought just enough innovation to make it fresh without kicking it out of Old School genre. A bit more new stuff and the game would not be old school and as such it would have failed. Great job Croteam! Thanks for staying true to SS style. Please get us BFE Second Encounter by summer! Expand
  70. Nov 28, 2011
    Highly recommended to newcomers and fans alike. A testimony to the fact that a developer can remain faithful to a series' roots while at the same time keeping the formula fresh, addictive and entertaining.

The visuals are beautiful, the weapons devastating and the monsters cooler and uglier than ever. Coop mode will rock your pants!
  71. Nov 30, 2011
    Many fans of serious sam loves the game very much. i tried the game yesterday if its really fun definetly drives my head out. serious sam 3 is the best bloody game ive ever played .
  72. Nov 29, 2011
    Magnificent, from the astoundingly detailed graphics to the perfectly timed soundtracks, to the huge, simply awe-inspiring size and scale of the environments. The whole game is an almost pornographic crescendo of action, from its humble, reassuring beginning, involving an unarmed Sam vs a single Gnaar on a rooftop, to its, let's face it, orgasmic finale.

If you liked everything about

If you liked everything about Serious Sam's First and Second encounters, you'll agree with me that this too deserves a perfect *10*. Now that's not to say that there's nothing about the game that we wouldn't have done differently had we been in the lead developer's seat - but it does mean that if you're looking for serious, epic (in the true sense of the word) FPS videogame action, this is as good as it gets in 2011.
  73. Jun 5, 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaa a
  74. Nov 30, 2011
    Serious Sam 3 puts the shooting back in FPS. It is a little slower to get going than the previous installments, but once it picks up the pace it's pretty much a non-stop hectic boomfest. Started playing on serious difficulty and am now 16 hours into the game, still haven't finished it. I'm loving everything ranging from the action, the difficulty, the graphics and especially the sound.Serious Sam 3 puts the shooting back in FPS. It is a little slower to get going than the previous installments, but once it picks up the pace it's pretty much a non-stop hectic boomfest. Started playing on serious difficulty and am now 16 hours into the game, still haven't finished it. I'm loving everything ranging from the action, the difficulty, the graphics and especially the sound. This game just delivers, pure and simple. Thanks Croteam. :) Expand
  75. Dec 5, 2011
    Serious Sam is Back! Unlike the Serious Sam II Failure in my opinion, Serious Sam 3 fully takes up the Arcade-Shooting experience like it once were, new game, but with same gameplay and style, Thanks Croteam! Playing through the Campaign Solo with 6 different difficulty Modes, it can be extremely difficult even on Normal, but isn't more of a challenge then you can beat it after a fewSerious Sam is Back! Unlike the Serious Sam II Failure in my opinion, Serious Sam 3 fully takes up the Arcade-Shooting experience like it once were, new game, but with same gameplay and style, Thanks Croteam! Playing through the Campaign Solo with 6 different difficulty Modes, it can be extremely difficult even on Normal, but isn't more of a challenge then you can beat it after a few death's when realising what to do, but Seriously, this game is not for kiddies, you will need to have Skills in this game or els you will have to get it in easy mode. ;) You have to be careful with Health and Ammo as it does not auto supply, but can be found lying around. Lots of Secrets and things to explore, Big spacey maps with lots of room to go nuts with good old Mini-Gun and Rocket-Launcher. The Co-oP experience is just perfect, up to 16 Player with lots of Blood gore, Crazy Shooter Action against big hordes of Monsters, Craaaazy Fuun. Versus Mode is like it always have used to be, fast action shooting or Exploding blood splashing, you will need a super reaction time.
    Personally when Playing with a mate in 2 Player Private Co-oP( or with more if desired) gave me everything back which the old Serious Sam's had, Fun, Teamwork, Blood gore, Screaming while running with hordes of bloodthirsty monsters and kamikaze men, running around exploring secrets, Full Single-Player Campaign and Survival to have fun in, Playing the Co-oP also made the experience in Serious Sam so much Better, Single-Player was Fun and the Co-oP gave it that little extra which the old series also had, a Great Game, a Perfect Creation by Croteam. Take into notice there is a Serious Sam 3 Editor, so in future we might see other people's mods and maps too! and hopefully more exciting content.
  76. Dec 6, 2011
    Everything you would expect from a classic shooter, reborn. The game is totally worth buying as it's nearly perfect in every way possible and you should not be wasting your time reading this because you SHOULD be buying the game right now
  77. Dec 14, 2011
    I completely disagree with all those who say the worse part was how the game started slow and how the environment never changes. I have played the game and even though it felt a little unfinished, it was still surprisingly fully action packed and exciting. The visuals are indeed breathtaking and might I say better than Battlefield 3's graphics, I should know this because I have played bothI completely disagree with all those who say the worse part was how the game started slow and how the environment never changes. I have played the game and even though it felt a little unfinished, it was still surprisingly fully action packed and exciting. The visuals are indeed breathtaking and might I say better than Battlefield 3's graphics, I should know this because I have played both games and found that out for myself. The gameplay goes from turtle to Speedy Gonzales in the passage of time, the sound is quite decent and much more. All in all, this is indeed the best game I've played along with Half-Life 2, Portal 1 and 2, Batman Arkham Asylum and other games that had the right flavour of fun and excitement. In spite of the bugs 10/10 from me, well done Croteam Expand
  78. Dec 29, 2011
    It's nice to take a break from Skyrim or Battlefield 3 and just have some good old fashioned fps action. You point, you shoot, he's dead. No worrying about recoil and other simmish things. It's awesome and unique. I love it.
  79. Jan 11, 2012
    BFE is a masterwork; a monumental piece of video gaming that is far better than I, as a long-time fan expected, and deserved. Croteam have gone to absurd lengths over the last six years to meticulously research everything that should and should not be included in order to maintain the series' draws, but also to keep it progressing and evolving. The game, while being an immensely enjoyableBFE is a masterwork; a monumental piece of video gaming that is far better than I, as a long-time fan expected, and deserved. Croteam have gone to absurd lengths over the last six years to meticulously research everything that should and should not be included in order to maintain the series' draws, but also to keep it progressing and evolving. The game, while being an immensely enjoyable 15+ hour kill-fest, also works to subvert the norms of the first-person shooter genre. It laments the state of FPS, asking how it became to be about storyline, scripted events and underdeveloped RPG elements -- and does this by providing nothing but fast-paced, gory action. It is more retrospectively old-school than even the other games in the series, and comes with gameplay (nay, *gunplay*) unmatched by any video game currently on the market. Add to this a stunning graphics engine, and you have the best game of 2011. Perhaps the public simply isn't ready for such a bold step in video gaming? No matter; I was ready for one, and I got it. Expand
  80. Dec 31, 2011
    If you didn't rate this game 10 out of 10 then you don't know **** about video games. It's a fantastic game with just enough new tactics to make it fresh when compared to the originals, and there is even an achievement for those who only use classic tactics to win "Oldschool". Gameplay is as fun as ever, story is great and much better presented due to significantly increased voice acting,If you didn't rate this game 10 out of 10 then you don't know **** about video games. It's a fantastic game with just enough new tactics to make it fresh when compared to the originals, and there is even an achievement for those who only use classic tactics to win "Oldschool". Gameplay is as fun as ever, story is great and much better presented due to significantly increased voice acting, models look fantastic, and animations bring the hordes of Mental to life. Great game, if you're on the fence, BUY IT NOW. Expand
  81. Dec 31, 2011
    I've played this game for about 16 hours now and it's awesome. Like many others have said the first 3 levels are boring and slow but sh!@ starts to get serious from level 4 and onward. This game has anything you could want from a shooter, lengthy fun singleplayer, surprisingly fun multiplayer, 4 play splitscreen support, and online and offline co-op. It gives you so many graphic optionsI've played this game for about 16 hours now and it's awesome. Like many others have said the first 3 levels are boring and slow but sh!@ starts to get serious from level 4 and onward. This game has anything you could want from a shooter, lengthy fun singleplayer, surprisingly fun multiplayer, 4 play splitscreen support, and online and offline co-op. It gives you so many graphic options and overall it could look better but it still looks good compared to many console ports. Only things i haven't liked about this game is it has a somewhat weak storyline and at times its frustrating trying to find the key or the way out. But overall i think anyone who likes frantic shooters needs to get this game Expand
  82. Jan 6, 2012
    This is back to basics gaming at its best. I think the developers have kept it simple and similar to the previous outings which I also own.
    Pretty amazing graphics and textures enhance the gameplay as well.
    Definitely one of my best game purchases. I'm 16 hours in and haven't even tried out the co-op and multi-player yet as am enjoying the single player game so much
  83. Feb 23, 2012
    AMAZING GAME!! Is not better than Second Encounter and First Encounter, but is a great game! The Offline is the best in the series, action and fun! My vote is 10
  84. Aug 8, 2012
    A spiced-up oldschool shooter with tons of stuff to kill. What's not to like?
  85. Apr 26, 2012
    Incredible game, amazing good ol' classic FPS gameplay with a small modern twist that in my opinion when I saw the trailers I thought it would ruin the game but no, it only adds to the game a lot.
    The graphics are one of the best I saw in quite a while, seriously, just run this game on max settings, looks **** amazing!
    The game has so many throw backs to the classic Serious Sam games
    The game has so many throw backs to the classic Serious Sam games (First and Second Encounter) like secrets, one-liners and much more that just made me so happy.
    The game is so awesome I swear I.. just... SQUEE.
    If you are a fan of the classic Serious Sam games GET THIS GAME, if you love classic FPSs like Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Blood, Shadow Warrior, etc, GET THIS GAME, if you are a fan of modern FPSs GET THIS GAME I just recommend this to EVERYONE! It's one of the best games to come out in years, I haven't been this excited in a long time.
  86. Apr 27, 2012
    this game's absolutely by far the best in the SS series but to me the graphics are very demanding even though i have a gaming PC but this is what we've been missing in 2011 an old school shooter. well done Croteam!
  87. Apr 29, 2012
    Sam 3 just made me realize how sucky modern shooters really are. It takes the best part of a shooter (THE CRAZY, RANDOM ACTION) and stuffs its levels with it. Not perfect (still gonna give it a ten because I want to see more Sam), but much more fun than 'shoot, sit behind cover, shoot, move to next fight, repeat'.
  88. May 4, 2012
    $19.95 from Steam sale..
    $29.00 for a G5 mouse that was violently slammed down an broken..
    $20.00 for Xanax prescription..
    Beating Serious Sam 3 on unmodified Serious difficulty..PRICELESS !
  89. May 7, 2012
    This is if not the top FPS of 2011, it's at least the top 5. There are many new great changes and most of the great ideas from the first 2 encounters are still implemented. I played through the game on Hard and loved it from beginning to end. In a Brain dead Shoot em up FPS there is nothing more you can ask for. Any fps or Sam lover must pick this game immediately if you dot already haveThis is if not the top FPS of 2011, it's at least the top 5. There are many new great changes and most of the great ideas from the first 2 encounters are still implemented. I played through the game on Hard and loved it from beginning to end. In a Brain dead Shoot em up FPS there is nothing more you can ask for. Any fps or Sam lover must pick this game immediately if you dot already have it, i bought it for 50 but they have it on sales and steam had it for 15 dollars... 15!!!!!! F'N Dollars for such an amazing game, please go and do yourself a favor and pick up this fansamtastic game. There is so much i can say about this game like the game is made for newbies and pros alike, easy to pick up, gorgeous graphics, tons of awesome enemies and weapons, SERIOUS QUOTES, and so much more. Really... what else can you ask for.... not many games like this come out anymore and this is definitely a game worth having in your collection. This game is also mod-able so the more people that play the more mods we can make and make the game ever more fun. This game runs on any PC ranging from 300$ to 10,000$ and will still look good on all low graphics. Plenty of Single Player and Multilayer to take many hours away from your life. Please stop playing awful games COD and expand your horizons. Thank you. That is all. Expand
  90. Feb 18, 2013
    Sometimes this game suffers with repetitive gameplay, in special on these maps where most of enemies have machineguns and you need to use cover often, and Deathmatch is not really fun. But the beautiful graphics, highly detailed scenarios, the epic music score, and the senseless violence, and the perfect coop mechanics are not affected by it. I think this is one of the best games of thisSometimes this game suffers with repetitive gameplay, in special on these maps where most of enemies have machineguns and you need to use cover often, and Deathmatch is not really fun. But the beautiful graphics, highly detailed scenarios, the epic music score, and the senseless violence, and the perfect coop mechanics are not affected by it. I think this is one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  91. Jul 19, 2012
    You cannot go wrong with this game. It provides endless hours of non stop gut exploding action. Although sometimes you wish the enemies just stopped coming at you, the game is still amazing. Its Serious Sam for Christ sake. Sam stone can kick duke nukem's ass.
  92. Jul 19, 2012
    I'm a Sam fan, but I can say without any no bias, that Serious Sam 3 is THEEE most successful and fun shoot them up FPS (TPS) I had played in ages. This is definitly something old school shooter fans should look up to. Dropping those generic hide and poke "strategical" shooter games that had been swarming the market for years, the return of Serious Sam sure brings fresh air to the currentI'm a Sam fan, but I can say without any no bias, that Serious Sam 3 is THEEE most successful and fun shoot them up FPS (TPS) I had played in ages. This is definitly something old school shooter fans should look up to. Dropping those generic hide and poke "strategical" shooter games that had been swarming the market for years, the return of Serious Sam sure brings fresh air to the current gamming society. Facing millions of enemies and pwn them with full pack of uniquely designed heavy weapons that are capable of massive destruction, the action contained in SS3 top all other FPS games plus together. The higher difficulty in this game not only make this game more challenging, also more fun -- diffferent characteristics of the enemies, different properties of the guns, and the strategies to deal with different scenarios are all exploited in the higher difficulties, resulting the ultimate gameplay experience and pleasure. The graphics in this game is purely amazing, the textures and art style completely portray the sceneries at their most impressive state, and of course, great heavy metal music goes with great battles, pure awesomness. Expand
  93. Sep 23, 2012
    ............ awesome ......... i think no one can see the best shooting game than it ever before ............ __ :) ..... :)
    .............. :)
  94. Jan 5, 2013
    Había jugado el SS: HD The First Encounter y me había parecido "bien". Pero SS 3 trae un aire fresco lleno de aación. Los gráficos son estupendos, las armas se ven muy bien, gran cantidad de enemigos. La historia es simple pero baaa a quien le importa solo ponte a disparar o aplastar. Para el género hardcore shooter es increible.
  95. Jan 7, 2013
    This game has gorgeous graphics and physics. Im astonished, im playing in a Lenovo Y460p and I play with no hiccups. Im just amazed. About game play, if you played the first Sams you are gonna love this one, is like the old stuff with gorgeous graphics lol. Have fun!!
  96. Dec 1, 2013
    The goriest and most action packed Serious Sam game yet! Want to rip out eyes, rip out hearts, rip off heads, snap necks, squash, and dismember? Feel free to do so in this game. Serious Sam 3 BFE is a refreshing take on Sam and his seriousness. The best Serious Sam game ever!
  97. Nov 7, 2013
    THE ONLY WAY TO EXPRESS THIS GAME CLEARLY IS TO USE ALL CAPS. THIS GAME IS MEATY, LITERALLY. THERE IS SO MUCH EFFING CARNAGE YOUR EYEBALLS WILL FALL OUT. OPEN MOD SUPPORT, CO-OP, MULTIPLAYER, AND UTTER MEATYNESS MAKES THIS ONE OF THE BEST ADVENTURE/SHOOTERS OF ITS TIME. THIS GAME DID THE SERIES A GREAT JUSTICE. BUY IT. JUST. BUY IT.
  98. Aug 1, 2013
    An absolutely fantastic game built on an equally fantastic engine. Fair warning, this is not a cinematic or story driven game. This is a worthy successor to the classic Doom-type shooters of the 90's where the weapons feel powerful and the enemies don't mess around by attacking one at a time. This is a "you vs. a horde" experience. And it's a bloody one. The graphics are downrightAn absolutely fantastic game built on an equally fantastic engine. Fair warning, this is not a cinematic or story driven game. This is a worthy successor to the classic Doom-type shooters of the 90's where the weapons feel powerful and the enemies don't mess around by attacking one at a time. This is a "you vs. a horde" experience. And it's a bloody one. The graphics are downright impressive for such a small developer, and only add to the fun. The game could use a few more cut-scenes or at least some more radio banter between Sam and HQ to help narrate the story, but overall, a highly recommended title. Expand
  99. Nov 1, 2013
    Exelente juego para los fanáticos de la saga, y con un humor negro del mejor desde el 2005 que esperaba otra serie de SS es un shotter pero sin frenos, muy parecido al painkiller pero con humor y diseños y animaciones caricaturescas, nada de serio tiene el juego jeje, lo recomiendo, buenos graficos y deja a las vgas mas top a veces pobres de fps al jugarlo al máximo sobre todo en Full HDExelente juego para los fanáticos de la saga, y con un humor negro del mejor desde el 2005 que esperaba otra serie de SS es un shotter pero sin frenos, muy parecido al painkiller pero con humor y diseños y animaciones caricaturescas, nada de serio tiene el juego jeje, lo recomiendo, buenos graficos y deja a las vgas mas top a veces pobres de fps al jugarlo al máximo sobre todo en Full HD 1080p hacia arriba, definitivamente 2011 fue el año de SS3 recomendado! Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 13, 2012
    This game is the opposite of modern FPS. Enemies attack in hordes and the levels are labyrinths. Serious Sam 3: BFE is a game from 90's made with the tools of the 21st century. [March 2012]
  2. Mar 3, 2012
    Serious Sam 3: BFE is a game worth checking out, especially if you were a fan of old iD Software titles like Doom or Wolfenstein, or the even the Serious Sam series itself. If you're a gamer who's only played modern FPS titles, you'd still do well to see what Serious Sam 3 has to offer. It's more unique nowadays, and it's polished just enough to be an enjoyable experience.
  3. PC Master (Greece)
    Mar 1, 2012
    A worthy descendant of the original Serious Sam titles, it's a FPS that deviates from the standards of today's games: its difficulty level is high, it challenges your reflexes, it's utterly addictive and it's honest, as it delivers on what it promises. [February 2012]