5.7

1. May 18, 2013
    Purchased the DLC for 1.99 on Steam, it's defiantly worth that price, don't pay 9.99 for it. The DLC is what you would expect from the single player game which is fine, but the DLC is less chaotic. With a fun addition of the Jet Pack again, solid mindless fun.
  2. May 18, 2013
    Jewel of the Nile is a pretty average DLC. It offers a very small amount of content and overprices it. With this DLC you get three new levels which will cumulatively take you about three hours to complete. The levels themselves are actually pretty good, but unfortunately they lack a sense of direction and twice i had to consult a Walkthrough to find out where i was supposed to me going. With a price tag of $9.99, Jewel of the Nile isn't really worth the asking price. If you're dying for more SS3 action, wait for a sale before picking this up. Expand
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    I find this game to be a disappointment and even worse; annoying. I absolutely love the Serious Sam genre. Serious Sam 3: BFE was okay, although it didn't compare to the earlier Serious Sam games. But this game is even more boring. After putting down the game earlier (because I really didn't feel like playing anymore), I picked it up again this week. But I just can't get through it. All that I am doing (or what it feels like that I'm doing) is reloading shotguns, some pistol, and some other weapons now and then, running, hiding. This is what you do while searching for the most boring items while being attacked by randomly and very annoyingly spawning enemies. Sometimes the game even puts up an invisible wall so that the area you are allowed to move in is smaller, and opponents spawn even closer, and it feels even more stupid that some suicide kamikaze guy spawns on the worst place possible (in front of your nose) while Sam is taking his time to put some new shells in his shotgun.

Most weapons seem to miss something. It's like they don't pack enough punch (playing on the 2nd last difficulty mode, which could explain something). And ammo is rather scarce. The moments where action is great, as you can mow down many enemies and can make use of tactical and cool movement, is limited. I find myself making use of an incredibly dumb A.I. and stuck enemies (which happens often) too many times.

I don't believe the game has actually improved anywhere over the first 2 Serious Sam series except for graphics. In various areas, it has decreased in quality. It misses the fine-tuning that I'd also really expect from a Serious Sam game in 2012/2013. These would be things like better movement of characters so that they don't get stuck or stammer, and generally better A.I. to give a better challenge, instead of relying on slowly reloading weapons and a lack of ammo for the stronger weapons. It's like the game is not properly tested on how well it plays. What I am missing is fun. And this lack of quality and fun especially comes out in Jewel of the Nile.
  4. Nov 6, 2013
    Yeap. Another time and money waste for me. Makes no sense to play, while collecting these freaking statues in first mission.
    Someone get paid so hard, and i saw: dlc is if you want to break your mind and die in hell ye, just do it.
    You can say anything, but it's no interesting to collect items one-by-one and killing another stack of monsters, its just boring
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Apr 2, 2013
    Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile goes a long way towards resurrecting the feel of the franchise that Serious Sam 3 was so sorely lacking, and I can only hope that this pack indicates that the developers have course-corrected, ensuring more bombastic and overwhelming Serious Sam games in years to come.
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Jewel of the Nile is not an "expansion to the original campaign", but rather a pale imitation.
  3. Oct 25, 2012
    This DLC is a must-buy for anyone that played and enjoyed Serious Sam 3: BFE. While the Egyptian setting is worn threadbare at this point, content exhaustion is mitigated with clever map design. It would be nice to see new environments, but this is a great booster pack of content until that day comes.