Serious Sam II PC

7.0

1. AD
    Sep 21, 2005
    Same as serious sam 1. Same monsters, same guns etc.. But is quite an enjoyable FPS shooter. a time of writing you can buy the game for around £6, which I think is worht a look.
  2. JesseC.
    Jan 16, 2006
    Budget price tag aside, Serious Sam II relies too much on simple, silly fun to keep your attention longer than a few minutes. Even with the extreme lack of depth in the game, killing hundreds or even thousands of enemies is a good premise, but poses a problem when the core combat of the game isn't enjoyable or satisfying at all. I don't want to sound repugnant or anything, but Budget price tag aside, Serious Sam II relies too much on simple, silly fun to keep your attention longer than a few minutes. Even with the extreme lack of depth in the game, killing hundreds or even thousands of enemies is a good premise, but poses a problem when the core combat of the game isn't enjoyable or satisfying at all. I don't want to sound repugnant or anything, but when you shoot somebody in a game you want feedback, explosions, you want the enemy to fire back a few feet, and blood shooting everywhere. You want a sense of actually hitting something. In Serious Sam II there is none of that. When you shoot somebody it feels like you are just taking away his health and when his health hits zero he'll die. Vechicle segments are simple and would be much more satisfying if they were treated the same way. One of SS2's strongest features are it's graphics. It may not be a F.E.A.R or Quake 4, but alot of outside environments are massive (though not as massive as the original's levels) and extremely colourful. Thank god there are no dark corridors in this game. Serious Sam II is a one trick dog, and when that one trick is pretty lame in the first place a game like this can't succeed. This is a below average title. Collapse
  3. Warmonger
    Oct 15, 2005
    Pretty mediocre stuff!... I found it fun and frustrating all rolled into one. I think that they could have accomplished so much more (graphically) after three years, and because of this, it does not compare to the original or look that much better in fact! What a shame!!...save your $$$.
  4. Mar 12, 2011
    The first one is way better this one just goes boring...
  5. Oct 6, 2013
    Compared to the original, too many enemies spawned suddenly around the player, while there is not enough space for dodging enemies' deadly projectiles. This makes player have to take a conservative approach, i.e. staying in corner for cover, instead the run-and-jump shooting style in original.
  6. Paul
    Nov 3, 2005
    Great Fun! AD you are reviewing the wrong game, you are thinking of Serious Sam: The Second Encounter release ages ago. This is Serious Sam 2.
  7. Mar 15, 2016
    Serious Sam: First Encounter was perfect game. Nice, simple with challenge and with a lot of fun. Serious Sam is trying to show you better graphic, more funny moments, more enemies, weapons etc. But scenes, where you should laugh, you are not laughing. New or modified weapons are not good balanced. Enemies are not interesting. Level design and re-spawning enemies are not ok. After fewSerious Sam: First Encounter was perfect game. Nice, simple with challenge and with a lot of fun. Serious Sam is trying to show you better graphic, more funny moments, more enemies, weapons etc. But scenes, where you should laugh, you are not laughing. New or modified weapons are not good balanced. Enemies are not interesting. Level design and re-spawning enemies are not ok. After few levels, I was bored and I've had no motivation to continue. It's not bad game, but it's not working for me. All those details from Serious Sam: First encounter are worse. And those worse details destroyed excellent game. Now it's just average FPS game. I'm going to buy Second Encounter HD. Expand
  8. Jun 15, 2015
    I found this game not much fun and rather tedious unlike the 2nd encounter which is the best and most fun Serious Sam.

It's too mindless. Even though I liked the 2nd Encounter, Serious Sam 2 just didn't appeal to me All the game is, is shoot stuff get a cutscene, get to another planet with friendly aliens which differ slightly, maybe by colour but all sound the same as the aliens that were on the other planet and are all small and bipedal. Fight some boss, get medallion repeat until you get all 6 pieces. It's very repetitive and feels mindless and pointless. With jokes and humour that falls flat and only those 10 and under would be amused by.

This is like the kids version of Serious Sam with cartoony over bright graphics and enemies such as clowns and witches that look like they came straight from a cartoon and clowns have the exact same cackle as the witches and instead of the major mechanoids there are now T-Mechs which have dinosaur heads and tails and Rhino Cybertoys which look like giant wind up toy rhinos instead of Sirian werebulls which just shows new enemies are made with a kiddie like theme. And while I don't mind, kiddie or cartoony type games, I feel it does not suit this game and prefer the darker, grittier feel of The Serious Sam Encounters.

This is the worst Serious Sam. It's a rather average game bordering on bad.
  9. Oct 3, 2014
    This game is good,But not my favorite ,It's worth a buy,It's a goofy shoot'em type game.

Pros:

Fun gameplay

Goofy story

Badass weapons

Cons:

Bland at times

To hard at times

KHAN

Overall this game was...okay,You shouldn't pay more than 9.99Usd for it.

I give it a : 5/10
  10. Mar 18, 2015
    The game isnt that bad but the bugs in game are really terrible sometimes my ammo dissapears, If they would fixed the bugs that are like 15i n game i would give it a 8.
  11. Apr 21, 2015
    Well Serious sam 2 isnt bad as others, i like the animatic add to it but thats not enough to keep me intertained but its better than the 3rd one well game soon go downhill dont they?
  12. Feb 29, 2016
    One of those "cool" games Serious Sam 2 goes beyond its genre and provide us with lots of shooting and colorful views. You may feel sick afterwards. Still worth a try.

1. I had almost forgotten how much fun I had playing the original Serious Sam, but it only took one level full of laughter and insane action to quickly remember why Sam is still the best FPS game in its class since the original Doom.
  2. Still, Sam nails exactly what it's aiming to do, which is to throw scores of enemies at you in some of the most frantic firefights you'll ever experience.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Few other FPS titles can match the intensity of this nitrous-charged shooting gallery, but plenty of them offer the kind of less that feels like much, much more. [Nov 2005, p.104]