Serious Sam: The First Encounter PC

8.4

1. PatrickgN-S
    Jan 30, 2002
    Fast and furious, lots of fun at the end of a shotgun.
  2. Enthasius
    Jul 9, 2002
    This game is some scary, crazed stuff. Finally a game where the size of your gun DOES matter.
  3. JonathanH.
    May 21, 2001
    Wow, as good as the reviews all say. "Doom" for 2001. Buy it.
  4. HowardR.
    Jul 8, 2001
    GREAT GAME!!
  5. Hellwolf_36
    Mar 9, 2003
    Wuts not fun about killing 1000+ enemies with a chaingun?
  6. Foker
    Dec 20, 2001
    Awsome game, speciali in multyplayer .. Cooperative mode RoX.
  7. DavidJ.
    Sep 29, 2001
    This Game is the BOMB.
  8. WelcomeToSportsweek.I'mGilbertMulroneycakes.
    May 29, 2003
    Great engine looking for a game. It's a beautiful thing alright - horizons stretching for lightyears around, and streams of enemies turning from dots on the horizon to huge screaming beasties, and lens flare and everything - but it's very very shallow. It's not that amazing how cheap it is. There's a week of gameplay here, tops, for the season FPSer. Not to say it Great engine looking for a game. It's a beautiful thing alright - horizons stretching for lightyears around, and streams of enemies turning from dots on the horizon to huge screaming beasties, and lens flare and everything - but it's very very shallow. It's not that amazing how cheap it is. There's a week of gameplay here, tops, for the season FPSer. Not to say it isn't fun - it really, really is - just so simple it's unworthy of the engine. Expand
  9. JamesS.
    Apr 15, 2006
    this is a poor game gameplay gets boring quick and not much fun i payed £3.99 for it and i still feel like i was robbed stay away seriously.
  10. DillS
    Sep 9, 2009
    Wowsa. Just re-beat this game! What a classic it is to me now. I think I first played it when I was eight or ten... This day in age, seeing that many units with no point but to "kill them to open the door" gets boring. Well, it would, if Sam weren't cracking jokes so much. End-game is awesome! Music isn't great, or even good, but everything is amazing. Even nowadays, I am Wowsa. Just re-beat this game! What a classic it is to me now. I think I first played it when I was eight or ten... This day in age, seeing that many units with no point but to "kill them to open the door" gets boring. Well, it would, if Sam weren't cracking jokes so much. End-game is awesome! Music isn't great, or even good, but everything is amazing. Even nowadays, I am surprised by how HUGE the environments are. I ran off into the desert for easily ten minutes. Expand
  11. RossRulz
    Nov 9, 2001
    This game has sweet guns, tons of opponents, cool scenery, and a pretty cool boss. A Must buy if you like 1st person shooting.
  12. Jeeves
    Nov 30, 2003
    This game rocks!
  13. MafiaGuy
    Nov 3, 2003
    Childish graphics, arcade-like game.
    Apr 26, 2005
    An unbelievable bargain game and one of the most fun yet simple games ive ever played.
  15. Jun 14, 2011
    This is a great game made by Croatian Game industry: Croteam, It is fast, funny, totally crazy, I love it. I bloody love it..... hell it is one of the best games of 21st (so far)
  16. Dec 26, 2012
    From my childhood memories,this game is still exist in my mind and its the game that is still kick ass till now,the graphics are much impressive for old times and it runs really Fluently without slowdown at all.And humor that is funny for the old time,for me...this game deserve 10 and its the best 2001 game ever made,till now,people still playing this game :)
  17. Mar 9, 2012
    It never claims to be more than the straight-forward shooter, and it manages that admirably. It fares much better than Duke Nukem, but it ain't as memorable as Quake 1.
  18. Apr 5, 2012
    Just plain fun. If you're looking for a game where you just want to have fun, mindless fun and nothing but this is it. It also has a ton of funny and interesting easter eggs.
  19. Nov 25, 2012
    The best kill-them all shooter. I like it for hardcore. Good graphic, difficult missions and dynamic gameplay. Classic Shooter. I played for many times.
  20. Dec 14, 2015
    An excellent shooter which doesn't take itself too seriously. You are frequently challenged with huge armies of enemies running at you from all directions. The battles of such large scale and intensity were novel at the time time game came out.
  21. Apr 15, 2013
    Jamas disfrute tanto un FPS, ya no hacen muchos juegos de este estilo, muchos monstruos, un lugar extremadamente amplio y un arsenal de armas para utilizar. Disfrute cada minuto de este juego, y si lo jugas en la dificultad mas alta, es todo un desafio. La historia no es para nada buena, pero el gameplay, los sonidos, los graficos, el estilo de los mosntruos, las armas, casi todo esJamas disfrute tanto un FPS, ya no hacen muchos juegos de este estilo, muchos monstruos, un lugar extremadamente amplio y un arsenal de armas para utilizar. Disfrute cada minuto de este juego, y si lo jugas en la dificultad mas alta, es todo un desafio. La historia no es para nada buena, pero el gameplay, los sonidos, los graficos, el estilo de los mosntruos, las armas, casi todo es perfecto en este juego! Expand
  22. AWG
    Jun 23, 2013
    I started this game just after playing BFE and I liked it very much even if BFE is way superior (better enemies, better graphics, better cut-scenes, better maps). But TFE is still a very good game both in single player mode and in co-op.
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    After completing the game, I personally found it to be one of the best game I ever played. While the game play is pretty basic, it's really enjoyable. There are also traps and secrets in the map to make things more challenging. Another great thing is the environment, it looks fantastic even for a 12 year old game. The levels in the game are pretty quick (15-25 minutes) which can be goodAfter completing the game, I personally found it to be one of the best game I ever played. While the game play is pretty basic, it's really enjoyable. There are also traps and secrets in the map to make things more challenging. Another great thing is the environment, it looks fantastic even for a 12 year old game. The levels in the game are pretty quick (15-25 minutes) which can be good for some people but not so great for some people. Overall, this game is recommended if you like FPS games and feel like using "beefy" weapons against some crazy swarms of wacky enemies. Expand
  24. Nov 9, 2013
    Definitely the one you should start the game series with. A very efficient way to unleash your rage. Don't worry about the plot and graphics you don't need them.
  25. Oct 3, 2014
    The best game of 2001. Excellent gameplay,super enjoyment,outstanding multyplayer, charming environments, great story. Fast, funny,brutal,devastating game. Serious Sam series games are always my favourite games. Serious sam is my favourite FPS series. Thanks to croteam for this game. I have played SS3. Its now my favourite game.I also want SS4 Soon
  26. May 12, 2015
  27. Mar 18, 2015
    It seems, Very old i didint Really hate it or liked it i like the second encounter way more i know its an classic but for me its not enough to be a good rating Sorry.
  28. Apr 8, 2016
    This is a great game, this is old school, this is more blood, this is epic soundtrack, this is hardcore, this is one of the best schooter for all the time
  29. Jun 28, 2016
    It's a fast paced FPS with good controls but gets very boring very quickly. It starts out awesome but about halfway through the rest of the game is the same exact thing over and over again. If you get the game free its worth playing until you get bored but definitely not worth playing the whole way through.

During its time it was probably one of the better games around, but nowadays

During its time it was probably one of the better games around, but nowadays there are just so many better options to play this one really doesn't hold up.

1. This is the best dose of pure visceral excitement to hit shooters in years.
  2. Just firing this beast up, and blasting some bad guys without a care in the world feels very refreshing.
  3. Da Gameboyz
    If you like mindlessly shooting things (like me), buy this game! Well worth the bang!