Shadowbane PC

• Release Date: Mar 25, 2003
7.5

1. eXtReMeGaMeR
    Aug 29, 2003
    This game is just another crappily slapped together sandwitch of sh.t. This doesn't even deserve a 1. I haven't met anyone who's been able to keep the game running stable for more than half-an-hour without the game crashing so hard a complete "flip-power-switch" ordeal was needed. Seriously, if you ever manage to get it to work, this crap is practially unplayable due to the This game is just another crappily slapped together sandwitch of sh.t. This doesn't even deserve a 1. I haven't met anyone who's been able to keep the game running stable for more than half-an-hour without the game crashing so hard a complete "flip-power-switch" ordeal was needed. Seriously, if you ever manage to get it to work, this crap is practially unplayable due to the lag. Save your money. Go get ANYTHING besides this. I should make my own crappy pc games, slap a nice label on them, a little high-budget promo from a big company, and then release a 10% complete pile of crap. Teachers always tell us that we should always complete our work. Guess these idiots flunked high school or some crap and got their friends-in-high-places to give them their jobs. Don't bother with this crappy game. Expand
  2. AaronS.
    Jun 6, 2003
    Why, why, WHY does this game have such awful tech support!? After 3 hours of play, the game no longer works. Tech support doesn't even know how to fix this, and if they can't get the game reasonably stable, it shouldn't ship.

1. Its innovation definitely injects a shot of adrenaline into a genre that desperately needed it. [June 2003, p.78]
  2. The player guild experience is the Shadowbane experience. Get involved with a good one and depth of gameplay becomes clear. Get involved with a bad one and you'll never get past the same old monster farming you've seen before. [July 2003, p.68]
    The game looks and feels dated. The colors are drab, and the world lacks character. Nothing here looks state of the art, yet the system requirements are quite high.