7.1

1. Nov 27, 2011
    The only reason to buy this is if you don't like online games, because Alien Swarm is the same thing, but there are three major differences:
    1. Alien Swarm is free
    2. Alien Swarm is online
    3. Alien Swarm is better
    Not saying much either, because Alien Swarm isn't that great.
  2. AlienSwarm
    Oct 2, 2006
    Alien Swarm is the better game! This is a cheesy ripoff!
  3. AmirK.
    Jun 7, 2006
    Somewhat entertaining, especially the weapon selection and upgrades. Alas, the gameplay is poor, the game is plain boring at times. The camera angle and graphics are bad. I have purchased the game through steam... I Want My Money Back... Consider the fact that Half life E1 costs the same.
  4. Salamamba
    Jun 9, 2006
    The biggest problem with this game is that it feels and plays like a re-hash of "Alien Breed". The graphics aren't even much better quality, and a lot of the weapons/opponants seem the same.
  5. KyleW.
    Jul 10, 2006
    this is just a really bad knock off of alien swarm by black cat games, and they weren't being paid.
  6. ZacV.
    May 15, 2006
    Horrible game. Almost exactly like Doom3 with bad graphics and horrible controls. I reality you can see in front of you, aim at something directly infront of you and SEE more than 5 feet infront of your self. I would rather play the original GTA...
  7. RatF.
    May 16, 2006
    This is a pretty primitive engine being used for this game, it literally looks like a game that should have been released 4 or 5 years ago. The gameplay is kinda ok, nothing great and I was growing bored after a few levels. Unless your pc is old and can't run a better game with a more modern engine, I would not bother with this mediocre game.
  8. AlexS.
    May 18, 2006
    Terrible game. The game controls suck because there is not y-axis adjustment. Also, the graphics remind me of Age of Empires 2, over all I have to say that this game is not worth its price.
  9. HessenMahemdi
    Aug 26, 2006
    Don't like it very much.
  10. AnonymousMC
    May 14, 2006
    Are you kidding me? Not only does the game steal Doom's premise (not that it was a very good premise to begin with) to create a game that inspires laughter instead of the expected fear which its poor choice of camera placement (what is scary about top-down camera placement?), contrived concept of enemies, bad AI, laughable dialogue, and bad voice acting. Not only that, the graphicsAre you kidding me? Not only does the game steal Doom's premise (not that it was a very good premise to begin with) to create a game that inspires laughter instead of the expected fear which its poor choice of camera placement (what is scary about top-down camera placement?), contrived concept of enemies, bad AI, laughable dialogue, and bad voice acting. Not only that, the graphics are sub-par at best (which is forgivable for an independent game) and the weapons are nothing special. Boring, boring, boring gameplay. Expand
  11. MikeC.
    May 27, 2006
    I'm sorry to say this, but this game is horrible! The gameplay is intensly dull, the controls seen uncooperaritive, and the dark graphics give me a headache. Why anyone would like this game is beyond me.
  12. JacobK.
    May 29, 2006
    I think the fact that this is a budget game lets it down greatly. The characters are poor with little in the way of facial expressions, the camera angle is aggravating and the overall feel of this title is just weak.
  13. BrentC.
    Aug 12, 2006
    Not A First Person View didn't like it.
  14. Aug 11, 2014
    I played through the first two stages of this game and was thoroughly unimpressed; it took about an hour to do, and there was really nothing in there which made me want to keep playing. The voice acting was poor, the graphics did not age well, and there was really no hook that grabbed me and said "I am curious about what is going on/invested in the people in this game." The fact that thereI played through the first two stages of this game and was thoroughly unimpressed; it took about an hour to do, and there was really nothing in there which made me want to keep playing. The voice acting was poor, the graphics did not age well, and there was really no hook that grabbed me and said "I am curious about what is going on/invested in the people in this game." The fact that there are grammatical errors in the text and even in the lines given to the voice actors is kind of sad. If you want to play a game like this, Alien Swarm is both free and vastly superior. Expand
  15. Apr 11, 2013
    the game was made in 2005-6 and the graphics are like it was made in 1999 the gameplay is just simple but good the story was awful (i didnt finish the game but i played 2-3 hours of the game and i just didnt want to play it anymore) i dont know how crazy all the ppl are who vote it for 10 this doesnt worth even 1 euro i am glad i won it on steam and i didnt pay for that s*it!

1. With strong gameplay, outstanding design, and intense action, the game definitely fills the void left in many players by the somewhat-disappointing "Doom 3."
  2. The story is derivative, the aliens are clich├ęd and stupid and the gameplay is pretty bog standard for the most part.
  3. Shadowgrounds is a great game that is very fun to play and nice to look at. Players looking for a cheap action packed game or some nostalgia would be well advised to give Shadowgrounds a try.