7.1

1. Nov 27, 2011
    The only reason to buy this is if you don't like online games, because Alien Swarm is the same thing, but there are three major differences:
    1. Alien Swarm is free
    2. Alien Swarm is online
    3. Alien Swarm is better
    Not saying much either, because Alien Swarm isn't that great.
  2. Aug 11, 2014
    I played through the first two stages of this game and was thoroughly unimpressed; it took about an hour to do, and there was really nothing in there which made me want to keep playing. The voice acting was poor, the graphics did not age well, and there was really no hook that grabbed me and said "I am curious about what is going on/invested in the people in this game." The fact that thereI played through the first two stages of this game and was thoroughly unimpressed; it took about an hour to do, and there was really nothing in there which made me want to keep playing. The voice acting was poor, the graphics did not age well, and there was really no hook that grabbed me and said "I am curious about what is going on/invested in the people in this game." The fact that there are grammatical errors in the text and even in the lines given to the voice actors is kind of sad. If you want to play a game like this, Alien Swarm is both free and vastly superior. Expand
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    the game was made in 2005-6 and the graphics are like it was made in 1999 the gameplay is just simple but good the story was awful (i didnt finish the game but i played 2-3 hours of the game and i just didnt want to play it anymore) i dont know how crazy all the ppl are who vote it for 10 this doesnt worth even 1 euro i am glad i won it on steam and i didnt pay for that s*it!

1. With strong gameplay, outstanding design, and intense action, the game definitely fills the void left in many players by the somewhat-disappointing "Doom 3."
  2. The story is derivative, the aliens are clich├ęd and stupid and the gameplay is pretty bog standard for the most part.
  3. Shadowgrounds is a great game that is very fun to play and nice to look at. Players looking for a cheap action packed game or some nostalgia would be well advised to give Shadowgrounds a try.