7.1

1. PeterR.
    Jul 20, 2006
    ok game with mediocre graphics, and a terribly predictably story. other than that they swear every other word, and the weapon choice is in fact good. lots of fun when you get a great gun, and uising the pistol when youi run out of ammo makes for a stretegitic alternitive. the aliens vary well, but they sometimes dont look like they could be from the same species. a good half action/half ok game with mediocre graphics, and a terribly predictably story. other than that they swear every other word, and the weapon choice is in fact good. lots of fun when you get a great gun, and uising the pistol when youi run out of ammo makes for a stretegitic alternitive. the aliens vary well, but they sometimes dont look like they could be from the same species. a good half action/half survival game with a unique over-top view. Expand
  2. ErvinoC.
    Dec 3, 2007
    Nice look & feel. Moronic save system that don't leave you save where you want. I really don't understand why they still make games without a free save system!!!
  3. BenR.
    May 25, 2006
    Not bad, but lacks a certain kapow! Felt like an overly organised and contrived scenario and wasn't very absorbing or gripping. Still good fun but not great. Lacked graphically also.
    Jun 3, 2006
    the lack of any sort of save feature severely hampers the enjoyment of this game. otherwise, it's fun, replayable and inovative. reminds me of zelda mixed with an 'alien' movie. if shadowgrounds had a save mechanic and was maybe a little bit longer, i'd have to give it at least an 8.5 if not a 9.
  5. MikeA.
    Sep 10, 2006
    Looks like it could be a fun game. I bought the digital download version and I've had nothing but problems with it. The editor craps out everytime I use it and the mod I downloaded will not activate...and yes I installed it correctly. Looks like you owe me a refund Meridian4.
  6. JoeD.
    May 12, 2006
    While it is a generic shooter for some reason it is attractive. I know that i enjoy the game and shall continue for the time being :)
  7. EthanL.
    Oct 14, 2006
    It could have been good, but it just wasn't. I give the developer of this game some credit for at least trying bring back the top down shooter genre, but the game just doesn't play very well at all. It had a pretty cliche storyline and awful voiceovers, but the graphics are great, and so is the weapon selection. I had some fun in this game, but a lot of things brought it down.
  8. Jun 25, 2011
    This game could have been so much more!

This game could have been so much more!

But let's start with what didn't work: the dialogues were mediocre at best. Although the controls were fairly good, there were problems with aiming. It's a shooter, and nothing else. Not only is the story linear, the game play is also. No fancy missions or character development, just run through shooting everything that moves. It's lacking a lot of depth. There's also no compelling reason to use any of the big weapons until very late in the game. The handgun works fine for 3/4 of the game (even on hard mode).

On the good side, level designs were good, graphics were decent, the view angle is refreshing, and some of the scenes can put you on edge at times.

If it's under 5$, you might feel you got your money's worth.
  9. Dec 9, 2014
    Very nice Third-Person fast-paced alien shooter. Excellent voice-overs. Story is basically this: aliens are attacking the Ganymede colony (one of Jupiter's Moons) - you are an engineer and need to take care of EVERYTHING :)) Yep! I liked it quite a bit. About 6 hrs of game in it. A twist at the end ;)
  10. Apr 6, 2012
    Story is a pretty generic Syfy one. Enemies aren't that difficult to face, story is also quite short. I finished the campaign in about 5 hours. Gameplay isn't that great, never really enjoyed my time with that game. Wouldn't recommend it.
  11. Mar 11, 2012
    Meh. Playing it in co-op is also a bored. These types of game should stay on flash nowadays as they do not age well. My opinion of course. Bland gameplay, graphics, and environments.
  12. Dec 20, 2013
    A decent little game that has plenty of action and different weapons to choose from, as well as a pretty solid story.

Slight repetitiveness and very average voice acting which does pay a part in the game reduces the score.

1. With strong gameplay, outstanding design, and intense action, the game definitely fills the void left in many players by the somewhat-disappointing "Doom 3."
  2. The story is derivative, the aliens are clich├ęd and stupid and the gameplay is pretty bog standard for the most part.
  3. Shadowgrounds is a great game that is very fun to play and nice to look at. Players looking for a cheap action packed game or some nostalgia would be well advised to give Shadowgrounds a try.