7.0

1. Nov 27, 2011
    The only reason to buy this is if you don't like online games, because Alien Swarm is the same thing, but there are three major differences:
    1. Alien Swarm is free
    2. Alien Swarm is online
    3. Alien Swarm is better
    Not saying much either, because Alien Swarm isn't that great.
  2. Dec 26, 2013
    WTF is with the save system!? It only saves after you beat a level which their are 11 in total. Each time you start a new level you get 4 retries. So die 5 times in a level and it redo the level again. The voice acting is so wooden its facepalm to the point I actually lost interest in the plot half way through. Only the combat and weapon upgrades held my interest to the end of the game.
  3. Aug 11, 2014
    I played through the first two stages of this game and was thoroughly unimpressed; it took about an hour to do, and there was really nothing in there which made me want to keep playing. The voice acting was poor, the graphics did not age well, and there was really no hook that grabbed me and said "I am curious about what is going on/invested in the people in this game." The fact that there are grammatical errors in the text and even in the lines given to the voice actors is kind of sad. If you want to play a game like this, Alien Swarm is both free and vastly superior. Expand
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is very interesting, you have many weapons to choose from, upgrades that make a measle pistol into a little killing device, and a very interesting storyline and concept. The only thing that disappointed me in this game was the ending, it was quite anti-climatic really.
  5. Jun 25, 2011
    This game could have been so much more!

But let's start with what didn't work: the dialogues were mediocre at best. Although the controls were fairly good, there were problems with aiming. It's a shooter, and nothing else. Not only is the story linear, the game play is also. No fancy missions or character development, just run through shooting everything that moves. It's lacking a lot of
    depth. There's also no compelling reason to use any of the big weapons until very late in the game. The handgun works fine for 3/4 of the game (even on hard mode).

On the good side, level designs were good, graphics were decent, the view angle is refreshing, and some of the scenes can put you on edge at times.

If it's under 5$, you might feel you got your money's worth.
  6. Jun 27, 2011
    A 3D top down shooter with weapons to upgrade and a semi destructible environment? Defiantly my kind of game. It is a LOT of fun.
    The (seemingly) pre-rendered cut scenes aren't that great and neither is the voice acting but the game play more then makes up for it.
  7. Aug 7, 2011
    Very decent game for the buck. The story might seem lame and cliche - but, common, so is the gameplay - that's precisely why i bought this game! Classic application of a 3rd distanced-person alien shooter. Upgradable and tradable weapons make this game a very nice time-passer. If only it was a little longer.
  8. Apr 11, 2013
    the game was made in 2005-6 and the graphics are like it was made in 1999 the gameplay is just simple but good the story was awful (i didnt finish the game but i played 2-3 hours of the game and i just didnt want to play it anymore) i dont know how crazy all the ppl are who vote it for 10 this doesnt worth even 1 euro i am glad i won it on steam and i didnt pay for that s*it!
  9. Apr 6, 2012
    Story is a pretty generic Syfy one. Enemies aren't that difficult to face, story is also quite short. I finished the campaign in about 5 hours. Gameplay isn't that great, never really enjoyed my time with that game. Wouldn't recommend it.
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    Meh. Playing it in co-op is also a bored. These types of game should stay on flash nowadays as they do not age well. My opinion of course. Bland gameplay, graphics, and environments.
  11. Dec 20, 2013
    A decent little game that has plenty of action and different weapons to choose from, as well as a pretty solid story.

Slight repetitiveness and very average voice acting which does pay a part in the game reduces the score.

1. With strong gameplay, outstanding design, and intense action, the game definitely fills the void left in many players by the somewhat-disappointing "Doom 3."
  2. The story is derivative, the aliens are clich├ęd and stupid and the gameplay is pretty bog standard for the most part.
  3. Shadowgrounds is a great game that is very fun to play and nice to look at. Players looking for a cheap action packed game or some nostalgia would be well advised to give Shadowgrounds a try.