Shadowrun PC

6.3

1. DuncanM.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Fail. Epic Fail. This game was so much of a letdown, I almost crushed the CD right away. But then I might have hurt my hands... So I didn't. First off, I got it around Christmas 07, THEN I installed it thinking "Oh MAN this is going to be fun." After tearing my hair out (Pics of me bald not included) I got my Xbox live account, anc was ready to jump into some fast paced multiplayer Fail. Epic Fail. This game was so much of a letdown, I almost crushed the CD right away. But then I might have hurt my hands... So I didn't. First off, I got it around Christmas 07, THEN I installed it thinking "Oh MAN this is going to be fun." After tearing my hair out (Pics of me bald not included) I got my Xbox live account, anc was ready to jump into some fast paced multiplayer gaming... But nooo "What the hell is that? I have to PAY to play? I didn't know this was an MMO... " So I played singleplayer instead.. And I'm all like.... Hey, this is just a bad version of Counter Strike: Source... With Magic.... and Trolls... On fire... But really now... In singleplayer the rounds are too short... You can only fight for up to six round.. or something like that. And thats not long enough to get all the money for the powers you need. The fact that there is no Deathcam makes for a boring wait for someone to res you. And the maps were just boring. If it was cheaper, and didn't suck so hard in singleplayer... I might recommend you get it, if not, then just get Counter Strike or Counter Strike: Source. (By the way, Steam is free, and better, in my opinion). Collapse
  2. HoenirA.
    Jun 1, 2007
    First, looking at this game purely from the gameplay and content stand point even leaves you wanting. While mildly entertaining, this game feels like a glorified Counter-Strike mod. The game offers a whole 3 game modes, 4 classes, a lackluster 8 avatar skins, 9 maps, and a handful of gear/spells. The graphics are muddy at best and to top it all off the game is an online-only multiplayer First, looking at this game purely from the gameplay and content stand point even leaves you wanting. While mildly entertaining, this game feels like a glorified Counter-Strike mod. The game offers a whole 3 game modes, 4 classes, a lackluster 8 avatar skins, 9 maps, and a handful of gear/spells. The graphics are muddy at best and to top it all off the game is an online-only multiplayer game with no splitscreen option. Second, as for the original fans, this game is Shadowrun in name only. Almost every ability included in this game stands in direct contradiction to the canon of the established IP, meaning every one of the restricted/prohibitted or otherwise impossible aspects in the original universe are standard fare in this game. So in conclusion if your a FPS fan pass this one up and wait for something better such as; The Darkness, Quake Wars, Crysis, Halo 3, Team Fortress 2 or any of the plethora of FPS on the horizon. Expand
  3. DaveK.
    Jun 1, 2007
    They did nothing new with the Shadowrun license. Poor/awkward controls (autoaim on a PC game?!) really hurt the accesibility of the game, and that means less enjoyable. Cross platform remains a neat idea, but simply isn't implemented well yet, but we're only 2 games in. Windows Gold remains a ripoff since PC games mp has always been free, but at least the game looks pretty nice.
  4. ChrisW.
    Jun 19, 2007
    this game is a horrible sin against god try it i dare you, you will feel like your playing some free game only its not free, you pay premium price like everything else, any hope you had that this was counter strike with magic will be destoryed.

1. The biggest disappointment in this otherwise fairly enjoyable shooter is the lack of content once you've finally grasped the formula. There are only nine similar-looking maps to choose from, with more expected down the line via downloadable content.
  2. A well-designed, well-conceived game.
  3. This multiplayer-only shooter does absolutely nothing with the Shadowrun name, and its unique strengths are offset by a lack of variety.