Shank 2 PC

6.3

1. Feb 9, 2012
    I didn't played the first Shank game, so I don't know in which ways the sequel differs. A trailer shows us a bloodbath action gameplay and everything seems so awesome, but after you play a few chapters it becomes a very boring, repetitive game. There is small variety of weapons, only three in each category, but the good thing is that every weapon has it's unique combination of hits andI didn't played the first Shank game, so I don't know in which ways the sequel differs. A trailer shows us a bloodbath action gameplay and everything seems so awesome, but after you play a few chapters it becomes a very boring, repetitive game. There is small variety of weapons, only three in each category, but the good thing is that every weapon has it's unique combination of hits and finishing moves, so you can choose what you like the most. As for enemies, there are few kinds, they use melee and ranged weapons, also there are "gorillas" - that's how I call these big guys, which are harder to kill. In some point you will have to use a minigun turret to kill incoming enemy and some other things to do, which I don't want to spoil. And the gameplay is based on the story, so it's not just a hit'n'smash game. Graphics are really nice, especially when you slice enemy with chainsaw or do counter-attack. But there is one problem with mouse cursor, somehow it won't disappear to some players and is visible in game, so I think there will be a patch to fix this. Despite that, it's not that bad game, which have a big potential, but in current time it lacks variety of gameplay and length of it. But worth the time to play it. Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2012
    Hmm....well, the animation IS worth a glimpse, if only to witness the variations in the characters at the outset. Honestly, if you play the first 20 minutes of the game, you're pretty much done on the mechanics at large. The rest of the game is an amalgamation of all the concepts and challenges developed in the first level or two. The combat is flashy...but not substantial. I would love toHmm....well, the animation IS worth a glimpse, if only to witness the variations in the characters at the outset. Honestly, if you play the first 20 minutes of the game, you're pretty much done on the mechanics at large. The rest of the game is an amalgamation of all the concepts and challenges developed in the first level or two. The combat is flashy...but not substantial. I would love to see a 2-d arkham asylum/city combat system translated, and i felt as if the developers wanted shank to be that kind of engaging action. As it stands, its a decent, if underwhelming experience. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2014
    It's about what you'd expect from playing the first game, but without the charm of being the first game. A solid follow-up, but gets old much faster. Turns out not to be fun enough to justify replay.
  4. Jan 9, 2014
    A completely average 2D platformer/brawler game. The cut scenes and the story is quite nice, but the game-play is repetitive and not very innovative. Overall opinion: bland, but worth a try!
  5. Jan 8, 2013
    The slightly crippled remake of Shank. It's good, I'll give it that, but the gameplay just seems really icky when compared to its superior predecessor.
  6. May 12, 2013
    What a massive let-down this was. I finished Shank 1 and went straight on to Shank 2, and i was dissapointed, Shank 1 had a weak but forgivable story, Shank 2 was not understandable. Shank 1 was frustrating but fair, Shank 2 was not very difficult, but some enemis could not be stunned, therefore leading to death. Speaking of death... Dying in Shank 1 gets you INSTANTLY back into action,What a massive let-down this was. I finished Shank 1 and went straight on to Shank 2, and i was dissapointed, Shank 1 had a weak but forgivable story, Shank 2 was not understandable. Shank 1 was frustrating but fair, Shank 2 was not very difficult, but some enemis could not be stunned, therefore leading to death. Speaking of death... Dying in Shank 1 gets you INSTANTLY back into action, but in 2, you have to sit through an annoying loading screen before going into action, and you will die, ALOT. Also, the guns don't auto-aim when launching enemies into the air, like they do in 1, Get Shank 1 instead Expand
  7. Apr 1, 2013
    It felt to me that while trying hard to step it up and out do the first Shank they ended up destroying the feel that I liked about the first game. I felt like instead of playing I new generation game in a classic style that I actually literally stepped back a few generations and was playing a classic game again. I do not feel the scheme needed to be changed so dramatically. They had theIt felt to me that while trying hard to step it up and out do the first Shank they ended up destroying the feel that I liked about the first game. I felt like instead of playing I new generation game in a classic style that I actually literally stepped back a few generations and was playing a classic game again. I do not feel the scheme needed to be changed so dramatically. They had the feel right before. Expand
  8. Jun 18, 2014
    Nice graphics. There is certain story. Sometimes controls feel really bad. This is kind of game you hate because you are death and it was not your fault.
  9. Feb 8, 2014
    Great game good controls once you used to it you will feel like a real bad ass story line sucks i even thought i could think in other story when iam playing i never played shank 1 though
  10. Jan 30, 2016
    Shank 2 is not a thing to remember for long, but the things it brings are undoubtedly bloody, crazy, weird and, best of all, entertaining like the first game.

1. Jan 14, 2013
    I would only recommend this game to those who have attached themselves to Shank's story from the first game, or perhaps the hardcore gamer that enjoys a challenge. The art is good, the mayhem is there: too bad it sometimes feels like you're bringing a knife to a gunfight.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    May 16, 2012
    A worthy sequel that handles most of the original's shortcomings and adds a wonderful survival mode… but would have made a more appealing offer, if there was more content and co-op support. [May 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Mar 22, 2012
    Shank 2 is an interesting platformer with a unique visual style, but gets tired pretty quickly. Extreme difficulty will probably discourage many gamers. [March 2012]