Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Nov 29, 2011All general opinions of Shattered Horizon aside, here's what I have to say about the "Firepower" update:
It certainly does something for theAll general opinions of Shattered Horizon aside, here's what I have to say about the "Firepower" update:
It certainly does something for the game. A lot can be said for weapon versatility... and a lot of bad things can't be said when everyone has equal access (You don't buy them, upgrade them, or win them). Rather than the same automatic for everyone (which has its charm), there are a few to choose from, with varying stats for each (Rate of Fire, Damage, Accuracy, Clip Size, Movement), including a 'suit-integration' property that defines whether the gun is more accurate while flying or while planted on a surface. A couple examples of new weapons are: Railgun! (Effectively a sniper rifle, with realistic reticle-bobbing) And Shotgun (Slight spread shot, Low clip size and rate of fire, high damage, etc).
"Firepower" also includes new grenade types. Now there are 6 all available during combat:
 - Ice Cloud ; Obscuring cloud of ice, blocks sight and radar.
 - EMP ; All affected players take temporary loss of radar and fluent suit function. Rather crippling.
 - MPR ; Pressure explosion that pushes players and objects away from it. "Sends them packing, etc"
 - Decoy ; Confuses enemy radar with decoy signals.
 - Flare ; Blinds folks! Emits a very bright light that makes everything else hard to see.
 - Pulse ; This emitter gives you another way of detecting enemies, even if they're 'Silent Running.'
You have six grenades each life that can be fired, regardless of which types you fire.
Also, the Melee Pick is upgraded to... Nah, that thing works just fine.
Overall, I feel the "Firepower" update is an awesome explosion of variety that does not destroy the bunker of fairness.… Expand