Shattered Union PC

6.3

1. May 23, 2011
    Game does not work for windows 7. A forum stated that regedit could make your computer think it has less than 2GB of ram and it would then play but that effects the rest of the system. I wish it played- I love these games. Dev needs to update.

boooo! 0/10
  2. PeterT.
    Jan 3, 2006
    Most fun I've had at the computer in a long time.....really like the mix of strategic and tactical (deciding how many forces to commit and how many to reserve).......battles are great.
  3. JasonH.
    Nov 3, 2005
    I like this game. I have played games for over 2 decades now (old, sigh) and enjoy the gamut from CIV 1-4 to Space Empires to Hex-based Wargames. This game is definitely "beer and pretzels" but I think it gets more "right" than the magazine reviewers are saying. It does lack a strategic game level - but the tactical is great. The map controls take a bit of getting used to (don't know I like this game. I have played games for over 2 decades now (old, sigh) and enjoy the gamut from CIV 1-4 to Space Empires to Hex-based Wargames. This game is definitely "beer and pretzels" but I think it gets more "right" than the magazine reviewers are saying. It does lack a strategic game level - but the tactical is great. The map controls take a bit of getting used to (don't know why they didn't include a rotate option) but aren't hard to get used to - and it is easy to tell where "attacks of opportunity" occur from if you pay attention and use scouts. All in all I give it an 8 - it definitely would be higher with diplomacy/strategic level - but part of its charm is its simplicity. Expand
  4. LinksterM.
    Dec 5, 2005
    A truely great turn based strategy game based on the Panzer Gereral engine. Nice story line.
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    This is very good strategy. Why critics has given so low points?

1. The controls are confusing and encumbering but they’re not impossible to get used to so, given a bit of dedication you might just find that you budding generals out there might get all the right buttons pushed with this game.
    There's the core of a truly great beer-&-pretzels wargame in here, and strategy gamers looking for a light, enjoyable romp through a ruined United States will have a lot of fun with Shattered Union, particularly in multiplayer. It's just that -- as with most political promises -- what the game is simply doesn't match up to what it could have been.
  3. Despite some flaws with its strategic game, Shattered Union is a fun, turn-based wargame that anyone can pick up and enjoy.