Shining Force PC

8.7

1. Jan 10, 2015
    I may be biased (as this is the first tactical RPG I ever played and I have a lot of nostalgic feelings for this game), however, this game is amazing on it's own right. This is the RPG that grew the love in me for future titles such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, and even JRPGs in general.

The story is great, the characters are memorable (for the most part), and the music has a very general nostalgic feel about it. Among all that, is the gameplay, which in itself is standing on this huge dazzling mountain called the tactical RPG genre. The turn-based gameplay (somewhat reminiscent of board games in which each player has their turn to make a move except there are several characters to move in a turn) is phenomenal and presumably becomes the inspiration for the great turn-based RPGs mentioned above.

tl;dr: Good story, memorable and distinct characters, good music, the pinnacle of turn-based RPGs.

There are no critic reviews yet.