6.3

1. May 18, 2014
    A scam. This game is far too expensive for what it is. Of course you have lots of boats, lots of missions, lots of settings such as weather. But all this is only done to alleviate your boredom. This game has a shelf life of about 30 minutes. In short, go your way, this game is too expensive, and not even worth to be played.
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    This game is a ship simulator as much as GTA is a car simulator. This is yet another disappointing simulator game I bought in a bundle. You can open the map set a waypoint, turn the autopilot on and speed up, do your job, set the waypoint and proceed. Boring boring boring.
  3. May 19, 2013
    Ship Simulator Extremes is a game that i have fun messing about with, i would recommend the game to fans of the Ship Simulator series, but to no one else as it is hard to get into
  4. Mar 17, 2013
    this game is fun but it dose not have the titanic or the mega yacht if they aded it i would love it my souloution to no titanic or mega yacht is buy ship sim 2006 for 12,99 on the website
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    This is a superb representation of ships and the sea. For a very modest price it gives you virtually a professional simulator on a PC. It is demanding eg reverse docking a cross-channel ferry in the tiny harbour at Dover needs patience and practice to avoid damaging the ship or demolishing the jetty. Piloting a huge container vessel around the Sydney harbour complex demonstrates howThis is a superb representation of ships and the sea. For a very modest price it gives you virtually a professional simulator on a PC. It is demanding eg reverse docking a cross-channel ferry in the tiny harbour at Dover needs patience and practice to avoid damaging the ship or demolishing the jetty. Piloting a huge container vessel around the Sydney harbour complex demonstrates how difficult visibility is on these huge ships and how difficult it can be to manoeuvre them both turning and speed changes require careful planning. On ships with azimuth thrusters rather than rudder and screws, there is a totally new "feel" to the controls. The level of detail and the faithfulness to the reality of the ship and its handling characteristics is hugely rewarding and addictive. If you love ships, you will love the Ship Sim series there is nothing else remotely like it.

Incidently, I run win XP on a 2.7Ghz Athlon with 3.25 Gbytes of RAM and an Nvidea Geforce GTX260 and the software runs fine on this modest middle of the road box.

There is no pretence here of giving anyone an unrealistic arcade game this is the real simulation of driving and manoeuvring a ship on the ocean and in some of the world's major ports. It's a great offering well done Vstep!
  6. Jun 8, 2012
    Would be a good game but the computer required to play this game smoothly has to be very good, even running a 6g ram i3 core laptop isn't enough to play this game on low quality smoothly. This game is very realistic. As long as you have a really good computer then this isbe a very good game for anyone who likes simulation games, if you don't then you may find this game boring.

a good or

a good or bad game depending on what games you enjoy playing and how good your computer is.
  7. Jan 31, 2011
    The review that stated "though newcomers will have some trouble knowing how to operate everything" may have been correct, but there is no excuse not to purchase this game now. Besides, there are more walkthroughs and helpful tips now than back in August.

p.s. It's 65% on Steam.
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    Extremes is a very good sim althought v-step have problems with the release of this latest release
    they are working hard to make the sim everthing the player exspects from the game.
    They have allready released 2 patches for the game and are still working to get the sim on track witch is more than some company's do . So for me this is one of the best ship simulator's uot and can only get
    witch is more than some company's do .
    So for me this is one of the best ship simulator's uot and can only get better Sadsid
  9. Oct 28, 2010
    Ship Simulator Extremes is a is e weary good and realistic ship simulator game from V-Step, you can sail different ships in many different environments, Sidney, Bora Bora, New York Solent Cornwall ETC you can sail all type of ship big container ship, gas tanker, oil tanker, ferry's, small speedboat and more
  10. Sep 22, 2010
    This has to be the most disappointing purchase in many years for me.

The game lacks any kind of depth and is unashamedly a "work in progress". You have a small selection of ship types and tiny areas to play with the boats in. The only controls you have is steering, thrusters and speed. All of the detailed controls are images only and you can't interact with them. Rarely do I feel as
    This has to be the most disappointing purchase in many years for me.

Rarely do I feel as ripped off as I do with this game - there's just nothing to it. I have seen more realistic iPhone Ship games than this. To call it a simulation is a downright lie.
  11. Sep 22, 2010

1. Oct 27, 2010
    Love ship sims? This won't actually scratch you niche itch. [Dec 2010, p.62]
  2. The "extreme" scenarios help make the game more exciting, rather than just sailing from point A to point B, though newcomers will have some trouble knowing how to operate everything, since a tutorial is nowhere to be found.
  3. Ship Simulator Extremes suffers from an out-dated look and a disappointing lack of technical depth. The attempt to appeal to a wide audience fails due to the mediocre implementation of both ship simulation and compelling action.