6.7

1. Nov 20, 2012
    I was a big fan of the original Colonization, and this remake did not disappoint. It's based on the same engine as Civ IV, so definitely a graphics upgrade. The gameplay is similar, perhaps not quite as deep as the original Colonization in some areas, but better in others. Overall, if you liked the original, get this version for sure. If you never played the original, your in for a treatI was a big fan of the original Colonization, and this remake did not disappoint. It's based on the same engine as Civ IV, so definitely a graphics upgrade. The gameplay is similar, perhaps not quite as deep as the original Colonization in some areas, but better in others. Overall, if you liked the original, get this version for sure. If you never played the original, your in for a treat with this. Expand
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    Outstanding game! With all of the DLC (expansion stuff) this game is great... Civilization II was awesome, but I think that Civilization 4 is the best of the series.
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    If you love the original Colonization like I am, you will love this updated version. It is instant buy when it goes on sale. More of the same original, and that's the best part.
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    I don't really understand all the negative criticism, because I for one love this game. I purchased Colonization about a year ago and then decided a few months later to purchase Civ IV: The Complete Edition, and I actually enjoy Colonization more. Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that, but don't flame a game just because you don't like it or it didn't meet your expectations.I don't really understand all the negative criticism, because I for one love this game. I purchased Colonization about a year ago and then decided a few months later to purchase Civ IV: The Complete Edition, and I actually enjoy Colonization more. Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that, but don't flame a game just because you don't like it or it didn't meet your expectations. This is a super fun game with lots of replay value. Great job Sid! 10/10. Expand

1. The random map generator, several unique factions and difficulty levels, and many approaches to the ultimate goal of independence give Colonization as much replay value as any title you care to name. [Oct 2008, p.112]
    What is particularly interesting about Colonization, as against the Civ games, is the relationships between the different factions. There isn't, for example, the same emphasis on war.
  3. If you missed Col the first time around (and most of you probably did), now is an excellent chance to pick it up and dive into the colonial era. [Nov 2008, p.62]