Sid Meier's Pirates! PC

8.3

1. BenD.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Fun for about three hours. The swordfights, dances, land and sea battles, and basic sailing are extremely repetitive. The graphics are cartoonish, the subplots are juvenile, and each quest becomes a 30-minute chore. This game does not deserve the high rating it received.
  2. EivindO
    Jan 12, 2010
    Massively overrated. Gets boring really fast, if you ever played Port Royale. I might have digged it if I was 15 years younger.
  3. Kopschmigger
    Oct 22, 2008
    Its a good game .. but it gets REALLY REPETITIVE after some time ! the story line is just about doing the same thing over and over again until you get all the parts.... I liked it in the beginning. Please don't rate this game if you havent playied for more than 3 days or so ( it gets repetitive before that .. but whatever ). Totally overrated
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    The game is very much like the Mount and Blade series but it is sooooo repetitive! The game very overrated as it really does not have much to offer, after a few cannon and sword fight I really sad to discover that this was the only thing to do in the game. The graphics have really dated and I don't like the cartoon style at all, in fact I feel as if they where trying to keep the game childThe game is very much like the Mount and Blade series but it is sooooo repetitive! The game very overrated as it really does not have much to offer, after a few cannon and sword fight I really sad to discover that this was the only thing to do in the game. The graphics have really dated and I don't like the cartoon style at all, in fact I feel as if they where trying to keep the game child friendly for some reason. Expand
  5. Sep 22, 2013
    I have to agree with the negative reviews on this one. Although it's a fun game, that fun factor only lasts for a few plays. Despite their being a main story, it's very repetitive. Chasing around the villains to restore your missing family and the dancing mini games are more tedious than fun. A very overrated remake of a popular Sid Classic. If you want a good pirate game, avoid this one,I have to agree with the negative reviews on this one. Although it's a fun game, that fun factor only lasts for a few plays. Despite their being a main story, it's very repetitive. Chasing around the villains to restore your missing family and the dancing mini games are more tedious than fun. A very overrated remake of a popular Sid Classic. If you want a good pirate game, avoid this one, and play Pirates of the Burning Sea or Age of Pirates. 3/10. Expand
  6. Warmonger
    Jul 24, 2005
    Repetitive garbage....just like most of his other games!! When is this guy going to come out with something" new"?? What a disappointment...What a waste of money!!!
  7. Jun 21, 2011
    Total Rubbish, boring, poor visuals, repetitive. Totally overrated, I just don't know how they give it 88, a score similar to half-life 2! I Would not finish this gave if you paid me too, 0 / 10.

Won't appeal to everyone, but if you're nostalgic for the original or like unstructured and open-ended games, this booty is well worth seeking. Yarrr!
  2. There's really only one word to describe Sid Meier's Pirates! and that's 'charming'. The excellent presentation, clever gameplay design and exquisite pacing mark it out as a unique and well thought out game. It's full of confidence and style, eager to impress and even if it won't keep you playing for months on end, is bound to provide an enjoyable experience while it lasts.
  3. Its huge open-endedness does an excellent job of establishing the proper atmosphere while the balance of combat and economy produces a quality strategy title. It does, however, have its problems. Open-ended gameplay can lead to a lack of focus, and this game is very light on tutorial, how-to material which creates a somewhat larger than average learning curve; preventing me from recommending Pirate's to all gamers as a whole.