8.2

1. Nov 1, 2014
    One of Sid Meier`s best games, which is high praise indeed. Probably one of the best golf games ever made as well, and one you can enjoy even if you hate golf. Designing your own course from scratch, managing the club`s economy, developing your avatar`s golf skills in practice rounds and even full competitions and managing the level of enjoyment of your guests and members is veryOne of Sid Meier`s best games, which is high praise indeed. Probably one of the best golf games ever made as well, and one you can enjoy even if you hate golf. Designing your own course from scratch, managing the club`s economy, developing your avatar`s golf skills in practice rounds and even full competitions and managing the level of enjoyment of your guests and members is very addictive. Amazingly it takes ages for it to even start to become repetitive.
    I think my favorite part of the game though is the ranking system the game uses for your holes. Far from letting you build holes willy nilly, TGA requirements mean you have to build varied holes, both in length, par levels, bends and topography while also making them attractive. Make too many similar holes and your customers will get bored and quit; make too many easy holes and they will get bored and quit; make too many hard holes and they will become frustrated and quit. You also have employees weeding your greens and fairways, selling soda and food as well as service buildings of various kinds. Even celebrity homes!
    Depending on all these factors and quite a few more besides, holes come in many different categories. To make a perfect course you need at least some of everything to build a challenging course of the required length and to keep happy customers. It is quite a challenge in a game which is incredibly simple to learn and have fun with. This is how computer games are supposed to be made!

Try it immediately if you haven`t already.
  2. IanC.
    Mar 30, 2002
    I tell you enough about how much FUN this game is. SimGolf has eaten up hours if not days of my time. While it might seem odd that a game of Golf could do such a thing, it's only understandable that men like Sid Meier and Will Wright could accomplish the nigh-impossible feat of making a game of golf enjoyable to even those who loathe the game. After playing this game, I no longer I tell you enough about how much FUN this game is. SimGolf has eaten up hours if not days of my time. While it might seem odd that a game of Golf could do such a thing, it's only understandable that men like Sid Meier and Will Wright could accomplish the nigh-impossible feat of making a game of golf enjoyable to even those who loathe the game. After playing this game, I no longer looked at Golf the same way. I'm completely in love with everything about the sport, thanks to the game. Expand
  3. B-Dog
    Nov 3, 2004
    Very fun game, I like it a lot. After a while it gets repetitive, but it is stil fun. if you have this game at home and you are bored, it is not a bad game to play.
  4. MarianaJ.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Very addictive game.
  5. MikeG.
    Feb 12, 2002
    This game almost has it all... It's somewhat challenging, and never boring as you can play rounds when there's out much happening, but a super-easy learning curve and cartoony graphics cause a minor dent.
  6. AndrewC.
    Jun 19, 2002
    Hard to describe. Would be perfect if the Sandbox Mode made about 40% of the game useless, but the regular game is incredible. Highly recommended.
  7. Exza
    Jun 27, 2006
    Most computer games can play only 2 or 3 months and you'll get bored. This game is not the same. I can play longer than that. I think it's very fun. If your someone that likes to play sim games, I think this is the very good one you should try.
  8. BradCoolio
    Sep 26, 2006
    Extremely fun game, but can get old.
  9. Jan 9, 2012
    A classic. Awesome. The best golf tycoon game, tons of fun. If you ever played golf in real life will like even more.

1. It's a virtual, and literal, bummer. SimGolf is a fantastic game, by far Meier's most playful project to date, marred by all-too typical PC game glitches.
  2. An interesting and very playable game...not as much as Civilization or the The Sims, but good nonetheless.
  3. SimGolf was surprisingly good, however, and before I knew it, hours had passed and I was sitting on top of a small 9-hole course, screaming at my pro to sink a 5-foot putt.