9.0

1. Nov 16, 2013
    I never cam across a Silent Hill that i didnt like. Hope til this day, 2013 in november, that silent hill series keeps going and wont stop. I play this game mostly to reminisce to, i use to play it 10 years ago when i was only 8 or 9. I will always have this game on my shelf, same version for pc and ps2 sitting right next to number 4 until i die.
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    A great powerful world and a great immersive environment. The graphic design is a real revolution and the sound design just perfect. A pur survial horror.
  3. Sep 14, 2010
    If you get to know that this game released the same year that Max Payne 2 came out, the control and camera might feel pretty frustrating to you as a PC game. But the thing is, it was originally designed for PS2, and another thing is, that if the camera were free to move, it wouldn't have been so scary. You know everytime you turn around a corner, the atmosphere reaches its highest tide.

Combat can be problematic at times and AI is very random; however, using whatever method to avoid being attacked and never stopping running is the point of this game.

The excellence of its story is hard to figure out and to appreciate within just one or two playthroughs. At first it seems dumb, but after you got the true story hidden behind those little ingame details, you will find it excessively scary and haunting.

Some of the best puzzles also happen here, backed up by amazing graphics (and the visual was revolutionary, and oddly it still looks stunning by today's standards). Better compatibility than SH2 as well.

1. You'll frequently dodge the oafish enemies instead of fighting. [Mar 2004, p.84]
  2. But raising the levels of difficulty for both will not only make the game hard to play, as the rewards you can gain make up for that. Finishing the game on various levels of difficulty again, you can obtain various bonus weapons and even a bonus ending.
  3. Need I remind you that Silent Hill 2 failed to deliver a truly lasting horror experience on the PC. To our disappointment Silent Hill 3 doesn't expand on that aspect any further.