Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific PC

• Release Date: Mar 20, 2007
6.4

1. Steve
    Apr 28, 2007
    Game is filled with bugs. Two patches have been released and there are still serious issues. It was released unfinished and untested. for example, in career mode, there is a bug that will not let you end your patrol in Brisbane, thus forcibly ending your career/game in 1943. I want my money back.
  2. jwiles
    Jul 25, 2009
    I've played and enjoyed Silent Hunter 3 for some time now and was really looking forward to SH4. But, it's fundamentally broken. The list of bugs and glitches could fill several telephone books. Massive load times and graphics which aren't that much better that SH3 all add up to make this a very poor game. Avoid at all costs!
  3. Daisail
    Dec 5, 2009
    Cheating AI Game mechanics not having much use. Attacks not working when they should. Game interface to laggy and not responding properly. Graphics are average. Missions are the same mostly and so random that you sometimes get missions that cant be done. Having to sink 7000 tons of shipping in a area where there is never any shipping.
  4. Matt
    May 21, 2007
    I'm a big fan of the previous Silent Hunter titles, and was positivly drooling when i got this thro the post. However, upon playing the game for the first time, found it to be so buggy that it proved to be unplayable. Ok, I thought, they'll release some patches that'ff fix it up in no time! However, after the release of the second patch, news has hit hhe SSIV forums that , I'm a big fan of the previous Silent Hunter titles, and was positivly drooling when i got this thro the post. However, upon playing the game for the first time, found it to be so buggy that it proved to be unplayable. Ok, I thought, they'll release some patches that'ff fix it up in no time! However, after the release of the second patch, news has hit hhe SSIV forums that , Despite the latest patch still leaving a host of bugs, UBI are debating whether or not to bother with a 1.3 patch!! So my advice, although the game has great potential, until UBI face facts and provide some support to its community, then u should never EVER buy this product. (or indeed maybe any other UBI product?) In short. Great potential, but made unplayable due to bugs that seem to never be fixed. Expand
  5. May 28, 2012
    After numerous patches this game still contains game crippling bugs. Silent Hunter 3 is still the high water mark for the series. I'd also like to point out how unhelpful and unfriendly the official forum for this game is.

A brilliant submarine simulation that manages that rarest of balancing acts: providing instant accessibility to the newbies out there while still managing to provide enough detail and realism for the core grognard fan base. It does this by focusing on the decisions rather than the details of submarine operation.
  2. Silent Hunter features countless bugs you'll find on every machine, and this is unforgivable. It's a betrayal to a loyal fanbase and a detriment to gaining new fans. Unfortunately, it's also an exact replay of what happened two years ago when Silent Hunter III shipped. Deja'vu all over again, as Yogi Berra once said.
  3. An excellent simulation of World War II submarine warfare in the Pacific.