8.9

1. Apr 21, 2014
    One of the greatest Turn based strategy games (y) the game still looks good after 11 year .Fully destructible environments : Amazing level design . 10/10
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    Played this years ago and if you love xcom/jagged alliance/fallout tactics, you will love this game! Its more of a challenge than modern games so be prepared!

Also this classic game just got the greenlight and has been released on steam, now a new generation of gamers can enjoy this classic!
  3. Oct 29, 2012
    This game is Jagged Alliance on steroids. Unfortunately in 2012 its next to impossible to find a copy of it anymore and the publisher seems to be gone from the web?. Also you will have trouble trying to install in on anything other than Windows XP (though with effort I did get it to work on Vista). Anyway I loved it and played it right through to the end about 3 times (thats like 3This game is Jagged Alliance on steroids. Unfortunately in 2012 its next to impossible to find a copy of it anymore and the publisher seems to be gone from the web?. Also you will have trouble trying to install in on anything other than Windows XP (though with effort I did get it to work on Vista). Anyway I loved it and played it right through to the end about 3 times (thats like 3 months of after work gametime). My copy is like gold, no I will not sell it to you. Expand
  4. Dec 26, 2011
    Silent Storm is one of the best turn based strategy games so far - even though it was release 7 years ago, it's still great to play! I would really like to see S2 2.0 released, one of my favorite games so far!
  5. AndresR.
    Mar 31, 2004
    IT´s very cool game i liked it ......
  6. JasonH.
    Jan 25, 2004
    I am an old-school game player since the 70s. I HIGHLY recommend this game. The physics model, the turn based gameplay, and the tactical depth make it a must have! The game IS short on story and "being fleshed out" but is still worth every dime in today's market of twitch games. While it falls short of being the next X-com or Jagged Alliance, it will more than satisfy if you enjoy I am an old-school game player since the 70s. I HIGHLY recommend this game. The physics model, the turn based gameplay, and the tactical depth make it a must have! The game IS short on story and "being fleshed out" but is still worth every dime in today's market of twitch games. While it falls short of being the next X-com or Jagged Alliance, it will more than satisfy if you enjoy deep tactical level warfare in an environment that is destructible. The AI is decent, nothing amazing, but not suicidally stuipid either. I give this game a 9 and would have given a 10 if it had been more fleshed out in terms of dialogue and story. Expand
  7. EmilC.
    Jan 23, 2004
    Only faults of silent storm is hardware optimisation and few problems with path settings all other things are great expecaly destroyable soroundings everybody who loves turn based strategies should take it and wont regret. Brilliant!!!
  8. JimmusM.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Command a small squad of five other specialists (sniper, medic, grenadier, engineer, soldier or scout) in various World War II missions. Generally, turn-based combat games turned me off, with meticulous unit placement and dull graphics. Silent Storm just changed the face of turn-based tactical games forever. From the extensive custom character creation screen, to the totally destructable Command a small squad of five other specialists (sniper, medic, grenadier, engineer, soldier or scout) in various World War II missions. Generally, turn-based combat games turned me off, with meticulous unit placement and dull graphics. Silent Storm just changed the face of turn-based tactical games forever. From the extensive custom character creation screen, to the totally destructable environments, I'm loving this game. I played the Close Combat series a few years ago, and while the gameplay was definately fun, you were left with very poor graphics; your soldiers being tiny little pixels on a mostly-overhead map. The graphics on Silent Storm are wonderful. Fully three-dimensionally rendered, with a free-roaming camera to give you a view of the battle from ANY angle. (You can turn off the computer's "cinematic" auto-panning, which I found to be more distracting than useful.) Character graphics are rendered in great detail, including some of the "load-out" of equipment they are carrying, so you can see belt-clips of certain ammo, and hand grenades or tools hanging on their belt. I was even impressed the way a character would bend their legs and body realistically depending on what angle of a surface they were standing upon. The custom character screen and lip-sync technology system used have been the subject of many online articles. It is obvious a lot of attention went into the characters. Just about every "fragile" object in the world can be shot, blown up, or destroyed. Can't get to an enemy because he's behind a brick wall? Toss a grenade at the wall, and not only will the wall be damaged, but often the enemy that was hiding behind it. In one game, I had an enemy on the third floor of a building that I could not get to. I simply blew the floors out from under him, and the entire building collapsed, causing him to fall to the basement and die. I don't believe that any game before has given you that kind of freedom and ability to use the environment to your advantage. Certainly there are a few bugs, many of which are addressed in the 1.02 patch, but overall, the game plays well "out of the box". There is an overwhelming number of weapons available, with you being able to pick up an enemy's weapons if you run out of ammo for yours, but there were some glaring omissions which might have been nice, like smoke grenades. The only major gripe I have is that the character phrases (which are different for each character) range from silly to downright lame. Luckily, they can be turned off. Because of the random placement on a map, and wide variety of options for character actions, you can really approach any situation in a number of ways. This has got to be the best turn-based tactical game I have ever played! Definitely a contender for Game of the Year. Expand

1. An alloy of several winning gaming formulas, combing great graphics, wonderful sound, and deep, engrossing game play. And though it may not appeal right away to those of short attention spans, given a chance, you’ll find yourself being sucked into it, enjoying it to its fullest extent.
  2. The turn-based system feels very artificial and makes gameplay very slow at times...If Silent Storm had a better time system, it could have been a classic. [Feb 2004, p.112]
  3. Refreshingly different, Silent Storm is a must-own for fans of the squad-tactics genre. [Mar 2004, p.61]