Silverfall PC

6.4

1. Dec 27, 2014
    cant compare to games of present time. Once you get the tutorial out of the way, get over the few bugs in controlling. if you go to wrong area or come across the wrong mob in this game your dead.but it has great character development and looks great for its age and is extremly fun to play..highly recommended if your an action rpg fan, or just need game with beautiful feeling and story.
  2. ErnoS.
    Apr 28, 2007
    if the game delivers what the demo promises, we're going to see a pearl that is quite unique in atmophere as well as in outlook, in a fresh, immersing way. Definitively worth it's price.
  3. JebP.
    Apr 21, 2007
    This is a good Diablo style game lots of goodies and is longer than I expected and the only problem I had was the was getting stuck on an invisible ledge and having to teleport back to a town controls a little quirky but other than that it is a really good game.
  4. TerenP.
    Mar 30, 2007
    A really great game, the only thing I didn't like was the camera, but only sometimes.
  5. JaredA.
    Mar 26, 2007
    This game is did exactly what it was suppose to. Give u a ton of mobs to kill, and a ton of loot to get, all while you improve your character. Nothing innovative about it really but it doesn't matter. There doesn't need to be. The formula the diablo used was good then, and is good now. This is basically a more open world version of diablo, very similar to sacred if you have This game is did exactly what it was suppose to. Give u a ton of mobs to kill, and a ton of loot to get, all while you improve your character. Nothing innovative about it really but it doesn't matter. There doesn't need to be. The formula the diablo used was good then, and is good now. This is basically a more open world version of diablo, very similar to sacred if you have played that. Great fun, I've been at it for 2 straight days without stopping. There are a few down points. No way to to remap controls makes it kinda hard to get used to, and the first few hours of the game have a steep learning curve. Really its just due to how weak your character is, then a learning curve. The game doesn't really scale back the size of the encounters, and until you have good crowd control or AOE abilities, its rough. But that changes come aroudn lvl 10 or so and it realy gets fun. If your liked diablo, sacred, titan quest, etc, you will LOVE silverfall. Its hack n slash RPG at its best. Expand
  6. SmackJ.
    Mar 22, 2007
    Probably the greatest hack n slash game since Diablo and what I've been waiting for.
  7. JeremyAnderson
    Mar 22, 2007
    The demo kept me engrossed for an entire day. In fact, I was having so much fun playing, that it took me a while to notice that I was no longer earning experience once I hit level 14. This is because the demo is capped at 15. Even so, I really wanted to finish my quests.

There are some annoying things, such as game mechanics not being explained (like why your party can only equip items in some slots, and where you have to go to resurrect them when they die), but there's lilttle that compares with the sheer joy of acquiring a berzerker, giving him your best 1H weapons, and watching him tear through enemies it takes you forever to defeat on your own.
    I really enjoy the classless system, how all skills are available to all players with no cost penalites... it allows you to really build out a hyper-custom character, like that elemental mage/archer/necromancer who wields a 2H mace and giggles with glee. Never seen another skill system as truly flexible as this one in an action RPG. I give it two thumbs up, despite the bugs (those can be patched). Also, the game is *beautiful* to look at, especially when you zoom into the over-the-shoulder view and go trapsing around the marshes. Stunning!
  8. MarcoT.
    Mar 21, 2007
    Good game play. Graphics can be beter, however the game play makes it all good. I have been waiting for such a game since I left Diablo years ago!
  9. KenLin
    Mar 20, 2007
    plays like d2 (hack n' slash) but not as fast paced and not as fastand easy to catch on.
    Also the multiplayer is quite unique in that online campaign only allows specific 8 ppl to play to keep the game at steady pace. (pretty cool if i had friends -_- )
    Free play only lets you do side quests and not main, so youd have to do main quest on own in singleplayer and then bring it over to free play online. Graphics arent the greatest but its still pretty good. Lotsa of treasure in game and itll be even cooler when they add-in the unique items like they have in d2 in the upcoming patches!

Silverfall is not particularly a bad game, it just is not a groundbreaking game in a genre that has had several heavyweights that still shine to this very day. The game has a handful of irritating bugs that you would typically never see in other games, and ultimately hurts the final product. There is still plenty of enjoyment to be found with Silverfall though.
  2. Frequent levelling and plentiful and varied loot give Silverfall a definite momentum; the blend of worlds and the inventiveness of some of the creatures give it a modicum of novelty. This is an easy game to get swept along by, but, largely because of those serried foes, it's also an easy game to walk away from. [Apr 2007, p.82]
  3. PC Format
    An unexpectedly charming diversion of a game, but one that ultimatey fails to deliver on its early promise. A shame, really. [Apr 2007, p.62]