SimCity 4 PC

8.7

1. GuilhemC
    Feb 3, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever played in my intire life! one of the best parts of the game is destroying the city with the ufo, robots, meteors and so on..... BUY IT!
    Jan 16, 2003
    Not just an evolutionary step, a truly revolutionary one! Far more immersive than past efforts, and as much micro management as you want (or don't). Perfect!
  3. K.W.
    Jan 31, 2005
    One of the best computer games ever made! Such a great timekiller!
  4. WaltB
    Oct 29, 2009
    This is a good game that has become excellent over time with additional PC processing power, graphics and even user-made add-ons. Probably the deepest and best City simulator of all time.
  5. Dec 29, 2013
    The perfect city-building simulation game! I've spent SO many hours of my childhood making cities and destroying them, that I lost track years ago. I've always held this game in a special place in my heart, and for good reason. It's very well constructed, it seems accurate enough (from a citizen's standpoint), the graphics do not disappoint for it's time period, the gameplay isThe perfect city-building simulation game! I've spent SO many hours of my childhood making cities and destroying them, that I lost track years ago. I've always held this game in a special place in my heart, and for good reason. It's very well constructed, it seems accurate enough (from a citizen's standpoint), the graphics do not disappoint for it's time period, the gameplay is exhilarating and keeps you on your toes. It feels great to be in control of a city of hundreds of thousands of people (for me, even a million!). It makes you feel accurately powerful and that you've truly accomplished something. I played this SimCity before any of the others, but I believe this one's the best either way. The control and interface is spot-on perfect, and all of the utilities and missions you can do keep you interested for hours and hours! There was so much promise in this game series, as this was in my top three all-time favorite games growing up (before I got into Steam and such), but my god EA, SimCity 5 is probably the biggest gaming disappointment in my entire life. Expand
  6. WilliamG.
    Jan 3, 2005
    Best sim city ever created!!!!!
  7. NickM.
    Mar 20, 2007
    Awesome game, its about as realistic as a game can get as far as strategy....the only thing keeping it from being a ten is some slight technical problems: it takes forever to load, it occasionally has some freezing problems....but the problems aren't major enough for me to stop playin it....its worth it.
  8. LuisL.
    Apr 20, 2003
    C'est magnifique.
  9. JosephJ.
    Apr 26, 2004
    NICE!!!
  10. KevinG.
    Oct 25, 2006
    It took me three goes to get it right but eventually I got my city off the ground. But the budgeting is ridiculous in this game, you should have more sources of income to counterbalance the seemingly enourmous drains of utilities, services etc. But other wise a great game maybe too hard for someone not used to the previous titles.
  11. JoshH.
    Apr 5, 2006
    Superb they must make a fith game. Not sure which is better, 3000 or 4 but who cares, buy this game(and its expansion, makes it way better) BUY IT
  12. SamF.
    Sep 24, 2006
    Once you start playing your hooked... trying to balance out money, your sims happiness and all the available infrastructure is an amazing feat. Best yet.
  13. GOD
    Jan 15, 2003
    Endorsed by me!
  14. LenaS.
    Nov 3, 2004
    Beatiful graphics & feeling, a great timekiller!
  15. JacobK.
    Apr 24, 2004
    This game was weird when I first played it becouse almost nothing is based on tiles. then i found out you can make tress in exact spots it takes time to make stuff, it makes it seem like when you make something, that it falls from the sky, you can see people everywhere practicle, and that you can terraform before you start your city for free in god mode. You start with $100,000. Its justThis game was weird when I first played it becouse almost nothing is based on tiles. then i found out you can make tress in exact spots it takes time to make stuff, it makes it seem like when you make something, that it falls from the sky, you can see people everywhere practicle, and that you can terraform before you start your city for free in god mode. You start with $100,000. Its just overloaded my brain with fun. when i quit and walked out of my room i think i found a little pice of my brain by the light switch(LOL). Expand
  16. Mar 21, 2013
    An incredible game, it has kept me entertained for so many years making cities is very fun and the simulation is quite deep and complex, but sitll retaining a fair difficulty level for those less patient (coming from someone who plays in Rush Hour). Great Sim City.
  17. Sep 3, 2012
    I can honestly admit that I have spent way too much of my life playing this game. I may have taken a few months or maybe even a year break but going back and playing this game is still fun. The best SimCity to date, far better graphics with an array of options and much improved game play. The mechanics of this game are brilliant and are actually pretty darn realistic in comparison to how aI can honestly admit that I have spent way too much of my life playing this game. I may have taken a few months or maybe even a year break but going back and playing this game is still fun. The best SimCity to date, far better graphics with an array of options and much improved game play. The mechanics of this game are brilliant and are actually pretty darn realistic in comparison to how a real city may be. Another amazing thing about this game is fact that there are thousands of mods, buildings, and cities available for download online that REALLY adds some serious amount of content. Also, I am seriously more excited about SimCity 5 than any other game coming out, it will be epic! Expand
  18. Jul 30, 2013
    To this day, still the best city building simulation (and certainly so much better than the lastest Sim City). Sim City 4 lets you play God and create your own region, terrain, and of course cities. Design, build, destroy your own cities, so much fun. Gets repetitive, but only after something like 50 or more hours once you have discovered all the special buildings. And then you can stillTo this day, still the best city building simulation (and certainly so much better than the lastest Sim City). Sim City 4 lets you play God and create your own region, terrain, and of course cities. Design, build, destroy your own cities, so much fun. Gets repetitive, but only after something like 50 or more hours once you have discovered all the special buildings. And then you can still gets dozens of great mods for this game. Definitely recommendable for anyone who from time to time feels like actually creating stuff in a videogame rather than destroying. Expand
  19. Dec 8, 2013
    Over a decade on there is nothing that comes close to SimCIty 4. The map size is huge, the detail and graphics are beautiful especially at night-time and the core of the game is challenging but very rewarding. Starting as an agricultural city with high profit ratios, your city expands and many of the corresponding issues that plague big cities build up till you find yourself trying toOver a decade on there is nothing that comes close to SimCIty 4. The map size is huge, the detail and graphics are beautiful especially at night-time and the core of the game is challenging but very rewarding. Starting as an agricultural city with high profit ratios, your city expands and many of the corresponding issues that plague big cities build up till you find yourself trying to juggle all your cities demands. Unlike previous and future SimCity games this one is enthralling from start till...we always which can become a problem for ones social life. I consider this to be a perfect game. Expand
  20. DiogoC
    Jun 28, 2008
    The improved graphics and the marvelous taste of challenge makes this the best SimCity ever!
  21. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is stunning and so far ahead of its time it's crazy. Probably Maxis' finest achievement. Will anyone be playing SimCity2013 in 10 years?......
  22. Feb 8, 2013
    one of the best game i have played. you can create entire countries and continents, shape mountains an plains. and also create beautiful and intricate cities. many good things about this game, and a few cons of annoying advisers and bad pollution.
  23. Mar 7, 2013
    The last true simcity to be made. The epic culmination of the games that came before it, presented with perfect, goal driven gameplay, a steep learning curve that screamed out accomplishment! when you overcame it, so many hours, so much creativity to be had, easily moddable, one of the top 5 games ever made.
  24. Mar 10, 2013
    A city simulation that allows for total control and customization. Ten years later the game is still a huge hit with the modding community and still has plenty of replay value. I'm not sure there will ever be another city simulation game like this one.
  25. Mar 11, 2013
    One of the last good games published by EA before the next-gen consoles rolled around and shoved multiplayer and DLC down our throats.
    Fantastic soundtrack, fair gameplay, great terraforming controls, unlimited possibility... this game has it all in terms of simulations.
  26. CalebW.
    Jan 3, 2005
    The game in itself is great, but if you want more, you can make your own custom plugins such as buildings. For a sample of some of the custom content available, go to www.simtropolis.com and go to the exchange.
  27. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is so great simply because it has a HUGE, thriving modding community. You can literally re-create your hometown in exacting detail by downloading stores which exist just down the street. You can build the mega-city of your dreams and tie it to a region of other cities. Simple mods allow you to set city and region sizes as big or as small as you want. This game has all theThis game is so great simply because it has a HUGE, thriving modding community. You can literally re-create your hometown in exacting detail by downloading stores which exist just down the street. You can build the mega-city of your dreams and tie it to a region of other cities. Simple mods allow you to set city and region sizes as big or as small as you want. This game has all the functionality it should have, plus any mods you'd like to add. It is amazing how good this game is compared to SimCity 2013, which doesn't even have half the features this game does. It is also Origin (spyware) free, DRM free and you can save your game to your own computer! You don't need to log onto a server to play a single player game! Expand
  28. Mar 11, 2011
    Simcity 4 is a classic. The game's pretty hard but it really has the pure city simulation feel to it that the more recent city building games lack. The basis of Simcity 4 is rather complex and the source of a succesful city in the game is successful zoning of the three available zoning types; residential/industrial and commercial. Your city will boom with population and the economy asSimcity 4 is a classic. The game's pretty hard but it really has the pure city simulation feel to it that the more recent city building games lack. The basis of Simcity 4 is rather complex and the source of a succesful city in the game is successful zoning of the three available zoning types; residential/industrial and commercial. Your city will boom with population and the economy as you progress with carefully planned zoning. Simcity 4 also requires water supply, electricity and many other things to secure a fully stable city. The game is certainly not for begineers. The first time i played it i was like 'What the?!' and i went to playing average games like Simcity Societies and Cities XL 2011 though Citylife was a good one. Simcity 4 is the best game for those who really want a challenge and who want to built a realistic city using zoning, taxing and much, much more. There are few negative aspects to the game, other than its complexity and sometimes hard economy system but other than those minor issues, its a brilliant game and i recommend it to the more skilled and experienced simulation players. Expand
  29. Jul 20, 2012
    SimCity 4 is a great game. The graphics has been much improved since SimCity3000, are even by today standards are very good. Also they are rather realistic, not childish and colorful like in other similar games. The music is enjoyable to listen to and makes a great background for what you're doing. The game is not ridiculously hard, like some people say, but it is demanding, which for meSimCity 4 is a great game. The graphics has been much improved since SimCity3000, are even by today standards are very good. Also they are rather realistic, not childish and colorful like in other similar games. The music is enjoyable to listen to and makes a great background for what you're doing. The game is not ridiculously hard, like some people say, but it is demanding, which for me is a good thing, because more and more games tend to get easier these days.

It's also very enjoyable to play, whether you're trying to create a huge metropolis, or just watch your sims living in your city. The game is now 9yo, and whenever I get a new PC I'm reinstalling SimCity 4 on it, because it's always so fun to play. And then, there are mods. You can literally create an entirely new game with modifications, new buildings, better textures and so on, so If you're bored with std SimCity gameplay, you can always download dozens of new buildings and build yourself a truly custom city of your dreams, which is quite awesome!

There are some issues though. Fist of which is the lack of widescreen resolutions, which is common to all EA games from that time. It's also quite buggy, and tend to randomly crash with no apparent reason, so you have to remember to save your game often, otherwise you'll loose everything you have been working on. Also when your cities are growing bigger, the loading time is growing with them, so it can become very, very long.
  30. Feb 2, 2013
    Combining the superb strategy feeling and the exceptional good gameplay and you'll get the greatest SimCity ever made. Maxis has done a great job. A must have game for all SimCity fans and all the people who wants a citybuilding game!

1. Due to the presence of some stability and performance issues, as well as a few noticeably lacking features, SimCity 4 doesn't seem as polished as it could have been.
  2. Technical sim junkies will have a lot to build, destroy, and monitor, but newbies might want to run for shelter.
    Unfortunately the high system requirements and tedium of building will probably turn away hordes of players who otherwise would've had a great time.