2.1

1. Mar 13, 2013
    Besindes the server problems and all, don't people see that EA makes fun of us all? They want to sell us a game with features it doesn't have at all. Look: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Traffic-quot-AI-quot-This-is-why-services-and-traffic-are-broken/m-p/737060#U737060 There are no Sims living in your town. They are just mindless bots, going to the next free house and the next free shop and the next free working place. And this is why this game has so much flaws. Traffic jams, empty shops and casinos altough everything is full.

If you build a car lot besides a casino, no sim will go into the casino. They will take the bus to the next free shop. This game is mindless like any other EA games of the early past. Don't buy this stuff.
  2. Jul 21, 2013
    1. Game fundamental mechanism and logic is not working appropriately. Many bugs have not been resolved.
    2. Map size too small and annoying on-line DRM requirements. Developers are unwilling to change and indifferent to customer's complains and request.
    3. Greedy DLC business model. No modelling ability in spite of their false promise.
  3. Mar 13, 2013
    This release absolutely failed. Everything is bugged. I wonder, why other critics talking about, how game is so cool balanced, It's all a big lie. Problem is, you can build city without industry zone without any problem You don't have to even build commercial zones!!! How it's possible, they give it 100?

Anyway, i rated 0.
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    Compared to the depth of the former franchise, this is complete trash. But dont get me wrong, looks fabulous, random events frequent and less than properly animated. Online required to play? Must admit, i would give this a 3, then i see a 10 rating and nearly vomit all across my new desktop. Cant let that bowl of mindless sewage go unchallenged. Online required to play? Lets blow 100 bucks after dlc on a game that will only be around less than a year.
    *Opens original box to Sim City 2000* Yea, this still works and its at least 6 years old.

With the amount of DLC available on launch, this game should be free to play at the least.

How many game series can EA ruin before customers demand salvation? We wont find out...
    Because they will be lining there pockets while we rage behind there curtain of false advertisement.

(Second review, first was a bit sloppy)
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    SimCity is at its heart a single player game. For greedy EA to force always-on DRM on this franchise is frankly unforgiveable. When popularity of the servers goes down EA will pull the plug and your access to the game will be forever gone. Also gone are my ability to manage my own saves so out the window also goes the ability to experiment with your cities without permanently destroying your creations. The city size limits are abysmally small and are not compensated by connecting several of these small towns together. Not only are the cites small but the locations are fixed and unchangeable another very bad move. On top of all that terraforming has also been completely removed from the game. Now I can't shape the land to form my masterpiece. It feels like EA has killed my favorite city building game and replaced it with a cheap facebook imposter. Expand
  6. Mar 13, 2013
    Trash, EA should learn a lesson to listen to the consumers. Servers a horrible even after they fixed them. Game is buggy and featureless. I'll never bu another EA game again. And that's a shame because I was looking forward to battlefield 4. Just save your self the over priced asking price and use the $60 to buy Tropico 3, 4 and all the dlc along with cities xl 2013 for about $30 if you want a city simulator. Expand
  7. Mar 16, 2013
    It's been 10 days since game release and there are tons of bugs in this game. Of course unstable server roll backs your city and fail to load it later. My whole city just evaporated. Maxis is only adding more servers to solve problem but leaving behind rest of the problems. Still many servers are full with bad condition. I signed up metacritic to give 0 score on this game.
  8. Mar 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. always online drm doesn't let you play game because servers don't let you play the game*UPDATE REVIEW*...ok thats bad enough. but now find out there was NO REAL REASON FOR IT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525129 http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/14/modder-runs-simcity-offline-maxis-remains-silent/ eat a dick ea, can't believe I wasted my time and money on a game I can't play. never again. and maxis should be ashamed. *UPDATE REVIEW* servers mostly work now. but doesn't change that ea lied like a politician skin rug(like a rug but it lies more. think bearskin but slimy). never again ea customer. my review score would have gone up as they start fixing it if it weren't for ea's bull**** *UPDATE REVIEW* and now my key has been disabled by ea under false claims I started a chargeback....i hadn't but guess what I just did 10 seconds ago asshats? damnit metacritic. allow negative points in a review zero isn't low enough. it was so terrible I had to make an account here(no offense but I hate this site for some reason) just to review it. Expand
  9. Mar 14, 2013
    With the name Simcity you would expect a quality gaming experience. Sadly this is not the case with Simcity 5. Simcity 4 is a far superior game. Always on DRM is a massive pain, and to anyone who's ever played an EA game that required servers to authenticate you'll know those servers only stay on for so long. Will your game continue to play 10 years later like Simcity 4 did? Nope. Aside from the BS of their DRM the game is massively broken. Tiny building areas are one problem as well as the complete disaster that is the sims ability to pathfind. Build a road next to an avenue and watch the road get completely clogged while the avenue is ignored completely. I might take another peak at this in a years time if they release an offline playing mode since its been proven the 'glassbox engine' doesn't actually do anything online except run drm and a leader board. Expand
  10. Mar 14, 2013
    i have been able to play for 4 days. i have had to restart several times as my regions just disapear?? there are still many broken aspects of the game no grid guides, no city border guide, firetrucks all go to same house..... even with these expensive losses the city size is the bigest lame out. if u want to play a very limited few city blocks with enormous support buildings, Good Luck to ya! i cannot get past 120k popualation with only 1 industry. Ive used half my city to have the ability to build an oil refinery and still cannot reach the daily income that will unlock the building that will unlock oil refineries. My city has full oil reserves & i have pumps on every inch. The city size isnt just small, its disproportionately small. The buildings are huge. This is not a fun game Expand
  11. Mar 14, 2013
    Drm, internet connection, small map but mainly a buggy game and the worst support i 've ever seen since battlefield 3... Thanks Ea Last game i bought on origin or EAgame...
  12. Mar 14, 2013
    First of all, there is the always-on DRM. EA tried to lie about this by saying the server connection was essential to running the game because a lot of calculations were made on the server. Turns out, that's not the case, as proven by a modder: http://www.geek.com/articles/games/modder-proves-simcity-can-run-offline-indefinitely-20130314/. So the server connection is just for their ridiculous DRM.

Second, the game itself is not even good. The AI is dumber than Simcity 4 from 10 years ago. The pathfinding is especially horrible. Vehicles and Sims take completely insensible paths to reach their destinations. This leads to traffic jams all the time which shouldn't exist. School buses run empty but don't pick up children because they are full. Emergency vehicles get stuck in traffic, and also drive past their destination because they're on the wrong side of the road. These are just specific examples of how the game's AI is terrible.

Thirdly, thanks to EA hating single-player games, and trying to make this an always-on multiplayer game, the amount of space you have to build your city is pathetic. It looks more like SimVille: The Facebook Game than a respectable PC game. I was looking for a modern, updated version of Simcity 2000 and Simcity 4. With today's graphics and CPU power, we could have built sprawling metropolises with stunning graphics. Instead, we have this pile of rubbish.

I think it is time for gamers to simply boycott EA as a whole. Battlefield 4 is coming out? It's just a game, you can do without it.

Don't buy EA games. whether created or published by them. Period.
  13. Mar 15, 2013
    It's a good game, but EA deserves nothing. You know, it's just EA, and its always online connection DRM must NOT be tolerated in a single player experience. Never. Even if now they say that "it was thought as a multiplayer experience". Well NO. I want to play alone, I paid a lot for the game and I had a painful experience even when trying to finish the tutorial. May this serve as an example for other publishers and devs thinking in doing the same. Among others, Blizzard failed, Activision Failed, an now EA failed. Game is good, but publisher is not. Sorry Maxis, nothing personal. Expand
  14. Mar 15, 2013
    This game is truly pathetic and has caused me more grief than actual enjoyment. Not only was it released on the 7th of March for me which is 2 days after the "official" release date, but playing the game has been far from an enjoyable experience.

For the first week, I couldn't even logon to the game due to EA's servers being inundated with traffic. When I finally could, I realised how
    poor the actual gameplay was. Most notably, you're given a tiny map to work with which is a fraction the size it was in Simcity 4 and leaves you very limited options to expand your city.

To top it all off, one and a half weeks after the game was finally activated on my account, Origin asked me to "re-activate" Simcity and asked for a product key. When I tried entering the product key I paid for, Origin advised me that the code has already been used. When I contacted Electronic Arts, I was told there was nothing they could do.

This game truly deserves a 1 star rating due to its lack of features and extremely poor handling of its release by Electronic Arts.
  15. Mar 15, 2013
    Childish, low-scaled, online, flawed... City simulation algorithms are meant to entertain and not simulate. It's not simcity 5 it's Sims 4. Another franchise built on past developers' skill just jumped the shark.
  16. Mar 15, 2013
    Bought this game to support MAXIS and the Sim City Franchise.

In truth this game is almost as awful as simcity societies. I asked for a refund within 7 days of paying expecting legal protection by the strict UK Statutory rights here but apparently it isn't origins "policy". So they can sell badly written games which are not functional and get away with it, essentially stealing your
    money for a fraudulent claim of the product being complete.

I've been trying to play the game online in multiplayer mode, that is not on my own singleplayer, and can never get it to work.

The reason? Apparently the sim city limited edition does not filter out the servers or cities used by players who have different buildings and a different copy of the game. So this annoying message will come up very often when trying to reclaim an abandoned city.

The only way is to make a game yourself or find an empty slot, but that has been in fact very hard and almost impossible. The "Load more" button for the available games is badly thought out, and being thrown off 30 or so times is extremely annoying. There is no way to tell if the city is abandoned or not until you click on it. What is this madness?

Many claims and updates from Maxis, but I esssentially feel robbed. Added to this I have been told that I have no statutory rights, which is as usual the general illegal EA way. I think they should not get away with it this time so am giving an extremely negative review to boycott this game. Since my right to a refund was apparently waived when I signed the origin agreement., This is criminal and at best fraudulently nefarious activity by a software developer and publisher that should know better.

Stay AWAY.

Best Wishes,
    Adam

Best,
    A
  17. Mar 15, 2013
    Broken mechanics such as no need to make any Industrial zones especially and no need for commercials also are unacceptable. There is no meaningful corelation between zones or agents. This game is painting zones with no purpose! Besides all agents are moving mindlessly, creating chaos. ie While there is an avenue goes to point A and a dirt road, they choose dirt one for being a bit shorter then avenue although traffic is hell on that. Firetrucks respond all together to the same fire while your city is on the fire. List goes on and on. God bless us! That's not even a game.

Stay away, because i don't think developers will accept their fault and fix these problems.
  18. Mar 15, 2013
    This is SimTown, not SimCity.

After a week of not being able to play, the excitement of finally getting in was quickly overcome by the crap-tastic way this game is put together. If you can get past the server issues, underlying problems with the game mechanics themselves quickly become apparent. Cars drive in circles, Sims don't actually have designated homes...or jobs for that matter.
    At times I've actually been confused if I was playing a horrible fire fighting simulation, as there are always multiple buildings burning. The icing on the cake: constant disconnects. Login queues. I could forgive the issues with the GlassBox engine for now, it's new. But the always on DRM and constant server issues make this game unplayable. This game could've had endless potential, if it wasn't an EA game. Expand
  19. Mar 15, 2013
    DO NOT BUY!

If you insist on buying this game, be prepared to spend a vast amount of time on your city only to get a server error that rolls your progress back a few hours worth. Be prepared for this to happen often. Very often. It will frustrate you. It will make you rage. But most of all, it will make you wish you hadn't wasted your hard earned money on this game.
  20. Mar 16, 2013
    I preordered this game and was able to log in the day of its release with no server issues whatsoever. So I was actually able to play the game and discover: IT SUCKS. The issues in this game are so fundamental, ridiculous and crippling there is no excuse as to why it was released in this state. I was addicted to it at first, LOVED IT, played it for hours on end. I built a crappy city, figured out the game, and started a new city. It flourished. Then it fell apart. I didn’t understand, at first…
    Nothing works. Here is how every aspect of the game does not work:
    City Service:
    I have three garbage dumps and maxed out garbage trucks in each one. And yet only 2/3rds of the trash in my city was being picked up. I followed a random truck to discover it only carried 0.1/5 tons back to the dump after driving past tons of buildings filled with trash, for no apparent reason. Several other trucks did the same thing.
    Crime was high in my city; to the point buildings were being abandoned. I built a police precinct and plopped ten patrol police cars. Only two go out on patrol every day. Though it still costs me over a thousand dollars an hour to pay for then ten cars, when only two are used. Never seen them use the helicopter either.
    As everyone else has said, fire trucks only respond to one fire at a time. Ten fire trucks at one fire, while the rest of your city burns down and a huge traffic jam is caused by those fire trucks.
    Resources:
    Then there was water. The water table does not replenish in this game. Simulation? In real life it rains. Fail. You have to make a sewage pipe and then a water treatment center next to it, to filter the dirty sewage water and reuse it in your city. However, the sewage pisses off everyone in your town, because you can no longer treat it and it smells. It doesn’t matter if the wind is blowing the opposite direction and your neighborhoods are on the other corner of the town, it still pisses them off. At least 5 buildings are abandoned EVERY SINGLE HOUR (one minute on fast speed) in my game, DUE TO SEWAGE!
    Trading doesn’t work with other regions.
    Civil Service:
    My town has every type of school there is. It has almost every department in the government. It has a hospital, an amazing public transportation system, a police precinct and the big fire station; as well as little ones to help cover the areas. When my city was doing well, I still made 5-6k an hour. When everyone abandoned it because of sewage and garbage not being picked up (thanks to the game’s issues, not me)I went into the red quick. I saw raising my taxes a couple percentages got me back in the green. I mean, my Sim’s are given ALL of the above FREE OF CHARGE, in return for only 9%? I think they could handle 12%. I mean I pay at least 30% in taxes, on top of paying for my own health care, public transport, college etc. Nope. Even more people abandoned due to “high taxes”. What a joke. If sims are so intolerant to taxes: Why even put that option in the game??
    End story:
    This game is a nightmare. It’s depressing to play. It goes well and you have fun; only to watch your city self-destruct to crippling bugs. If they tested this game for more than an hour, they never should have released it with these issues. I don't care if they "patch it" that could take months and I just doubt it could fix problems that are so fundamental and extreme. The area you build in is tiny and the game has been simplified to be LESS than the one they made ten years ago. All to make EA money (smaller amounts of data for their servers and people with crap computers can buy the game). Please don’t buy this game. As a wake up to the developers that they CAN NOT get away with this crap anymore.
  21. Mar 16, 2013
    We all know how companies fail. When you decided you're smarter than your customers. Online game-play should have been an option, not forced upon users. I want to play even when i'm on holiday. My villa in Bali does not have an internet connection since its my holiday home, there's no point in me getting a connection when i'm there 3 times a year. I'm a business owner myself, and know a thing or two about product life cycles. This is a surefire way to kill off a fantastic franchise with a loyal fan base, do something about it while you still can, patience is wearing thin. Mark my words. Cities XL wouldn't wait too long to jump on this. Expand
  22. Mar 16, 2013
    Always online DRM will always keep this game broken as long as it exists, IMO this is a poor investment, the game will only run as long as EA makes money, the day that stops the servers will close and the game will end. It's going to be a short term rental rather than a long term game purchase.
  23. Mar 16, 2013
    Even if you get past the horrible drm problems, This game is still really bad.
    Its basicly a dummed down version of simcity 4
    No terraforming, No underground work, Very limited city size
    The only thing you get back from other players is crime and pollution
    The engine is extremely flawed, with these so called agents just looking for the most nearby spot, haveing sims take different
    jobs.houses everyday
    The traffic AI is extrmeley buggged

Save youreself the money and dont buy this trash
    Go for tropico or Anno series if you want a good city building game
  24. Mar 16, 2013
    LOL we take pride in building DRM into every game. We are also proud we put non-sensical money grabbing features into every game and coming up with lame justifications that make it look like we're doing our customers a favour because our customers love participating in our award winning innovations that maximize the user experience with cutting edge technology that is without peer, so much so our customers will in their pants with sheer excitement. Come join the experience and become our family we love you. EA Expand
  25. Mar 16, 2013
    This game encouraged me to sign up for metacritic and give it a 0. Could not login to the game last week. This week, I wasn't able to login because I get the message the game hasn't been activated (even though I've done it since Mar. 5th). Wait 90mins to contact Origin customer service, then they tell me the game was in charge back with the Amazon purchase. This online DRM blows big time.
  26. Mar 16, 2013
    This game is basically a not even playable painting. The simulations are totally messed up. The city size is a joke. The worst part for me is not the online DRM, but the fact, that you can lose your city any time due to flawed cloud saving. Save your money.
  27. Mar 16, 2013
    The game is addicting, it is fun... UP UNTIL IT YOU OVER. You can spend hours on a city just to see it fail due to server issues and game bugs. Trading with other cities is not working properly, trading with the global market just halts for unknown reasons, tourist suddenly seize to visit (sucks if your city is based around that), gambling buildings will first make a ton of money then the next second it will loose thousand's of simoleons an hour leading to your city's doom. Basically this game is a waste of time and by the time you realize that you have already spent hours upon hours on you city. The game is broken. Don't buy it Expand
  28. Mar 16, 2013
    Without even judging on the always on DRM the actual gameplay and bugs that are still in this game are incredibly bad and lend themselves to Lazy and Bad testing before launch, This game is not worth the very high price tag and should not be associated with such a great series that has has a great portfolio of previous versions. This is very inferior to all of them, It was interesting what they were trying to create here but see this as a warning too all other game designers out there, this is not how you make a game. Expand
  29. Mar 16, 2013
    HORRIBLE GAME and this has NOTHING to do with offline play. They makers use weak excuses like processing power to eliminate the need for the sims to live in their own houses. The sims just show up at whatever house is near so they can wake up poor, sleep rich and then go work in a poor job and end up poor again in less than 48 hours. If you have an industrial city with heavy need for workers, they will come for half the day and then your factory will act like it never had workers to begin with so it will become unhappy and abandoned. You can build a freight storage and for what for NOTHING. You can build coal storage and cant send it to another city via trade so whats the point of building mines when you can just import everything. There is no supply chain because of the fact that nothing matters in this game, everything acts on its own. Fire dept send all their trucks to one fire while 10 others burn the city down. garbage goes uncollected, students go without an education, and power takes ages to reach a corner of the city because the yellow dot hast traveled there yet! What yellow dot stops by my house to give me power, once it flows in real life it flows. WEAK VERY WEAK GAME!!! Expand
  30. Mar 16, 2013
    There's so much completely broken in this game beyond the online-only (DRM) aspect and server woes. Purchasing this game is really the purchase of a massive, and massively expensive, beta, which shows the contempt EA and Maxis have on fans of the franchise. The AI is so unbelievably stupid even with the incredibly small size of city areas.

There's a reason EA won't refund most requests
    through Origin. They know you're unlikely to buy it later when it's "fixed." They know that will take a while, if at all, and those quarterly profits are important.

Purchasing this at this point tells EA and Maxis to continue treating games and gamers the way they have for such a long time. It's accepting the utter crap that comes out of their mouths. The latest blog post with "straight answers" is such a vile piece of trash that I cannot believe that anyone is buying the game and/or defending anyone at EA/Maxis. It's atrocious. It is a fact that EA confirmed there'd be an offline mode and that multiplayer was simply optional for those who wanted that experience; multiplayer was not off the table. It was not a "from the ground up" quasi-MMO. That is an excuse made after it was so obvious that offline was easy to achieve and totally possible and even more fun. It's an excuse after realizing that the servers don't do much, and what they do is done so poorly that you're wasting your time. Nothing is in real-time. Nothing that couldn't be achieved faster from PC to PC. It's just such a crock.

Seriously, nobody can blame EA and other publishers if they continue to buy games and tacitly approve of their "design" (DRM) or doublespeak. Rubbish.
  31. Mar 17, 2013
    Game box sold in Europe poland Disk space used 1.8 GB and only 3 langages available, not only they are greedy to put all langages but they have not put English on DVD. Polish hungary russian ). The game is fully loaded with bug. Server are overloaded savegame lost in space ... The game is sold as Alpha stage!!!!!!! Would not recommand this game to anyone until a new review of fixed server DRM.

Sim DRM is a no go do not buy it or you will not have any pleasure !
    An old Amiga gamer sad to see that EA/ Maxis do not care about games
  32. Mar 16, 2013
    Always-on DRM, servers unavailable, your progress getting corrupted (game servers messing up), hackers able to take over any of your cities and ruin them, blatantly payed off reviewers, misquotes on their web site to make bad reviews sound good, huge traffic issues that ruins any city after just hours of play, severely limited map size unnecessarily dragging out the game, huge amount of bugs (several game breaking), blatant lies about the simulation (the inhabitants aren't actually simulated, they are just "actors" who take any available job/house), hidden content already in the game that is locked and will be sold as DLC later... Expand
  33. Mar 16, 2013
    Forget about all the other Simcity games you played in the past. This should be renamed Scamcity. According to official statement from Lucy Bradshaw, Maxis General Manager, this is a MMO. All sims are agents, when they go to work they just enter the first building with an open job, when they go home enter the first home with open slot, if its full they move to the next one, just like mindless lemmings. Firetrucks and Police can only attend one event at the same time, meaning if you have 20 firetrucks, they all go to the same fire even if the other side of the town is burning down. You can have one city with only residential lots as long as you keep yous sims happy with parks. You don´t need commercial or industrial lots, as ridiculous as this sounds. And to the top of this, the ridiculous DRM which demands you to be always online while playing this "game". RIP Simcity, hello Simville CEO. Expand
  34. Mar 16, 2013
    Get your money back, if local laws allow it. That is all I can recommend about this game. This game has been crippled by a bunch of corporate suits that couldn't care less about their customers.
  35. Mar 17, 2013
    Huge step back from Simcity 4. Restrictive DRM and online only. Buggy and dumbed down from previous games. Maxis and EA lie about online requirements and "computations" being done by their servers. I will never pre order a EA or Maxis game again. I feel cheated and tooken advantage of. Graphics are nice but I've gone back to Simcity 4. More fun and mod supported, the way PC gaming was meant to be. Expand
  36. Mar 17, 2013
    Cities collapse at 150k. Pathfinding is a joke (cars always try too reach nearest Position). Fire cars are a joke (all try too reach the same fire). Space for building cities is a joke too...
    Ist not possible to trade oil or coal, you can only make presents ...
    and so on
  37. Mar 17, 2013
    Weeks after its release and after 'everything returning to normal' according to EA the game is still plagued by connection issues.

After having spent a lot of hours into several cities on different servers, all my cities got deleted when randomly getting a 'city could not be processed properly' and doing a failed roll back to the last known normal state. Not worth the money, not worth a
    in-depth review. Expand
  38. Mar 17, 2013
    Biggest piece of junk yet. Played for 5 hours when i got it yesterday today they cant find my saved city and keep trying to get me to play with others. I don't want to I just want to build a city and have fun like in the old Simcity. Don't wast your money.
  39. Mar 17, 2013
    SimCity has potential, but falls very short of achieving its potential (very short of achieving.)

If you feel like wasting hours fudging around with traffic jams and broken game dynamics, being kicked out of the single player city you have been creating for hours and then have to start it all over again, then you may be interested ...

I feel ashamed for buying this game. D'oh,
    Electronic Arts! I should have known better Expand
  40. Mar 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tried playing this for 40 hours but have given up. To enjoy the game you need to control more than one city. Switching between them takes ages and not possible if the servers are down. This problem will never be fixed.
    On top of all the bugs I've been promised a refund by an EA director.
    Use Google/facebook to find EA employee names then send emails like this for John Doe.
    johndoe@ea.com
    john.doe@ea.com
    jdoe@ea.com

Good luck
  41. Mar 23, 2013
    My original review was 10, despite the huge problems at launch, the way DRM kill your cities one by one (unable to load, blank cities, and so on), the 1000000 bugs, and sooooo many others problems. You can't except a such work even with an alpha version. But well, the game looks to be a very good one. After 150 hours of play, I see now how there is no game at all. Just make a city full of residential zone and park and you win. This is the new SimCity, and this is definitly without me. THIS WHOLE GAME IS A SCAM, FROM START TO THE END. Expand
  42. Mar 21, 2013
    Absolutely, appalling forgetting for a second that we've been completely mislead about the always online features which are a complete joke and just an excuse for the always on DRM the game is buggy, unfinished and completely flawed. This is not the game marketing has described, the gloss of enjoyment will fade after a couple of hours after you realize nothing works the pathing, the sims, the economy. It's a joke avoid at all costs. Of course, that's when it works at all the always on DRM means you can't even play it most of the time. People who buy this, be warned, when EA pull the plug on the servers, which they do routinely for games that are no longer new and profitable, you'll be left with nothing. You don't own this game, you're just playing until EA tires of running the server then it's game over. This would all be fine if there was any point to it, but the online play is pointless. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Expand
  43. Mar 18, 2013
    EA does not need always DRM cause they killed all special games. Customers do not need to buy EA games. They are game killer. This game isnt SimCity it is SimsCity(Town).
  44. Mar 19, 2013
    I am completely ignoring the DRM issue. My issue is with both Size, and complexity you have neither in this game. Even when you expect to have at least one or the other. Please do not support this product. Give it about 6 months.. and MAYBE they will have it patched enough to be somewhat fun. I honestly can't beleive i pre ordered this game.
  45. Mar 19, 2013
    I registered purely to give this game a zero, which is exactly what it deserves. Even if you can get over the disingenous excuses for the DRM, this game will let you play it for two days solid, then casually delete your game as if it never existed. Happened to me on 19/03/13 after two days playing, so it can't even be excused as a launch issue. The one good thing is that they gave me simcity 4 deluxe for free, which I'm now playing instead. Expand
  46. Mar 20, 2013
    If you create anything more dense than a small city suburb 3 things will happen. 1) Your streets will become completely congested with traffic. 2) You will use up about one half of the playable space of your city to provide water, sewage treatment and garbage disposal. 3) Once you have enough enough civil services (ie. police fire coverage) you will go bankrupt because you are using up so much of the usable space for your city. This game should have been called 'SimSuburb' not 'SimCity'. Expand
  47. Mar 20, 2013
    Seriously this game is a letdown. EA keeps ruining franchises. Simplified game, overpriced game, the infamous DRM, day 0 DLC. Not only ruin the franchise, the gaming industry.
  48. Mar 20, 2013
    This is not the worst game ever. This is however the worst and most disappointing case of anti-consumerism I have witnessed in my lifetime.

As a life long fan of the SimCity games series I am in shock EA would release this game under the name SimCity. Anyone who played sc4 will immediately see the glaring diversion from the legacy established by previous games. As a gamer with a brain I
    am saddened and intellectually offended that EA would hold back fundamental aspects of the previous iterations (terraforming, subways, reasonably sized building areas, etc) with the intention of selling these things as dlc in the future.

This game is incomplete. EA is selling a fraction of a game for full retail price.

This game could have been epic but EA has exploited and destroyed yet another legacy from what used to be a consumer driven industry.

EA states that releasing a version of this game consistent with its legacy does not fit their "vision" for the new SimCity... I state that paying $60 for a fraction of a game experience then purchasing the rest of what should have been part of the initial game in the form of DLC over a period of time does fit with my vision of what I want and expect from a SimCity game.

Absolute exploitation of a legendary game series. Tantamount to fraud.
  49. Mar 20, 2013
    Always on requirement, tiny city sizes and single point of entry into a city. Absolute crap. I am a long time fan of the SimCity franchise but EA/Maxis have done what one comes to expect from EA and EA brands these days... the player base over and screw the game.

Medal of Honor (dating back to Allied Assault... You never did fix the Liberation mode lag, did you EA?)
    Battlefield
    Mass
    Effect
    Dragon Age
    SimCity

5 examples of EA's cluster****ed approach to gaming. There are loads more examples.
  50. Mar 21, 2013
    I'm sure I'd be happy to pay for a good game from a hard-working company, but that's not you, EA. Because of your BS unacceptable business practices I must insist on giving this game a definitive 0 for two reasons:
    1. Always-online DRM
    2. Broken gameplay elements

This is complete BS EA! It's alienating gamers and your solution will be to probably buy some more DLC Packs. That's
    alright. I'll just give my money to companies who actually DO deserve it. Expand
  51. Mar 21, 2013
    This is a very poor attempt at a simcity game. Not only can this game not be played offline, but it's riddled with bugs, design errors, and nazi style DRM. It looks like EA managed to destroy SimCity too, but I'm sure they will fix it with overpriced DLC. Count on it.
  52. Mar 21, 2013
    I'm very sad... I just want to play this game in single player whenever i want and I don't want to be always online. The size of the cities is very too small, this is frustrating and boring! Nice the simulation but not worth the price of the game. This is not the SimCity i knew...
  53. Mar 22, 2013
    I have played every Sim game since Sim Ant, except for all the Sims expansions and sequels. The main reason i have stopped playing these games is this; Will Wright no longer has any creative input on the Sim Anything franchise. It is a glom of the conglomerate of EA. This game advertised itself as the "winner of 27 awards" In the pre-release trailer. Winner of 27 awards? For what? Creating a tilt shift city viewer? This game is a dumbed down version of Sim City, think of it as a garden, where you can't actually kill anything, but you can make it look reeeal bad. I am going to play my copy of SimCity 2000, still the best one. Expand
  54. Mar 22, 2013
    I'm a software tester by trade and an avid fan of Sim City games over the years. I feel deeply insulted by this game. It's clearly not fit for purpose. Even after patching up to the latest updates, performance is dreadful, there's zero resilience in the game it crashes. I've had to kill it twice from the task menu and both times my City's have ended up corrupted and lost. It runs like a dog. Hype about the graphics and look and feel of the game is pathetic. I will NEVER buy an EA games again Expand
  55. Mar 24, 2013
    promised online features don't work until now (no rankings, region play full of errors) - tiny map sizes - dumped down difficulty (only problem is the fight against bugs) - no logic simulation recognizable (traffic ui terrible, sim behavior terrible, satisfaction system terrible) - less complexity than in sim city 4 (no water, electricity lines, no orders) - much less buildings diversity (no highways, trails, monorail, fusion power, toll system, one way street, metro, military base)
    - few statistics

everything i liked in sc 2000/3000/4 has been canceled/dumped down DONT BUY
  56. Mar 23, 2013
    Please let this be a lesson to single player game devs. The marketplace does not want DRM. Please do not support Game Companies that are forcing us to have access to the internet to play a game. I love my ISP but I dont want to have to be connected to play a game I paid $60 for. EA sucks and so does DRM... Avoid both...
  57. Mar 24, 2013
    The size of the city is awful! It destroyed the entire game, not sure what was going on in the minds of developers to make that decision. Crazy? Who knows!!
  58. Mar 24, 2013
    Too bad they sold (and released) an alpha with a broken DRM system.

Even if you ignore the overly stupid, useless and idiotic DRM, the game doesn't stand on its own: they haven't made a proper AI for each element of the game, many parts of the game logic/mechanisms aren't even fully implemented and finished.

That product needed 6 to 12 more months (at least) to be finished, but
    apparently EA just doesn't care. Expand
  59. Mar 25, 2013
    I preordered the game direct from Origin. What a mistake! Never preordering again.

The always online and server issues have been harped on to death. That aside:

This game is ridiculously bad!!! To call it a game is being generous. The core of a SimCity game isn't even here. RCI doesn't function at all. You can build a city with no water, power, police, etc., zone ONLY RESIDENTIAL and
    as long as taxes are low you'll have a 500k city with top approval ratings. This isn't the only issue the game has. There's a metric ton of bugs, but I thought this was most relevant as the bugs may get fixed but this seems to be a bad design decision.

This isn't a game, it's a screensaver. Don't waste your money. Biggest gaming flop since E.T.
  60. Mar 24, 2013
    They should renamed this as SimTampa, since that's the closest you'll get to creating a city. Shame on you EA and Maxis, for allowing this to happen.
  61. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is nowhere near what was advertised. Even with all the launch issues and DRM issues aside, it's just not what was advertised. The connectivity of the cities (the whole reason they used for DRM) just doesn't exist, the interaction is not noticeable at all.

On a purely simulation standpoint... there is no simulation... zoning purely residential still results in your city
    flourishing. You can build 5-6 medical clinics and still only cure 23 out of 50 sick people... the same as if you had just a single clinic.

The specialty buildings are just as limited if not more limited than they were in prior titles. The buildings that had unique pro's and con's to them that dramatically altered your city. Now they are dumbed down into categories that don't even work.

In the end I should've known better, EA keeps putting out unfinished or unpolished products and people still buy them. I'm really disappointed and if I could get my money back I would.
  62. Mar 25, 2013
    I was very excited when I saw that SimCity was going to be made. After my purchase I am yet another that will not spend another dollar for E.A. games. This game is little more than a screensaver. There are so many bugs I couldn't begin to list them all here. This is the only game I have ever felt warranted warning others NOT to spend money on. It is simply the worst game I have ever purchased. Save your money this thing is a real turd. Expand
  63. Mar 25, 2013
    This game has about a 4hour max play time. Once you get your city up and running it will come crashing to a hault from glitches/bugs or as Maxis calls it 'by design' errors. Traffic jams up. Which effects everything from Firetrucks responding to fires, trucks delivering goods, people going to work. You don't even need to try to play the game. Just build a city with only low wealth high density residential. You don't even need to provide them with power or water. They will just keep moving in. I for one will never purchase another EA product or online only game for that matter. Expand
  64. Mar 26, 2013
    Wow, I'm so glad that I decided not to buy this game. I pre-ordered it from Amazon and tried out the beta, but after my test run, I was not compelled to keep my order. My initial impressions were the same as all those highlighted by most reviewers here. That is...

1) Small city size and severely decreased regional flexibility, 2) Forced online play for a single player game, and
    3) A
    dumbed down experience overall.

I guess not much has changed from the beta. The funny thing is that I saw tons of reviews echoing these complaints in the beta forums, yet EA has completely ignored feedback from their customers. How stupid can you be? And look at the difference between the user reviews and the critic reviews! It just goes to show that all these "critics" are completely worthless and full of crap. I truly mourn for all those who suffered the loss of $60 for this game. It's nothing short of a tragedy.
  65. Mar 26, 2013
    Games is buggy in so many ways. No motivation to play this game after a few hours. when you realise all the bugs there is no more fun to play. Lost money.
  66. Mar 26, 2013
    Keep loosing my cities.. files corrupt or can't find the city The game is ok but i'm tired to restart city again and again because they can't save it correctly. Last one was a city with 53 mil and 24hr of work... seriously that not supose to happen with a game from EA and for a nice 80$ game.
  67. Apr 2, 2013
    Ok now I've changed my mind. I voted 5 of 10 for this game. Yes, I know launch was awful, but the game itself isnt so bad. That was until I built one big city. The bugwave overwhelmed me. So many bugs and not a single solution, not a single patch, now I cant play my city due to bugs. What I payed money for Its 0 of 10, complete fail. Thank you EA, thank you Maxis, this was the last product I bought from you. Expand
  68. Mar 30, 2013
    Its not worth to play. You are not able to connect to a server and if you lose connection because the server crashed (which happens a lot) you'll will lose your work of hours. The glassbox engine is a fail and the game is not realistic. The map is way to small and you will finish this game in 2 hours because your map is full. In 1-2 years EA shuts down the servers and you wil not be able to play anymore because of the DRM. Do not buy this game! Expand
  69. Mar 31, 2013
    The 'simulation' is a lie. The fact that sims switch job and homes everyday screams of laziness and an inability to comprehend what a simulator is. I grew up on SNES Simcity and SC 2000 both those games still get played on occasion but I don't see myself ever re-installing this game to play again. It was a waste of 60 and If you really want it I just say wait for a sale. This game is a travesty and a black eye to the memory of Simciy. I have lost my faith in MAXIS. Expand
  70. Mar 31, 2013
    Death to EA for releasing a broken product and refusing to give refunds. Constant online c'mon Sim City is a good single play game. What if my internet sucks. It lags out, I lose connection to EA's crappy servers and lose my progress. You can't make big cities either. I didn't buy this and I'm so glad. I'm boycotting EA. Microtransactions, online required, and all of that is a con artist move against consumers. Expand
  71. Apr 1, 2013
    Terrible, buggy, unplayable game. Crashes my modern, up-to-date gaming computer on startup every time. Maxis tech support is useless and even though they can't make it work they won't do a refund. Don't buy downloadable games and DON"T BUY THIS GAME.
  72. Apr 1, 2013
    Takes everything you loved about Simcity 4 and replaces it with EA. The always on DRM, lack of a single player game, and ridiculous prefab region setup ruin what this game should have been. You would think EA would learn lessons from each franchise that it gobbles up and destroys, but they doggedly stay focused on the dollar bills at the expense of gamers everywhere. Reinstall Simcity 4 and remember from now on to skip anything with an EA logo on it. Expand
  73. May 19, 2013
    Months after a difficult launch, nothing has changed nor will change. Ridiculously small map size make the game absolutely boring. If you played the previous SimCity version (2000, 3 and 4), do not buy this version. There is no tools for creating amazing road, public transport networks, bring decoration and build the city of your dream. The SimCity spirit is broken The only fix done so far is the connection difficulties due servers overload and I believe it was partly self fixed with players giving up playing.

EA communication is poor blaming the customers not to appreciate this fantastic game. DLCs are already on their way. It's obvious that EA's priority is money, money, money. I hope they will be back slapped as much as many (ex) loyal customer were.

Good luck to them
  74. Apr 3, 2013
    EA have taken a deep, relaxing simulation and turned it into an iphone game for 12 year old girls (imagine "The Sims" with a option to 'plop' houses down).
    City size is laughable compared to every other city empire building game out there. Servers will eat your gamesave, never to be seen again and you never even own the game, you are renting until EA turn off the servers whenever they
    feel like it (read when it's not making them enough profit).
    Learn from others mistakes people, do not buy.
  75. Apr 3, 2013
    Want to thank all you guys for the sharp reviews, It truly saddens me that so much potential has been wasted by EA games with the SimCity franchise. While I'm still a fan of this company for the Sims 2 and Sims 3 games, I always had a special place in my heart for Sim City. Anyway, because I fortunately didn't have time to open Sim City 5 (plus a $14 gameplay book) I bought a few weeks ago, I was able to return them to Target this morning. Some of the $70 I just saved will be going to Sim Pegasus and Sim Devotion for all the great downloads they've provided Sim City players all these years. (Already gave to Simtropolis!) Expand
  76. Apr 3, 2013
    Been a simcity fan since back when it was on super nintendo, over 2 decades. All creativity is gone with this version. No uniqueness is allowed. Small city sizes. No mods like simcity 4. Oh and the always online drm just doesnt work. regret buying this game. Why would i play a sity simulator with other people? I dont need anyone else messing up my region. Server problems, lost cities. Cities bound to the server it was created on. Dont buy this game Expand
  77. Apr 4, 2013
    Launchtime was, of course, a nightmare for anyone who wanted to actually play. By the time it became available, I had quit caring. Too bad really, the beta was ok. However: the map sizes were too small, the documentation for more advanced things and concepts was non-existent. All in all, what should have been a very detailed, powerhouse of an updated retro-game has become a demonstration in how frustrated you as a gamer can become.. Expand
  78. Apr 9, 2013
    Wish I could get my money, back. Broken Gameplay, Broken Servers, and Broken Game. I really enjoyed the previous Sim Cities, to bad cities XL doesn't have the funding this game did. If it did it would blow this game out out of the water even more.
  79. Apr 5, 2013
    this game! it. Do not buy it. It is a worthless piece of I cannot even access the game because I have to download a ****ing million ****ing things that all ****ing glitch out. I bought the CD version so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of downloading, but noooo,.. u still have to ****ing download a million ****ing things even with the CD version. EA and anyone else who had a hand in creating this game. You are all worthless pieces of ****ing Expand
  80. Apr 11, 2013
    IF you like wasting countless hours to a game and loosing all your work ten this is the game for you. The inability to do local saves and the fact that there servers are so messed up makes the game almost unplayable. I have been a simcity fan for years but because of this experiences i no longer am. I wouldn't pay for an EA game again.

MAC users don't wast your money on this. The only
    way EA will learn is to lose the bucks$$$$. Expand
  81. Apr 15, 2013
    I have never felt compelled to write a review for a game, but honestly, this game hands down is the WORST iteration of the simcity franchise to date. unfortunately, they have taken our loved complex foundation of previous titles then stripped it down to 5 year old's level, they have also added a multitude of limitations that affect the core game experience.

as others have said this is a
    £60 Facebook game. nothing more.

i base my review on roughly 100 hours of play since the title went live,
  82. Apr 19, 2013
    @SimCity is the worst game of this year(2013). I spent over $60 USD to buy a copy of #SimCity Deluxe Edition, but now I want to a full refund of #SimCity. There're too many bugs, rollbacks, and dumb A.I. @SimCity is a huge in a gift box.
  83. Apr 18, 2013
    This is game is pure mixed with "EA guaranty of pure ****TINESS". I bought the game full price and In launch day game was rendered unplayable! Then you are lying that the "AGENTS" are controlled server side and PC couldn't handle it offline, then you are saying we are so sorry for that. You can lip my ass now! I sold origin account with this absolutely ****ty game to my schoolmate for 30€ at least or I could simply kill myself from this horrific game that completely killed the franchise! Expand
  84. Apr 23, 2013
    Horrible game, even if you exclude all the ridiculous bugs and DRM-related flaws, the underlying game is itself deeply flawed. Shallow simulation, no clear relation between the needs of your city and the actions you should take to fix them, horribly crippled simulation where look was obviously placed far ahead of depth. Add in the shady as business practices of EA and Maxis, the laughable patches which make the issues WORSE not better, and the colgate DLC campaign and you've got yourself the most laughable game of the year. Expand
  85. Apr 25, 2013
    Couldn't play the game for several weeks after launch. The Simulation is extremely simplistic. Bug-laden and apparently just a tool for marketing. Would not recommend you ever touch this.
  86. Apr 30, 2013
    Horrible game that is completely ruined by always online DRM. EA is treating every honest gamer like a true pirate. Don`t support EA, and don`t buy games like these.
  87. Apr 14, 2014
    Since they decided to add an offline mod and after numerous patches i thought I would finally give it a go and see how it fares. THE GAME IS HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING PILE OF S***. They ruined everything that was good about the game, instead of allowing you to build even larger cities now that the hardware has advanced they made them so small I ran out of room so fast I wasn't able to blink. This is BS. You aren't even building a village let alone a city and why can't the AI remove abandoned buildings by itself so I don't have to micromanage it. The only innovation are the curved streets, wow, oh and did I mention that half of the stuff in the game is actually part of DLC's. Unbelievable. STAY AWAY FROM THIS C*** AND SAVE YOUR MONEY. Expand
  88. May 5, 2013
    This game is the definition of selling out. Buying it only supports bad game development. Destroying a game by forcing DRM is something that needs to end.
  89. May 8, 2013
    Its a good and fun game, but people will want it with singleplayer one, on my 16 years of gaming, this is the most crap game because of the forced online, SERIOSLY EA, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING WITH THIS? MAKING THE GAME'S SINGLEPLAYER A DLC?
    Its a singleplayer game but forced online? Hell no.
    Waste of money. the premium edition is even 80 bucks, this is the real waste of money.
  90. May 8, 2013
    most successful scam in gaming history. there is not a single redeeming quality to this piece of trash. it is an insult to the franchise for which it is named. the ea team has consistently and unfailingly lied to the playerbase time and time again. do not buy this game.
  91. May 15, 2013
    What a catastrophe. EA has destroyed yet another game. I have been playing Simcity since the first in the franchise. I bought all of them over the years and still play SC4. I love SC4 for the mods that all the fans have developed. No more of that stuff for this latest iteration of the game I'm afraid. No! Now they'll make you purchase any extra content after you've paid full price for a broken game. This is a huge scam and someone should take legal action.

Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to buy the latest offering from EA. Luckily I had read the reviews before I went to purchase so I knew how badly EA had stuffed this up. I mean come on, SC was NEVER a multiplayer game. The people that play SC don't want to interact with other players. They play so they can be God and build their own cities without relying on someone else to supply the essentials.

And what's with this always on DRM? No. Just No. I will not but a game that is dependent on servers to function If I pay upwards of $80 for a game I want to be able to play it whenever wherever and for as many years as I like just as I do with SC4 which is now going on 10+ years.

The contempt that I have towards EA for ruining this fantastic game is monumental. I have sworn to NEVER EVER buy another EA game just on principle. I hope they sink in a quagmire of their own making. When they go bust I'll through a party cause it'll mean that they won't be able to ever again ruin another game.

And the map sizes???? They should have called it Sim Suburb. EA couldn't have done any worse if they'd tried.
  92. May 21, 2013
    Horrible waste of time and money.
    Oversimplified and yet tedious to do anything with the user interface.
    As others have said, cannot play offline. While this is crap, the game itself is a much bigger disappointment. They have severely limited the type of buildings. About 30 minutes of tedious game play and then you'll be asking "That's it?"

Go buy Sim City 4 and you'll be much
    happier. At a loss of words for whoever was in charge of product direction on this 5th sim city. Expand
  93. Jan 4, 2014
    Ah! the Simcity reboot. A broken interactive screensaver. Let your imagination fly on the tiniest simcity maps ever. Watch traffic come to a halt and back up on the single roads connecting your cities. Watch your cities grow without any industrial zones. Watch EA take your money while your thinking that the latest DLC will fix this game. Ahh! the fun you'll have playing when your internet goes down. Amazing social multiplayer experience. You must buy this game to really experience how bad it is, and then have fun trolling the five people that like it on the simcity forums. Expand
  94. Jun 5, 2013
    You can shove your DRM where the sun don't shine EA! Oh yeah, and this game is a dumbed down piece of garbage too! Simcity 1,2,3, and 4 were better than this.
  95. Dec 26, 2013
    This game was fun for the first 10 minutes. Until it said I wasn't running my town right and it said it could repair it. So I click ok. And it take you back to the main menu. NOW it does it every 5 minutes not saving the progress to my town. They said they'd fix this over 9 months ago. Really EA really?
  96. Jun 18, 2013
    This game is a train wreck. I desperately wanted to like it but it seems every time I muster the energy to start again, the servers are down for an update or some other kind of silly reason. I'm not against online DRM when it doesn't prevent me from playing the game. Civilization V is a good example. It works every time. Simcity is just disappointing. And having just one road going into a city is unrealistic and dumb. Expand
  97. Jun 19, 2013
    This game follow the CYBIECGM ideology ("convert your Brand in easy casual gamer money").
    It is a shame that a such great series, with such a great appeal, is ruined by the developing of social interaction (that no-one wants) instead of real city-building related functionality (Mass Transit! Mass Transit! Mass Transit!).
    I am very, very, very, disappointed.
  98. Jun 29, 2013
    A HUGE step down from SimCity 4. DRM. Saves getting corrupted every couple of days on EA servers. Crashes. Alot of features taken away from SimCity 4. Music not as good as SimCity 4. Cities are tiny.
  99. Jul 23, 2013
    This has got to be the worst game I have ever bought in my life. I am (was) a huge fan of SimCity, and was looking forward to this with a lot of anticipation. After seeing the launch fiasco, I decided to wait. After I saw the reviews... I decided to wait a little longer. When I finally purchased the game, I had to go through the horrid Origin experience, useless and annoying interface.
    When I FINALLY logged on I saw that EA had decided to put advertisements while the game loaded, gee thanks, I'll go buy a car while the game loads, I guess.
    When I finally could play, I saw first hand what everyone was complaining about: dumb AI, uselessly small maps, and the DRM is infuriating, I lost whatever progress my tiny city made because the game would not save or lost connection somehow.
    All in all, I uninstalled the program after playing it three times, and since EA does not give refunds on online downloads, I feel like a sucker for giving SimCity 5 the benefit of the doubt.
    (PS. I bought this game in April but someone just brought up the topic and the memories enraged me enough to write this review)
  100. Aug 17, 2013
    The fact that Maxis decided to sacrifice player experience for 'multiplayer' components in a predominantly single-player oriented game doomed this sequel to the epic simcity franchise from the start... tiny maps, always online DRM, ugly regions filled with deadspace, no terraforming, terrible lag, server downtime... the list goes on.

Seriously, even if u just took SC2000, SC3000 or SC4
    and made it 3D and give it a graphic makeover without changing any features, it would've been better than SC2013...

And stop making excuses about not giving the players what they want. "we can't make bigger maps because mainstream computers cant handle the computation", or "it's always-online to offload computation to the server", or "maps are smaller to encourage cooperation within regions and enhance multiplayer", or "you can't demolish cities or create multiple saves because it would mess up the leaderboard"...

Just admit that you wanna make money off a pretty much dysfunctional game at release (it's not a cheap game) and keep making money off every single DLC that eventually completes the game (2016 maybe?). There'd be a DLC for bigger maps, another DLC for subways, another one for computation optimization, perhaps an expansion or two for terraforming and region design...

Maxis really disappointed me, I've been a huge SimCity fan since SC SNES and I've waited for nearly 10 years since SC4 rush hour. THIS IS HOW YOU LOSE FANS don't be the next big sell-out like Westwood or Bullfrog, great studios that sold their fans and their souls to EA for a quick buck that destroyed great franchises that they build up themselves.

On the other hand, I'm not surprised that EA is still the same old greedy d-bag that rips everyone off, but please leave simcity alone

Given enough patches and DCLs, SimCity might eventually become the game that should have been on its release and justify the ambiguous choices that its developers made. [May 2013]
  2. May 9, 2013
    Hints at great things but is limited by small cities and promises it can't deliver on. [June 2013, p.80]
  3. May 9, 2013
    There's more problems with this game than I have words. Looks great though. [June 2013, p.80]