8.1

1. Jeremy
    May 20, 2006
    This is a Very Good, solid FPS. After reading the other posts it amazes me how people have forgotten what a FPS actually is. If you want interactive movies that hold your hand all the way through a game then get FEAR or one of the gazzillion WW2 games.
    This game has solid story, graphics, music and AI. Yes the AI is very good, maybe not as good as Far Cry, but then what game does? If you're having trouble in the second half of this game and have to reload a lot then maybe you should quit trying to keep max health. Complaints about the length of the game are absurd as you should have known that it was only 4 - 8 hours long when you bought it.
    Kudos to Ritual for a well executed game.
  2. KristoferR.
    May 22, 2006
    I've been waiting for the sequal to Sin, after finishing Sin I needed to find out what happend. Then came along Sin: Emergence and I must say I adore it its a strong FPS, the story line is brillaint the range of voice cast especialy Jen Taylor doing the voice of Hardcorps newest rookie Jessica. Only one minor little thing NEED MORE WEAPONS. But all in all for the price I'd say I've been waiting for the sequal to Sin, after finishing Sin I needed to find out what happend. Then came along Sin: Emergence and I must say I adore it its a strong FPS, the story line is brillaint the range of voice cast especialy Jen Taylor doing the voice of Hardcorps newest rookie Jessica. Only one minor little thing NEED MORE WEAPONS. But all in all for the price I'd say if your looking for a fun FPS Sin: Emergence is the game for you. Expand
  3. PatB.
    May 22, 2006
    This game was an overall joy. Nothing from the package was not to be expected, and every minute of pure action was worth my money. the only real complaint I have with this title is that it felt way too contrived from other great games. In fact, many of the great set pieces reminded me of other recent, high-rated titles.The first half of the game seemed like an amalgamation of This game was an overall joy. Nothing from the package was not to be expected, and every minute of pure action was worth my money. the only real complaint I have with this title is that it felt way too contrived from other great games. In fact, many of the great set pieces reminded me of other recent, high-rated titles.The first half of the game seemed like an amalgamation of FarCry's maps and Half-Life 2's puzzles, and some of the overheard dialogue seemed more at home in the No One Lives Forever universe. And to top it off, the end boss battle, as well as the climb up to it, seemed parallel to the climax of Max Payne. Yet this odd combination of elements lead to a joyful experience, and some of the scripted moments gave me such intense adrenaline rushs that I forgot about many of the similarities. This game is well worth a buy, and hopefully the sequels will match or surpass. Expand
  4. A.Ashley
    Jun 1, 2006
    Very good game, not great like a Half Life 2, but excellent storyline. Would definately recommend to others. It follows along perfectly with the original SiN (no pun intended). Got my money's worth. Definately looking forward to more episodes.
  5. DavidR.
    Aug 1, 2006
    Despite it's short length (although I think it is adequate for the price) I think this was a very entralling and well made game. Differant from your average first person-shooter because some areas required some non-lateral thinking, and the path wasn't always obviously laid out. Very stunning graphics, the source engine is amazing, and some good physics which runs well even if Despite it's short length (although I think it is adequate for the price) I think this was a very entralling and well made game. Differant from your average first person-shooter because some areas required some non-lateral thinking, and the path wasn't always obviously laid out. Very stunning graphics, the source engine is amazing, and some good physics which runs well even if you don't have an amazing computer. Entertaining and intriguing storyline, I was a little dubiuos when I first heard about the "episode" factor, but I really can't wait for the second one to find out what happens next. I just hope we don't have to buy 10 episodes to get the whole story! Expand
  6. OliverD
    Feb 10, 2008
    Awesome game. I absoloutely love it, people say that Ritual have put no effort in, do they realise how many little gems there are. There are about twenty phone numbers you can ring and get different messages. The AI actually comments on what you're looking at. And there's loads of secret areas. It is awesome.
  7. AdamMCbomB
    May 12, 2006
    There is lots of value for the buck here, especially considering it sells with the original Sin title. Feels a little like a console FPS at times. Reminiscent of Duke Nukem 3D, but sadly nowhere nearly as cool. Lots of artwork, and original gags, including somewhat humerous signs posted in many areas. If you're into single player shooters and are looking for an exceptional total There is lots of value for the buck here, especially considering it sells with the original Sin title. Feels a little like a console FPS at times. Reminiscent of Duke Nukem 3D, but sadly nowhere nearly as cool. Lots of artwork, and original gags, including somewhat humerous signs posted in many areas. If you're into single player shooters and are looking for an exceptional total conversion for Half Life 2, this is it. Expand
  8. ChristianM.
    May 14, 2006
    Fun, good ai and it feels like the original sin. nice stages, very interactive and fun to play. i don't understand the bad reviews, sin episodes is more fun than hl2 plus because of the lack of ammo and health you have to use lots of strategic playing to win! its not a simple shooter. oh and the title song is great as well!!!
  9. Jan 5, 2013
    This game was highly under-rated. The action is a rapid, adrenaline rush with vivid, constantly changing environments. There should have been a Episode 2, but unfortunately, there wasn't. I have replayed this game multiple times and get a rush every time. The graphics are excellent and the game-play addictive. The main character is you, essentially, and playing with you is a fem fataleThis game was highly under-rated. The action is a rapid, adrenaline rush with vivid, constantly changing environments. There should have been a Episode 2, but unfortunately, there wasn't. I have replayed this game multiple times and get a rush every time. The graphics are excellent and the game-play addictive. The main character is you, essentially, and playing with you is a fem fatale that will not only knock your socks off, but she can kick butt and is an an enjoyable companion to play with. Everything about this game was A+. Highly recommended. Expand
  10. Sep 28, 2013
    i NEED MORE BLADE, BLADE! j k
  11. AnonymousMC
    Jun 12, 2006
    I don't care about SIN 1 or multiplayer for SIN 1. If U do, then it might be worth it??? I got this game just because of of the Steam Engine. I LOVE THE STEAM ENGINE!!! The game play was not bad. The story was good. It would have been great if they had made the game twice as long or charged half the price. $20 is too much. Maybe episidoe 2 will be half off to "Emergence" buyers. ThisI don't care about SIN 1 or multiplayer for SIN 1. If U do, then it might be worth it??? I got this game just because of of the Steam Engine. I LOVE THE STEAM ENGINE!!! The game play was not bad. The story was good. It would have been great if they had made the game twice as long or charged half the price. $20 is too much. Maybe episidoe 2 will be half off to "Emergence" buyers. This is the type of game U get in a software bundled package as an extended play demo for the real game that is 3 or 4 times longer. I guess that is why they call them "EPISODES" :-). I am not mad that I got it, but I wish I had waited to get 4 or 5 episodes at one time bundled together for around $30 or $40. At least I would have something to do for more than 5 or 6 hours on default settings and a few more on hard the second time I played it. You need to start this game on it's hardest level the first time so U will get U're $'s worth of play!!! I had to go back and play it again on it's hardest setting just to see if it took any longer? The A.I. is pretty kool.

P.S. I am sure I will be first in line to get the next episode :-)
  12. Oct 2, 2010
    A good remake of half life 2.Good graphics good ai the weapons sound ok and the levels are well designed.There are only 3 weapons in the game but if you know how to use them it should not be a backdraw.And boy what nice chicks are in the game.The only backdraw is the short campaign.
  13. Dec 25, 2010
    This game was weak. It seemed completely uninspired, with the4 most generic of action. On top of that, it has an auto difficulty adjusting issue where if you load a saved game after you die, the game will keep getting harder until the point where it's impossible. The only way to avoid that is to not load a saved game when you die. It's completely stupid. Who doesn't load saved games whenThis game was weak. It seemed completely uninspired, with the4 most generic of action. On top of that, it has an auto difficulty adjusting issue where if you load a saved game after you die, the game will keep getting harder until the point where it's impossible. The only way to avoid that is to not load a saved game when you die. It's completely stupid. Who doesn't load saved games when they die?

I loved the original SiN, and was hoping for a lot from this. It's no wonder that Ritual packed up shop after this game failed in the market. I don't know how anyone could expect success by releasing the most bland and recycled FPS on the market.
  14. ChrisStrode
    May 20, 2006
    On-line registration via Steam is a major pain in the ass. Expect at least a four hour wait while the game registers and updates (dial up) before being able to play. I dont think I will ever again buy another game that uses this truly inane system. Sin is visually nice and performs adequately on my machine (p4 3.0 nvidia 7800 gs). There is one memorable moment, Alexis Sinclair in aOn-line registration via Steam is a major pain in the ass. Expect at least a four hour wait while the game registers and updates (dial up) before being able to play. I dont think I will ever again buy another game that uses this truly inane system. Sin is visually nice and performs adequately on my machine (p4 3.0 nvidia 7800 gs). There is one memorable moment, Alexis Sinclair in a next to nothing bikini. Expand
  15. HenricA.
    May 30, 2006
    It felt more like a MOD than a commercial game (albeit a short one). Why did it feel like a MOD then? - Graphics weren't impressive at all (not representative of 2006 levels), felt too cartoony. - Leveldesign were very square(ish). - Player control felt like iceskating (hard to aim when the character keeps moving long after you stopped pressing the keys) - The AI was stupid, enemies It felt more like a MOD than a commercial game (albeit a short one). Why did it feel like a MOD then? - Graphics weren't impressive at all (not representative of 2006 levels), felt too cartoony. - Leveldesign were very square(ish). - Player control felt like iceskating (hard to aim when the character keeps moving long after you stopped pressing the keys) - The AI was stupid, enemies almost walking past you and not reacting as one would expect when you start to attack them (which normally is good, but in this case it means that they hardly take cover nor work as a team) - The automagical scaling of toughness boiled down to how many of the toughest enemy you'd face at once. - Five maybe six distinct enemies. And no variation within the enemies (all enemies of a certain model behaved the same, most other games use few enemy models but do behave differently) These are what I consider the major flaws. There were ofcourse many minor ones aswell (such as Jessica getting into the car without opening the door, but animated as she opened the door... looked silly) All in all, unless you liked the original or want the original version (since it's included) this is a game to avoid. Lets put it this way, I won't be buying the next episode. Expand
  16. EnderW.
    May 22, 2006
    to short sould of just been a mod and the story wasnt all that good.
  17. Luigi
    May 30, 2006
    Few biggest mistakes: - The world is justso dull and dead. - Enemies are just spawning forever. Thisos allowable for a game whe you can take 9999 hits and still living. But here is just an excuse for develper's lazyness. - Small arsenal of weapons.
  18. DanielP.
    Jun 2, 2006
    In some respects an average shooter, offering nothing new to the genre but doing what it does quite competently. It is something of a disappointment, and let down by the episodic approach that seems to make all the bad guys identical (perhaps due to lack of time in developing more interesting and varied enemies.) I would prefer to have seen this released as a full game rather than In some respects an average shooter, offering nothing new to the genre but doing what it does quite competently. It is something of a disappointment, and let down by the episodic approach that seems to make all the bad guys identical (perhaps due to lack of time in developing more interesting and varied enemies.) I would prefer to have seen this released as a full game rather than episodic content in the hope that the overall quality of the product and level design would have been improved. As it is, its acceptable but not something I can in all honesty recommend. Expand
  19. SeanM.
    Jul 7, 2006
    Starts off with boring action, but thandkfully escalades. Boring voice acting and characters. Does not utilize the Source engine to its full potential with some poor models and such, even on highest setings.
  20. KAYP.
    Jan 23, 2007
    Rubbish weapons, worst machine gun in history. Slow on high-end system. As for taking down rocket gunship with a rifle - sure......Better than first game, needs vast improvement. Cut scenes a bore when playing through more than once.
  21. RAv
    Jan 9, 2007
    To say it out in three words. It ain't Sin. As an action shooter, its okay, but to call it Sin is plain stupid. It has nothing to do with the first game (excluding the expanssion), and the main character Blade seems to have been killed by Gordon Freeman and replaced. Sad, totaly sad.
  22. Quartoggiaro
    Jul 1, 2007
    Sin is back, anyway this is not its best appearence. The game has some problems like the original (it's very slow on my P4), the story is not great (Radek and the new girl are useless chars) and it can be completed in five hours.... Bad bad bad! It must be saved from the oblivion of the bad games because it includes the original Sin which is a bit hard to find and still fun.
  23. Dmitry
    Weak game
  24. KoryS.
    May 28, 2006
    Overall, not a great game. The story line's as thin as the first game and the overall game play time is thinner than could be expected for $20. They promised an extremely interactive environment, but more or less gave us a linear way to use that environment, not really allowing us to think about what we need to do next. Simply put, if you like mindless shooters-get this game. If you Overall, not a great game. The story line's as thin as the first game and the overall game play time is thinner than could be expected for $20. They promised an extremely interactive environment, but more or less gave us a linear way to use that environment, not really allowing us to think about what we need to do next. Simply put, if you like mindless shooters-get this game. If you like mindless shooters that look fantastic-don't get this game. Expand
  25. MattR.
    May 31, 2006
    Have any of you people ever played a good shooter or are you just being nice to the creators? Anyone that put below a 6, I can echo the same thoughts, this game came subpair. Repetition, "non-learning" AI, and more monotonus gameplay. Sure it looks pretty, expecially Elexis, but that doesn't make a game. There really should be no green scores here sadly, I had some good hopes for Have any of you people ever played a good shooter or are you just being nice to the creators? Anyone that put below a 6, I can echo the same thoughts, this game came subpair. Repetition, "non-learning" AI, and more monotonus gameplay. Sure it looks pretty, expecially Elexis, but that doesn't make a game. There really should be no green scores here sadly, I had some good hopes for this game too. Save the money, too much for what should be a mod. Expand
  26. SteveH.
    Jun 2, 2006
    Re-spawns, predicatable scripted sequences, unexciting weapons, dreary mutants, scenery issues and just totally lacking any exciting moments. I won't be getting the next episode!
  27. PyroFLAME
    Jun 30, 2006
    ill start with the good things first: this game has great graphix, snd you will be in first person always like in HL2. In the beginning of the game you will get boobs, profanity, and violence. This enimy AI is practicaly retarted, so you wont get a challenge. OH! cool you get many different guns in this game....oh you'll rarly get enough ammo to use them. Instead you'll be usingill start with the good things first: this game has great graphix, snd you will be in first person always like in HL2. In the beginning of the game you will get boobs, profanity, and violence. This enimy AI is practicaly retarted, so you wont get a challenge. OH! cool you get many different guns in this game....oh you'll rarly get enough ammo to use them. Instead you'll be using a shitty one-shot gun, that kills in 2 shots. Also I noticed they use the same enimies alot. All they do is make them stronger or just give them jetpacks. ( again with the 1 shot gun) this game should have been improved with the problems. I guess this game wasn't worked on that hard. Expand
  28. Nezacant
    Jul 6, 2006
    This game had nothing at all that would make me want to buy a second episode. 20 dollars would have been better spent in the bargan bin at my local game store. I'm not sure how many episodes they are planning on releasing, but if its 3 or more, you'll end up spending more than what you would for a standard PC game which is probably better than this.
  29. MateoTTR
    Oct 2, 2007
    Poor scenario and gameplay, very repetitive, bad game.
  30. StasSagdeyev
    Jul 10, 2008
    Hey I must say I spent quite a time in late 90s playing Sin. Let's see what have we got now.
    Familiar characters, humour, action. New storyline, better graphics, lack of weapons. But, hey! Wasn't it only the beginning?! A lot of people still hope they're going to make further episodes. Playing Episode 1: Emergence was extremely enjoyable!
  31. JT
    Dec 24, 2006
    I am not sure what game the guys who gave this 10 were playing but it wasn't the same as me.... for me Sin was too short and the gameplay/plot was unemersive and predictable.
  32. FaceSprayer
    May 13, 2006
    Glitchy, crash ridden, shotty collision detection (at best) unclear objectives, total lack of ammo, health or anything that makes me actually feel I got my $17 worth for this title. It's just the same shooter scenario we've seen 1 million times already. This game brings nothing new to the table and could possibly be the WORST game to use Valve's beautiful Source engine. The Glitchy, crash ridden, shotty collision detection (at best) unclear objectives, total lack of ammo, health or anything that makes me actually feel I got my $17 worth for this title. It's just the same shooter scenario we've seen 1 million times already. This game brings nothing new to the table and could possibly be the WORST game to use Valve's beautiful Source engine. The physics are weak, the collision detection will leave you stuck on invisible walls or small pieces of debris. The AI seems to roll with the philosophy of "When in doubt, stand there like an idiot". The enemies seem to deal you an overwhelming amount of damage and it seems that the weapons of the future have an interesting problem: Point blank, sights set for the face...and you still miss! This game is awful and I actually regret paying for it. Expand
  33. RussS.
    May 14, 2006
    Sin Episodes: Emergence is a frustratingly difficult mediocre game. So now that I've broken the cardinal rule of review writing and put the conclusion first, let me explain how a game with such high expectations utterly failed to hit the mark. Sin Episodes makes use of a feature called the personal challenge system. A system that automatically adjusts the difficult to your skill. In Sin Episodes: Emergence is a frustratingly difficult mediocre game. So now that I've broken the cardinal rule of review writing and put the conclusion first, let me explain how a game with such high expectations utterly failed to hit the mark. Sin Episodes makes use of a feature called the personal challenge system. A system that automatically adjusts the difficult to your skill. In the beginning of the game, this was great. After nailing headshot after headshot, the guards started coming after me wearing helmets. The first helmet I shoot off gave me great satisfactions. However, after the first boss fight, the game's difficult stops slowly ramping up and instead boards a Saturn V rocket and aims for the moon. Soon the player is hitting reload button as often as the primary fire button. By the time I was 80% done with the game, thanks to Sin's stats tracker, I found out I was dying 28.03 times per hour and I did something I haven't done it ages. I cheated. That's right, I typed in the God mode cheat just to finish the game. Running through the final stages of the game, I don't know how else I would have survived as the game was throwing wave after wave of enemies I dubbed, "walking tanks" at me. But that wasn't the only frustration with the game's combat I had. First, there's no cover in this game. All the major fights seem to take place in corridor's and warehouses, ala FPS design cira 1998. My biggest gripe with the game is the spawning enemies. Part of the personal challenge system is to spawn more enemies if you blew through the first wave. This often times results in enemies spawning behind you in rooms that you thought you had cleared. And in some cases enemies spawning right before your eyes. Perhaps because of these other failings, the fact that the graphics couldn't impress was drawn to the forefront. Emergence is build on the source engine, the same engine that powers Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source. However, Emergence doesn't live up to its pedigree, lacking the same level of polish that either of the previously mentioned games do. While Sin does have a few bright spots like the well modeled and textured guards and dock workers, it finds its self falling short in the same category like the low-poly, poorly textured dock boss. So, what did Sin do well? The sound department should be congratulated. The music was excellent and the sound effects provided just the right punch to bring the characters, weapons, and explosions alive. And the statistics tracker was a thoughtful addition, although viewing "Deaths per hour" can be a be a bit depressing. Expand
  34. JackP.
    May 15, 2006
    Substandard at best. Reminds me of Devastation this game, the gameplay is well, horribly horribly linear, being stuck in tunnels and small passageways throughout the whole game. The game is unforgivingly hard too, now, even though you may pick the easiest setting, that means jack, since it's going to make it harder and harder the better you do, now is it just me, or if someone picks Substandard at best. Reminds me of Devastation this game, the gameplay is well, horribly horribly linear, being stuck in tunnels and small passageways throughout the whole game. The game is unforgivingly hard too, now, even though you may pick the easiest setting, that means jack, since it's going to make it harder and harder the better you do, now is it just me, or if someone picks easy, would they not want it to keep being easy? Guns? What guns, you have that insanely accurate pistol at the beggining, then about 30 minutes in you can have your second gun, a shotgun, then you have one more, a rifle, thats it, and there isn't even any upgrades ala Quake 4 to make it more interesting. The enemies are relentless too, finally after hours of play I come to an open area, thinking that I might get some more freedom, but no, it's a boss. After a gruelling battle with barely any hp you would think I would get to heal, but no, enemies come out some door, barely giving me any time to jump away to safety and luckily find a tiny bit of health. Overall? Not even worth the $20, even if it does come with the first SiN. Expand
  35. Armin
    May 15, 2006
    It looks and feels like a Half Life 2 mod. All the graphics, physics etc. are just like in Half Life 2, not in a negative way, but I would expect a lot more than just a few hours of gameplay for $19.95, and it simply feels like a mod, not a complete production. The AI is ok, the only innovative thing in this game, definetly gives the player a challenge.
  36. Twid
    May 16, 2006
    Emergence wasn't terrible, but it didn't feel fully baked. I only got about four hours of gameplay, which seems very lame for $20. You get to use three weapons, each with two shooting modes. Of this only three of the modes are actually useful (both pistol modes and the shotgun primary.) The pistols normal shot is strangely powerful, better than the machine gun because headshots Emergence wasn't terrible, but it didn't feel fully baked. I only got about four hours of gameplay, which seems very lame for $20. You get to use three weapons, each with two shooting modes. Of this only three of the modes are actually useful (both pistol modes and the shotgun primary.) The pistols normal shot is strangely powerful, better than the machine gun because headshots are almost always single shot kills. There is basically zero character development and no chemistry with you cute cohort. The dream sequences in the beginning, including a strange scene with the evil leader in a microbikini, happen in the first ten minutes and you never see anything like that again. Overall, this was pretty lame for $20, it felt more like a tech demo like Lost Coast. Expand
  37. JoshuaK
    May 16, 2006
    The game should be a free mod, save your money for Half-live 2 :ep1 this game sucks
  38. JakeB.
    May 23, 2006
    Honestly, I'd give this game a 7.25. Anyone that gives this a 10 needs to wear a helmet. 10=best game ever 9=great game 8=above average 7=average 6=below average and pretty much 5 and below is just crap, 0 being a big slap to the face. That being said... this game gets: -Presentation:6.5 decent story and way of telling it but it lacks length. At around 4 to 6 hours depening on howHonestly, I'd give this game a 7.25. Anyone that gives this a 10 needs to wear a helmet. 10=best game ever 9=great game 8=above average 7=average 6=below average and pretty much 5 and below is just crap, 0 being a big slap to the face. That being said... this game gets: -Presentation:6.5 decent story and way of telling it but it lacks length. At around 4 to 6 hours depening on how good you are its definately not worth the money. You do get the multiplayer and original but to be honest youre never going to actually play them more then 15 minutes. -Music:9.5 very very good, im thinkin of buyin the soundtrack -Graphics:7.5 glitchy at times but otherwise decent, its far from the polish of F.E.A.R. or HL2. Some of the enemy textures could use some work -Gameplay:6.5 its definately a shooter and it does that aspect fairly well but this Learning AI is a joke. The way it works is... the better you do, the more baddies spawn with bigger guns and armor. It may be harder, but they are not "learning," they are just sending more waves of guys. At times guys will spawn right in front of you or in the rooms that you were just in moments ago. When there isn't a massive number of enemies coming at you, its easy to tell that the AI is a little daft. The weapons are nice with secondary fire but none are all that useful. You'll find that you stick to the primary fire of the pistol a lot. The interactivity with the world around you is fairly well done, I gain quite a bit of pleasure from some of the things you can do. The settings are to open, leaving no place to take cover. The maps in general are pretty bland and monotonous. Overall: 7.25 (not an average) It would be a great game if it was not $20 for each 4-6 hour chunck of the game (episodic nature of the game), better polished, more useful weapons and work on the AI. Expand
  39. NoRefunds
    May 26, 2006
    Remember back in the day when you could get a chapter of a game as a demo or shareware release? Then you paid if you wanted the rest of the game? Well this distribution model has done away with the "try before you buy" idea. Frankly, if every chapter is $20, this model is gouging the consumer. I'm not buying the next chapters. Instead, I will wait for a compilation release that gives Remember back in the day when you could get a chapter of a game as a demo or shareware release? Then you paid if you wanted the rest of the game? Well this distribution model has done away with the "try before you buy" idea. Frankly, if every chapter is $20, this model is gouging the consumer. I'm not buying the next chapters. Instead, I will wait for a compilation release that gives you the complete game at a reduced price. I like the idea of episodes, I dislike the execution. Expand
  40. KristianE.
    May 26, 2006
    I suppose this would have been a great game 10 years ago, but I feel it's a little naive in 2006. The graphics might be acceptable, but the difficulty and length of the game is too short and way too easy. Ofcause there are a few good features, like dead men floates on water, but the AI is equvilent to a 10 year old. The story and gameplay ......well. All in all I find it a bit thin.
  41. Chili
    May 27, 2006
    Good game, but... 1) too short for the price 2) not very challenging On the positive side, 1) story line is good 2) graphics are great.
  42. JB
    May 29, 2006
    Fairly okay graphics and that's it. Gameplay, level design and the awful weapons are much worse than the original Sin. What made them think this game was up to par with today's titles? I want my money back.
  43. ShannonM.
    May 31, 2006
    too short, not enough weapons, no flashlight, controls are not set for easy access even though it is mappable.
  44. PS
    May 31, 2006
    This is far too short, even if it is going to be episodic in format. I would rather wait several more months and get a complete game. 0 replayability with this one...and by the time the next episode comes out, I won't even remember what the hell is going on. Pretty graphics, and OK weps. The best part about this game was the boobie physics, and how they applied to the female antagonist.
  45. TheHooks
    May 31, 2006
    Reminded me of a game released in 98-99 How can this come out after HL2 and on Steam and be so bland? Worst game on Steam in my opinion. At least Rag Doll was fresh. I want my money back too. I dropped a barrel on a friendly guys head and he yelled ouch and sort of stared at me. HL2 got it right with the small details that draw you in that are not present in Sin.
  46. JohnB.
    Jun 2, 2006
    Far to short and very much of the same. Total lack of new ideas, unless running around in the dark is your thing. A lot of room for improvement in the next chapter, lets hope Valve redeem themselves.
  47. TorbjörnG.
    Jun 5, 2006
    The game itself is pretty "good", especially for an FPS game. It reminds us of what a real FPS accually is all about. By "good", I mean that it packs alot, and alot of action. Not as much as an epic adventure as the first game though. Sadly enough, the game looses focus on the fact that it is "Sin". The voice acting is horrid. The new voices are totaly worthless, and why is it that John The game itself is pretty "good", especially for an FPS game. It reminds us of what a real FPS accually is all about. By "good", I mean that it packs alot, and alot of action. Not as much as an epic adventure as the first game though. Sadly enough, the game looses focus on the fact that it is "Sin". The voice acting is horrid. The new voices are totaly worthless, and why is it that John Blade no longer can speak? The major part of the first game was the dialogs. The discussions between Blade and JC keept the game alive, and the player got to know the characters in a brilliant way, not very common for FPS games. (Atleast not with much success.) If you play the first game, you will undoubtedly notice that both Blade and JC chatts while on the missions, they stick in a joke once in a while, and it gives warmth and feeling to the game. This is all but a distant memory in Sin: Emergence. To the "Sin-team", I would want to say, like an friend of mine would have said. "You have to take it in a bag of beans. In a bag of beans." Music and sound on the other side, is top class, brought to us by the audio god Zak Bellica. In the end, the game did pretty well as for being an somewhat exiting, really fun and action filled FPS game. Expand
  48. VitRa
    Jul 28, 2006
    Not Bad Game .. all it can be... Good Graphics from HF2(wich i love) and pritty good sound. Thats all. No Weapon No choise No Specifikated battles you just shoot, go foward, shoot again, oh look 3 enemys alternate fire use, granade use, lets go forward. Good Moment Was the battle with the mutant and the chopper the same time. But in fact we have a 5 hour gameplay and a sum of wasted Not Bad Game .. all it can be... Good Graphics from HF2(wich i love) and pritty good sound. Thats all. No Weapon No choise No Specifikated battles you just shoot, go foward, shoot again, oh look 3 enemys alternate fire use, granade use, lets go forward. Good Moment Was the battle with the mutant and the chopper the same time. But in fact we have a 5 hour gameplay and a sum of wasted money(i cant use anithing else) I dont think ill buy the continue. It's not worth it. Sorry for my english, im from Russia) Whaiting for Ep2 ... Hoping Sin will do better... Expand
  49. CaptainP.
    Aug 27, 2006
    Places you in overly difficult situations with under powered weapons. Setting the difficulty above casual gamer makes sections of the game so hard it may make some give up. If fighting a never ending stream of minigun weilding armor clad assailants with only a pistol and a sub machine gun with limited ammo is you idea of a fun game this is for you.
  50. DerekV.
    Feb 16, 2007
    I've just finished re-playing this game immediately after the whole Half-Life series, and the differences are stark. There's no sheen of a product that's been agonized over for years, no genuine "wow" moments. I mean, in a game that's a maximum of six hours long, don't you think they could have done something more spectacular with a ship that was BLOWING UP? But, I've just finished re-playing this game immediately after the whole Half-Life series, and the differences are stark. There's no sheen of a product that's been agonized over for years, no genuine "wow" moments. I mean, in a game that's a maximum of six hours long, don't you think they could have done something more spectacular with a ship that was BLOWING UP? But, aside from the mediocre visual qualities, my major problem was with the sheer number of details that made it impossible to suspend your disbelief, even in an action-movie type way. The clipping in the VERY FIRST cut scene, the way Blade could pull off head-shot after head-shot even after running around for several hours (necessary, but still...), the spawning of enemies in visible locations, the spawning of enemies in improbable places (Ok, a heavy gu*ard just stepped out from behind that pillar ON THE EDGE OF A BUILDING. I'll even toss a grenade in there just to be sure. Now, over I go, and... another heavy guard. remarkable.), and the overall iffy ai. Ritual warn you off the highest difficulty setting, but it's not because of the challenge you'll experience - it's certainly hard enough (hidden in a corner of the office complex with eight heavy guards coming towards you, more waiting to spawn, and having to use Jessica as an invincible bullet-sponge to survive, you'll wonder how you're ever going to get out alive), but the difficulty, again, just isn't credible. You're in an office complex, with numerous paper walls, and you're expected to survive wave after wave of minigun-wielding maniacs? Not even the most brainless action movie would be so bold. Difficulty based on number of enemies should have gone out with Space Invaders. Implementing more advanced AI may have taken more time, but boy would it have been worth it so that the "walk" button would have been more than just an inconvenience to those of use used to HL2's sprint. It might not be the Colonel J R Blade way, but until some rocket launchers are implemented, it never will be his way. All this being said, I felt the length was fine (though the development time to the second is not - if I hadn't got a new rig, I would have completely forgotten it existed), and the graphics, whilst basic for what the engine can do, did have a style that was certainly different from HL2's that I appreciated. Perhaps more variety and HDR next time, eh? Also, I really dug the game's sense of humour - shame it all had to come from the environment, not the characters. The story and pacing was adequate for such an actioner, but to be fair, the character development was such that I couldn't give a toss about what happens to Jessica in the sequel. Look at Alyx and Dog in the HL2s for a prime example of how to engender warm between characters - even if one of them is a big, mute robot, and the other one expresses concern by by putting her hands together, leaning forward slightly and putting on massive forehead wrinkles (I know you've got limited facial muscles, valve, but this is still "TV" - tone it down! - sorry, I've digressed.). A strong start, but a lot of mods carry more inventiveness than this. The next episode makes it or breaks it for me. Expand
  51. Berco
    Feb 6, 2007
    Nice looking but average. Starts out cool, but gets repetitive nearing the end.
  52. MattK.
    May 14, 2006
    Okay, i know the zero is a _little_ bit harsh, but come on!!! I have played numerous games (litterally more than a hundred, alot more) and i have GOT to say that this is the worst. That is why i gave this game a zero... It is literally the worst game i have EVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever played... Please don't buy it and encourage the people at Ritual Games [TM] ( Okay, i know the zero is a _little_ bit harsh, but come on!!! I have played numerous games (litterally more than a hundred, alot more) and i have GOT to say that this is the worst. That is why i gave this game a zero... It is literally the worst game i have EVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever played... Please don't buy it and encourage the people at Ritual Games [TM] ( but seriously Ritual Games.... ALL of your games suck.... i'm sorry, but they do. Your best game deserves maybe a four.... try making some quality games that people won't buy simply because they are on a sweet engine {congrats to valve for creating Source [TM]} Expand
  53. BellinoP.
    May 15, 2006
    Total rip off. This is just another way for a company to maximize its Profits with little input! Its way too short, the story line is nonexistent and I have seen way better Free mods then this.
    May 21, 2006
    Horrible AI. Stale Level design. Not much to write home about.
  55. DBrown
    May 31, 2006
    Sorry but I'm not impressed. 1. Lovely scenery (very nice mountains nudge nudge) but nothing happening in it. I wish my office block was as empty as the ones in this game. The only time you see a "joe public" or worker they cower in the corner. 2. I realise you need to ease people into the game, but dont sudenly ramp up the dificulty 3. Half life 2 let you be a real weasel with Sorry but I'm not impressed. 1. Lovely scenery (very nice mountains nudge nudge) but nothing happening in it. I wish my office block was as empty as the ones in this game. The only time you see a "joe public" or worker they cower in the corner. 2. I realise you need to ease people into the game, but dont sudenly ramp up the dificulty 3. Half life 2 let you be a real weasel with setting traps. But the AI in this game gets stuck behind doors and trying to get past the numerous barrels and boxs. Classic example : stick the chairs and bins infront of the 6 lift doors, wait, lob a grenade or two , done! lather, rise, repeat. 4. Mutagen barrels and bullet time. Waste of time. 5. Boss's - stick a puzzle in or some part of the environment that can be used against them (come over here ugly dude so that the nice crane can fall on you). 6. Not really and open environment just a very set path. To many locked doors. Whats wrong with me picking my own way through a building. Overall I'm not impressed. I've played it through and I've ramped up the difficulty and played it again. I've played it with only one gun (very hard later on) but now I feel like thats it, might as well remove it. Episode based games may seem like a good idea but people are going to pay their money, play a short game and then have to wait however long for another and to be honest the story line ain't making me wet myself for the next one. If Valves half life offering doesn't raise the bar then I think episode based games could have a very short life (in more ways than one). Expand
  56. JohnRutgers
    Sep 13, 2006
    It's not that grate of a game. Now I did not play that much into it. but the game just seemed clunky. only being able to jump 3 inches in the air seemed retarted.No lean, a constant fight-get hurt-heal type game. However there does apear to be a good story line. Don't get me wrong this is not a horrible game.I think it does have it's good spots. Just not worth an 8 out of 10.
  57. JasonC.
    May 19, 2007
    Ultamitely, this game is pretty boring. The graphics are pretty friendly to the eyes, but other than that the game is simply cliche FPS. Challenges arise, but they're only challenges due to the fact a bunch of enemies come at you... and hit you no matter what. You're given three guns, and none of these guns serves a greater purpose accept the starter pistol... which is only nice Ultamitely, this game is pretty boring. The graphics are pretty friendly to the eyes, but other than that the game is simply cliche FPS. Challenges arise, but they're only challenges due to the fact a bunch of enemies come at you... and hit you no matter what. You're given three guns, and none of these guns serves a greater purpose accept the starter pistol... which is only nice due to the one-hit bullets. Everything else in your arsenal either doesn't shoot straight, tries to kill you just as much as the enemy, or is extremely weak for its purpose (the shotgun, and maybe this was simply my fault, should kill things that it shoots in the head at point blank right?). The storyline is so weak its not funny. Apparently you work for a government, or anti-government (its certainly an anti-mutagenic-freakzoidic-holy crap its got claws-cliche-not again-attempt at super soldiers agency) that cares so little about you that after you've been drugged... they make YOU go on the head hunt for the antidote against militants, mutants, and militant mutants. Of course, the gratuitous T & A (no nudity) is nice, but what agency in anywhere requires its agents to wear exposed thongs? Anyways, as a guy, I can't complain about exposed underwear and villanesses with extraordinary racks, but I can complain about said T & A being used to make up for the absolute lack of any substance this game could have offered. All-in-all, for a futuristic agency, they border on pornographic instead of professional, they're guns shoot rediculously inaccurate and painfully weak, and for the love of God and all that is holy... send an agent that ISN'T drugged to do the dirty work. This game... sucks. I gave it a five for the T & A. Expand
  58. BradyS.
    May 25, 2008
    A first person shooter with a selection of... three guns to choose from?? I'm sorry, but even with my favorite gaming engine (the one from Half-Life 2... Source, is it called?) backing it, this short game is still just... boring.
  59. SilverW.
    Jun 1, 2006
    very enjoyable, could be a bit tougher. I got used to the concept of the limited number of weapons. The 'looks & feel' are good. Lookin forward to the next episode.
  60. JoeP.
    Aug 20, 2007
    Great game play, story line keeps game ineresting and increases playability.
  61. NicolasBlastocool
    Oct 16, 2006
    Dont buy that ! The game is correct near perfect , but it is the same as Half- life 2 , only very short to complete 2 hour max ( and i am an old uncle ) 20$ ,6 hours of donwload ( steam ) i am not Happy ! . This is like Arlequin book , once you read one , you have read them all ,
  62. AndyAspen
    May 11, 2006
    It's great, not best possible but great. What makes it better than avarage is that same tricks have been done as good as they can be done. Also some improvements and couple new ideas make it worth replaying couple times more. Challenge system works and it's great to find out that while the game proggresses it becomes as hard as you skills will allow it to be. It's got also It's great, not best possible but great. What makes it better than avarage is that same tricks have been done as good as they can be done. Also some improvements and couple new ideas make it worth replaying couple times more. Challenge system works and it's great to find out that while the game proggresses it becomes as hard as you skills will allow it to be. It's got also a super hard mode which is extremely fun to play since it's not allowed to save or reload game when it is toggled. Ingame music is exelent and mainmenu music (available from iTunes) is one of the best gamemenu musics ever. Maybe MaxPayne has littlebit better but still it great. So why I am giving it ten? I tell you. The truth is that I'd love to give it 8 and HalfLife2 score 7 but since this is better than usual and it's without a second thought better than HL2 or F.E.A.R or anyother FPS lately. For those who are about to think why to pay 20 Expand
  63. AllanH.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Good game I thought the game would not be that good because it was in a episode but I was surprized. The only thing I have bad to say about it is there were not enough weapons it was the same weapons throughout the game. I like this game and I can't wait for the next episode.
  64. ChrisD.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Nice to see SP development is still alive - great game, though could be longer or cheaper - not good value!
  65. MartinL.
    Jan 11, 2007
    Cons: Repetitive enemies. Not enough different guns. Some scripting bugs. Same annoying cut-scene structure as HL2. Main antagonist is completely tasteless. Having an immortal side-kick kills believability. Iron sights aiming seems to be little more than a gimmicky zoom function, which is too bad. A little short. (Nearly) silent protagonist. No chapter selection. Pros: A lot better than Cons: Repetitive enemies. Not enough different guns. Some scripting bugs. Same annoying cut-scene structure as HL2. Main antagonist is completely tasteless. Having an immortal side-kick kills believability. Iron sights aiming seems to be little more than a gimmicky zoom function, which is too bad. A little short. (Nearly) silent protagonist. No chapter selection. Pros: A lot better than the original in every respect (especially in that Blade no longer makes moronic Duke Nukem-style one-liners). Very satisfying combat (although the rag-doll physics are a little too high-powered and Hollywood-y). Weapons feel nice and powerful. Likable characters and decent voice-acting. Innovative melee and grenade system. Arena mode extends the game's life span. Expand
  66. PetriB.
    May 1, 2007
    This game is brilliant! I really enjoy every second of playing it.
  67. JensH.
    Nov 1, 2006
    Great game, just like SiN 1. Way better than Halflife 1 and 2 ever was and ever will be. Just too short, but that's understandable since Ritual will release it in episodes.
  68. GeneH
    Oct 12, 2006
    Extremely smooth and fun to play.
  69. FolkenD.
    Dec 6, 2006
    Much too short. I paid good money, which is hard to come by for me, so I expected something a little longer.
  70. KaiR.
    May 11, 2006
    Soooo much fun, little need to think things through - just kill kill kill! Could be just a little longer, but hopefully we wont have to wait long for the next 'episode' to be published.
  71. BertramW.
    May 11, 2006
    Very good overall near nonstop action, I found the way the enemies adjust from firefight to firefight quite disorientating at first, but really enjoy it now as you never know what to expect each time you fight, or re-load from a save game. Good comic book style setting and ambience. Plus Elexis is hot. Minor dissapointment was that the slow mo is a bit useless tbh.
  72. DavidK.
    May 17, 2006
    Hey, Well, to tell you the truth, the game felt too much like half life 2. I mean the physics, the monsters, the action. It basically is an addon to half life 2. I really disliked the extreme lack of interaction between the player, enviorment, and AI. One thing , howeevr that Ritual has perfected is the music scores, as well as the generic coding, i am upset though that they did not Hey, Well, to tell you the truth, the game felt too much like half life 2. I mean the physics, the monsters, the action. It basically is an addon to half life 2. I really disliked the extreme lack of interaction between the player, enviorment, and AI. One thing , howeevr that Ritual has perfected is the music scores, as well as the generic coding, i am upset though that they did not change the main menu and the look of the game, thus making no different then what modders are doing today. Another bad thing that ritual has put in place is the encryption. this include all the main music scores, desisive files, models, and maps. Overall this game deserves a SOLID 7. I belive that this game is average and hey, if you liked half life 2, and doom 3, or the original SiN, you will defenitly like this game. And on top of that you will get a got experiance from the AI. So hey, if you got cash then buy it, if not well dun bother saving up. Take it each. Expand
  73. PhillipS.
    May 18, 2006
    The only thing I can think is that the guy that gave this game a zero must work at one of Ritual's competitors, this game is pure genius. I've played shooters since the Wolf3d days, and this is the first game since Doom2 that really does the "shooter" part of FPS really REALLY well. This game uses the Source engine, but they didn't overuse the stuff that Half-Life2 did like The only thing I can think is that the guy that gave this game a zero must work at one of Ritual's competitors, this game is pure genius. I've played shooters since the Wolf3d days, and this is the first game since Doom2 that really does the "shooter" part of FPS really REALLY well. This game uses the Source engine, but they didn't overuse the stuff that Half-Life2 did like the stupid physics puzzles or long winded driving sequences. This game is also the first one in a LONG time to have the degree of interactivity that I came to expect from games like Duke Nukem, maybe Duke Forever will come out someday and will trump Sin again, but until then, Sin remains firmly on top of the interactive universe. I'm waiting on the next one, and definitely can't wait for multiplayer. Expand
  74. AlexanderR.
    May 25, 2006
    The graphics were stunning, the gameplay awesome and the environment was amazing. There were a few bugs but with time they will be fixed. This is a game that will keep me busy for hours on end. I'm defiantly looking forward for the second episode.
  75. BoS.
    May 27, 2006
    to all those who say its to short: its short because its not a full game its episodic content... its meant to be short.. okay..?!? only thing i can say i missed was blades talk... he talked a lot in sin and wages of sin but here it was a bit to silent in this one.. sound was great a few stuttering issues but thats something to do with the source engine.. that valve made.. all in all this to all those who say its to short: its short because its not a full game its episodic content... its meant to be short.. okay..?!? only thing i can say i missed was blades talk... he talked a lot in sin and wages of sin but here it was a bit to silent in this one.. sound was great a few stuttering issues but thats something to do with the source engine.. that valve made.. all in all this game is great and i especially like it being episodic meaning that the next game comes out in a few months. Expand
  76. DavidV.
    May 27, 2006
    I like the game!! I played the old game like a boy with a new toy. So i like the new one aswel. Greetz keep up the good work.
  77. Shawn
    May 27, 2006
    Awesome for all you SiN fans! (myself included) It is all you could hope for in continuing storyline of SiN. LOL the negative critism is funny. Most of the people seem confused on the concept of Episodes. For those not certain a TV episode is usually 30 minutes (when uninterrupted by commericals) and has much less quality than a 2 hour motion picture. But ultimately the story goes on much Awesome for all you SiN fans! (myself included) It is all you could hope for in continuing storyline of SiN. LOL the negative critism is funny. Most of the people seem confused on the concept of Episodes. For those not certain a TV episode is usually 30 minutes (when uninterrupted by commericals) and has much less quality than a 2 hour motion picture. But ultimately the story goes on much longer in episodes because of duration... unless its Friday 13th or Scary Movie LOL. The price and quality is great. 4 to 6 hours of game play entertainment for the same price as a DVD with 2 hours of entertainment. But i'm thinking people will get it when HL2: Episodes comes out. Hey its not for everyone, I can see that right off. But for me, the whole concept is great. I will definitely be getting SiN Episode 2. Expand
  78. Mike
    May 29, 2006
    Fun game! Just to short and needs more freedom through out the levels.
  79. JonB.
    May 29, 2006
    Nice set pieces good use of light, reasonable gameplay , bit too straight line.
  80. BrianD.
    May 30, 2006
    this continues where the previous SIN stopped. only after seven years Jessica and JC are grownup. but still fighting with you against the evil but beautiful Elexis Sinclair. Terrific graphics and puzzles in this top class shooter ! a real must have for al the first person shooters!
  81. PaulM.
    Jun 1, 2006
    Good game, 2 very nasty end of level bad guy types, other than that a nice play.
  82. AnonymousMC
    Jun 1, 2006
    Emergence is a bit like eating a jam doughnut.
    Short but delicious.
    Although gettting Sugar all over your face, and jam squirting out on the floor is annoying. It's perfectly long enough(about 6 hrs) for the amount it cost. Plenty to shoot at. Beginnings of a decent storyline - lthough it doesnt really kick in till half way. My only real gries are - you seem to
    Emergence is a bit like eating a jam doughnut.
    Short but delicious.

It's perfectly long enough(about 6 hrs) for the amount it cost.
    Plenty to shoot at.

My only real gries are
    - you seem to spend an age with just a pistol.
    - SMG and shotgun are a bit weedy and randomn
    - Too long fighting the same grunts.
    - Bit too linear - Im getting real fed up of locked doors
    - bland interiors and level design - especially at the beginning
  83. JarredW.
    Jun 1, 2006
    Not bad, but not great either. The end battle (climbing a tower and winning the final fight) was pretty reminiscent of HL2's conclusion. $20 for 5-6 hours of game play, vs. $60 for 20-30 hours with HL2? Yeah, episodic content is great... for making money. Longer episodes, please!
  84. FairD.
    Jun 1, 2006
    This is a good game. Perhaps not a 10, but I gave it a 10 to make up for all the uneducated hormonally-imbalanced pre-adults who thought with their genitals and gave it a 1 rating.
  85. DarylL.
    Jun 5, 2006
    I would reate and 8.5. It was simple, but the story was good. Not a lot of weapons to choose from, and the bad guys all look the same. But it was a sit and shoot game, which is a pleasant take break from the more complicated shooters out there. It's a nice way to spend a weekend at home when the wife is out of time.
  86. MartinK.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Not very original, but certainly enjoyable. I was excited about a continuation of an old favourite of mine, although I felt like it lacked the character of the first one -especiallty with Blade who pretty much said nothing the whole time, unlike the first Sin (classic bad-ass). Now; I won't complain about the length, after all, it was only the first episode, but indeed, it did seem Not very original, but certainly enjoyable. I was excited about a continuation of an old favourite of mine, although I felt like it lacked the character of the first one -especiallty with Blade who pretty much said nothing the whole time, unlike the first Sin (classic bad-ass). Now; I won't complain about the length, after all, it was only the first episode, but indeed, it did seem repetitive with weapons and enemies. I would like to see more variety in terms of weapons, enemies and the environment, maybe some more smart-ass dialogue as in the first Sin, and perhaps a more developed storyline. There seems to be a good deal of controversy in people's opinions of this game, with some extremely disgruntled ones, but I still have good hopes for the future episodes of this game. Great fun, don't give up hope. I'm looking forward to future installments. Bring it on. Expand
  87. AnsonG.
    Jul 7, 2006
    Believe a hype of this game. This game is a mixture of Half-Life 2. The graphics and display was nice and good quality. I was impressed of this major action scenes. The enemies are quite challenging and intelligent. If u are searching for intensity and fast paced chaos, u will only enjoy the multiplayer experience. The environment physics gives a nice feel, the storyline was a blast to Believe a hype of this game. This game is a mixture of Half-Life 2. The graphics and display was nice and good quality. I was impressed of this major action scenes. The enemies are quite challenging and intelligent. If u are searching for intensity and fast paced chaos, u will only enjoy the multiplayer experience. The environment physics gives a nice feel, the storyline was a blast to play through and the action was amazing. What can i say? It is amazing. Expand
  88. PeterW.
    Sep 18, 2006
    Excellent. I love it!
  89. AnthonyB.
    Sep 30, 2006
    It was an awesome game kinda short and at the begining scene when they were in the car and he hiloosinated the one lady I didnt so much like that but ill give the highest vote for good gameplay hopefully episode 2 will have more weapons.
  90. ShaneG.
    Jan 10, 2007
    This game was very fun I am anxiously waiting for the next one.
  91. CarlS.
    May 28, 2007
    I rate this game a 10 because it's a pretty good game. Had me hoppin near the end with the last boss. But I got em. Waiting for the next episode.
  92. JesusR.
    Oct 22, 2006
    An awesome game, great for fans of the first SiN and for FPS lovers alike.
  93. MacDuro
    May 12, 2006
    A good history, nice enemies, weapons and sounds.
  94. TimJ.
    May 12, 2006
    After playing for the first couple stages it reminded me of the fun times i had with the original SIn games. The thrill of the hunt and hunted, this game has it all.
  95. I.Whitacre
    May 12, 2006
    Looks great, and has a lot of interaction, I like being able to pick up boxes etc... The AI is pretty poor, I ran around a group of enimies who where ducking behind a fallen pop machine, I killed one and ended up behind the other. He didn't seem to mind that his buddy's head just blew up, and the killer, me, was hanging out 2 ft behind him. That said, heads do explode, the Looks great, and has a lot of interaction, I like being able to pick up boxes etc... The AI is pretty poor, I ran around a group of enimies who where ducking behind a fallen pop machine, I killed one and ended up behind the other. He didn't seem to mind that his buddy's head just blew up, and the killer, me, was hanging out 2 ft behind him. That said, heads do explode, the action is quick, and overall I liked it! Hopefully the future episodes improve upon some of the AI problems. Expand
  96. One-up
    May 13, 2006
    After reading other user reviews I hope more avid gamers might find this review useful. I couldn
  97. Tmlkml
    May 14, 2006
    Best game ever. If it was 50 bucks, I'd be pissed, I only paid 18 bucks(pre-order). If you aren't stupid, thick headed, or a total moron, you'll love this game.
  98. NathanaelR.
    May 14, 2006
    Decent shooter which suffers from difficulty scaling problems. Otherwise it's a fine example of no nonsense FPS goodness that is well executed and slickly produced. There's little original here, but it's done so well that you don't care that it's a mindless action game because you're having fun. However, if you use quicksaves every time you die, the game Decent shooter which suffers from difficulty scaling problems. Otherwise it's a fine example of no nonsense FPS goodness that is well executed and slickly produced. There's little original here, but it's done so well that you don't care that it's a mindless action game because you're having fun. However, if you use quicksaves every time you die, the game difficulty ends up scaling out of control - something that is usually only found out the hard way. Best advice is to simply make use of the autosaves - they allow the difficulty to be scaled down if you keep dying on a certain area. The MI3 or Armageddon movie of computer games - mindless, unoriginal, not too bright, but slick, well executed, and highly entertaining. Expand
  99. JamesH.
    May 14, 2006
    Fantastic game. Excellent AI, wonderful storyline and believable characters. I really love Ritual's dynamic challenge system, which helps you (Indirectly) if you get stuck at a particular point without detracting from the challenge. Source really gives this game the thrust it needs and proves once again to be a flexible and powerful engine.
  100. Remmy
    May 15, 2006
    Sin Emergence makes for both a mediocre game and a terrific mod. If you purchase the game expecting hours of gameplay with unique enemies and weapons then you will be sorely dissapointed--as I was at first; however if you purchase this game with the expectation of a mod then the game will be worth it. As reviews before have stated the game is rather linear, somewhat clostraphobic, and the Sin Emergence makes for both a mediocre game and a terrific mod. If you purchase the game expecting hours of gameplay with unique enemies and weapons then you will be sorely dissapointed--as I was at first; however if you purchase this game with the expectation of a mod then the game will be worth it. As reviews before have stated the game is rather linear, somewhat clostraphobic, and the weaponry selection is poor at best (3 weapons overall). Enemies are relentless and have the tendency to shoot through walls; also due to the relentless assault by the SinTEK rent-a-cops there is rarely a lull where you can stop and catch your breath--perhaps the creators thought they could justify such a short game by throwing in twice as many enemies in half the content. The game is also very challenging, which can lead to momentary fustration but in the end it's one of the few positive [unique] aspects of the game which make it enjoyable--nothing is better then that feeling of overcoming the seemingly impossible (I'd just wish they would give you some time inbetween battles to relish). The voice acting and character design is both well done and well thought out, again making this an impressive mod but not a true game. Expand

1. While it has its flaws, it's paced well, full of action, and managed to keep us smiling all the way to the end. With a tweak here and a polish there, Ritual could really be onto something good. Bring on part two.
  2. This is a pretty-looking, short, budget-priced, by-the-numbers futuristic shooter that's most notable for its episodic nature and its old heritage.
  3. It's a bland taste to a cultured palette. But it's fun, too, and self-aware.