Sins of a Solar Empire PC

8.2

1. May 19, 2012
    An excellent strategy game, with great amounts of variety, especially in the upcoming Rebellion expansion. Controls take a little bit to get the hang of, but after that it's fun as can be. Only drawback is the lack of a single-player campaign, but I believe that's being worked on in the Rebellion expansion as well. The other two expansions, Entrenchment and Diplomacy, add differentAn excellent strategy game, with great amounts of variety, especially in the upcoming Rebellion expansion. Controls take a little bit to get the hang of, but after that it's fun as can be. Only drawback is the lack of a single-player campaign, but I believe that's being worked on in the Rebellion expansion as well. The other two expansions, Entrenchment and Diplomacy, add different technologies and structures while still building on the backstory to the game itself. In place of single-player campaigns, it has multiple scenarios in varying sizes. Without a doubt a fun strategy game. Expand
  2. Andrew
    Oct 6, 2008
    To Start off this game is by no means a short game, or a game that is meant to use a quick rush. You must be thoughtful and tactical to accomplish what you want in this game and with the three different races there is enough differences to make you use a different strategy while still keeping the game balanced. Another Plus is that this game is that you can play an epic space game on aTo Start off this game is by no means a short game, or a game that is meant to use a quick rush. You must be thoughtful and tactical to accomplish what you want in this game and with the three different races there is enough differences to make you use a different strategy while still keeping the game balanced. Another Plus is that this game is that you can play an epic space game on a budget. I am playing this game below specs and it still runs smooth on medium, so there are no requirements like crysis to play a cool game. It is a very deep game making you choose where you put you defensive structures, because you can only have so many on any planet. The best part of all is that you can design your own star systems to play using galaxy forge and that it is that you can mod the game. The only downside i can possibly see is that the game is TOO epic, but me liking massive long drawn out wars of survival in space while staying un-dumb downed and not to complex. I love this game and if you like epic drawn out space battles for the survival of your people and see epic space battles close up then this is your game. and Long Live the Unity. Expand
  3. Jun 19, 2011
    This game fills a void in my heart. I've always yearned for a game where you fight an intergalactic (well, in this game it's a solar system, but still) war. You manage your planets, built your fleets, conduct research, and wage war. It's a very fun and unique game. It takes place in real time but the pace is slower than most real time strategy games. The game plays unlike any otherThis game fills a void in my heart. I've always yearned for a game where you fight an intergalactic (well, in this game it's a solar system, but still) war. You manage your planets, built your fleets, conduct research, and wage war. It's a very fun and unique game. It takes place in real time but the pace is slower than most real time strategy games. The game plays unlike any other strategy game I've encountered. The biggest problem is the lack of meaningful ways to change the outcome of fleet battles. In this game the outcome is almost always determined before you engage in combat, and it basically comes down to who has the most ships. Tactics are non-existent for the most part, but the strategy is very much there. Recommended for people who like space battles and nuking planets. (Don't we all?) Expand
  4. Aug 24, 2011
    fun game to play every once in a while, but the thing that really kills it, is the fact that there is no story mode or single player campaign at all. this is especially important since the game has an opening sequence that seems to hint at an epic story, and then you get to the main menu and find out that theres absolutely nothing...
  5. Tristan
    Jul 4, 2008
    Bland and unoriginal. The capital ship system is identical to WC3's hero system, the space battles look boring, there is no storyline, there are no backgrounds for the races or ships, the gameplay feels like any other RTS game where you churn out units to throw into combat. The voice acting is ok, the music is quite good and the graphics are nothing spectacular.
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    So glad i picked this up for pennies in the bargain bin of i would have wasted a lot more money than i did.
    Good:
    -Style
    -idea
    Bad:
    -Terrible AI
    -Too tong to play
    -unhelpful interface
    -story with no campaign (needed both or none)
  7. Aug 12, 2012
    An excellent 4X type game. You really get the sense of massive ships blasting each other apart. Games take a very long time to play out, but if you enjoy the genre this won't matter. The graphics are decent, I really enjoy the multiple independent guns on the capitol ships.

The big drawback is that there is no single player campaign.
  8. JeffM
    Mar 29, 2008
    An uninspired attempt to combine two inherently incompatible styles of gameplay, Sins ends up falling flat on its pretty face. The scale is ridiculous, completely destroying any possibility of a suspension of disbelief. The artificiality of "jump lines" between planets, not to mention dozens of planets in a single system, is laughably dumb. For the so-called amazing battle scenes, ships An uninspired attempt to combine two inherently incompatible styles of gameplay, Sins ends up falling flat on its pretty face. The scale is ridiculous, completely destroying any possibility of a suspension of disbelief. The artificiality of "jump lines" between planets, not to mention dozens of planets in a single system, is laughably dumb. For the so-called amazing battle scenes, ships just warp into an area, then sit there and shoot at each other until the exploding is over. Yawn. Homeworld this is not. Stick with Space Empires if you want a 4X turn-based game. Or maybe go dust off Homeworld or try out Sword of the Stars. But stay away from Sins... it tries to be all things and comes up a big loser. Expand
  9. Pontifex
    Mar 31, 2008
    Starcraft meets Masters of Orion. Not terribly impressive at either. Loses a lot of points for not having a SINGLE PLAYER campaign. Were they too busy ripping off two superior games to hire some voice actors and a decent script writer? A single player serves two functions: To get the player used to the controls and the interface and To entertain. So this game really loses points for not Starcraft meets Masters of Orion. Not terribly impressive at either. Loses a lot of points for not having a SINGLE PLAYER campaign. Were they too busy ripping off two superior games to hire some voice actors and a decent script writer? A single player serves two functions: To get the player used to the controls and the interface and To entertain. So this game really loses points for not having one. I would go so far as to label it "half a game" because of its short coming. Expand
  10. RanbirC.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Solid RTS but not the epic RT4x it is boasting to be. If anything, it's just a slower but still standard RTS affair.
  11. ClintG.
    Apr 16, 2008
    you really have to want to play this a RTS set in space to wanna play this game, because it is the best of it's type as you can tell by the high score. Of course I would assume it's only merited against games of this exact type wich in this case is like being the brightest kid on the short bus. This game is booooring ! very very boring and haveing a huge tec tree ware everything you really have to want to play this a RTS set in space to wanna play this game, because it is the best of it's type as you can tell by the high score. Of course I would assume it's only merited against games of this exact type wich in this case is like being the brightest kid on the short bus. This game is booooring ! very very boring and haveing a huge tec tree ware everything mainly does the same this just called something different, kinda gives you the illusion of content. Unfortunatly there really isn't much there aside from the large scale as you will find out after playing about 2 games. In my opinion if have alot of time to waste I suggest watching paint dry instead of waisting money on this game. Expand
  12. Feb 6, 2012
    How is it possible not to like this game?! Well, maybe multiplayer junkies. Epic space battles, uber campaings (sure they are technicly skirmish games, just get over it!). Who doesn't like an uber battles between multi-hundred ship super-fleets?! This game lives up to its discription. EPIC!!!
  13. Celius
    Aug 21, 2009
    Play about an hour and you don't need to play anymore, you've seen all it has to offer and it just happens over and over again
  14. Dan
    Mar 5, 2008
    No single player campaign and very bugged multiplayer. One of the game's features is bugged and can give players extra resources, up to infinity. Online plays degenerates into who can exploit this better. Developers knew about this serious bug for weeks and did not fix it. They first pretended it didn't exist, then claimed it does not affect game play. Not worth your time & money.
  15. WolfMan
    May 19, 2008
    This review is directed more toward the casual gamer. As a casual gamer who plays for a good story this game utterly fails on both marks. The game play requires constant babysitting and the storyline, well, outside the tempting intro cg there is none, no campaigns, dull. The tutorial lacks any narration and you have to read ugly red text to get through it, I didn't play this game for This review is directed more toward the casual gamer. As a casual gamer who plays for a good story this game utterly fails on both marks. The game play requires constant babysitting and the storyline, well, outside the tempting intro cg there is none, no campaigns, dull. The tutorial lacks any narration and you have to read ugly red text to get through it, I didn't play this game for months because I hated the tutorial with a passion. The voices are much to be desired I don't play one of the races because the voices are irritating. Frankly, I am surprised this game got high ratings and had buyers remorse after being duped by the ratings. Back to the game play, yes, I know I can edit the options and change how everything interacts but the game simply comes off as an eye sore. The pirates are just annoying as you can bribe them to attack the other player, but there are no real warnings if the other player raises the bribe and moments before the pirates begin their raid you have to babysit the Pirates menu to watch for an increase. I don't touch multiplayer as a casual gamer and since there is little to be enjoyed from single play. This game reminded me of those Nintendo games that were ridiculously hard or annoying just to make you angry... yeah I'm not interested. I intend on ejecting this game into space, I'll go back to playing Freelancer. 3 points for pretty graphics. Expand
  16. DanB
    Oct 15, 2008
    Fun, but the game's take way too much time. I played a multiplayer game with a friend of mine. We picked a decent medium sized map, and it still took just over 7 hours to complete. We saved halfway and started back up on another day so it was not all in one session, but still, a game should be fun. This game is just too boring to keep playing when the games get too long.
  17. ThinkGamer
    Mar 4, 2008
    No single player campaigns. Playing vs AI on random maps is predictable and easy. So the game is meant for mostly online play, however its poor online designs hold back the game. If you want to play online, you have to either reconfigure your network or find someone else willing to do so. The online experience for players seems to be waiting in the lobby and complain they can't join No single player campaigns. Playing vs AI on random maps is predictable and easy. So the game is meant for mostly online play, however its poor online designs hold back the game. If you want to play online, you have to either reconfigure your network or find someone else willing to do so. The online experience for players seems to be waiting in the lobby and complain they can't join games. Even if you get into an online game, it crashes or drops, which is a severe problem for this game because each game takes a long time, up to 4 hours. After building up slowly for an hour then the host player drops, the game is dead for everyone. So you just wasted an hour for nothing and it happens frequently. Expand
  18. RayC.
    Feb 11, 2008
    Apart from the plagiarizing of many aspects from an older game called Hegomonia, this game is awesome. It kind of feels like the Total War series, but with space combat in lieu of medieval times. Though Total War is turned base and Sins is not, it still has that same
  19. Lars
    Feb 11, 2008
    It's definitely not Homeworld nor is it C&C. Best to wait for the demo before making the mistake and buying this one.
  20. Rizak
    Feb 16, 2008
    It's overly complicated UI and gameplay is sadly Sins greatest weakness. But if your still a fan of PC games, love games that are overly complicated and have pretty particle FX, Sins should feel like comfort food.
  21. Rylos
    Feb 5, 2008
    Meh.. Empire at War space battles are better and more epic.
  22. TheGreatCow
    Feb 8, 2008
    Great looking game, but nothing more. Typical generic strategy game. There are much better games out there to spend your money on.
  23. JohnnyBadhair
    Dec 18, 2008
    Crippling DRM. I mean even worse than Spore's. There's really nothing else that needs to be said about this game.
  24. Jeff
    Feb 12, 2008
    Command and conquer this game is not. If your're a fan of games like C&C, WIC, or UAW you'll find SOSE to be overly complex and the action in spurts. The game looks great so its no wonder the press like it. Could have been a better game if the turn based aspect was removed for more traditional RTS gameplay.
  25. GrantL.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Just awesome. Need I say more?
  26. Jan 24, 2011
    No amount of words could possibly describe how epic this game is. Play it. Get the torrent if you want. You will end up buying it. A truly spectacular creation.
  27. Jun 23, 2011
    No story line. Battles are all the same, playing few or many planets. No strategy is needed as the player with the most and biggest ships wins. Diplomacy or culture influence is not needed. For young and mentally less develop player. More a first person shooting than strategy game. Does not even come close to Homeworld, Nexus and other space strategy games.
  28. Sep 22, 2011
    This game kicks ass. It's pretty much a combination of Homeworld 2 and any regular 4X space empire game. You could also see it as a space version of Supreme Commander, it's goddamn epic. Like, battles with fleets of over 200 ships.

Plus, there's absolutely no DRM, if you know what I mean. While I describe it as Supreme Commander in Space, Sins has a much better UI. Supreme Commander wasn't all that great IMO because the pacing was slow as hell and you had to individually upgrade all the tiny little resource poiints which really got annoying. You also do a lot of teching in Sins but it's all very easy and intuitive, without feeling like a chore.

The only thing this game lacks is a singleplayer campaign with a storyline, but the open sandbox levels do an adequate job.
  29. Nov 23, 2011
    The amount of depth, strategy, and amour of stuff you can do in this game is mind boggling. While the story is limited and there is no campaign, Sins offers endless hours of galactic warfare, and getting the Trinity version deepens the experience further. There is also a large modding community and an upcoming expansion on the way!
  30. Oct 17, 2013
    I don't understand at all why anyone likes these games from Stardock entertainment sins of a solar empire and galactic civilizations both included. They feel like a student project and not a polished retail product, the gameplay and interfaces are so ridiculously clunky and there is never any synergy or flow to the commands. There are way too many extra wasted units and features thatI don't understand at all why anyone likes these games from Stardock entertainment sins of a solar empire and galactic civilizations both included. They feel like a student project and not a polished retail product, the gameplay and interfaces are so ridiculously clunky and there is never any synergy or flow to the commands. There are way too many extra wasted units and features that don't even feel like they have any use because of the abundance. More content is not always a good thing when the content is piss poor. You can't even land on any of the planets that you encounter even once you have taken them over an "settled" them. The only thing you can do is move along an unrealistic 2-Dimensional plane fixated in space. WHICH ISN"T EVEN HOW SPACETIME LOOKS!!?!?!...it curves more intensely at points of greater mass. This game is a crappy version in "Space" of all it's Strategy/RTS predecessors that brings absolutely nothing new to the table and has a completely bland feel with no characters, story line or anything of any importance that is tangible to relate to.

If you think these ridiculously terrible games are good then please look at all of the Wing Commander games and Homeworld and the years that they came out. Games that still today are even more entertaining than this completely waste of time hunk of crap. AVOID at all costs!
  31. MarkusE.
    Feb 14, 2008
    RTS meets 4X in space. Looks deceptively simple, but there is a lot to it. Massive fleet battles that are still controllable by the player without descending into confusion. Good choice of races. No SP campaing but the devs are working on it I think. Great community - this game will have tons of mods and the devs offer the best support seen in a long time. Well done!
  32. MattB.
    Jun 30, 2008
    This game accomplishes everything ironclad games designed it to do, it has a slight learning curve with the GUI but other than that its good my only complaint and thusly the reason i only gave it a ten was due to its lack of single player storyline their is none literally this game was intentionally built as multiplayer even though it possesses a single player option.
  33. JoeF
    Sep 6, 2008
    A truly epic strategy game. Though it takes elements from 4X, it is essentially an RTS at much bigger scale. Fans of more generic RTS games like C&C will need to have half a brain, though. Lack of a "campaign" is of little consequence (does anyone complain that the Civ games don't have campaigns?), though the races and backstory are a bit clichéd.
  34. KevinR
    Sep 1, 2009
    This is one of the greatest Strategy games of all time. The 4X combo of RTS battles along with civ building make this game utterly addicting, and at the same time fulfilling.
  35. MatthewB.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Seems at first sight like a flawed masterpiece. I think the problem is that it's tried to throw all the best bits of RTS and 4X into a melting pot in the hope it can create something new and bright. It kind of works. But for me lacks the speed and adrenaline of a good RTS, and the thoughtfulness of a 4X. 10/10 for effort and trying to break the mold!
  36. WilliamL.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Excellent hybrid of the 4X and RTS genres. Great fun for anyone from a seasoned RTS or 4X veteran to a newcomer to either or both genres. Absolutely worth playing if you're at all interested in it.
    Feb 4, 2008
    This game is absolutely amazing, I have played the beta which has about half of what the final product has and it has kept me busy for months.
  38. AllanH.
    Feb 7, 2008
    One of the best games I have played in a very long time. Space RTS with more of a focus on the Tactical side than the strategy side. Add to this elements of the 4X genre and Ironclad have made themselves a winner. Don't expect to see the typical "zerg" type rushes in this game. Its all about tactics, strategies and also careful and cunning planing. With the inclusion of a MP save One of the best games I have played in a very long time. Space RTS with more of a focus on the Tactical side than the strategy side. Add to this elements of the 4X genre and Ironclad have made themselves a winner. Don't expect to see the typical "zerg" type rushes in this game. Its all about tactics, strategies and also careful and cunning planing. With the inclusion of a MP save this will make playing those epic games possible. Expand
  39. Geoff
    Apr 9, 2008
    Seems like it marrys the complex & simple thing very well, which makes it a great strategy game. The UI is very easy to understand, left click means add 1 to que, right click means subtract 1 from que. Getting used to the sidebar is a pain for your first game, but otherwise it would be far too difficult to play effectively with the large scale, and once you get used to it the game becomes Seems like it marrys the complex & simple thing very well, which makes it a great strategy game. The UI is very easy to understand, left click means add 1 to que, right click means subtract 1 from que. Getting used to the sidebar is a pain for your first game, but otherwise it would be far too difficult to play effectively with the large scale, and once you get used to it the game becomes much eaiser. Very good graphics, not the best, but very good, and since it blends RTS with a small bit of turn based (so small you wont notice it in the game engine), lower end computers can handle the large scale when they would otherwise not be able to, ala Supreme Commander. Very fun, has only a few minor sound flaws, and very very addictive. 10 for Graphics, scale, UI, new UI invetions like the auto-building placer, unit design, and "campy" additude towards the game that make it fun. -1 for a few overly-acted sounds (I blame the voice directors), and the 2nd or 3rd game required learning curve, (getting used to the UI sidebar, and how to actually play - you pretty much get thrown into a game, with only minor direction on how the game mechanics work). Expand
  40. BarisK
    Jan 10, 2009
    A perfect game. It's just like those games that stay installed on your computer for years, and whenever you're bored with what you're playing, you can just engage in a breath-taking space battle or two.
  41. BrunoT.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Best space RTS ever... score only 9 because of single core and 32 bits limitation... so big scale game can lead to slowdown or out of memory on the biggest map... anyway, it remain a top game
  42. MatthewH.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fantastic. Steep learning curve but seriously worth it - once you've played a couple of games you'll forget the other RTSs in your collection.
  43. Chris
    Feb 24, 2008
    An incredibly fun and enjoyable RTS that doesn
  44. AnonymousMC
    Feb 20, 2008
    Calling this game revolutionary would be an understatement.

Stardock brought real time strategy into the 4x Genre. A task that most people would have deemed impossible. And they pulled it off and did so with retaining most of the complexity while merging it with the fluent natural gameplay of real time games. One can only be astonished.
  45. JoeF.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Its a very good game but not the most amazing I have every played. I think that I need to be better at it before I can rank it any higher. But it is WELL worth your money.
  46. CP
    Feb 5, 2008
    A spectacular game that produces incredible gameplay with minimal system specs. An excellent game worthy of any strategy/RTS fans hard earned credits/tiberium/what have you.
  47. LiamM.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Great advancement of the 4x Genre and the RTS genre; the game has some growing to do but Ironclad appear to be willing to do that with this game.
  48. RichardL.
    Feb 6, 2008
    Brilliant game that, like GalCiv(+2) before it requires only a few tweaks to become perfect!
  49. JonathanW.
    Feb 7, 2008
    A little bit of a learning curve is involved, but once you get past that you'll be rewarded with an excellent RTS/turn-based 4X hybrid. The scaling system like that used in 'Supreme Commander' is well suited here, and makes a potentially cumbersome game work great! Definitely worth the time and money.
  50. AugustZ.
    Feb 8, 2008
    Outstanding. Stardock proves again that they have their finger on the pulse of strategy gamers. Combining the best elements of Galactic Civs 2 and RTS, they have crafted a unique, immensely enjoyable game that fans of either will be able to lose themselves in for hours.
  51. SpencerM.
    Apr 21, 2008
    This is a very good game me and my friends love it the one thing that i did'nt like about it is that when i read the manual and read about the races i thought that there would be a campaign it has a good story line and each race is perfect in its own little way if they found a way to bring it out for xbox 360 there would be a 90% chance that its name would spread everywhere to gamers This is a very good game me and my friends love it the one thing that i did'nt like about it is that when i read the manual and read about the races i thought that there would be a campaign it has a good story line and each race is perfect in its own little way if they found a way to bring it out for xbox 360 there would be a 90% chance that its name would spread everywhere to gamers and they could make alot of money off of it too. Expand
  52. MeestykL.
    May 31, 2008
    This "game" feels more like a dock. There is apparently no campaign mode, just a sandbox mode! You play on premaps or you build one to play on. Beats the previous games with the same genre, but totally lacks campaign with the backdrop story. I got bored quickly solo mode. I have yet to try multiplayer's mode.
  53. JacobBartle
    Jun 1, 2008
    A good game. It feels like I'm playing Homeworld with planets, rather than Master of Orion with real-time combat.

The AI is somewhat simple-minded, and easily defeated by investing exclusively in capital ships and military research.

I got this game partly because of the Stardock name. I have a lot of respect for those guys.
  54. JohnN.
    Sep 27, 2008
    This game is the perfect mix between Galactic Civ and Homeworld. Its slower pacing (compared to recent RTS games) and more thoughtful gameplay make for a renewed, fresh experience. It is also surprisingly scalable and will work on almost any machine, even slow laptops which struggle with playing Solitaire. The depth of this epic creation will most likely keep you and your friends awake This game is the perfect mix between Galactic Civ and Homeworld. Its slower pacing (compared to recent RTS games) and more thoughtful gameplay make for a renewed, fresh experience. It is also surprisingly scalable and will work on almost any machine, even slow laptops which struggle with playing Solitaire. The depth of this epic creation will most likely keep you and your friends awake deep into the night... And if that wasn't enough, Stardock and Ironclad are supporting this game like I've never seen before! Oh and, this game is just about DRM free, which is a real treat. Makes for a change in this "security"-ridden modern world. Expand
  55. CJCook
    Mar 4, 2009
    So simply and deep you'll wonder why all the other mass RTS are such crap. Applies all the goods from other game types like it and strips the ridiculous complexity out to make for smooth, fast and deep empire building game play.
  56. ScottD
    Aug 1, 2009
    Hmmmm, There seem to be people complaining aboiut the lenght of time it takes to complete a match, im currently on and off with a save (on fast game speed) that has lasted 11 hours, it is on the largest map possible with the most amount of players possible it is a free for all. only 2 A.I.s have been vanquished. it is the most fun ive ever had in the space genere, homeworld games are too Hmmmm, There seem to be people complaining aboiut the lenght of time it takes to complete a match, im currently on and off with a save (on fast game speed) that has lasted 11 hours, it is on the largest map possible with the most amount of players possible it is a free for all. only 2 A.I.s have been vanquished. it is the most fun ive ever had in the space genere, homeworld games are too short and you cant get enough capital ships, master of orion 3 takes too long o get the really big ships, but this one allows you to get them from the start!! GENIUS. the reason i gabe this game a 10 is because, quite simply, it is the best space RTS and also the bes space 4X game. Expand
  57. WillC.
    Jan 17, 2010
    Definately worth your time, and well deserving of it's place at 157th on the best PC games of all time. The games can be slowed right down to allow time for strategic planning, or sped up so that you could play a real quick game on your wit and instinct. The races are relatively well balanced (although still seems to revolve around a basic rock/paper/scissors idea) and the developers Definately worth your time, and well deserving of it's place at 157th on the best PC games of all time. The games can be slowed right down to allow time for strategic planning, or sped up so that you could play a real quick game on your wit and instinct. The races are relatively well balanced (although still seems to revolve around a basic rock/paper/scissors idea) and the developers have added features that make the game's many fight scenes almost like a cinematic out of a sci-fi film. The AI is very advanced (especially in the later patches) and capable of follwing orders and summing up tactical situations, but also a little cowardly and all too prone to making as many friends as possible and leading a massive group attack on your empire. Nasty. (you can lock the teams so they can't, but...) All in all, the only part lacking in this game is a campaign - but get a couple friends hooked and boot up a LAN game, and suddenly a game that may only have lasted an hour or 2 against the AI could last weeks. Just because of how predictable human nature is(n't). Expand
  58. RyanG.
    Feb 11, 2008
    Brilliantly thought out and extremely versatile, the only thing that holds this game from being a straight 10 is the lack of a single player campaign. Stardock and Ironclad willingly accept criticism and put as much love into the patches as the original game. They solicit comments from fans and implement changes designed to make the game as good as possible. The ability to zoom out from a Brilliantly thought out and extremely versatile, the only thing that holds this game from being a straight 10 is the lack of a single player campaign. Stardock and Ironclad willingly accept criticism and put as much love into the patches as the original game. They solicit comments from fans and implement changes designed to make the game as good as possible. The ability to zoom out from a single ship to view multiple galaxies is breathtaking. Scaling fleet limits make building strategic and eliminate the ability to quick-spam games into an early demise. Truly a game of deep strategy, it's not for the twitch gamers. As someone who enjoyed Warcraft 2 and loved Civilization 2, as well as Master of Orion (all three!), Galactic Civilizations 2, and all manner of RTS games like Command & Conquer: Red Alert, C&C3, and more, this game is a pure blend of the best elements of both. Grand scale, amazing strategy, and all in heart-pounding real-time. Strategy fans take note: this is the game you've been waiting for. Expand
  59. WesleyK.
    Feb 12, 2008
    While a bit tough to get into, Sins eventually proves itself to be a culmination of years of 4X and RTS development. Several of the aspects may at first seem simplified, as the RTS battles pack none of the intensity of StarCraft, and the 4X management just barely washes Civilization's feet, but over time it becomes obvious that this is done for a reason. The game is complex enough as While a bit tough to get into, Sins eventually proves itself to be a culmination of years of 4X and RTS development. Several of the aspects may at first seem simplified, as the RTS battles pack none of the intensity of StarCraft, and the 4X management just barely washes Civilization's feet, but over time it becomes obvious that this is done for a reason. The game is complex enough as is; if the features had been implemented with full sophistication, the player's brain would likely implode. Despite the slight simplification, Sins is a must buy for any who are fans of the fast paced RTS combat of StarCraft or Homeworld, yet are still partial to the slower 4X in Civilization. Expand
  60. ChrisB.
    Feb 12, 2008
    A massively epic game in the same vein of Supreme Commander and Homeworld. 100's of planets to colonize, easy interface, and plenty of action when ships enter combat. If you like seeing tons of space craft blowing up everything, intelligent strategy and lots of fun, get this game.
  61. RohanC.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Extremely awesome game Too bad it was a little hard to get in Australia Disclusion of a Campaign is a let down but still a great game if you can get a hold of it.
  62. DanielP.
    Feb 15, 2008
    An excellent empire builder of epic scale.
  63. JamieM.
    Feb 16, 2008
    A fun game. Lack of a campaign is a bit disappointing but with a game on this big a scale it's to be expected.
  64. JamesM.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game. All the addictiveness of a Civ like game but in real time. Amazing feat to pull it all off with such elegance.
  65. Quemaqua
    Feb 18, 2008
    A wonderfully addictive strategy title that marries two overall gameplay genre ideologies without making either one feel as though it has to be the bastard child. High quality stuff. There are a few technical bugs, but Ironclad is going places, with Stardock continuing to publish their way up the food chain as they have been for some time now.
  66. Bob
    Feb 19, 2008
    looks amazing, has the tactical zoom of Supreme commander, where you can zoom onto a single unit all the way out to the galaxy map. also looks like and moves like homeworld. dont expect quick games as the scale of the game is huge. Personally I found it a bit complicated to start of with but by the 5th game i began to understand how the economy works. no campaign but a very rewarding looks amazing, has the tactical zoom of Supreme commander, where you can zoom onto a single unit all the way out to the galaxy map. also looks like and moves like homeworld. dont expect quick games as the scale of the game is huge. Personally I found it a bit complicated to start of with but by the 5th game i began to understand how the economy works. no campaign but a very rewarding single and multiplayer skirmish game. Expand
  67. DarrenZ.
    Feb 25, 2008
    Imagine taking a game like Civilization IV and turning it into a real-time game without affecting the overall pace of gameplay. That's about the best description I can think of for Sins of a Solar Empire. While it has less depth than your standard turn-based 4X title (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate), it has far more depth than your typical RTS. The pacing and scope of the game Imagine taking a game like Civilization IV and turning it into a real-time game without affecting the overall pace of gameplay. That's about the best description I can think of for Sins of a Solar Empire. While it has less depth than your standard turn-based 4X title (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate), it has far more depth than your typical RTS. The pacing and scope of the game really does contribute to thoughtful and deliberate gameplay. And then there's the outstanding interface that makes it incredibly easy and intuitive to manage an empire comprised of dozens of planets and hundreds of ships. This isn't a game for speed-junkies, so if you want your games to end in 20-minutes or less then this isn't the game for you. But if you enjoy thoughtful and strategically minded gameplay then you will not go wrong here. Easily the best strategy game of the year. Expand
  68. JakeP.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Great fun, lots to do, lots to master, just the kind of RTS I want!
  69. ChristopherS.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Extremely enjoyable and worth every penny.
  70. DennisW.
    Feb 6, 2008
    The best space strategy game I've played for years. It combines space battles as seen in Homeworld with classic planet/empire building frm turn based strategy games - but in real time. Ironclad did an amazing job integrating the two genres into a new one and making it easily accessible, giving you total control and good overview over everything at all times. This is my game of the year!
  71. GapingM.
    Feb 6, 2008
    The gameplay is good - it's indie developed so not big budget graphics and voice etc, but the gameplay is quite engaging and addictive. Takes a little time to get into imho, due to the depth of play on offer in a real-time environment. The AI is a good challenge, and while the diplomacy missions are irritating Stardock/Ironclad devs are constantly updating the title and incorporating The gameplay is good - it's indie developed so not big budget graphics and voice etc, but the gameplay is quite engaging and addictive. Takes a little time to get into imho, due to the depth of play on offer in a real-time environment. The AI is a good challenge, and while the diplomacy missions are irritating Stardock/Ironclad devs are constantly updating the title and incorporating feedback. Highly recommended if this genre is your thing. Expand
  72. mobius
    Mar 13, 2008
    Awsome game. think of a game that the tactical zoom of supreme commander the visuals of homeworld 2 and the Gameplay of Galctic Civ 2, what you will have is Sins of a solar empire. a word of warning if you go online expect your battles to last anywhere between 2 hours and 6 hours. this game is killing my social life. DAM YOU STARDOCK FOR RELEASING SUCH AN ADDICTIVE GAME.
  73. StephenM
    Mar 14, 2008
    This game will set new standards for galactic warfare/strategy games. In the old games you either got too much economy, or too much military. Even though some people criticise the fact that there is no single player campaign the AI is quite challenging and it makes good single player, however the multiplayer is out of this world (literally.) however the only problem would be that there is This game will set new standards for galactic warfare/strategy games. In the old games you either got too much economy, or too much military. Even though some people criticise the fact that there is no single player campaign the AI is quite challenging and it makes good single player, however the multiplayer is out of this world (literally.) however the only problem would be that there is no real variety between the 3 different factions. Expand
  74. Andrew
    Mar 26, 2008
    This is game is a 9.5 for what it is trying to be. All of you stupid people who hated it were not actually into games like this. It is meant to be a slow paced RTS game, this is not Empire at War or Homeworld, nor is it trying to be. Trust me, if you actually want to play a space-based, SLIGHTLY slow paced game, with huge and epic battle, this is the game for you. Dont give up the first This is game is a 9.5 for what it is trying to be. All of you stupid people who hated it were not actually into games like this. It is meant to be a slow paced RTS game, this is not Empire at War or Homeworld, nor is it trying to be. Trust me, if you actually want to play a space-based, SLIGHTLY slow paced game, with huge and epic battle, this is the game for you. Dont give up the first time, I lost my first game because i didnt effectively manage my empire, because I was a noob, learn and you will enjoy. Expand
  75. MatthewW
    Mar 3, 2008
    A absolutly charming title. I can't remember a game in recent history that makes me look up at the clock and wonder where the last 8 hrs have gone. The game blends the RTS and 4X genres beautifully. It's both accesible and dumbed down enough to make the RTS elements extremely fun and just challenging enough (namely no ship design or really intense planet micromanagement that A absolutly charming title. I can't remember a game in recent history that makes me look up at the clock and wonder where the last 8 hrs have gone. The game blends the RTS and 4X genres beautifully. It's both accesible and dumbed down enough to make the RTS elements extremely fun and just challenging enough (namely no ship design or really intense planet micromanagement that defines a lot of 4X titles) and with multiple difficulty settings this is a game anyone can get into, RIZAK who commented below is just daft obviously, any gamer who can't pick up this game and have a blast should go play halo. Expand
  76. JDizzlebizzle
    Mar 4, 2008
    Seriously disreguard rizaks comment, hes a talentless idiot. Overcomplicated? You sound weak minded and stupid, like a southerner trying to learn vocabulary. This game is a revolution in PC gaming, period. If you play PC games, its a must have. This game, is why PC dominates Console.
  77. Senn
    Mar 4, 2008
    In a world that seems to be slowly slipping into two gaming camps (MMO and console), Sins is a shining example of what PC gaming should be. The fact that the graphics scaled better than anything else currently out there while still looking good means that just about anybody who wants this game can run out and get it without dropping two grand on a new rig (Crysis, I'm looking at In a world that seems to be slowly slipping into two gaming camps (MMO and console), Sins is a shining example of what PC gaming should be. The fact that the graphics scaled better than anything else currently out there while still looking good means that just about anybody who wants this game can run out and get it without dropping two grand on a new rig (Crysis, I'm looking at you!). But where SOASE really shows its colors is in the actual gameplay. Don't be surprised to look at the clock and think "WOW! Do I REALLY have to go to work in an hour?" Hats off to Stardock and Ironclad for doing something truly innovative. Expand
  78. Autre31415
    Jul 30, 2008
    A great strategy game with an easy to learn interface and features that make it very addictive, even to casual players like myself. Don't believe the comments about "Overly complicated UI" It's very simple, build your ships and defense, increase the size of your empire, and research ways to make things easier, pair up with an empire and destroy your enemy. I love the combination A great strategy game with an easy to learn interface and features that make it very addictive, even to casual players like myself. Don't believe the comments about "Overly complicated UI" It's very simple, build your ships and defense, increase the size of your empire, and research ways to make things easier, pair up with an empire and destroy your enemy. I love the combination of tactics and the fact that no two games will play out the same way. Expand
  79. Andrew
    Jan 12, 2009
    Interesting hybrid between the well-worn RTS and 4X game formats. Sins reminds me of Lucas Arts's visionary but flawed "Star Wars:Rebellion" of 1998, which was too far ahead of its time. I've played a lot RTS and 4X games and I'd say Sins FEELS a lot like a 4X game than an RTS game due to its scale and pace but its really an RTS on a larger scale and slowed down. Sins doesn
  80. [anonymous]
    Jun 16, 2009
    This is certainly one of the best strategy games since homeworld 2. The only downside of the game is the lack of campaign but if you love space and huge battles ( and have a couple hours free time) you should not miss this one
  81. ChristopherP.
    Nov 24, 2008
    The flashiest, most well-presented RTS I've played in a while. It's second-to-none in its gargantuan scale. The best part of it is how beautifully cinematic it is when a big game comes together. It's technically an RTS, but with the scale presented, the battles that take place with enormous fleets of dozens of ships, both big and small, on each side, are freaking gorgeous. The flashiest, most well-presented RTS I've played in a while. It's second-to-none in its gargantuan scale. The best part of it is how beautifully cinematic it is when a big game comes together. It's technically an RTS, but with the scale presented, the battles that take place with enormous fleets of dozens of ships, both big and small, on each side, are freaking gorgeous. They look and sound absolutely fantastic. The ship models are not static 3D images--their parts move, arming, loading, aiming, and firing various weapons in spectacular fashion. Get a few capital ships and a fleet of LRM and flak ships, plus some support ships, and watch the ensuing chaos as you invade a system. Capital ship "abilities" (a lot like Warcraft 3's hero system, even having the ships get "ultimates" at level 6) can be very powerful, and they have the flash to show it. The game also sounds truly wonderful in the heat of things. Mute the drab music and listen to the individual sounds of the ships. From the bassy booms while bombarding planets to the whirring machinery on capital ships to the catastrophically enormous and loud explosions when huge ships explode, it's a serious audio treat that even reminds me of a game presented with the flash of Call of Duty 4, only in a different context, of course. Big fleet battles look and sound like huge space wars and are an absolute joy to watch. (Use that cinematic mode button up top when it's taking place and watch the fun without any icons in the way. Unreal.) There are a couple issues that hinder it a bit. It's a little too complicated and has unnecessarily complex research trees with way too many techs, which I think should have been cut by half. With all the research options, you have to get a lot of largely worthless techs to get to the ultra-costly big ones, which doesn't seem right. Having four or five individual techs with multiple point systems just for mining resources is unnecessary. I'd much rather just have a few big techs that take a long time to research, instead of needing to research a ton of pointless cheap techs first. Also, although you can turn them off, the system of paying mercenary pirates to attack other players doesn't really work, and only consists of a battle of the players to pay them the most money before they attack the target of the highest bidder. It's not really that interesting a feature, and it seems to complicate things a bit too much. The individual planets take some getting used to to manage, and have too many building options for my taste. I would have preferred if tactical and logistics slots were merged so I wouldn't have to spend time balancing each, which takes up too much time and isn't any fun. Also, some of the options, like exploring the planet to find hidden techs and the huge variety of buildings available, just seem to be too complicated for their own good and become excessively difficult to manage. In short, there's just way too much stuff to pay attention to, and it gets tiring. It doesn't help that the brief tutorial only teaches you the basics of commanding units and simple planet functions, but it doesn't go into any detail of how to make it all work, and never says anything about the multitude of late-game mechanics necessary to learn, but only on one's own. But, if you stick with it long enough to learn the necessary nuances, it does get easier and soon becomes fun. It's a great concept by merging the massive scale of big TBS games with RTS gameplay, and for anyone who's intrigued by this kind of thing, it's worth trying. Just keep in mind that it's not easy to learn and has a whole lot of stuff you wish you didn't have to worry about while playing. Expand
  82. SamR
    Dec 30, 2008
    This game is a strategy fan's dream; it compiles grand strategy, riveting combat and massive scale. With games stretching into tens of hours, it's simple, yet varied strategy dynamics and unit-to-universe zoom it's a winner in every asteroid field. Not too mention, it's very pretty graphics that manage not to compromise performance (admittedly running it on a hefty This game is a strategy fan's dream; it compiles grand strategy, riveting combat and massive scale. With games stretching into tens of hours, it's simple, yet varied strategy dynamics and unit-to-universe zoom it's a winner in every asteroid field. Not too mention, it's very pretty graphics that manage not to compromise performance (admittedly running it on a hefty machine) to boot! Expand
  83. TerranS.
    Feb 11, 2008
    Does an excellent job of taking the scale of TBS space conquest games and transferring that to real-time. The result is a game that starts slow but past the start provides a compelling experience that utterly immerses the player and also calls for complex strategies (and even tactics). While Supreme Commander, like Sins, put forth a compelling "new" concept and direction for RTS games, Does an excellent job of taking the scale of TBS space conquest games and transferring that to real-time. The result is a game that starts slow but past the start provides a compelling experience that utterly immerses the player and also calls for complex strategies (and even tactics). While Supreme Commander, like Sins, put forth a compelling "new" concept and direction for RTS games, its execution was lacking- it simply did not do the design justice. Sins is different. It follows through with its promises and executes them exceedingly well. Where it falters, it is more easily forgiven for it falters rarely and just does so many things right. Expand
  84. BellerahS.
    Feb 17, 2008
    Solid game, they accomplished their goal well.
  85. SocietyUnknown
    Feb 28, 2008
    Truly an expansive game. Its only weakness is a single player campaign; great potential could have been captured here. The multiplayer is great: fully fleshed out features including (but not limited to) a map editor, mods, in-game chat lobbies and more. The best part about this title is that there is absolutely no DRM!
  86. Vladeon
    Mar 24, 2008
    For most games a lack of a solid single player campaign would be a great hinderance to the game's quality. With Sins of a Solar Empire, however, the original game play and the interesting game mechanics dwarf the need for any kind of in depth single player story or campaign mode. The visuals are quite simplistic yet fairly stunning when you zoom in (quite fluidly I might add) to the For most games a lack of a solid single player campaign would be a great hinderance to the game's quality. With Sins of a Solar Empire, however, the original game play and the interesting game mechanics dwarf the need for any kind of in depth single player story or campaign mode. The visuals are quite simplistic yet fairly stunning when you zoom in (quite fluidly I might add) to the action. Bottom line: if you enjoyed playing the skirmishes that were implemented in Red Alert 2, and if you're old enough to have played and liked Pax Imperium, then you'll enjoy this game thoroughly. The only apparent down side to the game that I have found so far is the incredible complexity found within the game mechanics, which for me is a good thing, since I like complexity that leaves room for mastering. But, I could see how it could turn some people off of the game who wouldn't be able to put in the time to crack the code. Expand
  87. JimmyM
    Jun 23, 2008
    It's not overly complicated at all. In fact, if you read the last review in the list above, they basically complain that it's too simplified. It's not a game a newbie can pick up and play 10 minutes later. It has a learning curve, and it's the kind of game that people play for ages, but it takes months to master it. It's not much different to other RTS's in It's not overly complicated at all. In fact, if you read the last review in the list above, they basically complain that it's too simplified. It's not a game a newbie can pick up and play 10 minutes later. It has a learning curve, and it's the kind of game that people play for ages, but it takes months to master it. It's not much different to other RTS's in that respect, but there is just a bit more depth to this one, and some features you don't usually get in a RTS. So whereas one person would give it 1 and say it's overly complicated, I would give it 8 and say it has huge depth. I do have some issues with it, but it's a lot better than any of the C&C games, and pretty much every RTS I've played. Not a LOT better, but it pips them to my number 1 spot anyway. Expand
  88. Alex
    Jul 14, 2009
    It takes a bit of time to learn the game but once you ve understood the game mechanics and broken diplomacy system the AI is definitely no match. I guess it s great on multi though.
  89. AaronL.
    Nov 17, 2008
    Overall, epic game, but the lack of a campaign is disappointing. It is also a huge time sink, considering a medium sized map can take up to 5 hours of gameplay. Overall, good UI, great graphics and engine, sweet online game play, just add a campaign.
  90. Apr 22, 2011
    Amazing game. I'm still coming back to it after four years, and it still feels fresh. I honestly prefer it over Starcraft 1 or 2. The main reason is being that it seems easier to perform amazing intricate strategies, and there seems to be more of them, too. There is a lot of depth that exists in this gem, including many research areas, artifacts to give you an edge, leveling up capitalAmazing game. I'm still coming back to it after four years, and it still feels fresh. I honestly prefer it over Starcraft 1 or 2. The main reason is being that it seems easier to perform amazing intricate strategies, and there seems to be more of them, too. There is a lot of depth that exists in this gem, including many research areas, artifacts to give you an edge, leveling up capital ships, and establishing trade with other factions. There are more factors that play into a successful game, but it would take long to list them. The great User Interface enables the aforementioned ease of performing satisfying strategies that can result in the downfall of the enemy's homeworld, major defense center, or his/her fleet. The graphics are still pretty to look at even after four years, and are scheduled to get an improvement in an upcoming expansion pack titled Rebellion. Watching your plan unfold in beautifully rendered battles consisting of hundreds of frigates is a sight to behold. This is literally the best RTS I've ever played.

--PROS--
    - Great graphics
    - Great UI
    - Amazing depth

--CONS--
    - Very long matches
  91. Oct 28, 2011
    Another extremely addictive game, not sure which one is more addictive sins of a solar empire or galactic civilizatoions. Anyway that doesnt matter because this is a cracking game which all strategy game fans must try. FANTASTIC.
  92. Oct 6, 2011
    The people who gave this game a Red review clearly do not understand the Gamer looking for a game like this where you can spend countless hours making a solar system yours to control an fighting other powers to be for domination or other means of diplomacy, The Game has no DRM an you do not need to be connected to the internet to play it last time I checked, So some people are clearlyThe people who gave this game a Red review clearly do not understand the Gamer looking for a game like this where you can spend countless hours making a solar system yours to control an fighting other powers to be for domination or other means of diplomacy, The Game has no DRM an you do not need to be connected to the internet to play it last time I checked, So some people are clearly talking out their butt, and need to stop reviewing games just to show they are simple minded an only thing a review matters their opinion. I can put days into large system map game play, countless HOURS! Yes it is a strategy Space game, upgrade tech trees build ships an capital ships your ships upgrade via kill / battle experience. I find the game even more intriguing when you play it on cinematic view an rid yourself of the excess lines an grids. Clearly the 22 negative reviews are people who like they said want to play Master of orion or Starcraft, So simply go do that a game does not just get 130+ positive reviews for no reason. Stop reflecting your hate for a game cause you just do not like countless endless hours of strategy based games, Who cares about a campaign the game is made for mass domination an expansion. Not some cheesy linear story that certain people MUST have in order to allow a game to be something. An TBH, If you want to say starcraft is great cause of its campaign, your simply how shall I say.... Blind. Expand
  93. Nov 18, 2011
    On of the best all time RTS games of all time, well designed, epic scale, graphics decent for an RTS, runs well on most PC's, been playing it for 3 years now and still enjoying it.
  94. Nov 16, 2011
    this is my fav game ever!!! so much fun me and 3 of my friends make maps and them play on them for hours this is our third year of having it. in in our load menus we have one game that we are still playing that has 350 hours played on it best game ever if u like strategy games then get this and pre order rebellion support stardock and ironclad! so they make more of these amazing games
  95. Dec 20, 2011
    Single player game play will consist of skirmishes. You will be leading one of three possible races: TEC, Advent, or Vasari; all with their own well fleshed-out bonuses and tech trees. These tech trees are separated into Combat, Civilian, Defense, and Diplomacy if you have all three expansions; or Combat and Civilian if you have none. Your armada will include ships to fulfill every nicheSingle player game play will consist of skirmishes. You will be leading one of three possible races: TEC, Advent, or Vasari; all with their own well fleshed-out bonuses and tech trees. These tech trees are separated into Combat, Civilian, Defense, and Diplomacy if you have all three expansions; or Combat and Civilian if you have none. Your armada will include ships to fulfill every niche of combat. For anyone who looks for a game's ability to involve strategy and timing: this is your game. I'm not usually one to comment on visuals in a game but SoaSE has them in spades. Space feels massive and beautiful, like it should feel. There is a silly implemented achievement system designed to test your abilities (e.g. beating four or more Hard AIs at once and for winning a map without researching ANYTHING in the combat tree). Really I can't say enough good stuff about this game. Will be a permanent fixture in my gaming library. Expand
  96. Apr 19, 2012
    An awesome game.
    To be there, controlling your empire, building your ships, and aniquilating the enemy, it's just priceless.
    It's a shame there's no campaign in the game, but maybe for Sins of a Solar Empire 2.
  97. May 15, 2016
    Great rts strategy game. Only two downsides: One is that there is no single player campaign and the trailer made me want one, badly.

The second is that multiplayer games can drag on for very, very long in a large galaxy.

All the factions are well balanced, the graphics are good, and if you put the AI on insane and let it cheat beyond belief you can even pretend that it's somewhat competent.
  98. Jun 19, 2013
    4x Space RTS? Yes please.

4x Space RTS? Yes please.

Sins of a Solar Empire was for me a hotly anticipated game, given the potential for greatness that it showed, that is until it was released. While it was fun to play, with stunning graphics and a decent UI, it didn't really have any wow factor and it did, as some other reviewers have said, feel bland. There weren't that many ship models/types either, not to mention the fact that their designs were... unimpressive. I mean come on, capital ships are supposed to be awe-inspiring, but they weren't anything special other than they were a little bigger than normal frigates/cruisers. Although it is fun to conduct and watch massive fleet battles, I do admit.

One of my biggest gripes is that there is so much potential and material for a single player campaign and yet there is none, which to me is a genuine travesty. That would have helped me (if done well enough) to get invested in the races. I understand what they wanted was for you to "craft your own experience" with each game, but they could have let that happen while also still providing a storyline of some kind.

As for gameplay, combat is nice in that if you're more of a hands-on player it isn't too difficult (as long as you prepare properly with control groups and fleet assignments, though even without those it's not too bad) then you can control micromanage pretty easily. If you're more of a hands-off player, you can just send your fleet into the fray and watch the fireworks too. Though it could be argued that it is a little light on the strategy in that you can, if you wanted, simply build as many ships as possible and send them barreling towards your enemy that isn't really the case since I've defeated enemies with bigger fleets before using backdoor/multiple front strategies or simply by having less, but more powerful ships in a battle.
  99. Jaz
    Feb 24, 2013
    A great RTS game. Could spend hours happily managing my empire. And that's a key point. This game is fun. Very streamlined. A real time sink but an adorable one.
  100. Aug 27, 2013
    Just spent hours trying to defeat an easy AI, and I don't think I'll play this game again. Maybe I just suck at RTS games, but it could be much better if there's a campaign for me to really learn the game. Yet still, there are some interesting ideas in this game and I think players who are interested in RTS or space games may find it a good game, so I'll give it a 6.

1. Sins of a Solar Empire combines the depth of traditional turn-based games like Civilization with the action of real-time strategy (RTS) games like Command & Conquer. The result is a rich and highly detailed game that pleases fans of both types of strategy.
  2. Sins of a Solar Empire makes no apologies for being ambitiously massive and deep.
  3. With most RTS games shifting towards fast action at the expense of real strategy, it would be an unforgivable sin for a strategy fan to pass by this game on the shelf and not pick it up.