SkyDrift PC

7.7

1. Nov 23, 2011
    wow, bought this randomly and it amazed me. a mix of mario kart style powerups, and hydro thunder / jet moto racing. a LOT of fun, really intense races. my only complaint so far is that not enough people own the game yet, there's no forum for it on steam to spread the word. it has deathmatch, racing, this game is so full of potential, already a DLC pack on the way. let's hope thewow, bought this randomly and it amazed me. a mix of mario kart style powerups, and hydro thunder / jet moto racing. a LOT of fun, really intense races. my only complaint so far is that not enough people own the game yet, there's no forum for it on steam to spread the word. it has deathmatch, racing, this game is so full of potential, already a DLC pack on the way. let's hope the company promotes it.

two thumbs up if you love flight / racing
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    The game is definitely a steal for it's price, the game itself is very fun with the aspects of power-ups and the graphics are pretty good as well, I recommend this to any airplane fans or plain racing fans.
  3. Dec 10, 2011
    I always prefered rpg's or fps than racing games. To be perfectly honest, I always get tired of such games pretty quick. But Skydrift is not ordinary racing game. Skydrift is everything i need to feel entertained. Fast paced, very intense and totally mind-blowing. Forget about cars, planes are much cooler! .. Forget about fair-play - if you cant overtake someone, fire up your rockets orI always prefered rpg's or fps than racing games. To be perfectly honest, I always get tired of such games pretty quick. But Skydrift is not ordinary racing game. Skydrift is everything i need to feel entertained. Fast paced, very intense and totally mind-blowing. Forget about cars, planes are much cooler! .. Forget about fair-play - if you cant overtake someone, fire up your rockets or leave mines on your opponents way;) But that's not the most interesting part - flying your plane across the stages, accelerating to absurd speeds and doing crazy stunts makes you feel really good. Controls are great, but without an xbox controller, there's no way you can push your plane to its limits. If you own one, get ready for intense action! Im totally amazed about the idea to use two analog sticks. Left one is responsible for turning/shifting your plane, right one turns your plane into knife position. Believe me, you'll quickly become the master of flying through tight spots and finding shortcuts. Stages are well designed, but sometimes not so clear as you would think. There are some places you can't go - there are some places that seems like obvious shorter ways but game wouldnt allow you to fly there. It's annoying at first, but after you memorize the stages... problem dissapears:) Unfortunatly there's only 6 race tracks and 3 game modes. It's not much. To be honest it is too less to be content. Oh well, at least there's eight cool looking planes to choose from .. and three more if you're willing to pay additional 1,50E. What else can i say...? Buy the game, it's totally amazing plane-racing experience ! Buy it and help to establish multiplayer community, because there's so few people playing online... It's sad, because this game is even more fun online. Oh, well, maybe after some Steam sale... Expand
  4. Apr 6, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam and in my opinion it is absolutely worths it's price. I found it quite pleasant and enjoyable, it can be excellent choice for recreation. An XBox360 controller is highly recommended.
  5. Nov 22, 2012
    Skydrift is one of those classic games that are just plain addictive. Combining elements of arcade flight simulators and racing games like "Hydro Thunder" and "Rush", Skydrift is just one of those games that you play to just have fun.

From the powerups to the insanely fun "Dog-fight-racing", Skydrift is a must-buy for people who enjoyed cheesy but fun racing games like "Mario Cart" or "Hydro Thunder".

One minor complaint if the lack of diversity in powerups, but aside from the lack of insanely outrageous powerups, this game is awesomely awesome.
  6. Dec 26, 2011
    Amazingly fun and unique racing game. Air tracks and very unique and detailed. I love the arcade style gameplay. I haven't had this much fun with a racing game since Jet Moto, Super Mario Kart and SSX Tricky. For less than $10, it is well worth it.
  7. Aug 10, 2012
    I have really enjoyed the game, helps to relax. I've bought it for PC, and I have to admit that it would be much better if I could use a Joystick to control it, playing with the arrow keys might be stressfull for those who are not used to that. Still, compared to it's price, it is a very good buy.
  8. Aug 16, 2013
    This is the most fun I've had in years. This game has an amazing single player aspect, as well as a sound, entertaining multiplayer part. The controls are difficult to master at first, but when they come together how you like them, it's an amazing experience.
  9. Sep 30, 2013
    Got this in a Humble Bundle for almost nothing and was shocked to find it the best of the bundle. Intense action, beautiful to look at, very much Mario Cart (Or F-Zero) in the sky (as most have noted). You will want an X-Box style controller to play for sure (go ahead, just drop $20 and get one), and it's hard to predict whether there will ever be enough players to make Multiplayer aGot this in a Humble Bundle for almost nothing and was shocked to find it the best of the bundle. Intense action, beautiful to look at, very much Mario Cart (Or F-Zero) in the sky (as most have noted). You will want an X-Box style controller to play for sure (go ahead, just drop $20 and get one), and it's hard to predict whether there will ever be enough players to make Multiplayer a real option. That said, the single player campaign is a lot of fun. Definitely a game you'll tell your friends about. Expand
  10. Jul 4, 2014
    This is a beautiful game graphically, and the gameplay is a very refreshing change from all the cart racers that flood the market. The steering is very precise, and allows for a new dimension to the game that makes the game quite fun. The gameplay is intense, and every mistake you make is because of your own inability, not the game. When you get good at it, the game is fun, intense andThis is a beautiful game graphically, and the gameplay is a very refreshing change from all the cart racers that flood the market. The steering is very precise, and allows for a new dimension to the game that makes the game quite fun. The gameplay is intense, and every mistake you make is because of your own inability, not the game. When you get good at it, the game is fun, intense and beautiful. The tracks are varied and good, and the DLC adds very fun, new stuff to the game. Highly recommended. Expand
  11. Jun 22, 2016
    12/31/2011: SkyDrift reminds me strongly of racing games of yore. It rings of everything from Slipstream 5000 to the air combat segments of Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier. It delivers tight controls, fast action, beautiful environments and some of the coolest planes I've seen since Crimson Skies. A physics-light combat racing game with plenty of speed, stunts and destruction, SkyDrift12/31/2011: SkyDrift reminds me strongly of racing games of yore. It rings of everything from Slipstream 5000 to the air combat segments of Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier. It delivers tight controls, fast action, beautiful environments and some of the coolest planes I've seen since Crimson Skies. A physics-light combat racing game with plenty of speed, stunts and destruction, SkyDrift would have been right at home on the old home consoles. It should come as no surprise then that I often hear it compared to Plane Crazy, a Playstation game. I've not played it, but if SkyDrift is anything like it, then its of an air racing pedigree and faithful to its roots. A worthy purchase. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Mar 8, 2012
    Racing arcade game brings fun and good playability – the biggest drawback is the absent of a local multiplayer – this kind of game is crying for it. [Feb 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Mar 1, 2012
    An amazing game with air races that can be suggested even to gamers that are not crazy for the genre- really difficult to find something to whine about in this fun, addictive game. [February 2012]
  3. Jan 6, 2012
    Digital Reality was able to develop a pretty valuable game, however, due to some imperfections, it can't be considered a must for his genre but only a good game unable to shine of his own.